Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Previews and Speculations

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I just remembered the incredibly stupid final 4 twist.  

I forget, what is it again? Something about the FIC winner picking one person to go to FTC with them and then the other 2 doing a fire making challenge to determine the 3rd finalist? 

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

God forbid JP gets to break the tie.  

Honestly I would kinda love this. It'd be hilarious. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I forget, what is it again? Something about the FIC winner picking one person to go to FTC with them and then the other 2 doing a fire making challenge to determine the 3rd finalist? 

It'd be the most we've seen of JP all season.  Who knew the non entity could decide the game?  I wonder if he would vote for Chrissy or take her unpopularity into account?

And yes, that's what the FTC twist is.  Probst's enthusiasm for the rest of the season doesn't give me a lot of hope.  The big alliance has to turn on each other at some point, so of course it's going to be drama and chaos.

• Love 1
On 2017-11-28 at 3:17 PM, LadyChatts said:

It'd be the most we've seen of JP all season.  Who knew the non entity could decide the game?  I wonder if he would vote for Chrissy or take her unpopularity into account?

And yes, that's what the FTC twist is.  Probst's enthusiasm for the rest of the season doesn't give me a lot of hope.  The big alliance has to turn on each other at some point, so of course it's going to be drama and chaos.

On 2017-11-28 at 2:57 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Yup, a fireman making a fire would be nice. lol 

?

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 1

"Buy One, Get One Free" - Can one secret agent keep their cover or will they be discovered, on back-to-back episodes of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode description for this week.  I guess the secret agent is someone shown approaching Mike/Joe? 

So looks like some of the speculation might be true about Ben jumping back to Chrissy and Ryan, and Mike joins them to be a 4th vote and because he's desperate to make his Survivor mark, and Ben will take some very unlikable/boring goats to the end and think he can skate to victory.  I hope the jury says to hell with him and votes Mike or Ryan.  It would be a fitting end to this season, and at least he and Chrissy wouldn't win.  It would figure that the only person left I like (Devon) would be on the outs. 

But really, whose winning?  Ben or Chrissy?  If Devon makes the final 3 he'd be my front runner but I don't see that happening.

Edited by LadyChatts

In the previews, Chrissy mentioned wanting to get Ashley out. I bet that is after the Immunity Challenge and it probably happens. Honestly, only Devon, Ashley, and Mike I want to win at this point. Hell, I'd even like a Ryan win if it meant Chrissy and Ben don't win. Really can't stand Ben after tonight.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2017 at 11:13 PM, TVFan1 said:

In the previews, Chrissy mentioned wanting to get Ashley out. I bet that is after the Immunity Challenge and it probably happens. Honestly, only Devon, Ashley, and Mike I want to win at this point. Hell, I'd even like a Ryan win if it meant Chrissy and Ben don't win. Really can't stand Ben after tonight.

I really hope it is after the IC and that Ben has won it because otherwise this idea makes zero sense. If Ben is vulnerable and has already used his idol, just get him out already, time's running low on that move. Ashley is a decent competitor in challenges, but she's only won one so far. There's time to eliminate her later. Or take her to FTC and let her try to explain her game as anything other than "I got here." She's got very little to talk about as far as strategic moves. 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2017 at 11:13 PM, TVFan1 said:

Nah I won't be surprised if Chrissy says that BEFORE the IC. I bet she's dumb enough to keep Ben around

• Love 2

Another freaking advantage next week producers?!  Why not just give idol and advantages up to the final 3?  They have ruined idols and advantages for this show.  Or better yet, give an advantage that lets a finalist take 3 automatic votes for themselves to win.  

• Love 3

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-ashley-nolan-exit-interview-1067629

This makes me think that if Ben is in the final 3, he wins. 
“At that point in the game with only six people left, everyone's thinking the same thing: do I want to make it to the final three, or do I want to win? In Ben's case, do you want to work with him at six when you see how strong a game he's playing? You know if you sit next to him in the end, you're going to lose. “

What is interesting for me is this quote

"I want to get a few more takes from you on the people you played against, starting with Chrissy. You were both on Heroes together. There are a lot of different takes on Chrissy from the people who have come off of the show. What's yours?

Everyone's take is so interesting to me. Maybe it's me being naive, but I've heard so many negative things about her as a person, but I thoroughly enjoy her. We got along great. After Katrina was gone from the Heroes tribe, Chrissy was the only other female on the tribe. She was like the mom. We had fun. I really like her as a person. We laugh about it now. Why didn't we play together? I don't know. After the merge, she had Ryan and I had Devon, and it never worked. But as a person, I thought she was playing a great game, and I was naive to the fact that other people didn't like her. In my head, I was thinking if she gets to the end, she's going to win. I kept thinking that Chrissy was the best! She did well in challenges! I thought she was cool. I just got a Christmas card from her yesterday, ironically enough. This crazy game. I got a text from her yesterday: "Hey, I know tonight's the night I vote you out. Hope you're good." As I'm opening up her Christmas card! I have no hard feelings about anyone, though. That's just how I am, I guess."

• Love 1

Ashley's been one of the few Survivor's I've seen interacting with Chrissy on SM.  That quote makes me wonder if Chrissy does in fact pull off a win, or if the jury was bitter towards her.  Or Ashley could just be surprised after the fact by viewer's reactions and the interviews coming out (though I'm hoping it's not the latter).  I don't think it's just sour grapes about the negativity about Chrissy, though.  Since I believe her social game is one of the worst this season, I can see where she probably treated people like crap and didn't even realize it.  Lauren herself said Chrissy barely had anything to do with her until after JPs blindside.

• Love 1

Or it could be that the editing highlighted the crappy social play and has increased some folks feelings toward Chrissy after leaving the game. Ryan appeared to be sharing control with Chrissy for most of the season but the interviews point to most of the players seeing Ryan as someone trying to play a social game and failing miserably while following Chrissy. People are always surprised to see what others where doing. Chrissy's edit has not been very flattering, it could easily take someone who had disliked her in the game or feel ignored by her in the game and amped up those feelings because they are seeing the talking heads and other comments that Chrissy made.

I am thinking of Big Brother where they stopped showing Jurors talking heads that were recorded because it changed how folks voted that one season. Except that during Survivor the players would not have access to them. So the negative edit has magnified peoples feeling or indifference or slight dislike but would not have influenced the vote at final tribal because they did not have that info.

• Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 9:03 PM, TVFan1 said:

Can anyone guess who will probably get that last advantage??? Oh, yeah, nobody but Ben.

I figured this was the twist they told us about at the start of the season?  Wish I could explain it but I don't remember what it was... something different about how the final three is chosen, I think?

3 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I figured this was the twist they told us about at the start of the season?  Wish I could explain it but I don't remember what it was... something different about how the final three is chosen, I think?

The person who wins F4 immunity selects who they want to take with them to the final 3, and the other two have to participate in a fire tie breaker for the third spot.

So basically, there’s two advantages next week if you count that one.

9 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

How do we know Jeff wasn't referring to that one?  I don't watch that closely, I'm not doubting you, just curious.  

Maybe it was, but that was the final 5 standing there, and the final 3 twist was the F4 immunity challenge winner picking a person to go to the end.  Unless they changed that, or it was clever editing and Jeff was talking to the final 4 but they edited it to make it look like the final 5.

I’m guessing the advantage is probably an advantage for the last IC.

Edited by LadyChatts

I find it increasingly interesting that the last three Survivor seasons have edited the "best player" into the non-winner. In Khaoh Rong, it was arguably Aubry. In Millennials vs Gen X, it was David. In Game Changers, it was Cirie. In all those seasons, the winner was arguably not edited to be the "best player."  It is the winner (non-best player) who must take down (or just outlast/outdraw) the "best player." In fact, they were three people where you'd think "wow, they could never beat the Best Player." (which has been proven true -- Aubry lost to Michele; Adam would've lost to David; Sarah would've lost to Cirie). And then they win.

So, following that, is Chrissy the "best player" who the winner must take down in order to win? Maybe that's why she's getting a lot of footage about her game play. The "best player" edit seems to be someone who's very strategic, who's respected for their strategy and others know is a big threat. I don't put Ben into that category because he has no allies, he just finds idols. Chrissy has all these allies, Chrissy is running everything, Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy. And then suddenly -- surprise! Chrissy doesn't win.

I guess I'm finding it an interesting pattern, and it suggests that whoever the winner is, a lot of positive footage of them may be left on the cutting room floor, so it's a "shock" when they win. Ben wouldn't be a shock, but literally everyone else would be, in some way, shape, or form.

• Love 2

I am just really hoping that Ben's having served and having PTSD isn't the reason people vote for him to win, if they do.  I always hate it when people vote based on factors outside of the game, like someone's supposed wealth/lack-of-wealth, etc.  Having said that, I'm sure if Ben makes it to FTC, we'll be treated to a whole smorgasbord of Marine talk.

• Love 2

To me the Hero edit is rarely the winner, but usually rather the person who goes out at 4 -- Malcolm in Philippines, Kelley in Second Chances, etc.  Winners usually get edited with positives and negatives both.  Edit-wise I find it hard to imagine that Dr. Mike or Ryan win, because Ryan is invisible and Dr. Mike has gotten the "Complete Doofus" edit (although I suppose Fabio got the "lovable goofball" edit and still won, so I guess if some people don't have my personal intense antipathy towards Dr. Mike his bumbling self-satisfied idiocy might be endearing) but I could easily see any of the others winning.

• Love 2

Three predictions; at least one comes through:

1. It's gonna be Ben for the win.

2. Ex-wrestler "Triple H" drops by, since the theme centered on three words starting with "H." No, really, "Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers." Stupid, right?

3. Probst ignores thirteen contestants after he falls asleep halfway through the Reunion. He is nudged awake in time to pimp out S36.

Like I've said in a prior post: I'm so ambivalent about this season, it barely hurts. I just want it to end.

• Love 3

From the thread of last week's episode:

2 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I want to see a 3-3-2 votes for once.

Did Probst tell the gang that a tiebreaker was in place on Day 1? Maybe he does this every season, and it got edited out until now. My "fanon" was that each finalist has been taken aside on Day 39 and asked to cast a vote for one of the other two, "just in case." It makes sense, but that would be too low-key for Burnett & Probst.

ETA: What I figure will happen? The vote is announced "live," and the person bumped off has to cast a vote in a private booth, which Probst collects and reads aloud.

Probably that they consider him the best looking of the final 5.  There’s some speculation on another site that they think he wins as a result of this promotion.  Unless they are planning on bringing Chrissy and Ben back and that’s where their heavy edit came from, I’d be shocked if he actually pulled it off.  However, I’m using it as the slim hope that he pulls off a win.  His face was also used in the pic to sell the Survivor buffs.

Edited by LadyChatts

I have some random questions and I'm not sure where to post.  If anyone has any answers, I'd much appreciate your help?

Does Ryan have a condition such that he is so small and skinny?

I believe Cole and JP are buddies outside of the show; Chrissy and Ryan seem to get along still.  Anyone know of any relationships that have developed after the show?  I'm most curious about Ben and whether or not he left the experience with a friend or two?

12 hours ago, Jextella said:

I have some random questions and I'm not sure where to post.  If anyone has any answers, I'd much appreciate your help?

Does Ryan have a condition such that he is so small and skinny?

I believe Cole and JP are buddies outside of the show; Chrissy and Ryan seem to get along still.  Anyone know of any relationships that have developed after the show?  I'm most curious about Ben and whether or not he left the experience with a friend or two?

I’ve seen Roark, Ali, Desi, Jessica, and Cole hanging out a lot.  This cast seems friendly-ish with each other for the most part, though I don’t know beyond that group who talks to who. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
On 12/25/2017 at 11:31 PM, Jextella said:

I'm most curious about Ben and whether or not he left the experience with a friend or two?

I find this a curious and interesting question, simply because I’m curious about any particular method(s) to vet the existence of such.  Ben is married with a small child, which means he’s not likely to be tweeting pictures of rockclimbing trips or spending nights out clubbing with the singles.  In today’s world, would most people consider friendships nonexistent unless they’re splashed all over social media?  :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

I find this a curious and interesting question, simply because I’m curious about any particular method(s) to vet the existence of such.  Ben is married with a small child, which means he’s not likely to be tweeting pictures of rockclimbing trips or spending nights out clubbing with the singles.  In today’s world, would most people consider friendships nonexistent unless they’re splashed all over social media?  :)

If you go the evolution route, humans are made of stardust building off the energy of other humans (and other life forms).  Seems that friendships built in the ethersphere count.  They might not provide as much energy as physical relationships, but they matter.  Forums like this are a good example - maybe not of friendships, but community and engagement.

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Haha, yes in that case I must be completely friendless.  :)

You and me both.  :>

5 hours ago, Jextella said:

If you go the evolution route, humans are made of stardust building off the energy of other humans (and other life forms).  Seems that friendships built in the ethersphere count.  They might not provide as much energy as physical relationships, but they matter.  Forums like this are a good example - maybe not of friendships, but community and engagement.

Please don't take me wrong; I wasn't disparaging the existence or quality of online friendships - but if the vast majority of one's relationships are IRL, then a review of SM would most likely paint an incomplete picture.

24 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Please don't take me wrong; I wasn't disparaging the existence or quality of online friendships - but if the vast majority of one's relationships are IRL, then a review of SM would most likely paint an incomplete picture.

No worries! 

Edited by Jextella