Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Fearless

• Start Topic

That gray shirt with the white paper sticking out looks like a prison shirt for Kenny.

After his grandfather's death, David amazingly manages to act like an even bigger ass.

You guys, if the once-a-week pod schedule gets us picture captions like this, I am all for it. "Das Heenghaus" alone had me chuckling and snorting so hard, these nice coffee shop people think I'm having some kind of medical emergency.

(edited)

That is, indeed, the wife of Michael Cudlitz as one of the moms-to-be at the pregnancy clinic.  We went to high school together and she brought him to a couple of the reunions.  She was our high school's "it girl" who could sing, dance, act, play the piano, and was the start of every play - though as far as I could tell, this is her only professional role .  . . but's it's a good one!  She is the one on the left with the dark hair, not the Ohndrea-looking one.  Oh, and they are still married and have been for over 25 years!

Edited by Aimless
  • Love 9
(edited)

I had forgotten that we already knew Val was faking the pregnancy before Saint Kelly is A Bitch About It in upcoming episodes, but still, appreciate the soapiness of Val's scheming.  Dropping off those diapers to the wife was indeed gangster.

I liked the actors who play Cliff and Dick in other things, but as a whole, this season's Gang-adjacent love interests are a snooze compared to Susan, Colin, and even Joe.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I mean.. say what you want but Val does commit when she needs to do. (And seriously I know I always mention that I never watched these in real time, I only know of this show via reruns{soapnet I miss you} but I always remember Val dropping off the diapers and kelly being a bitch in later episodes)

• Love 1

Kenny must be really stupid too demand his mistress have an abortion in the same conversation where he says he wants to keep seeing her. Who would take that deal and for Kenny of all people?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gpgurl50 said:

Kenny must be really stupid too demand his mistress have an abortion in the same conversation where he says he wants to keep seeing her. Who would take that deal and for Kenny of all people?

Yeah. Kenny is not a catch, I never got what Val saw in him- besides the money I guess. But i always wondered what her end game plan was if Kenny had decided once Val was pregnant, he would for sure leave his wife and be with Val and new baby? I mean was she going to pull a situation like one that happened on Nashville with pigs blood? I'm curious.

At this point, the writers must have been trolling, right, right? What's up with the names? KENNY! DICK! Maybe they wanted to stick it to the censors so they were like "Ok, we can't say 'asshole' or whatever, so we're going to name a character DICK just so we can say it as much as we want to, dick." Because after around 1960, was DICK (normally short for Richard) at all popular? I'm a GenXer and I NEVER knew a peer who went by Dick. Rich, Ricky, REEK for Richard, but never DICK. Why? Because the teasing would have been relentless.

20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had forgotten that we already knew Val was faking the pregnancy before Saint Kelly is A Bitch About It in upcoming episodes, but still, appreciate the soapiness of Val's scheming.  Dropping off those diapers to the wife was indeed gangster.

Loved that! I also can't get too worked up about cheating lying Kenny getting played. Should Val extort her married boyfriend and lie to him about being pregnant? No, of course not. But on the other hand Kenny shouldn't be fucking around on his wife and lying to both his wife and his sidepiece. I love how he gets to play the injured party and Val is the worse thing ever when her plot is exposed by St. Kelly and Brandon. Sit down & STFU KENNY.

I liked the actors who play Cliff and Mark in other things, but as a whole, this season's Gang-adjacent love interests are a snooze compared to Susan, Colin, and even Joe.

Seriously. And is it just me, or does Tracy look like a 40 year old housewife who's aging remarkably well? The Mom hair, the voice, etc. Don't get me wrong, she's cute and all, but her whole aura just screams suburban soccer mom to me. I can't take her seriously as a College student. 

David did a better job conveying grief when Dead Scott dead scotted himself when he was 15 ...

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Klaw said:

Loved that! I also can't get too worked up about cheating lying Kenny getting played. Should Val extort her married boyfriend and lie to him about being pregnant? No, of course not. But on the other hand Kenny shouldn't be fucking around on his wife and lying to both his wife and his sidepiece. I love how he gets to play the injured party and Val is the worse thing ever when her plot is exposed by St. Kelly and Brandon. Sit down & STFU KENNY.

Ugh, that was the worst.  At the end, he gets to stand there with is dumb kid and be judgmental when Val returns the money.  He sure as hell wasn't the hero in this whole pathetic affair.  They really did have Val go for the biggest losers when she wasn't trying to ingrain herself with this stupid little clique. 

On 7/4/2017 at 1:14 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

But i always wondered what her end game plan was if Kenny had decided once Val was pregnant, he would for sure leave his wife and be with Val and new baby?

I never watched Nashville, but they had a similar storyline on Melrose Place where Brooke legitimately thought she was pregnant but then found out she wasn't, so she called Billy to pick her up at the hospital and then she told him she had a miscarriage. 

I listened to this episode on the bus this morning and actually rolled my eyes and shook my head when Mark talked about the books representing his two sides. 

Also, I'll never be able to buy polenta again. 

On 7/4/2017 at 9:06 AM, Klaw said:

Seriously. And is it just me, or does Tracy look like a 40 year old housewife who's aging remarkably well? The Mom hair, the voice, etc. Don't get me wrong, she's cute and all, but her whole aura just screams suburban soccer mom to me. I can't take her seriously as a College student. 

l

I always thought it was so weird and I need to look at IMDb and figure out the time line, but why did they replace Susan with a pale imitation in Tracy.  Was it because she left for Buffy? Where Anya was an amazing character and would have kicked Brandon's ass.  I even feel like they looked so similar and just replaced newspaper with tv station. 

On 7/3/2017 at 11:27 AM, Aimless said:

That is, indeed, the wife of Michael Cudlitz as one of the moms-to-be at the pregnancy clinic.  We went to high school together and she brought him to a couple of the reunions.  She was our high school's "it girl" who could sing, dance, act, play the piano, and was the start of every play - though as far as I could tell, this is her only professional role .  . . but's it's a good one!  She is the one on the left with the dark hair, not the Ohndrea-looking one.  Oh, and they are still married and have been for over 25 years!

She seems lucky :) I liked his character and when he turned up on Southland, I was like there's Brenda's prom date! Like to hear long married stories! 

• Love 2

Emma was on 90210 in 1996.  She didn't start playing Anya on Buffy until 1998 so I doubt she left this show for that one.  I think they probably just cast her for season 6, didn't re-sign her when the contract ended, and then weren't paying attention when they wrote and cast Tracy.  If this were a better show I'd suggest that Brandon got involved with Tracy because he wasn't yet over Susan but was still too pissed to try and get back together, but I know that's not the case.  This show isn't that clever. 

See, I've never seen any similarities between Susan and Tracy. Other than the hair color, they really don't look alike, and there's nothing similar to me in their personalities - Susan is rather prickly and butts heads with Brandon from the start, while Tracy kind of moons after him. Susan's patheticness when it came to Brandon took the form of her constantly apologizing to him and cowering around him, while Tracy's is more about how desperate she is for a guy who is mostly Just Not That Into Her.  They don't really have the same level of ambition or social interests, and Susan was portrayed as a somewhat stereotypical college feminist with a chip on her shoulder from a waspy family, while Tracy is portrayed as a wide-eyed country gal from a small town who just wants to impress Brandon.

• Love 3
On 7/7/2017 at 0:07 AM, atlanticslide said:

See, I've never seen any similarities between Susan and Tracy. Other than the hair color, they really don't look alike, and there's nothing similar to me in their personalities - Susan is rather prickly and butts heads with Brandon from the start, while Tracy kind of moons after him. Susan's patheticness when it came to Brandon took the form of her constantly apologizing to him and cowering around him, while Tracy's is more about how desperate she is for a guy who is mostly Just Not That Into Her.  They don't really have the same level of ambition or social interests, and Susan was portrayed as a somewhat stereotypical college feminist with a chip on her shoulder from a waspy family, while Tracy is portrayed as a wide-eyed country gal from a small town who just wants to impress Brandon.

The real difference between them was that Susan and Brandon had chemistry and Tracy and him had zilch . But what made no sense is that Brandon couldn't fall for Tracy because he was still in love with Kelly . Wasn't Susan his last relationship where he was in love ? I understand for the shows purposes they had him obsessed with Kelly , but come on now . He never brought up his and Susan's relationship after the episode when she dumped him but miss I choose me was the love of his life 

On 06/07/2017 at 11:10 AM, scarynikki12 said:

Emma was on 90210 in 1996.  She didn't start playing Anya on Buffy until 1998 so I doubt she left this show for that one.  I think they probably just cast her for season 6, didn't re-sign her when the contract ended, and then weren't paying attention when they wrote and cast Tracy.  If this were a better show I'd suggest that Brandon got involved with Tracy because he wasn't yet over Susan but was still too pissed to try and get back together, but I know that's not the case.  This show isn't that clever. 

I like to think she didn't re-sign. I heard she didn't get along with some of her female costars. Though don't know if that's true. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

I like to think she didn't re-sign. I heard she didn't get along with some of her female costars. Though don't know if that's true. 

That seems to be a theme with some of the later actresses to join the show, right?

7 hours ago, benteen said:

That seems to be a theme with some of the later actresses to join the show, right?

That behavior was crappy if true, but the "Who had the best career?" thread makes me understand it a bit more. Like Jennie had a few credits and Tori nepotized their way into this gig as teens, while Tiffani had already been successful for years on SBTB, and Vanessa was on GH, so I think they were possibly insecure about competing with "real" actresses. It could also explain some of the Shando hate, since she had a bunch of series and "Heathers" pre-90210.

• Love 1
On 7/10/2017 at 9:45 PM, SoupThrower said:

That would make more sense actually and is likely to be true.  There's been talk about how Jennie and Tori were very much Mean Girls to new actresses so I can see Emma being part of their Burn Book.  I can also see her putting up with it long enough to earn her paycheck and fulfill her contract and then move on because there are other gigs with more professional actors. 

• Love 2

It could also explain some of the Shando hate, since she had a bunch of series and "Heathers" pre-90210.

Maybe, but it wasn't just Tori and Jennie that Shannon had issues with...

• Love 1