Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, pink317 said:

Carla had no chance once the ex boyfriend hit 'send'. He was vindictive enough to send the pics to K&J, you bet had she made the team, he would have sent them to The Dirty, TMZ, and everywhere else in between. If the pics were in his possession illegally, she could have made a case to stay assuming she took legal action to get him to stop.

I was going to write the same thing.  Many women pose for their boyfriends and there is nothing wrong with that.  The boyfriend was/is a complete douche and wanted to ruin her/be a spiteful dick/whatever and it worked in this case. Yes, she had her dance problems but her bigger problem was something out of her control.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sarah99 said:

Ask and you shall receive. It's a bit wonky looking, but that's the Internet Archive for you:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150724155400/http://chelseachaney.com/category/blog/

Thanks for posting! Now that I'm reading her initial entry, I have to admit it's not as bad as I remember. I feel a bit like I'm on crazy pills because I remembered it being much more whiney and entitled sounding. However, I think my annoyance with her might have been a combination of her blog plus her Instagram/Twitter jabs at the DCC organization ("I wish I was still as fat as I was when I was told I was fat!") while constantly posting pictures of herself in uniform. It just comes across tacky to me to post pictures of herself in the uniform of an organization she has publicly shamed multiple times. She just rubs me the wrong way overall and comes across immature.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, RhiRhi said:

Unpopular opinion: I'm glad the cowboys lost.  They DCC would have been insufferable if they'd made the Super Bowl, the whole #finishthefight hashtags were really annoying. 

omg I'm SO with you RhiRhi!!  First thing I did was say thank goodness when I found out they lost.  DCC are already so over the top that with the whole Cowboys and football love (totally get it), I can't imagine how annoying they would be if they had gone!  And now all the "I'm so grateful to be part of this organization" tweets ...lol.  But I was so annoyed with the #finishthefight hashtags.  Seriously?  What fight? 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

omg I'm SO with you RhiRhi!!  First thing I did was say thank goodness when I found out they lost.  DCC are already so over the top that with the whole Cowboys and football love (totally get it), I can't imagine how annoying they would be if they had gone!  And now all the "I'm so grateful to be part of this organization" tweets ...lol.  But I was so annoyed with the #finishthefight hashtags.  Seriously?  What fight? 

You know what irked me more than that? #wedemboys.  Ugh, makes my skin crawl!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You know what irked me more than that? #wedemboys.  Ugh, makes my skin crawl!

interestingly enough the song they've been using that the hashtag originated from was supposed to be about the steelers i think. It's a very repetitive song, hol up hol up we dem boyz

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

interestingly enough the song they've been using that the hashtag originated from was supposed to be about the steelers i think. It's a very repetitive song, hol up hol up we dem boyz

Ugh...not a Steelers fan either!!! :)

Y'all are killing me ?Those are the fan tags, they didnt just make them up. Finish This Fight was the playoff/team theme and has a multiple year history behind it. Fight is a pillar value of the football team. Wow. You guys win the thread forsure lol!!!!  

Wiz wrote both songs but We Dem Boyz is regarded as the Cowboys song while Black and Yellow is the Steelers.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Y'all are killing me ?Those are the fan tags, they didnt just make them up. Finish This Fight was the playoff/team theme and has a multiple year history behind it. Fight is a pillar value of the football team. Wow. You guys win the thread forsure lol!!!!  

Wiz wrote both songs but We Dem Boyz is regarded as the Cowboys song while Black and Yellow is the Steelers.

What was going around in the cowboys subreddit was that it was for the steelers, but I could be mistaken lol 

That's why I was holding off on my opinions on the hashtags, I can't put my feelings about them in a nice way like you did

Back in the day of Michael Irvin they did the videos as well but the tagline was Finish THE fight, this time it was Finish THIS fight which didn't happen =/

25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That doesn't make it any less annoying to us non-fans :)

Yes, you're annoyed that the employees of an organization represent said organization on social media through the use of hashtags :)

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pink317 said:

Yes, you're annoyed that the employees of an organization represent said organization on social media through the use of hashtags :)

haha yep, pretty much :)

7 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think that's what she and others (including myself) are saying. It's certainly not a very POPULAR opinion is it? Oh wait......

Yes ma'am!!

• Love 5
23 hours ago, pink317 said:

DCC cannot dance hip hop very well. I also think it is a huge kick in the teeth to DCRB to have DCC (pom dancers) perform a feature hip hop routine despite DCRB being the hip hop dance team.

While I liked the routine I also though it was a huge kick to the DCRB!

5 hours ago, Sarah99 said:

Ask and you shall receive. It's a bit wonky looking, but that's the Internet Archive for you:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150724155400/http://chelseachaney.com/category/blog/

oh so many thanks, I've been wanting to read this for ages

• Love 1

Found this article (written by Sasha Agent!) from 2012 about getting her splits for the kickline - thought it was pretty neat. Was looking for article breaking down the high kick itself, so if anyone has something like that I hope you post it.  I've paid attention about the basics (point your toes, keep standing foot flat and don't roll up, kick toward your nose, shoulders back, don't hunch over), but was wondering what else there is to a "pretty kick." 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2012/02/24/got-splits

11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I thought it was strange that they didn't include the DCRB as well, considering there were several Mavs/Mavs alumni dancers performing.

Yes! I thought I was going to see the DCRB in there since it was a hip hop dance like they do. I wonder why they weren't in it.

@QuiteContraryMoni, when you do try out we'll all be rooting for you, on here and then on MTT! Could you wear the fur hat in your profile pic at the audition so that we know it's you? 

I hope Jinelle does reaudition, and I don't think she'd be too lost without her rookie classmates.  She seems like one of the most beloved members of the team, so I imagine she has meaningful bonds and relationships with several other DCCs.  She should have 2 more years on her visa, and she lovvvvvvves the DCC, so if her health holds up, hey, why not go for one more year and get to finish up as a group leader?  I think she said she cheered 6 or 7 years in Australia. She's already cheered for nearly a dozen years! That's an incredibly long time to cheer or dance professionally.  If she doesn't return, I wonder who the 4th group leader would be? 

Excited but not surprised that Maggie is reauditioning. I could see her being in it for the long haul. I hope so!  She's a great performer and just seems so sweet.  And she's adorbs. 

I can't really think of anyone from this team I wouldn't want to see back.  Um, well, I guess I wouldn't be sad at all if Tasha didn't come back, but I imagine she will since her whole family moved to Dallas so she could do this. And I guess Megan, if she can't get "uniform ready."  I want her to get it together, though, because I love watching her dance.  I feel like the swimsuit trip will be very telling and a good predictor of potential audition weight issues.  

And I totally want to see Erica at point!

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHAHA of COURSE! I'll wear a sportsbra, hot pants and a davy crocket hat! DYING!!! Actually, you will all know me, I'll be like Magda next to Cameron Diaz in 'Something about Mary'.

Stop, I can't. I just pictured you showing up to auditions with a dog in a full body cast and a pair of fake old lady boobs that sag to your belly button. I gotta go.

• Love 4

I don't particularly mind if their solo costume doesn't show everything, because their field costume does. Heaven knows the camera guys down on the field aren't shy about focusing on a wiggly, bouncing midriff. We've seen plenty through auditions at the Arlington stadium. 

Ie...I didn't mind Megan's costume last year or Kenzie's (?) sweet floaty number vs something like Erika Jenkins wore where she looked like she had rolled out of bed in her hot pants and got her boyfriend's shirt off the floor. Or Caila's weird outfit that added to the "heaviness" of her dancing. 

• Love 2

I feel like we have a good mix of fan bases, tho most have some level of tolerance because they like the DCC. I feel like you gals who don't have cheerleaders on your team tolerate the Cowboys rah rah the least ? (I.E., Packers, Steelers) 

That could just be good old fashioned division rivalries too. 

I didn't mind the finish this fight too much, but I also only follow a handful of cheerleaders and they don't tend to go too hashtag bananas. Gotta keep my sanity. 

• Love 1

I'm a Houstonian, so naturally a Texans fan lol. An older girl at my old gym was a DCC for a year and that's how I discovered the show. I don't hate or like the cowboys, but I certainly didn't want them winning a Super Bowl in Houston so I'm not too sad they lost?

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OMG Erika's shirt. The hell. I always got SUCH a princess vibe when she said to Kelli "I'm mostly just offended that you didn't like my solo". Girl, you're in no position to be offended. Ya gained weight, ya rested on your laurels and ya looked lazy.

Well Erika's clearly on the right path.  I liked her as a DCC, and she still looks beautiful today.

As a DCC.

And now.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don't particularly mind if their solo costume doesn't show everything, because their field costume does. Heaven knows the camera guys down on the field aren't shy about focusing on a wiggly, bouncing midriff. We've seen plenty through auditions at the Arlington stadium. 

Ie...I didn't mind Megan's costume last year or Kenzie's (?) sweet floaty number vs something like Erika Jenkins wore where she looked like she had rolled out of bed in her hot pants and got her boyfriend's shirt off the floor. Or Caila's weird outfit that added to the "heaviness" of her dancing. 

If we could hear the actual music the girls danced to during solos, then the costumes would make more sense.  And when you think about it, they could dance in a garbage bag but they will still have to perform on the Jumbotron wearing a two piece outfit that will show off any weight gain.

• Love 3

The DCC Instagram has highlights from Sunday's halftime show.  My unpopular opinion - some of the girls looked heavier in the hip hop outfits, but looked fine in their DCC uniform.  I think some of the pants and shorts didn't do them any favors.

7 hours ago, California Girl said:

Well Erika's clearly on the right path.  I liked her as a DCC, and she still looks beautiful today.

As a DCC.

And now.

I think (like so many other former DCCs) she actually looks better now!! Did she get a nose job or is it a good angle and contouring? 

• Love 1

There's a GORGEOUS picture on Erica's Instagram that looks like it was straight out of some old movie.  Sadly, I don't know how to link to Instagram and get the picture here or I would.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2

Was hoping for a Super Bowl win to go with the amazing and wonderfully awesome, and unbelievable, recent World Series win........

always believe in 'next year'.......even if it takes 108 of them

( love my boys in blue.....Cubs and Cowboys)

Dalgal214, you are so right about Phil! I met him on a stadium tour last year. I was so shocked and excited to meet him! An amazingly sweet man, just as nice and friendly as could be! He even posed for a picture with me and chatted for quite awhile! And I got a hug too!

now for my unpopular opinion.....the hip hop dance was neat, but good grief, do they ever dance a show like that....NOT in a triangle?!?! Blah!!!!

I get it, but I don't get it.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I am a life long, die hard fan 

Same. My dad raised me and my sister as Cowboys fans. I just started understanding the game a few years ago though lol

13 hours ago, California Girl said:

As a DCC.

And now.

I think she's gorgeous and I didn't think she looked that out of shape.  Isn't she pole dancing (as exercise not as career) right now?  She's really grown into her looks.

Still not a fan  of Jinelle - she seems nice and has a massive bright smile but I roll my eyes every time I see her do that same damn salsa move during finals.  It's not cute!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I think she's gorgeous and I didn't think she looked that out of shape.  Isn't she pole dancing (as exercise not as career) right now?  She's really grown into her looks.

Still not a fan  of Jinelle - she seems nice and has a massive bright smile but I roll my eyes every time I see her do that same damn salsa move during finals.  It's not cute!

Jinelle's salsa move is soooo awful....and not in the good was.  I agree she appears amateurish & rather sad whenever she sticks in her "go to" move.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Annette said:

Jinelle's salsa move is soooo awful....and not in the good was.  I agree she appears amateurish & rather sad whenever she sticks in her "go to" move.

Is there a good way for something to be awful?

I don't mind Jinelle's dancing. The same move that people talk about her doing...plenty of the other girls do the same move. Meh. I actually never paid attention to her dancing much until she was in the Kip Moore video. I thought she was fantastic in that. But I've always thought she was beautiful and radiant ever since they made her over in her rookie season. And damn, her body.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Annette said:

Is that the one where she flails her forearm circles and sort of chases/trots? Not a fan of that move. Jinelle seems like a sweetheart, but she does lather, rinse, repeat with her solos.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

This one?  I love love love the pics she posts on IG.  She is STUNNING and I love that she is still friends with her rookie buddy Michelle and Abigail Klein. 

Yep.  That one.  I could only WISH I looked that good.  I also love the color of her hair (I also loved Meredith Oden's hair color too).  If I went red, I would have to stick to more of an auburn hue than the shade she rocks because my hair's naturally dark (and my skin wouldn't support that coppery/orangey-red shade either).

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Abigail is adorable.  Go back and watch Season 2.

Not so easy for all of us :(  Those of us who don't have CMT in our cable packages still don't have access to prior seasons, correct?  I guess there's YouTube, but I've heard awful things about their voices.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Not so easy for all of us :(  Those of us who don't have CMT in our cable packages still don't have access to prior seasons, correct?  I guess there's YouTube, but I've heard awful things about their voices.

I haven't been able to find the earlier seasons on youtube. 

• Love 2