Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Exit Strategy

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

While on a stakeout with Metro P.D., Torres' partner mysteriously vanishes, with the subsequent investigation leading NCIS to uncover new evidence from a decade-old murder. Also, Ducky's friend, Cadence Darwin, presents him with a new opportunity during his guest lecture series.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

No big surprise that ducky's leaving.  I'm sure DM is ready to retire.  Hope he enjoys it.  He had a tremendous career.  

44 minutes ago, marina to said:

They've left it open for him to come visit. David McCallum probably needs to cut back. His hands aren't steady anymore. :(

He's 84. Indeed, he has had a wonderful career. Best wishes, Duck!

• Love 3

I really loved professor Ducky. If we could get a couple more of those, I'd be happy. And I love how they're transitioning him. Yes, it makes total sense for him to write a book with all the crazy cases he's been a part of and the show has done a great job in the past year showing us Palmer is ready to take the reins.

I actually liked the story too, especially the storyline with the boy's parentage. I liked the touch of talking about what it must be like to come from a shady background into the light, how there will always be people doubting you, and tying it in with the idea of starting over.

And for once Torres didn't annoy me, so that's something.

• Love 6

Just a couple of takeaways from this episode : 

• Did Bishop actually say that faking your own death was not 'technically' illegal? I'm pretty sure fake ID's and Social Security numbers would be.
  • Is McGee a civilian employee like Abby? If not, is the new goatee allowed - - or is this just a pretend military environment for TV?  (Not a major  fanwank since NCIS basically consists of four working agents.)
23 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Just a couple of takeaways from this episode : 

• Did Bishop actually say that faking your own death was not 'technically' illegal? I'm pretty sure fake ID's and Social Security numbers would be.
  •  

That's why the cop guy said, no, but she had to break laws to do it.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DrScottie said:

He's 84. Indeed, he ........ wonderful

84?  oh, my goodness, we should all have shared his secrets.  (And a certain roommate of mine in college was more than ready to share his Ilya genes.)

18 hours ago, marina to said:

I really loved professor Ducky. If we could get a couple more of those, I'd be happy. And I love how they're transitioning him. Yes, it makes total sense for him to write a book with all the crazy cases he's been a part of and the show has done a great job in the past year showing us Palmer is ready to take the reins.

I actually liked the story too, especially the storyline with the boy's parentage. I liked the touch of talking about what it must be like to come from a shady background into the light, how there will always be people doubting you, and tying it in with the idea of starting over.

And for once Torres didn't annoy me, so that's something.

I would totally  read that book, 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

Did Bishop actually say that faking your own death was not 'technically' illegal? I'm pretty sure fake ID's and Social Security numbers would be.

Having a death claim filed for your real social security number when you're still alive has to be illegal.

17 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I believe it's called "insurance fraud"!!!

Only if there is a payout.  If she had no dependants, and I don't think she did, SS wouldn't pay anybody. In fact that means that she paid into SS money that would never get paid out.  If she got a new SS number that would be identity theft, even if it was of a dead person.  If she allowed a manhunt to go on or an investigation that would be obstruction of justice or something.  

• Love 1

There was actually a local case on my area where someone "faked " his death.  I know people who were friends of his. Letting everyone including,  his wife think he was dead, was not illegal. Since he did not get a new identity or try to use anyone else's information, or file an insurance claim, that was not the illegal part.  What he was ultimately  arrested for was what he was trying to run away from in the first place.

I hope Duckie makes the occasional appearance. I would think there would be at least one goodbye scene with Abby. DM will be missed. 

• Love 2
On 10/7/2017 at 10:27 AM, abbey said:

first Tony, now Abby and Ducky.  If this show gets renewed again the only person worth watching will be Mark Harmon.

Yeah, that'd still be worth it to me. :)

On 10/10/2017 at 8:15 PM, marina to said:

They've left it open for him to come visit. David McCallum probably needs to cut back. His hands aren't steady anymore. :(

He looked shaky when he walked around during the lecture too. Age is a bitch.

On 10/10/2017 at 9:17 PM, marina to said:

I loved it too. But for some reason, I really loved that eager student, or maybe it was just her lilting accent. She really stood out.

• Love 3

first Tony, now Abby and Ducky.  If this show gets renewed again the only person worth watching will be Mark Harmon.

Would be fine with me if Allison Janney comes to take Gibbs away. Then end the series.

• Love 2

I never liked Sportelli, so I have no complaints that he turned out to be dirty. Though the anvils were pretty heavy from his first whining statement to Gibbs.

I'm so going to miss Ducky and his stories. And I couldn't be sure if his student was Irish or Scots like, Ducky himself.

6 minutes ago, Driad said:

Would be fine with me if Allison Janney comes to take Gibbs away.

They're both on the same network, so I don't see why she couldn't show up as a guest star to set it up. Because I would so love that ending. Saw the preview for Bello's character and I dislike her already.

• Love 1

I think this should be the last season.  By the end of this season, they'll have lost the entire original cast barring Gibbs, and I'm not even so sure about him given the look he had when that other guy sayd "guys like us don't get to retire."  Plus, I think their cases have gotten boring as they concentrate too much on their personal lives.

• Love 2

Aww, I quite liked this one. Yes, it's sad to see Ducky leave but we know it was coming and they have done a tremendous job building up Palmer (love how everyone is addressing him with doctor now). The case had some good red herrings and was entertaining. Solid outing.

• Love 4

I hardly watch any more. Just enjoy the reruns. For me the beginning of the end was Bishop. And the new crowd - yawn.  I'm glad they have a nicely tied up Ducky's future. Great character. With Gibbs personality change, I suspect they are foreshadowing some sort of change for his character.

Teared up at Ducky and Jimmy hugging at the end. Tearing up again typing this. I know it's time or nearing time for Ducky and David McCallum but I'm still not ready.

Otherwise a good story with nobody being annoying so at this stage of the show, I'd mark it a win.

Where can I pre-order Ducky's book???

• Love 5