Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

Quagmire's most treasured body part gets cut off in a freak accident and he is forced to learn how to live without it. Meanwhile, Stewie and Brian search for Mort after learning there is a $10,000 reward for turning him into the police for his involvement in a drug scam.

To help promote the brewery to millennials, Peter adopts the millennial lifestyle, and his methods soon attract the attention of a high-powered Silicon Valley executive.

Adam West burying a millennial. Why is the world the world we live in? At least Joe was put in a corner for suggesting a Leeroy Jenkins bit in 2018. Don't know why, but I've never been a fan of whenever this show made fun of the internet. Peter trying to be The Internet reminded me of when he tried to recreate TV in one of the early episodes, except for more violence,

I thought it was funny. Peter's man bun heh. People starting fires and having accidents while texting.  True. "hey" is my favorite song. Refolding the map was pulled directly from all our lives... well some of us :-)

• Love 1

Someone definitely had experience trying to get a boat into the water.

Cleveland spawning Gremlins after getting wet was a perfect Family Guy joke, and Quagmire losing a his penis to shark was also perfectly a Family Guy thing.

Dr. Hartman's been writing these episodes, that explains everything.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just when you think Quagmire can't get any more twisted, he gets a penis transplant from his transgender dad. But I did laugh when Ida said she'd give it to Paul Ryan if he didn't want it.

Edited by Spartan Girl
I misunderstood Peter's quote, so I deleted that part.
  • Love 1

I laughed once... at the boat not backing up right and "being on the internet." heh. Missing penis is not funny, Missing boobs are not funny either, (see other  ick movies)

On 5/13/2018 at 7:29 PM, Galileo908 said:

Someone definitely had experience trying to get a boat into the water.

The best part was that Peter had the boat straight a couple of times and just had to not do anything. 

This was weird even for Family Guy though. I thought the Mort plot had more potential. I did like the quick gag of "It worked!" with the tacos. 

• Love 1

Even though that is not what happens with sex change operations, I didn't mind this episode. I like that Ida and Glenn have a good relationship and I appreciate it when Glenn isn't portrayed as a predatory rapist (which he basically is).  

The Mort plot was a bit meh - I was hoping Neil would pop up and lament that he lost both parents and maybe Meg would be brought in, but then I realized they hate writing anything for Meg and changed my expectations.

"And now for a movie from the 80s you remember fondly, but now seems excruciatingly slow."
"All right, Stripes!" 

That was, like, the perfect movie to slam.

I really liked Peter being in the elevator with God. It was a much better bottle episode than the ones we already had. Sad that it was only in the second act. Loved the James Brolin callback with him.

Man, I haven't been to a Fuddrucker's in years. I'm like Peter, everyone eats burgers wrong.

I thought they could have spent more time in the elevator, but I liked the end "lesson" that totally slammed religion. 

The James Brolin gag started to drag with the second guy and then they went to the third and I totally cracked up. I loved all the celebrities. Greatest American Hero was a deep reach back. 

I have to be on Peter's side - you go out to Fuddrucker's and get a plain burger? Come on, Chris. The chicken isn't a big deal because Meg did have some toppings on it at least. 

Our Fuddrucker's closed over a decade ago and the building still sits empty...

This episode was pretty good. Peter was being super assy about the burgers but he does get passionate about random things. And yes about Stripes.  Good film, but it does drag.

Article about upcoming season from Comic Con panel. 

And, if you don't want to read spoilers, the good news is that they are renaming the High School to Adam West Regional High School from James Woods Regional High School. 

• Love 1

Episode 1:

"Married... With Cancer"

Brian meets and quickly falls in love with a woman named Jess, who reveals she has cancer. After she receives devastating news regarding her diagnosis, Brian proposes marriage to her.

Airs September 30, 2018.

• Love 1

Well, this show had it right when it came to Kanye. What they showed was still less ridiculous than what happened in the past 24 hours.

I don't know how to feel Quagmire holding a bachelor party for Brian. Seemed too sudden and nothing ever comes from that.

Of course Brian's new love had to not die from cancer, and of course Brian had to revert to his terrible self after the wedding. And of course she dies anyway (then springing back to life), so...yay?

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, OnceSane said:

"Married... With Cancer"

Brian meets and quickly falls in love with a woman named Jess, who reveals she has cancer. After she receives devastating news regarding her diagnosis, Brian proposes marriage to her.

NAILED IT!

I'm kinda disappointed we never saw Quagmire's epic bachelor party, but then again, maybe it's best left to our imaginations.

Of course, Jess had to recover from her deathbed and reverted to her true form: fat and flatulent.

As soon as Brian wished she were still alive at the funeral, I figured she'd come back, and yep... I wonder if she'll ask him why he let her choke to death on those nachos?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Well, this show had it right when it came to Kanye. What they showed was still less ridiculous than what happened in the past 24 hours.

It's nice that Jay Pharoah has become their go-to guy when they want to have Kanye be on the show, he's done it a couple times now. 

• Love 1

I stopped watching FG a year ago, after literally never missing an episode until then.  Came back to check in with this premiere and YIKES.  I'll think twice before trying that again.  It really reminded me why I stopped, and is a great example of why shows should not run too long.  The cultural context has changed completely around FG, in a way that truly makes it no longer funny.  Their humor used to play as edgy and transgressive, now it's just toxic and ugly.

That being said, I did love the callback bit with the super and the studio audience reactions.

Edited by JyDanzig
  • Love 1

I don't know why they weirdly switched to the studio audience. I know Brian's a terrible character, and I never really cared, but she got obnoxious really fast. 

The sight gag with the ads was funny.

So are they going to continue the plot? It just sort of ended. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1
On 10/1/2018 at 8:10 PM, ganesh said:

I don't know why they weirdly switched to the studio audience. I know Brian's a terrible character, and I never really cared, but she got obnoxious really fast. 

The sight gag with the ads was funny.

So are they going to continue the plot? It just sort of ended. 

Part 2 airs Sunday.

• Love 1

Anyone else fully expecting Brian to orchestrate Jess' murder next episode? If this wasn't a two episode arc I'd expect he would have done that already. After investing in a company that uses dog meat to make protein shakes I find absolutely nothing redeemable about Brian anymore and fully expect him to do the most disgusting thing possible.

• Love 1

Episode 2:

"Dead Dog Walking"

Brian's marriage to Jess is not what he envisioned, especially after her miraculous recovery from cancer. At the suggestion of Peter, Brian lets himself go, causing Jess to make a surprising decision.

Airs October 7, 2018.

Wasn't expecting a part two to last week. I thought this one was better. Brian needs to be more miserable, since karma is such a bitch. A Mr. Creosate reference was something I wasn't expecting, and just as gross as the real thing. Brian should've been fatter in that scene. Same went with the One Froggy Evening spoof, I loved that one. He even croaked like Michigan J. Frog, too.

"If you kill me, the internet will freak out." Yeah...not again. And so Jess finally died for real over the commercial and unceremoniously emptied out of the door, who cares.

So...Stewie vapes now. Yeah.

• Love 2

Honestly, trying to open the doggy bag is something I do almost every day. I like when they have Brian do "dog" things. I'm glad my town has a no-kill shelter. 

This episode had a lot of good gags and a bunch going on. I liked how it they made it such a douchebag thing. Because it is. 

The whole Al Pacino coffee maker joke was dumb and I laughed every time. 

The whole previously on... was funny. I thought the vape plot was actually the best part of the episode. 

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, OnceSane said:

"Dead Dog Walking"

Brian's marriage to Jess is not what he envisioned, especially after her miraculous recovery from cancer. At the suggestion of Peter, Brian lets himself go, causing Jess to make a surprising decision

• Hey, Jess asked him why he let her choke to death on those nachos!
  • I got a good laugh out the series of "previouslies..."
  • "If you kill me, the internet will freak out". NOT!
  • Hey, a Michigan J Frog reference!
  • Love 2

Episode 3:

"Pal Stewie"

To Stewie's surprise, he quickly befriends a boy his age, but is devastated when he realizes he isn't invited to his birthday party. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois attend a self-empowerment seminar.

Airs October 14, 2018.

• Love 1

I'll admit I laughed at alcoholic Lois.

Tony Robbins possessing Peter's car is definitely one of the weirder premises. I miss the time when he ate Peter like a snake.

I did like the storyline wit Hudson. And of course Brian had to be awful and screw everything up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

I'll admit I laughed at alcoholic Lois.

They need to do this more. Bush vodka. 

They haven't dug into the evil Stewie well in a while. I did like how he was doing the evil Stewie and baby things for this plot. 

I did crack up at them totally losing it over SNL. 

• Love 2