Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Yeah that's something I don't fucking understand with the writers. I suspect Lucifer will give Mary a son story about how awful Michael was to him in the real world.

I mean Mary knows for a fact the Lucifer possessed Sam because Dean told her but does she know that he opted in to be his vessel to put him back in the cage after letting him out rather than just being possessed against his will like Berens tried to imply with that revisionist history in 12.22?

If she knows it was voluntary then maybe she has some messed up idea that she can work with Lucifer? Which I guess wouldn't be totally out of left field if the boys told her how they worked with him against  Amara.

Of course she probably thinks she has the upper hand with those Enochian knuckles in her possession. I'll laugh if it turns out they don't work AU land.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah that's something I don't fucking understand with the writers. I suspect Lucifer will give Mary a son story about how awful Michael was to him in the real world.

I mean Mary knows for a fact the Lucifer possessed Sam because Dean told her but does she know that he opted in to be his vessel to put him back in the cage after letting him out rather than just being possessed against his will like Berens tried to imply with that revisionist history in 12.22?

If she knows it was voluntary then maybe she has some messed up idea that she can work with Lucifer? Which I guess wouldn't be totally out of left field if the boys told her how they worked with him against  Amara.

Of course she probably thinks she has the upper hand with those Enochian knuckles in her possession. I'll laugh if it turns out they don't work AU land.

Jared kind of let it slip at NJcon or maybe the one before that Lucifer was turning into a frenemy.  Blech!!  What is it with Mary and her bizarre affiliations with the bad guys?

"Of course she probably thinks she has the upper hand with those Enochian knuckles in her possession. I'll laugh if it turns out they don't work AU land"

Oh please make it so!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, trxr4kids said:

From spoilers @catrox14 said:

Of course Mary would suddenly decide to stand with Lucifer, she really likes to ally herself with her sons torturers. Is the whole point of apocalypse world to show us how much worse it'd be if Michael had won since that seems to be what happened there. If so, I say I get it show, Michael is so awful and Lucifer is a special woobie who has been treated unfairly by everyone ever <eye roll>

And now it's my turn: get out of my head! I know the show likes its strange bedfellows, and hey Mary already boned one of her sons' would-be murderers. What's one more?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Jared kind of let it slip at NJcon or maybe the one before that Lucifer was turning into a frenemy.  Blech!!  What is it with Mary and her bizarre affiliations with the bad guys?

"Of course she probably thinks she has the upper hand with those Enochian knuckles in her possession. I'll laugh if it turns out they don't work AU land"

Oh please make it so!!

Blech.

I got the impression (not sure why) from those pics that Lucifer's finger-snap-o'death didn't work there. So maybe everything is opposites in the upside-down.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Blech.

I got the impression (not sure why) from those pics that Lucifer's finger-snap-o'death didn't work there. So maybe everything is opposites in the upside-down.

That's why I was thinking the angel bullets wouldn't work on Lucifer in the AU and why Cas lost his damn mind thinking he could kill Lucifer in the AU. Did he get some bad intel from someone in the AU that he could kill Lucifer cause I see no reason for him to have tried that stupid stunt other than again Plotonium.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Res said:

Out of curiosity, since this is the bitterness thread, is everyone watching the premiere? I'm not sure I can care enough to at this point.

I honestly don't know. I mean, I kind of have that deep, twisting feeling that's it's going to be like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I'm not thrilled by the reveals and at this point I don't think there's anything earth shaking that's going to change that.

I'll probably watch out of morbid curiosity but I don't know if it's going to be live. 

A couple months back, in the spoiler's thread, I had a joke theory that Mary and Lucifer would bond in the AU. I didn't want to know that could even remotely be a possibility. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Res said:

Out of curiosity, since this is the bitterness thread, is everyone watching the premiere? I'm not sure I can care enough to at this point.

I'll watch because I'm a glutton for punishment LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Res said:

I'll read about the episode first and then watch the next day so I know which parts to ffwd through.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Res said:

6 hours ago, trxr4kids said:

I'll read about the episode first and then watch the next day so I know which parts to ffwd through.

I'm watching.  I like to make up my own mind about things, not base my opinion solely on what others have said.  

• Love 7

Me too. Last Season was so horrifically bad and the spoilers sound too painful and/or boring - Spawn? Lucifer and Mary Sue? Evil!Random!Michael? Lowest!low!point!Dean? Reasonable!good!daddy!Sam? No to ALL- and of course   to subject myself to an entire episode unprepared.

Basically, I see it like additional spoilers. And I like those, can`t really stand surprises. IMO it`s not different from checking out movie reviews before possible seeing a movie. Even works both ways. If it`s from people who share my taste overall, I can take it as a valid recommendation. And if it`s from people who seem to like the opposite, I can stear clear. This forum once saved me from staying clear of Magicians when I read that Gamble did a Gamble thing there. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Airmid said:

I kind of have that deep, twisting feeling that's it's going to be like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Me too. No way I'm watching live. First time ever-all thanks to Dabb and that horrific writers' sneak peek that they gave us...*shudders*... 

That was what put the last nail in the coffin for me. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, JanetWaldo said:

Me too.

I will be watching, not live because I have to work, but as soon as I get home that evening.  I am excited about the new season.

• Love 4

Based on the spoilers thus far which have resulted in my stack o bittercakes in this thread,  I can't say I'm looking forward to it with any positivity.  I watch because I have a problem and can't let go of this show yet. I am too attached to Dean to stop now. I probably need DA to get over this sick addiction.

I will be bracing with alcohol and a nerf remote control that I can throw at the TV. I should probably order more eyeballs from the Stynes so I can replace the ones that I'm sure will roll out of my head when I watch Spawn be Cas 2.0 and watch Dean become Dean somebody I don't know and recognize who gives up on family. That'll be superfun. Can't wait to not see that.

I do think Jensen will act the hell out of drunk, depressed, grieving Dean so there's that, but that will probably only last a hot minute.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Based on the spoilers thus far which have resulted in my stack o bittercakes in this thread,  I can't say I'm looking forward to it with any positivity.  I watch because I have a problem and can't let go of this show yet. I am too attached to Dean to stop now. I probably need DA to get over this sick addiction.

I will be bracing with alcohol and a nerf remote control that I can throw at the TV. I should probably order more eyeballs from the Stynes so I can replace the ones that I'm sure will roll out of my head when I watch Spawn be Cas 2.0 and watch Dean become Dean somebody I don't know and recognize who gives up on family. That'll be superfun. Can't wait to not see that.

I do think Jensen will act the hell out of drunk, depressed, grieving Dean so there's that, but that will probably only last a hot minute.

That was me last season. Unfortunately, not even the tremendous allure of Jensen and his acting is strong enough to help me ignore the awfulness that I feel about these spoilers. I really, REALLY HATE what Dabb and Co. did to this show and what they've changed it into. I TRULY wish I felt differently. It makes me sad that a show that used to mean so much to me is now one that I'm not even sure I can sit through anymore.

• Love 6

So Dean is ripping his own face off in that clip. That's pretty fucking disturbing. And Spawn sounds EXACTLY like Cas. I don't like this.  What is making Dean hallucinate that way?

Lucifer seems to be strung up in some kind of cage in the AU and if that is what Michael does to him, I think I'm on Team Michael LOL

Spawn does destructive things because he's scared? Gee, that doesn't sound exactly like Jesse at all. Sigh.

• Love 2

Jody gets stabbed??? That's bad bad bad.

I love it when Dean threatens people because he generally follows through. The question is who is he really threatening? I have a feeling it's not actually Spawn. 

Why is Dean ripping apart a not Long John Silver's sign?

22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Lucifer seems to be strung up in some kind of cage in the AU and if that is what Michael does to him, I think I'm on Team Michael LOL

Right?  I hope that part's not just a hallucination or something.  I really want that to happen.

16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I love it when Dean threatens people because he generally follows through. The question is who is he really threatening? I have a feeling it's not actually Spawn. 

I dunno - I got the feeling he was talking to Jack.

17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why is Dean ripping apart a not Long John Silver's sign?

Not just ripping apart - head butting apart.  Ouch!  

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Not just ripping apart - head butting apart.  Ouch! 

Oh I didn't notice that. I have to watch it again.

Also what is up with that other car in the background  Is it Spawn's?  Did something happen to Baby and Dean wants to kill himself because he had to drive that POS so he's beating his head against that sign??

OR wait, did Spawn steal Baby? Maybe that's why Dean wants to kill him LOL? I would totally buy that reasoning.

Edited by catrox14

I'm starting to think the show is setting up Lucifer and Spawn for a series in the AU.  Maybe even with Mary. I could be wrong but it sure seems like a lot of ridiculous shenanigans to keep Lucifer front and center for like 2 seasons via other actors playing the role even when he had no purpose with Dean and Sam other than apocalpyse 2.0. They eliminate Dean and Sam in the AU and bring back Michael. They give Lucifer a child. That's a lot of work for a sub plot for the Winchesters. A lot of fans complained about anyone else playing Lucifer and Mark P is a great actor and he seems to have a pretty vocal Lucifer loving fan base in the SPN fandom.  Mark P is the only person that got a full article in the TV Guide Fall Preview.

I always thought it was really weird for Singer and Dabb to be so cagey about the spinoff at comic con. Why on earth would they not just say yes we are trying a back door pilot with Wayward Sisters with Jody, Donna, Claire and Alex and please watch! Instead it was "Well we think we have some great female characters that we think will be good".  I get not want to take the spotlight from the boys at SDCC but at least say the names of the characters since it was already a known thing. What if they were being cagey because the real spinoff will be with Lucifer, Michael and Mary in the AU world or maybe two spinoffs. They keep the BIG stories with the angels and demons in the AU and then it's really more of a family drama with the WS and hunting is just the framework to have a story about young women trying to get their lives together.

Just a musing.

5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm starting to think the show is setting up Lucifer and Spawn for a series in the AU.  Maybe even with Mary. I could be wrong but it sure seems like a lot of ridiculous shenanigans to keep Lucifer front and center for like 2 seasons via other actors playing the role even when he had no purpose with Dean and Sam other than apocalpyse 2.0. They eliminate Dean and Sam in the AU and bring back Michael. They give Lucifer a child. That's a lot of work for a sub plot for the Winchesters. A lot of fans complained about anyone else playing Lucifer and Mark P is a great actor and he seems to have a pretty vocal Lucifer loving fan base in the SPN fandom.  Mark P is the only person that got a full article in the TV Guide Fall Preview.

I always thought it was really weird for Singer and Dabb to be so cagey about the spinoff at comic con. Why on earth would they not just say yes we are trying a back door pilot with Wayward Sisters with Jody, Donna, Claire and Alex and please watch! Instead it was "Well we think we have some great female characters that we think will be good".  I get not want to take the spotlight from the boys at SDCC but at least say the names of the characters since it was already a known thing. What if they were being cagey because the real spinoff will be with Lucifer, Michael and Mary in the AU world or maybe two spinoffs. They keep the BIG stories with the angels and demons in the AU and then it's really more of a family drama with the WS and hunting is just the framework to have a story about young women trying to get their lives together.

Just a musing.

You know I thought that it was interesting when Jensen was asked about a spinoff at NJcon (btw Jday tomorrow Torcon) he talked about the kind of spinoff he would like to see but he never mentioned WWS.  I wonder if TPTB have seen some of the episodes  and are not impressed.  Long before Bloodlines aired word was Mark Pedowicz and WB were not enthusiastic about it.

I do get the feeling they are already trying to come up with another idea.  Jack and Lucifer doesn't seem like the right project to me.  Mark Pellegrino is a popular guest star on just about everything but another show about Lucifer?  IDK.... I would love to see  a spinoff with Samuel Colt....Cowboys and Demons.  I would watch that.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 2

Nothing has been filmed to this point other than the Missouri episode.  I think Briana said they started filming the backdoor pilot last week so I don't think the network has made that decision yet. 

Given the popularity of "Lucifer on Fox" I wouldn't be surprised if the network or Dabb want a Lucifer spinoff. 

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and they are just going to write all the angels into the AU, close it all off. Close the gates of Hell in some way and then just end up with the boys and maybe a human Cas left to go back to hunting monsters until the end, which for me would be a little boring. I also don't want any kind of s1 characterization for the boys. They progressed too far in their lives to go backwards now. I'd rather it be big end myself. But that's just me.  Given J2 say they are in agreement about how it should end with both of them dying, I don't want them to die in a stupid werewolf hunt or something. That would be really anti-climactic to me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Given J2 say they are in agreement about how it should end with both of them dying,

I know Jensen said they are in agreement about how it should end, but I didn't think he actually said they should both die, did he?   I know there were earlier comments about a Butch-and-Sundance ending, and one where one died and the other more or less committed suicide by hunting, but I didn't think they came out and said "they should both die in the end," or did I miss something?

Because TBH, if that's how they're planning on ending the show, I might just stop watching before the final season.  I don't want to see a blaze of glory.  With all the crap going on in the world, I want to see some optimism, showing that even truly dysfunctional characters can survive (AKF!) and maybe even be happy.  

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I know Jensen said they are in agreement about how it should end, but I didn't think he actually said they should both die, did he?   I know there were earlier comments about a Butch-and-Sundance ending, and one where one died and the other more or less committed suicide by hunting, but I didn't think they came out and said "they should both die in the end," or did I miss something?

Because TBH, if that's how they're planning on ending the show, I might just stop watching before the final season.  I don't want to see a blaze of glory.  With all the crap going on in the world, I want to see some optimism, showing that even truly dysfunctional characters can survive (AKF!) and maybe even be happy.  

If the final season included readying the other humans to fight monsters, making the MOL bunker open to allies and they stopped a world evil? Then if the two of them were in heaven in that field launching fireworks as per their youth?

I can get behind that. It would be reward for their work (and them finding some kind of peace), especially after setting up the next generation of hunters.

Just a blaze of glory with maybe only the void waiting for them? Not so much, no. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Airmid said:

f the final season included readying the other humans to fight monsters, making the MOL bunker open to allies and they stopped a world evil? Then if the two of them were in heaven in that field launching fireworks as per their youth?

I could go with all of that except being in heaven.  Remember Dean telling Pamela that "it's not real, it's Memorex"?  I can't imagine them being happy with that, especially since they *know* it's not real.  Even Bobby was getting bored (and hinting very strongly about wanting to come back to work again.)  

No, I'd rather see them setting up the hunter school/bunker HQ and then heading off into the sunset, so we can know they're still out there if anyone needs them.  

I guess I'd prefer a Shane ending (even if it's not so happy) than Butch and Sundance.

ETA: Or even a 40-year time jump, showing them old and dying peacefully in bed (hah!)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 1

I could cope with Sam and Dean going out with a blaze of glory. I could not have coped if the show had ended with Sam in hell for all eternity, which is total nightmare fuel.  I don't think either Sam or Dean is in danger of that kind of a fate, though.

One of my hopes is that the show at some point does something about Memorex heaven in order to make that a better option, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Whatever happens, I hope it happens to both of them. Whether they both die, both leave hunting, or both continue on with a "We have work to do," I want them together. 

• Love 4

I think the part would be if they knew it was real or if Dean could deal with being happy. I mean they're going to die unless Guck flops down and zaps them into immortality (which is depressing in it's own right). While Dean did go on about how it's not real, Pamela told him the attic was better than the basement, along with being (or appearing at least) happy to be were she was. 

I really dislike their idea of souls in memories and getting bored tbh. But if they went that route - they do have Ash and billions of souls to go visit. At that point it's limited on them not on heaven itself.

I'm just speaking from the idea that both have to die. I would at least like to see them help the current hunters and set things up for humans to keep fighting when they do die. Cause that's a thing that is going to happen and something they should really start planning for given how most hunters don't live a long time. 

Jared said at the most recent con that they are agreed on their fate and then said he thinks the boys have to die otherwise they would be hunting.i d8dnt have the ompression he thinks they would hunt into their senior years.And I can't see Dean being content to be teaching at Hunter School.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Nothing has been filmed to this point other than the Missouri episode.  I think Briana said they started filming the backdoor pilot last week so I don't think the network has made that decision yet. 

Given the popularity of "Lucifer on Fox" I wouldn't be surprised if the network or Dabb want a Lucifer spinoff. 

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and they are just going to write all the angels into the AU, close it all off. Close the gates of Hell in some way and then just end up with the boys and maybe a human Cas left to go back to hunting monsters until the end, which for me would be a little boring. I also don't want any kind of s1 characterization for the boys. They progressed too far in their lives to go backwards now. I'd rather it be big end myself. But that's just me.  Given J2 say they are in agreement about how it should end with both of them dying, I don't want them to die in a stupid werewolf hunt or something. That would be really anti-climactic to me.

Maybe combining TFW and WWS into the same show season is a compromise to doing a shortened season for the CW. That way the Js only do half the episodes but the show stays on for the whole season. Not that I'd watch the WWS episodes if there was no Jensen in them but that is just me. I know plenty in the fandom will watch the WWS episodes.

11 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

Whatever happens, I hope it happens to both of them. Whether they both die, both leave hunting, or both continue on with a "We have work to do," I want them together. 

I actually want the complete opposite, but that's just me as well

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Airmid said:

I think the part would be if they knew it was real or if Dean could deal with being happy. I mean they're going to die unless Guck flops down and zaps them into immortality (which is depressing in it's own right). While Dean did go on about how it's not real, Pamela told him the attic was better than the basement, along with being (or appearing at least) happy to be were she was. 

I really dislike their idea of souls in memories and getting bored tbh. But if they went that route - they do have Ash and billions of souls to go visit. At that point it's limited on them not on heaven itself.

I'm just speaking from the idea that both have to die. I would at least like to see them help the current hunters and set things up for humans to keep fighting when they do die. Cause that's a thing that is going to happen and something they should really start planning for given how most hunters don't live a long time. 

I don't know about other souls being bored, because (I'm assuming) most don't realize it's just memories (or don't care.)  I don't think Sam and Dean could be happy just watching (or ignoring) the "real" world if they know they can't make a difference or at least *try* to fix things.  If people can't see them settling down and quitting hunting while alive, why should they be happy doing nothing after they're dead?  Even visiting people would get tiring after a few centuries, I would think.  :)  

And sure, everyone dies.  I'm not saying they're going to be (or should be!) immortal.  That's way too tiring to think about.  I'm thinking more of the "peace when you're done" part, and I don't think there will be peace as long as either one thinks there's still "work to do." 

I also don't want to watch them as old men hunting.  So I'd be happier with an inconclusive ending like riding off into the sunset, or my version of the time jump (where they die in bed, old and surrounded by loved ones) so we can imagine all the years of adventures in between, and just see the end result. 

That would also leave room for movies and even next-generation things.  

Again, JMO and YMMV.  

ETA: the only "happy in heaven" possibility I could see would be Cas as the "new sheriff in town" Making Heaven Great Again, with Sam and Dean as his deputies. :)  

• Love 1

Knowing Sam and Dean, I think they could figure out ways of keeping busy -- and even in the fight, when they wanted to be -- even in Heaven. 

Maybe we will get a "We've got work to do," ending, but with the boys dead and preparing to lead a rebellion in Heaven...

• Love 2

Res, you asked if we are all watching this year.  I dropped the show like a hot spud at the beginning of S7 when Cas died.  I deleted unwatched SPN from my DVR and just happened to catch the special that preceded season 10.  By then I knew that Cas was back.  As a Dean Girl, I hated every episode in season 11 except for "Baby," and thought that "Regarding Dean" was the only vaguely watchable episode in season 12.  I used to binge-watch on DVD but since I have binge-watched several shows on Hulu and Netflix, I have decided to sit out S13.  I will wait for it to show up as a whole season somewhere next year and watch the season over a few days.  My hope is that this will cause less anxiety about the general tenor of the show and what they have done to our beloved characters.  Coming to these forums is the best part of SPN, so I hope I can go all year without checking in.  We will see.  Try to enjoy what you get everybody.  I think it will be a bumpy ride.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Goldmoon said:

Res, you asked if we are all watching this year.  I dropped the show like a hot spud at the beginning of S7 when Cas died.  I deleted unwatched SPN from my DVR and just happened to catch the special that preceded season 10.  By then I knew that Cas was back.  As a Dean Girl, I hated every episode in season 11 except for "Baby," and thought that "Regarding Dean" was the only vaguely watchable episode in season 12.  I used to binge-watch on DVD but since I have binge-watched several shows on Hulu and Netflix, I have decided to sit out S13.  I will wait for it to show up as a whole season somewhere next year and watch the season over a few days.  My hope is that this will cause less anxiety about the general tenor of the show and what they have done to our beloved characters.  Coming to these forums is the best part of SPN, so I hope I can go all year without checking in.  We will see.  Try to enjoy what you get everybody.  I think it will be a bumpy ride.

I felt the same way about season 11 and 12. Binge watching might work.

3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I could go with all of that except being in heaven.  Remember Dean telling Pamela that "it's not real, it's Memorex"?  I can't imagine them being happy with that, especially since they *know* it's not real.  Even Bobby was getting bored (and hinting very strongly about wanting to come back to work again.)  

No, I'd rather see them setting up the hunter school/bunker HQ and then heading off into the sunset, so we can know they're still out there if anyone needs them.  

I guess I'd prefer a Shane ending (even if it's not so happy) than Butch and Sundance.

ETA: Or even a 40-year time jump, showing them old and dying peacefully in bed (hah!)

Hunting demons and picking up the ladies together in the nursing home!  The Bubba Ho-Tep ending.

• Love 2

I still want it to end twenty years in the future with two kids knocking on a door and saying Uncle Dean, dad's on a hunting trip and he's gone missing!". Or vice versa.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 7

Reaffirmed after being at TorCon: No matter how much I loathe what Dabb is doing, as long as Jensen is playing Dean each week, I'll be watching. Maybe through squinted eyes and clenched jaw, but I'll be watching.  

• Love 3

So it sounds like Dean is going to be schooled (some more and again-Oh Joy!) but not just on believing that Mary is dead(because Dean gives up on family just like that all the time, dontchaknow), but also on Jackifer. What a huge surprise! Not.

JP did make it sound like Jackifer might not make it, though; If so, THAT would be the only silver lining to the dark, dark cloud that this season sounds like it's heading towards becoming so far for this fan. And, again, if so, it can't happen soon enough for this fan. Maybe they'll have Daddy Dearest go out with him and then in the second half they'll consider writing for the show Supernatural again by giving us a nice long break from Lucifer and Co.

It would be like having two new seasons in one that way, and we'd actually see what a 12 or 13 episode season of this show would be like in the second half.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So it sounds like Dean is going to be schooled (some more and again-Oh Joy!) but not just on believing that Mary is dead(because Dean gives up on family just like that all the time, dontchaknow), but also on Jackifer. What a huge surprise! Not.

And, again, if so, it can't happen soon enough for this fan. Maybe they'll have Daddy Dearest go out with him and then in the second half they'll consider writing for the show Supernatural again by giving us a nice long break from Lucifer and Co.

It would be like having two new seasons in one that way, and we'd actually see what a 12 or 13 episode season of this show would be like in the second half.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. 

And did you really expect any different with regards to Dean's schooling? That seems to be all he's good for anymore. Well, that and apologies that he doesn't really owe but has to say anyway because . . . reasons.

• Love 4

I know, the first half of the season sounds like horse manure and simply a continuation of 12B. My hopes are not up for the second half, they just haven't been dashed yet. But again, I know, that it's likely just a matter of time.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm only here for Dean to go into vengeance mode for Lucifer killing his BF and kidnapping his mom...OH WAIT. No...Dean thinks Mary MUST be dead and NO HOPE.  ugh fuck off Dabb

New head!canon.  Dean was replaced by an AU Dean. and that's why he's giving up on Mary. Maybe it's an AU Dean ripping his face off.  I literally don't care if they say Dean wasn't born in the AU. I always thought that was directed at Sam anyway. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Um. When was last season about Dean and Sam as kids? WTF is Dabb babbling about here? 

‘Supernatural’ Boss Says Season 13 Sees the Winchesters the ‘Most Alone’ They’ve Been

By Danielle Turchiano

@danielletbd

Excerpt

The son of Lucifer is a “blank slate” when season 13 starts, which allows the show to play with the question of whether nature or nurture means the most to who a person becomes.

“As much as last season was about Sam and Dean being kids, this season is about them as parents,” Dabb says, adding that Jack begins to see the Winchesters as “role models.”

On the flip side, Dean and Sam begin to see themselves reflected in Jack at times. “Sam was cursed with powers for a big chunk of the show, and Dean sees this kid who is eager to please his dad and wonders if he’s turning into his father,” Dabb says. “And we say with kids all of the time, you hope they get your best qualities, but sometimes they get your worst qualities. Sam and Dean have been through dark times, and that’s something Jack will be exposed to.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/supernatural-season-13-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki-spoilers-1202555868/

• Love 1

Interesting that this is first time Dean and Michael are mentioned in the same breath by Dabb and that Michael somehow becomes interested in Dean? I will eat my hat if that actually comes to any kind of fruition.

Also, the old Michael was a warrior too, Dabb.

But having the world at their disposal to dip into occasionally opens up new storytelling opportunities for the show that has become known for going big with its season-long myth arcs. Although there is only one of each cosmic player (like God, Amara, or Death) in the world of “Supernatural,” anyone below that level (like archangels, Lucifer, and yes, Crowley) could have a counterpoint in the apocalypse world. Dabb says it’s “not a guarantee” that everyone does – after all, that is a world without Sam and Dean – but it is something the writers are playing with as a way to introduce some new versions of characters, like the archangel Michael (Christian Keyes). “The new Michael is a warrior. He already killed the Lucifer of his world, so it’s a new point of view. He doesn’t care about our Lucifer, and he doesn’t care about Dean – at least not at first,” Dabb says.

And it sounds like Castiel is going to be fundamentally different. But maybe it's just an evolution or something. I'm not really liking the sounds of this :(.

And although Castiel (Misha Collins) will be back in season 13, even though he appeared to die in the season 12 finale, he will not suddenly pop up “midway through episode one,” says Dabb. “Dean, and Jack to a great extent, had a great bond with Castiel, and they have to marinate a little bit and feel the loss. So even when he makes his triumphant return as a changed character, they’ll have an even bigger reaction.”

And Castiel is going to be different now.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Interesting that this is first time Dean and Michael are mentioned in the same breath by Dabb and that Michael somehow becomes interested in Dean? I will eat my hat if that actually comes to any kind of fruition.

I'm sure he only meant Lucifer so your hat should be safe.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Um. When was last season about Dean and Sam as kids? WTF is Dabb babbling about here? 

Um, hmm, oh remember in the finale there was like a few minutes of child Dean and baby Sam, yeah nope, I got nothing.

• Love 3