Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I'm not really surprised. Brittney has gone throw the whole process five times..maybe she's just ready to move on. Plus, she's what..30 now? Maybe she just is ready to do something..real.

• Love 1

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Nicole Scherzinger is HOT as a DCC!

https://instagram.com/p/4Tz_gWO6g9/?tagged=dallascowboyscheerleaders

(She has an amazing body, so seeing her in the uniform really puts it in perspective the requirements the DCC has to maintain physically to get in that uniform. Yikes!) 

I had a feeling she would rock it!! She always has looked amazing, though in the past she admitted to suffering from eating disorders to stay skinny.  NOT saying she still has issues with it, just that she has been open before that she once went to that extreme.  Oh, to look like that in my mid 30s...LOL

Has this lady not seen the clips from the 'fashion show'? LOL I hope not, she might go into cardiac arrest!

I hope they feature in one of the MTT episodes this year it being revealed that Danielle got cover! I love Emma and Samantha too but they were (unfortunately) barely shown on MTT...I feel like I have kind of taken the journey with Danielle and her getting this accolade after almost being cut a couple of years ago is so awesome!

• Love 3

Has this lady not seen the clips from the 'fashion show'? LOL I hope not, she might go into cardiac arrest!

Yeah, I think her calling it "shameful" is a tad dramatic, but I don't necessarily disagree, the organization sounds so hypocritical when they claim that whole "girl next door" image.
  • Love 1

Came across this interview with Jessica Allison that she apparently did after semi's but before finals...I just kind of thought it was cool to hear her talk about how she prepared.  Such a girlcrush on her!!  

• Love 1

That was so cool! Of course Cheryl's an amazing pro dancer, and she might have outdanced the DCC, even in an unfamiliar style. Nicole is trained, too, and was a cheerleader, but showed just how hard it is to pick up that choreography quickly. She looked amazing, though. Not sure why they had a couple of climbing stunts, bc the DCC hardly do that, and I wish they hadn't panned the camera oddly during the brief kickline and split jump, but Bravo DCC, Cheryl and Nicole. 

I thought the show did a good job - Jennifer K had the only speaking part when she was teaching Nicole and Cheryl the choreography - and I could've sworn I saw Mia there, which was a little odd.  The stunting parts were not with the DCC but were incorporated in the end of the routine.  

I thought the show did a good job - Jennifer K had the only speaking part when she was teaching Nicole and Cheryl the choreography - and I could've sworn I saw Mia there, which was a little odd.  The stunting parts were not with the DCC but were incorporated in the end of the routine.  

Mia was there. I wasn't surprised about it, honestly. She is clearly still deeply involved in the organization and I believe she's still an allstar, correct? I'm expecting that she'll get Judy's job or at least Megan Fox's job at some point in the future.

They are showing Season 9 currently on CMT and they just had the episode with the social media seminar. Does anyone know why they never did do the articles or blogs on the Facebook page that Ashley suggested? At the time, they all, including Kelly, seemed to like the idea.

I've watched this show since the two hour special, have read all the boards...I've seen questions on the girl's Twitter pages, the DCC Facebook page - I mean, there are lots of possible topics for articles and blogs.

• Love 1

They are showing Season 9 currently on CMT and they just had the episode with the social media seminar. Does anyone know why they never did do the articles or blogs on the Facebook page that Ashley suggested? At the time, they all, including Kelly, seemed to like the idea. 

The DCC site was combined with the Cowboys so maybe there's no room for blogs. Or maybe they just decided not to do it.

(edited)

Both Nicole and Cheryl looked great in the uniform and did ok in the dancing.  I know Cheryl can do better split than that though.  Even if she didn't want to do the jump splits, I know I've seen her be more flexible than that.  She was off-centered and didn't look like she'd really stretched enough beforehand.   The clip was too short to really show anything else.

I couldn't believe that was Cheryl though.  She didn't look nearly as polished or put together as I'm used to seeing as I thought her hair looked really limp and the style did nothing for her.  Also, that red lipstick looked horrid, almost as if her lips entered the room before she did.  Nicole looked great and her hairstyle and makeup did justice to the girls around her.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
Nicole could easily pass as a DCC. Tall, lean, and awesome long legs!

https://Instagram.com/p/4k4LfoobNn/

Those are DCC throwing her up in the air?? I'm confused lol  But I agree, she looks awesome!

Ha, technically, no, the random guys are throwing her up in the air while two other (non-DCC) girls serve as spotters. I thought it was weird that they incorporated cheer stunts into the routine since the DCC don't normally do that (although I do remember that special performance they did where they had some of the girls stunt with guys specially imported for that show). I guess they wanted to include some traditional cheer stuff too?

I also thought it was weird that neither Cheryl nor Nicole did the jump splits. I rewound to double check and they both jumped up (no splits in the air) and then slid down. Nicole is definitely flexible enough. When she did that roller skating routine, she was doing the splits with her nose to her knee. But I know it's scary to do the jump splits if you're not used to it, so I guess I can give them a pass since they both did the routine really well (Nicole, in particular).

I also thought it was weird that neither Cheryl nor Nicole did the jump splits. I rewound to double check and they both jumped up (no splits in the air) and then slid down. Nicole is definitely flexible enough. When she did that roller skating routine, she was doing the splits with her nose to her knee. But I know it's scary to do the jump splits if you're not used to it, so I guess I can give them a pass since they both did the routine really well (Nicole, in particular).

I didn't think it was weird at all. Jump splits arent something you can learn overnight and execute successfully on the spot. Unlike the Rookie Candidates, they weren't training to be DCCs. Definitely looked a bit off, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you are a strong, flexible trained dancer, it's really not a big deal to do the jump splits. I have seen many dancers do it on their first try without any problem. It's really just the fear factor. I agree that better safe than sorry is the more practical route, especially for a show like this though. I'm just surprised that neither of them wanted to try. I would bet that Nicole could definitely nail the jump splits with very little practice.

My guess is they weren't going to risk injuring themselves attempting the jump splits, and I don't blame them. Even an experienced dancer could screw it up in rehearsal, which would be detrimental to the show.

• Love 3

My guess is they weren't going to risk injuring themselves attempting the jump splits, and I don't blame them. Even an experienced dancer could screw it up in rehearsal, which would be detrimental to the show.

Exactly. Cheryl has had several injuries, and except for that, would have no problem with a jump split or split. She also looked a few inches shorter than both Nicole and the DCC on her other side. Honestly, I thought she outdanced the DCC. My eyes were drawn to her. She has better fluidity and actually looked like she was attempting to be 'blockier.' She's a professional dancer and choreographer, so no big surprise that she did so well.

Same goes for Nicole. She's more of a singer, but danced for years and was a musical theatre/dance major in college. Plus she had been a competitive cheerleader, which is why she aced that basket toss. She's talented, and her little bit of trouble with picking up the choreography so quickly was not evident at all when she performed.

I think they both looked great and performed really well. 

If there were issues with height differences in the high-kick line, that fault lies with whoever blocked out the routine.  That person, if they had any experience with high-kick lines, would (or should) have known about that and how injuries can happen.  I would HOPE that whoever blocked it out would know that and, if they didn't, that one or more of the DCC would have spoken up and said something about it.

I didn't know that about Cheryl and her injuries, but then again, I don't follow her with any regularity so I wouldn't know.  Many dancers can go their whole careers with only minor injuries yet others get hammered with them.  Look at Tessa.  She made it into Training Camp, then had issues with her ACL (or was it her meniscus?), then had the stroke.  I know Nicole has had issues with her knees and the jump-split hasn't helped that any.  We've seen girls with ACL injuries, hamstrings, groin, knee and a variety of other injuries on the squad.

Thanks for that video of Jessica M, LaurenBrook!  MTT overlooked her too much, I think, so I enjoyed hearing more from her.  She's an amazing dancer, very articulate, and I thought she was one of the most beautiful girls on her squad, which of course is saying something.

I scrolled through some pages and didn't see this, so my apologies if this is a repost.  I found this interview that Jacie did with Danielle, on the same page as the Camp DCC video with Jennifer.  It looks like the Cowboys website is starting to do more articles on the DCC, and it's nice that journalistically minded DCC like Jacie are contributing to it.  (IIRC, Ally Traylor was somehow related to journalism and did a lot of blogs and articles too, back in the day.)  I thought her interview with Danielle was great--very charming, and showed Jacie's admiration for her team mate and gave more of a glimpse of Danielle as a DCC and person than we see just on the show.  Here's the link http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-spotlight-danielle/

• Love 1

OK, I don't know how they're organizing this website exactly, but all I did was click on "DCC" on the top of the Danielle article I posted above, and several more articles on DCC and TCC popped up.  I hope they do keep this up!  Again, sorry if this is a repost, but here are some links to other articles I found, mostly by the seemingly sweet, but fashion-challenged Kristie Scales:

On Jenna

http://www.5pointsblue.com/from-orange-county-to-korea-to-valley-ranch-jennas-dcc-journey/

Jacie's training camp "diary"

http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-diaries-training-camp/

On Karen TCC

http://www.5pointsblue.com/viva-mexico-karen-lopez-is-a-dcc-rookie-hopeful-from-monterrey-mexico/

On Amy TCC

http://www.5pointsblue.com/tales-from-dcc-training-camp-amy-trader-is-biomedical-engineer-neuroscientist-with-a-patent-pending-on-a-study-project/

• Love 1

Thanks for that video of Jessica M, LaurenBrook!  MTT overlooked her too much, I think, so I enjoyed hearing more from her.  She's an amazing dancer, very articulate, and I thought she was one of the most beautiful girls on her squad, which of course is saying something.

I scrolled through some pages and didn't see this, so my apologies if this is a repost.  I found this interview that Jacie did with Danielle, on the same page as the Camp DCC video with Jennifer.  It looks like the Cowboys website is starting to do more articles on the DCC, and it's nice that journalistically minded DCC like Jacie are contributing to it.  (IIRC, Ally Traylor was somehow related to journalism and did a lot of blogs and articles too, back in the day.)  I thought her interview with Danielle was great--very charming, and showed Jacie's admiration for her team mate and gave more of a glimpse of Danielle as a DCC and person than we see just on the show.  Here's the link http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-spotlight-danielle/

I know, I really wish Jessica Montoya had been shown more and it sounded like she wanted to be featured more on the show but probably not enough drama LOL 

Thank you for the article on Danielle!! She really is one of my favorites and she doesn't sugar coat that it's been a rough journey for her.  

(edited)

I don't kno what was meant by "Jenna was one of only four rookies to make the squad in 2012."

Maybe I'm reading this wrong? Because 2012 was the year of the massive Rookie class.

I think she left off 'to make show group' Edited by RhiRhi

Does anyone else think it's super hypercritical that Shannon Gross teaches the cheerleaders social media etiquette and then goes and parties with current cheerleaders and posts party pics online? You can see on his Instagram and a bunch of other girls on the 4th of July in Minnesota. I'm sure he's definitely dipping his pen in the company ink!

• Love 1

Whoa, I did not even recognize that guy as Shannon!! he looks like a hill billy...I'm not against facial hair but that's kind of out of control. He was SO clean cut and professional-looking before.  Did he have a mid life crisis or something??

And yeah, the pictures are not inappropriate but I think it's kind of poor taste for him to hanging out with the cheerleaders..maybe not if they are all 'retired' DCC but Kelsey was there and she's still on the team, right? Oh and Angela too...I guess if Kelli doesn't care.