Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/22/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:  Chelsea Handler ("Chelsea"); "View Your Deal" with Gretta Monahan

Tuesday: Debra Messing (ABC's "Dirty Dancing")

Wednesday: 2 Chainz ("Pretty Girls Like Trap Music")

Thursday:  The Political View with Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld (?)

Friday: The 5th Annual View/ Chew Cook-Off hosted by Marc Summers; Tyrese Gibson ("The Fate of the Furious") (OAD 4/10/17)

(edited)

Wait, didn't they just do that stupid cook off challenge?

Spoiler

Sara and whoever her partner was (some blonde chick IIRC) won. I remember someone made cheesesteak, Sunny was really competitive, Whoopi seemed mad she lost, and Joy made something Italian with the bald headed guy.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Annual does still mean "once a year," right?  wth?

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
to add spoiler tags because god forbid I undermine the drama of the cooking challenge!
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, didn't they just do that stupid cook off challenge? Sara and whoever her partner was (some blonde chick IIRC) won. I remember someone made cheesesteak, Sunny was really competitive, Whoopi seemed mad she lost, and Joy made something Italian with the bald headed guy. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Annual does still mean "once a year," right?  wth?

It has the Original Air Date April 10th listed. Must be a rerun for Memorial Day weekend.

That segment with Chelsea was too damn short.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

It has the Original Air Date April 10th listed. Must be a rerun for Memorial Day weekend.

Oh, okay ... thanks for answering Jaded.  It's a re-run. Duh.  Maybe I shouldn't post before I have had my morning coffee, lol

If they are going to play a re-run, though, they should show an episode that got cut off by breaking news or something.  That's happened a lot lately.  I would think there are a lot of episodes to pick from.  Who wants to watch a cooking challenge twice?  Especially since I just spoiled it for anyone who didn't see it the first time around!  Maybe I should go back and add spoiler tags to my post ...

• Love 4

OY.  Covering your head in public is part of the Islam religion.  It is not required of anyone outside of that.  Drop it everyone.  

I miss Sarah, I like her. 

Oh please, Cher has had extensive plastic surgery all over her body.  Not criticizing that but let's not hold her up as a paragon of healthy living.  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought Paula was relegated to Friday-show-only status.

Not what she watched, what she saw listed as the upcoming Friday show

Thanks Sugar!!  That went right over my head ... LOL.

• Love 2

No Paula today.

I thought Paula was relegated to Friday-show-only status.

Thanks, Meedicine Crow and Haleth. 

Paula is normally only on Fridays but sometimes she pops up on other days if there was a planned absence.  Sarah came in today and left because she was sick.  Speaking of Sarah, today's show was not that good without her.  Most people say she doesn't add much to the show.  I disagree.  She adds heart and fun to the show.  It was very noticeably missing today.  Sherri, Paula (when she's not bullied) and Michelle had that magic as well.      

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Thanks, Meedicine Crow and Haleth. 

Paula is normally only on Fridays but sometimes she pops up on other days if there was a planned absence.  Sarah came in today and left because she was sick.  Speaking of Sarah, today's show was not that good without her.  Most people say she doesn't add much to the show.  I disagree.  She adds heart and fun to the show.  It was very noticeably missing today.  Sherri, Paula (when she's not bullied) and Michelle had that magic as well.      

I agree with all of the above except for Michelle. Nice person though unlike some others who have left.

12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, speaking of Sherri, what about that clip they showed?  A sparkling moment?  I'd call it cringeworthy. 

What did she do now? She makes me laugh most of the time but other times I think she is cringeworthy too.

3 hours ago, rcc said:

What did she do now? She makes me laugh most of the time but other times I think she is cringeworthy too.

It was the time when LL Cool J picked up Sherri, Elisabeth and Joy like a barbell.   

I agree with all of the above except for Michelle. Nice person though unlike some others who have left.

True.  I thought about that later after I included her.  I like her a lot but she brought more of the fun, not the "heart" aspect. 

• Love 2

I consider Sara more of a "glue" panelist and you need at least one of those on a show like this. She doesn't make the show herself, but when she's there, I can believe they might actually all be sitting around talking in the real world. Without her, the only two I could believe would actually talk to each other are Sunny and Joy. Sara seems like the only person who Whoopi doesn't hate and Sara herself goes out of her way to be nice to Jedi where nobody else does, which draws those two into the panel more than they would be without her there, imo.

Sunny/Joy/Sara are a nice hub for this show, and I hope they don't screw with those three going into next season (although hopefully they get rid of Jedi). Isn't this about the time the firings/gossip starts up every year?

• Love 12
18 hours ago, wings707 said:

Oh please, Cher has had extensive plastic surgery all over her body.  Not criticizing that but let's not hold her up as a paragon of healthy living.  

If you want to give yourself a good fright and see first hand what too much plastic surgery looks like, one has only to watch the movie Burlesque. Cher has had so much work done that when she talks, the only thing moving is her mouth! She looks creepy, eerie and plastic. Wonder if that's the look she was going for?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Yeah, sherri shrieking reminded me of how much I disliked her on the show. 

Sherri was an embarrassment on so many levels.   Even Whoopie would try to get her to stop her antics, to no avail.  A talk show format is not good for her at all.  However, she is very good when given a script and told what to do. I liked her on Precious,  she gave a very restrained and believable performance.  Left to her own devices, Sherry is a walking, talking disaster. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I consider Sara more of a "glue" panelist and you need at least one of those on a show like this. She doesn't make the show herself, but when she's there, I can believe they might actually all be sitting around talking in the real world. Without her, the only two I could believe would actually talk to each other are Sunny and Joy. Sara seems like the only person who Whoopi doesn't hate and Sara herself goes out of her way to be nice to Jedi where nobody else does, which draws those two into the panel more than they would be without her there, imo.

Sunny/Joy/Sara are a nice hub for this show, and I hope they don't screw with those three going into next season (although hopefully they get rid of Jedi). Isn't this about the time the firings/gossip starts up every year?

I agree.  This is a perfect description of Sarah's role.  I like her a lot.  

• Love 10

I thank Debra for saying what I was thinking:  if you know what an asshole thinks/believes, you're under no obligation to listen to his speech.  Even if he doesn't use it to espouse his racist/sexist/anti-LGBT position.  STFU Jediblahblah!!!

• Love 20

The Notre Dame kids left quietly, they didn't shout or do anything disruptive, they just exercised their right to conduct an orderly protest against someone whose opinions they consider abhorant. I applaud them for that. It figures that Jed was offended.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Jed also needs to have a word with the make-up person and tell them to dial back the lipstick a tad. It's too bright, shiny and distracting.

You think the gays and lesbians in makeup and wardrobe are going to let Little Miss Jediblahblah off the hook for all the awful anti-LGBT people she supports.  Oh no, they know what they are doing.  There's a reason why she looks like a former employee of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

You think the gays and lesbians in makeup and wardrobe are going to let Little Miss Jediblahblah off the hook for all the awful anti-LGBT people she supports.  Oh no, they know what they are doing.  There's a reason why she looks like a former employee of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus.

????????????????

• Love 5

Sherri was an embarrassment on so many levels.   Even Whoopie would try to get her to stop her antics, to no avail.  A talk show format is not good for her at all.  However, she is very good when given a script and told what to do. I liked her on Precious,  she gave a very restrained and believable performance.  Left to her own devices, Sherry is a walking, talking disaster. 

I quite like her when she's not spouting opinions.  She was funny as Robert's partner on Everybody Loves Raymond.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

This is the make up artist on The View.  Pretty sure she is straight and paid well since she won an Emmy for her work. 

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/pl5554876/VDKA0_0hq68qtf

Edited by wings707

Agree!  I'm sick of people saying how great all these old crocks look when they can barely move their faces and they won't admit to having had work (although I think Cher admits it).

• Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This is the make up artist on The View.  Pretty sure she is straight and paid well since she won an Emmy for her work. 

Just checked the Daytime Emmy nominations and there are three people in the makeup department, including the woman you mentioned.  I'm sure they are all allies of the LGBT community, as well as well paid, highly talented Emmy winners.  I'm sure they take a special delight in suggesting Jungle Red lipstick to Jediblahblah.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, useryikes said:

Agree!  I'm sick of people saying how great all these old crocks look when they can barely move their faces and they won't admit to having had work (although I think Cher admits it).

I must have turned this off too soon. I do not know why everyone bows down to Cher.  Just recently, they kissed her ass on the Talk, they kissed her ass on Fashion Police. She must be totally plastic (did they show the totally inappropriate outfit she was wearing on stage? It was frightening )  that has big time issues with aging. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just checked the Daytime Emmy nominations and there are three people in the makeup department, including the woman you mentioned.  I'm sure they are all allies of the LGBT community, as well as well paid, highly talented Emmy winners.  I'm sure they take a special delight in suggesting Jungle Red lipstick to Jediblahblah.

Lol. Very possible! 

• Love 2

Hey Jed - STFU and, oh yeah, LISTEN!!! She was unbearable today. About Pence, and to Debra about how she watched when she was school and all her LGBTQ friends were stressed coming out, etc. 

I loved when Sunny commented she went to Notre Dame.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I'm straight but if I could stick it to someone who was to put it mildly "unfriendly" to LGBT community I most certainly would. With a big smile on my face.

• Love 7

I noticed the producer has told them to curb the interrupting.  Jed can make her point in 2 sentences but she chooses to use 17.  She went on and on and on about kids needing to be represented on TV and with toys. Yes, topic has been covered in the media for years.   She loves to hear herself talk.  No one interrupted her to cut her rambling short.  

3 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I'm straight but if I could stick it to someone who was to put it mildly "unfriendly" to LGBT community I most certainly would. With a big smile on my face.

Of course.  I hit send before I was finished with my post (pool guy came).  I intended to say sexual orientation has nothing to do with what is right. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree, and I think Sherri often is playing a character when she should be just being herself.  The clip that was shown was an example of when Sherri was trying too hard.

• Love 2

Today I missed Michele Collins. Jed talked about the bachelorette show, and was obviously completely uninformed and unfamiliar with the show.  

I just think if they don't know much about a TV show, they can skip the discussion entirely.  Michele followed the show in a "guilty pleasure" way, and I liked that she was into it, but skeptical. 

• Love 5

Whoopi, the arbiter of fashion and style, (wearing her high-fashion runway-ready lab coat), schools all the ladies about what swimsuit they (and all women) should wear and leaves me with the lingering image of her in whichever swimsuit she feels like wearing. The horror.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Whoopi, the arbiter of fashion and style, (wearing her high-fashion runway-ready lab coat), schools all the ladies about what swimsuit they (and all women) should wear and leaves me with the lingering image of her in whichever swimsuit she feels like wearing. The horror.

@Morgalisa, thanks for bringing this up.  That was the weirdest segment ever.  Joy just admits she doesn't wear a bathing suit, which is not that unusual for people who don't want to swim.  But when Whoopi is asked if she wears one piece or two, she answers that it depends, or some such nonsense. And then she explains to Sunny, as if she is an idiot, that there are some good swimwear shops, and she'll let her know.  ARGH!  And Jed pretends that she looks bad in a bathing suit because she has cellulite and stretch marks.

It's actually a valid topic, it is very stressful finding a bathing suit, but Whoopi is so wise, she just rolls her eyes at all of them.

I was wondering why Joy made the point saying that the Show used to do segments on how to find the right bathing suit, but they don't anymore and other shows do that now.  That was weird too.  Are they above it now?  Because now they have the View you Deal nonsense, and other meaningless giveaway/contests segments.

• Love 8