Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I think it's going to actually be that Cas finds out Dean promised to kill Jack and he takes off with Jack to protect him from Dean.

Oh, so another Cas vs the Winchester's story where Cas is ultimately depicted as the bad guy, oh joy! This really doesn't cheer me up haha

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Oh, so another Cas vs the Winchester's story where Cas is ultimately depicted as the bad guy, oh joy! This really doesn't cheer me up haha

Dean has already been set up as the bad guy from the jump when Sam told him that Jack is messed up becase of Dean. I don't see how that makes Cas the bad guy when Dean is the only one who's be against Jack and mean to him. If anything it will be Jack/Sam/Cas vs Dean :((

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dean has already been set up as the bad guy from the jump when Sam told him that Jack is messed up becase of Dean. I don't see how that makes Cas the bad guy when Dean is the only one who's be against Jack and mean to him. If anything it will be Jack/Sam/Cas vs Dean :((

You've me thinking thinky thoughts.... 

As I was saying in the non spoilery speculation thread, based on the number of appearances thus far (Cas will have made 6/11-13 of his appearances, Jack 7/11-13 of his and Lucifer 3/13 of his by midseason) we are in for a Cas and Jack lite second half and a Lucifer heavy one. Could it be Cas feeling protective of Jack that leads to him removing Jack from the bunker explaining the reduced appearances of both throughout the second half?

21 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

You've me thinking thinky thoughts.... 

As I was saying in the non spoilery speculation thread, based on the number of appearances thus far (Cas will have made 6/11-13 of his appearances, Jack 7/11-13 of his and Lucifer 3/13 of his by midseason) we are in for a Cas and Jack lite second half and a Lucifer heavy one. Could it be Cas feeling protective of Jack that leads to him removing Jack from the bunker explaining the reduced appearances of both throughout the second half?

It's plausible

I wonder if Jack just runs off to find himself and it has nothing to do with anyone being mean to him? 

ETA: I actually suspect Jack gets "taken" and he doesn't run off at all, but who knows?

Edited by DittyDotDot
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I still don't blame Jack though because he's trying to make Sam and Dean happy by getting to Mary. Of course it will have unintended consequences. I guess I just don't get your argument that Jack is there to make the boys squeaky clean. I mean it's already been said that Jack is messed up because of Dean. Doesn't sound like Dean is getting out of anything. And we don't know yet what plans Billie has for them. They might both end up as reapers LOL

My point is that instead of Sam and Dean being the ones to rescue their mother it’s gonna be Jack who does it. That means the negative consequences of that decision, be it a death or unleashing Michael into the world,,will be Jack’s fault. It will have been something he did and since Sam and Dean didn’t ask him to do it they get their mother back and don’t get any of the blame either. The same way Lucifer being unleashed into the word is the fault of Castiel because he said yes in contrast to the strong Sam, or Mary’s involvement with the BMoL’s makes Sam and Dean’s dealings with them quite minor in comparison. 

IMO the secondary characters (Cas, Mary, Crowley and now Jack) aren’t really considered characters under Dabb’s regime. He simply views them as plot devices to get the plot moving while allowing Sam and Dean to remain as squeaky clean as possible. He’s essentially the opposite of Carver who loved to make the boys screw up personally. 

5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

My point is that instead of Sam and Dean being the ones to rescue their mother it’s gonna be Jack who does it. That means the negative consequences of that decision, be it a death or unleashing Michael into the world,,will be Jack’s fault. It will have been something he did and since Sam and Dean didn’t ask him to do it they get their mother back and don’t get any of the blame either.

I'm not sure it really matters, but I think there's enough blame to be spread around here and I'm quite certain all the factions will do so when it comes down to it.

• Love 1

IMO the secondary characters (Cas, Mary, Crowley and now Jack) aren’t really considered characters under Dabb’s regime. He simply views them as plot devices to get the plot moving while allowing Sam and Dean to remain as squeaky clean as possible. He’s essentially the opposite of Carver who loved to make the boys screw up personally. 

Though that means the brothers do also have stains on their vests they can never get out. Jack might be stupidly naive and careless in opening the rift, if he does so, but in a club of "we screwed over the world", the Winchesters can`t throw stones at him. They did it more with less justifications. I believe Dabb gave Jack enough woobie armour to withstand screwing over the world ten times. I can see 98 % of responses being "aww, poor thing, he just meant well, wrap him in a blankie". So really, if anyone is gonna be okay with a screw-up, it is that character.   

At least they allowed Dean to ease up on him. It was almost hilarious how Jack, deep in his dorkside destiny melodrama mood looked at Dean, like "okay, guy who hates me, I`m counting on you to take my side now on how evil I am" and Dean is like "sorry, changed my mind, dude". Jack almost looked like "et tu, Brutus?" And he knows it`s the truth, too, because Dean has always been brutally honest with him and wouldn`t just say it to be nice. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

My point is that instead of Sam and Dean being the ones to rescue their mother it’s gonna be Jack who does it. That means the negative consequences of that decision, be it a death or unleashing Michael into the world,,will be Jack’s fault. It will have been something he did and since Sam and Dean didn’t ask him to do it they get their mother back and don’t get any of the blame either. The same way Lucifer being unleashed into the word is the fault of Castiel because he said yes in contrast to the strong Sam, or Mary’s involvement with the BMoL’s makes Sam and Dean’s dealings with them quite minor in comparison. 

Crowley circumvented Lucifer going back into the Cage. That's not on Cas or Sam or Dean IMO

Currently the question is nature vs nurture but it more be apt to look at the influence on

Jack overheard Dean say Sam was trying to Jack as an interdimensional can opener and Sam basically admitted and said it was because Mary was there. Whether or not Sam asked him to do it, he was working towards that end. If Jack opens the rift the question will be did Sam influence Jack's actions even if inadvertently. Same question for Dean if Jack goes dark side.  So that's why I can't blame anyone for this other than Lucifer and at the same time,  Sam and Dean can still be held responsible.

The show needs to decide whether the boys and Cas influence matters more to Jack's decision making or is Jack to be held solely responsible for his choices.

8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Crowley circumvented Lucifer going back into the Cage. That's not on Cas or Sam or Dean IMO

Currently the question is nature vs nurture but it more be apt to look at the influence on

Jack overheard Dean say Sam was trying to Jack as an interdimensional can opener and Sam basically admitted and said it was because Mary was there. Whether or not Sam asked him to do it, he was working towards that end. If Jack opens the rift the question will be did Sam influence Jack's actions even if inadvertently. Same question for Dean if Jack goes dark side.  So that's why I can't blame anyone for this other than Lucifer and at the same time,  Sam and Dean can still be held responsible.

The show needs to decide whether the boys and Cas influence matters more to Jack's decision making or is Jack to be held solely responsible for his choices.

I did say that this is a commentary on secondary characters in general and not just Castiel. That’s why I listed Castiel, Mary, Crowley and now Jack as examples in a previous post :)

And I’m fairly certain, based on Dabb’s tenure to date, the narrative will portray it as a) Jack’s own fault of b) Cas does something negative that drives Jack to the dark side. I’ve been burnt too many times to expect anything else, but we can agree to disagree. 

8 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

d I’m fairly certain, based on Dabb’s tenure to date, the narrative will portray it as a) Jack’s own fault of b) Cas does something negative that drives Jack to the dark side. I’ve been burnt too many times to expect anything else, but we can agree to disagree. 

I'm not saying your wrong or that I disagree in total.

I'm saying they have planted the seed narratively that at least PARTIAL responsibility for Jack's choices will be because of the boys influence in some way.

• Love 1

Watching the preview, I really hope its not full of insults toward Dean's intelligence.  I cringed at that Ocean's Moron's comment. 

Why would Sam and Dean need help to get past Supernatural defenses?  Aren't they supposed to be the experts?

Sam is the smart one. Dean eats pie.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I loathe Dabb and his minions?

ETA: I swear to Chuck, if there are any repercussions of Dean eating a piece of pie left behind by a fucking demon, I'm done with this show.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DEAN ATE PIE FROM THE DEMON?? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why would Dean eat anything left by a crossroads demon?

I do not like this at all. I know y'all think I'm crazy but is a bad omen. Bad juju. :(

Also, since when is there A/THE Crossroads Demon? There are multiple crossroads demons.

I guess Not!Crowley. ( I see you doing this. He's Irish, not Scottish and not English. He even uses the same tack with Sam (You're the Smart One). Fuck off, Dabb. I see you.

Also, they have already been in the heist business in s3 with Bela when Dean looked like James Bond and was a safe cracker. Yeah, Bela got the upperhand but Dean still cracked the safe. I am a bitter Dean fan right now.

• Love 4

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DEAN ATE PIE FROM THE DEMON?? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why would Dean eat anything left by a crossroads demon?

I do not like this at all. I know y'all think I'm crazy but is a bad omen. Bad juju. :(

Also, since when is there A/THE Crossroads Demon? There are multiple crossroads demons.

I guess Not!Crowley. ( I see you doing this. He's Irish, not Scottish and not English. He even uses the same tack with Sam (You're the Smart One). Fuck off, Dabb. I see you.

It just exemplifies Dabb and his minions' mindset when it comes to the Winchesters, when even a demon knows  Sam is the smart one and dumb old Dean can be distracted with a piece of pie.

And yeah, Not!Crowley is icing on the cake. Screw you, show.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Sam is the smart one. Dean eats pie.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I loathe Dabb and his minions?

ETA: I swear to Chuck, if there are any repercussions of Dean eating a piece of pie left behind by a fucking demon, I'm done with this show.

I absolutely hate hate hate the Sam is smart and Dean eats pie - it is so old and so much rubbish, Dabb hitting us with anvils that are old misinterpretations of the dynamics of Dean and Sam.

• Love 5
Just now, Icarus said:

I absolutely hate hate hate the Sam is smart and Dean eats pie - it is so old and so much rubbish, Dabb hitting us with anvils that are old misinterpretations of the dynamics of Dean and Sam.

Just once, I would like Sam to defend his brother when someone insults him like this.

But please, keep telling me how it's just my butthurt Dean-girl perception that Dabb disrespects the character.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Icarus said:

I have a feeling that Dean eating the pie is him letting his guard down because of what Billie said to him about needing to do work. Like it's almost some hubris. He was completely wary and stand offish and aggressively so with the demon but then trusts pie? What? That has to be going somewhere. 

Also, I thought Dean punching Ketch had a very MoC/Demon Dean edge to him. Even the way he situated his shirt was totally demon!Dean. 

Here's a wild thought. What if Billie sent Dean back wrong in some way? Or is Dean just trusting that since Billie said they have a job to do that it will be okay?

It's peculiar and I don't trust it. That is foolish behavior on Dean's part. Unless it's all intended to be "comedy" that Dean gets pie...which NO Dean never gets his pie and not from a demon.

wYVy1jt.gif

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Just once, I would like Sam to defend his brother when someone insults him like this.

But please, keep telling me how it's just my butthurt Dean-girl perception that Dabb disrespects the character.

Especially to a fucking demon.

Like I'm sure the defense will be "Sam is just focused on the task at hand and is above petty insults so as to get the job done. And he knows Dean is smart. And Dean knows Dean is smart. He doesn't need Sam to defend him. He's a grown man. " 

Coupled with "Dean doesn't care if a demon thinks he's stupid because he's always being underestimated. That is Dean's advantage. And who cares what a manipulative demon says any way".

The pie thing is really bugging me.

• Love 3

Meh. I think it's just another cheap shot joke at Dean's expense. At this point, I almost hope it is, because if they have him do something so inexplicably dumb and then suffer for it? I really don't think I can go on watching.

ETA: But I am 10000% sure that your predicted response to anyone (read: Dean fans) bothered by it is painfully accurate, @catrox14  It practically writes itself.

I maintain that Dabb is the ultimate troll.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I have a feeling that Dean eating the pie is him letting his guard down because of what Billie said to him about needing to do work. Like it's almost some hubris. He was completely wary and stand offish and aggressively so with the demon but then trusts pie? What? That has to be going somewhere. 

@catrox14, I really like your idea that Dean is being more reckless then normal because of Billie's decree, and on any other show I might wonder if there was something to that. 

But these writers aren't capable of that kind of complexity.  What you see is what you get.   So its more than likely exactly as it seems, cheap shots at Dean. 

I wouldn't be surprised if its the tip of the iceberg, especially when they hook with with the other people.  I had a feeling that Ocean's moron's comment was directed more towards Dean.

I would love to be wrong and this episode will have Dean showing his smarts, but I feel like its going to be more Dean in the way with super smart Sam.   Watching the promo again, I noticed another scene where we see Sam fighting with a demon and and wrestling the demon knife out of his hand.

Dean's probably passed out on the floor from whatever was in the pie.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3

Don`t know what happened to Meredith Glynn between last Season and this. Switched with an evil doppelganger?

I rolled my eyes at the stupid pie joke and of course the "dumb" dig for the millionth time. And seriously, poor man`s Crowley? Urgh.

• Love 5

Guess I'd better put this here just in case.  Not a speculation, but a wish.  I hope Dean trusts Sister Jo but then she turns out to be completely evil and Sam stabs her while Dean holds her.  ?  That's the only way I'll be happy about Daneel being on the show.  

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Guess I'd better put this here just in case.  Not a speculation, but a wish.  I hope Dean trusts Sister Jo but then she turns out to be completely evil and Sam stabs her while Dean holds her.  ?  That's the only way I'll be happy about Daneel being on the show.  

To be fair Genevieve didn’t get her part because she was Jared’s wife. They met on set and fell for each other. I think Ruby was always intended to be evil and written out once season 4 ended. I’m glad that they didn’t change that and prolonged her stay just because she and Jared fell for each other. So I don’t think we need a similar arc for Danneel to “maintain balance” or whatever. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2

I don't think they've invited Danneel to guest star just to even the score.  I'm not even convinced that Jensen was the driving force behind her appearance.  I have no idea whether she asked, or whether others mentioned how much fun they thought it would be, or whether the recurring requests of the fans finally convinced TPTB.  I don't really think it matters.  She's an actress, and while she's no Meryl Streep, she's certainly no worse that many of the actors who've been on this show.  I guess I'm with those other fans who saw this move as a no brainer.  I'm sure there are going to be unhappy people...Destielers and wife haters, particularly, but I honestly don't see it as a big deal.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

m sure there are going to be unhappy people...Destielers and wife haters, particularly, but I honestly don't see it as a big deal.

Hey! I'm a Destiel shipper but I'm not against it for Destiel reasons. I just don't want to see Jensen and his RL wife have sexy times on the show LOL. I can't watch Ruby and Sam now without being realllly uncomfortable. And I am no prude.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Hey! I'm a Destiel shipper but I'm not against it for Destiel reasons. I just don't want to see Jensen and his RL wife have sexy times on the show LOL. I can't watch Ruby and Sam now without being realllly uncomfortable. And I am no prude.

I should qualify my comment...not ALL Destiel shippers will have an issue.  And I agree, I don't really want to watch them making out either.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably wouldn't enjoy it either.  Can you imagine all of the critiquing that would be done?  "They don't kiss right".  "Their marriage is obviously a sham because they have zero chemistry together".  "You can tell Jensen would rather be kissing (insert name here)...Misha, Jared, absolutely anyone else".

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I should qualify my comment...not ALL Destiel shippers will have an issue.  And I agree, I don't really want to watch them making out either.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably wouldn't enjoy it either.  Can you imagine all of the critiquing that would be done?  "They don't kiss right".  "Their marriage is obviously a sham because they have zero chemistry together".  "You can tell Jensen would rather be kissing (insert name here)...Misha, Jared, absolutely anyone else".

LOL. That's funny and true. I watched Ten Inch Hero and it was a cute movie but I legit didn't think Jensen and Daneel had much on screen chemistry. Maybe it was the whole Joey Tribbiani thing. If they have chemistry on screen they aren't screwing off screen, if they have nothing on screen they are doing it off screen LOL. 

• Love 2

LOL, I am continually and eternally glad that my job doesn't rely upon me having fans. I'm really hoping the writers can resist the urge for any 'inside' jokes, or meta references that will justify slapping the 'stunt casting' label on it. That's pretty dismissive of her talents as an actress - and she's far from the worst that this show has cast. No reason it can't be 'just a role', like Donna or Eileen, Meg or even Ruby. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
me/be, not the same words
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I just don't want to see Jensen and his RL wife have sexy times on the show LOL. I can't watch Ruby and Sam now without being realllly uncomfortable. And I am no prude.

Ugh, this so much!

2 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably wouldn't enjoy it either.  Can you imagine all of the critiquing that would be done?  "They don't kiss right".  "Their marriage is obviously a sham because they have zero chemistry together".  "You can tell Jensen would rather be kissing (insert name here)...Misha, Jared, absolutely anyone else".

OMG that would absolutely happen and be completely gross. 

• Love 2
On 12/3/2017 at 0:34 PM, Wayward Son said:

To be fair Genevieve didn’t get her part because she was Jared’s wife. They met on set and fell for each other. I think Ruby was always intended to be evil and written out once season 4 ended. I’m glad that they didn’t change that and prolonged her stay just because she and Jared fell for each other. So I don’t think we need a similar arc for Danneel to “maintain balance” or whatever. 

I know Gen got her part on the show before she even met Jared.  But let's be honest: the only reason Daneel got this part is because she's Jensen's wife.  This isn't about being a wife-hater either, because I'm not.  I've also stated that I do NOT want Gen back on the show either.  So if Gen came back*, I'd also want her to remain evil and get killed off.  :)

*Which, I really, really, really, REALLY hope she does not!

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I know Gen got her part on the show before she even met Jared.  But let's be honest: the only reason Daneel got this part is because she's Jensen's wife.  This isn't about being a wife-hater either, because I'm not.  I've also stated that I do NOT want Gen back on the show either.  So if Gen came back*, I'd also want her to remain evil and get killed off.  :)

Danneel was on a CW show One Tree Hill for 4 seasons during the time she started dating Jensen who she married in 2010. Does it help that she's married to Jensen YES, but to say that it's ONLY reason she got the gig is presumptuous at best.  Maybe Singer was looking to get Danneel for a long time since she was already in the CW company of actors back in 2005 before they started dating in 2007. I'm not a fan of the move but good grief its not like she has never been an actress on a popular show. One Tree Hill was popular back in the day.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Jensen addressed this at the con on Sunday. Bob Singer has been after her for a long time and until S13, Danneel said no. Once she showed interest, Singer had them create a role for her. One can assume Jensen is lying, but I tend to give him the benefit of believing him. It also coincides with the answer he has always given when fans asked about her being on the show - that it was up to her and the producers. Danneel was also on the CW herself, and is an actress with quite a few credits to her name. I'm sure pursuing her had an element of being Jensen's wife involved - and it certainly brings publicity buzz for the show - but it's not fair, IMO, to say unequivocally that's the only reason.

• Love 8

Danneel was on a CW show One Tree Hill for 4 seasons during the time she started dating Jensen who she married in 2010. Does it help that she's married to Jensen YES, but to say that it's ONLY reason she got the gig is presumptuous at best.  Maybe Singer was looking to get Danneel for a long time since she was already in the CW company of actors back in 2005 before they started dating in 2007. I'm not a fan of the move but good grief its not like she has never been an actress on a popular show. One Tree Hill was popular back in the day.

Jensen pretty much admitted at a convention Danneel said to him it’d be nice to be on the show, he mentioned it to Singer and he made things happen. And it’s not like she has ever been a big name, like say Felicia Day or Mark Shepard, that shows are eager to hire. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

Jensen pretty much admitted at a convention Danneel said to him it’d be nice to be on the show, he mentioned it to Singer and he made things happen. And it’s not like she has ever been a big name, like say Felicia Day or Mark Shepard, that shows are eager to hire. 

Listen again.

• Love 3
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Listen again.

Yes Bob Singer was interested in hiring her. I don’t find it surprising he’s an advocate of nepotism considering the fact he’s been doing the same with his wife for years now. And like I said it’s not as though she’s a big name star like Felicia Day or Mark Sheppard that most shows would eagerly hire. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Nope. That's not what he said.

He said that Bob Singer had been trying to get Danneel on the show for a number of years and she always declined. Then when it became s13 she mentioned to Jensen it might be fun which is when Jensen went to Singer and then they wrote a part for her. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Nope. That's not what he said.

He said that Bob Singer had been trying to get Danneel on the show for a number of years and she always declined. Then when it became s13 she mentioned to Jensen it might be fun which is when Jensen went to Singer and then they wrote a part for her. 

Yep, he mentioned to Singer it might be a good time to ask her again.

For argument's sake  - I never heard of Felicia Day before "Charlie". To be fair though, I never heard of Jensen, Jared or Misha either. LOL! Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jim Beaver were the only other actors I knew. And Loretta Devine.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Yes Bob Singer was interested in hiring her. I don’t find it surprising he’s an advocate of nepotism considering the fact he’s been doing the same with his wife for years now. And like I said it’s not as though she’s a big name star like Felicia Day or Mark Sheppard that most shows would eagerly hire. 

. Who cares if she's not a big name get like Felicia Day or Sheppard? There are MANY working actors who do not have the resume or popularity of Day or Sheppard. She was popular on One Tree Hill back in the day

A lot of actors have parts written especially for them. And we really don't know how far back Singer has been wanting to book her. Since she was a CW actor already would give her an advantage given many CW actors cross shows.  She's pretty, sexy and was not averse to doing swimsuit and lingerie shoots. She played a bit of a bad girl on One Tree Hill. And had a comedy on NBC that didn't last too long. So he could have wanted to book her for some kind of part on the show as far back as 2005. We really don't know the timeline here at all. 

There is a lot of networking that gets people parts be it nepotism or just knowing someone. I suspect that's a large part of how SPN booked Alex for Jack. He was on Arrow for a while. And also, Alex was on Scream which I think Meredith or Yockey wrote for or maybe both.

7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yep, he mentioned to Singer it might be a good time to ask her again.

For argument's sake  - I never heard of Felicia Day before "Charlie". To be fair though, I never heard of Jensen, Jared or Misha either. LOL! Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jim Beaver were the only other actors I knew. And Loretta Devine.

I heard of Felicia as a geek girl gamer. I never heard of Jared before SPN, and I remembered Jensen from Dark Angel and Smallville. I didn't know anything about Misha until SPN.  So yeah, it's not like SPN is some titanic production that actors are beating down the door to get a role.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

. Who cares if she's not a big name get like Felicia Day or Sheppard? There are MANY working actors who do not have the resume or popularity of Day or Sheppard. She was popular on One Tree Hill back in the day

A lot of actors have parts written especially for them. And we really don't know how far back Singer has been wanting to book her. Since she was a CW actor already would give her an advantage given many CW actors cross shows.  She's pretty, sexy and was not averse to doing swimsuit and lingerie shoots. She played a bit of a bad girl on One Tree Hill. And had a comedy on NBC that didn't last too long. So he could have wanted to book her for some kind of part on the show as far back as 2005. We really don't know the timeline here at all. 

There is a lot of networking that gets people parts be it nepotism or just knowing someone. I suspect that's a large part of how SPN booked Alex for Jack. He was on Arrow for a while. And also, Alex was on Scream which I think Meredith or Yockey wrote for or maybe both.

Acting is a pretty fickle world as many who were much bigger than Danneel in their hay day have learnt so a long time has passed by tv standards since One Tree Hill.  The main point I was trying to make is that IMO it would be highly unlikely that any other show (where she isn’t married to one of the leads)  would think of her, an actress who hasn’t had a long lasting role in a show since 2009, when considering who to give a role. I couldn’t imagine other CW shows like Arrow, The Flash or Crazy Ex Girlfriend going like “hey, I know who we could cast... Danneel from that CW show which ended eight years ago”. On the other hand, I’d say Day had actually been Jensens cousin I’d be more open to the idea its more than nepotism because she has a strong current presence in her own right. 

ETA: As far as I know Jensen, Misha and Jared all auditioned and got the roles that way. None of them were hand picked by the producers and got to skip all of that stuff so I don’t really see how the comparisons are apt. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Acting is a pretty fickle world as many who were much bigger than Danneel in their hay day have learnt so a long time has passed by tv standards since One Tree Hill.  The main point I was trying to make is that IMO it would be highly unlikely that any other show (where she isn’t married to one of the leads)  would think of her, an actress who hasn’t had a long lasting role in a show since 2009, when considering who to give a role. I couldn’t imagine other CW shows like Arrow, The Flash or Crazy Ex Girlfriend going like “hey, I know who we could cast... Danneel from that CW show which ended eight years ago”. On the other hand, I’d say Day had actually been Jensens cousin I’d be more open to the idea its more than nepotism because she has a strong current presence in her own right. 

ETA: As far as I know Jensen, Misha and Jared all auditioned and got the roles that way. None of them were hand picked by the producers and got to skip all of that stuff so I don’t really see how the comparisons are apt. 

Jensen and Jared auditioned once and were sent to Network with no one else there. I'm sure both of them already working for the WB in Smallville and Jared on Gilmore Girls didn't hurt their chances, especially Jensen who finished 2nd to Tom Welling for Clark Kent. Like it was literally down to he and Tom. 

They wrote a part specifically for her so it didn't harm anyone else since no one else was going to get the part they wrote for her. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen answered the question - it was Robert Singer's idea. If one chooses not to believe it, or interpret it in some other way, then all the conversation in the world isn't going to change that.

I never said I didn’t believe it. I said I don’t believe Robert Singer suggested for any reason other than the fact she’s Jensen’a wife for the reasons I said above. But yeah I’d say agree to disagree is the best option.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

My question to is...why should it bother people so much?  You're accusing them (one/all) of "nepotism" (as if it's taking a role away from someone else who you might consider more "deserving.")  But if the role was written specifically for her and wouldn't exist otherwise, who is it/she harming?   Or are you just insulted in general at the idea of someone getting something you feel he/she doesn't deserve?  

I think part of the idea here is to *get* Danneel back into the eyes (and minds) of casting directors/producers so she can return to her career (which I would say was definitely impacted by having to stay home and take care of children) once the show is over.  That's a smart career move, and the fact that she waited till the series is winding down before agreeing to do it shows IMO that she's thinking of the future and isn't just trying to cash in on the show's current popularity. 

There's nothing wrong with any of that, either from the producers, the actors, or the network's POV.   It isn't illegal, or even questionable (they way true "nepotism" would be if someone were giving a high-paid job to a totally unqualified relative), may help the current ratings (if you want to consider her "stuntcasting") and hurts no one.   So again, what is the problem?  I honestly don't understand.  

Edited by ahrtee
It's not personal....
  • Love 5

I'm not sure what the issue here is either.  Obviously, to each his own, but Danneel is an actress.  She's done movies and a number of television shows.  Is she a huge star, no, but how many of the actors/actresses on SPN are?  Even the actual stars of the show aren't exactly big stars.  There are times when nepotism is a huge issue, like when you hire your totally unqualified son-in-law to run the country, but in this instance, I think she's perfectly qualified for a small guest starring role on SPN.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ahrtee said:

My question to is...why should it bother people so much?  You're accusing them (one/all) of "nepotism" (as if it's taking a role away from someone else who you might consider more "deserving.")  But if the role was written specifically for her and wouldn't exist otherwise, who is it/she harming?   Or are you just insulted in general at the idea of someone getting something you feel he/she doesn't deserve?  

I think part of the idea here is to *get* Danneel back into the eyes (and minds) of casting directors/producers so she can return to her career (which I would say was definitely impacted by having to stay home and take care of children) once the show is over.  That's a smart career move, and the fact that she waited till the series is winding down before agreeing to do it shows IMO that she's thinking of the future and isn't just trying to cash in on the show's current popularity. 

There's nothing wrong with any of that, either from the producers, the actors, or the network's POV.   It isn't illegal, or even questionable (they way true "nepotism" would be if someone were giving a high-paid job to a totally unqualified relative), may help the current ratings (if you want to consider her "stuntcasting") and hurts no one.   So again, what is the problem?  I honestly don't understand.  

Primarily the bit in bold. It’s a personal issue. I’ve encountered too much of people just getting jobs because their parents/cousin/spouse happens to work for a company to feel anything but disdain for people behaving in such a manner.

I’m going to make this my last post on the matter since I think we are just going to go round in circles. I think it’s a dick move on the shows part, other people think it’s great and something to be celebrate and others fall in between. I don’t think anyone will change anyone’s stance so YMMV. 

I got my job because my best friend introduced me to my (now) boss, who was her son's FIL. Without her, he wouldn't have known about me, nor I, him. My position didn't exist until he hired me for it. Nobody else was ever considered for the job. I don't feel the least bit guilty for that. I still had to show my qualifications and prove myself. I got the opportunity to get the job through connections, but I had/have to work to be qualified for it, and to keep it (8 years now).

Most of the people I know found their jobs through connections, whether it be networking, friends, prior business contacts and yes, sometimes family. It's the way of the world.

• Love 3

It struck me as a bit odd at the last convention panel when Jensen particularly remarked on Singer's wife being a fantastic writer (or whatever he said).  I wonder if rumblings have reached the set?  Because it's not just us... there are gripes about the NepDuo's writing all over online reviews.

If they're writing Danneel's episode...well, then that's worrying.  Because we'll get torture with a dash of misogyny and a zillion different plots going on at once.

• Love 1

IIRC, the part of Madison in Heart was specifically written for the actress who played her.  (I'm blanking on her name.)

The part of Molly in Road Kill was stunt casting and specifically written for Tricia Helfer.

Robbie Thompson admitted he was basically writing himself with the creation of Charlie and that was also stunt casting.  I highly doubt Felicia Day auditioned.  I had never heard of her before that ep.  So she wasn't a big name.  Plus, (IMO) she's not a great actress.  But they kept bring her back.

Robert Englund as Dr. Robert was another example.

Despite that fact that there really is no role for Bobby they kept bring Jim Beaver back for nostalgia. 

I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of right now.

While its true that Gen didn't get her job by her relationship with Jared.   I do remember a story that they were originally going to to have Ruby body hop and not just cast one person but that changed becasue of her developing relationship with Jared. 

So I don't see what the big deal is by Danneel having a small part in a couple of episodes. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It struck me as a bit odd at the last convention panel when Jensen particularly remarked on Singer's wife being a fantastic writer (or

He’s smart to be complimentary! Just imagine what could happen to the character if  Eugenie was pissed off at Jensen!

• Love 6