Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

On relinquishing the home: The part that is really killing me is just how totally entitled and rude Jeremy and Auj are to Amy. Look, Amy's no gentle rose, but at the end of the day, she's the one who owns the damn house. If you can't be bothered to even pay lip service to kissing her ass, then you really need to cross moving to the farm off the list. Seriously, lil hipsters, you're the ones with your hands out, wanting the farm and not having the money to buy it. I seriously would love to see what the real opinions of Audrey are. As in, if Amy, Zach and Tory didn't catch it live, I really hope they caught the new ep where Audrey was pleased and smiling to hear their child would likely have life long health difficulties.

I would like to know what the annual income from the show is for Jer and Auj....neither have much motivation and/or initiative to forego that income (it may be in the 6 figures) and launch a career on their own, if they don't have to...assuming the plot lines and story "themes" are already established into the future, my sense is that all these "decisions" regarding where to live and the effect their living arrangements will have on Amy is producer driven.  I believe that after all these years of the participating kids living on their TLC incomes, they don't see the need to venture out.  I also think that the days of Tori trudging away at her kindergarten teaching career may be limited as it's entirely one thing to pursue a career with no children and another with one.  Zach, too, will maybe do something with the Roloff hotel product; however, my sense is that as the ratings rise (with all the publicity the show is now receiving) their salaries from the show will also rise not necessitating them doing anything to generate "income" except as required by the producers.  

• Love 1

I also think that the days of Tori trudging away at her kindergarten teaching career may be limited as it's entirely one thing to pursue a career with no children and another with one.  

I can see her taking time off from teaching while her child(ren) are little, but I also think she will keep her skills and certificates current.  She is smart enough to know that the show won't last forever and that at some point they will need other income.  Since people on reality shows aren't in SAG/AFTRA, they don't qualify for health insurance, residuals, etc.  And especially if the baby is LP, they will need insurance.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, camom said:

I can see her taking time off from teaching while her child(ren) are little, but I also think she will keep her skills and certificates current.  She is smart enough to know that the show won't last forever and that at some point they will need other income.  Since people on reality shows aren't in SAG/AFTRA, they don't qualify for health insurance, residuals, etc.  And especially if the baby is LP, they will need insurance.

I think that if their child is a LP it may necessitate her having to take extended time off in case of medical needs. Zach needed a few surgeries and their child might too! Yes, she should keep all of her certificates up to date because someday she may want to go to go back to work as I think she genuinely likes teaching and the kids. Didn't think about a SAG card and benefits..hmmm. Maybe Jer and Aud could be Christian enough to pray for his brother and wife, after all isn't that what true Christians do? 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Jeremy and Oddrey  (and she is) are as judgemental as the Duggers appear to be. Christian values indeed!

Word.  I've found that the people who crow the loudest about how "Christian" they are tend to be the ones who need Jesus (or whomever) the most.  The Duggars are at the top of that list, in my opinion.  

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 5

I can see Tori returning to work. She stayed until just about the last minute of her pregnancy. They don't seem to blow their money, from what we see, and she certainly can use FMLA.

• Love 1

Two answers for you, Willowsmom.

1. Jeremy hasn't moved to Bend at the time of the photo shoot so no one thought to ask him.

2. Matt has never ever genuinely encouraged the photography career and has repeatedly said the photography career is something Jeremy is "trying" before he settles down on the farm. Why encourage it to run longer?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Sunnybebe - I disagree with you on how all the kids are cowering in terror over Amy's attitude, particularly Jeremy who isn't too terrified of Amy to 'mansplain her how she best get her dumb little ass back to daddy Matt cause Jer is tired of the boyfriend!. That said, Here's how Jeremy solves that problem. Instead of moving home and exposing himself, Jeremy *could* you know, be a man and provide his family with their own hom with his own work. That would remove Amy, and the "messy" and "ugly dynamic" from the equation. Having to deal with Amy is the price Jeremy is apparently considering paying. Which makes me think he's not pissing himself in terror at her every mood change.

Please know that I did not say that the kids were cowering in terror of Amy, only that Tori and Auj have mentioned her getting set off, wanting to avoid it  and the twins agreeing. (Far upthread  And then there are the other events, that others posted like the Thanksgiving scene. I didn't post about that one. )

Then, I said that Molly had an issue with Amy, many seasons ago, which she has disclosed on the show, more than once.   Molly never gave details and I don't know why she has issues with her mom.  I think that Molly has said that they are different. I don't know what that means exactly, only that trying to do things together was a challenge, but, she wanted it to happen, because they were not close.  I do distinctly recall that she was clear that she did intend to get away from the Portland area and it was my impression that she did not want to live near her parents. That's my interpretation, based on how she acted and what she said. It may or may not be how Molly feels now.  I hope we get to see her at some point when she gets married. 

I don't know what you mean about Jeremy manipulating Amy.  I do suspect that he and Auj may not approve of Amy or Matt's overnight events if there's sex involved, based on his purported religious leanings.  Perhaps, he's more liberal in that way than I think, but, there is something that seems to bother him.  It could be that he is spoiled. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that if their child is a LP it may necessitate her having to take extended time off in case of medical needs. Zach needed a few surgeries and their child might too! Yes, she should keep all of her certificates up to date because someday she may want to go to go back to work as I think she genuinely likes teaching and the kids. Didn't think about a SAG card and benefits..hmmm. Maybe Jer and Aud could be Christian enough to pray for his brother and wife, after all isn't that what true Christians do? 

I think the Roloff's, after so many years on TLC, have experts to invest their $$ and carve out funds for essentials like insurance and every other expense that corporations (or whatever the designation is for them) incur.  I'm sure their annual contracts provide increasing income as I notice they now have PR people who routinely get them into such publications as PEOPLE Magazine to ensure their "brand" is part of popular culture and growing.  Of course, this applies to Matt, Amy and the twins who regularly appear.  Molly has chosen to pursue her independence and can expect to earn a handsome living as a CPA and Jacob has apparently decided to have nothing to do with the show so presumably he's still drawing from whatever funds accrued to him during his appearances on the show and/or has adopted a lifestyle that requires much less cash flow.

• Love 1

Thanks for the heads up everybody, I haven't seen the episode yet, and had planned to watch tonight, but I had a rough day at work (I'm a nurse, and lost my first patient, he coded and cpr was unsuccessful, and while I know I will handle death at work, I work in a field where it doesn't typically happen in the clinic) so I am not up for watching the aftermath of sully tonight, I'm glad I read here first.

I was reading all the comments about Matt and Amy splitting the baby clothes... and while this is complete speculation on my part, so it's not a fact, so take it for what it's worth... but I feel like Matt only wanted the clothes because if Amy saved them that meant to some degree she had some desire to keep them or an attachment to them. Had Amy said here I saved these clothes here's some for you, or *gasp* implied that it would be more financially responsible to use the old clothes he would have scoffed at her that he wanted buy his own new stuff.  Again, not a fact but just how I think things would have gone.

• Love 9
(edited)

Sunny, I'm not trying to belabor the point but you're the one in prior comments who has been insisting that Amy has an off screen rage problem which makes Matt and the kids afraid to approach her. You said this:

Often, people with rage issues only do it with certain people.  Like they may never do it at work, but, do it a lot at home. Others will do it, with close friends, but, not casual friends.  I've seen both types.  It's usually not about a big thing.  For example, a total meltdown if the dishwasher is not loaded to their satisfaction.  Or, beating your car with a ball bat, when someone cuts you off in traffic.  I've seen both of those from adult men.  lol  I'm not kidding. We may never know to what degree that Amy goes off.  If it's really an issue, I do hope she gets help, because, it's a handicap.

Which forgive me if I am interpreting your words about Amy - who you also said should seek mental health counseling due to this problem - is someone who is so temperamental, she will have a violent meltdown and we don't know it because it always happens off camera. Equating someone with Amy's on screen persona with someone who grabs a baseball bat and commits road rage is why I think you're stating that Tory and Audrey's short conversation about not wanting to rile Amy is an indicator that they are afraid of Amy becoming dangerously violent in private. That's the example you used when you described Amy's rage problem and why the kids are afraid to approach her.

As I said before, I am not seeing the kids AFRAID to approach Amy because she might fly off in a violent rage. If you are not saying you think in private that Amy's behavior is so concerning that the family fears her, then you may want to rescind the above comment or concede that Amy's rage problem that is so severe she needs to see a counselor probably isn't that severe and her family isn't terrified to approach her or contradict her because of her rage.

As for Molly - it's been stated many times in interviews and on facebook by Matt and Amy that Molly doesn't like filming. Aside from that,  I personally don't see any evidence Molly has a strained relationship with either parent (whereas Jacob clearly has some issues with both) and the normal dynamic in families is not for the kids to leach around Mom and Dad because life is too hard but to fly the nest the way Molly has done.

And my point about Jeremy? He's a grown man, and man enough to impregnate his wife. If he doesn't want to deal with his mom's sexual side, he can be a man and not ask mom to let him and the wife move in. He can provide himself with his own home instead of expecting the farm to be handed to him. No one is forcing him to be around Amy at this point.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, camom said:

I imagine that Amy's hands are tied a bit with regard to the house.  She and Matt own the farm jointly, right?  So I don't think she can sell the house.  Even renting it out might not be OK (depending on the divorce agreement).  Matt, Jer & Auj are going to guilt-trip her endlessly for living alone in the big house.

Even if it's just her in the house, the house still suits her fine...she loves to cook and entertain people. Also, I'm sure the big house works great for out of town family and friends to stay in. How Matt and Jer' don't see that, or care should be very off putting to her. 

I have wondered, too, what the logistics of selling the house would be on land that's jointly owned. 

• Love 3

One thing I have always wondered about Jer and especially Odd. Is their fairly religious way of life (to put it one way) recent? As opposed to having grown up that way? I am just asking because I have a couple of girlfriends who were very religious, and it was extremely important to them that they get married in the church they attended throughout their childhoods. I am surprised that Odd did not want to get married in her church, and was happy to get married outside at the Roloff farm. Was the draw of having her wedding televised more important that her religion, at least at that point in her life? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Honey said:

Damn you TLC.  I was bawling through half the episode, since It brought back so many memories of losing my beloved dog Ian.  I think it's harder to lose a pet than a human member of the family, because people just cannot understand the depth of grief you suffer.  It's expected with a human loss, but people think you can just easily "get over" the loss of a pet, and you can't.

I am sorry for the loss of your dog. It always hurts to lose a pet. I have loved every pet I have ever had which includes dogs and cats! I have had to put several pets down in my 38 years. But I do have to say that the pain and grief at the loss of my pets pales in comparison to the loss of my wife. She died after just 573 days of marriage from complications of cancer. The pain and grief from the loss of my beloved wife is in another universe compared to the loss of my pets. She died in April of 2015 and I still visit her grave every day to pray the rosary for her. God bless you!

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, FGD-135 said:

I am sorry for the loss of your dog. It always hurts to lose a pet. I have loved every pet I have ever had which includes dogs and cats! I have had to put several pets down in my 38 years. But I do have to say that the pain and grief at the loss of my pets pales in comparison to the loss of my wife. She died after just 573 days of marriage from complications of cancer. The pain and grief from the loss of my beloved wife is in another universe compared to the loss of my pets. She died in April of 2015 and I still visit her grave every day to pray the rosary for her. God bless you!

This is so hard because it was so fast. I had a bulldog  killed by veternarian  error. It was like having a family member murdered by a friend. No one is lessening your grief but don't minimize Tori ' s grief either.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, FGD-135 said:

I'm sorry for your loss.  How horrible that must have been.  :(

• Love 3
11 hours ago, leighroda said:

Thanks for the heads up everybody, I haven't seen the episode yet, and had planned to watch tonight, but I had a rough day at work (I'm a nurse, and lost my first patient, he coded and cpr was unsuccessful, and while I know I will handle death at work, I work in a field where it doesn't typically happen in the clinic) so I am not up for watching the aftermath of sully tonight, I'm glad I read here first.

Worst part of the job (well one of...having to do procedures to tiny kids that don't understand what's going on is pretty bad too). I empathize. 

8 hours ago, FGD-135 said:

I'm very sorry for the loss of your wife and it's not nice that it happened to you at such an early age though I don't think that it's nice at any age. 

This was a tough episode. Loss and grief are something that we all face someday but it just blows. I've had many losses in my life (sister, parents and pets). The stabbing pain does go away but we never forget. Cherish all the good memories you have stored in your minds. 

• Love 5

IMO, if a person has anger issues, that solicits public comments from multiple family members and her current boyfriend, then there might be a problem that a counselor could help with.   Plus, I know what I have witnessed over the years. (Thanksgiving is one example.)  There is also the fact that Amy did not deny the comment about her anger when confronted by her boyfriend.  As well as the fact that her friends didn't act too shocked either. They wondered where Chris saw her anger, but, not that it existed.  I also stated that often people who go off with their anger do so only with certain people as targets.  Others, may never be the target.  Chris said that he was not the target, but, that he is apprehensive that he could be.  This is what Chris said.   For some reason, this is a storyline the show took and not my decision.  I suspect that if you are an Amy fan and really admire her, it might be something that is hard to accept about her.  I mean, she is an impressive person. She's quite charming and has a lot of good qualities.  However, it's her own family and boyfriend who have made these comments about her.  And her reaction is not a denial, but, an explanation of why she has an anger issue.  She claims that it's a defense mechanism.   What she does with it, is her decision.  Since she seems so much happier now, I do hope she works it out with that issue.  And I'm done about the anger issue/  I hope I have explained my point.  

Does anyone know where Tori's parents and Auj's parents live?  Is it near Portland or not?  And, are both of their parents still married or divorced?

One thing that I liked about Tori is that she seemed to think that the baby picking his nose like Daddy was cute! lol

• Love 1

If Amy frequently flies into a rage, that would be TV gold, and you can be sure TLC would have showed it at some point during all these years.. I'm not buying it, and I am not an Amy fan, nor do I find her "charming".

Everyone gets angry sometimes, if you don't then you're expressing it in other ways, like the passive-aggressive bullshit that Matt pulls so often. A far as Chris goes, I personally think that he's looking for an "out" he can use sometime in the future, if he needs it.  No one on the show if afraid of Amy.

• Love 15

What Honey said, complete with how I don't find Amy charming either. Amy blowing her top would never ever be hidden, that we have never seen the rage fests and the family cowering in terror is why I don't think the family is terrified of setting Amy off. Especially when Matt and now Jeremy pointedly pick fights and display their irritation despite knowing about Amy's secret rage that never appears on camera even tho at one point the cameras were filming 18 hours a day 6 days a week.

• Love 8

Someone with a rage problem = Kate Gosselin.  That was out there for the world to see.  She couldn't control it.  As said above, TLC would put that out there if they had it and after all these years, they'd have it.  Someone who doesn't hold back from sharing an opinion or gets a little steamed up now and again does not equal rage.  Anger and rage are not the same thing.  Thanksgiving was definitely not rage.  Reacting to someone who is deliberately pushing your buttons and who has done so for decades is in fact somewhat expected.  It's a shame she hasn't figured out better ways to deal with Matt's manipulations, but it's still definitely not rage.

• Love 18

Put me in the not a lot of redeeming qualities in Matt or Amy team, but I agree. All of them have shown anger at different points, but none out of the ordinary. The one time you could say she was displaying a lot of anger was when she was trying to keep the inspector off the property, but even then it was measured and more determined. My dad would have clocked the guy. Now, he had anger issues.

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Someone who doesn't hold back from sharing an opinion or gets a little steamed up now and again does not equal rage.  Anger and rage are not the same thing.  Thanksgiving was definitely not rage.  Reacting to someone who is deliberately pushing your buttons and who has done so for decades is in fact somewhat expected.  It's a shame she hasn't figured out better ways to deal with Matt's manipulations, but it's still definitely not rage.

Hear! Hear!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can see Tori returning to work. She stayed until just about the last minute of her pregnancy. They don't seem to blow their money, from what we see, and she certainly can use FMLA.

Zach made a comment that made it seem like she'd be taking off the next year at least.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, if a person has anger issues, that solicits public comments from multiple family members and her current boyfriend, then there might be a problem that a counselor could help with.   Plus, I know what I have witnessed over the years. (Thanksgiving is one example.)  There is also the fact that Amy did not deny the comment about her anger when confronted by her boyfriend.  As well as the fact that her friends didn't act too shocked either. They wondered where Chris saw her anger, but, not that it existed.  I also stated that often people who go off with their anger do so only with certain people as targets.  Others, may never be the target.  Chris said that he was not the target, but, that he is apprehensive that he could be.  This is what Chris said.   For some reason, this is a storyline the show took and not my decision.  I suspect that if you are an Amy fan and really admire her, it might be something that is hard to accept about her.  I mean, she is an impressive person. She's quite charming and has a lot of good qualities.  However, it's her own family and boyfriend who have made these comments about her.  And her reaction is not a denial, but, an explanation of why she has an anger issue.  She claims that it's a defense mechanism.   What she does with it, is her decision.  Since she seems so much happier now, I do hope she works it out with that issue.  And I'm done about the anger issue/  I hope I have explained my point.  

Does anyone know where Tori's parents and Auj's parents live?  Is it near Portland or not?  And, are both of their parents still married or divorced?

One thing that I liked about Tori is that she seemed to think that the baby picking his nose like Daddy was cute! lol

I'm not sure where either set of the wives parents live, but it doesn't seem like it's far, I don't know much about the geography of the area (I live in Texas) but the times the other families have been shown it has never seemed like a special event (it's usually a special event, but I mean it's not an ordeal to get everyone together), meaning there isn't mention anyone coming from out of town, or special arrangements, and moreso toris family but they seem to easily be there for family event (i.e. The pregnancy announcement) the premise of getting them together was all the parents have days close together, but the event seemed like a casual get together, not something people would come from out of town for. 

Also I think they (zach/tori Jeremy/Audrey) met while everyone was living at home (as far as I know) which would indicate the families also live relatively close, assuming nobody had moved since.

• Love 2
On 5/24/2017 at 9:37 AM, ZoloftBlob said:

Yes, and if the family wasn't already dissing the double wide, I'd strongly suggest this as an option, but we already know the Roloff attitude towards mobile homes.

Well, since Jeremy and Audrey fancy themselves hippies or flower children they can buy into the latest fad -- tiny homes -- and do what probably thousands of tiny-home buyers do: plant the thing on Ma and Pop's land, hook up to Ma and Pop's utilities, etc. 

But I don't think that will happen unless the paycheck from TLC ends  and there is no other recourse.  Then again, don't reality-show cast members receive royalty checks as long as their show airs reruns?  The amount of money wouldn't be substantial, I don't think, but still...

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Then again, don't reality-show cast members receive royalty checks as long as their show airs reruns?  

No, they don't usually if ever.  Residuals are a hard fought perk from being in a guild (union).  Reality personalities aren't eligible for guild membership and thus get none of those benefits.  The networks own the shows outright and are free to do with them as they please. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I seem to remember a scene where Jeremy mentioned that they chose Bend because it is approximately the middle between in laws.

• Love 1

I found this with an internet search--but who knows if it's anywhere close to being true:

Each member of the Roloff family who particpates in filming receives $15,000 per episode. The family gets $750,000 per season for the rights to film on their land. Per TLC

And this is from Audrey's website regarding where her parents live :

Just before my wedding, my parents moved from the suburbs to the country. Now they live on a farm one mile up the road from my husband’s family. The train trestle (our spot) where we got engaged is now in my parent’s backyard.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I'm not sure where either set of the wives parents live, but it doesn't seem like it's far, I don't know much about the geography of the area (I live in Texas) but the times the other families have been shown it has never seemed like a special event (it's usually a special event, but I mean it's not an ordeal to get everyone together), meaning there isn't mention anyone coming from out of town, or special arrangements, and moreso toris family but they seem to easily be there for family event (i.e. The pregnancy announcement) the premise of getting them together was all the parents have days close together, but the event seemed like a casual get together, not something people would come from out of town for. 

Also I think they (zach/tori Jeremy/Audrey) met while everyone was living at home (as far as I know) which would indicate the families also live relatively close, assuming nobody had moved since.

I thought I remembered Audrey say that she and her mom use to come to the farm to buy peaches, before the pumpkins were a thing & since Tori worked at the farm I think her parents live relatively close also. 

• Love 1

Amy hasn't posted a thing on twitter since the one about the library and audio books. That's quite a while for her. Normally she promotes the next episode. Just strange. Hope all is well.

Audrey basically gave her parent's address out mentioning the tressle is in their back yard, to anyone local or familiar with it..

(edited)
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Someone who doesn't hold back from sharing an opinion or gets a little steamed up now and again does not equal rage.  Anger and rage are not the same thing.

Exactly!  It really pisses me off that Amy is giving Chris the power to make her question herself. I wish she had more confidence in herself so she could tell Chris that she has no problem being who she is and if it's a problem for him, then maybe their relationship isn't going to work. She shouldn't have to second guess what she says or the tone she says it in every time she opens her mouth. Problem is I think Amy is madly in love with Chris and he just likes her.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I dislike Chris and want to shake Amy!

His body language at the Soup Night said it all.

Agreed! There's just something about him that's incredibly bothersome and dare I say creeptastic? But that's just me...

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/25/2017 at 9:23 AM, Absolom said:

Someone with a rage problem = Kate Gosselin.  That was out there for the world to see.  She couldn't control it.  As said above, TLC would put that out there if they had it and after all these years, they'd have it.  

Yes. In the 10-year anniversary special, the twins talked about their regard for the crew. Given that all four kids were pretty young when filming started, the crew likely would not have been all right with Amy's "rage problem," especially if it caused her to mistreat the kids. Crews haven't hesitated to show other TLC personalities in a bad light, but that's never really happened with the Roloffs (except that early on, we were treated to lingering looks of their messy house). To be sure, there would not be a lot of camera love for an out-of-control Amy.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 2

Two reasons why Chris seems a bit creeptastic to me....Amy is so tiny and he looks like a huge guy hovering over her....ACK!  Second, notwithstanding his size difference, if he was into her, I mean, REALLY Into Her, he would come across as Nicer.  We'd all be happy for her that she's found someone nice, but we don't get that vibe.  He's there, he's guarded, and she appears to want more from him, that he's not giving...so there is That.....

• Love 6

Opened an account just so I could share that I agree with everyone regarding Chris. He's a smug bastard and gives off a controlling creepy vibe. She needs to keep looking. I actually do think he's into her and seemed jealous that that other guy has been attending the soup dinners that he hasn't been invited to. However, he seems like the type who will play mind games to maintain the upper hand.

The way Jer and Audrey treat Amy is disrespectful and inexcusable. Audrey takes issue with Amy's dating, but not Matt's obvious affair because girl is blinded by the dollar signs in her eyes as she drools over owning the farm. She sees Matt as more influential in all that. 

• Love 10

Amy seems like she's smart enough to make her own decisions about Chris.  I suspect that his non-committal comment was staged, but, who knows.  I choose to not paint Amy as a victim, who is suffering due to her partner...again.  She seems happy and hopefully, this season will reveal that she and Chris are in love and happy.  

• Love 3

I think the kids should mind their own damn business! She dates- so what!

Your Dad was an Ahole and now they are divorced. 

Get over it!

What possible problems could there be that concern you about any of that??

• Love 5

Amy has every right to date a "creep" (not so sure about his creep status) just like the rest of us.  

I am sure we have ALL dated someone we probably shouldn't have.  Almost anyone is better than MATT!  Not that I am using Matt as a standard...

Am glad she is having a relationship and it probably is not the last one she'll have.  

And if they do break up, so what.  Couples break up all the time.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

Amy has every right to date a "creep" (not so sure about his creep status) just like the rest of us.  

I am sure we have ALL dated someone we probably shouldn't have.  Almost anyone is better than MATT!  Not that I am using Matt as a standard...

Am glad she is having a relationship and it probably is not the last one she'll have.  

And if they do break up, so what.  Couples break up all the time.  

I think we're just using the term creep to help explain what it is about him that bothers us that we just can't lay our fingers on. Perhaps he's a perfectly nice man and he gets nervous around cameras and acts in a way that's a little off-putting. But, he comes off smug and I hate that for her. Again, he could just be very uncomfortable airing his life.  

I'm glad she's dating. She deserves it after years of putting up with Matt, for sure! :)

• Love 7
19 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I dislike Chris and want to shake Amy!

His body language at the Soup Night said it all.

I think that was the first time he was hanging around just HER friends. And the first time he had been invited to the event so I'm sure he probably wasn't totally himself.  The first time he came over when she had the pool party I believe he brought some of his own friends so this might have made him feel a little uncomfortable and slightly out of place. 

• Love 1

Chris speaks as if he is very aware of the cameras.  I am not so sure he likes it, frankly.  

Time will tell, and Amy is quite capable of having her heart broken just like tall peeps, lol.  Or, perhaps he will be the one.  I doubt it but I hope she is having a good time.

I would rather deal with a Chris, Zach type than a Matt or Jeremy.  

• Love 3
On 5/24/2017 at 0:14 PM, SuzyLee said:

TLC is doing a masterful job of showing the dichotomy between his and Auj(drey)'s visits to Amy and those with Matt.  Amy gets tense, terse, clipped Jer(emy) and disconnected, obviously bored Auj(drey), while Matt gets completely engaged, fully present Jer(emy) and slightly less bored Auj(drey).  Their time spent in the house has the tone of something done out of a sense of reluctant duty.  Their time in the double-wide or standing alongside Matt's glorified golf cart is much more enthusiastic.

I think they are trying to manipulate her.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:03 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Jeremy and Odd are cool to Amy because she is not relinquishing the family home to them, which is what they expected would happen. Because Jer is the Golden Child, and Odd the Golden Child Bride. If Amy came to her senses and realized they should be the rightful owners of Casa Roloff, not Amy, they would be just fine with he

BINGO!

On 5/24/2017 at 1:19 PM, 3girlsforus said:

No kidding. I always thought of Zach as the kid mostly likely to end up a side show on Howard Stern. But he's definitely surprising me. 

This last episode had Zach talking about how hard it was to "keep up" with his twin and their friends.  Now that the twins are not in the same microcosm he seems to have reflected and is flourishing on his own.  I think his teen years were mere aping of Jer and the friends.

• Love 3