Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Where Are They Now? Joe W. and Pauline LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

I get that the running shoes will offer better support and cushion and such, but given that her feet are so swollen and she is so disabled, isn't there another option that would be more slip-on or velcro-adjustable across the instep? 

AND she leaves the store bare-footed!! NOOOO!!!!

I seriously can't.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

Don't Sketchers come in wider sizes?

I think so - and the down-side of Crocs is that if it's an issue of wide AND a high (due to swelling) instep, I don't know of any crocs that would have enough give.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Smoothcoat said:

It's gotta be better than that boring skin show.

Yeah... Why do we hate that skin show so much?  I despise it.  Reason 1 - they show the patients their cut-off flesh in a wheel barrell while they are recovering for anesthesia. Reason 2- the formerly-obese patients still seem disfigured (poor souls) after a year of being cut up and restitched, with gross tubes and bottles containing disturbingly yellow and red body fluids hanging from their crevaces.... Reason 3...etc. etc.. 

Edited by Carrie
  • Love 7

Oh Pauline, you just be sooooooo pweshus, you can't wear shoes on your feet, you need a shopping cart to walk, Dr. Now doesn't understand how painful therapy is, and you're still dragging your poor son to an early grave. Way to go you miserable, fucking BITCH!!!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Oops, Pauline is going to do it at her pace, her way and on her timetable. Kiss of death. 

Yes, Pauline. Because that's worked out so well so far. ?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Oh My. said:

I really am grossed out by Pauline's codependent relationship with her son.  He is psychologically ruined and seriously needs help to escape that unhealthy dynamic.

Yes, she should be tried for murdering him. 

Poor Dillie, Moe Howard called and wants his hair-do back.

• Love 16
Just now, Cherrio said:

Yes, she should be tried for murdering him. 

Poor Dillie, Moe Howard called and wants his hair-do back.

I remember in her initial episode, he very slowly began gaining weight and became more quiet and withdrawn.  Sad to watch!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

My EX husband had feet that were thick, he needed wide and deep shoes and that may be Pauline's problem? Although with all her "ouchies" I assume she has a low pain tolerance.

Well she sure as shit is testing MY pain tolerance! I'd like to give that heifer an ouchie she'll never forget!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm not going to snark on her getting shoes. She seemed really embarrassed. I bet she doesn't have anyone but Dylan and a medical person touching her legs and feet. Even tho she may realize on one level that she needs to get the shoes, on another level, I can't imagine going into a shoe store in her situation and hoping 1. there are shoes that will fit and 2. the salesperson won't laugh or make a rude remark.  Good for you, Pauline. Now get some new pants...

What?  I'm writing this nice tribute and you aren't wearing the friggin' shoes?  What? Dang. Just go get in a pool then. And you need to walk more than 3x a week. Double dang. I just can't be nice to some people.

I did really like the way the salesperson handled the situation with what he said about her not "being used to" or something like that and so he would help her put on the shoes. Well done, salesperson. He did a good job of making it less awkward for her. 

Joe is woman. There is just all there is to it. 

• Love 11

I had forgotten why I disliked her so much, I was thinking she wasn't so bad. Then I saw the weird dynamic with her son and the inability to wear shoes, (It's hard, ya'll!!!!) and the fact that she's a total whiner that can't stand any amount of pain. Now I remember!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Oops, Pauline is going to do it at her pace, her way and on her timetable. Kiss of death. 

That's exactly how she ended up at 600+ pounds!!!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, okerry said:

No way Pauline couldn't get a walker if she wants one. They're relatively cheap and I'm sure Dr. Now's office would arrange for that.

Why get a walker when you can have your son steal a grocery cart and complete the "I live in the depth of desperation and despair" theme.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

WTF? Get your ass over there and bring your mom to the wedding. What a selfish @ss!!!!

It's our fault for not giving enough money to his gofundme

• Love 8

Joe is now on my shit list. He threw momma from the train once he got a girl giving him some attention. Now he's like "welp I have to move on with my life too bad Mom can't make it to my wedding". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Oh God, is that a "beard" on Joe's chin???

No worries. Whitney Way Thore has a "beard" on her face, too. Morbidly obese females usually have such messed-up hormones that it can easily happen. 

• Love 9

Wow, Joe looks like a little kid in his face from the weight loss.

Damn Joe, in one breath you say your mom is the reason you got this far, in the next it's like, oh well she needs help to get to my wedding, hope she can make it. WTF?

• Love 8

Joe is a man that doesn't read cues very well. His mom was trying to say without flat out saying that she would like him to help her and he's all, bummer you can't come mom, K thanks Bye!!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

My EX husband had feet that were thick, he needed wide and deep shoes and that may be Pauline's problem? Although with all her "ouchies" I assume she has a low pain tolerance.

There HAVE to be shoes out there (maybe hard to find, maybe expensive, maybe not all that cute, maybe maybe maybe) that would fit her and be relatively comfortable and not make her feel like she is going to trip and/or fall. There are people with foot issues that need special shoes. There have to be options. But she probably STILL would find an excuse not to wear them because then she'd have to USE them. 

• Love 1