Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

I don't think Cersei is going to die before she meets Jaime, Tyrion or both again.

Agreed. No way is D&D passing up a final confrontation between Cersei and her siblings. I still think that Jaime strangles her.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, TarotQueen said:

The show has been clear that the NK is compelled by Jon Snow.  

Because he’s The Hero, and the main villain will always stare at that guy.  Also, the Night King saw him kill a White Walker.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Agreed. No way is D&D passing up a final confrontation between Cersei and her siblings. I still think that Jaime strangles her.

This show isn't in my wheelhouse, but does Cersei stabs Tyrion, Jaime strangles Cersei, The Mountain cleaves Jaime, and The Hound gets his revenge on The Mountain make any sense? I could see the complete destruction of the House of Lannister as being dramatically logical.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Bannon said:

This show isn't in my wheelhouse, but does Cersei stabs Tyrion, Jaime strangles Cersei, The Mountain cleaves Jaime, and The Hound gets his revenge on The Mountain make any sense? I could see the complete destruction of the House of Lannister as being dramatically logical.

I love your scenario. It isn't far from mine. I think that finally accepting that she is irredeemable, Jaime strangles Cersei, the Mountain fatally wounds him, and then The Hound and Mountain fight and kill each other. I have Tyrion surviving because he is the one of the five characters that Martin said would survive in his original outline, but Cersei could stab him a little enraging Jaime who strangles her.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

Nik just posted a picture of himself and Gwen on his instagram and it's tagged Belfast. Looks like they are still filming. TBTWP get hype!!!

NCW and Gwen are so adorable! I hope we get plenty of NCW/Gwen joint interviews for S8 promotion.

...This is supposed to be NCW’s last week of filming, and given the considerable overlap between NCW and Gwen’s filming so far, it seems very likely that Gwen is filming, too. Maybe they both finish filming this Friday?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I love your scenario. It isn't far from mine. I think that finally accepting that she is irredeemable, Jaime strangles Cersei, the Mountain fatally wounds him, and then The Hound and Mountain fight and kill each other. I have Tyrion surviving because he is the one of the five characters that Martin said would survive in his original outline, but Cersei could stab him a little enraging Jaime who strangles her.

Ah, that would make sense as well, especially since Tyrion and The Hound have a....well, not friendship, but at least a mutually respectful cynicism, with regard to Lannisters and Clegeanes.

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

As long as Cersei having The Mountain kill Brienne isn't what enrages Jaime (and The Hound, since he and Brienne have a respect for each other and bonded over Arya). It's one of the things I'm most afraid of for S8.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

As long as Cersei having The Mountain kill Brienne isn't what enrages Jaime (and The Hound, since he and Brienne have a respect for each other and bonded over Arya). It's one of the things I'm most afraid of for S8.

I don't think that Brienne will die. It feels like she has a future, while Jaime is at the end of his life. So how about this scenario? Brienne discovers Jaime dead or dying as The Mountain is about to impale her, The Hound rushes in to protect Brienne who watches as he and his brother hack each other to death. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, nikma said:

I don't think that both Brienne and Jaime are going to die. 

I don't think Brienne is going to die, although I remember GRRM saying at one point that Brienne isn't safe (...maybe because it's too obvious that she lives and he wants the fans to be in doubt, I dunno). At the very least, she's going to outlive Jaime, if Jaime's AFFC dream/vision where he's informed that once the light in his sword goes out he'll die, the light goes out, and Brienne's continues to burn is any indication.

Architectural Digest made the following claims about Season 8 Dubrovnik filming, as the cast and crew stayed at the Excelsior Hotel while filming there:

1. Emilia and Kit as well as other cast members stayed at the Excelsior Hotel while filming. (It was known that Kit and Lena were in Dubrovnik, but Emilia?)

2. There were cast and crew members who stayed at other hotels (the Villa Orsula and Villa Scheherazade), suggesting there were multiple cast members other than Kit, Emilia and Lena.

3. Emilia's final scenes were wrapped in Dubrovnik. Here's the quote on that last bit:

But for anyone who can't make it to Croatia before the final season of Game of Thrones, you'll just have to make do with the cover story of Emilia Clarke—or Daenerys Targaryen—from Vanity Fair this month. While the actress didn't reveal an abundance of spoilers, she did describe a handful of love scenes with her onscreen romance, Jon Snow (Kit Harrington), and that her character's final scenes were wrapped. We just happen to know that was in Dubrovnik.

If #3 is right...that probably means that Dany lives after all.

It also seems confirmed that scenes from more than one episode were filmed in Croatia, since Nutter was there, and whatever Emilia filmed if it was her last scene is probably from the last episode. However, we knew that, since the only set pics were of Lena and Kit shooting in the tower, and they set up canopies and stuff around the pier, down from the restaurant where they've filmed other KL scenes.

Maybe Dany's last scene in the show is seeing someone off as they leave King's Landing...?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I don't think Brienne is going to die, although I remember GRRM saying at one point that Brienne isn't safe (...maybe because it's too obvious that she lives and he wants the fans to be in doubt, I dunno). At the very least, she's going to outlive Jaime, if Jaime's AFFC dream/vision where he's informed that once the light in his sword goes out he'll die, the light goes out, and Brienne's continues to burn is any indication.

I don't think it was specified as Jaime's light going out, just 'the light'. That Brienne's sword keeps burning could imply that Brienne saves Jaime's life. 

I think it would be a shame for Jaime to die. His struggle facing a post world war would be fascinating. Serving against the White Walkers could potentially bring Jaime to legally be pardoned for his crimes. Seeing him facing a future where he is despised by many and most of his family is dead, yet at the same time being able to be with the woman he loves would be an interesting ending. Just killing him off would be easy. It's the same with all characters on redemption arcs. They die heroically so that their fans could feel somewhat content, but they don't risk anyone's ire by having a morally dubious character live where whiter characters die. 

That GRRM said that he wanted to explore whether redemption was possible and can acts such as attempted child murder be forgiven makes me think it would be more effective for Jaime to live. People are used to death and horror in Game of Thrones; including towards generally moral characters, a happy ending is almost more startling. If GRRM wants people to question whether or not Jaime can be forgiven, I think he would do so most effectively by giving Jaime some hope for the future and leave the audience asking themselves if he deserved it.

Plus, Brienne totally deserves happiness and so Jaime will just have to live for that to happen.

• Love 2
(edited)

I still think that the story ends with Targeryans back in power, with Jon and Dany ruling together. No matter what some actors said for me it still makes the most sense for the show judging all hints we got from S7. 

I think some characters people care about will die(Tormund, Jorah, dragons, direwolves, Hound, Theon, Jaime, Beric, Varys,...) and charactres people hate will aslo die (Cersei, Euron, Gregor,...) so it has potential to be very good season with roller coaster of emotions and some good surprises(third plot twist and so on), but no, it won't be that surprising and "trope subverting". 

Arya and Gendry will form a relationship. I think Tyrion and Sansa is also possible. Some love stories will be tragic, like Jaime and Brienne's. Maybe even Missandei and Grey Worm's. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

I don't think it was specified as Jaime's light going out, just 'the light'. That Brienne's sword keeps burning could imply that Brienne saves Jaime's life. 

The dream explicitly ties the extinction of the flames on Jaime's sword to his death, and "ghosts came rushing in" part makes it even more obvious:

"The flames will burn so long as you live," he heard Cersei call. "When they die, so must you."

The fires that ran along the blade were guttering out, and Jaime remembered what Cersei had said. No. Terror closed a hand about his throat. Then his sword went dark, and only Brienne's burned, as the ghosts came rushing in.
"No," he said, "no, no, no. Nooooooooo!"

I don't see any other way to interpret it as Jaime dying and being survived by Brienne. It's right up there with Theon's ACOK dream of Robb bleeding from multiple wounds.

1 minute ago, nikma said:

I still think that the story ends with Targeryans back in power, with Jon and Dany ruling together. No matter what some actors said for me it still makes the most sense for the show judging all hints we got from S7. I think some characters people care about will die(Tormund, Jorah, dragons, direwolves, Hound, Theon, Jaime, Beric, Varys,...) and charactres people hate will aslo die (Cersei, Euron, Gregor,...)

That's pretty much my death list, too, if you throw in Melisandre and Pod.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, nikma said:

I don't think that both Brienne and Jaime are going to die. 

I don't want either of them to die. I made my peace with the fact that Jaime probably will. Brienne's death would gut me but there are two things that could enrage Jaime imo 1) Cersei about to burn the city like Aerys did (thinking of Olenna's words about Jaime regretting to spread the disease that is Cersei) 2) Cersei hurting Brienne. He knows that Cersei hates Tyrion, he knows she wants Tyrion dead so I don't think it would have the horrified surprise factor which could get Jaime to murder his literal other half.

19 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

That GRRM said that he wanted to explore whether redemption was possible and can acts such as attempted child murder be forgiven makes me think it would be more effective for Jaime to live.

That's why I was certain he'd be safe until the last season or at least until "Lions and Wolfs" fight side by side. Tyrion not being primarily a fighter and the black sheep of the family, the Lannister fighting against the AotD with the Starks had to be Jaime. And his redemption is still my only hope of survival for him. I know the killing intent was the same, but if a child murderer who saw the errors of their way has to die, make it Melisandre rather than Jaime or even Theon (for my adorable Shireen and my Davos' broken heart.)

23 minutes ago, nikma said:

I think some characters people care about will die(Tormund, Jorah, dragons, direwolves, Hound, Theon, Jaime, Beric, Varys,...) and charactres people hate will aslo die (Cersei, Euron, Gregor,...) so it has potential to be very good season with roller coaster of emotions and some good surprises(third plot twist and so on), but no, it won't be that surprising and "trope subverting".

I don't want surprises or trope subversions for the sake of it, I'd prefer if it made sense. Crossing my fingers so that you're right!

• Love 2

Yeah. I think Pod and Mel will both die. Lord Glover as well I think.

CB will be destroyed. WF and KL as well. Maybe some other places. I think that is more than enough to create bittersweet feeling lol. They don't need Jon and Dany dead.

Every surviving character will loose someone or something. Starks already lost too much, but it seems they will lose WF again. Arya will lose Hound and Nymeria. Jon will lose Ghost, Tormund and Ed. Tyrion will lose Jaime (and Cersei lol). Brienne will lose him as well. And Pod. Dany will lose Jorah and her other dragons. Maybe even Grey Worm. Yara will lose Theon. And so on.

3 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

but if a child murderer who saw the errors of their way has to die, make it Melisandre rather than Jaime or even Theon

I think all of them will die. And Hound as well. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Architectural Digest made the following claims about Season 8 Dubrovnik filming, as the cast and crew stayed at the Excelsior Hotel while filming there:

1. Emilia and Kit as well as other cast members stayed at the Excelsior Hotel while filming. (It was known that Kit and Lena were in Dubrovnik, but Emilia?)

2. There were cast and crew members who stayed at other hotels (the Villa Orsula and Villa Scheherazade), suggesting there were multiple cast members other than Kit, Emilia and Lena.

3. Emilia's final scenes were wrapped in Dubrovnik. Here's the quote on that last bit:

BoatsexBaby

Princess of Ashes

12m

I remember that. I know nothing about car heights, so I have nothing to say about that. What I do know is that Emilia was there and left on a private flight before the others. Time will tell as always.

BoatsexBaby

Princess of Ashes

14m

I don't know anything about episode numbers. I was just told that D&D were there for all 4 days and Emilia was there. So I went digging on SM to find proof, haha.

So Emilia was the third mysterious actor! 

That is one hell of a spoiler if is true! I wonder how they know that? 

Edited by Edith
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, nikma said:

Every surviving character will loose someone or something. Starks already lost too much, but it seems they will lose WF again. Arya will lose Hound and Nymeria. Jon will lose Ghost, Tormund and Ed. Tyrion will lose Jaime (and Cersei lol). Brienne will lose him as well. And Pod. Dany will lose Jorah and her other dragons. Maybe even Grey Worm. Yara will lose Theon. And so on.

I think all of them will die. And Hound as well. 

I think one of out three might make it, either Jaime or Theon because they lost a physical part of themselves.

I'm afraid that Arya will have to kill the Hound out of mercy after he's wightified. The Hound surviving would be a nice surprise.

Jorah, I think will make it. He and Sam bonded, I'm sticking to my Jeor/Aemon 2.0 idea.

Glover is number one of my wight bait list. If Arya could scare him shitless before into respecting the KITN, it would be the icing on the cake. I wonder if they'll manage to make me feel sorry for a second if he bites it. They managed to make me root for Alliser in 4x09, after all.

1 hour ago, nikma said:

Lord Glover as well I think.

We can only hope.

13 minutes ago, Edith said:

So Emilia was the third mysterious actor! 

That is one hell of a spoiler if is true! I wonder how they know that? 

If there were 8x06 scenes shot in Croatia, and if Emilia was filming those scenes, that may explain why D&D went to such lengths to conceal her presence...assuming that what /BoatsexBaby is saying is true.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

It also seems confirmed that scenes from more than one episode were filmed in Croatia, since Nutter was there, and whatever Emilia filmed if it was her last scene is probably from the last episode. However, we knew that, since the only set pics were of Lena and Kit shooting in the tower, and they set up canopies and stuff around the pier, down from the restaurant where they've filmed other KL scenes.

Maybe Dany's last scene in the show is seeing someone off as they leave King's Landing...?

Um....isn't it confirmed that KL is destroyed? So if KL is a ruin by the end and Daenerys' final scenes are in KL then that implies she dies there.

Queen's Landing

1 hour ago, whateverdgaf said:

I think it would be a shame for Jaime to die. His struggle facing a post world war would be fascinating. Serving against the White Walkers could potentially bring Jaime to legally be pardoned for his crimes. Seeing him facing a future where he is despised by many and most of his family is dead, yet at the same time being able to be with the woman he loves would be an interesting ending. Just killing him off would be easy. It's the same with all characters on redemption arcs. They die heroically so that their fans could feel somewhat content, but they don't risk anyone's ire by having a morally dubious character live where whiter characters die. 

That GRRM said that he wanted to explore whether redemption was possible and can acts such as attempted child murder be forgiven makes me think it would be more effective for Jaime to live. People are used to death and horror in Game of Thrones; including towards generally moral characters, a happy ending is almost more startling. If GRRM wants people to question whether or not Jaime can be forgiven, I think he would do so most effectively by giving Jaime some hope for the future and leave the audience asking themselves if he deserved it.

Plus, Brienne totally deserves happiness and so Jaime will just have to live for that to happen.

Jaime's already lived most of his life despised by most and living with the woman he loved.

Besides, I don't think GRRM is going to try to redeem Jaime with his death. GRRM doesn't have an answer for whether he could be redeemed so that will be left to individual person to answer. 

I'm not entirely sure if Jaime will even have a heroic death. Maybe in the show.

• Love 1

I just think that everyone who killed or tried to kill a child will be dead by the end. That includes Drogon lol.

You just can't be redeemed after that. Redeemed in a way that you deserve long and happy life. So I still think Jaime, Mel, Theon and Hound will be dead before the end.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, nikma said:

I just think that everyone who killed or tried to kill a child will be dead by the end. That includes Drogon lol.

You just can't be redeemed after that. Redeemed in a way that you deserve long and happy life. So I still think Jaime, Mel, Theon and Hound will be dead before the end.

Drogon is an animal. I guess that means Nymeria has to die too. : p

Sandor is redeeming himself in the books at least. He's on the Quiet Isle repenting and moving past his grudge for his brother. Personally, I don't think we'll see Sandor again and the only Hound we will see will be whoever decides to wear the mask including Rorge and Lem.

Show-wise, they could kill Sandor. GRRM's already mentioned that they've killed characters that make it past the end in his books.

Edited by WindyNights
(edited)
14 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Personally, I don't think we'll see Sandor again

Ofc we will. Why so many book fans think that the position where characters are in AFFC/ADWD is their final status? AFFC and ADWD are just first part of the second act. It's the act where characters are  preparing for the endgame. 

There are a lot of books fans who think that Bran will never leave the cave, Sandor will never leave Quiet Isle, Sansa will never leave Vale, Arya will never leave Braavos, Jaime left KL forever and he will just return to kill Cersei at one point, Cersei will never be in position of power again,.. There are those who even think that Dany will never leave Essos. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, nikma said:

Ofc we will. Why so many book fans think that the position where characters are in AFFC/ADWD is their final status? AFFC and ADWD are just first part of the second act. It's the act where characters are  preparing for the endgame. 

There are a lot of books fans who think that Bran will never leave the cave, Sandor will never leave Quiet Isle, Sansa will never leave Vale, Arya will never leave Braavos, Jaime left KL forever and he will just return to kill Cersei at one point, Cersei will never be in position of power again,.. There are those who even think that Dany will never leave Essos. 

Because it goes against Sandor's arc of leaving a life of violence behind. 

It's more in keeping with GRRM's views on redemption if Sandor spends his life on the Quiet Isle to atone. Not that Sandor will be redeemed but we're left with the idea that one day he might be.

I mean that's the whole point behind the Elder Brother's speech. The original Hound is dead and along with him, the original Hound's hate and fury. You'd be taking back an impactful moment just to keep Sandor in the story.

The Hound will still be in the story of course but different people will wear the mantle. Rorge was one and Lem is another.

Because that’s not Sandor’s story. His is not a gunslinger narrative; it’s about self-healing. As many have noted, Sandor v. Gregor already happened back at the Hand’s Tourney in AGOT, and Sandor refused to attack his brother’s unprotected face. And since then, he’s struggled to move past violence and become the true knight he still, still, STILL wants to be. The Quiet Isle plot specifically is about Sandor giving up the Hound, the feasting-crow identity rooted in what Gregor did to him. Cleganebowl would be utter character regression, destroying one of ASOIAF’s most emotionally powerful and thematically central arcs.

40 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Drogon is an animal. I guess that means Nymeria has to die too. : p

Sandor is redeeming himself in the books at least. He's on the Quiet Isle repenting and moving past his grudge for his brother. Personally, I don't think we'll see Sandor again and the only Hound we will see will be whoever decides to wear the mask including Rorge and Lem.

Show-wise, they could kill Sandor. GRRM's already mentioned that they've killed characters that make it past the end in his books.

You'll see Sandor again in the books I'm sure.

GRRM said they killed people still alive in his books, I don't think he said they survived or die, just that the writers created Butterflies for themselves.

Selmy looks like he will die in battle in Mereen, instead of a alleyway, and one of the Khals is suppose to return in Danny's arc, not to mention Shireen.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

Um....isn't it confirmed that KL is destroyed? So if KL is a ruin by the end and Daenerys' final scenes are in KL then that implies she dies there.

Queen's Landing

Not if it’s a postwar, post-time skip KL scene, since KL would be rebuilt by then.

/BoatsexBaby said to expect a big publicity push implying that Dany dies, so she probably doesn’t.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

You'll see Sandor again in the books I'm sure.

GRRM said they killed people still alive in his books, I don't think he said they survived or die, just that the writers created Butterflies for themselves.

Selmy looks like he will die in battle in Mereen, instead of a alleyway, and one of the Khals is suppose to return in Danny's arc, not to mention Shireen.

There's a chance you might see Sandor again but his fighting days are done. Can't imagine what role there is for a crippled man especially one that's taken a vow of silence on an island and far away from the world.

GRRM's specifically said that they've killed characters that won't die.

GRRM: Just consider. Mago, Irri, Rakharo, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Pyat Pree, Pyp, Grenn, Ser Barristan Selmy, Queen Selyse, Princess Shireen, Princess Myrcella, Mance Rayder, and King Stannis are all dead in the show, alive in the books. Some of them will die in the books as well, yes… but not all of them, and some may die at different times in different ways. Balon Greyjoy, on the flip side, is dead in the books, alive on the show.

3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Not if it’s a postwar, post-time skip KL scene, since KL would be rebuilt by then.

/BoatsexBaby said to expect a big publicity push implying that Dany dies, so she probably doesn’t.

We don't have any casting for post-timeskip scenes decades in the future though and you can't rebuild a city like that so soon. 

It took decades to populate and build King's Landing and I'm guessing it'll take even longer for whoever takes control of KL based on the fact that they have to clear the rubble first from a million person city.

10 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Because it goes against Sandor's arc of leaving a life of violence behind

He tried to do the same in the show and failed. But still he got a bigger purpose when he became part of BwB. So he still uses violence, but for greater good.

Maybe the same thing will happen in the books. Maybe it won't and he will leave violence for good. But that doesn't mean that he won't appear again and that GRRM really closed his story with thar very subtle cameo. 

7 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Balon Greyjoy, on the flip side, is dead in the books, alive on the show.

He is dead in the show. Killed by Euron.

GRRM's already mentioned that they've killed characters that make it past the end in his books.

For all we know that could be Meryn Trant or Areo Hotah, not bigger characters like Stannis, Roose or LF. 

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

We don't have any casting for post-timeskip scenes decades in the future though [1] and you can't rebuild a city like that so soon. [2]

It took decades to populate and build King's Landing and I'm guessing it'll take even longer for whoever takes control of KL based on the fact that they have to clear the rubble first from a million person city.

1. We only see a fraction of the extra casting notices, especially not the very spoilery ones (trial and sept explosions), and we already know that GOT for Seville flew in their own extras and also called up local extras from past seasons for secrecy. We saw no extra casting notices for Iceland, but we know that Emilia and Kit filmed with extras there.

2. We know that the pier used in previous seasons for KL was set up to resemble a market for S8 filming. There was no market in that location before. That may signal a post-timeskip KL, since they can use the pier to show the changes and just CGI out the background.  

Spotted in Belfast this week: Isaac, Gwen, NCW, Nathalie, Kit, Emilia, and Liam

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, nikma said:

He tried to do the same in the show and failed. But still he got a bigger purpose when he became part of BwB. So he still uses violence, but for greater good.

Maybe the same thing will happen in the books. Maybe it won't and he will leave violence for good. But that doesn't mean that he won't appear again and that GRRM really closed his story with thar very subtle cameo. 

He is dead in the show. Killed by Euron.

For all we know that could be Meryn Trant or Areo Hotah, not bigger characters like Stannis, Roose or LF. 

The show also posits the idea that revenge can be badass hence a scene where Arya slaughters all the Freys but only that bad ones and smirks as she walks off and says some badass one liners versus LS doing it.

The show pretty much took the standpoint that pacifism is for fools. Hence why Raymond ends up dead and it validates the HoundMs worldview. That's pretty opposite of what did end up happening in the books.

Besides, we already have the Hound with the BwB in the books. His name is Lem and he's an asshole now.

"War makes monsters of us all."

----------

He said this back in after season 5 was aired and also he named which characters might not die. So Balon wasn't dead at that point.

So some of these characters won't die: 

"Mago, Irri, Rakharo, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Pyat Pree, Pyp, Grenn, Ser Barristan Selmy, Queen Selyse, Princess Shireen, Princess Myrcella, Mance Rayder, and King Stannis"

Figuring out which is harder but it's at least more more than 1 or 2.

I think we can safely cross out Pyat Pree, Barristan, Shireen and Myrcella as characters that won't survive the books so that leaves Mago, Irri, Rakharo, Ducksauce, Pyp, Grenn, Mance and Stannis as candidates that could survive.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

1. We only see a fraction of the extra casting notices, and we already know that GOT for Seville flew in their own extras and also called up local extras from past seasons for secrecy. We saw no extra casting notices for Iceland, but we know that Emilia and Kit filmed with extras there.

2. We know that the pier used in previous seasons for KL was set up to resemble a market for S8 filming. There was no market in that location before. That may signal a post-timeskip KL, since they can use the pier to show the changes and just CGI out the background.  

Spotted in Belfast this week: Isaac, Gwen, NCW, Nathalie, Kit, Emilia, and Liam

1. Still, we would've gotten a hint of some older cast members being cast. An older Daenerys? Or Jon? Or Gendry? Or Arya? Or Sansa? Or the Targaryen heir?

Some hint that there will be an epilogue or a large timeskip. I don't think we are getting that at all though from what I've been seeing. I used to think the series would end with a timeskip but now I'm thinking that there won't ever be one and if there it is then it'll be a small one.

2. I don't think that means anything. KL's interiors changes season to season sometimes like the Sept of Baelor in season 1 versus the Sept of Baelor after that. Or the locations of certain areas.

apparently Sophie, Isaac, Liam, Nathalie and Kit are still filming

Edited by WindyNights
(edited)
18 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Besides, we already have the Hound with the BwB in the books. His name is Lem and he's an asshole now.

Broke my heart what he's become.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)
43 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

The show also posits the idea that revenge can be badass

Yeah, revenge can be badass, we saw that in many stories, but that was not the point of our conversation. We will see Sandor in the books again, no matter what GRRM decided to do with him, because that cameo in AFFC is not how you end a story of any character. 

And being on some island is not a redemption for killing a child. 

43 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Hence why Raymond ends up dead and it validates the HoundMs worldview. That's pretty opposite of what did end up happening in the books.

For now. They could all be dead in TWOW. 

Edited by nikma
(edited)

1. Still, we would've gotten a hint of some older cast members being cast. An older Daenerys? Or Jon? Or Gendry? Or Arya? Or Sansa? Or the Targaryen heir?

Some hint that there will be an epilogue or a large timeskip. I don't think we are getting that at all though from what I've been seeing. I used to think the series would end with a timeskip but now I'm thinking that there won't ever be one and if there it is then it'll be a small one.

2. I don't think that means anything. KL's interiors changes season to season sometimes like the Sept of Baelor in season 1 versus the Sept of Baelor after that. Or the locations of certain areas

apparently Sophie, Isaac, Liam, Nathalie and Kit are still filming

Emilia's still filming as well; she was spotted at dinner with Kit and Nathalie. NCW is still filming, so Gwen probably is as well.

No idea about Peter and Maisie, but Peter apparently has a place in Belfast so he wouldn't need to stay at the hotel anyway. Maisie's been filming pretty much continuously, so she's probably still filming.

Coupled with Nathalie's wistful IG post about starting to say goodbye to Belfast, it's probably her last week. Ditto for NCW. Both NCW and Nathalie are heading off for fan conventions after the end of the week, so it makes sense.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

I am glad that Nathalie is filming. Now that I am back to believing that Dany survives, I think this makes Missandei's absence in Seville understandable. I am concerned about Gilly's current absence in Belfast. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Gilly barely had any screentime in s7, so I think she will survive in s8 but her scenes will be pretty minimal.  It seems like they killed off the Tarly dudes to clear the decks for Sam to end up as Lord of Horn Hill (and maybe Warden of the South?), probably with GIlly as his wife.

I wonder if they will have Gilly assist with Dany's inevitable birthing of Baby Targ?  She's just about the only person in Team Jon / Dany that has childbirth experience (excluding Mel and her shadow baby birth lol).  I guess there is the new Winterfell maester, but that would be kind of random since he's waaaay in the background.

(edited)

Wait, if Sophie is still filming with the same cast, doesn't that change fan interpretation of her tweet? The tweet could have had nothing to do with GoT.

1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Gilly barely had any screentime in s7, so I think she will survive in s8 but her scenes will be pretty minimal.  It seems like they killed off the Tarly dudes to clear the decks for Sam to end up as Lord of Horn Hill (and maybe Warden of the South?), probably with GIlly as his wife.

I hope that you are right about Gilly. I too believe that the deaths of the stupid Tarly men occurred so that Sam would inherit his rightful title and lands as Lord of Horn Hill and be appointed Warden of the South. The Wall is gone as I expected and I think that Night Watch will go with it.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

Wait, if Sophie is still filming with the same cast, doesn't that change fan interpretation of her tweet? The tweet could have had nothing to do with GoT.

Well it at least gives some more credence to that one redditor who said that Sophie is filming more then what people know, and Sansa and Danny's stories are heavily guarded.

ETA: spelling error

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

If indeed she is still filming (there’s still been no photos of her in NI, strangely enough, unless I missed something), then obviously the tweet was not about her finishing the show.

It could still be about filming her character’s last scene, though not Sophie’s last.  Or, as you say, it could have nothing to do with GOT, though personally that feels unlikely at the moment, given the context.

• Love 1
(edited)

It was the last day of filming for some of the actors, even if it turns out that she wasn't one of them, so the tweet still could have related to GOT. There's also the possibility that the scene filmed was Sansa's last scene in the show, which would also explain Sophie's sadness.

With that said, there are rumours that she was apparently fighting with Joe around that time...? So it may not have anything to do with GOT after all.

40 minutes ago, Edith said:

Is the same cave they used for Melisandre shadow baby birth under storms end.

Jonerys cavesex incoming!!!

...Kidding, kidding. I do remember /BoatsexBaby speculating a while back about the Ballintoy beach filming. She apparently heard something Unsullied at Dragonstone being "endgame" stuff. Maybe the cave shoot at Cushenden Caves has something to do with it?

Remember that with Nutter's Director of Photography gone since May 6th, anything being filmed now (or over the past month) is automatically going to take place in 8x03, 8x05 or 8x06.

2. I don't think that means anything. KL's interiors changes season to season sometimes like the Sept of Baelor in season 1 versus the Sept of Baelor after that. Or the locations of certain areas.

Yes, but reusing a highly recognizable location but adding a bunch of stuff that wasn't there before to establish that the pier location is now being used as a market could suggest a timeskip.

When I first saw the setup for the pier filming in Dubrovnik this year, my first thought was that it reminded me of the props they used for the marketplace scenes in Braavos, which was odd, since there's no marketplace at that pier in KL...unless, of course, in a KL that's being rebuilt, the marketplace is now down by the water.

Edited by Eyes High
20 hours ago, Eyes High said:

But for anyone who can't make it to Croatia before the final season of Game of Thrones, you'll just have to make do with the cover story of Emilia Clarke—or Daenerys Targaryen—from Vanity Fair this month. While the actress didn't reveal an abundance of spoilers, she did describe a handful of love scenes with her onscreen romance, Jon Snow (Kit Harrington), and that her character's final scenes were wrapped. We just happen to know that was in Dubrovnik.

So we are getting more love scenes. Nice. I approve. 

(edited)

So we are getting more love scenes. Nice. I approve. 

According to that article, Emilia said that in her Vanity Fair interview, only that she never mentioned that or gave the impression of it. So I don’t know where that information comes from, although I would not be surprises of more love scenes. 

I do remember /BoatsexBaby speculating a while back about the Ballintoy beach filming. She apparently heard something Unsullied at Dragonstone being "endgame" stuff. Maybe the cave shoot at Cushenden Caves has something to do with it?

Well this is interesting, but I have no idea what type of scene it could be.

Edited by Edith
25 minutes ago, Edith said:

According to that article, Emilia said that in her Vanity Fair interview, only that she never mentioned that or gave the impression of it. So I don’t know where that information comes from, although I would not be surprises of more love scenes. 

I hope so.  It would be sad indeed if we had more intimate scenes with Dany/Drogo and Dany/Daario than with Jon Snow, the foreshadowed love of her life.  I would be happy with just some great intimate conversations- not necessarily more love scenes.  I'm not opposed to either, of course.  ;)

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Edith said:

Disappointing that Emilia doesn't say this in the interview. However, I remain optimistic that we get some nice love scenes between Dany and Jon.

Edited by SimoneS

I figure we have to have at least one Dany / Jon love scene in s8, most likely when they reconcile after parentage bomb rockiness. Sort of signifying Jon’s acceptance that he’s a Stark and a Targ by doing the most Targ thing possible and screwing a family member lol.

• Love 3