Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E30: Ray Of Hope

• Start Topic

I just...I cannot believe what a bitch Kelly is being.  What has Valerie done to her - made some catty remarks, slept with some of her ex-boyfriends?  For that it's okay for Kelly to abet a felon and let Val go bankrupt?  Shut up Kelly.

And shut up, Brandon.  If Kelly wants to do a bump and bring Coke!Kelly back into our lives, let us have that!

I assume this Ray redemption storyline was a request from Jamie Walters so people would stop coming to his shows and booing him for pushing Donna down the stairs.  And I'm sad to report that we do see Ray again, at least once.

• Love 6

I'm all for second chances, but if someone had stalked and beat up one of my friends and was now reformed, I would've been more like "good for you and I'm happy that you won't hit any more women, but you'll have to go away and not be second chancing around us anymore." Brandon's attitude is so off, especially considering that Ray wasn't exactly an old friend.

And Kelly, go f yourself. I hate you.

• Love 4

And Donna-ld's boobs still look better than Tori's......

I'm not sure what that actress (Wendy/Hermione) did to her face, but she is completely unrecognizable.  The only things that looks the same are her eyes and lips, which I'm surprised she didn't plump.

And Donna-ld's boobs still look better than Tori's......

I'm not sure what that actress (Wendy/Hermione) did to her face, but she is completely unrecognizable.  The only things that looks the same are her eyes and lips, which I'm surprised she didn't plump.

I actually think that the bangs are a big part of what is making her look so different, especially because they hide her eyebrows. She maybe did something to her cheekbones? But it could also just be that her face is a lot thinner now .

I remember Marisol Nichols as the chick Will Tippin meets at AA (and of course ends up being a spy) on Alias. And as Audrey Griswold in Vegas Vacation. She really has made a good career out of playing those, "I recognize her from somewhere..." type roles.
I can honestly say that I don't recall ANYONE wearing their hair like Donna does in any of her multiple photos here. Especially the second to last one with the yellow top. Ok, maybe the beach do is realistic.

You've probably looked it up already (or you don't care!) but Beaver Falls, PA is real (west side of the state, close to the Ohio border, just north of Pittsburgh) and is mostly known for being the hometown of Joe Namath. Or so my dad tells me, every time we drive through it.

1 hour ago, WoodyCee said:

Pretty sure the scene of Donna breaking up with Joe was Tori's Emmy reel.

I always laughed at the scene where her and Joe broke up because the acting wasn't just bad, it was SOOOOO bad. I hate Kelly's character but I will say I do think I believed every emotion that she acted throughout the course of the show. Tori on the other hand just needs to stick to getting repeat terrible boob jobs.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't believe this (interminable, boring) season has more than 30 episodes. I thought this was the finale episode.

I think Val and Kelly's adversarial relationship could have been fun if they had let Val win some and Kelly win some. Instead it was Kelly winning all the time and it's not fun to watch one person lose over and over again.

Colin's fake money will work once he gets better at drawing ears.

Titus fake money.JPG

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Love 3

I don't know why I know this, but Tori Spelling guest starred on her father's show "Vega$" back when she was a kid. And that show wasn't really the type that was in reruns still in the 90s. They should have gone with "Charlie's Angels."

• Love 1

I remember Marisol Nichols as the chick Will Tippin meets at AA (and of course ends up being a spy) on Alias. And as Audrey Griswold in Vegas Vacation. She really has made a good career out of playing those, "I recognize her from somewhere..." type roles.
I can honestly say that I don't recall ANYONE wearing their hair like Donna does in any of her multiple photos here. Especially the second to last one with the yellow top. Ok, maybe the beach do is realistic.

I might have yelled, "THAT'S who that is??" in my car...to me. Holy cow. I also remember her from a random TV movie with Mark-Paul Gosselear.

I just assumed when Dave announced it was episode 30 that it was the season finale. Apparently its not?? What was the reasoning for SO many episodes? No wonder this season is so boring.

7 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

I think Val and Kelly's adversarial relationship could have been fun if they had let Val win some and Kelly win some. Instead it was Kelly winning all the time and it's not fun to watch one person lose over and over again.

This!  And there were so many times when Val should have won, but Kelly had to be the perfect, always right, heroine.  Blech!  Could you imagine the look on Kelly's face if Val and Brandon had slept together and Val just casually dropped that as she was making dinner or walking out the door? 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Colin's fake money will work once he gets better at drawing ears.

I laughed so hard at this. Thank you!

I've thought long and hard about this issue every episode. and it was never the right time to bring it up on the forums, but here I go. The characterization of Brandon, abusieiveish boyfriend, all-around asshole, savior of the world, solver of squashable beefs, flat-loathing-faced cockknuckle...how much of the it is the writing and how much the acting, or directing? I often imagine the lines he's given being read by someone who doesn't make them assholic--it can be done. Until it can't, like in this endless season. I think it was Priestly bringing that shading to the character for the first few seasons and ever after the writers turned him into such an inexplicable superstar/fucking dillhole that the characterization was not only inescapable, but made nth-power more horrific by Priestly.  And he was so good in Gods and Monsters! But I'm still torn. Where do you stand, AWT stalwarts? Jason Priestly or the writers of Brandon's character? I need this solved so I can get some sleep and start full-time worrying about what's going on in the new Twin Peaks.

Edited by Silly Angel
  • Love 2

I think a lot of it was terrible writing, him just trying to make something out of a bland character and somehow just made it worse, and pretty bad directing. Jason has been good in other roles (comparing) and I do love him in 'Call Me Fitz'.

Considering how bad the Brandon character is, he is more bearable than Colin, Kelly, and Donna. 

It's a shame that no one cared about how awful Kelly was being about Colin in these episodes.  Brandon stepped in and convinced her to help out but even he never picked up on the fact that Kelly: 1) should have called the police after Colin showed up without any prompting, 2) should already know that Nat would be affected since she was part of the initial launch of the club, 3) realize that her hatred of Val isn't a good reason to let the club go under.  It shows how little she cares about anyone but herself.  She doesn't care that Nat might lose his livelihood because of Colin, she doesn't care that the club she enjoys will probably close (bounty hunter guy wasn't interested in running it so I imagine he'd just sell it off to someone who would turn it into something Kelly wouldn't approve of), nor does she care that Colin committed a crime and refuses to pay his debt to society.  All she cares about is that Colin still worships her and was leading Val on.  I agree that Val should have been allowed to win once in a while, though I do think that she won overall.  Kelly ended up with Dylan who dumped her ass after knocking her up.  Val ended up with an unknown* guy who knows everything she did and still accepted her.  The CW series never mentions Val but that allows us to imagine that she's still with the guy, has the kind of relationship with Abby she always wanted, and is kicking ass on the Buffalo business scene.  Val wins.

*Not knowing his name means he can be Tom so headcanon accepted.

• Love 5
On 5/30/2017 at 4:18 PM, scrubs14 said:

I just assumed when Dave announced it was episode 30 that it was the season finale. Apparently its not?? What was the reasoning for SO many episodes? No wonder this season is so boring.

TV seasons played almost in real time back then- so Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc. episodes were concurrent with the time of year. I think the standard season was 26 episodes? Also, there were just fewer shows being produced overall. I'm sure there are TV historians here who can better explain.

Definitely 26 episode back then.  I don't know why they were still doing more than 30, considering they had stopped doing summer episodes at this point.  I do remember a commercial at the start of the sixth season of 90210 (this season obviously) where they announced there would be no reruns. 

When I was listening to this, all I could think of was what a low-rent whore Collin is.  He basically uses any women he can for money.  The first thing he says to Kelly is how he loves her which implies that he needs her help.  Kelly should have seen that this love declaration was totally fake vs. gloating over Val. 

I can't even deal later on when Val gets scammed by Parker Lewis.  I really wish they had something where Val and Bill Taylor hooked up... think how delicious that would be. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

I really wish they had something where Val and Bill Taylor hooked up... think how delicious that would be. 

Yes!  And Val could be all like, "Call me ma," to Kelly, or whatever sexy, young stepmom's say to their new stepchildren who are the same age.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Yes!  And Val could be all like, "Call me ma," to Kelly, or whatever sexy, young stepmom's say to their new stepchildren who are the same age.

This is SO off topic, but recently I became obsessed with the whole Billy Joel/Katie Lee marriage.  I love watching her on FoodTV and am always amazed that she married (and divorced) Joel YEARS ago.  She was just out of college and just a few years older that Joel's daughter.  Ewww...

But Val and Bill Taylor- all the daddy issues both women have. Take that 4 semesters of AB PYSCH. 

• Love 2