Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Havoc in the Hidden Land

Great eulogy Max, make it all about yourself...

he's human, they should just exile him to earth. Although i was kind of hoping he’d go through teragenesis again and come out as a frog.

this was actually not a terrible ep. :)  the guy who plays black bolt is very good.

• Love 1

Wait, so Black Bolt actually knew all along that Max was planning a rebellion and he hid it from everyone else, because he has some kind of grand plan?  Fuck off, Inhumans!  I don't know why, but this entire revelation just pisses me off for some reason.  I guess it's because it feels rushed and unearned.  Which I guess it really a perfect description of this show in general.

Meanwhile, Gorgon's "death" somehow made Medusa be all "Wait, maybe we were wrong and shouldn't be all killy-nilly about Max!"  Again, there was no real development towards this about face, and it feels unearned.

Silly me: I thought Crystal was sad because of Gorgon's death, but no, it was about leaving dude bro back in Hawaii.  Great hero right there.

So, Max's grand plan was to have Declan turn him into the Inhuman of his own choice?  Or was he going to combine all of his powers?  Whatever, it seems to have been stopped, but now he's gotten some fail safe device, that prevents Black Bolt from killing him.  Whatever.

I seriously couldn't stop laughing over Karak and Auron bonding, since he only just snapped her FREAKING NECK a few hours ago.  Sure, she was revived, but that is a huge thing for her to just be al "Eh, no biggie!" about.

Triton returns and actually gets shit done.  Go figure.

At least Gorgon isn't dead, but just come kind of zombie.  Sigh... this is why you don't revive the dead, folks!

Next week is the "season" finale.  I'm going to be out of town and will likely miss the live airing.  Normally, I'd be kind of bummed out, but in this case?  Not really.

• Love 13

Hey, Charlie Kelly finally got to put on his Green Man bodysuit and be on television! Good for him.

I'm thinking this will be a distant memory by the time Phil Coulson makes another bad decision on AoS. At least we have Lockjaw. Seriously, how many Alpha Primitives does it take to rub that belly? At least the royal family has an excuse for their behavior: "We're not 'Humans.' We're 'Inhumans'! We have to act like dicks! Right, Black Bolt?" "[twenty seconds of frantic improvised signing]" "So true. Sooo true."

I'm hoping Gorgon isn't a permanent zombie. We might need to work him and Karnak into AoS. Not like they merit a buddy-Inhuman spinoff, but they should visit SHIELD. Great idea . . . until Karnak takes a really good look at the operation, then falls into a coma from all of the agency's flaws.

• Love 2

it's like the writers realised half way thru ep. 7 that they only had one more episode to wrap this story up.out of the blue half the lead characters outlook and personalities change to tie up loose ends.this show could have been so good

• Love 4
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I seriously couldn't stop laughing over Karak and Auron bonding, since he only just snapped her FREAKING NECK a few hours ago.  Sure, she was revived, but that is a huge thing for her to just be al "Eh, no biggie!" about.

The next time Karnak snapped Auron's FREAKING NECK it might be her last. I can see why see why she was playing it cool.

More interesting is Karnak disobeying Black Bolt's order not to revive Gorgon. Maybe he can use the excuse that "you are not my king".

Medusa seems to have one set of rules for high level inhumans and another set for low level inhumans and humans.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Silly me: I thought Crystal was sad because of Gorgon's death, but no, it was about leaving dude bro back in Hawaii.  Great hero right there.

This. Plus everything else in your post. It's hard to believe in the high stakes they're trying to set up--literal life or death! the survival of a civilization! the rightful ruler of a kingdom! --when the main characters keep trivializing their primary concerns to getting their mack on a dudebro, getting their mack on a drug dealer, having a fight about how to improve their marriage (a few feet away from their cousin's corpse), and shoplifting or breaking and entering for spiffy new outfits.

At least Karnak's not pining after pot-growing chick. She probably wandered offscreen to die of sepsis after patching up her bullet wound with her little sewing kit.

I missed what happened with Lava-hands and Flora.   

5 hours ago, janeta said:

this was actually not a terrible ep. :)  the guy who plays black bolt is very good.

Plus lots of Lockjaw! And the cool re-introduction of Triton (as opposed to the glimpse we had of him at the premiere, where the blonde girl seemed she would have been better off without his intervention.) So basically if Black Bolt had died, Triton would still be swimming laps off the coast of Oahu?

And by the way, Maximus. You might want to make public the fact that your death would trigger the destruction of the dome before attempts are made on your life. Everyone was sure lucky you weren't taken out by a sniper.

2 hours ago, DNOMAD said:

it's like the writers realised half way thru ep. 7 that they only had one more episode to wrap this story up.out of the blue half the lead characters outlook and personalities change to tie up loose ends.this show could have been so good

We finally got Auron's motivation and it's something along the lines of "it's so cute how much you can accomplish as a human"? That's what it takes for her to rebel against Black Bolt and be among the first to switch her allegiance to Maximus? It seems the more powerful the female Inhumans are, the dumber they're written to be.

Edited by Kaiju Ballet
Indignation messes up my typing.
  • Love 1

In spite of all the plot holes, I still like this show better than The Gifted, and I'm going to miss it when it's canceled. If Gifted had a gigantic, teleporting bulldog in Hawaii maybe I wouldn't find it such a snooze. Here's hoping they can work Lockjaw into AoS somehow.

Man o man is crystal just blegh... And her older sister while making sime solid points about her own worth still managed to come off sounding silly.. I still wanna see some if these characters pop up in AOS.. I actually like auran.. She could become better and I love karnak and Gorgon... Plus interactions between pure inhumans And the earth born inhumans could be interesting 

6 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

And by the way, Maximus. You might want to make public the fact that your death would trigger the destruction of the dome before attempts are made on your life. Everyone was sure lucky you weren't taken out by a sniper.

Obviously they never watched Dr Strangelove

• Love 1

I enjoy this show so much more when I treat it like a comedy...

I laughed when Medusa said, "This family has been marked by so much loss. I can feel this tearing us apart." What loss? You lost your power, your dress and your hair. I find it hard to believe that she considers Karnak, Gorgon and Triton beloved members of her family. Yes, "cousin" Gorgon lost his life, but only because Medusa sent him and Karnak off to fight a squad of Inhumans with powers, while she and Black Bolt went on the much safer mission of finding Crystal.

I also laughed when Medusa insisted that none of the rebels be killed and kept telling Black Bolt that they shouldn't kill anyone. Of course not, why kill them when you can just send them to the mines to work themselves to death. That's so much more humane.

I also laughed at the reveal of the secret Royal Bunker. Black Bolt knew about it but didn't tell his wife, Medusa. Why didn't the entire royal family know about it? If only the king knew, then why did he tell Triton but not Medusa?  Why wouldn't Maximus know about the Royal Bunker? Also, how old is this bunker, and wouldn't whoever built it and/or stockpiled it with supplies know about it?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I don't even know how to convey the sheer ridiculous stupidity and nonsense of this show anymore.

???

Angry words. Disappointed words. Words expressing rueful mirth.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

At this point, I'm fairly certain someone is using this entire production to launder money. There is just no way that this is a sincerely produced effort by Marvel, ABC, and Disney. Either that or they are using this show to write down debt or losses from some other part of the MCU.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9

Well, I agreed with Medusa on something - this got really confusing really fast.  Black Bolt has some sort of secret plan, there's a sudden secret bunker, second terragenesis-es are a thing but not done because they cause zombies, nothing in this episode felt built up.  Of course, Medusa was later pissed at her husband because his secret plan lead to the death of Gorgon and Max Cutting Her Hair!  I suppose for her losing her magic hair is like having a limb cut off, but as far as we know it's going to grow back, and it's really hard to take a buzzcut as seriously as the death of a family member.

I stand by what I said on the last episode - the entirety of the earth stuff was pointless.  The only character who's been carried over is the doctor, everyone else they met on Earth is just abandoned.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a show with such awful pacing - drag out and pad the Earth stuff, then shove a ton of info and plot into the penultimate hour.

At this point, I'm fairly certain someone is using this entire production to launder money. There is just no way that this is a sincerely produced effort by Marvel, ABC, and Disney. Either that or they are using this show to write down debt or losses from some other part of the MCU.

Agreed, this has to be the result of some sort of "The Producers" set-up.  From what I've read, it's definitely a case of the movie being someone's pet project then when he got kicked off the movies it became a pet tv project that nobody else wanted to do.  

I feel so bad for the actors - except maybe Crystal's because her acting hasn't been that good, but Maximus', Karnak's, Gorgon's, Black Bolt's and even Medusa's actors have all been trying and seem to be pretty good actors but the scripts and the plotting and the worldbuilding and set up of character motivations have been awful.

The only way I can see this ending well is if Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and Maximus all get hit by the terrigen crystals again and turn into Lockjaw mini-mes.  Auran and Karnak can take take charge of setting up a democracy.  Oh, and Gorgon quickly gets revived back to normal and not a brainless zombie.

• Love 4
On 03/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Well, she is a Princess. Also notice that she changed right back into her leather pants as soon as she got home. Medusa is still wearing the clothes she stole, Karnak hasn't bothered to get changed yet and Auron is wearing the outfit she DIED in twice. But Crystal is not going to wear the same outfit for two days in a row, no way! Gag me with like... a spoon.

• Love 3

Agents of GEEK Podcast Episode 93
11/04/2017   Craig Wack & Tatiana Torres
http://agentsofgeekpodcast.com/wordpress/ 

-- Marvel's Inhumans: While Tatiana "maybe" didn't hate the previous two episodes, this week she was, like, "no, I hate it... I literally hate everything that happened in this episode." Now she's just "biding time" until Agents of SHIELD returns. Craig said that "in a lot of ways, everything that came before was literally wiped out in this episode." All that time spent in Hawaii was just gone. Tatiana wanted to throw things at the screen a lot of times. She noted that Crystal was sad because she missed her new boyfriend of a day and a half, and not because her cousin just died or because of the situation with Maximus. They both noted a lot of continuity errors in the series and thought that maybe the show just didn't bother hiring a continuity editor. Tatiana: "It's so dumb. Everything about this show is just dumb."

• Love 2

So, Black Bolt knew Max was planning a revolt and instead of having him arrested because he's, you know, the KING, he just let it go forward getting his own people and innocent humans killed. Was he just bored with living his lavish lifestyle while the less fortunate were forced to slave in the mines and wanted a little excitement?

Everyone on this show sucks so much. I want Daisy to lead a rebellion and "exile" the entire ruling family. Queen Daisy 2018. She can keep Lockjaw. He'd probably be happier having someone more intelligent to drool on.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Lokiberry said:

So, Black Bolt knew Max was planning a revolt and instead of having him arrested because he's, you know, the KING, he just let it go forward getting his own people and innocent humans killed. Was he just bored with living his lavish lifestyle while the less fortunate were forced to slave in the mines and wanted a little excitement?

It's true.  It gets harder and harder to look the other way on some of the writing choices this show makes.  It really needs to be thought out better.

I'm tired of seeing Medusa sporting that crew cut, too.  It just screams "We cut her hair to save money on effects" every time she's on the screen.  I think I'd prefer they left it long and just not ever have her use her power.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2017 at 0:08 PM, athelyna said:

The only way I can see this ending well is if Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and Maximus all get hit by the terrigen crystals again and turn into Lockjaw mini-mes.  Auran and Karnak can take take charge of setting up a democracy.  Oh, and Gorgon quickly gets revived back to normal and not a brainless zombie.

Nothing I've seen of Karnak suggests he would want to set up a democracy or that he would be a good leader of any kind. He seems perfectly in line with the status quo. His statement that he wanted to put Morris down immediately after terrogenisis says all I need to know about him.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

Nothing I've seen of Karnak suggests he would want to set up a democracy or that he would be a good leader of any kind.

His views about humans and any Inhumans not on his side seem to have reverted back to what they were originally, once he got his powers back.  I doubt he even remembers his dalliance with the pot-lady.

• Love 2

After 7 episodes Maximus has killed the entire genetic counsel, attempted to murder various family members , taken advantage of a new inhuman.  So how are the inhumans in a better situation under his rule?  Although he constantly says the cast system is unfair he continues to use it.  This is the problem with monarchies, they never favor the common man and refuse to acknowledge each person has ambitions.  Medusa got upset that she was not included in all of Black Bolt’s plans.  But I think that is the problem, Medusa has been a Queen for years and just now had an epiphany that she should actually take the position seriously.  Even though her actions on earth show she does not appreciate anyone not in the royal family.  She asks for mercy for a tyrant, why? The same guy who avoided working in the minds even though every other citizen had to follow those rules.  And now he whines about not being treated with respect.  It is funny how NO one besides Declan believes Maximus.

• Love 1

Watching the scene where Maximus delivered his bloviated, self-centered eulogy for Gorgon to the entire twenty-odd members of the Inhumans assemblage, I couldn't help but think that this was probably the most heinous offense of this half-hearted attempt of a show; there were at most two or three that bore any signs of anything other than looking like a human in drab, ill-cut clothing. 

This show needed at the very least to have a cast of extras that were made up to look like the crowd in Caritas from Angel, or even the Alien Bar from Supergirl.  I mean, yes, a script that actually makes sense as opposed to what seems like scribblings the showrunners put together after a late night at the pub just before the day's shooting would be great, but failing that, at least give me some creatures in crazy makeup and wearing clothing that looks like it was made by a futuristic lunar culture and not scrounged out of the trash bins from the set of "The Bible." If you can't even be bothered to do that, then why try and make a show called "Inhumans" in the first place?

Also, the story was complete nonsense as usual. I feel so embarassed for most of the cast and crew on this show.

6 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I feel so embarassed for most of the cast and crew on this show.

Crew, yes -- they've done a decent job (other than set designer..)  The cast have not shown any great acting chops though.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Crew, yes -- they've done a decent job (other than set designer..)  The cast have not shown any great acting chops though.

Oh yes- not in this mess, for sure. I was kind of basing it on other work they've done that I liked (at least as far as Anson Mount, Ken Leung, and Henry Ian Cusick are concerned.)

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 1

Maximus is somehow funding scientist from the moon.  What's crazier, that, or somehow Black Bolt knew the entire time?  And did nothing?

With so much sheer stupidity in the show, I'm sorry, I can't help but still like it.

If this show gave me anything, at least it gave me Lockjaw. 

And Max is till Dr. Evil to me.

Edited by CyberJawa1986