Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Higley and Griffith are not playing. They are literally erasing Tomsell's imprint off of the show..They have been editing  alot of stuff out  of the show to make it flow with their material. Daniel Cosgrove said that alot of the storyline between Aiden and Hope  for the summer were removed by them...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Paul on ice?! Get rid of Will and have Paul do every man and woman in Salem Square. He's a gem and can actually act. He's awesome on H50. I know you can't have more than 2.5 gay people in Salem but surely they can bring on another guy for him. Too bad Ben is leaving. I just was just getting used to his non scruff. He's been trying for months. LOL!! I guess he could always go back to TPIR. He showed more personality on the game show than on Days. He was good on the AMC reboot and high hopes for him. Granted, it could have been the writing. Nah!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I  think they put Paul on ice due to the way that Tomsell wrote him. It would not  be surprising that Higley did that to rebuild Wilson and then write them out with Gabi. She is Pro-Wilson. Then they bring in a new guy for Paul...Paul should be a Dimera and not a Black....There is a rumor that there is  going to be gay storyline with the teen set....

Edited by Apprentice79

Count me on as not liking Paige's death either but my reasons are that I just think it will just lead down the road to Eve blaming it all on the Horton's, mainly JJ and Jen. She will probably now want to kill one of Jen's kids because why should Jen Horton be allowed to have all her kids above ground?

• Love 3
(edited)

Exactly, Don't forget  Paige  is rumored to be Rafe and Gabi's sister via Papa Hernandez that will be played by A Martinez.. Little Arianna is related to the whole town lol, she is a Brady, Horton , Hernandez and a Kiriakis by marriage....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I really don't understand why they would kill Paige.  Why not have her go off to Stanford? If it's because they wanted a disaster scenario, well, there are many other ways to accomplish that.

It sucks so much about Daniel Cosgrove and Lauren Boles.  I loved Aiden and Hope together, and really thought his and Nicole's burgeoning friendship could have gone somewhere.  He's certainly more interesting than stupid Dr. Tan.

• Love 2

I just hope that they don't make Aiden a psychopath, every time Hope gets a man that is not Bo, he turns crazy and has to be vanquished..Why is it  that Bo gets to have other women like Carly and Billie, whereas Hope always has to stay for Bo..I loved Patrick and Hope together..Actually, I loved Patrick with Billie and Jennifer as well...All of Hope's children has to be from Bo. Zack was either for John or Stefano, until the show retconned it for mime sex between Bo and Hope...

• Love 4

Whoa, I forgot about the possible connection between Paige and the Hernandez/A Martinez. UGH, I hope it's not he who is the older man Paige tries to hook up with to make Eve and JJ go nuts.....nah, they wouldn't. 

• Love 1

Do we know for sure they are killing off Paige? What a waste. I mean there's other characters who surely could be x'd out permanently than Lima Bean.

Ugh Failure is pregnant. Maybe it's like how her EJail pregnancy was reported but turned out to be wishful thinking on her part o_O

Days social media is really pimping out the Abby, Ben, Chad triangle and the broken hearts involved. It's not a compelling triangle and both the broken hearted guys knew the score when they got involved with her.

And either guy if they "lose" Abigail just needs to get a new gf or engaged and they will get Jar Jar back sniffing after them. It's not so dire or final.

• Love 5

Hasn't it been mentioned here that Paige has a "doppelganger"? Maybe it's the "doppelganger" that gets killed (but the dumbass people of Salem think it's her) and Paige sees it as a way to leave Salem and start life in a new town, possibly under a new identity?

• Love 5

I read the SOD article on another board that said that Abigail is indeed preggers!

Haven't we suffered enough?

And either guy if they "lose" Abigail just needs to get a new gf or engaged and they will get Jar Jar back sniffing after them. It's not so dire or final.

It's not like losing Abifail is a bad thing. Whoever is lucky enough to get away from her should consider themselves blessed. 

• Love 7

In the SOD article they said Jack is dead, dead, dead and isn't coming back. 

My counter to that argument:

1. Jack has died onscreen two times before and came back, once after having all his major organs harvested. Steve also died onscreen and was almost buried.

2. We did not see his body. It was not an "on-screen death", we were just told he was dead.

3. They could easily tie this into the returns of Bo and Steve. Turns out that Jack was actually in a deep coma from the fall. Once they got to the morgue, he was switched out with a John Doe and taken someplace to recover. Jack was investigating something (I don't care what), Bo and Steve realized he was in danger and they decided to take advantage of the accident and use it as a way to protect him. Boom - Jack's back and tied into a major storyline. Plus, he can wake up with no memory of Jennifer and be done with her.

• Love 8
(edited)

In the SOD article they said Jack is dead, dead, dead and isn't coming back. 

My counter to that argument:

1. Jack has died onscreen two times before and came back, once after having all his major organs harvested. Steve also died onscreen and was almost buried.

2. We did not see his body. It was not an "on-screen death", we were just told he was dead.

3. They could easily tie this into the returns of Bo and Steve. Turns out that Jack was actually in a deep coma from the fall. Once they got to the morgue, he was switched out with a John Doe and taken someplace to recover. Jack was investigating something (I don't care what), Bo and Steve realized he was in danger and they decided to take advantage of the accident and use it as a way to protect him. Boom - Jack's back and tied into a major storyline. Plus, he can wake up with no memory of Jennifer and be done with her.

An amnesiac Jack would be great for Matthew Ashford to play. I would like to see him come back with a woman that adores him, just to see Jennifer's head explode. I would like to see Jennifer fight for Jack's love and earn it.. Perhaps, we would see that spunky lovable heroine that Jennifer Rose Horton was all those years ago, before she was all about the great doctor orange..  I'm all for Jack getting his own story if he returns, and no longer being a mere appendage to Jennifer. And I never want to see another Jennifer-centric romantic triangle again. Her constant need to have suitors vying for her favors might be forgivable in a teen or a twenty-something ingenue but it's grotesque in a middle-aged mother of two young adults. I want Jennifer to earn Jack's love after treating him like garbage. It has to be a long and arduous process. Of course,  I want Jack and Jennifer to be endgame, but Jacosta has to suffer for picking Daniel over Jack...Jack is needed on canvas and I want him to reconnect with JJ, Abigail, Adrienne, Joey, Stefanie, Jackson(Sonny), and Steve....The Jack/ Steve relationship was so complex and so beautiful...I am getting teary eyes, thinking about it....I always wanted  them to become brothers for real.... Identity has been a recurrent theme for both Johnson brothers: who they were, who they are, who they want to be, and whether they can truly overcome the past and the ugly things they've done to become that person. Steve and Jack banding together to help JJ would be so wonderful. He needs them now more than ever...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

If Jack comes back he knows every single thing Jar Jar has done and confronts her.  And gets JJ some real help. He ignores Jenn saying Jack or honey every 10 seconds and informs her she raised two rotten kids.  He acknowledges he was gone but that she dumped them off in boarding school and rarely had to work and still ignored them.  I think Jack is the only one who could possibly talk sense into Jabby.  So it will never happen. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I have no idea why the show is constantly doing that to him. It started with James E. Reilly became a headwriter  and declared that he hated Jack and did not understand why the audience loved him and began to trash the character, with Jack abandoning Abigail because she had leukemia...It has not let up ever since...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

We're all the Jacks killed off or just Matthew Ashford. I always got the feeling that Ken Corday was a Ashford hater. Not entirely sure why but that's been my impression,

(edited)

Yes, it was Matthew's Jack that always  got the bad writing and being killed off...

In fact, Matthew Ashford is a recast, he is the third actor to play him..He is the one most identified with the role and the most successful..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

If Jack ever came back I would never want to see him get back together with Jen, no matter how much she begged and apologized. She basically had Jack and Dan competing for her precious love (like mother like daughter) and even after she found out Jack had been held captive instead of abandoning her I still don't remember her attitude towards him changing all that much. When the supposed love of her life died she didn't even wait for his body to get cold before she was moving on with Dan. And she's at least partially to blame for why both of his kids are screwed up, especially the rodent one. She's horrible.

• Love 5

I like Matt Ashford a lot and I like Matt Valley. I just find it strange an actor like MA - who was a lead and part of super couple was repeatedly written out and in ways that were brutal or final.

I saw the actor in Wally Kurth's old show One Day on Soapnet (RIP). This was a show that basically was Wally Kurth (Justin Days and Ned GH ) spending an entire day with a soap star doing whatever they want and talking about whatever. it was actually an unpredictable and revealings series. MA seemed really laid back and sincere and warm. Ari Zuker and Cameron Mathison had their own episodes as well. AZ was pretty awkward and off putting and CM was a straight up asshole. A total dick and very conceited.

• Love 4

Honestly? I don't want Matthew Ashford to come back. Not because I don't like him but because I do. From JER onward (and JER sucked as a writer; yes, I said it!), Jack was treated like dog shit and used and abused again and again. I am well aware of his nasty beginnings, but Jack Deveraux was one of the few soap villains who believably (IMO) atoned and evolved, because of the former good writing this show once had.

Like so many here have said, I loved the twisted and sad dynamic of the Brothers Johnson, but not just them...the entire Johnson family. The way Matt played Jack as so damned conflicted with the late Joy Garrett's Jo and sister Adrienne...it was so complex. And then there is the whole Kayla/Jack dynamic. (I believe other writers tried to fashion Kate and Curtis and Billie/Austin/Lucas with the same template but failed miserably there.)

Add in Jack's dynamic with the late Wayne Heffley's Vern Scofield, and Jack was so well rounded. I think that, ironically, is what other writers hated, never being able to sustain the great template Jack had, and the character was punished for it. Jennifer was an outright bitch during the last round, even knowing Jack was a captive and tortured. This incarnation of her doesn't deserve Jack, anyway. And Jack deserves better kids than what JJ and Abby have become. Maybe it's better he is dead. Princess Jennifer would only be a shrew and the kids would shriek about abandonment or whatever.

I wouldn't blame Matt Ashford at all if he was asked back again to be used and discarded and he instead laughed his ass off before saying deuces and slamming down the phone.

I know Jennifer was/is popular and is a Horton, but I think the wrong half of this pairing constantly got the shaft. Without Jack, Jenn is vanilla. Yet a bitch. Strange combo, but there it is.

• Love 10

It seems like MA probably needs the money and that's why he's kept coming back to the show whenever they ask him back, because he has been treated pretty shabbily by DAYS over the years. I'm surprised at how sad his IMDB filmography is for someone so talented. (I also discovered that his current project, with Darin Brooks, is producing and writing an "Untitled 3D Horror" movie that is described as follows: "A detailed account exploring the darkness of pure evil as described in the New Testament Books of the Holy Scriptures." WTF?!)

• Love 2

I'm surprised that Matt Ashford hasn't been picked up by GH if Days doesn't want him.

I'd be glad for him if he needed the work, but what GH would do with his talent I shudder to think.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed when he was Tom on GH - I thought Tom/Felicia were hot together. But that stint didn't last very long, as I recall. Given GH's obsession with the mob and the virtual elimination of the core families, I'm not surprised they feel they don't need the Tom character back on the canvas.

(edited)

Honestly? I don't want Matthew Ashford to come back. Not because I don't like him but because I do. From JER onward (and JER sucked as a writer; yes, I said it!), Jack was treated like dog shit and used and abused again and again. I am well aware of his nasty beginnings, but Jack Deveraux was one of the few soap villains who believably (IMO) atoned and evolved, because of the former good writing this show once had.

Like so many here have said, I loved the twisted and sad dynamic of the Brothers Johnson, but not just them...the entire Johnson family. The way Matt played Jack as so damned conflicted with the late Joy Garrett's Jo and sister Adrienne...it was so complex. And then there is the whole Kayla/Jack dynamic. (I believe other writers tried to fashion Kate and Curtis and Billie/Austin/Lucas with the same template but failed miserably there.)

Add in Jack's dynamic with the late Wayne Heffley's Vern Scofield, and Jack was so well rounded. I think that, ironically, is what other writers hated, never being able to sustain the great template Jack had, and the character was punished for it. Jennifer was an outright bitch during the last round, even knowing Jack was a captive and tortured. This incarnation of her doesn't deserve Jack, anyway. And Jack deserves better kids than what JJ and Abby have become. Maybe it's better he is dead. Princess Jennifer would only be a shrew and the kids would shriek about abandonment or whatever.

I wouldn't blame Matt Ashford at all if he was asked back again to be used and discarded and he instead laughed his ass off before saying deuces and slamming down the phone.

I know Jennifer was/is popular and is a Horton, but I think the wrong half of this pairing constantly got the shaft. Without Jack, Jenn is vanilla. Yet a bitch. Strange combo, but there it is.

BRAVA Wendycr72,  I want to marry your post and I would like somebody to send it to Ken Corday.. You have articulated why Jack Devereaux a.k.a Billy Johnson has always been a fan favorite and why we love him so much..Jack's complexity is something that these dumb writers cannot ever understand and therefore cannot write for....I just want the Johnson family to reunite one more time...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

What kills me is that in the article Corday specifically says he plans to give the fans what they want and then in the next paragraph admits that, even though the fans are demanding it, he won't bring Jack back. Ugh!

• Love 3

It'll be interesting to tune back into the show in the late fall and see if it has shaped up at all. Actors returning does not mean the scripts will improve. Considering how badly they've handled all the characters, the younger set included, the show can't hope to earn back the trust of the viewers or build anything interesting.

I'm putting high hopes in Patch and Kayla's son to be the start of an interesting new generation of characters.

• Love 2

Very true, DisneyBoy. After all, it's Dena Higley, who has not distinguished herself in the past as a quality writer. I know people like to say that it can't possibly get worse, I used to say that myself...and I've been burned enough times that I no longer say that!

• Love 1

Is it too much to ask that Steve will hate Dirty Dan and have issues with him having a "special" relationship with his nephew?

Or that he'll still have issues with Jenn not realizing something was wrong when Jack was held in a cave? Like "How could you not realize?? And why didn't you tell me? I could have looked for him!"

Nah. He'll probably coddle Jenn as the most grieving of all widows. And bemoan the fact things didn't work out with Daniel. Then he'll realize that Dan is so much better at dealing with JJ than he or Jack ever could be and will seek his counsel with Joey.

• Love 6
(edited)

When was the last time Patch was back? 3 years ago?

He came back from the dead in 2006 as an amnesiac at Frankie's and Jennifer's wedding alongside Jack...Jack had convinced him to come home with him.  Jack was in a hospice awaiting death, he was believed to be dead by the people of Salem, he met a caring orderly who was an amnesiac Steve. I was so happy to see the Johnson Brothers together and I had so much hope, but the show fucked it up..For some stupid reason the show was trying to pair him with Billie, instead of repairing his relationship with Kayla and his family. I don't know why the show always insisted on using her as a spoiler for the supercouples...Billie was so much more than that....I loved Julie Pinson's Billie the best, she had an edge, but she can be vulnerable as well...The show also tried to pair Steve with Ava, and then they brought back Benji, who was  an important person in Steve and Kayla'a love story, just to kill him off..Steve's return was an epic fail in my opinion...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I bought SOD at the grocery store yesterday, lol, just to read Corday's missive on the new Days. He was effusive about how much the show will improve and left a whisper of an opening for Jack to return -- though that was probably a red herring just to keep us Jack fans in the fold. But despite my misgivings about Corday, I decided to feel positive about it all and hope for the best. At the very least, I'll have my Patch back again and that is gold. Unless they do more damage like Apprentice just described....ugh. Why am I so conflicted over what should be pure entertainment? 

• Love 2

From Michael Fairman's site - 

Tamara Braun Reprises Her Daytime Emmy Winning Role As Ava Vitali On Days of our Lives!

No way … WAY!  The casting announcements from NBC’s Days of our Lives keep a-coming. and this time via TV Insider, word is that that Daytime Emmy winner, Tamara Braun is back as the oh-so-dangerous Ava Vitali!

Braun has been shooting episode of DAYS since June 17th. and will hit the airwaves on December 9th which adds even more legs to the already stunning 50th anniversary line-up longtime fans of the series are set to see beginning this fall.

Previously, Ava was one-whacked out chick! This mob princess was responsible for a few major ditties such as: ordering the sabotage of John Black’s (Drake Hogestyn) plane that killed among others the beloved Shawn Brady Sr. (Frank Parker)! Ava also kidnapped Hope (Kristian Alfonso), drugged Patch (Stephen Nichols), and let’s not forget held hostage: Bo (Peter Reckell), Hope, Patch, and Kayla (Mary Beth Evans) … these are just some of her crimes!

Tamara took home the gold at the 2009 Daytime Emmys for her portrayal of notorious Vitali in the Outstanding Supporting Actress category.  And of course, General Hospital viewers know her as the second Carly!

Again, I say UGH. Not to mention the fact the actress then returned to play Nicole's sister who EJ inexplicably fell immediately in love with based on a scarf or something, I don't remember. And I don't want to. 

But I hope she's just used as a plot point and doesn't become a major character. 

• Love 3