Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Intimacy

• Start Topic

Just two weeks ago, the newlyweds were complete strangers, but now they're living together as married couples.

Later, relationship expert Rachel DeAlto pays each couple a visit to help them tackle issues surrounding emotional and physical intimacy.

3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I loved how Ashley's Dad told Anthony he got the calm one! Just to listen to them vent and nod. Not bad advice. 

I agree. When I vent I want my husband to just listen and nod and agree. It's not that I need things solved. 

I like Ashley and Anthony. They are cute. The gift she got was really sweet. 

• Love 9

Anthony should be talking bro-to-bro with Pat, Ashley's Bro in law.

Pat's been in the trenches with a Petta daughter, the in laws, the whole family dynamic.

He can tell Anthony what's it really like to be an out-law to the Petta tribe.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I am tired of hearing Cody and Danielle talk about not having sex.  Staaaahhhhhp!!

If they aren't into each other, I just wouldn't have sex. Like if I thought I was going to get a divorce, I'd be like yea no. Maybe that's what Danielle is doing?

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

The way Nate talks skeeves me out , just how sly and theres always a sensual undertone with his breathy way he speaks and whatnot. Don't like him. 

I don't get this comment, but what I do think is that these people are always ON, like how Ashley is always make up with perfect hair.  Since this is a show, the people on it are aware that this is a SHOW and they have to show something, some personality.  To me, Nate always seems "on," and I don't know if that's just him, or if he's like that because he knows it's good TV.  BTW, this episode seems kind of boring to me.

And I don't get what Ashley just said, what is a problem to her?  I think these experts do more harm than good.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13

Why is this "expert" (Rachel?) causing issues when there are none. Like why even mention that to Ashley? I'm a bit paranoid and probably would be thinking just like Ashley is right now, to be honest. It's like she planted a little seed in her head just for drama. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Dear Rachel, they don't have to "dig beneath the surface" just yet.  They've only been married three weeks.  Goodness woman, chill the fuck out.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 21
Just now, Neurochick said:

Dear Rachel, they don't have to "dig beneath the surface" just yet.  They've only been married three weeks.  Goodness woman, chill the fuck out.

She's a bit ridiculous. Why isn't she harder on the people who actually need it? I guess it's a show and the need drama. 

• Love 4

What could Ashley be referring to that makes her want to cry?  Does she want a baby pronto, or is it about the last name change.  And why the big secret about it?  I don't get it.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, JAndy said:

She's a bit ridiculous. Why isn't she harder on the people who actually need it? I guess it's a show and the need drama. 

I think that's the problem, none of the couples really need her advice at this point, and if there aren't problems then there isn't drama and for them drama=ratings.

Cody and Danielle acted like brother and sister on that "date."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

This episode was a snoozefest. Danielle and Cody act like they are couple just meeting for the first time instead of man and wife. Just have sex already! So tired of them talking about it! 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What could Ashley be referring to that makes her want to cry?  Does she want a baby pronto, or is it about the last name change.  And why the big secret about it?  I don't get it.

I thought it was that she's a burden on Anthony for asking his help on things? Or something like that. I dunno. It was weird. 

On the whole last name thing, I didn't change my last name yet, but when we had our daughter there was no question about her getting my husband's last name. Maybe they do something like that? She hyphenates and if they do have kids, they take his name? 

Edited by JAndy
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Why is this "expert" (Rachel?) causing issues when there are none. Like why even mention that to Ashley? I'm a bit paranoid and probably would be thinking just like Ashley is right now, to be honest. It's like she planted a little seed in her head just for drama. 

Just now, Neurochick said:

I think that's the problem, none of the couples really need her advice at this point, and if there aren't problems then there isn't drama and for them drama=ratings.

BINGO!! So put the seed in place and see what problems can come from it because they can't have a couple get along to well now can they? SMH

9 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Because its the only way the "experts" could keep those people around. Make them think they just need to work harder and everything will fall into place instead of actually giving it to the ones that need it. Or they will plant the seed of doubt or whatever to create drama where there is none. The "experts" could care less about these people. Which is just sad because they are playing with their minds and lives. 

1 minute ago, JAndy said:

I thought it was that she's a burden on Anthony for asking his help on things? Or something like that. I dunno. It was weird. 

On the whole last name thing, I didn't change my last name yet, but when we had our daughter there was no question about him getting his last name. Maybe they do something like that? She hyphenates and if they do have kids, they take his name? 

I guess according to rachel if a spouse asks for help with things they are a burden...I don't get this for a couple more hours here so just reading along. Which if this is the case though then I guess I must really be a big huge burden on my husband. I can bet if the husband asks for help though its not a burden in rachel's eyes. Sorry but the fact Ashley feels she can depend on Anthony like that should be a good thing and not a bad thing. So stupid. 

The last name thing totally can be figured out later on for sure. Either I still think that was a producer driven issue since they had none at that point really. I know like I said before the kids all have my last name. Had one son when I bet husband and he wanted our kids to all have the same last name so they have mine. IF anyone was to change a last name in our house it would have to be him to mine at this point. LOL 

• Love 2
(edited)

Cody had sex every day before being chosen for the show???  Haha, that surprises me.  He doesn't seem to have that much initiative, lol!  Now Danielle is saying she didn't feel it that much with Cody from the beginning but wait, if I recall she's the one who kept saying she wanted him to makes the moves in her.  Neither are being very real with the other.  Here's what they should say:

Cody:  Has it been 8 weeks yet?

Danielle:  Ugh, no.  Still 6 weeks left.

Cody:  Shit.

Danielle:  Yeah, I know.

Ashley's dad was trying to be all macho in his chat with Anthony and I felt embarrassed for him.  He sounded so old school!  But he did have one thing correct...sometimes women just need to talk about things and have the man just listen without trying to fix everything or tell us what we need to do to fix things.  For me, a lot of the time just talking about a problem is enough.

Nate was awesome the way he handled Sheila's dad!  He's only 25???!!  Wow, Cody's 26 and doesn't show half Nate's maturity.  I lol'd during Nate's basketball game with his friends.  And during golf with Sheila.  He's not always overly competitive after all... sometimes he's pretty funny!

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

Cody had sex every day before being chosen for the show???  Haha, that surprises me.  He doesn't seem to have that much initiative, lol!  Now Danielle is saying she didn't feel it that much with Cody from the beginning but wait, if I recall she's the one who kept saying she wanted him to makes the moves in her.  Neither are being very real with the other.  Here's what they should say:

Cody:  Has it been 8 weeks yet?

Danielle:  Ugh, no.  Still 6 weeks left.

Cody:  Shit.

Danielle:  Yeah, I know.

Episode starts soon here but I saw that with Cody saying that. I am sure he didn't every day but whatever. Like I said there is so much we don't see that its hard to say he is at fault for things. Especially when you have her saying in THs she wants sex but yet not giving off vibes, hints or wearing things to say she is up for it but then she says she didn't feel it much with him anyway. Make up your mind! Either way I think they both may have realized they just aren't clicking but haven't said it to each other and instead act like they are still trying. Either way they are both to blame in nothing moving forward or happening IMO. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Tell us...Did Danielle and Cody finally have sexy time?

My money is on "no."  She wants to be turned on and excited.  I think it might have been better for them to have had dinner, then to have gone somewhere to laugh, drink, dance, and go home hot and sweaty. 

Ashley/Anthony none if this is coming out of left field ftom a show perspective. We already commenting how extra and needy Ashley can come off in the honeymoon with her freak out about no a.c. in the room and getting iced down and all that. It's that the show hasn't highlighted this since then. And it's not, in theory, about asking or needing help. It's about coming off as needy or a lot to handle in general. Basically Ashleys sister. This may have been an issue in previous relationships and she's worried about now. Even if it isn't really. 

• Love 1

The gift Ashley gave him was sweet. LOL My husband and are were laughing at Anthony in the nail shop. Love it and how much he would do it again here and there. They are cute together...so stupid butting in you stupid producers and crackpot "experts". Ashley was sooooo correct in them not needing help. rachel is such a damn liar in wanting it to be great...if that was true she wouldn't start with her planting seeds of doubt in Ashley's head. Considering they are just in the next room when the other is talking I can't imagine they didn't hear each other talk. rachel totally takes what Ashley says and twists it around. I would have been upset too and told her off for that. 

EEEWWWWW when rachel talks about sex. She just grosses me out. The whole calling it chocolate thing. UGH. So now back to Sheila's orgasm issue. And seriously did rachel say it was because she needed to trust Nate and then she would have an orgasm? SMH Surprised she didn't direct them all in what needed to be done.

So Danielle hasn't really felt it from the get go it sounds like. She just figured she would try and of course rachel is there to tell her how much she needs to give it time. Gee its no wonder nothing has happened between them. Really its better that way if she isn't feeling it. Either way it seems they both have different reasons for it not happening and to blame for the relationship not going forward more. 

This episode just show how irresponsible the "experts" are and how little they give a crap about these couples making it. 

• Love 7

So Code Man having "fun" sex EVERY  NIGHT up until the day he was cast for the show.

Believable he had a good time girl or should we be talking to his right hand?

Danielle was smart to wait until Cody's full course of antibiotics for his STDs has killed all the bad bugs from his constant sexual encounters.

He has decided to revirginized himself by abstaining until he has unfun sex with his wife?

What is up with Cody's golfing buddy with one black shoe and one white shoe?

Cody can't golf for sh!t, almost as embarrassing as not banging his wife after 3 weeks.

Was Cody's belt at dansing (yes, I noticed the Danse on the door of the studio) a rag torn from a bedsheet?

Get a leather belt, bro.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

So Code Man having "fun" sex EVERY  NIGHT up until the day he was cast for the show.

Believable he had a good time girl or should we be talking to his right hand?

Oh please, any guy that says that is FOS.  He's like the 40 year old virgin who tells his buddies that a breast feels like a bag of sand.

His good time girl's name is Rosie Palmer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Was bummed that I missed it and forgot to TIVO.  Until I read this thread!

There is no Spoiler. I just can't figure out how to delete the Spoiler box!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by LennieBriscoe
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I got the feeling that she was worried that Anthony was talking about her and having to 'handle' her high-strung self. She admitted that she likes to be in control (read: controlling) and that it's hard for her to not be in control, now that she's married. I'm not a big fan of her. She's too caught up in appearances, even if she is the cute blonde Barbie doll this season. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I got the feeling that she was worried that Anthony was talking about her and having to 'handle' her high-strung self. She admitted that she likes to be in control (read: controlling) and that it's hard for her to not be in control, now that she's married. I'm not a big fan of her. She's too caught up in appearances, even if she is the cute blonde Barbie doll this season. 

I think that speaks of her insecurities. Why is she so insecure? Her sister Lauren who is always jumping into her business. This MAFS might have been the best thing that ever happened to her. It didn't leave her sister time to sow the seeds of doubt which is why I'm sure that she never made it to the alter in the first place. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Sheila wants a husband who doesn't feel the need to go to the clubs a couple times a week.

N8 wants his wife to trust him with other women at the club.

Were they in the same conversation? They were at the same brunch...

Duhons been hitting the sheets hard for 3 weeks...still no orgasm for Sheila...wow, that girl holds a grudge.

Think her lack of orgasm will erode the foundation of their marriage because it symbolizes Sheila's inability to trust N8 100%.

Sheila cannot lower her walls and inhibitions to allow toe curling sex.

N8 getting frustrated that his queen doesn't trust him enough to have an orgasm...

N8... starts with you staying OUT of the clubs...

• Love 3

I'm with Sheila on the club thing. It would turn me off if my husband still wanted to go clubbing after we were married because I see that as a young mentality, but to each their own. Some people just enjoy that life.

I just think at this point Danielle and Cody are counting down the days. I don't think either one is a bad person and I think both could find happiness with someone else, I just think it's a case of "when you know you know", except they "knew" off the bat that they weren't into each other romantically. In this experiment, I feel like when they wait too long to have sex, the chemistry is hard to bring back . If they were both into it from the beginning, they would have done it during their honeymoon.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Sheila wants a husband who doesn't feel the need to go to the clubs a couple times a week.

N8 wants his wife to trust him with other women at the club.

This is where the age thing becomes a problem. N8 is 26. He's young. He still wants to go to the club with his buds. He doesn't need to be married yet. Sheila is 30. She's done with all that. Sheila should have been matched with a guy that was 35ish, has been there and done that, and is really ready to settle down. Epic fail, matchmakers, or coaches or whatever the hell they call themselves. 

Ashley- I haven't made up my mind about her yet but I get the feeling she has a lot of emotional issues underneath the barbie exterior. Something is just not right with her and I can't put my finger on it. She said last night she didn't want to cry in front of the camera and I think Anthony is very aware of what he says in front of the camera, too. I think Anthony see's red flags but doesn't want to talk about it in front of the world. 

Danielle and Cody- Danielle kept saying the date and the dancing was sexy. She's ripe and ready, Cody- make your move! Maybe a couple more strong drinks to loosen up would have sealed the deal. I guess we will find out next week if in fact the deal was sealed! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm with Sheila on the club thing. It would turn me off if my husband still wanted to go clubbing after we were married because I see that as a young mentality, but to each their own. Some people just enjoy that life.

I just think at this point Danielle and Cody are counting down the days. I don't think either one is a bad person and I think both could find happiness with someone else, I just think it's a case of "when you know you know", except they "knew" off the bat that they weren't into each other romantically. In this experiment, I feel like when they wait too long to have sex, the chemistry is hard to bring back . If they were both into it from the beginning, they would have done it during their honeymoon.

The second he was talking about other women/clubbing should be a big red flag her way. So he can't take his wife out with him to those places? Which we all know the reason he can't but she better be side eyeing him after all that. I know I haven't felt he was right from the beginning. He was picked knowing there would come issues with it. So the "experts" screw Sheila over in matching her with this guy who rather go clubbing and be with other girls. SMH

With Cody and Danielle, agree that neither are bad people. They can't help what the "experts" decide on matches. Yet I don't think there was chemistry at all on her part with Cody. She has said to many things now about it that follow back to that day. She sounds like she was thought she could try but she still at this point isn't feeling it....so she is leading us to believe.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

This is where the age thing becomes a problem. N8 is 26. He's young. He still wants to go to the club with his buds. He doesn't need to be married yet. Sheila is 30. She's done with all that. Sheila should have been matched with a guy that was 35ish, has been there and done that, and is really ready to settle down. Epic fail, matchmakers, or coaches or whatever the hell they call themselves. 

Ashley- I haven't made up my mind about her yet but I get the feeling she has a lot of emotional issues underneath the barbie exterior. Something is just not right with her and I can't put my finger on it. She said last night she didn't want to cry in front of the camera and I think Anthony is very aware of what he says in front of the camera, too. I think Anthony see's red flags but doesn't want to talk about it in front of the world. 

Danielle and Cody- Danielle kept saying the date and the dancing was sexy. She's ripe and ready, Cody- make your move! Maybe a couple more strong drinks to loosen up would have sealed the deal. I guess we will find out next week if in fact the deal was sealed! 

Agree on the age issue. "experts" are matching this way on purpose though, sadly, instead of matching her with a mature man that is over that scene and ready to settle down with a nice lady looking for the same.

I don't know if Anthony sees red flags. I think he may be one that rather not "air" things out for all to judge on and see. I can see them doing most of it in private when the cameras and crew are gone. I actually thought he looked a little mad when Ashley was talking about what happened with rachel. Which honestly they both should be. rachel stuck doubt into Ashley's head and played upon her fears right away because things were "going so well". I have been disgusted by the so called "experts" behaviors in the past but this shows even more how horrible they are and they do not give a crap about what happens to these people/couples. Plus they could be worried about the way they will be edited in the show so they are trying to keep certain things off camera. Which I don't blame them for if that is the case. 

Not buying Danielle thought his dancing was sexy. She said not long before that to rachel how she wasn't feeling it with Cody. Yet now we are suppose to believe she is good for the taking after the dancing and dinner? I wouldn't be surprised though if they did the deed after all that so she could "give it a try".

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 5

I agree that the "experts" are just searching for drama even when there is none. When Ashley said things were going really well, Rachel should have said.. "that's great i'm so happy to hear that. If you ever have anything you need to talk about, feel free." But instead she tried creating drama and putting doubt in her head. 

• Love 11
(edited)

lisadone- a twist on your #

#keepingItPetta

referring to Ash's feminist stance to keep her and give her baby her last name

Ash... if Anthony goes away you can have plenty babies with your name as a single mom

Edited by humbleopinion
clarity
  • Love 5

I actually like it when the couples are getting along and are having fun together. Heck, I'm still hoping things work out for Danielle and Cody. It did seem there was a "spark" after their date so who knows?

• Love 5
(edited)

Think the date was going well at the Danse studio(Cody moved like the Tin Man needing oil)  and during dinner...

Then Cody said something about going home and to bed...

Bet Danielle's vajayjay involuntarily retracted...natural reaction from 3 weeks of rejecting Cody's  weenus

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2

When Ashley grunted and said that the Rachel meeting wasn't going the way she expected - She's officially the cutest girl I've ever seen.  She'd take my last name and I'd already have her pregnant.

Sheila hasn't had an orgasm even by herself?  She's got some deep-seated sexual dysfunction.  Whatever sex drive she's faking right now will disappear in a few months.

Danielle looks old.  I can't imagine Cody would be able to even fake interest in her and that man-jaw. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

When Ashley grunted and said that the Rachel meeting wasn't going the way she expected - She's officially the cutest girl I've ever seen.  She'd take my last name and I'd already have her pregnant.

That's what gets you going?  SMH...I'll never understand that.  

• Love 4