Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Brn2bwild said:

I'm really hoping now that they did film fake scenes.

How much of this do we know is legit?  Earlier we had "spoilers" that the Golden Company would march on Winterfell right after the White Walkers and Melisandre would cause the wights to turn on the White Walkers.

The video clips are clearly legit, and frankly I don't know what narrative point there is to dealing Dany all these losses in such a short timespan unless it's to unlock her ruthless conqueror mode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, nikma said:

Yeah. I think this is important. Fandom will be devided over this and we should respect every opinion.

It's just a TV show after all.

Absolutely. However, some folks have invested years in this story, decades even, so that should be respected also.

ETA: Personally, I'll get over it and move on with my life in short order but not before expressing my dissatisfaction lol.

Edited by SilverStormm
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, GraceK said:

If Cersei gets to die a romantic death that’s bullshit. I want her to suffer.

The showrunners love Lena so much that I absolutely believe they'd have mortally wounded Jaime crawling to Cersei as one leak claimed. She'll get to destroy everything on her way out and barely even suffer.

• Love 7
(edited)

IMO, some of you are mixing up several leaks. Just because dead Missandei and dead Rhaegal are true, it doesn't mean that all the Information is correct, especially regarding Jaime or Jon taking the Black.

The way Missandei dies is brutal and shocking, but I'm a bit surprised that some of you didn't expect her to die at all. She always was a likely candidate.

Edited by BadAssRobinArryn
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

GRRM said the show ending would be based on his - is he actually going to kill off his favorite house? What a mess.

GRRM has always said his favorite hause is the Starks. Always. The last book was supposed to be called A Time for Wolves. It's only a bunch of fans who believed the GRRM was lying because "he always writes about the Targaryens"

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I don't think the intention is to show Dany as bad guy or her death as some "fuck yeah" moment. It will be tragedy for everyone. Jon will be broken forever.

I think something like Jon-Ygritte but on much bigger scale.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, nikma said:

I have no problem with the way it was written. There is a reason why there were so many mad queen theories for years. Set up was there all along.

Having a set up is not the same thing as writing multiple human beings that  don't behave in a manner which suggests that they need to quadruple their dose of morning Ritalin, so the writers can achieve their Shocking Plot Outcomes. I'm half serious; they could make the last 3 episodes a mash up that brings in the Marvel and D.C. comics characters, with a dollop of James Bond and Ernst Blofeld in a hollowed out volcano, and the story wouldn't suffer, relative to what these leaks are suggesting. Hell, bring in Tom Cruise, and the MI team, too! 

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, onyxrose81 said:

Apparently absolutely nothing.  

I dunno about the leaks, but he ends up in KL eventually, and since he isn't riding Rhaegal when he gets shot down, he must have a big argument with Dany over her decision to go to KL.

2 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Having a set up is not the same thing as writing multiple human beings that  don't behave in a manner which suggests that they need to quadruple their dose of morning Ritalin, so the writers can achieve their Shocking Plot Outcomes. I'm half serious; they could make the last 3 episodes a mash up that brings in the Marvel and D.C. comics characters, with a dollop of James Bond and Ernst Blofeld in a hollowed out volcano, and the story wouldn't suffer, relative to what these leaks are suggesting. Hell, bring in Tom Cruise, and the MI team, too! 

I disagree. I think it makes sense for Dany to burn KL and for Jon to be against

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, nikma said:

I am the only one here who loves this ending lol.

But I really do. I always wanted tragic ending for something this popular. For me it's brave to do this. 

Let the internet explode. 

I like it too. I never thought Dani was good,gray, myabe even the lessor of 2 evilsand ive had a feeling it would go this way for her.  I also dont care about dragons. They can both go. Missandei makes me really sad though

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

IMO, some of you are mixing up several leaks. Just because dead Missandei and dead Rhaegal are true, it doesn't mean that all the Information is correct, especially regarding Jaime or Jon taking the Black.

The way Missandei dies is brutal and shocking, but I'm a bit surprised that some of you didn't expect her to die at all. She always was a likely candidate.

As long as her capture doesn't entail abject idiocy, I have no problem with her execution. At this point however, I fear her capture will entail Euron using sharks with frikkin' laser beams. I'll lay odds that he says to Cersei at some point, "Oh, behave..."

Edited by Bannon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nikma said:

I disagree. I think it makes sense for Dany to burn KL and for Jon to be against

Yes it does, but not for him to murder her. It seems so OOC I have to wonder if others 'egg him on'...ha. I'm already getting past annoyance to the "Laugh don't cry" stage apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

It’s not about Missandei’s death alone. It’s about the leaks tied to it - that this will precipitate Dany losing it, everyone will betray her and Jon will ultimately kill her. 

If you go back and watch the way Dany and her story were written in the middle seasons, it’s truly unfathomable that this is where they were steering her. I don’t blame Dany fans at all for being upset that she goes out like that. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I just watched the videos of Missandei and Rhaegal's deaths. I hope Dany and Grey Worm kill a whole bunch of them before Jon kills them. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, nikma said:

This is third "holy shit" moment.

Is it me or wasn't this Arya? I mean I literally jumped out of my chair. I have never done that before. If you watch the reactions on you tube people were screaming at bars and pubs. 

I refuse to believe these *foilers*. Not at all consistent with what people have said about the season before. Such as Kit Harrington saying he was satisfied with the way the show ended. Or the ending being bittersweet.

These foilers are more like people rioting in the streets. 

• Love 2
(edited)

She is completely justified IMO - they took everything from her.

Poor Varys ☹️.   Bad Dany!  Enjoyed watching Varys (Conleth Hill) in scenes more than anyone on this show except for Olenna (Diana Rigg) but as far as regular stars - Lena Headey has made this show watchable. 

Edited by sunnyface
(edited)
12 minutes ago, nikma said:

Unfortunately, how they get to the point of having it makes sense for Dany to burn KL entails Dany lacking the intellectual capacity to beat my dog at checkers.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 2
(edited)

I remember years ago, purely book, thinking that Arya and Sam would be at Winterfell. In ruins but rebuilding. sam, the only surviving person who knew all the main players, writing his history. Nor necessarily ‘an item’.  In the North some rebuilding as well, spurred by wildings.  In KL Tyrion and Sansa rebuilding KL and the south. Perhaps an adopted dynasty. Everyone else dead or in Dorne  

No real idea now. 

Edited by Affogato
4 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Yes it does, but not for him to murder her. It seems so OOC I have to wonder if others 'egg him on'...ha. I'm already getting past annoyance to the "Laugh don't cry" stage apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think he will murder her because of that. I think this will be set up for second dance of dragons. He will want to take the Throne after this.

I think he will kill her in rushed decision and he will hate himsemlf for that.

1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

Recall that the final book's title was originally supposed to be A Time For Wolves. Now, we can assume that Jon is going to be broody and angry for a long time or the rest of his life. But if Arya, Sansa and Bran are generally happy or content, then that's what bittersweet might be referring to.

As long as the Pack survives, I'm happy with the ending. I'd prefer all Starks (John) included happy, at peace in Winterfell but, I'll take what I can get. John a lone Watcher on the Wall is bittersweet to me. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Unfortunately, how they get to the point of having it makes sense for Dany to burn KL entails Dany lacking the intellectual capacity to beat my dog at checkers.

I would burn KL afrer what happens next episode. Fuck them all. She will have only one dragon left. Burn them all.

• Love 1

I knew what I was getting into when I read these books back in the day. I knew it would be Jon vs. Dany, two heroes becoming antagonists to each other. The only thing I'm a little thrown off by is that the Dance of Dragons isn't on actual dragons. Instead, Jon fights like a wolf. In hindsight, it seems fitting now.

• Love 7

All of this speculation is looking like, once again, I will not be getting nice things from a tv show ending. I know it is not about me in anyway. But that is how I feel.

• Love 4
Just now, Colorful Mess said:

I knew what I was getting into when I read these books back in the day. I knew it would be Jon vs. Dany, two heroes becoming antagonists to each other. The only thing I'm a little thrown off by is that the Dance of Dragons isn't on actual dragons. Instead, Jon fights like a wolf. In hindsight, it seems fitting now.

Except it apparently isn't a 'fight'. It's Jon sucker-punching Dany when she least expects it. That's not a fight -  a fight I could reconcile and even get behind, assassination not so much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SeanC said:

If they were going to bring the Iron Bank back into the story they’d use Mark Gatiss’ character, and we’ve already been told he’s not in this season.

To rebuild fter the wars. Gatiss, so to soeak, off screen. 

6 minutes ago, nikma said:

I would burn KL afrer what happens next episode. Fuck them all. She will have only one dragon left. Burn them all.

What happens in the next episode only happens because the writers removed the intellects of nearly everybody at Winterfell, so the writers could obtain their Shocking and Tragic Plot Twists. It is the laziest writing imaginable, worthy of a mediocre drama on TBS, with scripts scribbled by tree sloths.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The video clips are clearly legit, and frankly I don't know what narrative point there is to dealing Dany all these losses in such a short timespan unless it's to unlock her ruthless conqueror mode.

Where are the video clips?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

I'm really hoping now that they did film fake scenes.

How much of this do we know is legit?  Earlier we had "spoilers" that the Golden Company would march on Winterfell right after the White Walkers and Melisandre would cause the wights to turn on the White Walkers.

They may have faked scenes where they had actors out in costume doing things. They did not fake scenes to the point where they put it on film and added CGI and effects. That's a huge waste of money. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Unsubscribing from HBO looks like an excellent decision with every passing minute.

David Milch,  an honest to goodness brilliant writer, looks to be delivering a final masterpiece in about 3 weeks. After that, who knows?

• Love 3
(edited)

Apparently Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle against the NK and Dany gets jealous.

If they want Jon to get the credit, then actually have him doing something for fuck's sake. They make him useless and the next episode, people will praise him and give him credit. Show Jon is like a parody of an actual hero at this point.

Tormund feels like wandering off and Jon asks him to take Ghost with him. I want Jon also to wander off this plot hell along with them.

23 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I dunno about the leaks, but he ends up in KL eventually, and since he isn't riding Rhaegal when he gets shot down, he must have a big argument with Dany over her decision to go to KL.

He will probably be brooding somewhere and show up and swing his sword around a few times and everyone will give him credit for saving KL or some such BS.

Edited by anamika
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

It would appear that Sophie Turner's "The Pack Survives" tattoo was indeed a spoiler after all. 

Here's what twists my melon - why dafuq did they have a combined Stark/Targaryen sigil prominent at the wrap party if this was the ending?? Weird.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, anamika said:

Apparently Tormund feels like wandering off and Jon asks him to take Ghost with him. I want Jon also to wander off this plot hell along with them.

At least this means that Tormund and Ghost survive.

• Love 7
Just now, SilverStormm said:

It would appear that Sophie Turner's "The Pack Survives" tattoo was indeed a spoiler after all. 

Not surprise about Sophie. That tattoo was so specific. I am surprised that Emilia got the three dragons tattoo given that two of the dragons and her character dies. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Here's what twists my melon - why dafuq did they have a combined Stark/Targaryen sigil prominent at the wrap party if this was the ending?? Weird.

Because Jon is a Targ and a Stark? Or maybe those Jonsa shippers were right all along? LOL 😂

• Love 3

It seems I'm only good with guessing ships and sex, LOL. I did say that Jaime and Brienne would bang in 8x04. I still hate that he's going to crawl up Cersei's butt again.

I've been 100% Team Arya when she wiped out her enemies for killing her family. I don't see how I could not be Team Daenerys if she does the same.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Reddit FreeFolk. We are not allowed to post them here.

Ok I just saw them. I frankly believe that D&D should be brought up on charges of fraud on the viewer. HBO will be cancelled tonight and if I ever get the opportunity to make D&D pay for their stupidity... i look forward to doing so. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

At least this means that Tormund and Ghost survive.

Thank god for small favors. Ghost, Arya and Nymeria. I just want these three to leave Westeros and go off and be happy.

You know I was actually thinking that Missandei would have been a good candidate for being an adviser on the council - intelligent, diplomatic, knows several languages and cultures. D&D brutally killing her off and having fucking Bronn on that council at the end? Fucking typical.

• Love 12
Just now, Happy Harpy said:

It seems I'm only good with guessing ships and sex, LOL. I did say that Jaime and Brienne would bang in 8x04. I still hate that he's going to crawl up Cersei's butt again.

The most recent leak says that Jaime doesn't betray anyone rather he vouches for Jon and sets a trap for Cersei to die. It does seem like he still dies. There was a blind gossip item that one of the characters gets pregnant so maybe it is Brienne. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, anamika said:

You know I was actually thinking that Missandei would have been a good candidate for being an adviser on the council - intelligent, diplomatic, knows several languages and cultures. D&D brutally killing her off and having fucking Bronn on that council at the end? Fucking typical.

It is so freaking sexist. Cersie is the crazy bad woman, Dani is the crazy bad woman with dragons... Bronn a man gets on the council and Jon, as usual, has everything go his way. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Because Jon is a Targ and a Stark?

True but Jon survives, he doesn't win in any sense of the word, if anything he loses personally. So it's still odd. Given these likely true spoilers - a Stark sigil would've been more fitting/apt.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, anamika said:

Remember this is Martin, not D&D. These plot points are so specifically designed to trigger Dany that I can only conclude that this is Martin's vision they are carrying out.

• Love 3

If this proves out, I'm half convinced these two guys wrote the story while emulating Hunter S. Thompson's behavior, in his autobiographical account of a weekend trip he took to Las Vegas. Wrote it in about as much time as that trip as well.

• Love 5