Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: A Case Of The Vickis

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Good point.

Another good point is that Vicki knows the symptoms, and can exaggerate them for sympathy.  Not buying it.  And if this hag does have a real episode?  Well, she should have the best insurance and she should improve her health.   I’m just not sympathetic to her in any way shape or form.  Even her daughter admits she’s a malingerer.  

She should retire if the old ticker is failing. Don’t let the door hit her on her ever spreading ass on the way out.  

Fuck Vicki.  

• Love 12
9 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

I think her name may be "Victorious".    That is what Donn said in Turks and Caicos when they renewed there vows.  I hate that I know/remember this.    But I just checked the Google machines and it has Victoria.   I want her name to be "Victorious". 

Ha! Lol! Yes, Vicky tried to pretend her name was Victory briefly for a bit and Donn called her Victory. There was a dramatic scripted 1-hour show  that lasted on NBC for one season between 2007-2008 called "Lipstick Jungle" and featured 3 career women in NYC in their 30's (? I think). It starred Brooke Shields, Kim Raver, and Lindsey Price as a character named Victory. She was beautiful and I, myself, thought it was a clever name given to her by her parents at the time. The actress was gorgeous, the character was smart, successful, driven and adorably sexy in all her competence in life. 

It was after this Lipstick Jungle show  aired that Donn started to call our Vicky, Victory, and smile about it and it seemed to *me* that they both wanted to pretend that was always her name-- you know Vicky never let's the truth get in the way of a good story (lol!). I remember Donn referring to her as Victory and Vicky would say it too (I think around the time of the vow renewal). They tried to act like that was her name, but it is not. That charade didn't last long, thank good goodness. 

• Love 10
On 10/27/2017 at 1:15 PM, lunastartron said:

The reaction of the other women to Peggy was more perplexing to me than anything else in that clip. 

Shannon: "Why is Peggy in there?" Umm, as opposed to you, who declared shiva on Vicki and swore, "I will NEVER speak to you again"? 

And Kelly can snap her fingers at and instruct Peggy on her demeanor/disposition but it's some sort of infuriating transgression for Peggy to utter "shhh"? Kelly is just an asshole. 

From what I recall Tamra and Kelly alike certainly voiced their disapproval of Meghan's measured response to the ATV crash so their respective befuddlement ("why is Peggy so upset?!") and cavalier let's-go-eat attitude are pretty hypocritical. 

I really hate defending Kelly, but I seem to remember in an earlier episode Kelly getting pretty agitated by Peggy snapping her fingers at her -- I don't remember which episode it was or the circumstances, but I remember Kelly saying "don't snap your fingers at me.  I'm not a dog."  I think that was why Kelly snapped her fingers at Peggy when they were all in Vicki's room and the first responders came.  Plus, Peggy was making it her job to stop Kelly from talking -- SUPER annoying -- and I agreed with Kelly when she told Peggy, "stop telling me what to do.  I'm not your child".

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 15
50 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I really hate defending Kelly, but I seem to remember in an earlier episode Kelly getting pretty agitated by Peggy snapping her fingers at her -- I don't remember which episode it was or the circumstances, but I remember Kelly saying "don't snap your fingers at me.  I'm not a dog."  I think that was why Kelly snapped her fingers at Peggy when they were all in Vicki's room and the first responders came.  Plus, Peggy was making it her job to stop Kelly from talking -- SUPER annoying -- and I agreed with Kelly when she told Peggy, "stop telling me what to do.  I'm not your child".

Peggy has done this to all the woman except Vicki. It is an annoying habit that would get her slapped (pinching a strangers lip closed) or snapped at in real life. Does Peggy really think no one should talk on a Reality TV Show? LOL

• Love 17
15 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

totally agree.  he seems to love the most vile, hateful, trashy mouths hws.  i thought kelly would be gone but he thinks she's great.  the same with the on bh's, her name escapes me she is so vile.

Think Nene Leakes.

1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

But for the grace of god she would be dusting Precious Moments figurines in the Chicago suburbs right now.  

You have a...creative view of the Chicago suburbs.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

We can twist it any way but to say that Vicki is the OG because she was hired first is incorrect, Jenna was hired first. Jenna was SD's neighbor and knew him and he hired her as the first HW.

According to Jeana. In 2016, she appeared on an episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now and made this claim. All links that quote her -- not him, her -- as being the OG, are from 2016. Here's 1 but there are more, should you have a burning desire to mine the Web:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/original-housewife-series-start_us_57b49dbbe4b04ff88399f595

However, in earlier interviews, Scott D doesn't make this claim. I posted 1 from 2006 upthread. Here's another from 2014:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/feb/16/real-housewives-interview-scott-dunlop

Dunlop first came up with the idea 10 years ago, when he was bored at a dinner party. He was living in Coto de Caza, an affluent, suburban gated community 65 miles south of Los Angeles and it struck him, sitting at this dinner party talking about the unreliability of domestic staff and the necessity of finding the right Ivy League college for one's children, that his neighbours only ever spoke about how wonderful everything was. He wanted to do an observational documentary that "held a mirror up" to their lives, that didn't satirise them exactly but that would be "tongue-in-cheek".

Dunlop put together a "sizzle tape" featuring his own neighbours (including a woman called Vicki Gunvalson who worked as an insurance agent and who is still in the series which has gone on to track the ups and downs of her divorce, her plastic surgery, her daughter's cancer scare and her son-in-law's tour of duty in Afghanistan).

The latter link is rather interesting and discusses (and includes comments by) other casts.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Kelly/Tamra knew anything beyond what Peggy told them and that was Ditko told her to go to the hospital. Her explanation came off as that she called him so that he could tell her what to do, not that she called him to support her decision to go and that is why Tamra/Kelly reacted like they did. Kelly has an education (she graduated college) and became a SaH when she had Jolie, Tamra was a SaH when she married Simon but started the gym (with Eddie) after they got together. Peggy is a SaH and has been for a long time. Neither Tamra or Peggy have a college education (degree). 

As for Peggy/Ditko's relationship.......it seems they were divorced a year after they married. No one knows if they have lived together since then or are just faking married/living together now for the show but there is no record of them remarrying. So, I am not so sure their relationship really is as we see. 

I thought Peggy specifically said she completed her degree over Diko's exhortations to leave mid-course of study and become a homemaker immediately upon marriage. In any case, I think there isn't necessarily that substantive of a difference between college education vs college degree; Tamra has neither. 

And if Peggy is pantomiming a longtime union in the interests of participating in the show, she's a phenomenal actress because I don't think she's mentally quick enough to do that. I also imagine Pol Atteu and/or some other aggrieved party would have disseminated rumblings about the falsity of the marriage had they in fact not spent the last two decades as partners. 

I assume the divorce is attributable to legal/financial machinations. Their level of comfort and playfulness with each other is one of the aspects that makes the Sulahians palatable to me.

It's a refreshing change of tenor from Shannon tearily woe-is-meing for the fifth year straight about her haplessness; Kelly screaming about how terrible her life is with Michael; etc ad nauseum. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I thought Peggy specifically said she completed her degree over Diko's exhortations to leave mid-course of study and become a homemaker immediately upon marriage. In any case, I think there is a substantive difference between college education vs college degree; Tamra has neither. 

And if Peggy is pantomiming a longtime union in the interests of participating in the show, she's a phenomenal actress because I don't think she's mentally quick enough to do that. I also imagine Pol Atteu and/or some other aggrieved party would have disseminated rumblings about the falsity of the marriage had they in fact not spent the last two decades as partner. 

I assume the divorce is attributable to legal/financial machinations. Their level of comfort and playfulness with each other is one of the aspects that makes the Sulahians palatable to me.

It's a refreshing change of tenor from Shannon tearily woe-is-meing for the fifth year straight about her haplessness; Kelly screaming about how terrible her life is with Michael; etc ad nauseum. 

I agree that it might have possible they divorced for financial reasons had it been when that lawsuit was filed, 2000, but they filed for divorce in 1996, less than a year after they married and the divorce was finalized by December of 1996 . Unless 1 of them is that bad with money, I can't understand why they divorced but then continued to live together and had 3 kids. I don't call that normal especially when Peggy keeps trying to sell us this idea that they are a traditional married couple/family. Is it an Armenian thing to get a divorce right after saying "I Do" then live together/have kids? LOL

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

and I agreed with Kelly when she told Peggy, "stop telling me what to do.  I'm not your child".

Me, too.

I am fast becoming a Kelly -- what? -- not exactly a fan, but happy to fan her flames. I love her full frontal approach with Lydia and Peg.  They open their mealy mouths and she immediately turns into a fast-talking 1930s gun moll, knocking back drinks and telling them off in a very "You housewife coppers ain't going send ME up the river, see?" rat-a-tat way. Give her a Jean Harlow bias cut gown and a shiv, and I might fall in...well, not love, but like. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I agree that it might have possible they divorced for financial reasons had it been when that lawsuit was filed, 2000, but they filed for divorce in 1996, less than a year after they married and the divorce was finalized by December of 1996 . Unless 1 of them is that bad with money, I can't understand why they divorced but then continued to live together and had 3 kids. I don't call that normal especially when Peggy keeps trying to sell us this idea that they are a traditional married couple/family. Is it an Armenian thing to get a divorce right after saying "I Do" then live together/have kids? LOL

The accident happened in the 1990's . The original lawsuit returned a negative verdict in the 1990's. The  attorney filed / appeals court / and won a retrial due to jury misconduct. The second trial was settled in 2000.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Another good point is that Vicki knows the symptoms, and can exaggerate them for sympathy.  Not buying it.  And if this hag does have a real episode?  Well, she should have the best insurance and she should improve her health.   I’m just not sympathetic to her in any way shape or form.  Even her daughter admits she’s a malingerer.  

She should retire if the old ticker is failing. Don’t let the door hit her on her ever spreading ass on the way out.  

Fuck Vicki.  

Oh, my.

• Love 5
On 10/31/2017 at 11:38 AM, Mu Shu said:

I love fake Donn.

Vicki is a lying sack of shit.  She probably drank on the plane which is very dehydrating, probably had jet leg, wasn’t sleeping properly, and “whooped it up” adding to the dehydration.  Plus, she is an out of shape crone.  Threw a clot my ass.  You don’t mix blood thinners and alcohol.  

Bitch was hungover.   And when she met Tamra in the hallway tha next morning, she looked like Courtney Love after a 2 week smack binge which included getting hit in the face with a sock full of nickels a few times.

Speaking of looks, Tamra looks hot in a mud mask, and the Dudd is surprisingly pretty with no make up.  Those two and Megan  looked great in the fur hats.  Vicki looked like a disheveled, red faced ostrich, Lydia looked like a furry rat, and Shannon should stick to something else.

Did Peggy say her father was a marigold?  I loved seeing her get the Dudd’s drunken wrath.   The thought of dorky Dicko calling Mr Clean to reprimand his wife was pretty funny I must say.

This guy Steve has not two shits to give about Vicki.  

I don’t think Tamra wants to “whoop it up” with Vicki anymore.  One, she’s fairly sober now, so two, she sees how embarrassing it is to party with the tragically unhip crone.   I do wonder if Shannon busts out the “23 skidoo “ as her partying cry.   She’s even less hip than Vicki, which is hard to do.  

Man, the Vickster DID look like the Wicked Witch of the West's older, uglier sister, didn't she?  I had the same thought a couple of times during this episode, but not as succinctly as you put it -- every time this gem pops into my head, I laugh and have a hard time stopping.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

The accident happened in the 1990's . The original lawsuit returned a negative verdict in the 1990's. The  attorney filed / appeals court / and won a retrial due to jury misconduct. The second trial was settled in 2000.

So the accident happened before they got married, so why married if you are trying to hide/save some of your personal cash? And when it is finally over, why not remarry? They never remarried! Something doesn't add up. LOL

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So the accident happened before they got married, so why married if you are trying to hide/save some of your personal cash? And when it is finally over, why not remarry? They never remarried! Something doesn't add up. LOL

From what I have been told....

They married after the case was won. 

Divorced when they found out the attorney filed with the court of appeals for a retrial.  Jury misconduct was found out that same year.

(the accident happened in very early 1990's)

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Because you can potentially insulate 50 percent of community property by allowing your wife to take it in the divorce? 

I have no idea if that was a motivating factor in their decision but, in terms of Joe Giudice fabricating employment histories for his wife to procure a business loan in her name and Jim Bellino transferring ownership of houses to shell companies, such a protective measure against liability doesn't really strike me as extraordinary in the context of the franchise. 

As for the apparent lack of remarriage, that isn't necessarily that odd to me either. Plenty of people manage to evade the Catholic prohibition against divorce if they wed their first spouse in a courthouse but never had a religious ceremony. It wouldn't surprise me if lots of couple valued the spiritual/emotional commitment of marriage and disregarded the formal legal aspect of circumstances so dictated. 

ETA: I'm pretty sure Original Recipe Peggy (Tanous) has or had something similar going on with her husband Micah. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
On 11/1/2017 at 10:40 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

If you read the articles, they specifically talk about his liability insurance refusing to settle and forcing it to go to court, dragging it out over 10 years, and ballooning the settlement from $500k to $12M and how the plaintiff was going after the insurance company and not Diko.  I only corrected the assertion that someone died because things like that get posted on the forums and grow legs.  I am not an expert in Diko's lawsuit, nor do I play one on TV.  I just took the time to read 2 articles.

I'm not saying they aren't scumbags, but I think maybe it is understandable in these circumstances.  The plaintiffs and Diko wanted to settle for $500k.  His insurance refused to settle, making it a lot more costly.  

Diko wanted to settle for $500k?  Chump change to this supposed big-timer.  So why didn't he just pay them off?  I don't buy that the business was a start-up at the time and they didn't have the money.  I'd be willing to bet they lived in a fabulously expensive home and drove the highest-end cars at the time.

It would have been much simpler to leave the insurance company out of it.  But no - he obviously wanted the money to come out of the insurance company's pocket to pay for the mistake his company made.

He horribly miscalculated how wrong shit can go for people when including the insurance/legal system in the fray.  I mean, he preferred shenanigans that included a sham divorce to paying off the people who were injured.

Yeah, such good and moral people.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

From what I have been told....

They married after the case was won. 

Divorced when they found out the attorney filed with the court of appeals for a retrial.  Jury misconduct was found out that same year.

(the accident happened in very early 1990's)

They married in 1995 (April), filed for divorce in March 1996, the divorce was finalized/granted December 1996 and they never remarried even though they call each other "husband/wife". For someone that touts her Armenian heritage/lifestyle, this would be very unusual IMO. Why play that game, they had to have known this would come out, so why not just say they "live together". LOL

12 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Because you can potentially insulate 50 percent of community property by allowing your wife to take it in the divorce? 

I have no idea if that was a motivating factor in their decision but, in terms of Joe Giudice fabricating employment histories for his wife to procure a business loan in her name and Jim Bellino transferring ownership of houses to shell companies, such a protective measure against liability doesn't really strike me as extraordinary in the context of the franchise. 

As for the apparent lack of remarriage, that isn't necessarily that odd to me either. Plenty of people manage to evade the Catholic prohibition against divorce if they wed their first spouse in a courthouse but never had a religious ceremony. It wouldn't surprise me if lots of couple valued the spiritual/emotional commitment of marriage and disregarded the formal legal aspect of circumstances so dictated. 

ETA: I'm pretty sure Original Recipe Peggy (Tanous) has or had something similar going on with her husband Micah. 

If they have no problems with their choices, then why not just say they "live together but are not legally married"? Why the cloak and dagger act? LOL She needs to keep her mouth closed about anyone else's marriage, including Kelly's crazy one (soon to be over) because she isn't married.

Oh, and hiding money/assets from someone seriously hurt to your (your employees) negligence isn't that far off from the scammers Guidice's IMO. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They married in 1995 (April), filed for divorce in March 1996, the divorce was finalized/granted December 1996 and they never remarried even though they call each other "husband/wife". For someone that touts her Armenian heritage/lifestyle, this would be very unusual IMO. Why play that game, they had to have known this would come out, so why not just say they "live together". LOL

If they have no problems with their choices, then why not just say they "live together but are not legally married"? Why the cloak and dagger act? LOL She needs to keep her mouth closed about anyone else's marriage, including Kelly's crazy one (soon to be over) because she isn't married.

Oh, and hiding money/assets from someone seriously hurt to your (your employees) negligence isn't that far off from the scammers Guidice's IMO. 

In California, if you're married, the house is community property...no matter who does or does not have their name on the deed. 

A  judgment will not attach to the real estate unless it is docketed in the name of the property owner.  Divorced- no longer community property.

There is a catch - ownership can be a simple matter of possession BUT (from what I was told ) someone was thinking ahead bought a teeny tiny apartment in Little Armenia/ Koreatown ,  the deed is in his name,  furnished it with crappy furniture,  divorced husbands new residence, etc.  ....you get the picture

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

In California, if you're married, the house is community property...no matter who does or does not have their name on the deed. 

It is still hiding assets. The house is half his and there are legal ways to protect her half. Again, hiding assets from a lawsuit where someone was injured due to your (your employees) negligence is illegal and is stealing/scamming equal to, if not worse than, Joe/Teresa Guidice's level. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It is still hiding assets. The house is half his and there are legal ways to protect her half. Again, hiding assets from a lawsuit where someone was injured due to your (your employees) negligence is illegal and is stealing/scamming equal to, if not worse than, Joe/Teresa Guidice's level. 

What was it the twin from  RHONJ said  "Clink Clink. Karma'"  ? 

• Love 4
On 11/1/2017 at 5:42 PM, bravofan27 said:

I think Kelly didn't go to the hospital because she knew she would be right back out. Her point before, was that Vicki was really injured, in a verified disaster that all had seen. Therefore, someone should have visited her because she could have been really messed up. This time, there wasn't anything wrong with her. Only Peggy thought there was something wrong, and wanted everyone to shut up so she could demand the doctor make her better. Kelly did go off on her though really hard core. Does anyone know what made Tamra laugh so hard? 

Tamra was laughing at Peggy -- the notion that Peggy was threatening Tamra with having her husband call Tamra's husband.  I mean, who wouldn't laugh her ass out of the room with that one?

Apparently she laughed Peggy into the next evening, because she was too embarrassed to come out of her room after that.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5

The flashback footage from the late-night bender was so choppily edited; the clip of Tamra falling to the floor shrieking "it's so funny" actually struck me as more consistent with the earlier scrap of Meghan pointing out that Tams had urinated on herself. 

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This strikes me as semantics. In certain municipalities, Diko and Peggy's cohabitation would be considered a common law marriage. In terms of their relationship and dynamic, I've seen nothing to suggest that they haven't been in a continuous partnership for two decades. The term "marriage" applies to  religious/emotional pledges as well as legal ones. 

2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Diko wanted to settle for $500k?  Chump change to this supposed big-timer.  So why didn't he just pay them off?  I don't buy that the business was a start-up at the time and they didn't have the money.  I'd be willing to bet they lived in a fabulously expensive home and drove the highest-end cars at the time.

It would have been much simpler to leave the insurance company out of it.  But no - he obviously wanted the money to come out of the insurance company's pocket to pay for the mistake his company made.

He horribly miscalculated how wrong shit can go for people when including the insurance/legal system in the fray.  I mean, he preferred shenanigans that included a sham divorce to paying off the people who were injured.

I don't mean this to sound rude or antagonistic due to the limitations of conveying tone in writing but ... the point of insurance is to, well, insure against accidents/honest mistakes and unanticipated costs associated with them. So, yes, of course he would expect the insurance for which he paid to cover what it's supposed to. Is that unreasonable? 

Medical providers also carry malpractice insurance for potential mistakes. 

And the plaintiffs in the case specifically pursued the insurance providers vs Diko individually because, I assume, among other reasons, the insurance company has greater value and liquidity on the whole - meaning their settlements would be larger. 

Peggy would have been - what, 19 or 20 at the time the accident occurred. So Diko would not have been much older. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Simple.  Because then every one of their relatives and all the people back in Armenia who don't know about the lawsuit and all the ensuing B.S. would KNOW without question that all three of Dickwad and Peggy's children were born out of wedlock, and that they've been living in sin all these years.

1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

The flashback footage from the late-night bender was so choppily edited; the clip of Tamra falling to the floor shrieking "it's so funny" actually struck me as more consistent with the earlier scrap of Meghan pointing out that Tams had urinated on herself. 

This strikes me as semantics. In certain municipalities, Diko and Peggy's cohabitation would be considered a common law marriage. In terms of their relationship and dynamic, I've seen nothing to suggest that they haven't been in a continuous partnership for two decades. The term "marriage" applies to  religious/emotional pledges as well as legal ones. 

I don't mean this to sound rude or antagonistic due to the limitations of conveying tone in writing but ... the point of insurance is to, well, insure against accidents/honest mistakes and unanticipated costs associated with them. So, yes, of course he would expect the insurance for which he paid to cover what it's supposed to. Is that unreasonable? 

And the plaintiffs in the case specifically pursued the insurance providers vs Diko individually because, I assume, among other reasons, the insurance company has greater value and liquidity on the whole - meaning their settlements would be larger. 

Peggy would have been - what, 19 or 20 at the time the accident occurred. So Diko would not have been much older. 

I agree, there's no foul in pursuing insurance remedies.  However, nobody just directly sues an insurance company.  I mean, outside of a traffic collision where the parties are required to exchange information, an injured party would have no idea if an insurance company even carries a policy covering an injury/damages incident without first tendering a demand to the responsible party(ies). 

So if Dickwad had a chance to settle for such a (relatively) small amount and didn't?  Not smart.  

Perhaps he wasn't protecting their 20-something selves so much as their investors cough**family**cough, who had much deeper pockets.  They ended up rolling the dice with their insurance company for whatever reason, and $12 mil most likely greatly exceeded policy limits in that case. 

Thus the necessity of the sham divorce -- because I do believe Dickwad and Peggy were living the highest life possible for their means and owned a few major high-value items of property,  hocked to the hilt though they might have been.

And BTW, there is no such thing in these United States as a legally recognized common law marriage.  Perhaps in the '40s or maybe even '50s, but no longer.  The law considers them legal strangers.  Boyfriend and girlfriend -- nothing more. 

Which is why a marriage license is much more than "just a piece of paper" when there are children.  If Dickwad or Peggy died unexpectedly, the survivor (a legal stranger and ineligible to inherit anything from the deceased without a Will or trust) would have to hire an attorney to go to court and prove DNA matches of all three children to the deceased in order for them to inherit.  Quite the headache when "just a piece of paper" makes all that unnecessary.

Which is why I would bet money that, under the circumstances, the Sulahians have ironclad Trusts in place.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

To nobody's surprise, Vicki is released from death's door (the hospital) within a few hours.  Steve's warm and tender sentiments afterward - dragging her off the plane with a rope?  We either missed something key in that conversation, or there isn't even a hint of romance going on there -- not that anyone was ever fooled into thinking that.

The conversation as shown made perfect sense.  Vicki, being a drama queen, told Steve that one of her worries was how would they get her body back to the US should she die.  Steve, used to her BS, said it wouldn't be a problem, they'd just tie a rope to her corpse and drag it behind the plane.  

3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

31 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Simple.  Because then every one of their relatives and all the people back in Armenia who don't know about the lawsuit and all the ensuing B.S. would KNOW without question that all three of Dickwad and Peggy's children were born out of wedlock, and that they've been living in sin all these years.

I agree, there's no foul in pursuing insurance remedies.  However, nobody sues an insurance company without first tendering a demand to the responsible party, so if he had a chance to settle for such a (relatively) small amount and didn't?  Not smart.

Perhaps he wasn't protecting his 20-something self so much as his investors cough**family**cough, who had much deeper pockets.

And there is no such thing in these United States as a legally recognized common law marriage.  Perhaps in the 40s or maybe even '50s, but no longer.

It would be ridiculous for him to not insist that insurance cover it.  It's why you pay for insurance.  Why let the insurance company off the hook?  And in personal injury cases it is 100% possible to sue the insurance company without first demanding payment from the insured.  I don't care enough to go back and forth though and you sound like you are pretty certain in your beliefs.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

No, common law, is not legally binding, whereas marriage is, so it is more than semantics. Especially in light of Peggy holding her "marriage" up as THE marriage, after all, she isn't saying her/Diko's "relationship" is better than Kelly's/Michael's, she said "marriage".  And because we don't know Peggy/Diko at all, it is hard to know what their real relationship is. He seems surprised that she can barely speak/understand English and was surprised that she could make/cook an Armenian dish that Peggy claimed was an important part of their lives, heck, he didn't even know that it needed to be cooked first. I put nothing past these HWs, including faking a marriage, look how the Guidice's faked wealth until that felonious house of cards came crashing down. LOL

• Love 8

I'm not sure why people think that insurance companies MUST pay out as they most certainly do not in some cases. Especially if the policy-holders are in violation of that policy. If companies had to pay out every time someone asked my spouse wouldn't have had a job in the last 25 years.

ETA- In keeping with the topic which we might or might not have dragged into a ditch oops, Peggy and whats-his-name generally creep me out. It's like watching a continuous commercial where they just want to sell us on how Armenian they are, and how they are great parents, and they have a fabulous business. I'm not buying ( and their product seems odd to me and their cars are fugly). So there Peggy.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, WireWrap said:

Actually, Vicki isn't the "OG" of the OC, that would be Jenna. Jenna was THE first HW of the entire HW franchise, Vicki is just the longest lasting and only because she/Tamra went after Jenna to get her booted off the show. 

I don't think I ever heard that claim before. On what is it based?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was joking I thought it stood for Original Gangster

Haha I knew it wasn't ogre although it could work.

It looks like original gangster or old school gangster is right...don't know where I got old guard.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I don't think I ever heard that claim before. On what is it based?

Scott Dunlop gave an interview about how he started the HWs and Jenna also talked about how she got on the show, as did Vicki/Michael.

• Love 1

For me, it doesn't really matter who was CAST first. All five ladies (Jeana, Vicki, Jo, Lauri, and Kimberly) started the season out together. So I'd refer to ALL of them as "OGs" of the OC. Vicki is the only one left. As stupid as it is, I think she deserves the title of OG. 

....and also a swift kick in the rear. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Scott Dunlop gave an interview about how he started the HWs and Jenna also talked about how she got on the show, as did Vicki/Michael.

Well the only links posted so far quoting Scott don't mention Jeane as first hired so..

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SoCal4Us said:

Haha I knew it wasn't ogre although it could work.

It looks like original gangster or old school gangster is right...don't know where I got old guard.

You're not alone -- I always thought Old Guard, too!

• Love 3

I can never tell if everyone is joking or if they are really not familiar with the slangs(tm Peggy) OG.  Ice T had a an album in the early 90s called "O.G. Original Gangster" and the title track's chorus is pretty much "O.G. Original Gangster" over and over.  Being that I was a white suburban preteen girl at the time and not yet the expert on street gang slang that I obviously am now, having majored in it at UCLA (not really), I'm not sure if the term predates his album, but afterwards it was definitely widely used.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 11
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, Mu Shu said:

Yes.  And Jeana was a somebody.  Vicki was just a homely mutt from the Midwest who happened to cheat on her husband with a guy who was transferred to Cali with a good income.  But for the grace of god she would be dusting Precious Moments figurines in the Chicago suburbs right now.  

Which is a mighty fine place to live - beats the Atlanta suburbs anyway.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, sarivon said:

Well the only links posted so far quoting Scott don't mention Jeane as first hired so..

All I can tell you is what I have read and heard. Jenna said that she knew SD personally and that he asked her to be on the show. Michael saw a flier or ad for HWs and talked his mother into filling out the form. Yes, Jenna was the first and Yes, Vicki is the longest lasting. Jenna was never cut throat enough to out last Vicki and they will have to pry the Orange out of Vicki's cold calculating hands with a jack hammer to get it back. LOL

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

they will have to pry the Orange out of Vicki's cold calculating hands with a jack hammer to get it back. LOL

I know! Ugh, hard to imagine the show without her, no mattter how much cosmetic surgery she has....winks. Seriously though, she is vile. She is such a liar...excuse me...she misinterprets so much... time for her to hit PCH.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I can never tell if everyone is joking or if they are really not familiar with the slangs(tm Peggy) OG.  Ice T had a an album in the early 90s called "O.G. Original Gangster" and the title track's chorus is pretty much "O.G. Original Gangster" over and over.  Being that I was a white suburban preteen girl at the time and not yet the expert on street gang slang that I obviously am now, having majored in it at UCLA (not really), I'm not sure if the term predates his album, but afterwards it was definitely widely used.

Thanks for the history lesson.  I love IceT, and I never knew this.

• Love 3