Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: The Sip-N-See Stand Off

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Their food is very similar to Middle Eastern food, primarily to Levantine food. And quite delicious, though Peggy doesn't seem all that good in the kitchen, from what we have seen (Armenians cook and serve their kababs with a dark cherry sauce, and it is yum).

Yeah, you get some overlap with the food. I think that is where some people will start throwing in Cyprus and Armenia into the Middle East is because you will get some of the Levantine food influence in there. I'm not a Levantine foodie though. I'm ok with some shwarma and the kababs can be ok but some of the other stuff? Meh. 

• Love 1

Lol ZwZ isn't the most authentic, but it is good. Though, to be honest, a good chunk of it's customers tend to go there after bar and club hopping. Especially in Beirut. Nothing like a bacon-halloumi man'ousheh at 4am after a few drinks ;)

Em Sherif's food is based on the home-cooking recipes of the owner's mother, so it is a bit more authentic lol Definitely much more appetizing than what we have seen Peggy serve, for sure.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
On August 18, 2017 at 3:32 AM, biakbiak said:

Doing Air BnB is not taxing. When I say the posting it was just one room in his condo so he doesn't even have to leave.

Wait. He rents out ONE room in his condo? While he's there? He takes in a border? I find that weird. In this day and age, for a young, single guy to have to take in a border is strange. He's too old for a roommate, unless he's really struggling financially, and Vickie is now trying to put a positive spin on this...'Look how successful Michael is, he takes in borders', just bizarre. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2

My cousin does air B and B in his home, but he's broke.  People who book air B and B in an apartment the owner is occupying do it out of economic necessity, so there's no way Michael is living there and renting the spare room for top dollar.   Cousin gets exclusively young people from Europe with a smattering of Asia tossed in.  No older people with enough shekels to afford a private room with bathroom at the Comfort Inn. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Wait. He rents out ONE room in his condo? While he's there? He takes in a border? I find that weird. In this day and age, for a young, single guy to have to take in a border is strange. He's too old for a roommate, unless he's really struggling financially, and Vickie is now trying to put a positive spin on this...'Look how successful Michael is, he takes in borders', just bizarre. 

I don't know if he still does but when he first started doing it, someone posted his posting on Air BnB and it was just for one room and stated the owner would be there.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I don't know if he still does but when he first started doing it, someone posted his posting on Air BnB and it was just for one room and stated the owner would be there.

So Michael is hard up for money.  Kind of hard for him to bring chicks or dudes home with a boarder across the hall.  

Unless that's his modus operandi for getting chicks/dudes? 

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:51 PM, KLovestoShop said:

What kind of evil person says "I want to punish them for not being my friend"?  Excuse me, bitch. Who are you to punish anyone?  IMHO, anyone who refuses to be YOUR friend is highly intelligent.  

I would think not being Vicki's friend is the opposite of being punished.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, VedaPierce said:

I believe vickie was bitching about having to bring a gift because she's not doing great financially. Who is going to buy anything from her now? Insurance, perfume, wine, pet-ashes-turned-into-"diamonds", jeans, vodka. What did I miss? None of those ventures landed. All were a bust, except the insurance, and I believe it's dying a slow death too. I bet she will be putting her house on the market again soon. 

My personal theory is that Vicki is a cheapskate and didn't want to buy another baby gift.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, SCS said:

Word on the street is there might be a book by Vix in the offing. Maybe she's saving the scoop for that? LOL  

Perhaps a book on selling insurance via her MLM or pulling a cancer scam?

• Love 3
On 8/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, ITALIA said:

Meghan has the BEST figure of all the housewives. NOT underweight at all.

I do feel she is quite slender but I think that is just the way she is built.  I have a friend like her.  Very tall and very slender.  I don't find her underweight.  I am quite familiar with the anorexic figure and she doesn't have it imho.  

On 8/20/2017 at 5:24 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Whatever I feel about Vicki she has seemed to land herself a nice enough guy. He was cute playing ball with her grandsons and he was talking of getting Brianna an umbrella for her outdoor area. 

google him.  He has enough baggage all on his own and once you read the stuff you will see he is PERFECT for a sleeze like Vicki.

On 8/20/2017 at 0:20 PM, StevieRocks said:

Thank you. I've found this very confusing as well. I believe she's been in the US since she was an infant, so I'm thinking she's trying to be some kind of modern-day Charro? I realize that is incredibly idiotic, but this is a Real Ho-wives show... 

That is exactly who I thought of.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

google him.  He has enough baggage all on his own and once you read the stuff you will see he is PERFECT for a sleeze like Vicki.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:20 PM, StevieRocks said:

Oh dear.  I guess she is trying to pull the wool over our eyes yet again. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I do feel she is quite slender but I think that is just the way she is built.  I have a friend like her.  Very tall and very slender.  I don't find her underweight.  I am quite familiar with the anorexic figure and she doesn't have it imho.  

That is exactly who I thought of.

Yes. Vicki's new bf is NOT a decent person. I posted a similar comment about this subject last week but apparently I posted it in the wrong RHOC subject. I think i posted in Vicki's thread. Nobody commented on it so I'll post it here: Vicki's bf is a sleazy dirty cop/politician. Google "OC Weekly Magazine" and include steve's name in the search.  The OC Weekly is a great source of honest, unbiased news here in OC. If Brianna & Grandma Tamra think this guy is a great person....they don't do their research. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
Just now, chenoa333 said:

Yes. Vicki's new bf is NOT a decent person. I posted a similar comment about this subject last week but apparently I posted it in the wrong RHOC subject. I think i posted in Vicki's thread. Nobody commented on it so I'll post it hete: Vicki's bf is a sleazy dirty cop/politician. Google "OC Weekly Magazine" and include steve's name in the search.  The OC Weekly is a great source of honest, unbiased news here in OC. If Brianna & Grandma Tamra think this guy is a great person....they don't do their research. 

You would think someone who had been involved, maybe directly or indirectly, with a fraud they would have a background done on any future partners.  It only took me and my family one time of being totally scammed (ok it was a doozy and the black widow is scamming another family as I type this, they just found my family via court records) to trust no one at their word.  I look into anyone that tries to get close or I have problems with.  Its a habit you never really get out of once you have been the victim of fraud.  When the deets are served to you on the silver platter that is the media these days your only excuse to NOT look into it is your IQ is below Forrest Gump levels.  

• Love 1

Just because someone had/has a career in law enforcement does NOT necessarily mean they are good, decent people (perfect example: Drew Peterson).  If one of these dumbass housewives wants a compelling storyline for this dying show, this would be IT. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. Vicki's new bf is NOT a decent person. I posted a similar comment about this subject last week but apparently I posted it in the wrong RHOC subject. I think i posted in Vicki's thread. Nobody commented on it so I'll post it here: Vicki's bf is a sleazy dirty cop/politician. Google "OC Weekly Magazine" and include steve's name in the search.  The OC Weekly is a great source of honest, unbiased news here in OC. If Brianna & Grandma Tamra think this guy is a great person....they don't do their research. 

I have no doubt they see what is on the internet, but I think the bar is so low at this point for what constitutes decent people in this universe - I mean, when you have grifters like the Curtins, deadbeat dads like Slade, bullshit artists like Gretchen, several cheaters, and God knows what else - I think there is a wide berth they all give each other when it comes to basic morality. Which means it really says something that Brooks was the lowest of the low.

• Love 3

I weirdly like seeing Vicki with her grandkids (in very small doses).  It humanizes her or something -- like, suddenly she's not just Satan.  Not just....  However, seeing Steve with them kind of squicks me out.  And that may be totally unfair because he may be a normal person (though the fact that he's dating Vicki would tend to cut otherwise).  But Vicki is totally that grandma who trusts the wrong guy and leaves her grandkids with him all the time and ignores the warning signs and then it turns out he's been abusing them regularly for ten years or something.  Again, not casting aspersions on Steve or saying he's that guy AT ALL, but Vicki is so that type of grandma. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I have no doubt they see what is on the internet, but I think the bar is so low at this point for what constitutes decent people in this universe - I mean, when you have grifters like the Curtins, deadbeat dads like Slade, bullshit artists like Gretchen, several cheaters, and God knows what else - I think there is a wide berth they all give each other when it comes to basic morality. Which means it really says something that Brooks was the lowest of the low.

So far....

On 8/16/2017 at 2:34 PM, Mindthinkr said:

When Kelly was chatting to Vicki, and Vicki responded: "What?" I swear at first I thought I heard a dog barking! 

Omg this. I'm watching the marathon now, and came to this site SPECIFICALLY to see if anyone else though she sounded like a yippy lap dog. Lol! 

• Love 3
On 8/18/2017 at 4:40 PM, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Such an appreciative daughter sitting up there outing her mother to those shrews! "Thanks Bri!" I would have cut her off ages ago! ;-(

Oh, I have no doubt you would. 

11 hours ago, ladle said:

When are we going to see Peggy react to anything

We've seen her reaction to things. For example, Brussels sprouts...good, if the horse is dead...don't keep beating it, and Meghan needing to go to the Apple Store.

I now hear an accent in my head whenever I read or write anything about Peggy.

• Love 4
On 8/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Guys - Meghan's thumb to wrist.  That cave in.  This is not a good thing for an early 30 year old woman.  the veins going to ring finger.  these are they hands and forearms of a woman twice her age. 

I never noticed her little, skinny arms before. Maybe she has an eating disorder? I'm wondering if she just wanted a baby, but her marriage is crap. Her washed up, baseball star hubby treats her like dirt and she's probably so unhappy. She would never admit it though. Especially to the other women. But she's not very happy with that big jerk. That's my take on her. Sad deal.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

We've seen her reaction to things. For example, Brussels sprouts...good, if the horse is dead...don't keep beating it, and Meghan needing to go to the Apple Store.

It's hilarious that an article states that Peggy moved to America when she was one year old but she has this thick, Armenian accent? It's got to be bogus. I read that her brother doesn't have an accent. To boot, she's got the personality of a paper bag. 

• Love 1

What's the deal with the new girl Peggy and her fake accent and lame personality? They must be having trouble recruiting people for the show these days. I was surprised Heather left the show before her "dream house"/hotel was built. What a show off she was. That house was ridiculous. But, I guess if you got it....

The show definitely didn't boost Heather's acting career.  But why would you go on a crazy reality show, and then want to be taken as a serious actress?? 

Poor Shannon. I really like her when she isn't in melt down mode. But lately, I guess I don't like her too often! Her marriage crumbled and then she did. I don't understand why most of these reality show stars don't connect the dots - for a majority of these reality stars - their relationships suffer - in their marriage and families - when they start appearing on the reality show! Am I the only one who noticed this? Just curious. There are many that this happened to. I forget the name of the family on RHOC that lost their home and their children went off the deep end. I remember the wife worked out constantly and was obsessed with her looks. Her husband just floated around like a bubble head and then one day, decided he wasn't going to pay the rent anymore. I miss them though. They made me laugh hysterically...until they lost their home. WTF was that about???

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

yes, she may give us more pearls of wisdom than Teresa Guidice (ingrediences) and Ramona Singer (making mountains out of hole mills).  My new favorite came last episode when she said she didn't want to open a worm.  (I assume she meant "can of worms")  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lisa Michele said:

I never noticed her little, skinny arms before. Maybe she has an eating disorder? I'm wondering if she just wanted a baby, but her marriage is crap. Her washed up, baseball star hubby treats her like dirt and she's probably so unhappy. She would never admit it though. Especially to the other women. But she's not very happy with that big jerk. That's my take on her. Sad deal.

It's hilarious that an article states that Peggy moved to America when she was one year old but she has this thick, Armenian accent? It's got to be bogus. I read that her brother doesn't have an accent. To boot, she's got the personality of a paper bag. 

^THIS!!!!

On 8/26/2017 at 3:57 AM, HunterHunted said:

I just meant her affect is so flat.  (Cue Peggy: "In Armenia, we don't have affect.") 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ladle said:

I just meant her affect is so flat.  (Cue Peggy: "In Armenia, we don't have affect.") 

I got that. My post in this thread should be paired with my joke in Peggy's thread that Peggy has an accent because Helena is her favorite clone from Orphan Black. Peggy's deadpan delivery, accent, dry hair, and misunderstanding of idioms remind me of Helena.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2017 at 4:28 PM, ladle said:

I weirdly like seeing Vicki with her grandkids (in very small doses).  It humanizes her or something -- like, suddenly she's not just Satan.  Not just....  However, seeing Steve with them kind of squicks me out.  And that may be totally unfair because he may be a normal person (though the fact that he's dating Vicki would tend to cut otherwise).  But Vicki is totally that grandma who trusts the wrong guy and leaves her grandkids with him all the time and ignores the warning signs and then it turns out he's been abusing them regularly for ten years or something.  Again, not casting aspersions on Steve or saying he's that guy AT ALL, but Vicki is so that type of grandma. 

I thought exactly the same thing.  And oddly enough, I think that what Briana likes in Steve is what she likes in her not-so-altruistic Marine husband.  Both of them give me the creeps. 

• Love 2