Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Part 13

Audrey broke my heart. I have no idea what that scene meant but I sure believe she's not in the real world. 

Does anyone know what Big Ed burned at the end of the episode? 

ETA: James SUCKS. 

Edited by Guest
Because James sucks.

The ending scene with Ed was brilliant. And also just what I needed to see after that godforsaken James Hurley "greatest (and only) hit" performance. 

12 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

ETA: James SUCKS. 

Still SUCKS. That was weird. Is he a countertenor?

At least we went forward a tad with the whole Dougie story. I think? And the Anti-Coop moved a bit, too. Finally. Not sure what's happening with Audrey. I agree, she could very well still be in a coma. Huh.

Only five more episodes to struggle through. Gah.

• Love 2

Ed drinking yellow soup is not good in the color scheme of Twin Peaks. 

Lots of theories about Audrey's situation. Rather than raping Audrey I wonder if what Dark/Dirty Cooper did to her when he visited her room has her in this weird coma and her husband is a manifestation or avatar of Dirty Cooper. Or she is in the real world and this husband is an agent of Dirty Cooper to keep an eye on her.

We all knew the outcome of the arm wrestling scene, but the way Dirty Cooper went about toying with him was great. Return to starting position. It hurt when you had my arm here. It really hurt down here. See? Then the dread as Ray realized he was screwed. Just great.

Phillip Jeffries hand cameo?

Dougie is gold. The trio of cops had it all totally connected but it was so ludicrous they dismissed it. Doh! 

David Lynch gave himself the week off from acting, LOL.

• Love 2

I took my glasses off for the arm wrestling scene.  I could see, but not details. I could handle the head cave in, but didn't want to see arm bones sticking out.

Evil Horne spawn. 

So they want what's inside? Creamy nougat of Bob?

Wild Blackberry pie.  That's my pie.  Pie.  Really would like some pie.

Grant Goodeve?  Norma's a franchise?  Ed!?! Yay Ed!  

Old Bobby walks like young Bobby.

I think Jacoby and Nadine had a moment. 

I was fascinated by the woman in the picture in the window behind Charlie. It gave me an Audrey vibe.

James?  NO NO NO NO NO.  That girl had 7642 tattooed on her arm.  Bah he's still singing.  With non Donna and non Laura.

Aw Ed.  I would miss Norma too.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I took my glasses off for the arm wrestling scene.  I could see, but not details. I could handle the head cave in, but didn't want to see arm bones sticking out.

Evil Horne spawn. 

Is Audrey's son the spawn of evil cooper? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Penman61 said:

Fair spoiler warning at large: Apparently Germany accidentally aired ep 14 instead of 13.  Careful where you surf...

"Is it future or is it past?"

Wow - they actually had THE James Hurley play The Roadhouse!  HOWLED with laughter once the song started!  Liked how they had the two long dark haired haired girls sharing the mike mirroring Donna and Maddy from the original.  And there was someone crying during it!  (But doesn't that song make everyone cry?)

Does Ray own another shirt?

• Love 5

James Hurley, upsetting young women with his singing since 1989. Ugh.

Ed is back YAY!

Ed and Norma did not end up together DAMN!

I wonder if Vegas PD running Cooper's fingerprints it's going to ping back at FBI HQ.

DougieCoop sailing through all the shit against him Chauncey-Gardiner-style is hilarious.

• Love 4

Alternate Episode 13 Title: "James was never, EVER cool". 

I feel like there was lots of new info, yet I am more puzzled and confused than ever. No idea what the deal is with Audrey. I thought the theories about her still being in a coma were ludicrous last week, but now I'm not sure. She didn't know where the roadhouse was?

The bit with Tony weeping and dumping the poisoned coffee down the urinal, and the guy next to him dead-panning "that bad, huh?" had me howling.

Grant Goodeve! I laughed out loud when he came striding into the diner. I remember him from "Eight Is Enough", but I also grew up just across the border from WA, & remember watching all kinds of local shows that he used to host, like Evening Magazine, and Northwest Adventures. I had NO idea that he'd been cast in this - totally caught me off guard.

So we see Demon Spawn Richard might now be aligning with EvilCoop.

D'Awwwww, poor Big Ed. I feel bad for him.

• Love 3

First I have to say how oddly thrilled I was to see that the main explainer in the arm-wrestling sequence was one of the actors I enjoyed most in one of my favorite "bad" movies (Elvira, Mistress of the Dark).

Other highlights included a scene where he found edible panties in Elvira's mansion (Jeff Conaway angrily shoved them down his throat), and one where he goes on about how stupid it is to try to kill Spiderman with plutonium, since he was bitten by a radioactive spider (Jeff Conaway took the comic and tore it in half). 

Grant "Eight is Enough" Goodeve was also in this episode, as the guy trying to get Norma to cheapen her product for mass consumption (gee I wonder what that is referencing...). He's aged well, hasn't he? I thought he did extreme religious type material now, like Kirk Cameron, but clearly not, unless Laura Palmer has become a more universal symbol of martyrdom and triumph over adversity than I realized.

Apparently John Savage was in this one too (he was the cop Tom Sizemore was talking to). 

A return to form from last week, even if it continued last week's choppiness. 

We certainly got our Kyle fix after last week's break and he gave a wonderful performance in both strands.

We really must be heading for the Vegas finale now that literally every single loose end is tied up (beyond Candie's problems) and everyone is harmonious. Of course next week we may get Chantal and Tim Roth eating at the hot spots of Brigham City while Dougie and friends head back to offcameraland. Who knows? 

I thought the Dougie material was hilarious with a few heartwarming moments (like Janey-E looking at the car and the playhouse and taking in how much better her family's life has become), similar to two weeks ago. I loved the Horne brothers-esque conga line with Dougie at the back. I laughed so hard at Tom Sizemore cowering behind his desk. And the unintentional brilliance of Dougie, which probably should have gotten old ages ago, but still works for me. Don Murray slowly breaking Sizemore down and getting him to agree to testify to everything, all while telling us it was all from Dougie's brilliance and having Dougie back him up through repeating the same few words back - what can I say, I enjoyed it. I've enjoyed most of the Vegas and Dougie material. I had to shake my head at the Fusco brothers throwing away the evidence proving Dougie is Dale. It's funny how the Vegas PD on the show is presented as comical and ridiculous while the Twin Peaks PD is going with the times and resourceful. A nice inversion of all the big city cop shows.

I feel like what we're getting is that Dougie, AKA Dale, can solve the problems of those around him and get through anything that's thrown at him, but his worst enemy is ultimately going to be himself - his bad self, sending people to wipe him out. 

The bad Dale stuff in this episode should have been cheesy as hell, like something out of a Lorenzo Lamas VHS release, but Kyle and the guest actors made them work far better than I would have expected. His understated menace goes a long way to make an absurdity genuinely disturbing.

If I were a new viewer I'm not sure I'd have cared as much about the goings-on in Twin Peaks itself this week, but the nostalgia factor was good for Jacoby, Nadine, Ed and Norma. I'm not sure I'd want Nadine to be involved with Jacoby, but they're both weird people so seeing them connect was oddly sweet. I had to shake my head at Norma and Ed STILL not being together and Ed STILL pining for her. As much as the revival has drained away most of the soap opera feel, so many OTPs still not being together after 25 years is as soap as you can get. Anyway, it was good to see a bit more about Norma's own life. I wasn't sure I'd still connect to Ed after he's been MIA the entire revival, and as Norma and Nadine have both moved on without him (well Nadine has, seemingly), but I did, thanks to Everett McGill's usual understated heartbreak. I got really worried when he was alone at the gas station at the end - I felt like we were going to see a Woodsmen come to life and kill him at any second. 

So Audrey is clearly either still in a coma or trapped somewhere, which makes me glad I didn't just write her off as some horrible shrew last week, as some fans and reviewers did. The scenes tonight were strange and also sad, and oddly disturbing (like when Charlie reminded her he can 'end her story'). Audrey saying this place reminded her of Ghostwood would make the coma theory more logical, as stopping the Ghostwood development was her last passion before the explosion. 

The Sarah material was also very disturbing, mainly when I realized she seemed to be in a time loop. I wonder if that is the constant clinking of bottles in her kitchen. 

• Love 4

It's painful how good this fuckin' show is sometimes.

Lynch does so much with stillness and mood, like the long ending with Big Ed alone, looking at what's left of his life - just lighted pumps and loneliness and wistfully drinking Norma's RR2Go cups. I do think/hope they'll end up together, but they did so much with so little there. Also a nice bit of framing: Keeping him in the background during most of Norma and Walter's conversation. The insight into the town's economic struggles - and Norma's franchising the diner while refusing to compromise - was great stuff that reminded me of the old soap opera material from the original series. Grounded but generally linked to emotional realism, whether it was Ed and Norma's workaday lives or the craziness with Nadine. Speaking of: Great to see her talk with Jacoby. The hypnotic rhythms of the silent drape moving back and forth in the night with them talking was another classic Lynch choice. And the warm comfort of the diner scenes in general was great - it was nice seeing Bobby, Ed and Norma all together.

The whole arm wrestling setpiece with the Bad Dale and Derek Mears - the last Jason Voorhees! - was amazing. "Starting positions." I also liked that we got a little more direct insight into the ring, and what whoever "Jeffries" really is wants (BOB). The question is, does Richard already know the doppleganger? Or might this be their first meeting?

I don't know what's going on with Audrey but her scene was genuinely disturbing and nightmarish. Reminded me of pieces of Inland Empire. Also the first time Sherilyn Fenn's reminded me of Grace Zabriskie - that intense, teetering hysteria. Sarah's scene was long but I was never bored - it was deeply unsettling.

I expected them to pick up the thread with James and Renee (Jessica Szohr's character, seen with Shelly in the premiere) but I wasn't sure; I knew he has some sort of storyline coming. I loved the Just You & I reprise, because you know Lynch is 100% behind it. I don't know if that was a new recording or the original, which I know Lara Flynn Boyle and Sheryl Lee actually did the background vocals for. I think it was the original.

Everything with Dougie/Vegas was hilarious, amazing, touching, all of the above. The opening is an all-time Twin Peaks favorite - the conga line is right out of Fellini's films. Tom Sizemore was hysterical. And the stuff with Janey-E and the gym suit was moving - Naomi Watts does so much with just a look as she stares at their good fortune. The night reverie with the playground set and Swan Lake was really surreal and beautiful, obviously a deliberate reflection of the Black Lodge.

Not sure I can wait for Part 14, which has already leaked! And now I really want one more short season. There's just so much amazing stuff week to week, even the 'off' ones (which is how I would characterize last week, which was still fascinating and had many compelling scenes). This was very much an 'on'.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I expected them to pick up the thread with James and Renee (Jessica Szohr's character, seen with Shelly in the premiere) but I wasn't sure; I knew he has some sort of storyline coming. I loved the Just You & I reprise, because you know Lynch is 100% behind it. I don't know if that was a new recording or the original, which I know Lara Flynn Boyle and Sheryl Lee actually did the background vocals for. I think it was the original.

Everything with Dougie/Vegas was hilarious, amazing, touching, all of the above. The opening is an all-time Twin Peaks favorite - the conga line is right out of Fellini's films. Tom Sizemore was hysterical. And the stuff with Janey-E and the gym suit was moving - Naomi Watts does so much with just a look as she stares at their good fortune. The night reverie with the playground set and Swan Lake was really surreal and beautiful, obviously a deliberate reflection of the Black Lodge.

Not sure I can wait for Part 14, which has already leaked! And now I really want one more short season. There's just so much amazing stuff week to week, even the 'off' ones (which is how I would characterize last week, which was still fascinating and had many compelling scenes). This was very much an 'on'.

I hadn't made the Black Lodge connection. That's interesting. 

It sounded like the original to me. I took that scene as big trolling of some fans, but then I also liked that it was done sincerely (James is nothing if not sincere). I also sort of took it as foreboding given the song's connection to BOB, and the Roadhouse's connection to Bob. Having a Maddy stand-in in the place where most of the cast broke down as they "felt" her being murdered has to be foreboding. If I were that woman listening I'd head out of town fast. 

I wish we could get a little movie or something as well, just to show the immediate aftermath for some like Dale or Audrey, or to see more of Twin Peaks itself (as I assume anything with Bobby/Shelly or Norma/Ed will mostly be quick and offcamera).

I wonder if Audrey might be suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) - this would account for the moods swings and confusion. Maybe her husband agreed to take care of her for her father and that is why she was talking about a contract. Or maybe this is a Shutter Island scenario and they are giving her different situations in hopes of pulling her out of a delusion? Charlie is her therapist and trying to make Audrey come to terms with the awful events of her past?

No matter what the circumstances of Audrey's current situation, I get the impression that she may not know she has a son. Either she was in a coma when Richard was born and Ben took the boy away or she has an injury and/or psychosis that has eliminated him from her mind. Either way, I don't think she knows about him.

Did Norma give Shelley shares of the franchise? The woman certainly deserves it after working at the diner for over 20 years - that's a rare kind of loyalty.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3

A number of fans - including hardcore Audrey fans who know Sherilyn a bit - were convinced her scene last week was not set in our literal reality, that is to say the same as most of the rest of the show. I doubted that at the time, but now I'm not so sure. The Inland Empire similarities - her strange dialogue about "the little girl that lives down the lane" - are staggering. That is pure Lynch fugue state stuff, very very similar to Grace Zabriskie's 'fairy tale' and terrifying scene in that movie with Laura Dern (I'll link it here). IE was a movie with multiple levels of narrative in which Dern's character also had different planes of reality vs. fantasy, different identities, etc.

The thing that most reminded me of the Lodge with the playground was the random spotlight whooshing around in the dark - a Lynch trademark and something he often uses in the Lodge scenes.

I do think there will be more for Ed/Norma/Nadine, James, the Briggses, etc. but I think those are all smaller subplots.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, minamurray78 said:

DougieCoop sailing through all the shit against him Chauncey-Gardiner-style is hilarious.

Not just shoveling through it, mind you, but sailing...

Now we know why Norma's always been doing paperwork whenever we see her!

(Please let such a franchise turn into a real-life thing!)

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

I wonder if Audrey might be suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This would account for the moods swings and confusion. Maybe her husband agreed to take care of her for her father.

No matter what the circumstances of Audrey's current situation, I get the impression that she may not know she has a son. Either she was in a coma when Richard was born and Ben took the boy away or she has an injury and/or psychosis that has eliminated him from her mind. Either way, I don't think she knows about him.

I agree - it definitely doesn't seem she has any awareness of having a son, let alone an evil one running amok. I think your theory may be correct - either she's in an alternate reality, or she's in this reality but mentally diminished in some way, and her "husband" may actually be some sort of care-giver (or hired to control her).

If something like this is the case, and she crosses paths with DougieCoop, will they, in effect "wake each other up"?

• Love 2
Just now, Cheezwiz said:

I agree - it definitely doesn't seem she has any awareness of having a son, let alone an evil one running amok. I think your theory may be correct - either she's in an alternate reality, or she's in this reality but mentally diminished in some way, and her "husband" may actually be some sort of care-giver (or hired to control her).

If something like this is the case, and she crosses paths with DougieCoop, will they, in effect "wake each other up"?

And maybe if Candy was there at the same time, it could be a threesome awakening.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

Did Norma give Shelley shares of the franchise? The woman certainly deserves it after working at the diner for over 20 years - that's a rare kind of loyalty.

Heidi too. I love Shelly but I have a feeling she probably has to "borrow" from the cash register more than once and Norma probably turns a blind eye when she agrees to pay it back...someday. Maybe Heidi should get the shares.

25 minutes ago, jsbt said:

A number of fans - including hardcore Audrey fans who know Sherilyn a bit - were convinced her scene last week was not set in our literal reality, that is to say the same as most of the rest of the show. I doubted that at the time, but now I'm not so sure. The Inland Empire similarities - her strange dialogue about "the little girl that lives down the lane" - are staggering. That is pure Lynch fugue state stuff, very very similar to Grace Zabriskie's 'fairy tale' and terrifying scene in that movie with Laura Dern (I'll link it here). IE was a movie with multiple levels of narrative in which Dern's character also had different planes of reality vs. fantasy, different identities, etc.

It's amazing how Zabriskie manages to make her characters seem so different even as she is also a very distinct actress. The weird Caligari camera angles on her as she merrily bounds down the street like an animal are the best use of that type of Lynch style I've seen.

11 minutes ago, dwmckim said:

And maybe if Candy was there at the same time, it could be a threesome awakening.

I have to admit when she started saying she was in another body I wondered if some part of her was now in Candie. That may be Laura though.

This was the first time I really felt like Audrey and Cooper's stories were interconnected. They're the only two on the show (beyond Candie) who are disassociating and clearly in distress. Dale is I think very deep in denial and may not even want to come out, even as Audrey clearly does. I think they may both 'wake up' at the same time, maybe because of each other, or by the same force.

• Love 3

http://tvline.com/2017/08/07/twin-peaks-recap-episode-part-13-revival-showtime-donna/

Finally, the ghost of Donna Hayward hovered over that one very popular Road House booth (Blue Velvet fans are calling it “the Frank Booth”), as “Renee” listened to James sing and started to cry. Make no mistake, that’s Donna’s booth. You should remember, back in Season 2 when the Giant appeared in the Road House and warned Agent Cooper “It is happening again”, that Donna was sitting over in that same booth, just starting to cry for her lost best friend Laura. (And that handheld, grainy shot of Donna sobbing is, in my humble opinion, the most heartbreaking and beautiful moment from the show overall hands down.) But now, instead of Lara Flynn Boyle crying, we get Jessica Szohr crying. It would have been so poignant if it had been Lara! And apparently it almost was. Rumor has it that a certain beloved actress from the show leaked a bunch of production details at a fan convention (getting herself into hot water with Showtime) and one of those details was that Lara Flynn Boyle was offered a part in the new season, but turned it down. Is that true? I don’t know. Nonetheless, in an episode filled with beloved character updates and “yes, we remember” details, it was so wonderfully melancholy to be reminded of good-girl-who-wanted-so-badly-to-be-bad Donna.

I'm not sure this is true or not, but I'm glad if it is. A new girl crying at the bizarre emotional power of the song and of the intensity of James' feelings hit me more than LFB would have as she is now. Maybe Moira Kelly, but even then, I think it being someone completely new to what once was (and soon will be again) in Twin Peaks made more sense. 

• Love 2

Wow....so that's really James Marshall singing that...and I guess 25 years ago as well?  The backwards talking in the Black Lodge seemed more 'natural' than his almost falsetto singing voice.  Well, all the good music had to end sometime and thanks to Mr. Hurley/Marshall.  I even really dug the quirky music during the conga line....plus more Candie!

14 hours ago, Penman61 said:

Fair spoiler warning at large: Apparently Germany accidentally aired ep 14 instead of 13.  Careful where you surf...

If anyone has a link to the episode, please DM me. I won't read any spoilers (which is completely out of character for me because I'll read spoilers for shows I don't even watch!) for TP. But I have no self control and will totally watch the episode early. 

21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Phillip Jeffries hand cameo?

I thought the hand was the One-Armed Man's. The gray coat and black sleeve matched what he is always wearing. Plus, it was a callback to the scene with the ring when the original Dougie's exploded.

So the Lodge is trying hard to get Evil Coop back. Guessing now that Jeffries is working with the Black Lodge. Still holding out hope that Bowie filmed a scene (yes, I know I'll probably be disappointed).

• Love 3

The boxing time loop was confusing...she seemed to be doing things in real time while the fight kept looping...this would imply that the TV has not changed since the 1950s but everything else in the house has aged...

• Love 1

Best thing to be said about James' appearance in this ep: At least he wasn't wearing that ugly, ill-fitting, quilted leather jacket.

Aaaaaand...that's all I got.

Edited by Guest

It took me a while to get to watching this episode and I don't have organized thoughts, but I may have serial ones....

I don't care about James Hurley, I don't think I did the first time, either.

As others have mentioned, Audrey's vacillation about going to the roadhouse seems to be her vacillating about waking up from her coma. Her husband may be a lodge avatar, little people seem to be kind of evil in general in this mythos, contrasting with the giant. He is manipulating Audrey to keep her asleep.

In the warehouse there was a guy who looks like a Bob stunt double, same hair, same slouch, etc.

Sonny Jim seems old to be having that kind of fun in that play gym, and it is such a Vegas thing, with the flashing lights and spotlight. Also, I'm still creeped out by naming a kid after Jim Jones.

Naomi Watts is starting to believe that everything is going to turn out all right. Also, going back to the little bit we see of real Dougie, in the beginning, he isn't the dopey Dale Cooper, he is more present in the real world (for one thing apparently capable of driving, and Dale can't navigate a door on the first try).

I imagine that there is some tracker on Cooper so that if his prints are matched the blue roses will get word of it, I bet their next stop is in Vegas.

I loved the scene where the coffee gets dumped in the urinal. "That bad?" and Cooper's salvation via the cherry pie.

The cherry pie that is in danger of becoming turkey jerky cherry pie!

Poor Bobby Briggs is going to the Double RR for dinner just to see Shelley, which is so pathetic.  So is Ed, who is clearly hung up on Norma. Nadine and Jacoby may be made for each other!

Shelley has apparently spent the last 25 years working in a diner in high narrow heels. Is she nuts?

Occasionally I've seen comments that 'this is Lynch trolling the viewers' but I think Sarah's tv loop is Lynch trolling/ making a comment watching remakes of tv where nothing changes, or watching different shows that are all the same. There's your influence of the Black Lodge! Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Crazy stupid! Like drinking and smoking, you know no good comes of it.

17 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

If anyone has a link to the episode, please DM me. I won't read any spoilers (which is completely out of character for me because I'll read spoilers for shows I don't even watch!) for TP. But I have no self control and will totally watch the episode early. 

Me too, I will spoil anything but I wouldn't spoil this, Lynch is actually capable of surprising me. I trust that what he does will be worth the wait. I also would watch it early, but I'm not going to go looking because anticipation is also pleasant.

• Love 5
On 8/7/2017 at 9:03 AM, paigow said:

Norma should have learned by now to not mix boyfriends with business...maybe Ed will have to kill this guy....

Maybe I;ll have to check out episode 8 again but it seems to me that Ed's Gas Farm is the location in episode 8 and we get some shots to prove it. Also ed got two coffees but is sitting alone....(I mean, sad, not somehow oddly meaningful)

Edited by Affogato
Sad Ed
  • Love 1

Hey maybe Sonny Jim has Jim Jones in his name because Cooper wants to drink the Koolade, have the white fence experience. Because hey, a while ago he gives Sonny Jim such a look.

13 hours ago, paigow said:

The boxing time loop was confusing...she seemed to be doing things in real time while the fight kept looping...this would imply that the TV has not changed since the 1950s but everything else in the house has aged...

Well TV is fairly repetive and often reactionary and full of bloodless violence.

13 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Marshall's vocals remind me of Nic Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married, and no, that is not complimentary.

Is he actually a singer or musician, I mean is that what he mostly does?

Edited by Affogato
still can't spell

Why couldn't we have gotten some "rock back inside my heart"?, instead of James singing his schmoopy song that is meant for Donna/Maddie/Laura?

Audrey confuses me, I have no clue what is going on with her and am not going to guess, i'm enjoying my ride! (I guess since this is season 3, Cindylou gets 3 rides, god i hope that made someone laugh)

Also, is it just me or does it seems the longer DougieCoop is in the world, EvilCoop is in a way acting more like DougieCoop?    

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

Maybe I;ll have to check out episode 8 again but it seems to me that Ed's Gas Farm is the location in episode 8 and we get some shots to prove it. Also ed got two coffees but is sitting alone....(I mean, sad, not somehow oddly meaningful)

I forgot about this - the shot of Ed's Gas Farm with the smoke coming out of whatever on the top was certainly reminiscent of the episode 8 soot people convenience store with smoke all around it.

I hadn't realized how much hope I was holding out for Diane to being playing on the side of good until this episode. As Ray was explaining about the ring, I was almost certain that he was going to say that he got it from a platinum blonde and was crestfallen when he referenced a guard. 

Given that we had two specific instances where the timeline has been disrupted (Last episode had Dougie and Sonny Jim playing ball, but he was still with the Michum's and Bobby said that they found information from his father "today" when that happened back in episode 9), is there any place that has tried putting a possible timeline together?

9 hours ago, Jalyn said:

is there any place that has tried putting a possible timeline together?

I was just going to ask that. It must have been a month ago that the episode aired with the chair and note and Truman/Hawk/Bobby planning to go to Jack Rabbit's "the day after tomorrow." Many mornings and evenings have come and gone since then. If it wasn't for bit like the Great Northern key, I'd be guessing that the Twin Peaks storyline was happening at a different time than the Vegas and SD storylines.

Been doing a rewatch of classic episodes and one thing that really struck in light of DougeeCoop - how much original recipe Coop tended to repeat phrases of things he found fascinating, sometimes more than once.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Affogato said:

It took me a while to get to watching this episode and I don't have organized thoughts, but I may have serial ones....

Don't feel bad - I'm even slower than you.  Just finished watching it.  :)

Naomi Watts is starting to believe that everything is going to turn out all right. Also, going back to the little bit we see of real Dougie, in the beginning, he isn't the dopey Dale Cooper, he is more present in the real world (for one thing apparently capable of driving, and Dale can't navigate a door on the first try).

I don't think Janey-E minds driving Dougie at all, so long as he returns the favor later.  ;>

I imagine that there is some tracker on Cooper so that if his prints are matched the blue roses will get word of it, I bet their next stop is in Vegas.

I'm surprised Gordon & Co. didn't beat the fax back to Vegas - or, more specifically, that a fax was sent at all.

I loved the scene where the coffee gets dumped in the urinal. "That bad?"

I loved that scene as much as Cooper loves cherry pie.  Speaking of which - did you notice the coffee/pie shop where Anthony took Dougie - Szymon's - was the same place Dougie picked up the pie which saved his life with the Mitchum brothers?  That's twice a Szymon's pie has saved Dougie's life.  Guess Szymon the pie man isn't so szymple, huh?  :>

Shelley has apparently spent the last 25 years working in a diner in high narrow heels. Is she nuts?

Maybe - but Shelly's legs still look fucking GREAT.

• Love 3

Regarding Big Ed in the closing scene: I think folks are overthinking the scene, and missing its very basic and prosaic point - Big Ed has fallen on hard times. 

A few observations - and conclusions:

• Ed has the station open late at night, presumably to pick up some off-hours business - already an immediate indicator his regular daytime business is down.
  • Ed is sitting at his desk, slowly eating soup; more pointedly, Ed is NOT working on customers' cars in the shop garage - which tends to indicate Ed has no customers' cars to service.
  • The late hours aren't helping; the lights are on and Ed's manning the fort, but to no avail.  Ed sits at his desk looking out the front window at his antiquated gas pumps, his even older signs - and at a monotonous, Chinese water torture-ish steady dripping stream of cars driving along - driving past - never stopping, or even slowing down - most importantly, never pulling in.

Ed is stuck in just as much of a loop as Sarah Palmer, and both appear powerless to break out of it.

P.S.:  Wise up, Ed. 

First you lose Norma to loser Hank, and now suspiciously loser-ish Walter.  Haven't you figured it out yet, d00d? 

IT'S THE HAIR. 

They both have/had good hair - and you got some shit going on that looks like you scalped Jerry Lee Lewis, and are wearing the scalp for a souvenir. 

GET YER DAMN HAIR CUT INTO SOMETHING RESEMBLING A HUMAN HEAD, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Been doing a rewatch of classic episodes and one thing that really struck in light of DougeeCoop - how much original recipe Coop tended to repeat phrases of things he found fascinating, sometimes more than once.

I saw a gifset weeks back of Harry and Dale, I think at the town meeting in the pilot, and Harry was talking with Dale about local rabbits, and Dale kept repeating the name of one of the rabbits and looked very pleased with himself. Harry looked very bemused...and a little confused. 

10 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

I was just going to ask that. It must have been a month ago that the episode aired with the chair and note and Truman/Hawk/Bobby planning to go to Jack Rabbit's "the day after tomorrow." Many mornings and evenings have come and gone since then. If it wasn't for bit like the Great Northern key, I'd be guessing that the Twin Peaks storyline was happening at a different time than the Vegas and SD storylines.

I think someone already mentioned this, but there's also one of the early episodes where Hawk was out in the woods and found something. I don't think there's been any followup, has there? 

22 hours ago, Cindylou said:

Also, is it just me or does it seems the longer DougieCoop is in the world, EvilCoop is in a way acting more like DougieCoop?    

He seems somewhat slower. I think it may be down to being Bob no longer being with him as well.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Don't feel bad - I'm even slower than you.  Just finished watching it.  :)

I don't think Janey-E minds driving Dougie at all, so long as he returns the favor later.  ;>

I'm surprised Gordon & Co. didn't beat the fax back to Vegas - or, more specifically, that a fax was sent at all.

I loved that scene as much as Cooper loves cherry pie.  Speaking of which - did you notice the coffee/pie shop where Anthony took Dougie - Szymon's - was the same place Dougie picked up the pie which saved his life with the Mitchum brothers?  That's twice a Szymon's pie has saved Dougie's life.  Guess Szymon the pie man isn't so szymple, huh?  :>

Maybe - but Shelly's legs still look fucking GREAT.

I hadn't noticed the Szymon connection, and given Dougie's demeanor that is a great connection somewhere in the Ashantic Records.

“This does not mean that at one time [the active intellect] thinks but at another time it does not think, but when separated [from the body] it is just exactly what it is, and this alone is deathless and everlasting (though we have no memory, because this sort of intellect is not acted upon, while the sort that is acted upon is destructible), and without this nothing thinks…” [paraphrased]
(Aristotle’s “On the Soul”, Book III, Chapter 5).

Shelly does look great, but it still makes my feet hurt to think about it.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, TobinAlbers said:

The trio of cops had it all totally connected but it was so ludicrous they dismissed it. Doh! 

A note about LVPD's finest:

• Are they buffoons?  Definitely.
  • Are they morons?  Probably.
  • Do I fault them for their reaction to the fax regarding Dougie's fingerprints?  Not really.

Look at it from the cops' perspective: between the car bomb and the attempt on Dougie's life, the detectives have been in near-daily contact with Dougie for the past few days. Why would any reaction other than ridicule be expected, when these same cops receive a fax saying their near-comatose Dougie is an ex-FBI agent who broke out of a South Dakota prison two days ago?  Hell, look at Dougie -  *I'd* laugh my ass off at the notion.

• Love 1