Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think this is where we're at on who's still filming, by character:

Confirmed Still Filming: Jon, Dany, Arya, Davos, Jaime (NCW told an interviewer that he'd be finished on June 8th), Gregor, Tyrion

Probably Still Filming: Grey Worm (Unsullied extras have been filming), Brienne (if Jaime is still involved in scenes), Cersei, Sandor (if Thor is busy filming, it's likely Lena and Rory will be as well), Euron (Pilou said he'd be done in June)

Confirmed Done: Gendry, Gilly

Probably Done: Everyone else

According to /tbmeek3 at /Freefolk, Vladimir (NK) is set to appear at two Comicons, the first starting June 2nd, so it seems likely that he's done, too.

I thought Sophie was finished, but on /Freefolk /tbmeek3 is claiming she's still filming, so I dunno. She may have gone to Belfast to film after her Louis Vuitton fashion show in Paris, or she may have gone there to hang out with Maisie before the big wrap party.

If they're only now getting ready to film the DEVASTATION AT KING'S LANDING scenes, it's possible that these are postwar scenes of the survivors picking through the wreckage...although I wouldn't expect Euron, Gregor, Cersei, or Jaime to survive, so there's probably more to it than that.

41 minutes ago, nikma said:

Some people maybe won't like the idea of ending (Jon and Dany together for example) but I think the execution will make it work

It's possible. If all the main members of Team Jon/Dany live and GOT ends with a montage of all the surviving characters moving on with their lives (bonus points if there are flashforward scenes!) set to stirring, beautiful music, we'll probably all cry rivers of tears and call it the greatest thing ever. Worked for Six Feet Under.

Edited by Eyes High
35 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I thought Sophie was finished, but on /Freefolk /tbmeek3 is claiming she's still filming, so I dunno. She may have gone to Belfast to film after her Louis Vuitton fashion show in Paris, or she may have gone there to hang out with Maisie before the big wrap party.

I also think she's still filming, otherwise she would has gone to Australia for a few weeks with her fiancé. 

If they're only now getting ready to film the DEVASTATION AT KING'S LANDING scenes, it's possible that these are postwar scenes of the survivors picking through the wreckage...although I wouldn't expect Euron, Gregor, Cersei, or Jaime to survive, so there's probably more to it than that.

I read in Freefolk, I don't remember if it was /Boatsexbaby or /danielakretchen, that Nutter is done with filming GOT. So whatever is being filmed at the moment, is definitely a Sapo or D&D episode.

3 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I agree there would be a backlash if Dany dies while Jon gets left with everything she had or fought for,her kid,her remaining army,her dragons,the throne.Especially if they would kill her off in a way like the nissa nissa theories or in childbirth.That might get as bad reactions as the Sansa/Ramsey stuff.I know I would be pissed off.I can deal with Dany dying but not with some ending that makes it look like she was just a placeholder for the true hero Jon.

This is the exact ending of LOTR where Frodo dies and hands everything that should've been Frodo's to Sam including his home, wealth, fame, political power and family 

"You will be my heir: everything that I had and might have had I leave to you."

• Love 2
(edited)

Why should there be a backlash if Jon becomes King of Westeros? Ruling Westeros is Dany's goal; Jon just wants to live a peaceful life somewhere far away from conflict. He's the only leader who has no desire to rule anything. Spending the rest of his life in King's Landing, a foreign place far away from home and his family, would make him absolutely miserable. Dany getting the Iron Throne would be a reward, because it's what she's wanted since halfway through season one, but Jon getting it would be a punishment, because it's the last thing he wants. He'd be even more desolate in King's Landing than Ned was. That seems like a terrible ending for Jon.

Edited by shireenbamfatheon
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

This is the exact ending of LOTR where Frodo dies and hands everything that should've been Frodo's to Sam including his home, wealth, fame, political power and family 

"You will be my heir: everything that I had and might have had I leave to you."

I didn't read the LoTR books and I haven't seen the movies in a long time so I don't really remember.But I didn't get the feeling that Sam took over from Frodo in that sense.He was always a sidekick,he never took over as the one true hero who saves everyone and Frodo survived,IIRC but he decided he can't live his old live anymore because he changed too much.Sam basically didn't have a problem going back to the life he wanted before,it didn't seem to me like him getting that ending came at expense of Frodo.

With Jon and Dany it's two protagonists who share very similar and parallel journeys and who are presented as equally important.We've been beat over the head with all the together stuff in season 7.So to have Dany die in some lame way like childbirth or sacrifice so Jon can get a weapon that can beat the NK or anything in that vein and then end up with everything she earned would be pretty bad optics imo.It would make it seem like her purpose was to give him the resources he needs and potentially a kid as well and then die.They can come up with some ending where she dies and it doesn't make it seem that way and if they wanna kill her off I really hope they do.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

So to have Dany die in some lame way like childbirth or sacrifice...

If it's done well I think sacrifice can be a great death for Daenerys. Or Jon. Or both of them.

I think they will have the same ending. Either both of them will die or they will live. I can't see only one of them alive. 

Edited by nikma
5 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

With Jon and Dany it's two protagonists who share very similar and parallel journeys and who are presented as equally important.We've been beat over the head with all the together stuff in season 7.So to have Dany die in some lame way like childbirth or sacrifice so Jon can get a weapon that can beat the NK or anything in that vein and then end up with everything she earned would be pretty bad optics imo.It would make it seem like her purpose was to give him the resources he needs and potentially a kid as well and then die.They can come up with some ending where she dies and it doesn't make it seem that way and if they wanna kill her off I really hope they do.

I get this viewpoint, I really do.  But otoh, once Jon and Dany was a confirmed thing and baby anvils were a confirmed thing, how could anyone not anticipate Dany being likely to die in childbirth as a part of the world building?  Both grandmothers of a Jon/Dany baby died in childbirth too and Dany has already had some types of vague reproductive health issues.  I mean wouldn't this sort of fast, loose predictive genetics be in line with GRRMs style?

It seems like book readers at least would have already prepped themselves for the possibility, or that they ought to have.

2 minutes ago, nikma said:

If it's done well I think sacrifice can be a great death for Daenerys. Or Jon. Or both of them.

I think they will have the same ending. Either both of them will die or they will live. I can't see only one of them alive. 

I agree,if done well it can be a fitting ending.I also think they should have the same ending.Imo their fates have been tied so tightly together,they basically share the same position in the narrative so if one dies and the other lives it would be hard to avoid it feeling unbalanced and like one was used for the other to get what they want or need.

1 minute ago, TarotQueen said:

I get this viewpoint, I really do.  But otoh, once Jon and Dany was a confirmed thing and baby anvils were a confirmed thing, how could anyone not anticipate Dany being likely to die in childbirth as a part of the world building?  Both grandmothers of a Jon/Dany baby died in childbirth too and Dany has already had some types of vague reproductive health issues.  I mean wouldn't this sort of fast, loose predictive genetics be in line with GRRMs style?

It seems like book readers at least would have already prepped themselves for the possibility, or that they ought to have.

Yeah that's why it's still a popular theory,because it's common in the books.But I always disliked that and thought that GRRM overused the dead mother trope.And it's easier to get over when it's just characters we don't know and never met but a main character we've been following for years it's much worse.I really hope Dany's storyline won't come down to that after waking dragons,conquering cities,freeing slaves,fighting the WW.It just doesn't feel right imo.It's like if Jon died of like a sickness during the long night.Sure it's possible that people get sick and die of complications but it's not exactly a great end for heroes built up over seven seasons.

• Love 3

I think the better written version of the ending from Revenge of the Sith could work for GoT. Padme and Anakin (sort of) died, while their children lived. And that movie has the best ending in SW saga IMO. 

My opinion is that in every story almost anything can work if the execution is good. 

In Thor 3 we saw the destruction of his homeland and it felt like comedy. Jon and Dany living and ruling can feel bittersweet and almost dark if the price they've paid for that is high. But it can also feel like fan service and "Disney ending". And even their death if done wrong won't feel powerful and meaningful, but lame.

Execution is the key.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, nikma said:

I mean I could see backlash even if all this happens and Dany lives. Jon and Dany ruling together will awake these now popular buzzwords like fan service, Disney ending, GRRM would never do that, the books will be darker and more nuanced and so on. 

The backlash will be quite limited, imo. Generally, still imo, people love their endings on the happy side especially after years of involvement with the characters. Look at Starwars (first trilogy) vs Matrix, Friends vs HIMYM etc. It seems that positive if lukewarm endings work better in terms of legacy (and reruns, and sequels etc.)

Of course the books will be more nuanced, since there are POVs and no time limitation. For example, we were talking above about Davos and Tyrion. On the show, it was a one-liner, in the books there could be several pages of Davos' thoughts about it.

Personally, I think it's much more difficult to make a compelling happy ending than a nihilistic one.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

This just in from /BoatsexBaby:

1. Vlad (NK) is not done yet after all.

And, more importantly...

2. Some actors will be doing principal photography as late as December. (!!!)

And no, she doesn’t mean ADR. 

Assuming her info is correct, what could they possibly be filming that would require another five months? Comic Book Resources reported months ago that Sophie Turner would be tied up with GOT obligations through September, which would make more sense in light of this information, but who will be filming through December?

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

This just in from /BoatsexBaby:

1. Vlad (NK) is not done yet after all.

And, more importantly...

2. Some actors will be doing principal photography as late as December. (!!!)

And no, she doesn’t mean ADR. 

Assuming her info is correct, what could they possibly be filming that would require another five months? Comic Book Resources reported months ago that Sophie Turner would be tied up with GOT obligations through September, which would make more sense in light of this information, but who will be filming through December?

could mean anywhere between now and December

6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Some of the most iconic or popular shows over the past 10 years have had incredibly controversial or unpopular endings--LOST, Battlestar Galactica, How I Met Your Mother, Mad Men, Dexter, etc.--so at least if GOT doesn't stick the landing, it will be in good company. 

Don't forget The Sopranos, another HBO show which had a very controversial ending. Lost was satisfying from a character perspective but completely unsatisfying from a mythology perspective and since most people watched for the mythology it was very much hated. Battlestar Galactica was bad in every respect. I can't even talk about it. The Mad Men ending was mostly praised by critics and I don't think the haters felt as strongly about it as say the haters of the Lost finale or the Battlestar Galactica finale, although both of those shows were in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre, which tends to have very extreme fans. How I Met Your Mother was universally panned because the ending didn't fit the story. The writers stuck with their original ending but because they didn't know how many seasons they were going to have (unlike D&D), the plot got away from them and they couldn't bring the characters back to where they needed to be for the ending they originally planned (GRRM may know a little something about this). 

There is no way the ending is going to satisfy everyone because the fans are so varied in their expectations, favorite characters, and desires for the ending. I'm just happy we're getting an ending at all since GRRM is almost certainly never going to finish the books. I hope the ending is more positive than I expect it to be, but if my favorite characters don't make it I hope that their character arcs reach a satisfying conclusion before they die. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I didn't read the LoTR books and I haven't seen the movies in a long time so I don't really remember.But I didn't get the feeling that Sam took over from Frodo in that sense.He was always a sidekick,he never took over as the one true hero who saves everyone and Frodo survived,IIRC but he decided he can't live his old live anymore because he changed too much.Sam basically didn't have a problem going back to the life he wanted before,it didn't seem to me like him getting that ending came at expense of Frodo.

That's a very movie-centered perspective.

In the books, Frodo doesn't leave because he's changed too much. He leaves because the One Ring still has a hold over his soul and its destruction did nothing to get it out of him. He gave into the Ring at the end and it's left a permanent mark on his soul. He's a heroin addict without any heroin around and no hope of relief within the confines of Middle-Earth. He wants the Ring. Leaving Middle-Earth to what Tolkien calls purgatory/the Undying Lands is Frodo's only chance to redeem his soul and cleanse the corruption but there's no guarantee that he can. And Frodo is going to die there.  That's from Tolkien's Letters where he lays that out.

(On top of that, Frodo is prone to sickness now, he feels alienated, he feels physical pain from the Morgul Blade and Shelob's bite and he feels heavy guilt for failing in the Quest and for regretting the Ring's destruction. And no one in the Shire actually appreciates him nor wants to hear about his adventures. They admire Sam, Pippin and Merry. Frodo sees himself as a broken failure according to Tolkein. There's a lot for him to feel sad about.)

But in the books, Sam's happy life is built on Frodo's sacrifice. The Shire loves Sam but they don't love Frodo. Sam becomes Mayor eventually, Frodo does not. Sam gets the girl, Frodo does not.  Sam gets a family, Frodo does not. Sam gets fame within the Shire, Frodo does not. Sam gets to live out his days in the Shire, Frodo will not. Etc.

The core is that Sam gets rewarded and Frodo doesn't despite Frodo doing far more.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Frodo's final words to Sam:

But',said Sam and tears started in his eyes, 'I thought you were going to enjoy the Shire, too, for years and years, after all you have done.'

'So I thought too once. But I have been too deeply hurt, Sam. I tried to save the Shire and it has been saved but not for me. It must often be so, Sam, when things are in danger: someone has to give them up: someone has to give them up, lose them, so that others may keep them. But you are my heir: all that I had and might have had I leave to you. And also you have Rose, and Elanor; and Frodo-lad will come, and Rosie-lass, and Merry, and Goldiloks, and Pippin; and perhaps more that I cannot see. Your hands and wits will be needed everywhere. You will be the Mayor, of course, as long as you want to be, and the most famous gardener in history; and you will read things out of the Red Book, and keep alive the memory of the age that is gone, so that people will remember the Great Danger and so love their beloved land all the more. And that will keep you as busy and as happy as anyone can be, as long as your part of the story goes on.

//////////////////////////////////////

But anyways, LOTR's ending is about Frodo's entire life being sacrificed at the pyre of victory whereas everyone gets to enjoy their lives.

"According to GRRM, in writing fantasy, you have to go back to Tolkien and the bittersweet ending of the Scouring of the Shire. Although when he was younger, he thought that part was extra, the bitterness stayed with him and he realized that it was the point of the story."

The LOTR movies didn't pull off the ending correctly which is why everyone thinks it's a lot sweeter than it actually is. If you have a great deal investment in Frodo, it's downright sad.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the safest way for D&D not to create some big controversy is to have Jon and Dany ruling, Euron and Cersei dead and the WW destroyed as sweet part. Deaths of dragons, direwolves, Jaime, some secondary characters like Tormund, Pod, Yara or Theon, Jorah, the Hound and so on and destruction of iconic places like KL, CB and WF as bitter part. 

If this is the ending I don't see how it will create fan backlash.

Ofc buzzwords like predictable, lazy and so on will be used by minority, but I think it will be very popular, like the climax of S6.

Edited by nikma
21 minutes ago, nikma said:

I think the safest way for D&D not to create some big controversy is to have Jon and Dany ruling, Euron and Cersei dead and the WW destroyed as sweet part. Deaths of dragons, direwolves, Jaime, some secondary characters like Tormund, Pod, Yara or Theon, Jorah, the Hound and so on and destruction of iconic places like KL, CB and WF as bitter part. 

If this is the ending I don't see how it will create fan backlash.

Ofc buzzwords like predictable, lazy and so on will be used by minority, but I think it will be very popular, like the climax of S6.

Judging by certain actor's comments it seems they believe a backlash is likely and for it to be considered divisive.  

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

That's a very movie-centered perspective.

In the books, Frodo doesn't leave because he's changed too much. He leaves because the One Ring still has a hold over his soul and its destruction did nothing to get it out of him. He gave into the Ring at the end and it's left a permanent mark on his soul. He's a heroin addict without any heroin around and no hope of relief within the confines of Middle-Earth. He wants the Ring. Leaving Middle-Earth to what Tolkien calls purgatory/the Undying Lands is Frodo's only chance to redeem his soul and cleanse the corruption but there's no guarantee that he can. And Frodo is going to die there.  That's from Tolkien's Letters where he lays that out.

(On top of that, Frodo is prone to sickness now, he feels alienated, he feels physical pain from the Morgul Blade and Shelob's bite and he feels heavy guilt for failing in the Quest and for regretting the Ring's destruction. And no one in the Shire actually appreciates him nor wants to hear about his adventures. They admire Sam, Pippin and Merry. Frodo sees himself as a broken failure according to Tolkein. There's a lot for him to feel sad about.)

But in the books, Sam's happy life is built on Frodo's sacrifice. The Shire loves Sam but they don't love Frodo. Sam becomes Mayor eventually, Frodo does not. Sam gets the girl, Frodo does not.  Sam gets a family, Frodo does not. Sam gets fame within the Shire, Frodo does not. Sam gets to live out his days in the Shire, Frodo will not. Etc.

The core is that Sam gets rewarded and Frodo doesn't despite Frodo doing far more.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Frodo's final words to Sam:

But',said Sam and tears started in his eyes, 'I thought you were going to enjoy the Shire, too, for years and years, after all you have done.'

'So I thought too once. But I have been too deeply hurt, Sam. I tried to save the Shire and it has been saved but not for me. It must often be so, Sam, when things are in danger: someone has to give them up: someone has to give them up, lose them, so that others may keep them. But you are my heir: all that I had and might have had I leave to you. And also you have Rose, and Elanor; and Frodo-lad will come, and Rosie-lass, and Merry, and Goldiloks, and Pippin; and perhaps more that I cannot see. Your hands and wits will be needed everywhere. You will be the Mayor, of course, as long as you want to be, and the most famous gardener in history; and you will read things out of the Red Book, and keep alive the memory of the age that is gone, so that people will remember the Great Danger and so love their beloved land all the more. And that will keep you as busy and as happy as anyone can be, as long as your part of the story goes on.

//////////////////////////////////////

But anyways, LOTR's ending is about Frodo's entire life being sacrificed at the pyre of victory whereas everyone gets to enjoy their lives.

"According to GRRM, in writing fantasy, you have to go back to Tolkien and the bittersweet ending of the Scouring of the Shire. Although when he was younger, he thought that part was extra, the bitterness stayed with him and he realized that it was the point of the story."

The LOTR movies didn't pull off the ending correctly which is why everyone thinks it's a lot sweeter than it actually is. If you have a great deal investment in Frodo, it's downright sad.

Wow that is a lot sadder than the movies made it seem.I mean I didn't see Frodo's end in the movies as happy either tbh,being so changed and traumatized that he can't enjoy the life he wanted is pretty sad too.

Tho if we're talking GoT parallels that just screams Bran to me,not as much Jon or Dany but they're a possibility too.

20 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

Judging by certain actor's comments it seems they believe a backlash is likely and for it to be considered divisive.  

Then it won't end how I described.

4 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I hope to see some good trolling pictures from Sophie and Emilia LOL, not to mention D & D.

Wonder if GRRM will be there?

That would be great!

10 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

You are correct. I will add that Frodo did not die at the end of the novel. 

10 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

You are correct. I will add that Frodo did not die at the end of the novel. 

There's not much difference between what Frodo did and dying. Frodo went to the same place all elves go when they die except he's only stopping by to possibly heal his soul and then his soul will go to the place men's souls go when they die which is apart from the physical world. (Elves stay within the physical world when they are slain)

So literally, he kinda is dying. He went to purgatory according to Tolkien so that his soul could be redeemed before death.

/////'Alas! there are some wounds that cannot be wholly cured', said Gandalf (III 268) – not in Middle-earth. Frodo was sent or allowed to pass over Sea to heal him – if that could be done, before he died. He would have eventually to 'pass away': no mortal could, or can, abide for ever on earth, or within Time. So he went both to a purgatory and to a reward, for a while: a period of reflection and peace and a gaining of a truer understanding of his position in littleness and in greatness, spent still in Time amid the natural beauty of 'Arda Unmarred', the Earth unspoiled by evil.///

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

Wow that is a lot sadder than the movies made it seem.I mean I didn't see Frodo's end in the movies as happy either tbh,being so changed and traumatized that he can't enjoy the life he wanted is pretty sad too.

The end of the LOTR novels was actually pretty uplifting and the story wasn't all about sacrifice and suffering and let me reiterate that Frodo didn't die at the end. Frodo and Bilbo had pretty happy lives in the Shire. They never wanted wealth or even a family. They were mostly bored and restless living in the Shire. Unlike the other Hobbits, they wanted to go on adventures. They were reputed to be descendants of a Hobbit King who had gone to the aid of a human king at a time of war which was supposed to explain their desire for a more exciting life. Yes, Frodo was hurt by carrying ring and suffered, but as a reward for helping save the world, Gandalf and the Elves allowed him with Bilbo as his companion to sail with the magical creatures to the Undying Lands where they would be healed and live out the rest of their days in peace. In the epilogue or Tolkien's letters, we learn that Sam as an old man also went to the Undying Lands although Tolkien never says why; maybe because Sam also bore the ring or maybe because Bilbo had died and Frodo needed a companion. 

This is why everytime I read that Martin considers the end of LOTR to be bittersweet, I roll my eyes. He has no clue what he is talking about. Plus, a person who cannot finish their own story is in no position to judge someone who has and managed to write tons more about his world building and his characters.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Mod Note:

Second mod note in as many days...

I appreciate that it's an arduous wait until Season 8 airs and we have to do what we can to get through this Long Night until then. However, please bear this one important fact in mind when posting in here: folks come to this topic to read Season 8 speculation and spoilers, that's it.

As a mod it is my responsibility to ensure each topic does what it says on the tin for the most part and that is what I've been doing and will continue to do.

Therefore, I'd like to remind folks - if you can't or won't be considerate of your fellow posters and/or understand the difference between Season 8 discussion vs veering off on the loosest of tangentially related topics that belong in other threads, you're going to find yourself in hot water. It needs to stop, so I'm asking you to seriously consider where & what you are posting before you hit submit if you wish to avoid moderation measures.

TL;DR Help me help you avoid the quicksand.

giphy.gif

• Love 5
(edited)

Update on who's still filming or who may be done, courtesy of /Freefolk, by character:

Brienne: the actress' stand-in posted a picture of Belfast on May 27th, so Gwen may still be filming

Theon: a /Freefolk poster who's an Alfie fan thinks he'll be filming next week (...and it makes sense for Theon to still be in the picture if Pilou is finishing filming in June)

Bran: probably done as previously believed, Isaac spent last week in France

Sam: John wasn't seen in Belfast since Seville filming ended (although he was spotted in Liverpool with Maisie and David Benioff)

Dany: Emilia cancelled a Solo promotional event in Japan (scheduled for June 12th) due to her filming schedule, so it's safe to say that she will be filming in June

Sansa is still up in the air, and her status is not surprisingly a point of controversy: 

Some fans claim that Sophie is still filming, pointing to her being seen in Belfast two days after Seville filming ended and Friday night; they argue that if Sophie had finished filming, she would have joined her fiance in Australia as she usually does on filming breaks. And then of course there's the Dark Phoenix reshoots being delayed because Sophie's GOT commitments will go through September.

Other fans insist that Sophie is done filming, pointing to her emotional tweet the last day she filmed in Seville and rumours that she was seen weeping on that day. /danielakretchen posted this on /Freefolk about Sophie popping up in Belfast after Seville:

I told [/BoatsexBaby] why [Sophie] was there not for filming reasons and [/BoatsexBaby] has the pics, I cannot share it in public, I'm not sure of I explained it to [/BoatsexBaby].

/BoatsexBaby had previously said that a few cast members who had finished filming nevertheless went to Belfast after returning from Seville, such as Joe Dempsie. I'm not sure which pictures /danielakretchen has which prove Sophie wasn't filming after returning from Belfast, though.

Figuring out the truth is difficult, because certain fans are determined to prove that Sophie's still filming, and certain fans are determined to prove that she's done. Sophie's pretty easy to keep track of, so if she stays away from Belfast except for wrap parties over the next month or so, we'll have our answer.

Edited by Eyes High
13 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Sansa is still up in the air, and her status is not surprisingly a point of controversy: 

Personally, I'm surprised it's a controversy :)) 

Of course, the length of filming can give an indication of the screentime a character will get, in extreme cases. Kit and Maisie seemed to be spotted whenever there was some filming going on, for battles and in studio, so it's safe to infer they're going to be prominently featured. Jerome Flynn not being seen anywhere, unless he's spy-level good at avoiding attention, means there should be very little of Bronn.

But I don't think it allows many conclusions to be drawn in terms of storyline or survival, and it seems to be the reason for this type of controversy. I don't say that the filming schedule isn't interesting, far from it. Of course, for example, Daniel Portman barely filming whereas his character is a fighter doesn't bode well for Pod. Yet imo, once actors did a certain amount of filming and because scenes are filmed out of order, it isn't significant enough to direct  speculations one way or another.  

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Battle of KL will probably need lots of Emilia 

A lot of KL exterior stuff has been filming without Emilia over the past six weeks. Dany's probably on a dragon while all that stuff is going on, explaining Dany's absence, but the fact remains.

3 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Of course, the length of filming can give an indication of the screentime a character will get, in extreme cases. Kit and Maisie seemed to be spotted whenever there was some filming going on, for battles and in studio, so it's safe to infer they're going to be prominently featured. Jerome Flynn not being seen anywhere, unless he's spy-level good at avoiding attention, means there should be very little of Bronn.

But I don't think it allows many conclusions to be drawn in terms of storyline or survival, and it seems to be the reason for this type of controversy. I don't say that the filming schedule isn't interesting, far from it. Of course, for example, Daniel Portman barely filming whereas his character is a fighter doesn't bode well for Pod. Yet imo, once actors did a certain amount of filming and because scenes are filmed out of order, it isn't significant enough to direct  speculations one way or another.  

Sophie being there or not being there doesn't prove much about Sansa dying or not dying, since 1) Sansa is not usually involved in action scenes which take longer to film, 2) Sansa's scenes are usually interior dialogue scenes which can be banged out pretty quickly, and 3) Sophie has finished well before the rest of the main cast for the past few years. Also, if I'm right about the Seville day scenes being denouement, Sansa's safe anyway since Sophie filmed then.

With all that said, we know that the KL exterior stuff being filmed is from 8x05 and 8x06, so if Sophie and Emilia are absent, well...one does wonder, especially if Sophie's only KL filming to date is at Italica where her stand-in may have been required for an action scene. At least Dany could be in the sky while Jon, Davos and Arya are on the ground.

Edited by Eyes High
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Does seem to give some credence from a Reddit poster who stated that Emilia and Sophie have or are filming more then people think and the show runners are keeping a tight grip on their story line.

Maybe the title ASOIAF has nothing to do with Dragons and walking dead things  but all about a dance between a little blonde and a tall ginger.

LOL. ( kidding; sort of; LOL )

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Beric's chances of survival are slim to none, right? :(

I think Beric and Sandor are very important. Doesn’t mean they survive to the end though ?‍♀️

14 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Beric's chances of survival are slim to none, right? :(

I think ( as many I'm sure ) Beric's main plot now is to kill some AOTD and pass on his life to someone else, maybe the Hound, maybe a Stark, someone he deems important, a former LC may haps.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

update, from last week.

https://imgur.com/a/7ERYwNm#ksClLH7

GoTlikeLocations

7m

Do you have any current pictures with pink "GoT" signs there (I don't see any in those you have linked to)? 

A couple of weeks ago I received some info that they have been filming there in the so called "Decco building" for "a couple of weeks" for GoT during winter/early spring. Most likely in a set with a collapsed throne room (Iron throne or Dragonstone, the source couldn't tell because it was second hand information) with a main character found dead under the rubble (also no idea who the main character was).

I have been there end of April when there was no activity. Only thing I could see was "crew parking" signs in G&H style. The same source told me that the location is now used by G&H for "Mrs Wilson", that's why I'm asking for the signs.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, nikma said:

There is no way he won't die.

Yeah, I know. I can't even pretend to be optimistic ? 

3 hours ago, Edith said:

Most likely in a set with a collapsed throne room (Iron throne or Dragonstone, the source couldn't tell because it was second hand information) with a main character found dead under the rubble (also no idea who the main character was).

Interesting. I wonder if they're already dead prior to the roof collapsing or if it's the cause of death. Maybe Cersei if it's the former? 

Edited by shireenbamfatheon

Most likely in a set with a collapsed throne room (Iron throne or Dragonstone, the source couldn't tell because it was second hand information) with a main character found dead under the rubble (also no idea who the main character was).

Now there's an interesting tidbit.

20 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

nteresting. I wonder if they're already dead prior to the roof collapsing or if it's a cause of death. Maybe Cersei if it's the former? 

I hope so.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Now there's an interesting tidbit.

GoTlikeLocations

• 

3m

I cannot tell for sure if the source is reliable but I don't have a reason to mistrust him either. He knew about "Faith of Angels" long before it got general knowledge.

GoTlikeLocations

• 

6m

No, I didn't get any specific dates but it must have been before end of April.

GoTlikeLocations

• 

0m

Actually, it is very likely that it has been done in/around March.

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Edith said:

Very interesting.

45 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

I wonder if they're already dead prior to the roof collapsing or if it's a cause of death. Maybe Cersei if it's the former? 

My thoughts exactly, unless D&D scrapped the last portion of Maggi's prophecy because they changed the manner of Cersei's death relative to the books.

I tend to think that if they went to the trouble of shooting a scene where a character's dead body--a main character's dead body, no less--is discovered in the rubble, that that character died from the collapse, but I can't think of any remaining main character for whom death by throne room collapse would be a fitting end other than Cersei, and Book Cersei is supposed to die by strangling, so...

There's always Varys, too, although I don't know that I would consider him a "main character."

Sophie Turner was MIA from Belfast during late winter/early spring, so we can probably cross Sansa off the list of potential candidates for Death By Throne Room. I have no idea what Sansa would be doing in the throne room of either Dragonstone or the Red Keep, thogh.

Edited by Eyes High
38 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Very interesting.

My thoughts exactly, unless D&D scrapped the last portion of Maggi's prophecy because they changed the manner of Cersei's death relative to the books.

I tend to think that if they went to the trouble of shooting a scene where a character's dead body--a main character's dead body, no less--is discovered in the rubble, that that character died from the collapse, but I can't think of any remaining main character for whom death by throne room collapse would be a fitting end other than Cersei, and Book Cersei is supposed to die by strangling, so...

GoTlikeLocations

0m

u/EveryFckngChicken you remember?

"a set that's the same as one from either Spain or Croatia"

That kind of makes sense now, along with the filming that didn't happen at the Atarazanas.

But if Cersei is not longer in power when the dragon fire attack happens, according to Javi, the question would be, is Cersei still alive or in KL when the attack happens? 

On 5/29/2018 at 6:23 PM, nikma said:

I just don't see how they can realistically make any pact with the WW. From 7 seasons we saw, it just doesn't seem like they want any kind of agreement with humans. 

I don't know about that.  

They had a pact with Craster.  

The book evidence is pretty strong for there having been a pact in the past too, with the whole North sacrificing their unwanted children to keep them at bay.  

They appear unable to reproduce on their own, so if we take that as a given, there really aren't too many possibilities why they put the heat on humanity now all of a sudden. One is that their lives are like a magical curse that only ends if they wipe us out, and they choose to reproduce in small numbers just to keep themselves up to a fighting weight for the big war.  But then why would they have ever gone into dormancy?  A second possibility though is that they just want to live, and they can't get enough human babies to do that from just one guy whose fucking his daughters.  Or vengeance on us I guess, but wouldn't they still want their race to survive to enjoy it?

I wonder if the WW don't have some telepathic powers with humans before they employ necromancy on them (which is telepathy too I guess but more specialized).  Something that gives them a chance to capture at least some fragmented human thoughts.  Not anywhere equal to 3EC but tilting the scale a little back their way.  

The show has been clear that the NK is compelled by Jon Snow.  A lot of viewers assume that it's magical: the NK senses the mix of Stark warg/greenseer blood with Targaryen dragon rider/prophecy blood.  

But if they can read people's minds at their death, what if it is just so simple as they know he is a 'bastard' and should have become one of them?  I mean we know he isn't a bastard, but if all of our background knowledge of Jon came from the people he knew who were killed by WW/AOTD, then we'd still think he was one.  Or it could be both:  that they sense the magical bloodlines but are also fucking pissed such a powerful bastard didn't get offered up to them as a baby.

TLDR: I think there could be a pact if everyone started sacrificing their unwanted babies again.

The character doesn’t necessarily have to have died from the collapse. If Cersei were strangled in the throne room before the collapse her body would be found there. I don’t remember Pilou’s filming schedule. Could it be Euron? 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, glowbug said:

The character doesn’t necessarily have to have died from the collapse. If Cersei were strangled in the throne room before the collapse her body would be found there. I don’t remember Pilou’s filming schedule. Could it be Euron? 

It's not impossible, but is Euron really a "main character"?

My money's on Cersei until we get more information.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I don’t think Pilou was in Belfast during the possible time of period of this scene. I also doubt they build a special set for his death, same logic for Varys.

The top candidate is Cersei for sure. Jaime is supposed to die in Brienne’s arms. If is not Cersei, I would say Jon, Arya or Tyrion. Dany is supposed to be riding Drogon, not walking in a destroyed Iron Throne (like the HOTU vision). 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

It's not impossible, but is Euron really a "main character"?

My money's on Cersei until we get more information.

If Euron deposes Cersei and takes the throne himself, he would be self-declared king at the time. It's still a pretty major speaking role, even if not up to the level of Cersei or Dany.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Edith said:

But if Cersei is not longer in power when the dragon fire attack happens, according to Javi, the question would be, is Cersei still alive or in KL when the attack happens? 

I don't think Cersei is going to die before she meets Jaime, Tyrion or both again.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Cersei can die by strangling and be left there while the other characters (Tyrion and co, I guess) escape the Red Keep before destruction.

• Love 2