Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)

it was a who is the daddy when the audience barely cared about two newish character and the character that we have known for years who was mercifully removed from that mess of a story.

With just Lani and Eli waiting for the baby to be born, we had no reason to get invested when they did nothing these past few months a to give to generate any interest.

Killing the baby will give them a chance to play up the drama but as not many are invested in this pairing and the actors are mediocre at best. It will be fast forward material for me.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3

I can't bear the thought of Sami carrying Rafe's kid because of their ONS. Melodramatic much? Their "affair" was not important enough to drive story for over a year, thank you very much...

• Love 6

Week of June 25

Monday June 25:

Chad is happily surprised when Abigail returns home and shares good news with him.

Tuesday June 26:

Kayla tells Stefan her theory about Kate, but he wants proof.

Wednesday June 27:

Ben and Ciara grow closer.

Thursday June 28:

Abigail confides in Gabi that she’s pregnant and unsure of the paternity.

Hope tells Rafe she believes Ciara is with Ben Weston.

Friday June 29:

Tensions arise between Theresa, Eve, and Brady as Tate’s custody hearing begins.

• Love 4

How is Theresa going to get custody of Tate. She has been gone for 18 months. She has no proof that she was being held captive. No judge would take away Tate from Brady. He has been the consistent parent.  The judge would give her visitation rights, but, not sole custody over Brady. It is very hard for a biological mother to lose all rights to her kids, unless, she is a shitty mother. Even then, the courts would try their best to reunite a mother with her children. This story is just going to make Theresa look bad.

• Love 3

I think that's the goal. Ron is working overtime to make her seem completely unsympathetic to Brady and Eve. It's not working obviously but there you go.

So they're really doing a Who's The Daddy storyline with Abigail Chad and Stefan? Yipes. And here I thought that when Ron came aboard he had figured out how to use Abigail in the narrative, or rather what narratives not to use Abigail in. I couldn't care less how many babies she has. She sucks. No sympathy from me. I hope Gabby gets to land all the punches Sami did not.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

How is Theresa going to get custody of Tate. She has been gone for 18 months. She has no proof that she was being held captive. No judge would take away Tate from Brady. He has been the consistent parent.  The judge would give her visitation rights, but, not sole custody over Brady. It is very hard for a biological mother to lose all rights to her kids, unless, she is a shitty mother. Even then, the courts would try their best to reunite a mother with her children. This story is just going to make Theresa look bad.

Maybe she could use his most recent substance abuse. We all know she wouldn't win in the real world, but for show purposes she'll probably win initially and use it to try to blackmail Brady back into bed before she is somehow foiled by Eve, the love of Brady's life this quarter. Hanging Tate over Brady's head got rid of Melanie, after all. 

Basically, I'm going to need Theresa to sleep with JJ all over town, get her mojo back, then head out of Salem preferably with Tate just to stick it to Brady and Eve. 

• Love 7

Week of July 2

Monday July 2:

Will and Leo have a physical altercation.

Tuesday July 3:

Kayla opens up to Marlena about her deal with Stefan.

Wednesday July 4:

Eve brings a surprise witness to Tate's custody hearing.

Thursday July 5:

Ciara is concerned as Ben becomes increasingly unglued without his medication.

Friday July 6:

Rafe and Hope question Clyde about Ben.

Brady is on the hot seat when he's implicated in Deimos' murder.

• Love 3

I'm actually glad there having Ben struggle with his mental illness and he's not better just because he's free.

it would be nice if Shane and Kimberly would show up for the custody hearing but I don't see that happening.

• Love 3
(edited)

The way this return is going, I don't expect Theresa to come back again. She snd Shane definitely need some scenes together to address the way he apparently did nothing to help her in Mexico.

Yay - Clyde's back.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I'm actually glad there having Ben struggle with his mental illness and he's not better just because he's free.

it would be nice if Shane and Kimberly would show up for the custody hearing but I don't see that happening.

Ron and the show do not care about Kim and Shane.  They have never mined the ugly history that existed between Victor and Kim/Shane in regards to, Theresa and Brady dating.  Theresa's predicament with the drug lord could have ushered in her big brother Andrew.  

• Love 2

I'm not bothered by Kimberly not being there since Patsy Pease's acting has been pretty bad during her last few appearances. It would be nice if they did bring Shane on to explain why they just left Theresa down there for so long since he and Kim seemed to know why she left. That's how I remember it anyway. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I'm not bothered by Kimberly not being there since Patsy Pease's acting has been pretty bad during her last few appearances. It would be nice if they did bring Shane on to explain why they just left Theresa down there for so long since he and Kim seemed to know why she left. That's how I remember it anyway. 

The actor who plays Shane has said, in the past, that he will only come back, unless, he gets a minimum of 5 episodes and more. That could be why Shane is not in the story.  Charles works primarily in Theatre. 

Not only was Patsy pretty bad, her plastic surgery was really bad.  I was distracted by her face.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

The two spoilers for Monday July 2:

"Will and Leo have a physical altercation. "  and  "Leo offers Sonny a chance to make the lawsuit disappear"  are making me grin--I hope this means Will and/or Sonny punches Leo out for being such a horrible person  Will and Sonny took way too much crap off of Nick, so I like that Leo might be facing some street justice, Salem style:):)

And I'm confused about Ben--would the mental hospital really release him without his medication or at least had given him a scrip to get more anti-psychotic pills?

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The two spoilers for Monday July 2:

"Will and Leo have a physical altercation. "  and  "Leo offers Sonny a chance to make the lawsuit disappear"  are making me grin--I hope this means Will and/or Sonny punches Leo out for being such a horrible person  Will and Sonny took way too much crap off of Nick, so I like that Leo might be facing some street justice, Salem style:):)

And I'm confused about Ben--would the mental hospital really release him without his medication or at least had given him a scrip to get more anti-psychotic pills?

Ben's release makes no sense. He should be in a mental hospital for the rest of his life, if not, prison. He knew exactly what he was doing, when he murdered 3 women, attempted to kill, Will, Marlena, Abigail and Chad. He also committed arson and kidnapped a baby. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe Abby's reputation for screwing around with men - literally - made the board sympathetic?

Lets get real - Abby should also be locked up for life or at least 30 years or so after nearly killing three people via assault and asphyxiation, to say nothing of actually killing someone via assault. And maybe for faking her death, which is a crime, and setting a mental hospital on fire.

Stefan should be in jail for aiding and abetting, and possibly rape as well.

Hell, I can't wrap my head around how Marlena hasn't lost her license for injecting random shit into Will.

There's a high quotient of WTF in Salem.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 13

It just occurred to me that maybe Theresa points the finger at Brady for Deimos' murder and Nicole comes back because she either rescue's Brady (who doesn't want to admit he forced her out of town) or because Brady confesses.  Xander knows the truth.  We see Theresa is bringing it up at the custody hearing.  I think that's part of the plan.  Or some variation on that theme.

• Love 5

I may be unpopular for saying this: But Theresa - if she does - accusing Brady of murder doesn't at all seem like character assassination to me. Theresa was not exactly Ms. Squeaky Clean when she arrived on this show. And she almost killed someone herself. Actually, I'd say she and Brady are on a level playing field as far as being horrible people go.

Tate has no chance.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe Abby's reputation for screwing around with men - literally - made the board sympathetic?

Lets get real - Abby should also be locked up for life or at least 30 years or so after nearly killing three people via assault and asphyxiation, to say nothing of actually killing someone via assault. And maybe for faking her death, which is a crime, and setting a mental hospital on fire.

Stefan should be in jail for aiding and abetting, and possibly rape as well.

Hell, I can't wrap my head around how Marlena hasn't lost her license for injecting random shit into Will.

There's a high quotient of WTF in Salem.

And let's not forget Marlena's interpretation of Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

(edited)
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I may be unpopular for saying this: But Theresa - if she does - accusing Brady of murder doesn't at all seem like character assassination to me. Theresa was not exactly Ms. Squeaky Clean when she arrived on this show. And she almost killed someone herself. Actually, I'd say she and Brady are on a level playing field as far as being horrible people go.

Tate has no chance.

It is funny to me how Theresa was modeled after Sami, but, Sami, for all of her flaws has never tried to kill somebody, like Theresa. She never even tried to kill Kate and Lucas. They have tried to kill her. She has used violence, in self-defense, when she shot her rapist and in defense of others, when she killed that guy, to save Rafe.  The show botched Theresa's characterization from jump, by making her, like Sami, without, giving her, any motivations. Sami had lots of reasons to act out and that is why she was so popular.  Plus, it was a slow progression. She was not a bitch out the gate, like Theresa. The writers, back then, always knew, to keep Sami viable, at her worst.  There were some lines that cannot be cross.  The writers never bothered to do that with Theresa. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, MsTree said:

And let's not forget Marlena's interpretation of Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

If only I could forget that crap! The possession garbage drove me away for years. I know many hailed James E. Reilly as some savior (admittedly, the ratings were good for that), but I'll forever resent him making Days into such campy idiocy - from which the show never really seemed to recover from.

Yes, the '80s had some far-out stuff, too, but there also seemed to be...I don't know, heart or something that still managed to keep things somewhat grounded.

• Love 2
(edited)

I know what you mean. The outlandish stuff was fun and well written, but it changed the tone of the show forever.

I may be unpopular for saying this: But Theresa - if she does - accusing Brady of murder doesn't at all seem like character assassination to me. Theresa was not exactly Ms. Squeaky Clean when she arrived on this show. And she almost killed someone herself. Actually, I'd say she and Brady are on a level playing field as far as being horrible people go.

I can't defend her trying to force Brady into marriage and then making him think he nearly killed his father when she was the one swinging. And then her nearly injecting stuff into John's IV to off him? That's awful stuff. But, it was clear Theresa was into drugs and causing trouble for the hell of it back then. Heck, she'd apparently dated a drug lord. She was pretty messed up. Once her stupidity landed her at Kristen's castle about to be killed, she seemed to smarten up some. She wanted a stable life for Tate with them as good parents. The partying stopped and she faced up to the consequences repeatedly, accepting people's disdain while starting a business. That's a hell of a lot more growth than we've ever seen from, say, Abby or even Brady, who thinks it's fine to abuse alcohol with a young son to raise.

The writing did screw with Theresa but they corrected course pretty decently. I hate seeing her reduced to the worst her character had to offer, especially when JL is so committed and entertaining.

Why does Brady get a pass for being evil? Sure, he never killed someone but man...he crapped all over Theresa for months, even after they became coparents. And he keeps getting back into bed with her! And he's the one who relapses into addiction constantly, but she's the bad influence?

Dude, if you think she's so toxic you had like a dozen chances to walk away politely. Instead, you knocked her up and begrudgingly got back together with her and then, when she bizarrely melted down, you just went and got with her business partner and then her sister. A man of morals, to be sure.

Apples and oranges, perhaps, but my point is he's in no position to judge. She may have done worse things, but there came a point where she stopped. She hasn't fallen back into those behaviors. The Chloe thing made complete sense, regardless of how it was framed. Victor should have reminded the angry villagers that even he had no way of getting to Mateo. Theresa's been a good gal since fall 2015, far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

She may have done worse things, but there came a point where she stopped. She hasn't fallen back into those behaviors. The Chloe thing made complete sense, regardless of how it was framed. Victor should have reminded the angry villagers that even he had no way of getting to Mateo. Theresa's been a good gal since fall 2015, far as I'm concerned.

DisneyBoy, I need to marry this post and have it's babies :):)  Theresa did some horrible things but once she knew Tate was alive and needed her, she started to change and become a good person.  She hadn't done anything remotely villainous in years and her sacrificing her family to protect them from Mateo was damn heroic.  Does the show seriously want us to think she's the bad guy?

And if Brady now has to pay for all of the times he's treated women like crap, especially when he forced Nicole out of town, then so be it.  Also, his "recovery" was always perilous, any crisis he encountered, his addictive personality would take over and you'd see him hitting the bottle.  Yet somehow, Theresa is the person that forced him to use drugs and drink--how does that work exactly?

• Love 10

Why does Brady get a pass for being evil? Sure, he never killed someone but man...he crapped all over Theresa for months, even after they became coparents. And he keeps getting back into bed with her! And he's the one who relapses into addiction constantly, but she's the bad influence?

Not to mention his blackmailing Nicole to get her to leave town just so she couldn't be happy with Eric.

• Love 4
On 6/14/2018 at 2:34 PM, Chick2Chic said:

I am not a fan of the baby dying. I'm still worn out from watching Nicole go through a bunch of these dead baby stories. 

They should've just made the baby JJ's. Now I feel like all of this [lackluster] Eli and Lani baby drama was for nothing, even moreso that the two characters don't seem interested in being with each other. I'm just wondering what the whole point of this baby storyline is. 

Now I am very curious why this dead baby story was forced on RC.

Could it be that Corday wanted to cut the ties between Lani and ELi completely.

• Love 1

Was it forced? I assumed this would be the outcome from Day One.

We can all see that Sal is struggling to make any impression on the show. She signed a long-term contract and my guess is this story was designed just to kill time until she can make her long overdue exit. The character of Lani was in no way sufficiently involved with either JJ or Eli to warrant saddling her with a baby. The way Ron wrote this, he could have chosen to have her end up with either JJ or Eli (if one of those options generated some heat) or neither of them (which I assumed was the default). All of this was probably just done to see if they could stir up some interest from the viewers as to who Lani should actually be paired with.

At this point, she and JJ could get back together when he comforts her over her loss, or Eli could step up and show her that in spite of what's happened he has deepened feelings for her. Either cliche would work well towards building a more permanent coupling...if any of us gave a damn. Since no one seems to have cared all that much - big surprise - I suspect Lani will just sort of flit around until her contract is up and then leave.

Of course it's entirely possible Ron was forced to kill the baby, but a baby would have just been another burden for the casting department so I doubted very strongly it would even come to pass. I mean, now that she's lost her kid we all feel so much sympathy for Lani, right? Right? Don't you all want to see the Further Adventures of Lani now that she has this tragedy to motivate her to...um...do things?

DisneyBoy, I need to marry this post and have it's babies :):)  

Aww thanks! Glad I'm not alone. So....chicken or fish?

• Love 3

I wanted to see Lani and Eli's baby born alive.  I don't like dead baby stories. Personally, I wanted to see a young Black man on a soap loving and nurturing his child. We don't see that often on television. 

• Love 15

Apparently there is an article in the upcoming SOD about what happens between Sonny/Leo/Will. Leo attacks Will and starts strangling him (as pictured) and Sonny pulls Leo off of him. He tosses him to the side and Leo hits his head off the fireplace mantle and dies. WilSon then try to stage it to make it look like Leo was in a car accident to cover the murder lol. I don't think this will wreck Sonny's character, since it is essentially self-defence and it is pretty IN character for Sonny to go to such an extreme (although this is accidental) when it comes to Will. 

I'm actually looking forward to this. It's very soapy since Sonny who always regretted not being there to stop Ben from killing Will the first time, will come to his rescue in this situation. I just hate that they keep writing Will as weak. Hopefully, it plays out that he is shocked at being strangled and taken by surprise or perhaps he is having flashbacks as this is happening (hopefully) since I hate how other characters are shown walking all over him. Will is tough and was always a fighter. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

WTF...there's apparently a spoiler going around that Sonny kills Leo?

He did it to defend Will, Leo was strangling Will and Sonny tried to stop him. It was done in defense of somebody else.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

Okay.  That's a little better, then.  The cover-up that's going to follow . . . not so much.

I do think that this will start the bonding of Wilson. Paul will be the outsider in all of this. This is a secret that Wilson will share.  

• Love 5

I was liking it until I read about the cover-up. Ugh. Enough of those, please (Sami/Kate/Gabi, Hope/Rafe, Stefan/Abby, Nicole/Brady/Victor, etc).

Bonded through homicide! Ahhh Salem love.

Also, how many times is Will going to be strangled?!

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm actually pretty excited for the spoiler, which is weird since anything with the word "Sonny" in it usually makes me feel the opposite. The article apparently makes it sound really fun (the murder and cover-up), so it will probably be super soapy which checks all my personal entertainment boxes.  I can't wait to see where it goes, since I can't see Will telling Paul anytime soon. Although, according to BTS we got when CS was filming during this time and months later Will/Paul, should still be together after this so it will make that dynamic even more interesting too. I for sure think this is what Ron will use to draw WilSon closer together though. I also don't think Paul would be someone to make involved in this, since he's always been written as the classically "good" guy, more so than even Sonny and the conflict of interest of him being a PI. I adore Paul but he's pretty in the dark when it comes to the goings on in Salem. John even had to sit him down to explain that there was actually a good chance Will could be alive last Fall, when he was doubting the fact lol. 

Ugh. I wish they would stop strangling Will. I wonder if this is going to be his "thing" from now on. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 5

I'm torn.  There is something soapy about it, but I am also kinda over the trope of murder cover-ups as an aphrodisiac.  Ron did a baaad job of this with Anna and stupid Sloane on GH. 

But also, what ever happened to the days of schemers getting busted and just slinking off to lick their wounds?  Why does poor Leo have to die just because he wanted to pay off his student loans lol!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But also, what ever happened to the days of schemers getting busted and just slinking off to lick their wounds?  Why does poor Leo have to die just because he wanted to pay off his student loans lol!

And seriously, Leo's just graduated college, he's way to young and hot to have his life cut short :):)

I wonder if his second strangulation, along with injecting the lemon lime mad scientist serum, will be the final trigger for Will to get his memories back.  That would make things weirdly full circle--in a way.

• Love 6

Week of July 9:

Days spoilers for Monday July 9:

As the fire spreads at the cabin, Ciara passes out.

Days spoilers for Tuesday July 10:

Eve encourages Brady to throw Nicole under the bus to clear his name.

Days spoilers for Wednesday July 11:

Sonny and Will are desperate to figure out what happened to Leo.

Gabi experiences excruciating pain and is rushed to the hospital.

Days spoilers for Thursday July 12:

Kayla delivers devastating news to Gabi.

Days spoilers for Friday July 13:

JJ makes a stunning announcement at the hearing.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So Leo's body is going to disappear?

I'm guessing Leo isn't actually dead, like what happened with Nick a couple of years ago.

I hope he gets his "I Know What You Did Last Summer" on and makes Sonny miserable.

• Love 3
(edited)

So Gabi's going to get some horrible news--can't the woman have a little peace before getting tortured again?

And what the hell is Victor doing, siding with Eve to help her and Brady get custody of Tate?   And Theresa, the worst person who ever worsted, actually feels guilt for hurting Brady but we're still supposed to think Eve and Brady have the moral high ground?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And what the hell is Victor doing, siding with Eve to help her and Brady get custody of Tate?   And Theresa, the worst person who ever worsted, actually feels guilt for hurting Brady but we're still supposed to think Eve and Brady have the moral high ground?

I think Victor would have stayed out of it if Theresa wasn't going for sole custody. Sure, Victor thinks Brady is an idiot but he is still his idiot grandson.

• Love 5