Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I caught the comment too when Alexi said to Lauren not to touch Mo. Maybe because he was worried Mo would cry foul ?

Exactly that. Loren was on the level there, just trying to square with Mo, but Alexis knows you just can't trust the fucker. Even rubbing his shoulder by accident on the bus could aggravate Mo and send him complaining. 

• Love 8

I don't think it's appropriate to just reach out & touch anyone. No matter how much Loren was trying at that point, had stopped the ridiculous cursing & was trying to appeal to him more graciously, touching is not appropriate.

These shows, & especially the 'tell alls', always bring out the fame whore in these people; it irritates me to watch them sit there & get into everyone's business & act overly dramatic. I think very little of any of them for the most part.

It says a lot about Loren that she is friends with Pao, unless Pao is all an act & she's a very different person IRL. I think Pao will like anyone who kisses her ass. Her own husband apparently isn't allowed to have his own feelings, so why would a 'friend'.

Alexi is still my fav, but I do wonder why he's with someone so immature & volatile, unless again, he's also different IRL. I think Loren needs to calm down & grow up. It's good she's using whatever this 'fame' is to encourage people with her condition, but she sits there & bawls over it when there are no doubt others who are a lot worse than her watching who may not appreciate her lack of gratitude that she's actually doing so well. If she wants to be an encouragement she needs to get outside herself & be more sensitive to others' situations.

Chantel made a very fumbling attempt at 'sympathy' & came off as an insensitive moron. Yeah, she'll make a great nurse.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, SoshulMeedya said:

Regarding Anfisa. We've seen her be horrible with Jorge. One has to wonder how frustrated and disappointed she was in him...not that her behavior is excusable. It's very childish, but we also don't fully know what he's done to trigger these reactions.

What I have noticed, though, is that, aside from Jorge, she has been calm, polite, and nice with everyone else. As mean as Jorge's sister was, Anfisa didn't retaliate, nor did she with Loren.

I think she was naive and really trusted Jorge, and now her life plan has been falling apart.  Not only is he not a millionaire, he can't even afford a decent apartment or a wedding ring for her. Plus his criminal record that impacts things for them.

I don't excuse her bratty behavior, but I'm also feeling like that's not all she is, either.  

It's beyond childish, it's emotionally and physically abusive.  If a man treated his wife or girlfriend that way, you would see charges being filed.  But then again, a real man wouldn't have put up with her crap.  Sure she's polite to relative strangers, in her cool and detached way.  Why wouldn't she be?  But there is nothing warm or friendly about her, she is a nasty individual.  I really don't care about her "life plan", she should have focused on making something of herself instead of finding a sugar daddy to finance her lifestyle.  Being a parasite isn't a life plan.  I don't care for the way Lauren and George's sister went at her either, they both just came off as bitchy and their arguments were largely incoherent rants.  And I have no sympathy for George, he's a putz with no backbone who went on social media to find a hot piece of ass instead of improving himself and finding a real girlfriend.  He's a loser who likes to live beyond his means and present the image of success: nice car, hot wife, etc.  So in a way George and Anfisa both deserved each other.

• Love 14
On 8/27/2017 at 8:23 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

I feel like Mohammed was being as honest as he's ever been when he said that his relationship with Danielle didn't start out as love. And Paola was being a bitch...although she's not totally in the wrong.

I honestly thought he was just trying to say that they started out as friends and he had no intentions of becoming romantic with her.  I still think he scammed her  but I think that's what he meant to say and just couldn't find the words to say it. 

On 8/28/2017 at 6:08 AM, Granny58 said:

Exactly.  And when I heard Anfisa say she was prepared to stay with Jorge, and have his children, and love him as long as he was really able to provide a good life, I thought that was reasonable and not evil at all.  She could do all that and develop a true (at least) fondness for him.  I could have worked.  

Anifsa was honest in what she wanted and expected.  I'm team Anifsa all the way. Jorge lied to her and who cares if she doesn't work.  Like she said Jorge didn't want her to work - why should see if he's making all the money that he claims to be making!?!? He brought her over under shady pretenses. I can't fault her for being pissed off.   I usually like Loren but she can STFU about that situation.  Or she can go after Jorge for being a lying liar that lies. 

I thought it looked like Chantel got a boob job too.  But she's just naturally large?

• Love 8

I'm sure that's what Mo was trying to convey, but it's not what happened. Truth be told. Mo thoroughly conned Danielle from the moment he found her online. The emails, messages, promises etc. he sent her weren't made public on the show, but they've all found their way to U.S. Immigration. (as have his admissions to others about what he did and why he did it. Danielle he said was "a means to an end".  He's getting more practiced on TV telling his BS story because the "innocent boy" routine provides him with lots of cash donations from worshipful fans. 

• Love 6

I didn't know the reunion show was filmed so early in the morning. It was funny how everyone was sitting there thinking of coffee, and only Loren was perky AF and ready to judge ☺

I think she was wrong to ask why Anfisa doesn't get a f....ing job. I wish Anfisa asked her why doesn't she.

Then, when Loren asked her if she would choose a richer suitor and Anfisa said that she would choose the one that treats her better (which makes sense to me), it felt like Loren's answer was prepared for when Anfisa replies "Yes, I would choose a richer man", then it would sound appropriate, and Loren just screamed "You're such a bitch" because that's the answer she was expecting.

I was watching the show with my husband and his friend, and I asked them what they think is going through Alexei's head during the embarassing (in my opinion) behavior Loren was showing. To my surprise, they both said "He's completely detached right now. He's watching a soccer match in his head".

I wonder why their k1 was denied twice. I wonder if it was outright denied, or they just got RFE's and call it "denied".

And I liked how Jorge kept saying "You told me you will wait out the two years", etc., and Anfisa was like "What are you talking about?" Right, prove it!

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

I'm sure that's what Mo was trying to convey, but it's not what happened. Truth be told. Mo thoroughly conned Danielle from the moment he found her online. The emails, messages, promises etc. he sent her weren't made public on the show, but they've all found their way to U.S. Immigration. (as have his admissions to others about what he did and why he did it. Danielle he said was "a means to an end".  He's getting more practiced on TV telling his BS story because the "innocent boy" routine provides him with lots of cash donations from worshipful fans. 

obviously.  That's what I was trying to say - we know he set out to scam her but in this instance he was trying to say they started out as friends and Pao went off on some weird tangent. 

• Love 2

Anifsa was honest in what she wanted and expected.  I'm team Anifsa all the way. Jorge lied to her and who cares if she doesn't work.

Yeah, its not like Anfisa pretended to be a caring and giving person before Jorge married her. She keyed his car and he married her anyway. She said flat out that she would leave him if he was broke, he knew he was in debt and she would probably figure that out at some point, and he married her anyway. Both Jorge and Danielle wanted a relatively hot spouse who they couldn't get in the US, so they blew past every red flag and married crazy. I don't have sympathy for either of them. Danielle in particular wasted thousands of dollars she could have spent on her kids. And I do believe that Jorge lied to Anfisa and claimed to be a millionaire.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ivanova said:

I think she was wrong to ask why Anfisa doesn't get a f....ing job. I wish Anfisa asked her why doesn't she.

Why? It is pretty much the same question that a lot of us wondered about.  After all, if she is divorcing her husband and wanting to stay in the country, how is she going to support herself.  Isn't that a question Immigration would ask her?

Yes Anfisa has been honest, but she has been honest about basically being a gold digger....going to whoever has the most money and who is willing to spend it on her.  And I can understand Loren hating that stereotype.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ivanova said:

I was watching the show with my husband and his friend, and I asked them what they think is going through Alexei's head during the embarassing (in my opinion) behavior Loren was showing. To my surprise, they both said "He's completely detached right now. He's watching a soccer match in his head".

My husband had similar thoughts about Alexei. This is the only couple he can stand watching because they seem most genuine.  Alexei is doing the show to please Loren. He could care less about the other couples and their drama.  And he went along with the drama of their story to stay relevant for the show. Alexei is all about Loren and what makes her happy, everything else be damned.

• Love 6
On 8/28/2017 at 11:04 AM, magemaud said:

You mean they didn't cover "Tretts" in Terrible Diseases 101? 

Lol no. Maybe I was daydreaming but i don't remember it being discussed in detail. 

• Love 1

Anfisa wants nice, name brand things (not a crime) but I think underneath that cold, hard exterior is potentially a sweet girl who just needs to be with the right man.  I have a feeling she wants a real relationship to go along with her designer bags and shoes.  Maybe the way to her heart is through expensive purhases, but there is a way there for sure. 

I believe her when she said she could've been with Jorge for a long time, have kids, all that. But he lied to her continually, not just about how much money he had in the beginning.  She had no right to put her hands on him, but I'd have been just as frustrated and upset.  If you lie all the time, you can't build anything from there so she just focused on what she could get out of him. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Why? It is pretty much the same question that a lot of us wondered about.  After all, if she is divorcing her husband and wanting to stay in the country, how is she going to support herself. 

The irony is that Loren doesn't have a job either. Being a Tourettes ambassador and going to conferences every once in a while to tell people how hard her life has been is not a job. So why does she think someone else needs to find a job and she doesn't have to? Just because she is married and another person is not?

17 minutes ago, NinaH said:

She had no right to put her hands on him, but I'd have been just as frustrated and upset.

I agree. But from what I saw it seems like talking to Jorge feels like walking through molasses. It's such a test of patience.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

The irony is that Loren doesn't have a job either. Being a Tourettes ambassador and going to conferences every once in a while to tell people how hard her life has been is not a job. So why does she think someone else needs to find a job and she doesn't have to? Just because she is married and another person is not?

And why doesn't princess Loren get a home of her own?  Doesn't she live in her parents condo?  Or somebody's condo besides one she pays for?  The reason I think she lives there for free is the hodge podge decor and furnishings. Doesn't look like a place Loren would live in, unless she's just shacking up there and knows to leave things alone.  

If she can live off other people, so can Anfisa. NOT the taxpayers of this country, but some willing dude.  Also Anfisa said she had some money in savings, maybe she lives more frugally than she would have people to believe. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Dobian said:

It's beyond childish, it's emotionally and physically abusive.  If a man treated his wife or girlfriend that way, you would see charges being filed.  But then again, a real man wouldn't have put up with her crap.  Sure she's polite to relative strangers, in her cool and detached way.  Why wouldn't she be?  But there is nothing warm or friendly about her, she is a nasty individual.  I really don't care about her "life plan", she should have focused on making something of herself instead of finding a sugar daddy to finance her lifestyle.  Being a parasite isn't a life plan. 

Thank you!!! Being a parasite ISN'T a fucking life plan and I won't give it any respect or even consideration.

5 hours ago, gunderda said:

I honestly thought he was just trying to say that they started out as friends and he had no intentions of becoming romantic with her.  I still think he scammed her  but I think that's what he meant to say and just couldn't find the words to say it.

When Danielle visited him in Tunisia, you don't think he acted romantic toward her?

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

I agree. But from what I saw it seems like talking to Jorge feels like walking through molasses. It's such a test of patience.

I agree and wonder why Loren does not have a job. But she does live with a husband who works. How will Anfisa support herself if she expects to stay in the country? Just common sense.

If Anfisa were a man who came here to leech off an American woman, and who had hit her, I wonder if people would be judging him differently? Double standards abound.

• Love 6
On 8/28/2017 at 1:00 AM, pollywood said:

I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with Mohamed about the way the Americans treat the immigrants like objects and that it was such a great sacrifice to bring them to the US. Some of them like Alexei came from perfectly fine places.

Amen.

It's obvious what he and Anifsa wanted to come to this country.  

Both Jorge and Danielle wanted attractive spouses that were out of their leagues.  The carrot to get them to come here was their desire to live in America.  Both could find love here in the US with mates that are in their league.  But they would rather have someone feel gratitude towards them.  Someone who they feel they can control through a green card.  I don't feel sorry for them; they are both complete idiots who wanted to own someone.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Loren doesn't have to answer why she doesn't have a job because she's not bitching about deserving a luxurious lifestyle just for being physically present and a Moscow 7/Los Angeles 4. Totally different situation. 

But it's not totally different. It's totally the same thing. Loren  has lived off her parents during the 90 days and now she's living off her husband who has two jobs  to support her She neither spins  nor toils.  She doesn't want to cook. She won't learn Russian. She won't learn Hebrew. The only difference between Anfusa and Loren  is that Anfisa it is upfront and direct about what she wants. Loren just covers for laziness with a veneer of "I am looking fir a job worthy of me" and "poor me. I have trettes and it's so hard..."  Oh yeah, and Loren is American and Anfisa isn't. Talk about double standards....

• Love 13

Anfisa & Whorege: 

Mrs Anfisa is below average not only in Moscow (as someone up above mentioned), but in smaller cities too. In my area she would be 6 out of 10 and I'm being generous to my fellow Russian. However, she must have been somewhat succesful in her gold digging career, because somebody did pay for her boobs & facial fillers. Unless, of course, her beloved grandmother took a bank loan (which is nothing unusual here, people take bank loans for all the wrong reasons now). She is not a typical bubble head as she speaks fairly good English and can more or less clearly express her thoughts. But, she is pretty amateur/inexperienced as she didn't decipher that Whorege wasn't really a billionaire. She is not likable at all and you can respect her to the extent that she is being quite frank about her true intentions. With all that said, Loren's question in regards to lack of job was quite useless.  First, Loren hasn't worked in a while either. Second, Anfisa firmly believes she is too gorgeous to work 9 to 5. She probably hopes she could score a cute business like a spa salon out of her gold digging career, but that's it. She told Whorege multiple times her terms & conditions. She actually told the whole world about it. You might not accept it, but that is how she is. I am no fan of Anfisa, but I am on her side here.

And Mr Anfisa is trying to wear big boy pants now, eh? Trying to terrify Anfisa with her webcam girl past & assumed stripper present? Acting like he is CSI LA detective and he just cracked the biggest sham of the century? I am pretty sure he paid to chat with her on webcam and beat his meat ferociously until she figured she could get more out of him than 10 bucks per hour (or whatever she was getting).

Loren & Alexei:

I might sound very cynical here, but I believe her "Tretts" condition is being artificially magnified for the sake of ratings. I am also dumdfounded by how the whole cast and the host acted when Loren burst into tear. Why is she a victim? Why is everybody forgetting about the fact that she & her family lied to Alexei and then accused him of being an asshole for the way he acted?  

Alexei seems to be doing the show for Loren only to satisfy her thrist for fame. He looks zoomed out most of the time. 

Family Chantal:

I think the chicken feet curse actually did work on the poor girl.  All her brain drained down to her blossom and is ready to errupt.

Family Pedro:

if he is capable of buying $2500 video games and constantly send money to DR, why can not he afford English classes? I understand it is quite easy to work and live in the US without any knowledge of English if you stick to your native community, but it does limit your options. 

Paolo & Russita:

I just loved the way Russita roasted Paolo. You go, girl! Flip it back and forth, because you hair game is so much better than Paolo's. What career is she talking about? What are those amazing jobs that she turned down? Her own agency scammed her. And those YouTube music videos are not gonna get her a Grammy. 

Dani & MoMo:

Dani needs therapy. Simple as that.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Loren doesn't have to answer why she doesn't have a job because she's not bitching about deserving a luxurious lifestyle just for being physically present and a Moscow 7/Los Angeles 4. Totally different situation. 

I don't follow your logic here. Loren doesn't say she deserves a carefree life and therefore she is entitled to live this life? This is not very logical.

...I know that Anfisa is very straightforward and direct about her intentions, etc., but what I really am jealous of in her is that it's absolutely impossible to divert her from where she stands. She doesn't give in to any manipulation. I wish I was this way when I was younger.

• Love 7

Chantel's only getting an associate degree in nursing. I'm thinking Pedro knows english better than he lets on. However, in Atlanta metro it is very easy to get around and get along not knowing english. Mohamed worked in Doha, Qatar but is a Tunisian national. Someone posted about Tunisian Love Rats? Tell me more about this. Is it a thing?

1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

But it's not totally different. It's totally the same thing. Loren  has lived off her parents during the 90 days and now she's living off her husband who has two jobs  to support her She neither spins  nor toils.  She doesn't want to cook. She won't learn Russian. She won't learn Hebrew. The only difference between Anfusa and Loren  is that Anfisa it is upfront and direct about what she wants. Loren just covers for laziness with a veneer of "I am looking fir a job worthy of me" and "poor me. I have trettes and it's so hard..."  Oh yeah, and Loren is American and Anfisa isn't. Talk about double standards....

No, these things you're describing aren't the same.

Loren and Alexei say they married for love. We have no reason to believe otherwise. For one reason or another, she's not working now, and they both seem okay with this arrangement. I have never heard Loren complain about Alexei not sufficiently spoiling her with material things. She may or may not be lazy, but she's not demanding to be a kept woman/legal hooker.

Anfisa married Jorge for money. Everyone here praises her for her "honesty" about being a trifling ho, as though that somehow makes it admirable. When Jorge turns out to be broke on top of being dumb, she bitches that she's not getting what she came for. Loren suggests that maybe Anfisa should get a job if she wants that stuff, and buy her own damn lip implants and tacky purses. As someone astutely pointed out above, being a grifter isn't really a career plan. 

The difference is: while neither woman currently works, one is complaining about not having material things yet refusing to earn them herself, and the other is (as far as we've seen) content with her financial arrangement. It's as plain as day. They are not the same. 

Who speaks which language, or who came from which country, or who has which disorder, or who turns on the fucking stove, could not possibly be less relevant.

20 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

I don't follow your logic here. Loren doesn't say she deserves a carefree life and therefore she is entitled to live this life? This is not very logical.

Your not being able to follow my logic doesn't mean I'm not logical. 

• Love 9

Wow were there some out of control egos on the show.  Loren thinks she has a righteous reason to call out others when she has continually lied to her husband (who works two jobs to support her), and then blames him for having any reaction when he finds out about her lies.  It's all so HARD for her...

Pao continues to believe that she is the next Sophia Verraga (sp) and is destined for great fame.  

Danielle continues to see herself as a victim because she wouldn't always be checking out Mo's social media if he wasn't always posting on it.  Then, she admitted that he is no longer posting on it and seemed frustrated by that.

Chantel basically clued us all into the fact that she is in no way empathetic enough to be a nurse.  

Jorge continues to try to play victim and still isn't very successful at it.

And Pedro just seems to be having a good time.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Sure she does. If she's not working, then she's faking all that feminist glory she was railing about to Anfisa. She should be working and helping her man hold it down. Maybe then, they could move back to NYC and stop blaming her inability to support Alexei while he was legally barred from working for her having to give up her SATC lifestyle and move back in with her parents in Florida. Which brings up another critical issue: How tf are you going to saddle your parents with financially supporting you and your spouse while you're even trying to work? Seems pretty selfish to me.

I believe the saying goes, Physician, heal thyself.

• Love 4
Just now, brillia79 said:

Sure she does. If she's not working, then she's faking all that feminist glory she was railing about to Anfisa. She should be working and helping her man hold it down. Maybe then, they could move back to NYC and stop blaming her inability to support Alexei while he was legally barred from working for her having to give up her SATC lifestyle and move back in with her parents in Florida. Which brings up another critical issue: How tf are you going to saddle your parents with financially supporting you and your spouse while you're even trying to work? Seems pretty selfish to me.

I believe the saying goes, Physician, heal thyself.

Okay but none of this is relevant to what Loren said to Anfisa. Also, feminism is about choice. That includes the choice of whether to be a working spouse. If her parents are cool with supporting her that's on them. People are calling Loren selfish, lazy, and a fake feminist... maybe that's all true, but she's not being a hypocrite and she's 100% right that Anfisa needs to get a damn job or stop complaining.

BTW, was Anfisa even supporting herself back in Moscow, or was she sponging off her poor grandmother? The only job she seems to have held is cam girl.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Loren and Alexei say they married for love. We have no reason to believe otherwise. For one reason or another, she's not working now, and they both seem okay with this arrangement. I have never heard Loren complain about Alexei not sufficiently spoiling her with material things. She may or may not be lazy, but she's not demanding to be a kept woman/legal hooker.

Anfisa married Jorge for money. Everyone here praises her for her "honesty" about being a trifling ho, as though that somehow makes it admirable. When Jorge turns out to be broke on top of being dumb, she bitches that she's not getting what she came for. Loren suggests that maybe Anfisa should get a job if she wants that stuff, and buy her own damn lip implants and tacky purses. As someone astutely pointed out above, being a grifter isn't really a career plan. 

The difference is: while neither woman currently works, one is complaining about not having material things yet refusing to earn them herself, and the other is (as far as we've seen) content with her financial arrangement. It's as plain as day. They are not the same. 

Who speaks which language, or who came from which country, or who has which disorder, or who turns on the fucking stove, could not possibly be less relevant.

You make more sense than anyone else here, IMHO. 

When I'm living solely on someone else's dime, I don't ask for luxuries.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Okay but none of this is relevant to what Loren said to Anfisa. Also, feminism is about choice. That includes the choice of whether to be a working spouse. If her parents are cool with supporting her that's on them. People are calling Loren selfish, lazy, and a fake feminist... maybe that's all true, but she's not being a hypocrite and she's 100% right that Anfisa needs to get a damn job or stop complaining.

BTW, was Anfisa even supporting herself back in Moscow, or was she sponging off her poor grandmother? The only job she seems to have held is cam girl.

Feminism is about choice... but Anfisa's choices aren't valid. Got it.

Not working and letting your parents and spouse support you whine calling someone else out for the same thing is valid. Anfisa expecting to not work and be supported by a man who said he could support her is hypocrisy.

My statements were all relevant. Loren can't/isn't working and is letting others support her while basically calling out Anfisa because she wasn't nice enough about her expectations.

That kind of fake feminism is good for no one. Especially when in Loren's case, it's followed by tears and manipulation to mask the hypocrisy and deceit.

Cam girl is more of a job than Loren has. It shows that if she needs to support herself, Anfisa's willing to do it. She's not letting others do he work for her like Loren or stealing from people like Danielle.

When I'm living solely on someone else's dime, I don't ask for luxuries.

A whole lot of housewives are going to be dumbfounded that they don't have the right to ask for any luxuries while being supported by a spouse who does not want them to work.

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Anfisa is complaining because Jorge lied to her about his financial situation. He made certain promises and assurances  that he would happily provide her with a certain financial standard. The only reason Anfisa.is demanding luxuries is because Jorge assured her he could provide them. He misrepresented both himself and the facts. That's part of the issue. The other part of the issue is that Jorge doesn't want an independent wife who works. Remember his comments about American fem Nazis...yada yada. He wants a wife who's home all day looking hot and at his beck and call. It adds to his ability to control her. I also find it interesting that we go on and on about how shallow Anfisa is.  Why is no one holding Jorge accountable for his shallow lust for her. He never had any profound feeling for her besides her being a great piece of ass. She even said that if she gained weight and got ugly, she knew he would leave her. Double standard much?

As for Loren I'm sorry, but sitting at home on your ass all day while you're less than rich parents house you and your husband is the definition of entitlement. So is letting your husband work two jobs  so you can sit at home and whine for the cameras about the struggles of your daily life. Loren  is not totally stupid. She can't whine for luxuries when her husband's an EMT, but she is demanding the luxury of free time to do as she pleases. Entitlement pure and simple.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

As for Loren I'm sorry, but sitting at home on your ass all day while you're less than rich parents house you and your husband is the definition of entitlement. So is letting your husband work two jobs  so you can sit at home and whine for the cameras about the struggles of your daily life. Loren  is not totally stupid. She can't whine for luxuries when her husband's an EMT, but she is demanding the luxury of free time to do as she pleases. Entitlement pure and simple.

That part. Trying to point out the speck in someone else's eye while failing to see the log in her own eye.

Entitled.

• Love 8

Loren has a much better chance of finding a decent job than Anfisa, who
a) just got her green card a few months ago and wasn't allowed to work before that, and how long does it take for an average person to find a job?
b) doesn't have a car while living in LA
c) doesn't have work experience in the US
d) probably doesn't have a degree.
Loren has all of the above. How can we compare their chances of landing a job?

BTW, Loren doesn't wear a potato sack for a dress; she likes nice things like a cute Vera Bradley travel bag. She's ok with Alexei buying her nice stuff.

Edited by Ivanova
  • Love 10

Y'all are still totally missing my point but it's not worth getting a mod warning for engaging in slapfights so enjoy the last word on Saint Anfisa. 

I do find it hilarious that someone other than the actual prostitute is the one supposedly setting feminism back. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Y'all are still totally missing my point but it's not worth getting a mod warning for engaging in slapfights so enjoy the last word on Saint Anfisa. 

I do find it hilarious that someone other than the actual prostitute is the one supposedly setting feminism back. 

I have no problem discussing the show and not getting personal. That is what we're doing here, right? I understand your point. I don't agree with it.

Fine, Anfisa's a whore. But she'll be that whore who can pay her own bills when Jorge cuts her off. Her whore status doesn't absolve Lauren from being a lazy, entitled, self-centered, drama queen hypocrite (or a liar). Imo, that's So. Much. Worse.

• Love 9

I think Loren worked as an executive assistant when living in NYC; it was said at one point early on in the show. I believe earlier in this season she mentioned having trouble finding a job, & many people are having trouble. I don't think she's not working out of choice, from what it seemed.

They also showed her trying to learn to cook Alexei's favorite foods when his mom came. Could've been for TV but there was some effort it seemed. They shopped, cooked & spent time together.

I'm not a fan of Loren's dramatic, immature ways, but I don't equate her with plastic, self admitted gold digger Anfisa, at all.

• Love 5

I can (and have been) the sexy playmate in my personal life, but prefer to use my education and brain to make my living. jMO. Most men I've known want more than a playmate in a life companion and mother for their children too. You can pay whores by the hour, no need to marry them.

• Love 3

Anfisa married Jorge for money. Everyone here praises her for her "honesty" about being a trifling ho, as though that somehow makes it admirable.

I do not think it is admirable. As a Russian myself, I am actually petrified (another Russian gold digger on TV for the whole world to see). But at leats it is not as cringe-worthy as Paolo proclaiming her love to Russita while it is obvious to everybody she is more interested in her career and fame. It is like Anfisa says "I am in it for the money", and either you agree or disagree with her "life plan", you know who you are dealing with and do not expect anything. When Paolo says "I am in it for love" and then does everything to show how she couldn't care less about that love. that's where it gets very hypocritical. At some point in the Tell All while arguing with MoMo Paolo said something about everyone wanting to come to US to live the American Dream and her face was just glowing. That said it all to me. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I think that the point we're trying to make is that Anfisa does have a job. Her job is sexy playmate. Her employer just isn't paying her the salary he promised. I would love to have that job, but I'm not blessed with a 20 inch waist, nice boobs (I think they're real), or a lack of inhibition. So, I had to get an 8 to 5 job because no rich man was willing to marry me for the sexy playmate position. I had to bring something else to the matrimonial bargaining table.

We can't expect Anfisa to work all day waiting tables, then work all night at sexy playmate job.

Anfisa has a job, whether we approve of it or not. She needs a new employer. 

This. So much this.

And feminism means that Anfisa's choices are her choices - whether we approve or not. She doesn't owe us an explanation or a sugar coating so we feel what she is doing is more palatable or acceptable. 

For me, all Feminism is is a woman doing whst she wants when she wants without owing society any more of an explanation or justification than a man would. 

That's why I find it so odd so hilarious that everyone is sanctimoniously judging  Anfusa for being a prostitute when no one is tearing  Jorge apart for wanting to buy that prostitute. Double standard much?

• Love 17

He is also trash, but we don't have the option of deporting him. We don't need to allow non citizens who have nothing to offer our country to stay when their quickie marriage falls apart.

Domestic abusers shouldn't be allowed to stay in the country, IMO.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He is also trash, but we don't have the option of deporting him. We don't need to allow non citizens who have nothing to offer our country to stay when their quickie marriage falls apart.

I see. So, everyone is tearing her apart because she is foreign. If she were American, we would let it go like with Loren and Jorge. Well, at least it's clear now. Double standards everywhere.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can (and have been) the sexy playmate in my personal life, but prefer to use my education and brain to make my living. jMO. Most men I've known want more than a playmate in a life companion and mother for their children too. You can pay whores by the hour, no need to marry them.

But that's exactly what Jorge wanted. A sexy playmate. He even told us about evil American feminazis with their book learning man bashing ways.

He's far from the only man like this. Hell, he's not even the only man like this on this season (Russ).

• Love 7

Your points are perfectly logical to me.  I would also add that Loren has talked about going back to work in New York where she previously worked for years, but Alexei wants to stay in Florida.  Maybe she is having a hard time finding work in her field in Florida.  Further, Alexei and Loren both seem content with their lifestyle. Maybe Alexei doesn't really want her to work.  There is nothing wrong with that arrangement of they both agree.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

the other is (as far as we've seen) content with her financial arrangement

6 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

There is nothing wrong with that arrangement of they both agree.

Exactly, the keyword is "arrangement". It means that  there was something they agreed upon. One couple agreed on one thing, and another on another thing. One of the agreements has been breached.

• Love 5

Personally I don't think much of any of these guys who buy trophy wives from other countries, & it does shed a bad light on the whole process, for both sides. But of course they will pick couples who will make the best TV & make the most of any drama they can enhance or manufacture. I think the "Tell All" drama is especially very fake.

I'm not feeling badly for Anfisa because she really is getting what she wanted -to be a star of some sort, so now she's a reality star. She's getting a lot of attention & enjoying every minute of it.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Your points are perfectly logical to me.  I would also add that Loren has talked about going back to work in New York where she previously worked for years, but Alexei wants to stay in Florida.  Maybe she is having a hard time finding work in her field in Florida.  Further, Alexei and Loren both seem content with their lifestyle. Maybe Alexei doesn't really want her to work.  There is nothing wrong with that arrangement of they both agree.

Anfisa and Jorge had a simple jet arrangement to what Alexei and Loren have. The man brings hone his he bacon and the wife sits on hers. The point is that Jorge fucking LIED about his ability to uphold his end of the bargain. And now Anfisa is pissed because she was LIED to. Course she will eventually go out and find another gig at some point - just like Loren might do. Hell, she may even find a better job than Loren. She is after all bilingual. Poor Loren can barely speak English well between her trettes, vocal fry, likes, and oh my Gods. She can barely make an argument without breaking down in tears .

• Love 14
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

Personally I don't think much of any of these guys who buy trophy wives from other countries, & it does shed a bad light on the whole process, for both sides. But of course they will pick couples who will make the best TV & make the most of any drama they can enhance or manufacture. I think the "Tell All" drama is especially very fake.

I'm not feeling badly for Anfisa because she really is getting what she wanted -to be a star of some sort, so now she's a reality star. She's getting a lot of attention & enjoying every minute of it.

I mean, we're never gonna see a normal couple with a healthy relationship on a reality show. Since the medium isn't new anymore, it's a given that something is "off" with anyone who agrees to be on one.

I wouldn't say I feel bad for Anfisa, but even if she's getting attention now, this isn't gonna last. This isn't like a Housewives franchise. If any of these couples are banking on long term attention and paychecks, the clock is running out before they're shipped off to the web series, then back into obscurity where it's just their shaky marriage, no cameras and no perks.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Ivanova said:

Exactly, the keyword is "arrangement". It means that  there was something they agreed upon. One couple agreed on one thing, and another on another thing. One of the agreements has been breached.

Loren and Alexei are content. There is no breach of anything between them.

• Love 4