Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: New Orleans in the Media

• Start Topic

On 9/17/2017 at 5:44 PM, CooperTV said:

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR

Zoe McLellan (NCIS: New Orleans) has joined the Season 2 cast as a series regular, playing White House counsel Kendra Daynes.

Sad that she's not coming back but happy she's found a new show.

Edited by marina to
  • Love 2

Showrunner Brad Kern is the latest Hollywood player to have harassment reports come out. I've seen some comments wondering if his behavior is connected to Zoe McClellan's departure.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/brad-kern-cbs-showrunner-ncis-new-orleans-cbs-harassment-1202641474/

http://deadline.com/2017/12/ncis-new-orleans-showrunner-brad-kern-investigation-misconduct-1202227263/

Edited by TheOtherOne

I wonder how Scott Bakula figures in to all this? He is a producer of the show. Based on his reputation on other shows I can’t imagine that he would just allow this to happen...

Thiugh I did read one comment indicating that most of the harassment occurred in the writers room, which is in LA and the actors film in NOLA.

oh, and the fact that they use a pic of Bakula and his wife for their article is disturbing.

1 hour ago, neuromom said:

I wonder how Scott Bakula figures in to all this? He is a producer of the show. Based on his reputation on other shows I can’t imagine that he would just allow this to happen...

Thiugh I did read one comment indicating that most of the harassment occurred in the writers room, which is in LA and the actors film in NOLA.

oh, and the fact that they use a pic of Bakula and his wife for their article is disturbing.

Not everyone who is listed as a producer is doing producer duty. It usually depends on what is negotiated. It is very possible that Bakula is listed as a producer but has not say in what is going on on the show or that he only has a say in the story of his character, for example.

When I read about Kern I wondered about McLellan but more so, I wondered if that was why Pride was going where he was going. Somehow, the show felt less Pride-centered at the beginning.

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 2

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kern isn't actually on set, so Bakula and others in the cast may not be aware of his behavior. He supposedly acted the same way when he ran Charmed, where Alyssa Milano was both a producer and one of the stars. After the story about him broke, she was interviewed about her experiences with him there:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/alyssa-milano-charmed-brad-kern-allegations-reform-hollywood-sexual-harassment-1202641523/

we never saw our writers or knew where the writer’s room was or where Brad was. They were in a completely different building — I think it was the Spelling building, and we shot at Paramount. And it was so bad that sometimes we couldn’t even get him on the phone. Holly [Marie Combs] and I produced the last five years of the show, and when we would try to get him on the phone, we couldn’t get him. When we would get him on the phone, he wouldn’t have the script in front of him, so we just assumed he wasn’t in the office.

We didn’t have an on-set producer so Holly [Marie Combs] and I took on that role. We would make on-set adjustments, because there was no one on set to make those adjustments. And Brad was the showrunner, so he ran the writer’s room. I don’t think that it was necessarily a bad way of doing it, because the show was on for eight years, but there were definitely moments where, as actors who also produced, we would look for dialogue changes and we were always very conscious about getting approval for them, and we were not able to get Brad on the phone. That was the extent of our interaction with him other than the few times he came down to the set for celebratory purposes — when we reached our 150th episode, or when we wrapped the final season. It was definitely a disconnect.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Another woman leaving the show. I don't believe that it's not related to Brad Kern.

NCIS: New Orleans’ Actress Shalita Grant to Leave Show

I don't watch the show anymore, but I came by to see if this news had been posted. 

I am not at all surprised about this news. The last time I watched the show Shalita was a glorified extra at best. I never thought she got enough screentime. I don't know if that was her choice or TPTB, but I wish her the best with her future endeavors. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Another woman leaving the show. I don't believe that it's not related to Brad Kern.

NCIS: New Orleans’ Actress Shalita Grant to Leave Show

No, no, no.  It is "completely unrelated to a recent Variety report about the drama’s showrunner, Brad Kern, who is alleged to have made racially insensitive remarks and engaged in sexual harassment. "  They "fixed" it - they "said" so.  So that can't be it. (/sarcasm)

Anyhow, it's too bad she's leaving.  Maybe she does just want to do other things.

• Love 1

Shalita has been dividing her time between this show and another one these last couple seasons, I think. I will miss her character.  She grew on me over time. 

I loved Zoe’s character from day 1.   

Its sad when  back stage issues mess with our shows. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Delurking to post that Kern is out as a showrunner. This show used to be appointment tv for me, but finding out about Kern (the sexual harassment and firing McClellan) in December and Grant's exit in January did me in. I can't believe they haven't entirely fired him. 

Hopefully this improves enjoyment for some. 

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/16/exclusive-ncis-new-orleans-showrunner-brad-kern-subject-of-metoo-complaints-is-out/

Edited by JustS
  • Love 5

After this past season I'm ready to give the show up. It's all being centered around one male character (even if I like the actor) and two of the few female actors who I liked left most likely due to the toxic BTS atmosphere. This part in the article @JustS linked to makes my blood boil.

Sources tell THR that more a dozen female writers and editors — as well as a number of men who objected to or disliked the toxic atmosphere on NCIS: NOLA — have left the show in the past two years. And the alleged mistreatment doesn’t necessarily end when people leave: Some sources say that even when they exited of their own volition, Kern told others they had been fired.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Jaded said:

After this past season I'm ready to give the show up. It's all being centered around one male character (even if I like the actor) and two of the few female actors who I liked left most likely due to the toxic BTS atmosphere. This part in the article @JustS linked to makes my blood boil.

It's disgusting. It also upset me to read the new showrunner Christopher Silber has made things worse. I used to follow him on Twitter and he seemed like a nice guy (that just goes to show you never know). 

This is like watching a wreck for me at this point. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

two of the few female actors who I liked left most likely due to the toxic BTS atmosphere.

@Jaded In the Variety article in December, it was stated Kern "engineered" Zoe McLellan's exit as Brody because he didn't think men viewed her as f*ckable (that was the word used). So, McClellan was fired.

As for Shalita Grant, her management and the show reps took pains to state Kern's HR issues didn't have anything to do with her exit. Personally, I didn't believe that for a second. 

Edited by JustS
Misspelling.
  • Love 4
(edited)

Any scoop on what to expect fromNCIS: New Orleans Season 5?

With Percy gone, Lasalle tending to matters at home and Pride quite possibly dead!!!! (I kid), it may not surprise you to know that casting is currently underway for the series regular role of a female, 30something agent who has been happily working overseas assignments (specializing in international counter intel, counterterrorism and such), but now is ready to “put down roots” and join a team full-time.

Source: TV Line

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
On 6/26/2018 at 8:58 AM, Jaded said:

So the first female Special Forces Sergeant didn't work out? Or will she turned out to be a bartender who "consults" with an assault rifle every few episodes.

Is Daryl “Chill” Mitchell leaving NCIS: New Orleans for his new gig at Fear the Walking Dead? Or is this just another side project? We love our Triple P!

Not to worry, Patton will be around to help track bad guys and solve crimes during NOLA Season 5 (premiering Tuesday, Sept. 25t). Mitchell is able to fit both shows into his schedule.

• Love 2

Looks like these episodes will air a week later in Canada...unless anyone else has heard anything different? Couldn't find this week's episode in the listings for yesterday.

Edited by secnarf
On 9/26/2018 at 7:23 PM, secnarf said:

Looks like these episodes will air a week later in Canada...unless anyone else has heard anything different? Couldn't find this week's episode in the listings for yesterday.

If you have satellite, you can get episode 1 on NTV at 7pm Eastern time tonight.  Also at 7pm Eastern, you can get episode 2 on Global.

2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

It took them long enough.

1 hour ago, Trey said:

If you have satellite, you can get episode 1 on NTV at 7pm Eastern time tonight.  Also at 7pm Eastern, you can get episode 2 on Global.

It took them long enough.

I don't have satellite :( Oddly enough though, they aired the episode On Demand...just couldn't find it on actual live TV.

When I saw that headline I had mixed feelings - it was really really strange to be watching the last episodes of TV shows where they would go into a crowded restaurant or something, totally ignoring the COVID world. But I wasn't sure I wanted to see COVID reflected in TV too, since living it every day (I work in a hospital) is more than enough for me.

After reading the article, I am certain I would rather keep my TV shows COVID-free. I understand many reasons why they would include COVID, but I don't need or want to see more COVID stories - especially with the setting in the US.

I wonder if all shows will include it, or if there will be a weird mix where some shows live in a glorious COVID-free world. At any rate, if they are going to do it, I hope they don't do it halfway and leave the characters without masks and whatnot.

• Love 1

I didn't realize this show was going back into production for the fall.  For shows that do a lot of location work (like most of the CBS procedurals) I think they have to acknowledge it because all the people on the streets are going to masked up.  For the comic book based shows and others not set in our real world they will probably try to ignore it. 

• Useful 1

Watching some old episodes.  With the change on executives, both on the show and at CBS, I would have hoped for Borin or Brody to return since those were the people responsible for their departures.  

• Love 2

I'm not entirely surprised.  They have Pride settling down with Rita, Tammy has a girlfriend and they have even given Sebastian a relationship.   The plots this season have seemed to focus more on the characters personal lives than the crimes.  Of course, LA has been writing like they're winding down the characters for at least 3 seasons now.   I wouldn't be surprised if it ends too.  At this point I would rather it end if I had to pick between the two.   

NOLA has had a lot of cast turnover which hasn't helped things.  I think losing Lasalle was a big blow.  There's also been a lot of backstage drama which hasn't helped it, on screen or with the executives.   CBS obviously wants at least one Hawaii-based show since they have established production facilities there.  I just wonder if the NCIS spinoff is meant to be a companion to or potential replacement of Magnum if it ends in a year or two.  

• Love 2