Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Confronting the Past

• Start Topic

Four and a half weeks ago, three couples took the ultimate leap of faith and married a stranger. They've been learning more about each other every day, and now the experts have encouraged them to take their new spouse to a place from their past that has special meaning to them.

Man, Cory is milquetoast as fuck. There is nothing there. Why is this anesthesia drug with legs on my screen?

Donnay sets off my gaydar in ways that would put Elton John to shame. Nate should not be jealous, but he's Nate.

Ashley and Anthony will be the 3rd success in 5 seasons - I'm putting on my Wolf Blitzer wig and making a projection now.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Ok, I'm getting the wine, stop trying to tell me i don't need it to get through this show.  

If you can get thru these damn commercials every 2 minutes, you can get thru the show, lol.

• Love 3
Just now, Gem 10 said:

If you can get thru these damn commercials every 2 minutes, you can get thru the show, lol.

I need wine for the commercials too.  I mean it's recap, commercial, 35 seconds of new material, wash, rinse, repeat.   I NEED ALL THE WINE!!!!

• Love 3

Another overreaction from Ashley. 

I would play that drinking game. Take a sip every time Ashley overreacts. Take a sip every time Nate says "my wife". 

• Love 3

I LURVE Nate's grandparents!!!  And @roseslg, I think Grandpa meant that even though things don't go perfectly all the time, you can get through it </unofficialNateGrandpaTranslation>.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

I LURVE Nate's grandparents!!!  And @roseslg, I think Grandpa meant that even though things don't go perfectly all the time, you can get through it </unofficialNateGrandpaTranslation>.

Thanks!!!  If you ever need a translator for island folks, let me know. 

• Love 1
(edited)

How many episodes left?  

35 minutes ago, VanSensei said:

Man, Cory is milquetoast as fuck. There is nothing there. Why is this anesthesia drug with legs on my screen?

Love this.  He is happy to see Danielle's walls coming down though.  Lmao!  

ETA.  Just googled. Previous seasons had 16 episodes.  I cannot make 5  more.  I skipped the last two and just read here.  

I am taking a poll.  Will Cody and Danielle ever have sex?  Yes or No

I vote, no.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Can anyone translate what Nate's granddad is saying?  I have to focus to understand.  

One reason I love closed captions.  But I could understand Nate's granddad though, I mean it sounded like he was speaking English to me.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

Wow. Nate is posturing. The first rung in abuse is control. Controlling who you talk to, to who you spend time or correspond with. I hope that she sticks to her guns and does not give upon her best friend just because her husband is threatened by his presence or jealous of him. 

• Love 4
(edited)

"The experts got it right!" 

The experts, in 5 seasons of this show, have gotten about 4 things right. Still a step up from the original 3 of the Great American Scam Married at First Sight.

And no, Cody and Danielle are NEVER having sex. It would be a Christmas miracle if they got past non-cordial light kissing.

Edited by VanSensei
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I am with Sheila on the hotel.  Why be uncomfortable?  

Me too. Especially with how his mom has been acting. It would be totally awkward. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

Me too. Especially with how his mom has been acting. It would be totally awkward. 

Don't get until later but I am taking it his family wants to stay with them? Which if so that place is not meant for that many to be in there. Even a night or 2. Heck I have a good size place and I wouldn't allow my parents to stay with me because it would be miserable. No one should have to deal with the crap that can come from it in their own home. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Sheila, shut up and eat your chicken.   Don't engage.  Everyone else leaving the room is such a setup.  

Also, Dr. Pepper is stooopid.  I'm sorry, but I'm not taking abuse from any inlaws because I happen to marry into it.  If someone is going to be a complete jerkface towards me for no reason, I'm out.  I've stopped talking to my own toxic family members, I would have even less tolerance for toxic inlaws.  

Edited by roseslg
  • Love 17

Anthony's sister looks like she's on something, or drunk.

I'm not sure that Nate's mom didn't want Nate to get married, or didn't want him to be on the show.  Excuse me though, Nate's mom acts like a real witch with a "b".

I kind of disagree with the experts.  What happens to people who are from very dysfunctional families?  What happens when someone is sober and their family are active alcoholics?  

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Me too. I vote No.

Noooooo !   Did I see straight?  Did Danielle actually take Cody to her "special place" a PARK where she spent time with her ex?  WTF?  I'm liking her less and less.  And "NO" to the poll.

3 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I am with Sheila on the hotel.  Why be uncomfortable?  

• Love 10

Nate's mom is such a grade A bitch. WHY WOULD THEY CALL HER? I'd rather not call and not regret it than call and surely regret it. 

Cody keeps calling Danielle "wife" as if that's going to magically change their relationship.

Anthony's sister definitely seems high.

• Love 5

That's right Danielle, get Cody liquored up, get romantical, something, anything to get him to have sex with you! Still don't think it'll happen though. 

Nate's Mom is so negative. I don't blame them for staying at a hotel. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, roseslg said:

She's going to come back in lingerie! Maybe, I don't know.  My god, someone, have sex with Cody.  

I doubt it. lol I fee like it's going to be something so stupid. 

• Love 2

I am such a putz.  I actually was feeling kind of hopeful for Cody and Danielle.  Just call me Charlie Brown and this show Lucy with the football.

Remarkably, Nate and Sheila are my favorite couple this season, followed very closely by Anthony and Ashley.  So, does Anthony have capped teeth after the soccer incident? I guess they're not dentures because Ashley would have totally noticed that.  I hope.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Also, Dr. Pepper is stooopid.  I'm sorry, but I'm not taking abuse from any inlaws because I happen to marry into it.  If someone is going to be a complete jerkface towards me for no reason, I'm out.  I've stopped talking to my own toxic family members, I would have even less tolerance for toxic inlaws.  

23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I kind of disagree with the experts.  What happens to people who are from very dysfunctional families?  What happens when someone is sober and their family are active alcoholics?  

I will never understand where the hell this idiot so called "experts" ever get off telling people this shit is ok to deal with and you have to put up with it or to tell one of the spouses to go back when that says their gut screams don't do it, or that you are suppose to just be ok and able to forgive whatever your spouse does. These 3 idiots need to just shut up. I know I don't talk at all to my sister and I limit contact with my mom to email and nothing more because they are toxic. Honestly if I could I would cut my mom too. I won't deal with the crap I had to growing up and into my 20s from them. Or how I was greeted at and spoken to at my Grandma's funeral by them. No way in HELL would someone tell me I should put up with that crap or have my husband and kids put up with it because they are "family". Of course I don't believe pepper really understands a thing about marriage and relationships either considering how her life has been. I wish one of these people on the show would one day turn around and tell the "experts" to fuck off because they are irresponsible in their advice and matching...as well as they are pretty toxic. Man would that be one of the best things ever if it happened and aired. 

6 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

I am such a putz.  I actually was feeling kind of hopeful for Cody and Danielle.  Just call me Charlie Brown and this show Lucy with the football.

LMAO 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I will never understand where the hell this idiot so called "experts" ever get off telling people this shit is ok to deal with and you have to put up with it or to tell one of the spouses to go back when that says their gut screams don't do it, or that you are suppose to just be ok and able to forgive whatever your spouse does. These 3 idiots need to just shut up. I know I don't talk at all to my sister and I limit contact with my mom to email and nothing more because they are toxic. Honestly if I could I would cut my mom too. I won't deal with the crap I had to growing up and into my 20s from them. Or how I was greeted at and spoken to at my Grandma's funeral by them. No way in HELL would someone tell me I should put up with that crap or have my husband and kids put up with it because they are "family". Of course I don't believe pepper really understands a thing about marriage and relationships either considering how her life has been. I wish one of these people on the show would one day turn around and tell the "experts" to fuck off because they are irresponsible in their advice and matching...as well as they are pretty toxic. Man would that be one of the best things ever if it happened and aired. 

LMAO 

YES to everything EVIL QUEEN.  I think this episode hit us all in one way or another.  Those "experts" have to go.  Great post.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

YES to everything EVIL QUEEN.  I think this episode hit us all in one way or another.  Those "experts" have to go.  Great post.

Thanks. I still have an hour until its no here but knowing this prepares me for the crap from pepper. Won't make me less mad about it but at least I know its coming and agree they do need to go. Not sure why pepper didn't get the heave ho with the other ones but I don't think it would have made a difference anyway

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, that was one boring episode.  *yawn*

Danielle is ridiculous with the mixed signals she's sending.  I think she's really spoiled but I also see Cody as just too young.  Notice in 'Unfiltered' Nate and Anthony are wearing dress shirts and jackets while Cody looks loke a college kid wearing a long-sleeve tshirt and skater shoes. Ugh.

Speaking of clothes, Sheila looked incredible in the heels and slacks she wore.  She seems more confident these past two episodes.  I like her and Nate.

Anthony and Ashley are fine.  I think Anthony's sister was on crack.  Dang she was talking a mile a minute!  I always hate it when people say they have no filter.  It's never enjoyable being around someone who just blurts out whatever's in their head.  Grow up, get a filter.

Anyway, an overall boring episode!

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

The experts did not hit the nail on the hammer*  this season.

* thank you Cody. 

Yeah and Cody's not going to be nailing anything with his hammer, that's for sure.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 9

First we have "crack chicken" at Nate's mom's house and then "crack sister" at Anthony's mom's house.

Has Anthony's dad's absence been explained?

I admit I haven't been paying that much attention.  This is the part of the season when they spend 4 episodes at the 4 week mark.  ZZZzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nate and Sheila may only know each other for 4 weeks, but they fight like a married couple.

Cody is boring and blah but Danielle is no prize.  I think she is really into herself.

Is it me or does Anthony's sister seem a bit like Ashley's sister in being overbearing and with her nose where it doesn't belong?  I smell producer manipulation.

• Love 4

I have been watching the Love Connection.  4 episodes in there have been 2 electric matches, one got engaged tonight and it sure seems it may be the real deal, they were excited and full of joy.   If this show can do this what is going on with this one?   The bachelor (expanded community) has had tremendous luck too, if you compare this limp (pun intended, Cody) attempt.  

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I have been watching the Love Connection.  4 episodes in there have been 2 electric matches, one got engaged tonight and it sure seems it may be the real deal, they were excited and full of joy.   If this show can do this what is going on with this one?   The bachelor (expanded community) has had tremendous luck too, if you compare this limp (pun intended, Cody) attempt.  

The reason is this show is not matching to make a good connection/match that has a chance of lasting. They are matching for the drama and nothing more. Otherwise we would get more matches from it that worked. It also doesn't help the crap the idiot "experts" spew at these couples either. The producers and the "experts" are irresponsible in every way possible. With shows like the Bachelor you have your fame whores that want to be part of it too but its also such a big show and on a major network that they have no problems finding all different kinds that want to apply for it. While MAFS has to recruit to keep it going. Its no just men but women too so they are just picking whoever and running with it. I would love to see less stupid drama and matches made that could be real and have a chance.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

The reason is this show is not matching to make a good connection/match that has a chance of lasting. They are matching for the drama and nothing more. Otherwise we would get more matches from it that worked. It also doesn't help the crap the idiot "experts" spew at these couples either. The producers and the "experts" are irresponsible in every way possible. With shows like the Bachelor you have your fame whores that want to be part of it too but its also such a big show and on a major network that they have no problems finding all different kinds that want to apply for it. While MAFS has to recruit to keep it going. Its no just men but women too so they are just picking whoever and running with it. I would love to see less stupid drama and matches made that could be real and have a chance.

Yeah.  It must have high ratings to explain why they are on season 5.   @Drogo, you must have lost a bet to be assigned the mod duties here.  My love and sympathy to you, dear man with fabulous daughter.   

And, why do I watch?  Well I don't much but read here because I am a hopeless romantic and always love to see a TV match actually work.  

Edited by wings707
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yeah.  It must have high ratings to explain why they are on season 5. 

And, why do I watch?  Well I don't much but read here because I am a hopeless romantic and always love to see a TV match actually work.  

LOL I think we all watching in hopes of something happening in a good way. Its a shame they can't just go that route and give us that kind of show more than the drama hour.

• Love 5

Danielle didn't want to be married she wanted free therapy and a chance to work through her issues with her previous relationships. Specifically getting the chance to mention Chester McCheaty cheating on her multiple times on TV. Burn your Dear John letter on your own time and let people who are willing to try to convince themselves that they want to marry a stranger on TV do the drama dance for us. 

• Love 9

Danielle needs to tone down the damn makeup. Its either bangs in the eyes or checks as bright pink as she can make it. God Danielle and her friend are just.....I just can't even say it so I will just say eeeeewwwww. I would like to stop hearing the same crap from Danielle over and over again. The reason she can't get there is she is hooked on her ex...or at least it comes across that way. Then she isn't attracted to Cody. Ok that is fine but if the whole chemistry is such a BIG deal to her she shouldn't have signed up for this show. No shit its not fair to compare him to your ex's. If her past is such an issue then why the hell did she sign up for this crap? Then on top of it why the hell would you take your husband to a place you went with your ex all the time? Find a new place to go and take him. Ok and she thinks a park will show him more about her? A park she went with her ex all the time.....SMH Vulnerable this early? Girl is been a damn month and you married him!!! I do say this is the first time they have shown her be a little more open about shit but still...there is so nothing there. *rollingeyes* over that whole letter and burning it. So she is going to write it and burn it to "let go" of her issues. PLEASE!!! OMG STOP STOP STOP saying romantical. UGH Which memo to Danielle its not "romantical" to talk about your letter burning and exs/past. Seriously another did they or didn't they? Please just don't at all. LOL 

Something stupid but the kitchen faucet at the rental of Cody and Danielle's is what we just stuck on our kitchen sink. LOL 

I knew there was no frickin way Ashley had just walked out on them. Another one of those stupid ass fake producer driven drama to look like one thing when it wasn't. What Ashley said in that scene I say to the producers of the show. I am glad she didn't and showed she was going to put that issue aside and make her sister deal with it as she should. I like Anthony's sense of humor. I think once she starts learns more of where his humor is in things and knows him better she will stop with the questioning certain things. Someone needs to tell Ashley that trying to plan to have a kid can backfire because of the stressing on it happening. Its the times that you just don't even consider you are trying that it happens. I had my last one at 32. I said no kids after I hit 35. If she gives it a year or 2 and things are good I would bet he would have no issues with starting to try or shortly after that time frame. I do get the wanting to know where one would end up after the 8 weeks though. Especially being a planner. I hate the unknown in certain things but obviously they don't want us to see that kind of talking between them or it might give things away on the end. LMAO at the teeth thing. 

Agree that Anthony's sister has to have been on something or just to much drinking. Her movements and the way she talked and such....I think I rather deal with Ashely's sister though after seeing his. LOL Yet I do wonder how much is producer driven and how much was real? I think she is really good at not reading people but hitting the bottle or something. A good reason your bro there didn't bring anyone home to meet her....YIKES!! I am feeling like this is an unhealthy relationship right there. 

Nate...grow the hell up already. Sorry Sheila you are on a tv show so you sometimes have to have that conversation on camera. To bad....if she is worried about what people think she shouldn't have first done this damn show and second talked about her orgasm issues. The only reason the conversation shouldn't go on right then was he needed to sober up. Did he compare his clubbing thing to her having a guy friend? If so he needs to get a clue it is by far not the same thing at all. I can't stand Nate at all still. I do like his grandparents though and it makes me miss having mine around. WOW to Nate's mom getting all pissing on the "crack chicken" thing. Lighten up lady. Ok I would stay in a hotel as well if I was her. So not staying in an awkward place. If his mom was just a little nicer to Sheila I would bet she would have no issues staying there. Of course I got that crap one time from my own mom. We were suppose to go visit when our boys were little and ended up not making it but that is another story. Yet I told her before we were going that we would be staying at a hotel. She had a cow over it. Yet its not a healthy relationship and I need those moments I can leave to some place else and breath. Heck she got pissy when I said she couldn't stay in our place years ago and that I would find them a hotel so they never came because of that. OMG it seems that trying to get to know Nate's mom and family was just a whole lot of awkward. Not sure why bringing up Nate's dad calling would be a good idea either. Maybe she should have called his mom to extend a hand. 

OMG more previews of "drama". The worse seems to be Nate and Sheila but as other ones have been it can all be very misleading as usual. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ramble said:

Danielle didn't want to be married she wanted free therapy and a chance to work through her issues with her previous relationships. Specifically getting the chance to mention Chester McCheaty cheating on her multiple times on TV. Burn your Dear John letter on your own time and let people who are willing to try to convince themselves that they want to marry a stranger on TV do the drama dance for us. 

This makes total sense. 

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

One reason I love closed captions.  But I could understand Nate's granddad though, I mean it sounded like he was speaking English to me.

Yup, he just has a strong southern accent.

• Love 4

Damn, I got myself all worked up last week over nothing! Ashley never left the bar, she handled the work crisis situation really well. A lot of you predicted that right! I actually found myself not hating Ash last night. She sure is obsessed with Anthony's perfect teeth. 

Anthony's sister reminded me of Ashley's sister. Both sissies need to back off. 

Anybody else notice how animated, excited and full of smiles Danielle was when she was talking to Pastor whatshisname? She is never like that with Cody. With him, she is as dull and lifeless as she can be. She's just not in to him. I had to laugh at Cody sitting with his hands folded in his lap like a little old lady when Danielle was sitting right next to him.  The camera emphasized that several times. He really is a nerd. Too bad, too. He really is a nice looking guy but has no sex appeal at all. 

• Love 2