Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just realized that Chad has been stuck in this stupid triangle for a year now. And shortly before then, he had Ciarra sniffing around. Been a rough year for the guy...

Why did you have to remind me of that crap?

• Love 2

Somebody posted a picture of the first page of a shooting script for December 27 with the list of cast members and locations for that day.  One of the cast members mentioned is Ciara.  And one of the locations is JJ's room at the Martin House.

(edited)

In my ongoing excitement and anticipation of Will, Sami and Eileen Davidson's returns, I thought I would post my ideal situation for that upcoming storyline. Maybe this belongs in a predictions thread but since it's all based on the spoilers that have leaked so far I figured I would post it here.

Since we know Sami is going to be making one string of appearances then taking a break and returning for a second string of appearances, my guess is that in her first arc she would be returning to town either for John and Marlena's wedding or Hope and Rafe's. Ideally, I would like for Sami to call Hope out on marrying her ex-husband which is kind of creepy and weird, and it would be even better if Kate got in on the action (having boinked Rafe) and cause Hope to reconsider the whole thing (full disclosure: I hate Rope.)

I would also love it if Sami's return allowed for her to spar a little bit with Nicole before Zucker leaves the show. Perhaps they could have a flare-up over Nicole's affair with Eric and Brady (I'm just going to go ahead and assume here that Eric and Nicole are going to hook up before she leaves town and a triangle will ensue.)

By that point, I assume that Sonny and Paul are going to be getting together. I could see Sami having to give her blessing to that and then choosing to leave town to pursue some other lead in her ongoing search for EJ.

This would probably be about the time that Will would start to enter the picture. From what we already know it's likely he will be brainwashed so perhaps he could start lurking around town and Sonny could start getting weird feelings and then as the date of Sonny and Paul's wedding approaches people could start getting glimpses of someone who might be Will. Marlena could reach out to Sami and Sami could come back in town for the official wedding only to get the shock of a lifetime when Will walks in and interrupts Paul and Sonny's I do's. This would be the start of her second stint.

Sami would have pursued some lead for EJ to Tennessee during her break, having heard of some doctor that can bring people back from the dead. With Will in hand she would go back there and end up figuring out that the person that she had heard about was Rolfe, who comes clean about having brainwashed Will for Stefano for whatever reason. And at this point we would see Susan Banks Crumb re-emerge. We would hear that she had learned from Marlena about Sami's attempts to find EJ and gone to Tennessee herself to see what she could dig up. She would still blame Sami for EJ's death and be very disappointed to learn from Rolfe that EJ is in fact dead and gone and was not saved by him or Stefano.

The fact that Sami got her son back would initially infuriate Susan but once they returned to Salem, Susan would eventually realize she's glad at least one of them was able to reunite with their child since she understands the grief Sami must have been feeling. Knowing she has to return to her other children, Sami would leave Will with Marlena and John and depart to tell her other kids their father really wasn't going to come home after all. At this point we would learn Susan has actually been Kristen in disguise the whole time as she speaks with Rolfe about his mistakes that lead to Sami tracking him down in the first place. Since first receiving Rolfe's assistance, Kristen has been keeping EJ alive overseas with Stefano's help and they can never be discovered. Rolfe promises to keep his mouth shut and "Susan" leaves town again.

Sonny would be deeply troubled by Will's resurrection and him being a different person now would make it impossible for them to restart their relationship. Paul would be mistrusting of Will and eager to move forward with his new life with Sonny. In the end Sonny would end up choosing to leave town after helping Will regain some of his memories. Will would do the same to spend time with Sami and his siblings, leaving Paul alone on the canvas.

.... that's basically kind of how I see it playing out. Obviously I have no idea which characters are showing up when, but from the bits and pieces we've heard so far, I kind of see this as the best case scenario. I am totally over the character of Sonny and especially Freddy's take on him. I think Paul is viable if he's freed up to pursue other stories in the future and since Will isn't staying indefinitely, I could see both him and Sonny going their separate ways and leaving town and Paul taking his life in a new direction.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

@DisneyBoy - Are you sure you don't just want to be a writer for the show?

(Gotta disagree about "Rope" though - not that I love them or anything, but why would Sami and Kate care?  Just let them get married and be boring; we don't need Sami and Kate meddling when clearly neither of them cares about Rafe anymore.)

• Love 1

Fair point. I guess I just like Hope enough that I don't want her to be stuck with Rafe. Quite a step down from Bo and Aiden 1.0.

Would you be happy watching the show if I was a writer?

I'm pretty sure the internal politics are what sabotage Days more often than the talents of those writing the scripts. The show often has good ideas the same way they often cast good actors but don't give them the chance to shine.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Fair point. I guess I just like Hope enough that I don't want her to be stuck with Rafe. Quite a step down from Bo and Aiden 1.0.

Would you be happy watching the show if I was a writer?

I'm pretty sure the internal politics are what sabotage Days more often than the talents of those writing the scripts. The show often has good ideas the same way they often cast good actors but don't give them the chance to shine.

Ha, yes - sorry if you couldn't tell that I meant that as a compliment.  :-)  I agree that you're on to something about the internal politics.  That, and budget seem to be their biggest problems.

I agree that Rafe is a huge step down from Bo, but I never liked Aiden, so Rafe is a step up from him IMO.  Peter Reckell needs to come out of retirement!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I agree that Rafe is a huge step down from Bo, but I never liked Aiden, so Rafe is a step up from him IMO.

Lies.  At least I was interested in Aiden.  I ceased feeling any interest in Rafe years ago.

(edited)

Rafe hasn't been interesting since he nearly lost his Peter Reckell for having boinked Stefano's woman.

:P

And thank you for the compliment. Believe me I would write something completely different if it was entirely up to me, but just from all of the spoilers and tidbits I've read, this seems like a likely course. I'm trying not to get my expectations up. Knowing this show they could just as easily bring Kristen back one more time to fall out a different window after slobbering all over Brady and acting nuts. I really really hope they don't. Eileen is capable of giving really nuanced performances and Kristen is at her best when she's a human and not a cartoon. Plus, I'd rather see them develop Susan or her brother or her sister for now. I think they need to have a really good plan before they bring Kristin back.

And I am hoping that they keep Will around for longer than just a couple of weeks.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Lies.  At least I was interested in Aiden.  I ceased feeling any interest in Rafe years ago.

You can just say you disagree without calling my opinion "lies." :-)

19 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

(Gotta disagree about "Rope" though - not that I love them or anything, but why would Sami and Kate care?  Just let them get married and be boring; we don't need Sami and Kate meddling when clearly neither of them cares about Rafe anymore.)

Remember the episode when Chad and Gabi found out that Kate married Andre and Gabi pulled Kate aside and asked her if she really wanted to be married to Andre because she might meet the man of her dreams?  Didn't Kate allude to Rafe being the love of her life but she couldn't have him and that's why she agreed to marry Andre?  I know I was shocked that the show was playing at Kate's still being in love with Rafe--can't they let the poor woman move on?

I think they were referencing Gabi's father, now in jail. They had Gabi and Kate talking about how intense Kate's feelings were for him a few weeks back. It makes no sense. They barely dated on-and-off much less fell in love.

I haven't heard Kate say a thing about Rafe in years.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Remember the episode when Chad and Gabi found out that Kate married Andre and Gabi pulled Kate aside and asked her if she really wanted to be married to Andre because she might meet the man of her dreams?  Didn't Kate allude to Rafe being the love of her life but she couldn't have him and that's why she agreed to marry Andre?  I know I was shocked that the show was playing at Kate's still being in love with Rafe--can't they let the poor woman move on?

I thought she was referring to Eduardo?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think they were referencing Gabi's father, now in jail. They had Gabi and Kate talking about how intense Kate's feelings were for him a few weeks back. It makes no sense. They barely dated on-and-off much less fell in love.

I haven't heard Kate say a thing about Rafe in years.

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

I thought she was referring to Eduardo?

Oh man, thanks for the clarification--I seriously thought it was Rafe.  But now it's actually his dad which is also rather off putting :)

(edited)

I have hated Rafe since Lucas was thrown under the bus for him.  The show should have gone with Lumi and not safe.  Lumi has the tumultuous  history, the chemistry and they share two children. It was a slap in the face for the Lumi fans who have watched them, from the moment, Sami opened the door to Lucas dressed in a military uniform. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I concur with the above that Kate and Gabi were referencing Eduardo, not Rafe.  Though I can definitely see why there's confusion since Kate and Eduardo were together for about 37 seconds and it sure didn't seem like any great love story...

• Love 2

I loved Hope with Aiden, and Bo with Billie. I haven't been a Bope fan in many years. If Ron would end Rafe and Hope, I could watch again. But I'll never watch as long as they're a couple. Too bad, cause I'd like to see the returns of Will and Kristen.

• Love 1

Week of July 17

Monday July 17:

Abigail asks Andre to secretly help her find out more about Dario’s illegal dealings.

Tuesday July 18:

Anjelica is visited by a surprise guest.

Wednesday July 19:

Lucas is jealous when he finds Justin comforting Adrienne.

Thursday July 20:

Things get messy when Kate and Andre clash.

Friday July 21:

Hope reluctantly tells Rafe the truth about Dario.

Anjelica ropes another face from Salem's past into her master plan.

• Love 2

More on July 17

Monday, July 17, 2017
Eli has a surprising offer for Lani. 

Tuesday, July18, 2017 
Steve is on track to prove that someone is setting Kayla up at the hospital. 

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 
Abigail confronts Dario, but he turns the tables on her. 

Anjelica has an unholy alliance with someone unexpected. 

Thu July 20, 2017 
A protective JJ runs into Chad & warns him not to cause his sister any further pain. 

Fri July 21, 2017 
John & Paul's investigation brings about a new suspect in Deimos's murder.  

• Love 2
Just now, BlackMamba said:

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 
Abigail confronts Dario, but he turns the tables on her. 

I am sure whatever it is, she will stupidly stay married to Dario. For reasons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I am sure whatever it is, she will stupidly stay married to Dario. For reasons.

I wonder if they are going to take Dario into full on bad guy in service of the Abby/Chad love story the way they did Ben? I don't love the character as he is written, but JV is a competent actor, so, if RC can find a way to make him interesting to me, I'd be open to it. I'm not suggesting he rise to serial killer heights, mind you, just something more than this pathetic, lovelorn schemer. 

I've yet to see anything that suggests that while Abby is marrying him out of  obligation she might slowly be falling for him. So, I'm not sure where they're going with this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I wonder if they are going to take Dario into full on bad guy in service of the Abby/Chad love story the way they did Ben? I don't love the character as he is written, but JV is a competent actor, so, if RC can find a way to make him interesting to me, I'd be open to it. I'm not suggesting he rise to serial killer heights, mind you, just something more than this pathetic, lovelorn schemer. 

I've yet to see anything that suggests that while Abby is marrying him out of  obligation she might slowly be falling for him. So, I'm not sure where they're going with this.

I think maybe it would be interesting to see Abby actually fall for Dario & have him try to ditch his "bad guy" ways...but then again didn't Chad want to be a "good guy" for Abby & Thomas? Maybe have Dario have to deal with a rather "unstable" wife?? Eh, honestly...can't say I really care much one way or the other.

I hope RC is more inspired by this show than I've been lately.....and I hope he studies the history & makes good use of the rich stories & characters...and I also want a rainbow unicorn. Just sayin'. ;-)

• Love 2
On 7/9/2017 at 0:24 AM, Frozendiva said:

I would just like to be able to care what happens to some of the characters!

This. I don't give a crap about any of them right now. I have a passing like for Chad/Gabi b/c they're hot but...that's it. Not even PaulSon. Freddie has ruined the Days Gays for me. I will watch the Chandler clips but that's only b/c I love Will and Chandler. LOL

• Love 5

Last of July 17

Mon, July 17, 2017
Marlena hypnotizes Sonny to jog his memory about the night of Deimos’ murder. 

Tuesday, July18, 2017
With the help of Theo, Abigail discovers Dario’s secret. 

Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Paul has an urgent request for John. 

Thursday, July 20, 2017
Abigail & Chad’s deep feelings for each other resurface. 

Friday, July 21, 2017
Kate drops a bomb on Abigail.

• Love 1

IIRC, Sweeney said Sami wasn't back for anything romantic but to stir up trouble. TPTB let the ship sail on Lumi a long time ago, and if they were going to put her in anyone's orbit, it would be Rafe since they consider him a lead and Lucas a day player. Besides, Sami moved on a long time ago and shut that door firmly. She values Lucas as a good friend and reaffirmed that when she left for Hollywood. Part of me thinks that BD created his own irrelevance on this show by clinging to Lumi for too long when the writers & Corday had long since moved on. I think Corday (or was it Tomlin) already said Lucas wasn't a leading man. They consider Sami a leading lady. Her popularity is her own while his is still completely dependent on her. That's sad. Sami was allowed to grow and move beyond Lucas and Lucas is still being shackled to Sami instead of moving on. 

2 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Thursday, July 20, 2017
Abigail & Chad’s deep feelings for each other resurface. 

I wish this story would die. It's not interesting and it's even more bland because Corday already ruined the ending. 

2 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Friday, July 21, 2017
Kate drops a bomb on Abigail.

Hopefully that Gabi is pregnant by Chad. Soapy goodness!

Overall, these spoilers are very meh to me but hoping Ron's writing makes them play out better than they read. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

IIRC, Sweeney said Sami wasn't back for anything romantic but to stir up trouble. TPTB let the ship sail on Lumi a long time ago, and if they were going to put her in anyone's orbit, it would be Rafe since they consider him a lead and Lucas a day player. Besides, Sami moved on a long time ago and shut that door firmly. She values Lucas as a good friend and reaffirmed that when she left for Hollywood. Part of me thinks that BD created his own irrelevance on this show by clinging to Lumi for too long when the writers & Corday had long since moved on. I think Corday (or was it Tomlin) already said Lucas wasn't a leading man. They consider Sami a leading lady. Her popularity is her own while his is still completely dependent on her. That's sad. Sami was allowed to grow and move beyond Lucas and Lucas is still being shackled to Sami instead of moving on. 

I feel that Lumi is tied to each other just like Steve and Kayla are to one another. The writing does not support that because the show for some bizarre reason felt that Sami should be with her rapist EJ. Lucas should be a leading male and it is a shame that the show chose to push a boring asshole like Rafe to the forefront. Lumi's green wedding and their antagonism with EJ should have sealed them as a forever couple.

• Love 2

But Sami as a character was always moving to be a lead character whether she was being good, bad or somewhere in between. For most of entire run as Sami, she was never a passive character. She made things happen.

Meanwhile Lucas was never that. He was her sidekick if he was not involved with Sami. It is why the show easily had sent away or offscreen when not involved with Sami. And it's not like the show didn't attempt to pair him up in other relationships, but they showed exactly how much they valued Lucas with those relationship. Nicole (paid by Kate to marry him), Cassie (his sister), Carrie (wanted Austin), Chloe (wanted Daniel) and now Adrienne (should be with Justin). 

Honestly, if the show didn't make Lucas to be Will's father, he may have been on even less than he has now over the years.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But Sami as a character was always moving to be a lead character whether she was being good, bad or somewhere in between. For most of entire run as Sami, she was never a passive character. She made things happen.

Meanwhile Lucas was never that. He was her sidekick if he was not involved with Sami. It is why the show easily had sent away or offscreen when not involved with Sami. And it's not like the show didn't attempt to pair him up in other relationships, but they showed exactly how much they valued Lucas with those relationship. Nicole (paid by Kate to marry him), Cassie (his sister), Carrie (wanted Austin), Chloe (wanted Daniel) and now Adrienne (should be with Justin). 

Honestly, if the show didn't make Lucas to be Will's father, he may have been on even less than he has now over the years.

The show never made him a lead by writers who had no use for him.. Sherry  Anderson who created him intended him to be a lead..  JER wanted that as well and made him a Horton via Bill . JER  let it be known that Lumi was a forever couple in the same way as Carrie and Austin.. IN fact, when Kate came back in the form of Lauren, she was in the shadows and voiced that.. She thought that Will was the son of Carrie and Austin. She was shocked to learn that he was Sami's and Austin's.  It is how she became very suspicious of Sami in the first place, she felt that something was not right...Before she left the show, Kate actually liked Sami and loved her friendship with Lucas because she knew that they were right for each other.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Sami was allowed to grow and move beyond Lucas and Lucas is still being shackled to Sami instead of moving on.

...and his mother.

Hopefully Anne will move him into a new front-burner storyline.

(Though really, was Sami growing when she became mired down in the neverending hell that was EJ and the yaaaaawn that was Rafe?)

• Love 2
22 hours ago, nilyank said:

Pretty spot on, IMO. 

I heard this week's SOD has a 6 page Ron Carlivati interview in it. 

16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

(Though really, was Sami growing when she became mired down in the neverending hell that was EJ and the yaaaaawn that was Rafe?)

More so than with Lucas, IMO, who spent too much time yelling a lot at her about her failures the last decade.

• Love 1

Anjelica's partner in crime is Hattie.  This could explain why John is looking for Marlena when he comes back from his mission on Carlavati's first show, maybe Hattie and Anjelica have kidnapped her?  Don't know why, though.

• Love 1

I find this in character for Lucas. He always gotten territorial in the past when he fears that he is losing the woman that he is with.

When will this start showing up? Apparently, Sonny will still be the number one suspect in Deimos' murder when this finally airs.

• Love 1

I guess that is Ron inching Justin/Adrienne back together

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I find this in character for Lucas. He always gotten territorial in the past when he fears that he is losing the woman that he is with.

When will this start showing up? Apparently, Sonny will still be the number one suspect in Deimos' murder when this finally airs.

Next week is Ron's first scripts.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

Oh goodie.  So he has no new ideas and his only solution is to reestablish all the old couples?

Guess Jack will be showing up for Jennifer any day.

Wait, THAT idea I like.  But not the rest. Move on dude.

Classic Ron. He didn't end up with the moniker Re-Ron during his GH days for nothing lol

Although I'm with you on the Jack idea. Plus I wouldn't mind Gabi back with JJ. 

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

Oh goodie.  So he has no new ideas and his only solution is to reestablish all the old couples?

Guess Jack will be showing up for Jennifer any day.

Wait, THAT idea I like.  But not the rest. Move on dude.

That's okay with me.  Lucas and Adrienne were fine to me when Justin wasn't in the picture (due to Wally's time over on GH).  But now that he's very capably balancing both shows . . . sorry, Lucas.  You've gotta go.  Not off the show, just away from Adrienne.

And I don't think he's reestablishing all of the old couples.  Assuming the December wedding is for Hope and Rafe, he's clearly keeping them together.

And I wouldn't mind Jack coming back.  I actually think Ron would show Matthew Ashford some respect that past regimes haven't.

• Love 4

Carlivati has his problems, BIG problems.  And issues....let's not forget tics...

But, he does have a fierce love for the genre unlike the asshats who have been writing this show recently.  Going by his past, his first 8 or 9 months could be very good.  I, for one, am happy that Show will have someone writing that actually values soaps.

And frankly, it would take several miracles to make Adrienne something other than an empty headed hysterical mess so I'm not going to judge him by that.

After what we've seen recently, he will be an improvement.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, boes said:

And frankly, it would take several miracles to make Adrienne something other than an empty headed hysterical mess so I'm not going to judge him by that.

After what we've seen recently, he will be an improvement.

I have hated Adrienne for years (not Judy, though). 

I can't wait to see what he writes. It'll take a bit for him to "fix" all Dena's shit, though. I'll be patient through the fall.

• Love 3