Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Not probably dead. Dead as in dead as a dodo. And therefore, I had no choice but to try to move on as best as I could for my own emotional stability. (which is not the same as getting over it). Nope, Mary won't blame Dean. She'll understand.

I’m not sure where else to put this, but Cas coming back is a spoiler. People avoiding spoilers don’t know yes coming back. Please stop referencing it in the episode threads. Luckily, he’s coming back in episode 3 (I think) so this is a short-term request. Thank you. 

Really, show? REALLY??

Fuck this noise. Seriously? Castiel is going to make a deal with fucking Lucifer about Jack? I hate this already. Why is the show doing this to Castiel? I hope this is just a bunch of stupid hyperbole or nonsense but this is just crapola.

Supernatural: Misha Collins previews Castiel's 'deal with the devil'

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/16/supernatural-misha-collins-castiel-lucifer/

So far, we know that Supernatural fans will first see Castiel in episode 3. And we know that he’ll be reunited with the Winchesters (and Jack) by episode 6. But that won’t be the only reunion awaiting Castiel in season 13.

“There’s some stuff where he’s interacting with Lucifer quite a bit,” co-showrunner Robert Singer tells EW. Whether that means Castiel is in the apocalypse world or something else altogether, the angel is going to come face-to-face with the man who (most recently) killed him. “When we find Cas and Lucifer together, he says, ‘I’m a little on edge because the last time we were together you killed me,'” Collins teases.

But once the two get past their differences — to put it lightly — the interaction will serve a crucial purpose in terms of story. In this case, it’s what Collins says is “literally a deal with the devil.” According to Collins, the two are going to work together toward a common goal. “It’s Jack-related stuff,” Collins adds.

Why would they EVER get past their differences? Fucking Lucifer murdered Castiel. Screw you, Singer/Dabb et al. I'm pissed about this

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Really, show? REALLY??

Fuck this noise. Seriously? Castiel is going to make a deal with fucking Lucifer about Jack? I hate this already. Why is the show doing this to Castiel? I hope this is just a bunch of stupid hyperbole or nonsense but this is just crapola.

Supernatural: Misha Collins previews Castiel's 'deal with the devil'

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/16/supernatural-misha-collins-castiel-lucifer/

Why would they EVER get past their differences? Fucking Lucifer murdered Castiel. Screw you, Singer/Dabb et al. I'm pissed about this

Do you remember last season when I said that Dabb hates Castiel and only let’s him stay around to drive the plot via screwing up? I think this just proves my point... -sigh- 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Lucifer tortured Sam and killed Gabriel.  Gadreel killed Kevin.  Crowley killed Sarah.  Metatron killed Dean.    That never stopped them from working together.  

Edited by ahrtee
I keep remembering more murders...
  • Love 2
Just now, Wayward Son said:

Do you remember last season when I said that Dabb hates Castiel and only let’s him stay around to drive the plot via screwing up? I think this just proves my point... -sigh-

I think Dabb is creatively bankrupt and cares about one character in the show and that's Lucifer. He's obsessed with Lucifer and has created this neverending nightmare of a Lucifer SL via Jack.

At least Castiel is tied to Jack by virtue of Jack declaring Castiel to be his father. Sam is tied to Lucifer as his OTV,  and Jack via his "I, too, have felt tainted and wrong. I will help you not feel that way". 

Meanwhile...Dean will....../crickets.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think Dabb is creatively bankrupt and cares about one character in the show and that's Lucifer. He's obsessed with Lucifer and has created this neverending nightmare of a Lucifer SL via Jack.

At least Castiel is tied to Jack by virtue of Jack declaring Castiel to be his father. Sam is tied to Lucifer as his OTV,  and Jack via his "I, too, have felt tainted and wrong. I will help you not feel that way". 

The only way I could see myself accepting this storyline is if there’s something wrong with Jack! As in his powers get out of control, through no fault of Jack’s own, or his health declines or something like that and only Lucifer can help save him. I think that scenario could work without character asssassinating Cas especially if he sees Jack as a son.

However, knowing Dabb and Co they’ll go for idiot Cas making a deal in circumstances only the most naive of people would make it.

ETA: Im also going to call bullshit on Misha’s claims they’ll be united and on the same page this season. It’s Dabb, there’s no way this deal doesn’t cause friction with Sam and Dean. -sigh- I really wish Misha wouldn’t be a liar who lies. 

Edited by Wayward Son
(edited)
22 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Lucifer tortured Sam and killed Gabriel.  Gadreel killed Kevin.  Crowley killed Sarah.  Metatron killed Dean.    That never stopped them from working together.  

I hated all of those plotlines. I hated Lucifer working with them.  Same with Metatron. I wanted Crowley dead after he killed Sarah and turned Dean into a demon. Crowley and the boys always used each other so it's not like there was any real meeting of the minds. Dean thanked Crowley for saving Cas so Crowley got a pass for a little bit,  but as soon as Dean thought Crowley let Lucifer out of the Cage he was going to kill him.

But this, with Lucifer and Castiel? Nope, I'm sick of Cas being made to look a fool. Lucifer is an absolute piece of shit who I  hate with the fire of 1000 suns.

I hope it was Lucifer to whom Dean said "I will be the one that kills you"  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Edited by catrox14
12 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The only way I could see myself accepting this storyline is if there’s something wrong with Jack! As in his powers get out of control, through no fault of Jack’s own, or his health declines or something like that and only Lucifer can help save him. I think that scenario could work without character asssassinating Cas especially if he sees Jack as a son.

Remember when they were all aboard the remove Jack's grace so they wouldn't have to kill him train, including Cas? If his powers get out of control, maybe they should consider de-gracing him rather than working with fucking Lucifer. Have I mentioned how much I loathe Lucifer??

IMO the only way a SAVE JACK scenario makes sense is if Jack's declining health threatens the planet, like when Chuck was dying...wait...that's totally what's going to happen.

I'm still rooting for Jack and Jesse to have battle. LOL

I just had a thought.... wasn’t there pictures at one point of Lucifer and Castiel stood outside the portal to heaven? What if the angels kidnap Jack and the two of them work together to free him from their clutches? The only problem with this is that Lucifer have have the power to storm into heaven without the aid of Castiel, but when does logic stop these writers? 

29 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Gadreel killed Kevin. 

I still get annoyed when I think about how Carver had Sam call Gadreel a "real friend." No, no he isn't. He's an ally at best. More of an enemy of my enemy. But he killed Kevin, screwed with your head, read your private thoughts and used them against you, threatened to kill you, among other crappy things. He's not a "real friend." Why did they make poor Sam say that? And are we really supposed to but that bullcrap?

I think Gadreel was Carver's Lucifer, except thankfully he didn't stay around as long.

Though at least I like to hate Lucifer. Carver made me actually feel sorry for Gadreel. I didn't want to feel sorry for Gadreel. I wanted to just hate the bastard.

Just now, Wayward Son said:

The only problem with this is that Lucifer have have the power to storm into heaven without the aid of Castiel, but when does logic stop these writers? 

Well, maybe after the last time Lucifer did that, the angels took precautions?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Dean will.... drive the car (mostly), stumble around a case scene breaking things, say son-of-a-bitch now and then, and apologize a lot.

Once more with feeling: Dabb is the worst thing that ever happened to this show.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8

So. Here's a thought. Maybe Michael kills Lucifer and he gets sent to the empty or wherever that is and that's where he sees Cas and they strike some kind of a bargain in the empty to get out together. Cas promises to let Lucifer see Jack but then Cas double crosses him?

I can live with that

Based on the picture of Mark and Misha filming outside the portal to Heaven* and the info that the deals “related to Jack”. Here is my personal spec. 

Castiel and Jack are somewhere outside of the bunker bonding and getting to know one another** A group of angels storm in and kidnap Jack without Cas being able to do anything about it and comment on the fact they’re taking him to heaven. Cas seeks out Lucifer for help on getting him back since he’s the only one with the juice needed to storm heaven. 

* This photo was taken during the filming of episode 7, which will be a BuckLemming episode. I’m fairly certain however it goes down Cas willbe shown in the worst light possible because it’s Bucklemming lol

** This is assuming Jack is still interested in Cas by his return. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if his reaction to Cas’ return is basically a shrug before going back to trying to impress his new daddy Sam. 

Edited by Wayward Son

Moved from the regular spoilers thread because, well, bitter.

Why do the writers keep mining stories (and angst in particular) from long-dead SLs?  It's bad enough when they bring in individual actions they've outgrown (like Dean eating with his mouth full or being a horndog)  but do they have to dredge up 12-year-old emotions?  (Are they going to have Dean start in worshipping John again, or Sam accusing him of being a mindless soldier?)  Sheesh.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Moved from the regular spoilers thread because, well, bitter.

Why do the writers keep mining stories (and angst in particular) from long-dead SLs?  It's bad enough when they bring in individual actions they've outgrown (like Dean eating with his mouth full or being a horndog)  but do they have to dredge up 12-year-old emotions?  (Are they going to have Dean start in worshipping John again, or Sam accusing him of being a mindless soldier?)  Sheesh.  

Dabb is hitting bullet points from s1 through 5.

I thought it was "interesting that Jared talked about IF John returned that Sam would have a bone to pick where that bone was picked, the marrow sucked out and discarded in s1 before John died. There is no reason for Sam to do that again.

Unless they want Sam toake speech about how bad a father John was so he can be a better father to Jack. Oh that's totally what's going to happen.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dabb is hitting bullet points from s1 through 5.

I thought it was "interesting that Jared talked about IF John returned that Sam would have a bone to pick where that bone was picked, the marrow sucked out and discarded in s1 before John died. There is no reason for Sam to do that again.

Unless they want Sam toake speech about how bad a father John was so he can be a better father to Jack. Oh that's totally what's going to happen.

Maybe Sam wants the chance to tell John how badly his decisions affected his brother, how Dean was parentified at a young age, how he was taught his value in life was wrapped up in how well he protected his little brother, how he ended up going to Hell, etc...

Hehehe. I crack myself up.

• Love 5
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe Sam wants the chance to tell John how badly his decisions affected his brother, how Dean was parentified at a young age, how he was taught his value in life was wrapped up in how well he protected his little brother, how he ended up going to Hell, etc...

Hehehe. I crack myself up.

I actually think that could happen but it would be in context of Sams life in some way. And I don't want Sam to speak for Dean either. Dean needs his own words to John.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I actually think that could happen but it would be in context of Sams life in some way. And I don't want Sam to speak for Dean either. Dean needs his own words to John.

Yeah, that's where the bitter comes in. You know Sam wouldn't champion Dean in the same way Dean championed him to Mary.

• Love 3

I want Sam to speak for Sam. Dean can speak for himself. He did just fine with Mary and with John.  If anything, Dean was harsher with her than Sam was allowed to be.

Edited by shang yiet
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, shang yiet said:

I want Sam to speak for Sam. Dean can speak for himself. He did just fine with Mary and with John.  If anything, Dean was harsher with her than Sam was allowed to be.

Except Dean didn't speak for himself - they took that and made it all about Sam. And I don't recall a single time Sam ever took up for Dean, defended or praised him to another person in the entire run of the show, so I don't expect that will change any time soon, so no fear.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, shang yiet said:

I don't understand what you mean by Dean was harsher with her than Sam was allowed to be? Sam was never harsh with Mary because IMO he didn't see her as being "wrong" per se. Dean was the one with the primary issues with Mary not Sam. So why would Sam be harsh with her, when he didn't want to be? Like to me, Sam's sympathies were very much with Mary so he wasn't going to be harsh with her.

Sam already spoke for himself about himself to John in s1.

I'm not saying that's going to be a thing that happens at all but I just found it interesting that when Jensen was asked at a con about Dean meeting John again, Jared interrupted Jensen and went on to speak about what Sam would do. I thought it was a really strange thing and Jensen never even answered the question from Dean's POV, that I can recall. So it does make me wonder if the show will get JDM for a cameo of some kind for Sam's story.

10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Except Dean didn't speak for himself - they took that and made it all about Sam. And I don't recall a single time Sam ever took up for Dean, defended or praised him to another person in the entire run of the show, so I don't expect that will change any time soon, so no fear.

The only time Sam has praised Dean really clearly to the audience is when it's just he and Dean. Oh and Lucifer when he said he would always bet on Dean (which eh...debatable!).

Otherwise, I can't really think of Sam doing that with other people. Maybe Jody in Time after Time? I might be missing something though, TBF.

• Love 3

I just want Dean left out of Sam`s new "Jack is me" thing. If he makes it all about himself, fine, but that should be his issue. Don`t want Dean having to defend himself. But unfortunately I foresee the usual stupid scenes of wangst springing from that. If they want to, Sam can discuss it with Cas once he is back. Find something else for Dean, like preferably Michael.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The only time Sam has praised Dean really clearly to the audience is when it's just he and Dean. Oh and Lucifer when he said he would always bet on Dean (which eh...debatable!).

Otherwise, I can't really think of Sam doing that with other people. Maybe Jody in Time after Time? I might be missing something though, TBF.

Yep, he's praised Dean when he's dying/dead, and when he wanted something (to be the one to do the trials) or trying to save his skin (Brother's Keeper), but I don't recall him ever doing it with another person.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

Catrox - Why shouldn't Sam still have issues with John? Is Dean done with his issues? No.

And I did want Sam to be harsher with Mary. I wanted him to be allowed to get angry with her and let loose just like Dean was allowed to. Dean was able to speak for himself so no fear he won't be able to do so again should they ever bring John back.

• Love 4

I personally don't want them to revisit any of this crap.  It's been years now, the world's almost ended multiple times, and they've met God...I would hope that would be enough to get them both past whatever issues they might have with both their father and mother.  It's time to move on.

I have zero interest in Lucifer, but since they're supposedly bringing back Michael as the new Big Bad, then it stands to reason that they'll have to change Lucifer somehow.  Having him align with Cas and the Winchesters to take out Michael makes sense.  They have to do something with his character because he's boring.  This makes as much sense as anything else.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, shang yiet said:

Catrox - Why shouldn't Sam still have issues with John? Is Dean done with his issues? No.

And I did want Sam to be harsher with Mary. I wanted him to be allowed to get angry with her and let loose just like Dean was allowed to. Dean was able to speak for himself so no fear he won't be able to do so again should they ever bring John back.

I was of the opinion that he had resolved his issues with John in s1, which always seemed to be centered around John being  pissed at him for leaving which was the primary thing Sam brought up. IMO, Sam actually did get in John's face and told him where to get off and then they found a meeting of the minds.

Dean has never confronted John about the burdens he put on Dean. So for me that would be completely new ground for Dean.

I understand you wanted Sam to be harsher with Mary but I don't really know why character wise he would have done that when it seemed to me he was happy to have Mary in whatever way he could have her because he never had her at all. He said that Mary just being there filled in the biggest blank in his life. He did tell Mary to leave the bunker even if he didn't yell at her for that. But Sam isn't really a yeller or hardass so I guess I don't know why he would be that way with Mary. He was the peacemaker between them so to me reading her the riot act wouldn't comport with Sam the Peacemaker. 

Maybe in s13 will find out that Sam has some buried resentments when they go to the grief counselor case.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was of the opinion that he had resolved his issues with John in s1, which always seemed to be centered around John being  pissed at him for leaving which was the primary thing Sam brought up. IMO, Sam actually did get in John's face and told him where to get off and then they found a meeting of the minds.

Dean has never confronted John about the burdens he put on Dean. So for me that would be completely new ground for Dean.

I understand you wanted Sam to be harsher with Mary but I don't really know why character wise he would have done that when it seemed to me he was happy to have Mary in whatever way he could have her because he never had her at all. He said that Mary just being there filled in the biggest blank in his life. He did tell Mary to leave the bunker even if he didn't yell at her for that. But Sam isn't really a yeller or hardass so I guess I don't know why he would be that way with Mary. He was the peacemaker between them so to me reading her the riot act wouldn't comport with Sam the Peacemaker. 

Maybe in s13 will find out that Sam has some buried resentments when they go to the grief counselor case.

The conversation I would have liked to hear from Sam instead of just the blanket forgiveness would have been one of explaining why he forgave Mary for everything she had done that screwed up his life.  Just like Dean did in Mary's perfect world/dream.  I would have loved to hear Sam say "I don't need to forgive you mom.  Everything that has happened to me in my life were because of my choices.   I was the one who chose the path I ended up on.  I can't and won't ever blame you."

• Love 3

Is anyone else feeling like they're giving too much away? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we almost saw everything that happened in 13x01 coming....

If it's not in the sypnosis, it's in the promo, and it kind of takes away the joy of being surprised. I for one wouldn't have minded if they didn't mention Billie, but just an "Unexpected source"

Don't get me wrong, I really like reading vague spoilers and maybe some more onvious ones, but I don't want them giving everything away. We knew Cas is coming back, but did they have to give away the exact episode AND scene of his return?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, sarvenaz said:

Don't get me wrong, I really like reading vague spoilers and maybe some more onvious ones, but I don't want them giving everything away. We knew Cas is coming back, but did they have to give away the exact episode AND scene of his return?

This is why I suspect that "Cas" won't be our Cas. It's too out there. There has to be a catch.

1 hour ago, sarvenaz said:

Is anyone else feeling like they're giving too much away? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we almost saw everything that happened in 13x01 coming....

If it's not in the sypnosis, it's in the promo, and it kind of takes away the joy of being surprised. I for one wouldn't have minded if they didn't mention Billie, but just an "Unexpected source"

I  think they are getting too carried away with all their "awesome" guest stars.  They want to promote them so badly they are giving away the entire plot.  And you are right.  There was nothing in the premiere that was a surprise.  We knew going in everything that was going to happen (well with the exception of Clark getting stabbed).  It's kind of frustrating.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm sure there are more, but I can think of a few times...

• Sam quite emphatically took up for Dean to John in "In My Time of Dying"
  • Weirdly to Meg, somewhat, in "Scarecrow" when Sam assures Meg that Dean would never not answer a call from him, and when he insists "He's my family."
  • Twice in "All Hell Breaks Loose, Pt 1" - once to Andy and once to Jake
  • We didn't see it onscreen, but we know that Sam defended Dean to Bobby and Castiel in "Point of No Return," because Castiel references it.
  • Strangely enough a couple of times to Castiel in "First Born" if Sam's confident "We got this" near the end of the episode also counts.
  • To Charlie in "Book of the Damned."
  • Probably in some capacity in "Defending Your Life" - though I'm only guessing, because I only saw that episode once and have forgotten most of it except that I remember it was bad in terms of Sam (an Adam Glass episode again).

So while maybe not a lot to other people - he tells Dean a lot to Dean's face, though - there are at least those times, so not never in the run of the show. And as @catrox14 mentioned also Lucifer. Though thinking of that now, It seems that I vaguely remember Sam telling some bad guy that Dean would come to get him another time besides Lucifer, but I could be wrong.

So there is precedent.

So far, based on what he story has been and the spoilers we have, it doesn't look like the situation is going to be conducive to that kind of thing, but I could see Sam defending Dean to John again if they are going to have a Sam / John dust up of some kind. I guess I could also see Sam and Jack discussing Sam's childhood if the writers allow it to go there - rather than go right to the action... which is likely how they'll go.

As someone else mentioned, concerning Mary I would be more skeptical, because Sam - as the poster above mentioned - pretty much wants to keep what little he could get when it comes to Mary and would probably want to keep the peace.

12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh and Lucifer when he said he would always bet on Dean (which eh...debatable!).

Sam also said that Dean would come and kick Lucifer's ass or something to that effect if I remember correctly.

• Love 3

I really dislike the framing in that sneak peek.  By having Sam sitting higher and looking down and Sam's condescending remark about  Dean's eating looks like its trying to frame Sam somehow superior, like he's so put up by having two teenagers. 

Just stop it show.

• Love 6

Bringing this spoiler from Bitch/Jerk:

Plus in an article I read,  about the shootout in ep 6.  Dean's gun jams. 

I despaired because it will be a Perez episode. Bah. Yuck. 

However from this here  I`m not sure if it was his prop gun that jammed during a take and it won`t be in the actual episode? For the love of God, please let it be this.

It does say that the shoot-out doesn`t go as planned but from the description the point of the scene seems to be that Castiel ignores everything in his quest to protect Jack. So much so for any bond with any Winchester. However, it is also ridiculous. Jack is uber-powerful, even an angel blade can`t kill him so what is the danger with bullets? Cas is the second-most-powerful in that scene but he couldn`t give less of a crap about the actual humans?    

So now it is okay for two superpowerful beings to come on out and it is no longer a deus ex machina problem because, well, they only care about each other. Huh? That would be like Wonder Woman trying to drag Superman to safety when they are being shot at and completely ignoring two human police officers in the line of fire. Nothing about this makes sense.   

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Berens as quick to reassure Sam fans so I'm sure something important is going on. 

I'll bet you a cookie Sam kicks hot-headed Dean out of the bunker to answer Jody's call so he can 'cool off'.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll bet you a cookie Sam kicks hot-headed Dean out of the bunker and answer Jody's call so he can 'cool off'.

I hope its more along the lines of them realizing they can't take Jack with them and Dean tells Sam that since Sam wanted this he gets babysitting duty. 

But it wouldn't surprise me if your scenario is what plays out on screen.

• Love 5

I know the show will never do it but I`d be happy to see either brother with a new hunting partner for a while. Maybe it would work out their respective kinks.

Brought over from the bitch/jerk thread.

I'm betting the ranch that when Dean gets Jody as his new hunting partner in this week's episode, he'll also suddenly become Deansel in Distress, too(a la that ridiculous freezing up nonsense that they gave us in another episode with the teen-aged Krissy character-Singer's wife even said that Dean would become a victim of "inertia", IIRC)AND get schooled on why he's so wrong about the poor, wounded baby bird spawn of Lucifer.

I'd also put money on Dean witnessing the father of Patience being a real MEENIE! to her also and as part and parcel of Dean's latest lesson with Sam hitting him with the "I WAS Jack, so I know what it feels like" stick, too-either before they separate or soon after. My money is on before, just so we know who's getting the "lesson" in this one.

And then we have Misery to put the final touches on it.

I can't imagine anything coming out of this one that would in any way validate or shed any kind of a positive light on how Dean is feeling about or thinking  about the spawn-and this, even though it IS foolish and unwise from a hunter's standpoint to ignore the fact that he is the actual spawn of Satan and he might actually have to be put down, at some point. If this isn't pointed out in the episode, I'm going to scream foul to the rooftops yet again.

I have a sinking feeling that this is going to be the first episode that goes on my skip entirely list for S13. Hope I'm wrong, but everything has been so predictable to me so far this season and I can't imagine that this one will be any different.

Dreading it. Definitely not watching live.

• Love 1

Since episode 4 is gonna be the grief councellor one, I do honestly expect the big lesson to be in that one. 

Episode 3 is likely going to be more Jody-focused in terms of hunting. Which, yes, means no good things for me and Dean. And introductory to Patience. I largely foresee Dean having a spectator role like in the submarine ep. Heh, maybe it will just be boring.    

I can't imagine anything coming out of this one that would in any way validate or shed any kind of a positive light on how Dean is feeling about or thinking

I never expected that, period. The Comic Con interviews from the writers were clear on that front. 

It was said that Cas coming back will be a ray of hope for Dean so hopefully (haha) this inertia/depression/whatever thing ends then. Which would be episode 6-ish.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

That`s why I specified "in terms of hunting". IMO she will get the flashy physical moments to introduce her more of the mentor badass for the spin-off. As someone who wants to see Dean kick some ass, that is not good news to me.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I'd also put money on Dean witnessing the father of Patience being a real MEENIE! to her also and as part and parcel of Dean's latest lesson with Sam hitting him with the "I WAS Jack, so I know what it feels like" stick, too-either before they separate or soon after. My money is on before, just so we know who's getting the "lesson" in this one.

Oh, gah, I hadn't thought of this, but now that you say it...  ugh. I bet you're right - another iteration of 'let's show Dean what a jerk he is' a la ThinMan.

And if Dean isn't saved by one of the Wayward-whatevers-to-be at some point in this episode, I'll be more than surprised.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

That`s why I specified "in terms of hunting". IMO she will get the flashy physical moments to introduce her more of the mentor badass for the spin-off. As someone who wants to see Dean kick some ass, that is not good news to me.  

Still doubt it.  If flashier moments go to any one other than Dean, it will probably be to one of the Wayward girls.  We already know Jody's a badass, we don't really need to see it again, but they have to establish the other girls.  Which, yeah - that will be annoying too.

• Love 2

Well, it says Patience is estranged from Misery which likely means because the father cut contact with his mother. I believe there is a spoiler about Dean fighting with the guy at some point but also one or more promo pics displaying a scene with the father fighting with his mother? 

I`m not at all saying it won`t be in it but if the central conflict is in-family, that might mean Dean is more of a bystander. 

Of course it is really not much of a parallel if the conflict is all about "I didn`t want my daughter to grow up with the weird supernatural world" "she is a psychic, she is in this world bla bla". I think they will be shouting at each other about Patience. And in the end the father will die, hence the funeral pics. 

Will the Wayward girls per se even feature in this episode? I got the impression it will be Jody and just focus on Patience. The mid-Season Finale and Opener, those will be the real backdoor Pilot. 

Edited by Aeryn13
1 minute ago, Bessie said:

How do these back door pilots work? Is it given a green light for next season  if it has good ratings as episodes of Supernatural?

Others with more definite knowledge can confirm / refute this, but I don't think ratings are a huge factor for the simple fact general audience members (i.e. non fandom members) may not even be aware its a backdoor pilot in advance. I think the backdoor pilots purpose is to a) gauge the response of fandom. Are they open to the idea as presented or hate it? And if they hate it can it be reworked or completely unsalvagable and b) to give the writers, directors etc who will potentially be involved in the show an idea of how feasible it is. Do the cast interact well together on screen? How are they to work with off screen? Is it financially and technically feasible etc? 

11 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Will the Wayward girls per se even feature in this episode? I got the impression it will be Jody and just focus on Patience. The mid-Season Finale and Opener, those will be the real backdoor Pilot. 

Yeah, but since Patience is in the Wayward spinoff, I'm guessing they'll have to establish her 'powers' or whatever. 

• Love 2