Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Dogwalker

• Start Topic

Ray cleans up Natalie's mess. At home, however, he struggles to reconnect with his family and complete anger management. Unable to reach Maureen, Terry visits Conor at military school. A surprise visit from Frank Barnes threatens to sink Mickey back into a life of violence. Bunchy happens upon the business opportunity of a lifetime to provide for Teresa and Maria.

Promo:

Clips:

The Spay/Neuter t-shirt on the gross husband was all kinds of win.

An episode light on Abby with Lena in a kooky sweater? More please. Something tells me Ray will eventually have a break through in the anger management course, which is when Abby Normal will disappear and that's win-win for all.

The real question is why the audience should care about this 20 something actress they're trying hard to impress us with. Making her seem like a Jennifer Lawrence is not remotely convincing.  Ray has consistently picked very badly in the side piece arena.

Oh and I must have missed Conor's (one N, really?) growth spurt, because he looks like an full grown adult.

Good episode overall.

• Love 5

Mickey tried to go straight with the script and got shot down.  Thing is, why did he write the script?  Ray could have hooked them up with a veteran screenwriter, not necessarily call in a favor but just an introduction through all the stars whose asses he's saved over the years.    

The stories Mickey could tell would probably get some screenwriter interested, probably as a commercially viable vehicle of some kind.

Terry seems to have a lot of money.  I know he trained a boxing champ to a victory in a big fight but looks like he's rolling in more cash than Ray even.

Then you have Bunchy looking at no-fuss million dollar investments which will bring all kinds of cash flow.  OK, so he still has some of Primm's money then?  But then why was he trying to join Theresa on the Lucha Noche tour?  Or why was he working under Lena doing menial things or being a barkeep at Abby's bar?  I know they probably don't have enough money to be set for life but he should have some breathing room to look for better options than what he's been dealing with.

Even if he gets into the lucrative investment, maybe Theresa won't be satisfied being around Bunchy and home all the time.  Maybe with her mental issues, she needs to be the luchadora.  But this show likes to punish the Donovan brothers and Bunchy in particular so she'll probably cheat on him on the road and it looks like Bunchy and Mickey get into trouble again.

Plus apparently Avi is a loose cannon and could get Ray in trouble.  Though after they pulled it off with killing the Russian mob last season, it will be interesting to see why Avi and Ray broke up their business arrangement and maybe friendship.                      

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did anyone catch what the grey-bearded director (?) said to Ray when they were watching Natalie on screen at the studio???  (I replayed a half dozen times & couldn't decipher.)

Director said “she’s pretty special, isn’t she?"

Ray said "what?"

Director said "I said she's pretty special, isn't she, Natalie?"

Ray grunts an acknowledgement

Director said "Hey listen, thanks for the other day, I appreciate it”. 

Ray said, “no problem”

Director said “I’ll see you later Ray”

Edited by HollyG
  • Love 3

Help me out: Didn't Terry tell everyone (in the bar) the morning of his wedding that he confessed about the prostitute incident to his fiancé (I can't remember her name)? He joked and said he was sweating she wouldn't forgive him and it took 9 hours? Now she's mad and it's like she didn't find out until the incident at the post-wedding dinner?

• Love 4

The first thing I thought when I saw Natalie in the shower was how glad I was that Connah wasn't home so he couldn't walk in and see that. How does Conor think he's going to be a great soldier when he doesn't like following directions or obeying authority figures?

I don't know if therapy or anger management is actually working for Ray, but he definitely stopped himself from blowing up when he found Natalie in his bed wearing one of Abby's shirts so there's that.

OF COURSE Ray fucked Natalie while Abby was dying. Despite all of his claims that he loves Abby and he's changed and things are different now, he has never encountered a vagina that he wouldn't fuck.

Rob continues to get grosser every time we see him. First he was just a wife beater. Now he's a wife beater who moved in with a woman who was 13 years older and then switched over to her teenage daughter. What a guy!

Mickey's delusions of grandeur never go away. He was somehow convinced that his screenplay was awesome and that it was going to be made into a movie tout de suite. Even before I'd heard a word of it, I knew it would be garbage. Why do any of the Donovans still trust him with any sort of responsibility? He fell asleep while he was supposed to keep an eye on Natalie and he gave Maria the old fashioned booze on the pacifier even though she wasn't even fussing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

OF COURSE Ray fucked Natalie while Abby was dying. Despite all of his claims that he loves Abby and he's changed and things are different now, he has never encountered a vagina that he wouldn't fuck.

YES, of course. I rolled my eyes big time at that. We knew they knew each other and had some kind of history when she came to see him in his office, so of course that history is...they fucked.

Yep, poor Ray, He can't even walk the dog without falling into some stray vagina. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TVWatcher12 said:

Help me out: Didn't Terry tell everyone (in the bar) the morning of his wedding that he confessed about the prostitute incident to his fiancé (I can't remember her name)? He joked and said he was sweating she wouldn't forgive him and it took 9 hours? Now she's mad and it's like she didn't find out until the incident at the post-wedding dinner?

Yes, yes he did.  I can understand her being really mad about it, but if that were the case why did she go through with the wedding?  Post-wedding she should be more mad at her brother than anyone else!

I can't stand Mickey, but that shot of him with the little dog sleeping on his belly with the big dog on the floor did give me a good laugh.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 7

Bleh.  I'm already over the stupid actress and her femme fatale act, head games, and breathy voice.  

You know things are not going to go right for Bunchy with this self-storage deal.  I doubt that lady is screwing him over, she works with Ray, so it'll go wrong some other way.

Conor, new setting, same little shit.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Bleh.  I'm already over the stupid actress and her femme fatale act, head games, and breathy voice.  

You know things are not going to go right for Bunchy with this self-storage deal.  I doubt that lady is screwing him over, she works with Ray, so it'll go wrong some other way.

Conor, new setting, same little shit.

AJ Soprano, reincarnated.

• Love 3

In reply to "roughing it"  -- Abby and the lousy actress who plays her.  It's just bad bad bad acting. I can't stand her. I have always fast forwarded through her scenes just like I did with Mad Men and some of Don Draper's bad actress girl friends. But, this was a good episode, and I died laughing with Mickey and the dog asleep on his tummy as well. I just love that Liev! He can do anything he wants. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Abby and the lousy actress who plays her.

Actually I meant the "actress" that Ray is helping, the one he swerved to miss on the windy road and who thought she killed her abusive husband.  Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

• Love 2

I've heard whiskey  on the gums is an "old school" thing for teething but seeing an alcoholic /drug user dip a pacifier when the baby wasn't even crying isn't entertainment to me.

Whoops. I guess I was off in my estimate  of  Ray would  be sleeping  with her in 2 episodes. Of course he already  has what show did I think I was watching? So Ray only cares that Mickey fucked  around on his mother it seems, not the fact that a guy shouldn't  cheat on his dying wife, which until now  I figured that was difference Ray justified himself as his affairs being better than Mickey.

I'm unclear on what happened with Avi. He's  working for the FBI guy but was hiding something? My dog was making noise and I don't feel like going through the episode again for that scene. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

Am I the only one getting confused by the timeline? The jumping back and forth is pretty confounding on this show.

Ok, the Ray I know (and love) is finally back. I wasn't buying the retconned romance with his shrew of a wife. Ray going out to walk the dog and then fucking a random stranger he met only a few moments ago? That I can buy...even if she was the cause of his and his spouse's near fatality.

• Love 2

Well Ray sure was a colossal douchebag this episode.

"Ray, I'm gonna be fuckin' dead in two weeks, can you play Scrabble with us one last time?"

"Nah, I'm gonna get drunk and bang our hot neighbor."

Conor is still an unlikable little shit.  I guess each week we'll be alternating between him and the equally annoying Bridget.

I thought the reviews of Mickey were pretty funny.  All those exclamation points, haha.

I also didn't get the part about Terry and the prostitute.  He told Maureen everything before the wedding after her brother threatened to expose him, at least that's what he told his family.   Wouldn't that have included the part about him actually sleeping with the prostitute?  He left that detail out but told everyone else?  I don't get it.  Sounds like some sloppy and ambiguous writing.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

After re-watching, I think Terry's wife found out at the (still unaired) bar scene that *everyone knew about the prostitute episode, not just Terry. He probably left out all of Ray and Abby's involvement when he told her and then it comes up in a public place humiliating her all over again. It's just a guess, but it makes sense given what she says at the door.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, Dobian said:

Well Ray sure was a colossal douchebag this episode.

"Ray, I'm gonna be fuckin' dead in two weeks, can you play Scrabble with us one last time?"

"Nah, I'm gonna get drunk and bang our hot neighbor."

Conor is still an unlikable little shit.  I guess each week we'll be alternating between him and the equally annoying Bridget.

I thought the reviews of Mickey were pretty funny.  All those exclamation points, haha.

I also didn't get the part about Terry and the prostitute.  He told Maureen everything before the wedding after her brother threatened to expose him, at least that's what he told his family.   Wouldn't that have included the part about him actually sleeping with the prostitute?  He left that detail out but told everyone else?  I don't get it.  Sounds like some sloppy and ambiguous writing.

Did he sleep with her or did she just knock him out and rob him?  I can't quite recall.

I love reading these threads.  Ray walks out on a dying Abby and fucks the neighbor.  Yet Abby's a shrew?  I love this show but it's clearly made for a male audience.  There's more random T&A than Game of Thrones. 

My favorite scenes have always been Ray and his family.  The rest is like a procedural case of the week.  Looks like I'm the only one tearing up over Abby. 

Guess Mickey thinks it's never too soon to fuck up a Donovan.  I'd rather Dog babysit Maria than Mickey. 

• Love 3