Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25: Everyone's Replaceable... Even Abby

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

With no sign of Abby, The Irreplaceables and the ALDC both find new choreographers to take her place. Famed dancer Cheryl Burke joins the Irreplaceables as they take on their opponents. But, the girls' insecurities and their doting mothers prove to be a struggle for Cheryl and her teaching methods. Meanwhile, the ALDC struggles to stay together and bring Abby back.

Blah. I feel like this whole episode was one big sympathy fest so we feel sad for all the messed up girls...which I do to some degree.  But what are their moms yapping about? They are the ones that put them in this situation and kept them there for years and in some cases gave their kids victim complexes?

I generally like DWTS Cheryl.  She's tough and no nonsense but this just seemed watered down and like she was brought in to read a script and be sympathetic to the girls.  This is not the Cheryl we get to see in DWTS.

Also as an aside, what does Cheryl know about non-ballroom competition dance? She knows about competition and what it takes to excel and all that, but I presume the ballroom circuit is very different than the competition dance circuit these kids are involved in (when not attending fake dance comps).  She clearly wasn't doing the choreography.

So I guess the show wants us to hate Brynn the traitor and be sympathetic to the other girls? Meh.

• Love 3

Cheryl: Kendall doesn't show any emotion because she's been taught not to

Ummm. No, Cheryl. Abby's been banging her head against the wall for years now trying to get Kendall to show emotion when she dances. And when she's not dancing, she has no problem acting like a little brat.

And I would hardly call Kendall insecure. Have you seen this girl's Instagram? She seems pretty happy/obsessed with herself. She honestly didn't even seem fazed by Cheryl's comments about being insecure.

Chloe on the other hand? All those tears? Girl is absolutely insecure. She's got some serious PTSD from Abby. Poor thing. It's sad what this show did to her self-esteem.

The desperation to please Abby from these minis and their moms is so beyond pathetic at this point. A tribute dance to her? Really? Abby literally walked out on you and won't let you back in her studio but yet you are still trying to please her and kiss her ass. They are so desperate to hang on to their "fame" (I use that word very loosely) from the show and being associated with Abby that they literally don't care how pathetic they look. The woman is a felon and she's in jail. Not exactly the kind of person I would want to be associated with or have my child look up too, but hey that's just me. 

I love hearing the producers in the background trying to talk to these women. Man I hope they get paid good to deal with this kind of crazy.

Ashlee and Brynn act like they are just so innocent and are the victims in all of this. Brynn acts like a little brat. And Ashlee has started so much drama that she takes no responsibility for. 

• Love 4

What a hot mess. Talk about ending on a low note.all the dances sucked and none of the girls had good energy. So as dispicable as Abby could be, at least she could motivate them to dance, and choreograph dances that were fun to watch. Without her, well, this episode speaks for itself.  Good on Ashley and Brynn for leaving. I still feel Brynn and the Anna's had the most talent and potential..I hope they continue to dance long after this show ends. The "elite team" - their mothers will continue to milk their 15 minutes of almost famous for all it's worth and then fade away. This show was all they had going for them. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, spanana said:

I generally like DWTS Cheryl.  She's tough and no nonsense but this just seemed watered down and like she was brought in to read a script and be sympathetic to the girls.  This is not the Cheryl we get to see in DWTS.

Also as an aside, what does Cheryl know about non-ballroom competition dance? She knows about competition and what it takes to excel and all that, but I presume the ballroom circuit is very different than the competition dance circuit these kids are involved in (when not attending fake dance comps).  She clearly wasn't doing the choreography.

One the problems is that people like Cheryl, Aisha and Laurieann are used to doing real adult choreography and that doesn't seem to fly at these "competitions" if they actually are real.  These so called judges appear to see nothing but boring, repetitive choreography for children.  If Brynn leaves I hope that this is end of the minis and their demented mothers.  What a bunch of shrews.  After she reamed out the older kids' moms and from what the tease for next showed, why in God's name would Cheryl and Ryan want to have anything to do with this show.  May it die a quick and quiet death.  The latter ain't gonna happen.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Cheryl: Kendall doesn't show any emotion because she's been taught not to

Ummm. No, Cheryl. Abby's been banging her head against the wall for years now trying to get Kendall to show emotion when she dances. And when she's not dancing, she has no problem acting like a little brat.

And I would hardly call Kendall insecure. Have you seen this girl's Instagram? She seems pretty happy/obsessed with herself. She honestly didn't even seem fazed by Cheryl's comments about being insecure.

Chloe on the other hand? All those tears? Girl is absolutely insecure. She's got some serious PTSD from Abby. Poor thing. It's sad what this show did to her self-esteem.

The desperation to please Abby from these minis and their moms is so beyond pathetic at this point. A tribute dance to her? Really? Abby literally walked out on you and won't let you back in her studio but yet you are still trying to please her and kiss her ass. They are so desperate to hang on to their "fame" (I use that word very loosely) from the show and being associated with Abby that they literally don't care how pathetic they look. The woman is a felon and she's in jail. Not exactly the kind of person I would want to be associated with or have my child look up too, but hey that's just me. 

I love hearing the producers in the background trying to talk to these women. Man I hope they get paid good to deal with this kind of crazy.

Ashlee and Brynn act like they are just so innocent and are the victims in all of this. Brynn acts like a little brat. And Ashlee has started so much drama that she takes no responsibility for. 

I was going to kudo this post as I agree with the 1st few sentences but totally disagree with the second half. The way I see it - yes Abby did wrong - but many of these kids have careers and opportunities because of her. These moms were more concerned about themselves and their kids reputation on TV - than they were with the fact Abby had problems that were hard to deal with and still maintain a TV presence. Hopefully - you'll never be in a situation where people don't cut you some slack nd expect you not to let personal problems interfere from your  job.

I liked the tribute dance and respect it - Abby gave those kids a chance - had an opportunity to do something very few kids get to do. I've never liked her techniques but the only time anyone would have seen any of these girls was an occasional youtube video. The girls themselves that did the dance actually liked Abby.

Brynn and Ashley started nothing - go to the tweets on Instagram - it was Kira, Christie and Cameron's mom who went off on Ashley for deserting them. Would I have replied - not the smartest thing -but you betcha. Brynn was always on the outside looking in and it just burned their butts that she'd go back to Abby instead of wanting to dance with girls that excluded her. The stuff being posted by fans to all of them is ridiculous - it's a fake reality TV show - but what's posted on the net - like these comments - will never disappear.

I feel bad for Cameron as I feel she's a beautiful dancer and wish the final team was actually - Cameron, Chloe, Brynn and Kalani. Kendall has never had any emotion and is stuck up as all get out. I love Nia and have seen some beautiful performances from her - but she doesn't cut it on the team anymore.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, tessat said:

I was going to kudo this post as I agree with the 1st few sentences but totally disagree with the second half. The way I see it - yes Abby did wrong - but many of these kids have careers and opportunities because of her. These moms were more concerned about themselves and their kids reputation on TV - than they were with the fact Abby had problems that were hard to deal with and still maintain a TV presence. Hopefully - you'll never be in a situation where people don't cut you some slack nd expect you not to let personal problems interfere from your  job.

I liked the tribute dance and respect it - Abby gave those kids a chance - had an opportunity to do something very few kids get to do. I've never liked her techniques but the only time anyone would have seen any of these girls was an occasional youtube video. The girls themselves that did the dance actually liked Abby.

Brynn and Ashley started nothing - go to the tweets on Instagram - it was Kira, Christie and Cameron's mom who went off on Ashley for deserting them. Would I have replied - not the smartest thing -but you betcha. Brynn was always on the outside looking in and it just burned their butts that she'd go back to Abby instead of wanting to dance with girls that excluded her. The stuff being posted by fans to all of them is ridiculous - it's a fake reality TV show - but what's posted on the net - like these comments - will never disappear.

I feel bad for Cameron as I feel she's a beautiful dancer and wish the final team was actually - Cameron, Chloe, Brynn and Kalani. Kendall has never had any emotion and is stuck up as all get out. I love Nia and have seen some beautiful performances from her - but she doesn't cut it on the team anymore.

I agree with so much of this.

Regarding the Brynn & Ashlee situation, I encourage anyone with Hulu to watch season 6 when Brynn came to LA to dance with the team.  I watched at the time & was appalled, but just recently rewatched (please don't judge, I needed something distracting during the drudgery of elliptical/treadmill) and it was even worse than I remembered.  The hypocrisy of all of the moms, but in particular Jill & that horrible, horrible Jess (Jojo's mom) almost brought me to tears for Brynn.  People can say its all scripted & the treatment that little girl received from these evil harpies wasn't real, but if that's the case, then please give Brynn her Oscar, because her tears sure seemed real to me.  I saw that ugly inside & out Jill yell at that child not to talk back to an adult - which Brynn didn't - while a few episodes later Kendall yelled in Ashlee's face about how mean she was & Jill applauded Kendall for standing up for herself (not to mention all of the times Kendall had & continued to talked back to Abby), Jess said awful, personal things about Brynn while she stood right there, as well as made fun of her for crying with Jill standing next to her in agreement, as though Kendall didn't throw a crying tantrum almost every episode.  Dr. Holly, the enlightened educator, stood by & laughed a few times while all of this went on, even joining in when the moms were all in the dressing room & Jess accused Brynn of trying to "be Jojo", because apparently Jojo is the only girl to ever wear an insipid bow in her hair.  I had actually really liked Jess the previous season, but she was right on Jill's level, which is about as low as you can get. 

As for Christi, I can hardly recall a more pathetic, immature display as a grown woman bragging about Instagram followers & saying nasty things to & about children while at the same time making their lip-injection & liposuction money by pushing the narrative that their child has been bullied by adults.  I feel like I need a Karen Silkwood shower for having watched this mess.

• Love 15

I feel like Cheryl Burke probably has more pull than Abby, so good for the girls for getting a well known choreographer because Abby was just doing the same choreography week after week. Yes, it won them competitions. But it is not gonna prepare them for the real dance world where they will have to do a variety of genres of dance. 

I didn't like Cameryn defending herself to Cheryl about why she was smiling in the dance. It's not that she was wrong for her emotion in the dance, but Just do what your choreographer says and shut up.

These moms are just so so so pathetic. They go on and on about how Abby abused them for years, but don't take any responsibility for keeping their children there and letting them get abused. I don't agree with Abby's teaching methods and I think she's just a mean person, but these moms have no room to complain about how mean Abby was when they did nothing to protect their kids.

• Love 8

Also as I said in a previous thread, I don't have to like Ashlee but at least her daughter is now home, enrolled in regular school, and doing regular every day activities with her friends.  Don't get me wrong that I expect that they would go running if a real Hollywood offer was at their door, but at least Ashlee took her daughter and left town instead of whatever the other moms are currently doing.  Last I heard the others were going on some sort of Dance Moms tour with the kids and the moms? 

On top of that, the show set Brynn up to look like the bully on the way out the door and if you look at social media, she is getting attacked left and right by Dance Moms "fans" that are so busy sucking up to the others.  So the show got exactly what it wanted.

Chloe does have real insecurities from her experiences with Abby, but national tv is not the place to deal with him.  I'd question why Christi didn't have Chloe in therapy during her time away from the show. Or maybe she did and it's just coming out now by being back with the show, but that is something Chloe needs to deal with away the cameras.

I don't know that I really think Kendall is insecure.  I think Kendall has a big chip on her shoulder but she's not necessarily insecure.

The thing about Cheryl Burke is while she did take ballet as a small child, I don't think she stuck with it long and then from there went into ballroom. Of the DWTS crew, she's not particularly cross trained.  She didn't grow up in that environment and she even used to struggle somewhat when DWTS got further away from ballroom and she was being asked to step into all of these other genres.  I expect she isn't choreographing here but is basically being the face of the show/calling out technique, being the mentor, etc.  I expect that Ryan woman is the one doing the actual choreo, and yes, most of these people they are bringing in are people used to choreographing show routines for adults and not competition pieces for whiny lazy teens.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, tessat said:

I think you nailed it here. Brynn did not "desert" them. They were all threatened by her from the day she walked in, and never accepted her. Abby was good to her, so why wouldn't she want to stay with her. 

And I also found it ridiculous, but predictable, that the moms were so outraged that Abby needed some time to deal with personal stuff. 

The title of this episode should have been "everyone's replaceable except Abby" because these girls were a mess in that protest dance tonight. 

• Love 6

One of the biggest laugh out loud moments with this show for the last season or so is how all the moms react to Abby falling apart over her jail sentence.  I don't feel bad for Abby because she got herself into this situation and now she is paying for that, but once she was sentenced and jail was looming, why did the moms never act like she had any right to be having a moment?  Anybody getting ready to go to jail, let alone doing it in a very public way, might have a bit of a breakdown and might have other things on their mind besides your dang fame hungry kids.  I'm not excusing Abby being unprofessional and what not, but she does very much have reason to be distracted and having a moment or two.

• Love 7

It’s hard to blame the moms when you don’t know what type of contract they signed.  Some of them might be stuck regardless of the damage it does to their kids.  The ones they leave might have a different contract timelines.

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, cali1981 said:

The group scores were idiotic.

Not seeing the other teams it's hard to know.  The older girls are horrible for their age and wouldn't be near first place at any competition.  The group dance was alright but nothing original nor did it show any great skills.

Chloe and nia were painful to watch. They are by far the worse of the bunch. Camryn carried Kendall in their dance and I knew it would be ahead of Chloe and Nia.  It was a watered down rip of a cheesey Sytycd routine. 

12 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

You  know that Abby didn't "literally" walk out on them, right?   I don't understand why they don't come out and say Abby is going to jail. She can't work anymore. 

• Love 4

Well I'm probably in the minority but I do hope that Abby does her time and then comes out and films a show similar to Dance Moms. We can forget the crazy moms and focus on the kids. There are hundreds of kids who can actually dance and do it as well if not better than Maddie. Yes - Cheryl and the others are trying to teach the girls what it's like out in the real world - but I don't see any of them becoming dancers. Kalani may someday have her own studio but I don't see any professional dancing in her future - she's into modeling now. Nia and Kendall will go back to school - I can see Nia becoming a doctor - while Kendall may try another crack at fame if So Sharp is still on when she goes to college. Chloe will still try to pursue an acting career. The big news about Maddie right now is about her boyfriend Jack leaving to go back to Australia. I don't see her fame continuing too much longer. She's going to be a C list celebrity. Right know all these kids are set for life if they have good financial advisors - they can go to school - and we'll see them god willing in 20 yrs on a Where are they know" news article.

• Love 3

I enjoyed watching Chloe and Nia dance together. I thought they looked well matched, I'm not totally sure if Nia stepped up her game or Chloe lost some of hers since Chloe used to be far better than nia. Maybe some of both.

Chloe made me cry and I don't think that's ever happened on this show. I want to hear how Paige is doing - are Chloe and Paige still friends?

I thought Cheryl was going to be all fluffy and sweet all the time, I'm glad she's not. She seems like a wonderful coach - quite possibly exactly what need. 

I'm surprised to hear Cheryl say that Kameron has a "strong personality" - it really doesn't show. She's a better performer than Kendull if that's what she was alluding to. I'm glad she told Kendull exactly what her issue is. I think Kendull was a little better than usual in her duet because of it but my eyes were drawn to Kameron way more. 

The group dance was kinda entertaining but I'm over anything about "haters". To me everything was betterish this week than the dances have been. I want to quit watching, have for a long time, but now the addition of Cheryl has me interested again. 

Sick of the Abby ass-kissing...this is an abusive criminal who repeatedly abandoned your asses and just quit on you before her prison stint, just stop. Barf. ? That song and dance was hella over the top. I think Brynn is a great dancer. I'm glad Ashlee is getting a clue and leaving the show. Bye, Felicias to the mini moms who are all extra insane.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

I disagree about Maddie disappearing . I think all the other girls will disappear once the show is done, but I think this is just the beginning for Maddie . If DWTS is still on in about 4 years , I can see them making her a pro . She's not in anything big now but she does a lot of different things and her work ethic is really good . 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I disagree about Maddie disappearing . I think all the other girls will disappear once the show is done, but I think this is just the beginning for Maddie . If DWTS is still on in about 4 years , I can see them making her a pro . She's not in anything big now but she does a lot of different things and her work ethic is really good . 

Why would DWTS make Maddie a pro when she's never ballroom danced a day in her life?  I know they have had a few untrained ballroomers on there, like Allison Holker, but they rarely work out.  All the regulars pros that get paired with celebs are ballroom trained.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, tessat said:

Oh, I am not denying that all the moms are responsible. Their behavior is heinous. I just don't think Ashlee is 100% innocent like she claims to be. We watched her for a few seasons now and she has definitely caused her share of drama over the years. She just doesn't really take responsibility for it. In fact, none of the moms do. They all seem to think they're pretty perfect.

And I totally agree that the girls are cliquey and left Brynn out and made her feel pretty bad. I was just pointing out that the past two episodes, she's seemed pretty bratty herself with her facials/mannerisms and her snarky little comments to her mom about the other team. She has every right to be pissy, but I just don't like that Ashlee paints this picture that her and Brynn are 100% the victims and have done nothing wrong themselves. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Daisy head said:

As for Christi, I can hardly recall a more pathetic, immature display as a grown woman bragging about Instagram followers & saying nasty things to & about children while at the same time making their lip-injection & liposuction money by pushing the narrative that their child has been bullied by adults.  

Christi definitely looks different than in years past. It is obvious she lost weight, but there is something else about her face that looks different. I think she fixed her teeth, but maybe also fillers or botox as well? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

Christi definitely looks different than in years past. It is obvious she lost weight, but there is something else about her face that looks different. I think she fixed her teeth, but maybe also fillers or botox as well? 

You cannot fix a sick crappy personality w/ whatever she had done...she is still a big jerk! Nothing pleasant ever comes out of her mouth!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

These moms are just so so so pathetic. They go on and on about how Abby abused them for years, but don't take any responsibility for keeping their children there and letting them get abused. I don't agree with Abby's teaching methods and I think she's just a mean person, but these moms have no room to complain about how mean Abby was when they did nothing to protect their kids.

Exactly. They sold their souls to the devil for fame. And now they cry that their kids are insecure from being beaten down by Abby but they had no problem cashing their checks at the bank. The moms act surprised that their kids are bullied on social media. What did they expect to happen after keeping their daughters on the show for seven seasons? Exposure comes with criticism. It's unfortunate but it's part of being "famous". And the moms set a horrible example by being internet bullies themselves! Talk about calling the kettle black

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 8

I tell myself every week I am DONE with this show- yet every week I watch it anyway.  The moms act like a bunch of Mean Girls.  I didn't watch the show back in the day but was Christie as obnoxious in the early days as she is now?  She's the queen of mean.   

The "original" moms are all now on the "Abby was so mean to my daughter and now daughter is suffering because of it."  Please.    Any of them could have left at any time.  

I really, REALLY hope that some of what we're seeing is staged and that these grown women are not as mean, vile and bullying as they are portrayed on this show.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lemons said:

You  know that Abby didn't "literally" walk out on them, right?   I don't understand why they don't come out and say Abby is going to jail. She can't work anymore. 

Last night's episode was filmed in March. That's when Abby went on Instagram saying she was quitting the show. She did not go to jail until July. Was she not allowed to work for four months? When she posted that on Instagram, I remember reading an article shortly after saying that she was done with the show and they were going to bring Cheryl Burke in to replace her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

Last night's episode was filmed in March. That's when Abby went on Instagram saying she was quitting the show. She did not go to jail until July. Was she not allowed to work for four months? When she posted that on Instagram, I remember reading an article shortly after saying that she was done with the show and they were going to bring Cheryl Burke in to replace her. 

I thought she traveled for awhile. I don't follow them on social media but since this is the end of the show are they going to address Abby going to jail?  

I would guess Abby and the show agreed on an end date and the show is producing drama by claiming Abby quit without warning. The usual silly drama about how awful Abby is.

I'm sure brynn's mother gave notice too but they acted like they decided at the last minute. I can't figure out when the older ones are going to call it a day. 

• Love 1

I didn't like Cameryn defending herself to Cheryl about why she was smiling in the dance. It's not that she was wrong for her emotion in the dance, but Just do what your choreographer says and shut up.

I agree. I also thought Camille's outburst was ridiculous. I feel terrible that Camryn is being bullied but Cheryl was simply giving her a dance note. Any critique by a choreographer and these moms believe their children are being victimized.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, spanana said:

One of the biggest laugh out loud moments with this show for the last season or so is how all the moms react to Abby falling apart over her jail sentence.  I don't feel bad for Abby because she got herself into this situation and now she is paying for that, but once she was sentenced and jail was looming, why did the moms never act like she had any right to be having a moment?  Anybody getting ready to go to jail, let alone doing it in a very public way, might have a bit of a breakdown and might have other things on their mind besides your dang fame hungry kids.  I'm not excusing Abby being unprofessional and what not, but she does very much have reason to be distracted and having a moment or two.

I'm not going to blame the moms for this.  Abby absolutely refused to discuss her situation on camera - she stomped,  stormed out, and slammed doors in people's faces when the subject was broached.  If Abby won't acknowledge it, why should the mothers?  It seems to be they're using a lot of euphemisms, and I don't know where the line was drawn as to what they can or can't say.  The producers are obviously on no one's side at this time.  They go out of their way to film Abby in her bra, braless, shoving food in her face, or any other indelicate moment (which Abby seems to revel in showing).  But then they're also being antagonistic towards the mothers, as evidenced by the shouted out questions to Ashley.  The producers of this show are soulless, and I should feel more shame for continuing to watch.  I will forever be on the girls' side though, and I continue to be grateful that Maddie no longer dominates this show.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jsage said:

I agree. I also thought Camille's outburst was ridiculous. I feel terrible that Camryn is being bullied but Cheryl was simply giving her a dance note. Any critique by a choreographer and these moms believe their children are being victimized.

I feel differently.  Both Camille and Kameron were emotional because the N word had been hurled at Kameron on social media.  The "rebelling" theme was a lot more personal to them than the simple anger of the others against Abby.  I'm sure Holly would have backed her up, but I noticed the cameras stayed off of Holly.   There are loaded issues that come up on this show that really only apply to Holly, Nia, Kameron, and Camille, and I'm not going to judge their reactions.  

Abby is basically a child in an adult body.  I've never been introduced, but I was able to get a friend to get me on set when they weren't filming.  She is an absolute shrew.  IMO she has no business working with children and I hope she doesn't except under supervision of a caring studio owner when she gets out of prison.  I can't blame the crew for turning against her.  What little I saw she was a demanding, insulting prima donna expecting people to stop what they were doing to get out of her way and yelling for people to do things that weren't their jobs.  I've seen many better behaved toddlers. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not going to blame the moms for this.  Abby absolutely refused to discuss her situation on camera - she stomped,  stormed out, and slammed doors in people's faces when the subject was broached.  If Abby won't acknowledge it, why should the mothers?  It seems to be they're using a lot of euphemisms, and I don't know where the line was drawn as to what they can or can't say.  The producers are obviously on no one's side at this time.  They go out of their way to film Abby in her bra, braless, shoving food in her face, or any other indelicate moment (which Abby seems to revel in showing).  But then they're also being antagonistic towards the mothers, as evidenced by the shouted out questions to Ashley.  The producers of this show are soulless, and I should feel more shame for continuing to watch.  I will forever be on the girls' side though, and I continue to be grateful that Maddie no longer dominates this show.

But Abby's refusal could very well be because her lawyers told her not to talk about it. We've seen this before when Melissa wouldn't divulge things because the lawyers wouldn't let her and Kelly couldn't say things because the layers wouldn't let her. The moms are not unfamiliar with this. I find them very unsympathetic - especially when asked what they thought about the sentence - very few had anything nice to say - which surprised me as they've all sold their souls and aren't the angels they pretend to be.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I feel differently.  Both Camille and Kameron were emotional because the N word had been hurled at Kameron on social media.  The "rebelling" theme was a lot more personal to them than the simple anger of the others against Abby.  I'm sure Holly would have backed her up, but I noticed the cameras stayed off of Holly.   There are loaded issues that come up on this show that really only apply to Holly, Nia, Kameron, and Camille, and I'm not going to judge their reactions.  

I don't know.. I don't think every little thing in life has to go back to bullying, racism, etc. People get bullied for all types of reasons and it's absolutely terrible, but if your dance teacher is giving you a specific note and wants you to portray a dance in a certain way, then just say ok and do it without getting defensive.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Why the hell should they be sympathetic to a criminal? Abby is no victim, except of her own arrogance.

I wouldn't lump all "criminals" together in terms of sympathy.  I think some of the dance moms have had some "criminal" activity on their own on a smaller scale.  

None of those moms are good people and it shouldn't be surprising they would turn their backs on someone in trouble.  

• Love 3

As someone who has watched this show weekly since it first aired in 2011, This show needs to end. It's getting unbearable. The only good things are the dances and those even kinda suck now. 

The scores are fake. Group costumes were horrendous. Brynn and Ashlee are annoying playing the victim card. And Cheryl was completely wrong, insecurity is none of those girls issues. Have you seen their social medias and youtube videos?? They sure do seem to love themselves on their. There problem is they have had people telling them for so long that Abby lee was a monster and they are perfect. Truth is Abby was right all along, they needed to work much harder if they wanted to make it in the business. they would be nothing without her like she wouldn't be anything without them. Sorry but other than Maddie NONE of these girls have real potential for a career, it's a fact. And I'm sorry but if Chloe was seriously THAT damaged by Abby that is christis fault for living through her child and keeping her in that environment. Maybe if Christi would have stopped relentlessly made excuses for her child and listened to Abby it would have never gotten to that point. What was Chloe's excuse for leaving the ALDC and regressing?? No Abby to blame for the last 3 years and she's worse than she was when she was 13. I've watched for this long I'll keep going to the end but it's getting painful. 

Edited by Addie1917
  • Love 4

None of these moms or older girls are nice or likable anymore and I am so tired of the victim mentality. I don't enjoy the show at all now. I don't think they can dance...They never improved....(miming) stripping isn't dancing and was totally inappropriate for their age group. These girls are way past done.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Addie1917 said:

As someone who has watched this show weekly since it first aired in 2011, This show needs to end. It's getting unbearable. The only good things are the dances and those even kinda suck now. 

The scores are fake. Group costumes were horrendous. Brynn and Ashlee are annoying playing the victim card. And Cheryl was completely wrong, insecurity is none of those girls issues. Have you seen their social medias and youtube videos?? They sure do seem to love themselves on their. There problem is they have had people telling them for so long that Abby lee was a monster and they are perfect. Truth is Abby was right all along, they needed to work much harder if they wanted to make it in the business. they would be nothing without her like she wouldn't be anything without them. Sorry but other than Maddie NONE of these girls have real potential for a career, it's a fact. And I'm sorry but if Chloe was seriously THAT damaged by Abby that is christis fault for living through her child and keeping her in that environment. Maybe if Christi would have stopped relentlessly made excuses for her child and listened to Abby it would have never gotten to that point. What was Chloe's excuse for leaving the ALDC and regressing?? No Abby to blame for the last 3 years and she's worse than she was when she was 13. I've watched for this long I'll keep going to the end but it's getting painful. 

Totally agree with you.  Abby sometimes crossed the line with insults but she was spot on in her assessments of them and what they needed to improve on and what they were good at.  If anything, Abby gave them more credit than they deserved. 

If Chloe was so traumatized by the show there is no way she could come back to it.  As for Maddie, she was every teacher's dream.  Of course Abby put her front and center, that's what you do with your strongest talent.  Of course she would give Maddie all the solos, she was the hardest working dancer they had.  Maddie has a talent you can't teach,  you either have it or you don't.  Maddie has the work ethic needed to continue to grow.  Nia doesn't have it.  Kendall doesn't have it.  Chloe doesn't have it. 

I'm interested in seeing how it ends.  I assume this is the last season.

• Love 6

I find it very obnoxious for anyone who has willingly gone on a reality show (for years, in some cases) to complain about people saying mean things about them on the internet. If they didn't go on TV no one would be saying negative stuff. You don't get to try and attract social media followers and then complain they aren't all complementary either.

Although, I do feel badly if people were calling Camryn the n word.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

Totally agree with you.  Abby sometimes crossed the line with insults but she was spot on in her assessments of them and what they needed to improve on and what they were good at.  If anything, Abby gave them more credit than they deserved. 

If Chloe was so traumatized by the show there is no way she could come back to it.  As for Maddie, she was every teacher's dream.  Of course Abby put her front and center, that's what you do with your strongest talent.  Of course she would give Maddie all the solos, she was the hardest working dancer they had.  Maddie has a talent you can't teach,  you either have it or you don't.  Maddie has the work ethic needed to continue to grow.  Nia doesn't have it.  Kendall doesn't have it.  Chloe doesn't have it. 

I'm interested in seeing how it ends.  I assume this is the last season.

Glad to see someone agrees. I've grown up with these girls and have enjoyed the show but Too many people hype them up and it's all went way to their egos.

• Love 4
On 10/19/2017 at 1:19 PM, Rebecca said:

Why the hell should they be sympathetic to a criminal? Abby is no victim, except of her own arrogance.

I think there is a difference between being sympathetic to Abby and being realistic about her situation.  I can not have sympathy for Abby but also see she was going through it and potentially on the verge of a nervous breakdown and might have other things on their mind besides their kids.  Abby may be awful and Abby might have brought everything on herself but I can separate out my feelings for Abby with an awareness of what she might have been going through at a particular moment in time.  The moms, maybe because it's semi scripted, act like Abby not showing up is just because she's off having a casual spa day as opposed to on trial and going to jail.  That was my only point there.

I also think one can have sympathy for a criminal.  Not an Abby type of criminal but the criminal justice system is very very flawed.  I certainly am not going to get into all of that here, but it's very narrow to say one can't have sympathy for a criminal.  Not all crimes and criminals are treated equally and the system is meant to oppress.

• Love 4
On 10/19/2017 at 2:05 PM, Lemons said:

I wouldn't lump all "criminals" together in terms of sympathy.  I think some of the dance moms have had some "criminal" activity on their own on a smaller scale.  

None of those moms are good people and it shouldn't be surprising they would turn their backs on someone in trouble.  

I wouldn't either but the fact is Abby takes zero responsibility for her actions and her crime. That's one of the reasons I find it impossible to have any sympathy for her. She's acted like a victim throughout everything. She's never cared what the girls felt at any turn and shouldn't be surprised they don't care about her when her own actions put her where she is. I agree they're not good people but that is besides the point that Abby isn't deserving of any sympathy, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, spanana said:

I think there is a difference between being sympathetic to Abby and being realistic about her situation.  I can not have sympathy for Abby but also see she was going through it and potentially on the verge of a nervous breakdown and might have other things on their mind besides their kids.  Abby may be awful and Abby might have brought everything on herself but I can separate out my feelings for Abby with an awareness of what she might have been going through at a particular moment in time.  The moms, maybe because it's semi scripted, act like Abby not showing up is just because she's off having a casual spa day as opposed to on trial and going to jail.  That was my only point there.

I also think one can have sympathy for a criminal.  Not an Abby type of criminal but the criminal justice system is very very flawed.  I certainly am not going to get into all of that here, but it's very narrow to say one can't have sympathy for a criminal.  Not all crimes and criminals are treated equally and the system is meant to oppress.

She was going off on vacations, I wouldn't be shocked if she was going to the spa. She never had any empathy for the girls so it's rich to expect them to have some for her. I didn't say one cannot have sympathy for ANY criminal, would it make you feel better if I said why the hell should they have sympathy for THIS criminal? This is not about the criminal justice system as a whole, this is about Abby. She should've "saved her tears for her pillow" as she was fond of telling 8 year olds. She should've quit earlier. This is all her own bad karma coming back to bite her. I'm sure karma for the mothers is coming as well.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

This show has jumped the shark and I'm glad it's ending. This episode was a bunch of pity party sympathy nonsense. Have you seen these girls Instagram pages? These girls are far from insecure.  These are fame crazed disgusting mothers and their spoiled whiny brats are here for the paycheck and being on TV. I always knew in the back of my mind, that Chloe and Christi would come crawling back this show. It looks desperate and pathetic on their part. I'm so over them and their sob stories.

I hope the younger girls continue their training, they're great dancers. Nice to hear Brynn is back home in Arizona and is attending high school like a normal kid. The irreplaceables will continue chasing for their fifteen minutes of fame. 

Honestly, this show was over when the Zieglers left and Abby's legal issues started cutting into the show.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, BarbieMermaidia said:

I used to feel bad for Chloe, but they were discussing her mistreatment from Abby like it happened last week. They came back to the show. I dislike the word "entitled", but Christi waltzing on here like no time has gone by is the definition of it. 

That's her mother Christi making her into a National victim! She literally has been putting words into her mouth since the 1st episode! I thought maybe something was wrong with her due to Christi not allowing her to speak; still doing it! She's made running her daughter's life a career and you never see them separated by more than a few yards! It's pathetic she's made her kid into a person unable to function on her own! It's bad and ridiculous at the same time; esp. still blaming Abby for all their ills! ;-)

• Love 2