Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

I enjoyed this episode, Stewie falling during his escape running into that crazed woman, Brian wasn't being a pretentious asshole. I wish they had done more with Joe, Quagmire, and Cleveland begging Peter to take them besides the one thing.

I did laugh when Lois said she's tired of saying Peter did things to her but it's not what they think. I guess Lois is just use to Peter being careless and reckless that all she can do is just deal with it cause she can't change Peter.

So .......... a talking head in a jar.

Seth & co. have stopped ripping off The Simpsons and are now ripping off Futurama, I see.

What do you have to say about that, Seth?

"Bite my shiny metal - "

I had a feeling you were going to say that.

Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.

I did laugh at how Stewie and Brian outsmarted the hookers by calling the cops then gleefully sat back and watched the cops raid the place.

And Peter was actually a nice dad to Meg. A nice surprise.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Sesame Street on HBO deserved a better gag than that. So did the "George Takei in the closet" cutaway.

I definitely cannot un-see the former's cutaway..

Kind of shocked that Quagmire didnt get involved in the b & b brothel subplot

22 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Sesame Street on HBO deserved a better gag than that. So did the "George Takei in the closet" cutaway.

Wasn't that a scene from Girls though? I thought that was the joke. 

This was actually funny with both plots. The realization of Brian and then Stewie figuring out it was a brothel was good. 

It's rare Meg gets some love so I'll take it. 

• Love 1
On 04/30/2017 at 9:29 PM, Galileo908 said:

A few other missed opportunities too like no joke to get the cops to come so quickly (refusing to bribe politicians, no police discount, etc.) It seems they can only put in enough effort these days to come up with great lines and gags or fully developed plots, but not both.

• Love 1

Wasn't that a scene from Girls though?

Yep, and I'm actually glad they didn't go with the more obvious Game of Thrones for the cutaway. 

Even though Peter as a Principal and a baby and a dog running a B&B being totally implausible, I really enjoyed this episode. Meg wasn't treated like dirt by her family for the most part. I enjoy the episodes when the family gets along.

• Love 1

I just remembered that Peter also went undercover as a student at the school, as Lando. Now they hired him as principal. Probably not the best school system. 

• Love 1

When Chris' Mexican girlfriend, Isabella, gets deported, he volunteers to take care of her twin babies. After learning that Isabella can't come back to the U.S., the Griffins go to Mexico to return her children.

Peter's past as a sperm donor catches up to him when many of his children show up unannounced to his house.

Dearly Deported:

Heh, The Gang Goes To The Water Park, but with Family Guy. I'd say that bit was too short, but that was certainly enough time.

And then the episode was about Chris taking care of babies and smuggling people across the border. At least it got Consuela in the show more. But I think they should've been able to talk to Stewie, it would've been nice for kids is own age to talk to. Or, knowing this show, they would've spoken Spanish. That probably would've been funnier.

The mongoose bits were funny, and I'll admit I wish this ep aired second so the season ended on them killing the whole family.

A House Full of Peters:

Really got a kick out of the crank calls. Wait, Jennifer Tilly's voice sounds different?

"I used to have my own show..." Cleveland & Donna's call was the best.

So...Peter has kids other than Bertram running around out there. But they were all funny to see. So Meg was replaced by a Russian clone Orphan Black style, and the first kid we saw was voiced by Seth's sister. And yeah, there was inevitably going to be a Good Son. Who was also in love with Lois. And named Larry (clearly a shout out to the original version of Peter from the Larry & Steve cartoons)

This ep was much better than the first one.

• Love 1

Ending with the "we're having sloppy joe's" would have been a good closer. The callback to the mongoose, uh, mongeese was a good random joke the show does well. I also liked "Jersey Mike's" and "bring your girlfriend with the fat ass!"

I did like that Chris was capable. 

Stewie didn't do much, but he had a lot of good one liners in both. 

I think they did a great job coming up with all the different kinds of people that would be Peter's kids. 

I was hoping they were going for a Larry/Peter chicken-style fight. 

"We're having sloppy joe's!!!" Agreed this shouldve been the second episode,and that the ending were a cliffhanger

Loved the Cleveland Show callbacks in the second episode(Cleveland saying he once had his own show,and that bit at the very end(possibly a reference to that episode where he was a sperm donor)

Ah you're the safe friend! He got him a fruit basket! And in the first one after every dirty joke he would try to get brians approval. Even though stewie didnt do much in both his stuff was the funniest!

Good episode. Brian and Stewie are just gold together. A Dog and A Baby hanging out is so implausible. But it just works lol. FG best episodes are when the family work as a team. And having Meg get positive stuff was refreshing. 

So like Animaniacs, Drew Carey Show, and It's Always Sunny, Family Guy did an episode that spoofed every trope that appears in Emmy award winning shows. Covering LGBTQ issues, overly sappy moments, beoming a drama so people will be confused what genre they are (like Nurse Jackie, OITNB and Glee), even approval from Louis CK. I actually enjoyed this one!

Ha, of course Meg was Lena Dunham. Also found it fitting that the Seth Green character was ripping off Sheldon from BBT, and of course the show couldn't help take a rip on Robot Chicken.

So good to hear Adam West's voice again.

Take it from perennial Emmy loser Bill Maher to tell you there's an Emmy conspiracy. Yeah, loved the intervention of the TV greats (like Fat Alec Baldwin) chewing the show out. It really needed it, but of course no one learned. 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 6

Best part was hearing Adam West. It's going to suck when we have to say goodbye him.

Second best part was the Emmy winners coming to tell Peter the real reason why they'll never win: because the show sucks. It was almost worth this whole stupidity just to hear that.

• Love 4
Just now, Last Time Lord said:

I could have sworn Family Guy did win an Emmy at one point. 

I really liked this. Emmy lampooning was funny. 

They did, for Best Song for "This House is Freaking Sweet" from the episode where they inherited Aunt Maugerite's mansion.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Take it from perennial Emmy loser Bill Maher to tell you there's an Emmy conspiracy. Yeah, loved the intervention of the TV greats (like Fat Alec Baldwin) chewing the show out. It really needed it, but of course no one learned.

The difference between BFFs Seth and Bill is that Bill really believes that there is a conspiracy to deny him the Emmy and would never admit that maybe its a matter of taste and not being as good as the winners.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

That's me and Amazon Prime. I'll get around to watching The Tick eventually...

1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I laughed at the Hulu Plus joke. That's the way I feel about it.

Ditto!  

If they really want that Emmy, they'll kill off Brian and leave him dead…including flashbacks and cutaways.

• Love 2

Oh, ffs, I just realized what Transparent meant. I generally know of the show, but haven't watched it. 

I love the laughing ostrich. 

I liked how Quagmire was freaking out about if it was his fault. 

On 10/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, Galileo908 said:

Ha, of course Meg was Lena Dunham.

Meg's hair looked great in the first skit. I didn't realize that's who she was. 

On 10/1/2017 at 7:38 PM, Galileo908 said:

They did, for Best Song for "This House is Freaking Sweet" from the episode where they inherited Aunt Maugerite's mansion.

They should have for the murder mystery episode. Honestly, the show does musicals so well, I'm surprised they didn't do a big number to close it out. 

I was dying at the Game of Thrones ending. The Night King "come at me bro" kills me every time. I have the meme in my lecture slides. 

I wouldn't say the show sucks since it's been on for so long, but I'd say the show doesn't give AF. The do their deal and gtfo if you don't like it. 

• Love 3

"George Clooney, second worst Batman."
"Peter Griffin, second best Homer."

I liked hearing Chris finally call out Stewie for being so negative all the time.

I thought they were going to make uncomfortable jokes about Peter using the ladies bathroom, but thankfully it swerved into something much different. I loved Meryl Streep showing up to kick his ass (and winning an Oscar for it), and Kathy Bates posing as Peter to steal his stromboli. That was hilariously random.

• Love 2
On 10/9/2017 at 0:38 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Who got Meg and Lois pregnant at the baskball game?

The basketball player, he was laying over them. I found it hilarious!
Found this episode to be really funny! When Lois asked in a text hamburgers or meatballs for dinner and Stewie said, "bitch, there the exact same thing, just different shapes", I couldn't stop laughing.

Edited by Madtown
22 hours ago, cpcathy said:

Kathleen Turner stole Peter's Stromboli, and it was actually Kathleen Turner!

This cracked me up because it was so random and then had the caption that she was doing it regularly. 

Lots of the gags on this episode really landed. 

They aren't kidding about the ladies rooms though. Those places are palatial. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, Madtown said:

The basketball playe, he was laying over them. I found it hilarious!

I meant to ask if he were a generic basketball player or a famous one. Someone thought it was Kaepernick, but I thought he was the basketball player who was infamous for getting women pregnant, like Wilt Chamberlain.

Brian survived being shot dead? What a shame.

Lois "randomly" asking Donna if she liked Blackish and the waiter if he liked Fresh Off the Boat -- yikes.

This could have been a good episode if they didn't rush the ending.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2