Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

In an epic twist 

Ben is the one to kill Abigail saying he was waiting to finish what he started. 
Marlena realizes she is an awful psychiatrist who can cure no one and decides to retire. 
Jan says these people are all nuts and takes off with her baby.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

In an epic twist 

Marlena realizes she is an awful psychiatrist who can cure no one and decides to retire. 

And DB, after months of sadly avoiding this show for his own mental health, weeps tears of joy and dances like its 1999.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

In an epic twist 

Now that would actually be a good twist! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Week of June 20:

Paulina is released on bail 
Sarah has a concerning hallucination 
Olivia returns to Salem 
Belle confides in Chole 

Olivia? As in Orpheus's sister-in-law?

53 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Found this on Twitter.

So the "rumors" were spoilers leaked early after all. 

• Love 2

All the "we's" and playing as permanent, but deaths in Salem blah blah sounds like he's in damage control to defend it. He's pushing it on network, Corday's like it was not all him. 

Yet all of them had no problem working with Victoria on recurring for how long now? It's been years. So why she and Ciara able to work around no contract, but you had Marci and Kate he couldn't? Such BS.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Yet all of them had no problem working with Victoria on recurring for how long now? It's been years. So why she and Ciara able to work around no contract, but you had Marci and Kate he couldn't? Such BS.

Plus, I remember hearing when MM went on maternity leave that she might be considering not working full time so I think they've known this for a long time.  That's why I think it's such BS that Ron is claiming they had to break them up because what else can you do when a couple is happy?

Chad and Abby weren't happy and together when she left on maternity leave.  They could have divorced them.  Given them a rest.  Had the kids go and stay with her until they were ready to become hellion teenagers.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Artsda said:

All the "we's" and playing as permanent, but deaths in Salem blah blah sounds like he's in damage control to defend it. He's pushing it on network, Corday's like it was not all him. 

Plus he couldn't take a chance on viewers not liking a recast other than Kate, but you have all these recasts coming in for Beyond Salem?  Stephanie, Andrew, Joey, etc. And some of them coming back to the main show?  Now would have been the best time for a recast since you have all these other ones, plus the success of recasting before.  But he can sure find a reason for Gwen to still be around.  Whatever . . . 

So much for MM not wanting to play Abby anymore and all the spec about the details of her personal life that all these "insiders" were so sure of.  She wants to continue.  RC just doesn't want to accommodate her like he does others for whatever reason.  In addition to the Ciara actress working part-time, you have Will, Sami, Eli.  He really is just gutting the core of the Horton family.  The ones remaining are firmly planted in stories involving more favored families.  Soon, there will only be Doug & Julie to trot out for Christmas and gather the remaining 3 or 4 Hortons to hang the ornaments and claim the family for that day and then return to wherever they were.  They should just discontinue the whole tradition all together.  What a way to honor Tom and Alice.  Eliminate almost their entire line from the show.

And no offense to CM, but I'm not really interested in her take on Jennifer right now.  This should totally be MR.  SHE has been Abby's mother for most of the last 30 years.  More than Jack has been around as her father.  Especially this latest weak and foolish version of Jack as a father.  I'm especially NOT interested in his tears.  The emotional impact of this is severely limited w/ CM.  Her Jennifer didn't even interact all that much with Abigail.  After the affair stuff, all she did was pat Jack's back and follow along with all his Gwen bullshit.  And no JJ.  Not that I expect there to be any real focus on their grief.  They will be used to hype Lucas as a suspect and of course to prop poor Gwen.  They'll then disappear.  Gwen will surely have lots of time to proclaim her innocence to Daddy and whine about how she tried, but Abby was just SO mean to her and broke her mug!

This is probably RC's big chance to get rid of them as well.  At least Jennifer.  She has no reason to be in Salem anymore.  Jack and Jennifer have only been coming back to deal with any Abby and/or Gwen related crisis.  Abby's going to be gone, so Jack can do Gwen propping duty on his own.  

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Spoiler pics for next week

And so it begins.  

Fuck all the way off Jack.  Abby dies and one of the first thing he does is go crying to fucking Gwen!?  The bitch who only got lucky in her MULTIPLE attempts on Abby's life?  Seriously, go straight to hell Jack.  You really are starting off on the right foot as far as honoring Abby's memory aren't you?  

The audacity of this bitch Gwen.  Last week she was plotting with Leo to destroy her and then today once again it was more threatening, but she's going to play it up with Jack like she really gives a shit.  Somebody please get rid of this wench.  Jack is done.  Completely ruined as any believable version of himself for this bitch.

He can't do this same scene with Steve?  Justin?  Couldn't bring JJ back for him to grieve with.  Nope.  He's going to go sniffling to fucking Gwen.  Why?  To build tension because Gwen MAY have murdered Abby or helped the person who did?  They won't pull the trigger and have Gwen ACTUALLY be the one who did it because they obviously are still trying to prop her and force the audience to care about her.  Jack wouldn't care any way if she did.  He'd just excuse it like he's done everything else.  Option B: He'll get mad and think she did it for a minute and then come crawling back later apologizing for doubting her innocence.

But I guess Gwen will the only one who cares about Jack in all of this.  That he has NO one else besides her.  Utter foolishness . . . 

More for next week

So this will be ALL about Gwen it seems.  This will be her big redemption ya'll!  Abby dying will be her latest and greatest wake-up call that will spur her to be a better person.  She will cry to daddy that she wishes she would have done things differently and that she will be his bestest favorite daughter now.  You WILL love Gwen.  RC had to take Abby out to force it, but you WILL love her.  She is Jack's only surviving child so you HAVE TO LIKE HER.

Edited by KBrownie
More and more BS being revealed
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Fuck Ron Carlivati.

Fuck Ken Corday.

Fuck Gwen, Leo, and all other useless pieces of shit cluttering the canvas.

Just fuck this shitshow completely.

And no, I'm not angry because ABIGAIL dies, per se. I'm angry because it is now confirmed that ANOTHER CHARACTER WITH HISTORY is sacrificed for the shit that manages to stay on and keep floating to the top. Ron has killed Laura Horton - ANOTHER legacy character thanks to fucking GWEN. He has killed Abigail. He has killed David Banning off screen. He has killed Bill Horton off screen. He also killed Adrienne Johnson for uber-useless Bonnie Lockhart, because Ron cannot write layered characters - as Adrienne was - and only lives for cartoon camp, which Bonnie embodied.

Ron cares NOTHING for this show's history or its characters, only in so much as he can warp them (hi, Jack!) to sell his precious pets.

I hope this Abigail business goes down as well as the whole bit of "killing" Alice Horton and other long-time Salemites did (forcing the "Melaswen" crap. Obvious retcon to salvage a mess...), and I hope the backlash is enough to oust Ron so he can go clean toilets somewhere and a non-hack can at least TRY and write this show with the tiniest bit of respect for its past and its characters.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron cares NOTHING for this show's history or its characters, only in so much as he can warp them (hi, Jack!) to sell his precious pets.

The destruction of Jack is really something.  He's crying and holding hands with the person who only luck saved from killing the very person he's crying about.  This for sure won't be about him.  Just Gwen's supposed "guilty conscience."  But she surely won't reveal any of her latest plotting though.  Make it make sense . . . 

• Love 9

DOOL: "We don't take this lightly at all!"

Also DOOL: "We killed longtime lead character Laura offscreen to plump up a Z-list newbie character's narrative by inviting the actress back and not telling her what we had planned... and yeah, no, we haven't even made it clear to the audience what exactly went down because like...the stunt served its purpose and the rest is just details, right? So....yeah!"

• Love 8

DOOL: "We don't take this lightly at all!"

Also DOOL: "We've already 'killed' this character and brought her back once already....so....what we don't take lightly is getting to do it a 2nd time, woohoo! High five! Homerun, baby!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit that the show doesn't wanna bother with actors who don't want to work full time? Now, killing them seems a tad extreme but again it's Days so death means nothing anyway. I could easily see any/all of these people coming back eventually.

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit that the show doesn't wanna bother with actors who don't want to work full time? Now, killing them seems a tad extreme but again it's Days so death means nothing anyway. I could easily see any/all of these people coming back eventually.

I only wish that Galen Gehring didn't want to work full time.

Now I'm wondering if Duke the teddy bear got decapitated because he wanted time off to "pursue other opportunities."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

No, you're not alone. Been watching this show on and off since the early to mid 80s and feel like I've seen so many people come and go. Now adays it's even more common/easy to bring them back.  Heck, I waited over a decade or two to see Steve and Orpheus (two of my favs from the '80s) again when they were killed off.  I expect we'll see Abigail again in a few years. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Death meaning nothing is exactly why they shouldn't do it. This whole thing will be about Gwen anyway, their killing off a character we saw born and practically grow up on the show, it's just not the way imo, and you'd think they'd have learned that with Will.

• Love 9

As much as I'll miss Tripp at least he didn't stay dead from his jump through the church window and is able to leave town without his character trashed and on his own two feet. Let him come back again when they have a good story for him.

It's interesting that Ron and Co. were fine with using actors sporadically/part time as it fit their schedule and the story; it seemed to be one of the attractions for DOOL actors and worked for a time but I can also understand production needing to have consistency in their stable of actors as it comes to the pairings on the show and if those actors can't commit for an extended amount of time, then yeah the show must/will go on without them.  Killing them all off/having devastating break-ups would be a bit of a bummer but if there is balance to the 'deaths', break-ups, and throw in 'So and so has a great job in London so they're gonna commute for a while until we figure out what to do?' then it's better than nothing.  Sarah's disappearance was both good and bad IMO because it was a dramatic way to write out the actress/character for an extended period of time but given we really didn't know timing of her potential return it dragged from exciting to annoying to shrug I guess I'll care whenever she comes back-if she comes back. I feel for the writers - it ain't easy in many cases to write out actors/popular characters and especially if their unique chemistry with another actor makes a recast look very risky.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I have less sympathy.

Sarah was about to marry Xander and realistically there were six terrific reasons for her not to that could have given her cold feet at the last minute. A good writer would have used the plot that was already there to motivate her departure. She still could gave come back because she missed him even if he was a cad...but no, they arbitrarily gave us Kristen "wearing a mask" and Sarah kidnapped and...what was the flipping point of any of that?

Ron likes stunts. He knows which tropes are common in soaps but he clearly doesn't get what makes them work. He just beats them inro the ground and the characters stay the same regardless of death, abduction, infidelity, scandal, pregnancy or impersonation by evil twin. It all feels so pointless.

Similarly, Tripp was just used by two bi girls and had his murderous mother come back from the dead. That's plenty of stuff to chew on or motivate him to leave town....but it's undercooked.

Actor departures can help push stories in exciting directions - Sami as Stan was rather clever - if the writers know how to build.

Victor is rarely on the show now but has that been a story? Nope. Doug? Ditto. Maggie? Same. Will and Lucas yoyo in and out. There could be stories developed around each of them but....naw.

So yes I feel badly for writers when, for example, Missy bailed during the Peter storyline and they had to scramble because Jennifer was front-burner...or even when KA made her unexpected departure...but you can work with it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Well, other than JJ ...

JJ?  Who's that?  JJ doesn't seem to exist in RC's Salem.  He certainly hasn't been on Jack's radar since the retcon appeared.  

I will be SHOCKED if there's a mention of why he doesn't show up to grieve with his family.  HE should be the one his parents lean on and he them.  But there will be plenty of reaction and focus on the retcon to be sure.  She's going to console and be there for Daddy when just today she's ordering someone to stab Abby in the heart.   Abby is dead and JJ is MIA.  Just what RC wants.  The retcon front and center.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

JJ?  Who's that?  JJ doesn't seem to exist in RC's Salem.  He certainly hasn't been on Jack's radar since the retcon appeared.  

I will be SHOCKED if there's a mention of why he doesn't show up to grieve with his family.  HE should be the one his parents lean on and he them.  But there will be plenty of reaction and focus on the retcon to be sure.  She's going to console and be there for Daddy when just today she's ordering someone to stab Abby in the heart.   Abby is dead and JJ is MIA.  Just what RC wants.  The retcon front and center.

JJ, we'll be told, is "hiking in the Himalayas" or "taking a pasta making class in Palermo",  with other dozens of MIA Hortons and Bradys and characters who actually matter.  

At least Ben/Ollie and Ciara will be there to mourn and comfort, with Gwen only a prison phone call away.

• Love 5

Why couldn't Gwen have had her own family?

2 minutes ago, boes said:

At least Ben/Ollie and Ciara will be there to mourn and comfort

I can't wait to hear Ben's eulogy...

"I always loved...how flammable she seemed."

• Fire 2
  • LOL 7
14 minutes ago, boes said:

JJ, we'll be told, is "hiking in the Himalayas" or "taking a pasta making class in Palermo",  with other dozens of MIA Hortons and Bradys and characters who actually matter.  

At least Ben/Ollie and Ciara will be there to mourn and comfort, with Gwen only a prison phone call away.

I just can't believe how stupid and idiotic Jack is going to look crying about Abby to fucking Gwen.   This should be Steve.  Marlena.  John.  Any number of people that it would make sense he would share his grief about Abigail with if he felt he couldn't with Jennifer.  There ARE other people that matter to Jack besides Gwen.  It reeks of desperation to force people to believe there's some great bond between them and there's just NOT.  Jack just looks like a blubbering fool whenever he starts going on and on about Gwen.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

I just can't believe how stupid and idiotic Jack is going to look crying about Abby to fucking Gwen.   This should be Steve.  Marlena.  John.  Any number of people that it would make sense he would share his grief about Abigail with if he felt he couldn't with Jennifer.  There ARE other people that matter to Jack besides Gwen.  It reeks of desperation to force people to believe there's some great bond between them and there's just NOT.  Jack just looks like a blubbering fool whenever he starts going on and on about Gwen.

The only thing I can think of as to why Jack sees Gwen is the shock value when they bring back Abby. Think about it, Jack pours his heart out to Gwen only to learn she was responsible for Abby’s (fake) death. 

(I don’t know, maybe wishful thinking on my part. I really dislike Ron and his crappy decisions.) 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

The only thing I can think of as to why Jack sees Gwen is the shock value when they bring back Abby. Think about it, Jack pours his heart out to Gwen only to learn she was responsible for Abby’s (fake) death. 

(I don’t know, maybe wishful thinking on my part. I really dislike Ron and his crappy decisions.) 

But they've already been down this route with Jack in regards to Gwen.  There is no shock value.  The shock is just how much his character has suffered in service of trying to prop the flailing dud. 

She promises him that she's changed and will do better until she doesn't, he swears he done with her and he really means it this time, but just can't walk away because she's his daughter and he loves her, she does something even worse and the cycle starts all over again. 

We're currently in the "she does something even worse" phase.  We've already seen how this plays out.  There is no shock value.  Gwen does what she wants, cries some tears, and Jack laps it up and he's once again Gwen's fool.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can't wait to hear Ben's eulogy...

"I always loved...how flammable she seemed."

I fell out over this lol!

JJ not being around for Abigail's death sucks but I figure they tried to get CM back and it just didn't work. I guess they could have recast but that would have been a waste of time and money and they don't have much of either. And hell, even if they didn't ask him back I can hardly blame them because, again, they work with a shoestring budget and you have to pay actors lol.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm not bothered by it either in general in fact I understand it. There were many stories that suffered and characters shouldn't be in limbo if the other half has moved on. In this particular instance I think it's a bitch move to blame MM/KM for not wanting to be full time as Abby as the reason to kill her off when in reality he doesn't care about the character. The fact he's pretending otherwise when we see what they've done for everyone else is just laughable. Honestly it wouldn't be so bad for Chad/Abby to be in the backburner/recurring they would be familiar faces but wouldn't hog up the airtime.  

The only good thing about all of this for me is that JJ has been left out of it.

• Love 8

I'm glad if the show is no longer willing to work with actors who can't do the schedule needed of them.   We've seen how stories suffered because of this.  Look at Cin.  Now I wish they'd stop giving recurring characters so much screen time.  Give that time to actors on contract so that we get more depth to stories.  Though depth is asking too much of Ron. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I sort of do care in certain circumstances because I remember when the show released the whole cast when waiting on a renewal and during COVID.  I remember Corday's newfandangled plan to do cyclical storytelling which would move cast members off campus for the time being.  I remember how herky jerky the show is with certain characters/actors that, at some point, an actor has to make a decision for their life.  I respect Chandler for deciding he needs to do something to make a career. I'm sure he'd rather act full time but DOOL isn't giving him stability.  He has done a few Hallmark movies which, if he gets in on those, are probably more flexible because they can tell a whole story in 120 minutes. 

So if they're going to ask for flexibility from their actors to come and go, I wish they could be more intentional in giving their actors flexibility for scheduling. 

I'm not talking about Victoria who they clearly have bent over backwards for and would have her front and center (although if rumors are correct, scheduling isn't the primary issue for her).  But I am thinking about someone like Marci.  Couldn't get her on a cycle, especially with the way they film, to keep her around?  It's not like this Chad and Abby are as popular as KM Abby and Chad. 

They could put her in a different relationship. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5

I sure wish that they wouldn't let the Sami character come and go as she pleases if they are going to make that statement about others. That really puts the EJ character in a. bind. Lucas, too, although they ruined him so there is no other person for Sami except EJ. Until she leaves again. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Meanwhile Chloe and Brady are both on contract and available full time but when did we last see them? Not that I'm complaining 

You have a point there what is the criteria for contract vs non contract and storylines. Maybe we'll see them later in the year. However one would think Brady/Chloe would be in a storyline involving his sister and cousin.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

You have a point there what is the criteria for contract vs non contract and storylines. Maybe we'll see them later in the year. However one would think Brady/Chloe would be in a storyline involving his sister and cousin.

I remember when Lindsey left they mentioned that her contract guaranteed her a certain amount of days per week which was higher than other actors, which is why we would see random Sarah hospital scenes to fulfill that in addition to her main stuff with Xander

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I don’t feel much sympathy for the show. Like others have mentioned, they’ve bent over backwards for VK. And if, allegedly, there wasn’t an interpersonal issue between her and RSW, they’d still be accommodating her. I can get not wanting to work with someone who doesn’t want to commit at all, and just come and go as they please - again VK. But that doesn’t seem to be the issue with MM. She just wanted a more flexible schedule. And given one of the reasons KA left was they told her they planned on phasing certain characters in and out (and she wasn’t interested in that) I’m not sure why they couldn’t do that for MM and are now conveniently using her as a shield against backlash for killing off her character. And, what’s even funnier, is they have plenty of actors who would like to work more - KA, BD, LA, etc - but they let them go, bring them back on a recurring basis, or outright fire them.

• Love 7
On 6/11/2022 at 1:53 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Brady was seen last week with Eric. Nadia has been doing a movie so that’s why Chloe has been “visiting her son”. She’s back next week.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Brady was seen last week with Eric. Nadia has been doing a movie so that’s why Chloe has been “visiting her son”. She’s back next week.

Finally Chloe remembers she has a son.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1