Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Previews and Speculations

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Nashville said:

Please GOD let Cole be that clueless.

One possible benefit to such a tussle; if Cole goes head-to-head with Chrissy and doesn’t come up with the idol, then his ass is outta here on the next seat in Smoking....

I think Cole is that clueless. I couldn't use the preview as an example in my episode post, but my impression from the preview is that Chrissy was looking for it and he went after her. I'll have to rewatch it.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2017 at 0:56 PM, piequinn35 said:

I am guessing that the original Heroes and Hustlers will work together to wipe out the original Healers, but 1 or 2 episodes, Joe and/or Mike will use their HII.

Next ep, Cole is just a front, they could be targeting another Healer-Joe.

Chrissy is really smart, targeted Joe for having an idol and Cole, Joe might use his idol on him, then switched to Jess.

Sorry healers even if you have 2 idols, Chrissy will figure out a plan to wipe you out. 

What if the Cole-Chrissy preview dig fighting was for nothing, maybe Joe already got the idol :P

Healers are outnumbered for at least 2 eps, they can get rid one of HerHu by using an idol but next eps, they will be in the outs again.

If they can blindside one of HerHu, please let it be Chrissy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, simplyme said:

People have physically tussled for idols (and clues) before with no repercussions, though.

I guess when I think about it that bounty hunter jackass manhandled Alicia during an idol hunt in Kaoh Rong.

Cole has gotten one of the most negative edits I can remember for a dude.  I wonder why.  My original guess was that he was gonna quit, Osten-style.

• Love 2

I realize the power an idol can have, but I just think this one will be a waste.  What would it matter to the Heroes/Hustlers alliance if Cole got the idol?  He'd probably be stupid enough to give it away or be blindsided with it in his pocket.  But they still have more than enough numbers, and Cole couldn't play Russian Roulette for too long.  

And assuming Chrissy or one of her men do get it, everyone will know about it.  They will have that power, but I think it'd be more of a burden for everyone to know and question when it will be used.  Maybe they'll just throw it in the ocean like they did in Gabon or something.

I do wonder if there will ever come a point where an idol fight will get too physical, and TPTB will have to step in and say if someone gets to the spot first, it belong to them.

So I just pulled up the preview on my DVR and paused. You can see someone, I assume Chrissy, in the sand below the pink banner. Then you see Cole haul butt over there and the camera catches him on top of Chrissy fighting her to get idol. She yells, sounds like for JT. Someone is nearby and moves towards them, it's Ryan and he's down on ground helping. They show Ben jump up and then he is there fighting too. Then Ryan is up and off to the side...then in TH he says ' pandemonium is ensuing right in front of me'. They show Joe and a bunch behind him just standing there gawking. Never see JT, Lauren or Devon.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Special K said:

There was also the physical fight for an advantage in Heroes vs. Villains between Amanda and Danielle on a Reward, while Colby just reclined in the bed content to watch the movie.

Sounds like the polar opposite of what you described @Lamima!

Yeah, @Special K...made me mad that Colby didn't help Amanda and he told her to give it back to Danielle. Not a gamer on that season...Colby.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, simplyme said:

People have physically tussled for idols (and clues) before with no repercussions, though.

NaOnka body slammed Kelly B. (the one with one leg) in Nicaragua. Production let her play it up for laughs, too.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:04 AM, jay741982 said:

If Chrissy goes after Physically they should boot her. I hope Cole doesn't let her or one of her bitches have it 

Lol. Is Chrissy a misogynistic or leading a troup of bitches?   Who is her bitch exactly... Ryan?  

I assumed she and Cole were both just digging frantically in the same spot for the idol.   That would be the natural consequence to a clue being found in camp and more than one person being present.  

Here's an admittedly unlikely theory, but what if the "idol scramble" is actually a next level plan enacted by Chrissy?

Remember, Ryan gave her the now-powerless Super Idol, aka the best fake idol ever.  So what if Chrissy planted said fake at the flag, then purposefully started to dig it up in front of Cole and/or Joe, assuming one would charge over and try to take it himself, either by digging faster or via the scrum we're shown.  She'd lose out in either case, in part due to wanting the fake to end up in enemy hands.  Then her alliance would be able to seek out a real idol and vote out the person with the fake with relative ease.

As I said, unlikely.  But it's a fun hypothetical.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Here's an admittedly unlikely theory, but what if the "idol scramble" is actually a next level plan enacted by Chrissy?

Remember, Ryan gave her the now-powerless Super Idol, aka the best fake idol ever.  So what if Chrissy planted said fake at the flag, then purposefully started to dig it up in front of Cole and/or Joe, assuming one would charge over and try to take it himself, either by digging faster or via the scrum we're shown.  She'd lose out in either case, in part due to wanting the fake to end up in enemy hands.  Then her alliance would be able to seek out a real idol and vote out the person with the fake with relative ease.

Judging from this preview, I wonder if you might be right.  https://youtu.be/2lF_Li31Gm8

At the 13 second mark, it looks like Cole and Ben are digging, and someone else is in the pile, and it looks like Chrissy is on the left?  But Ryan, and I'm assuming that's JP and Ashley in the background, are looking on.  Maybe they just don't care, but maybe they know it's a ploy.  I'd have to actually go and give Chrissy credit if she pulled something off like that.  I was hoping she might do something clever with the fake idol when I still liked her.

But since I don't like her or her alliance anymore, I hope it's a real idol and the underdogs get it.  It probably isn't going to help them a whole lot anyway.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SVNBob said:

It would be so funny if Chrissy did that.

• Love 2

I'm guessing the clue in the nails is about this idol and that it's real.  I would love for a Survivor player to plant a fake clue AND a fake idol but I doubt that's what happened.  I don't think we'd see the camera zoom in on it like we did, without any prior footage showing us it's a fake.  That'd be cool if they did, though.

Edited by Guest

I would love it if Chrissy buried the fake idol and Cole steals it. But would she fight so hard and scream for help if he was stealing as planned. Maybe she knew where real idol was and was planning on switching for fake but Cole got there before she could make the switch. 

I am really curious to see what prompted Tackle-gate tonight. I hope Chrissy hid her expired idol on purpose. The thing is, I don't recall a real immunity idol being hidden by the team flag but it's a great place for fooling someone with an unusable idol.

Not sure where to put this, but does anyone watch live on CBS All Access? Did you have any problems with live streaming? My live streaming totally tanked on me.  So I ended up watching the finale of season 23.

So we see Ryan blabbing about his idol to everyone.  Will it lead to his downfall?

Probably not.  But nice try attempting to give that impression in the preview producers.  I already fell for Chrissy getting booted.  Not gonna fall for Ryan getting blindsided.

My guess is bye-bye Joe, Cole, or Devon next week.  Maybe Lauren, considering how it's been going for the women the last few weeks.  That would be my 4 picks.

• Love 1

I think it's going to be either Joe or Cole getting booted next week. Mike will probably end up being the last Healer standing.

I want Ryan gone SO badly, but I'm not buying into that preview for next week. I would be shocked if he does go, but we all know he won't. After this boring Healer pagoning, the game should finally get interesting.

• Love 3

I wonder if they’re sorry for getting of rid of the directly to rocks instead of a revote rule.  That might have changed things dramatically tonight.  That’s also why you don’t tell them ahead of time of twists like that.

Mike might get spared a week if he plays his idol correctly, or the last Healer standing might get spared to be a swing vote.  Otherwise-meh.  After the Healers get picked off, I’m guessing it’ll be Lauren and Devon next.  Could we really be getting a final 4 of Chrissy, Ben, Ryan, and JP?  Yikes.  That may surpass last season as being the worst final 4.

• Love 4

I don't get telling people about idols normally but at this time, Chrissy and JP know that Ryan has the idol. Cole is probably suspicious that someone has the idol since it was there, they dug really deep and Cole doesn't have it. So at least three people know that there is an idol in play and two know who has the idol. So telling another ally about the idol isn't a big deal but telling Devon makes no sense to me. OK, it makes limited sense. Ryan had told Devon about his advantage initially and it helped Devon and Ryan develop a bond and an alliance. Ryan is trying to maintain that alliance with Devon and so he tells Devon about the idol, something that is already known by other folks. By telling Devon, Ryan maintains their initial connection and that will help Ryan with Jury votes at the end of the game.

• Love 1

Telling Devon I get, telling Ben I do not get. Maybe Ryan is buying into Joe's hype that Ben is running things. Still stupid in any case.

Are we sure JP knows Ryan has an idol? Yes, he came up behind Ryan while Ryan was getting it, but it's JP and he's very simple and stupid, so I'm not gonna assume he caught that since Ryan obviously tried to hide it from him by shoving it down his pants quickly as JP approached.

I think, based on the edit and dynamics, the only possible winners are Ryan, Chrissy, and Ben. Maybe Devon and Lauren as dark horses. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

What I find weird is Ryan said “I have an idol in my pants.”  Not just ”I have an idol.”  He threw in the part about where it was.

I don’t know if I can pick a winner yet.  Chrissy, Ryan, Mike, and Ben would be my bets, but Chrissy hasn’t gotten the best edit.  As a gamer yeah, but she isn’t well liked by fans online.  She almost seems too cocky to win.  I think they are leading to some arcs with the remaining people.  So we’ll see what happens when her alliance has to start eating each other.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I think if someone actually punched someone else that would count as violence, which is against the rules, but there have been plenty of physical wrestles over idol clues so clearly it's fine (by the show, not by me personally). I guess it makes good TV and the participants are willing - they can easily get out of the situation by just giving up the idol. It's not fair and turns idol/clue hunting into a contest of strength, but it's not new. 

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 1

I guess it would depend if it was deliberate or not.  Yau Man smacked Jonny Fairplay's head into a boat for an idol, but it wasn't intentional (and I should add the internet cheered when that happened).  Alecia and Jason tussled, as did Amanda and Danielle.  I think if those two could have gotten into a knock down, drag out fight they would have, especially, since Colby was being no help.

So yeah, I guess it would depend, and whether the contestant in question suffered serious injuries. 

Edited by LadyChatts
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea really. No one cares that the idol is in your pants, Ryan. So strange.

I don't like Ryan but Kim Spradlin's 'I just found the idol and it's in my crotch' remains one of my favourite Survivor lines ever so I feel like I have to give this a pass. 

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I think, based on the edit and dynamics, the only possible winners are Ryan, Chrissy, and Ben. Maybe Devon and Lauren as dark horses. 

The editing and dynamics gave us no clue a couple of seasons back that Michele would win. So, who knows, maybe the winner will be Ashley.

• Love 2

With Ashley's pre-merge edit I could've easily seen her winning, but she's dropped way off lately. But then again Michele had a similar edit, so you're right, Ashley might still be in it. It's just that dynamics wise, I don't see it. She has no close ties. Hell it doesn't even seem like JP gives a shit about her anymore! In BBB2 people talked about how well-liked Michele was. It was why Aubry wanted her gone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Based on the previews for next week, are we to assume that Lauren, Ashley, and Devon want to join Joe and Mike to pick off the big alliance making it 5-4, or with Lauren's extra vote 6-4? Somebody can correct me if I saw the preview wrong.

I'm not getting my hopes up. It will probably amount to nothing.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Based on the previews for next week, are we to assume that Lauren, Ashley, and Devon want to join Joe and Mike to pick off the big alliance making it 5-4, or with Lauren's extra vote 6-4? Somebody can correct me if I saw the preview wrong.

I'm not getting my hopes up, either.  My guess is it'll go nowhere.  If it does, it'll probably be because someone squeals to Chrissy and the mega alliance and they target that person.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

The preview always lies, although I guess they didn't with the Roark vote.  But that's probably the exception that proves the rule.

Just wait til it's Ryan, Mike, and JP at final tribal, my literal nightmare.

My first reaction anytime I see JP's name is literally "who?!"  I can't remember the last time an alpha male got such a quiet edit.  But given his pre-show interviews, I guess I'm not surprised he's a man of no words.  Didn't I read somewhere that even Probst and the crew weren't quite sure what to make of him because he barely said anything?  

I can't believe I'm even saying this, but I'm rooting for Joe at this point.  He's a douche, but no doubt that's his strategy, and he'd likely have all the Healers votes on the jury.  I'd love to see the majority alliance get overconfident and think he's beatable, only to end up losing to him.  But Princess Ashley will probably get her way before too long and he'll get sent packing.  Queen Chrissy will probably use that as an opportunity to back stab her and say she isn't going along with the group and being too bossy.  That majority alliance is reminding me of Stealths R Us without the code names.

I'd love Joe or Lauren to win at this point.  Devon would be my third choice.  The rest?  I'd rather see a tree stump at TC win.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I haven't gone back to watch last week's episode about the advantage . . . but I was under the impression that she HAD to use it this week.  Because of the lopsided vote, it appears that the existence of the advantage was not made known to the group.  As soon as they had enough to eliminate Cole, they stopped reading off the votes (as they always do).

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if they're taking Joe forward as a goat in the finals.

They should, and when he gets to the end, I would hope he wins it all. Joe does have strategy even though he is using making people angry to do it. I would laugh so hard if Joe does make it to the end and wins. A Joe win would make me like this season more than I barely do now.

• Love 3

https://youtu.be/51nBpqjhFEQ

Two hour episode which means double-the-everything apparently.  The word blindside is getting thrown around (according to Devon it'll be the biggest blindside yet-another red herring by TPTB or one of the majority alliance going at each other finally?).  Since I don't mind Devon, that's probably famous last words for him and he's the one getting blindsided.

Was he one of the ones approaching Mike and Joe at the end of last night's preview?  I remember seeing Lauren talking to them about working with them.

9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Was [Devin] one of the ones approaching Mike and Joe at the end of last night's preview?  I remember seeing Lauren talking to them about working with them.

No, he wasn't. It was Lauren and Ashley. But he was shown with those two earlier in the promo talking about how staying with 'the 7' might not be the best plan.

That promo is way too dramatic so I figure the actual episode will be a huge let down. I'm gonna go with Joe gets booted in the first ep and then there is finally a 'blindside' with 'the 7, but it ends up being Lauren or Ashley who is blindsided.

• Love 2

So the challenge producer said that the final IC is the best IC ever, and Jeff said

“The last third of the season, you cannot predict what is going to happen,” says Probst. “You won’t want to miss it. And you’re going to love the thrill of the drama.” The host also promises that said drama will extend all the way to the final vote in what he is touting as “One of the best finishes. One of my favorite final Tribals — new format, a hearty discussion, and who knows? Minds may be changed in the jury.”

My F3 guess is still, Ryan, Chrissy and Ben, if one of the 3 gets the boot before finals I will put JP in his/her place, JP will win the FIRE making challenge to get to f3, he will not get a vote in FTC, the other 2 will have a tie, and JP will break the tie.