Type keyword(s) to search

Psych: THE MOVIE!

1 hour ago, strongercoffee said:

For those who said they weren't crazy about Juliet, I would love to hear why! I'm always so interested to hear how fans perceive different characters :)

Personally I just found her very bland. I didn't mind her character so much with others but couldn't stand her with Shawn because I feel like they had to make her too stupid in order to continue to accept the whole fake psychic thing. I did like her big brother/little sister vibe with lassie and liked her the most around him. Otherwise she felt like standard pretty girl whose only real purpose is to be the love interest of the man child. I'm trying to think of stand out moments for her and can't. She was always just kind of there for me. While adorable, Maggie Lawson isn't exactly setting the acting world on fire, so I don't think she really managed to rise about her cookie cutter character.

Of course, Shawn wasn't my favorite character either, so hooking those two up left me very lukewarm. I'd say, ranking them, it's Lassie, Gus, Henry, Woody (I can't help it, I love the guy), Shawn, Buzz, Jules and Vic (last only because she really never had much to do).

• Love 4

Of all the times to get sick it had to be the day the Psych movie was on! I recorded it. Then unfortunately fell asleep while watching it. Twice. Finally well enough to watch it. I loved it! I loved that their business is in Chinatown, I loved seeing the old gang together again. I wish Lassie had been on longer but I understand he wasn't well. I'm glad he's doing okay. Woody got fired of course he did only he would get fired for trying to retrieve a chili dog from a cadaver. Loved the shot outs and references. Insisting Juliet would never be in a Hallmark movie. I agree Gus Pluto will always be the ninth planet! I loved the dream sequence. Allison Road playing. The 'better version' made me think of Leverage Nate said it when he was officiating the wedding. I only really wish the movie had come out last December so I could watch it with my mother. We watched all Psych episodes together even the repeats on ION when they used to have them on every night. She passed away in March. I hope we get more Psych movies!

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 6
On 12/10/2017 at 11:16 AM, BW Manilowe said:

This Tweet says you can watch the movie online without having to use 1 of those dumb cable log-ins (which I never seem to know or know how to find).

Damn! I paid iTunes $2.99 for it. Totally worth it, though.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:16 AM, BW Manilowe said:

Edited by PuhLeeze
weird double post w/in post
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 7:26 PM, raven said:

I rewound but couldn't make out what Ewan was saying about the wedding present at the very end when they run up the stairs.  Maybe I'll get it when I rewatch but would appreciate it if anyone can help out.

Didn't see this get answered. Ewan asked if Shawn had the present. He said no. Ewan said he was going to need it. As Shawn's getting shot at, he says "This better be an awesome gift." Ewan replies something like "Don't ever break the case or drop it."

• Love 2

Psych will begin airing in Jan 2018 on - wait for iiiiit - Hallmark Movies and Mysteries!

Guess the shoutout to Hallmark was more than just for Maggie Lawson's Christmas movie. Yay!!!

Forgot an s. They're important

Edited by jette
  • Love 5

ME: giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, jette said:

Psych will begin airing in Jan 2018 on - wait for iiiiit - Hallmark Movies and Mysteries!

Guess the shoutout to Hallmark was more than just for Maggie Lawson'  Christmas movie. Yay!!!

Forgot an s. They're important

• Love 1

One of my favorite throw-away bits was when Juliet seemed surprised by the presence of Mr. Vick, since she'd never seen him in all the years of working with Chief. Mr. Vick is like Vera from Cheers or Niles Crane's first wife or the rest of Wilson's face on Home Improvement.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, St. Claire said:

One of my favorite throw-away bits was when Juliet seemed surprised by the presence of Mr. Vick, since she'd never seen him in all the years of working with Chief. Mr. Vick is like Vera from Cheers or Niles Crane's first wife or the rest of Wilson's face on Home Improvement.

Or Tino on My So-Called Life!

• Love 1

Okay, I can't believe I forgot to comment on this, but after watching for the third time, I was reminded of the one thing that really bugged me. And that was Shawn suddenly forgetting or not using proper grammar. I was all:

giphy.gif

when Shawn said "for who" and had to be corrected by McGoldrick saying "For Whom!" Because I remember when Shawn and Gus both corrected Vick, when she had said she "could care less" (I'm blanking on the episode) and both of them, or maybe it was Gus, who said, the correct wording was "I couldn't care less," and that she had also "split an infinitive." And then Shawn said something else. And I don't wanna hear any

giphy.gif

from the Peanut Gallery, either!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
On 12/14/2017 at 2:58 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, I can't believe I forgot to comment on this, but after watching for the third time, I was reminded of the one thing that really bugged me. And that was Shawn suddenly forgetting or not using proper grammar. I was all:

giphy.gif

when Shawn said "for who" and had to be corrected by McGoldrick saying "For Whom!" Because I remember when Shawn and Gus both corrected Vick, when she had said she "could care less" (I'm blanking on the episode) and both of them, or maybe it was Gus, who said, the correct wording was "I couldn't care less," and that she had also "split an infinitive." And then Shawn said something else. And I don't wanna hear any

giphy.gif

from the Peanut Gallery, either!

After the travesty that is "woved" from the musical, no amount of poor grammar would shock me. Although really "whom" is a word I don't generally expect to hear in casual conversation, so Shawn using it correctly, incorrectly and mocking those who would use it correctly or incorrectly makes sense to me.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

After the travesty that is "woved" from the musical, no amount of poor grammar would shock me. Although really "whom" is a word I don't generally expect to hear in casual conversation, so Shawn using it correctly, incorrectly and mocking those who would use it correctly or incorrectly makes sense to me.

??????LALALALALALALALALAAAAAA?????????

749B84B4-9D2E-45B3-A85A-5434E4CB4DD6.gif

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I finally got to see the movie. It. Was. Glorious!! I am so happy right now!

IMG_2145.GIF

I only wish wish there was more Lassie, but it's understandable. I hope more movies are in our future!!!

IMG_2147.GIF

I was wondering where you were and why you hadn’t posted! What was your favorite part?

And I do believe there will be more movies. I know one article I read stated how they wanted the next one to be Halloween themed.

James even tweeted how we all want more movies?? And if course I responded with an excited: “YES!YES!YES!”????????

• Love 2

I wish they didn't bring back old villains and created a whole new plot - I have mostly seen Psych in syndication on network tv and have probably only caught about 1/2, so I really didn't know who these people were.  I know, it's for the super fans, but still...

When Vic gave Juliet 24 hours, and Juliet says, I'll only need 12 and goes to see Sam (finding the hospital shot up), what was she going there for? 

I like Sam Huntington and was sad when he got shot in the first few minutes of the movie.  I think he'd fit in nicely with Shawn and Gus.

I watched this online, and the buffering became unbearable after each commercial break.  Was anyone else having the same issues?  (CBS streaming used to do this to me, too - could get through the regular parts of the show but the commercials would cause buffer issues.) 

They only brought back one "old villain" and even she wasn't a recurring one they dealt with.  Everyone else was from the show.  This movie wasn't for the "super" fans, but for ALL the fans of the show. We've been clamoring for a reunion for years.

Juliet was going to go to Sam to get the answers, but one of the goons/henchwoman killed him.

Shawn and Gus don't need anyone else to fit with them--they need a foil, and that's Lassie. But as has been discussed here and in the media thread, the actor playing Lassie, suffered a mild stroke right before filming for this movie started, which is why we only got the two minute scene with Juliet via phone.

I watched live. This is the ONLY show I watched live, and the movie would be no exception. But I also recorded it, so I can rewatch it again and again. I love how during the first airing, during the commercial breaks they had that mini question off about who was the funniest, does x, does y, and James and Dulé say it's Dulé. But I wish the background hadn't been green with White Font. Because I can barely make out the questions. The text should have been in red.

The fact that so many people are asking for more movies, and James Roday teasing them on Twitter--with a "do you want more???" tells me we'll get them. At least one more with Lassie, and this time it will be Halloween-themed.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, chaifan said:

I wish they didn't bring back old villains and created a whole new plot - I have mostly seen Psych in syndication on network tv and have probably only caught about 1/2, so I really didn't know who these people were.  I know, it's for the super fans, but still...

All the villains were new except the super villain at the end. She was only in one episode previously. So, I was also asking who these people were too.

When Vic gave Juliet 24 hours, and Juliet says, I'll only need 12 and goes to see Sam (finding the hospital shot up), what was she going there for? 

I think she was just going to question him and find out what he knew.

I watched this online, and the buffering became unbearable after each commercial break.  Was anyone else having the same issues?  (CBS streaming used to do this to me, too - could get through the regular parts of the show but the commercials would cause buffer issues.) 

Yes, I had that problem too--I ended up purchasing and watching it on Amazon, though--but in my case it was due to my internet connection lagging. I have the same problem with the CW website and Hulu sometimes. It seems to me, the commercials seem to need more speed to be able to keep up with than the actual show requires. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
19 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

All the villains were new except the super villain at the end. She was only in one episode previously. So, I was also asking who these people were too, but I wouldn't consider myself a super fan, so... .

Well, if you were like me, you knew that Zachary Levi was going to be on, and none of the previous foes and villains that Shawn and Gus had interacted with, so for me, I didn't question it. I was just happy our gang was back!

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, if you were like me, you knew that Zachary Levi was going to be on, and none of the previous foes and villains that Shawn and Gus had interacted with, so for me, I didn't question it. I was just happy our gang was back!

No, I knew that Zachary Levi was going to be in it, but he wasn't reprising a role from the show, his character was new. I was basically saying the villains--and the plotline--were new, so I didn't know who they were either. I have no problem with that. It was supposed to be a mystery and we were supposed to wonder what these people were targeting Juliet for. Once it was revealed his character had a boss, I figured that would be someone we'd seen before. But she was the only villain who was reprising her role and, TBH, I didn't recognize her right off. She was never a main player in the show and her plotting revenge on Juliet was a completely new storyline.

So, IMO, I don't think you needed to have seen the episode she was in to have followed the movie. It was a bit of a nod for those fans who had seen the episode, but I think the movie stands on it's own, myself. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

No, I knew that Zachary Levi was going to be in it, but he wasn't reprising a role from the show, his character was new. I was basically saying the villains--and the plotline--were new, so I didn't know who they were either. I have no problem with that. It was supposed to be a mystery and we were supposed to wonder what these people were targeting Juliet for. Once it was revealed his character had a boss, I figured that would be someone we'd seen before. But she was the only villain who was reprising her role and, TBH, I didn't recognize her right off. She was never a main player in the show and her plotting revenge on Juliet was a completely new storyline.

So, IMO, I don't think you needed to have seen the episode she was in to have followed the movie. It was a bit of a nod for those fans who had seen the episode, but I think the movie stands on it's own, myself. 

Ah, got it! And I'm the same--I didn't recognize her at first either--for me Yin/Yang were Peter Weller and Allie Sheedy. And also agree, I didn't need to KNOW who the villains were. That's the fun part about this show/movie.

1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

From the beginning scene in Sam's apartment I was thinking that I was supposed to know who these people were - at least Zachary Levi (even though it later seemed clear that henchmen/woman were newbies.)  And then again when Maggie appeared it was clear she was an old character.  So maybe I just felt a little lost when I shouldn't have been.  Eh, doesn't really matter, it was still a fun movie.  It does show that they can easily do a stand alone movie (really just a double episode) without having to reprise the series.  As long as the actors are free to do so, I hope it proves worthwhile (profitable) for the network to do this.  I miss Lassie, and hopefully he will have recovered enough to come back in the future.  But the set up for the John Cena adventure looks like fun!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chaifan said:

From the beginning scene in Sam's apartment I was thinking that I was supposed to know who these people were - at least Zachary Levi (even though it later seemed clear that henchmen/woman were newbies.)  And then again when Maggie appeared it was clear she was an old character.  So maybe I just felt a little lost when I shouldn't have been.

Well, I was totally lost and not afraid to admit it.

• Love 1

I can’t recall if anyone mentioned this, but another scene that had me ????was when Gus, Shawn and Morrissy the Service Dog were escaping the asylum, was Gus’s All Point Turn!???? Instead of a three point turn, he had to back up, turn, back up, until his car was facing the opposite direction from the gate!????

• Love 3

Ok, so I've lived with the movie for a couple weeks, let it soak in...didn't want to rain on the excitement...and...meh. I feel they tried to include all the hits, and we ended up with a string of sound bites instead of a story.

Jules played fast and loose with the law? No. I don't care if they used her ignoring the chief's daughter's petit theft to establish Jules's new found, elastic definition of right/wrong. No. It flies in the face of years of established behavior. We got 40 versions of "suck it" and "c'mon son" but surprise(!) Jules is a dirty cop.

Was the chief's husband's identity ever a thing (outside the writers' room anyway? Did they have a private joke about him being like Norm's wife on Cheers except they never shared it with the viewers?) I don't remember ever giving him a thought. I still don't care who he is. And his idiot daughter can go live with him.

Henry as a hippy. Again: No. And an even bigger NO than Jules-is-a-criminal-no. What did this add to the story? I wanted Henry in the movie, of course, and hopefully Corbin had fun playing it, but I thought his inclusion -- like this -- was worse than useless. If he'd been priggish Henry at least they would've preserved the character. Who will be Shaun's North Star next time he has a dilemma? Jules is a criminal now, you know.

Pet peeve: If you don't have a marriage license it doesn't matter if the heavily-tattooed, scary "thug" character is (surprise!) ordained. Your marriage is not legal. The gubmint needs revenue, and it wants your $99, bitches.

There are more, but they (mostly) fall under overused trope or character assassination categories. Overall? I would've preferred the series be put back on Netflix.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

but surprise(!) Jules is a dirty cop.

Nowhere did I see the show telling me that she was a dirty cop. And Jules played fast and loose when the plot demanded it in the regular series; they all forgot the law when a case affected them personally. It falls under the T!I!P! trope. Jules conveniently forgot the law, if you will after she and Shawn got together and she learned he wasn't a real psychic, but remained mum, when he continued to portray himself as one. That was just some bullshit that because her snitch who gave her the information to put the bad guys away, also ended up going in prison, made her a lousy cop in her own eyes.

10 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Who will be Shaun's North Star next time he has a dilemma? Jules is a criminal now, you know.

It's actually Shawn. And again, I didn't see anything in show/movie that said she was a criminal. That was just her snitch's thinking and process because he had to go to prison, so he created that list of her "crimes."

11 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Pet peeve: If you don't have a marriage license it doesn't matter if the heavily-tattooed, scary "thug" character is (surprise!) ordained. Your marriage is not legal.

Eh. I figure they got it after. It's a show, after all. And if other shows, in prime time and soaps can get away with it, and under more egregious circumstances, I'm not going to wring my hands or pull my hair because this movie didn't show me that detail.

Again, there was a lot of re-writing done right when they started shooting due to Omundson's stroke. Originally, he was supposed to have been in most of this movie; and I suspect,we would have gotten a lot more Henry. But, as long as Corbin was happy with it, and he was, otherwise he would have refused to star in it. One of the things he said in the teasers before the movie premiered, was he would look at the script to see how many pages of lines/dialogue he would be in; and that would decide whether it was worth it or something like that.

Sorry you didn't enjoy this movie. For me, I loved it, and it was a love letter to the fans who had been clamoring for a movie since the show ended. I'm watching the series on ION, and really, I love that they all still are true to the characters they played in the movie. And I stand corrected regarding Gus using the high pitched "I don't CAAARE!" as a new phrase. He used "I KnOW!" a few times in season four that I forgot! But it's still funny.

• Love 2

Juliet didn't seem like a dirty cop when it came to the Chief's daughter.  Cops let people go with warnings every day and Juliet knows the kid and wanted to know what was going on so she could help. Justice doesn't always demand an arrest and compassion is a key component of her character.  So I was okay with that.  But I didn't care for the direction they went with Henry.  That seemed OOC but it's California, so who knows?  :-) It was just nice to see everyone again. 

My daughter actually alerted me to the fact that Psych is now streaming on Amazon Prime, so if you have it, it's free to watch. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Pet peeve: If you don't have a marriage license it doesn't matter if the heavily-tattooed, scary "thug" character is (surprise!) ordained. Your marriage is not legal. The gubmint needs revenue, and it wants your $99, bitches.

I wanted to get caught up in nit-picking this point, myself, but I just couldn't.  I found the impromptu wedding ceremony to be perfect and worrying about the legalities of things really isn't this show. But, you're right, of course, in real life, nothing is this simple.

Although, how many years have they been living together? Has it been long enough for them to be common law married?

52 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Jules played fast and loose with the law? No. I don't care if they used her ignoring the chief's daughter's petit theft to establish Jules's new found, elastic definition of right/wrong. No. It flies in the face of years of established behavior. We got 40 versions of "suck it" and "c'mon son" but surprise(!) Jules is a dirty cop.

Oh, I never thought they were saying Jules was a dirty cop--of course the snitch who she put away even after he held up his end of the bargain doesn't see it quite the same way--just that she didn't always follow the letter of the law as much as the spirit of the law. I think there were plenty of examples of Jules looking the other way throughout the series, but none really illustrate it more than her keeping silent while Shawn worked cases as a psychic once she learned he wasn't.

1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

Was the chief's husband's identity ever a thing (outside the writers' room anyway? Did they have a private joke about him being like Norm's wife on Cheers except they never shared it with the viewers?) I don't remember ever giving him a thought. I still don't care who he is. And his idiot daughter can go live with him.

I don't remember it being a runner on the show either, but I thought it was more them making fun of themselves by pointing out it clearly doesn't matter who the husband is, but the daughter is important.

1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

Henry as a hippy. Again: No. And an even bigger NO than Jules-is-a-criminal-no. What did this add to the story? I wanted Henry in the movie, of course, and hopefully Corbin had fun playing it, but I thought his inclusion -- like this -- was worse than useless. If he'd been priggish Henry at least they would've preserved the character. Who will be Shaun's North Star next time he has a dilemma? Jules is a criminal now, you know.

While it didn't bother me, this was definitely a weak spot of the movie. Not because, without Shawn, Henry became more of a free spirit--that actually makes sense to me--but because they didn't pay it off so the joke didn't really work in the end. But, I forgive because I loved seeing them all back together again regardless.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Although, how many years have they been living together? Has it been long enough for them to be common law married?

Three years. Maybe a bit more than that if you include the time they lived together in Santa Barbara.

35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Three years. Maybe a bit more than that if you include the time they lived together in Santa Barbara.

That's what I meant. It's been three years in San Francisco, but how many years did they live together in Santa Barbara? It would be the total time they have maintained a household together that would count. 

1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

That's what I meant. It's been three years in San Francisco, but how many years did they live together in Santa Barbara? It would be the total time they have maintained a household together that would count. 

Not that long. Less than a year, I think.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

My daughter actually alerted me to the fact that Psych is now streaming on Amazon Prime, so if you have it, it's free to watch. 

Oh my! I forget they stream - everything I've ever looked for on there wasn't available, so I've only used the shipping. This is most excellent news. Thank you!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Oh my! I forget they stream - everything I've ever looked for on there wasn't available, so I've only used the shipping. This is most excellent news. Thank you!

I don't care for Amazon's streaming UI myself, so I usually never even look.  The movie has made me nostalgic though so I might watch some of my favorite episodes. 

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I don't care for Amazon's streaming UI myself, so I usually never even look.  The movie has made me nostalgic though so I might watch some of my favorite episodes. 

I'm not a fan of the UI on the computer, either, but I don't mind the app. I think it's time for some iPad viewing!

• Love 1
On 12/8/2017 at 10:13 AM, Enigma X said:

what happened to Tim

If you want to see an interesting Tim, watch Lucifer in season 2 , May 15,2017.  (He plays someone who believes he is Lucifer's father.) (Season 2, ep. 16 titled "God Johnson")

• Love 1

I just got to see the movie last night. I had no idea that Tim O. had a stroke until reading it here. I had quit watching the show around the time Mary died(loved him, glad he was in the movie). I hope Tim is getting better, man that made me sad to read. As to the movie, it was a lot of fun and made me remember how much I loved this show. My favorite thing was the office made to look like the store from Gremlins. Lol. Oh and "Don't be the comma in Earth, Wind and Fire."

• Love 2

I just finished watching the movie again. Something I didn't catch last time: Toward the beginning, Henry told Shawn (& I think Gus) he was studying something with Angus & Oliver. For those who either didn't know or who aren't as up on their Psych trivia as they used to be, Oliver & Angus are the names of 2 of Corbin Bernsen's 4 sons with his wife, Amanda Pays, who was an actress & now is an interior designer, I think.

Also, regarding the phone scene between Jules & Lassie, actually looking at the scene, finally (I could only listen to it before), makes me continue to think some of what Lassie said to Jules wasn't actually said by Tim Omundson--or, rather, that the dialogue he said was said by him, but it wasn't recorded originally for this. I think Tim said, as brand new, the stuff he said when we could actually see him on Jules' phone, albeit the way he looked (was seated) in the shot was a little off, in my opinion. But, I think the stuff Lassie said that we just heard, while we're watching Jules supposedly looking at him on her phone screen, is dialogue they put together using words Tim/Lassie said in previous scenes & episodes. That part still seems very "synthetic" to me, compared to his speech in the rest of Jules' phone call.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:26 AM, DittyDotDot said:

California does not recognize common law marriage. 

Random thoughts. I loved the movie but not did not like Gus’ new, annoying girlfriend. In a regular season, their relationship would have lead to a mystery for Shawn to solve to save Gus. I do wonder what happened to the dog. I feel like he would have ended up with Henry. I have never been a huge Juliet fan so there was a little too much Juliet for me. I don’t dislike her, she was just never an important character for me. Shawn and Gus have always had the best friendship on TV. They enjoy each other’s company, get the weirdness of the other, embrace th other for who they are and are super loyal. 

• Love 1

I thought the dog went to the Chief?

I completely agree that Shawn and Gus have the best relationship on any TV show I've watched. Dule and James completely clicked from the start and just got better by season.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

For those who either didn't know or who aren't as up on their Psych trivia as they used to be, Oliver & Angus are the names of 2 of Corbin Bernsen's 4 sons with his wife, Amanda Pays, who was an actress & now is an interior designer, I think.

Also, regarding the phone scene between Jules & Lassie, actually looking at the scene, finally (I could only listen to it before), makes me continue to think some of what Lassie said to Jules wasn't actually said by Tim Omundson--or, rather, that the dialogue he said was said by him, but it wasn't recorded originally for this. I think Tim said, as brand new, the stuff he said when we could actually see him on Jules' phone, albeit the way he looked (was seated) in the shot was a little off, in my opinion. But, I think the stuff Lassie said that we just heard, while we're watching Jules supposedly looking at him on her phone screen, is dialogue they put together using words Tim/Lassie said in previous scenes & episodes. That part still seems very "synthetic" to me, compared to his speech in the rest of Jules' phone call.

That’s more of Corbin Bernsen trivia than Psych trivia.

And again I don’t know why people think that wasn’t Tim saying those lines. Franks has said that though Lassie wouldn’t be in most of the movie, we would see him. And some of the lines he said weren’t dialogue he said in previous episodes. I’m binge watching  right now and am up to season seven and at best, Lassie is condescending when giving advice to Juliet; at worst, an arrogant asshole, who is funny. Only rarely did we see his caring for Juliet-after he and Gus saved her from Yin, when he warned Shawn not to hurt Juliet after he learned they were dating and when they broke up.

And yeah, Morrissey the dog went to Chief Vick.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And again I don’t know why people think that wasn’t Tim saying those lines.

I think it's not so much that people don't think he's saying those lines, but just something is off about how it sounds in the final presentation. Personally, I think it's a combination of Tim's stroke and the ADR that makes it sound like it's not quite natural somehow.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think it's not so much that people don't think he's saying those lines, but just something is off about how it sounds in the final presentation. Personally, I think it's a combination of Tim's stroke and the ADR that makes it sound like it's not quite natural somehow.

That’s what I figured-that he didn’t sound quite like Lassie due to his stroke. But I never thought it wasn’t him, or that dialogue from previous episodes were spliced and replaced as him talking.

I suppose technically, I should have posted this in the Media thread, but because it's related to the movie and future movies (HOPE!), I'm putting it here. And I'm soooo sorry I forgot to give you guys a heads up; But #PsychtheMovie asked fans to ask James Roday questions and he would answer them and I was so excited that I asked him if he got the green light for more movies and how many we would get! As if it's a given! He started answering today! Apparently he'll be answering a question a day!

So sorry @ElectricBoogaloo and @17wheatthins that I forgot to let you know. I think you guys have Twitter, right? My bad!

giphy.gif

I know I deserve this: giphy.gif

• Love 1