Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Where Are They Now? Joe W. and Pauline LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Geez Pauline ............... Me, me, me, me, me. What about how you've fucked up your son's life.

Worried about your teeth, naw you just wanted some pain meds Pauline!

BTW, where does all this money come from for brand new teeth and nice cars?

• Love 4
Just now, CouchTater said:

I didn't know all that was possible in 1 dental appointment.  I only half-watched, what did she have done, exactly?  Were any teeth pulled?

The dentist said she was going to build up and then put on crowns. 

• Love 1

I didn't know all that was possible in 1 dental appointment.  I only half-watched, what did she have done, exactly?  Were any teeth pulled?

No way. She needs a deep cleaning for her gums before they can even think about anything else. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Did anybody watch Skin Tight a couple weeks ago? Big guy who used to be a pastor went to see Now trying to get skin removal at 475 pounds! He brought home some skinny mini girlfriend soon after. I thought it had to be so fake or the girl had major, major baggage.

Edited by junip
  • Love 3

Must be nice to be able to take the time to lose weight and have skin surgery BEFORE moving out on your own. Joe should be ashamed of living in somebody else's momma house without a job. Drive for uber, deliver pizzas, anything!

• Love 14
(edited)
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

OK, so I guess yay for Joe wanting to work, but it's not 1953, Sarah is free to work and help support them.

The cynic in me says that was some of his appeal for her.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Mom: "cause she's fat she can't brush her teeth? Her hand can't reach her mouth???"

As long as there is Cheese Whip on the toothbrush.

• Love 5
Just now, Brooklynista said:

Must be nice to be able to take the time to lose weight and have skin surgery BEFORE moving out on your own. Joe should be ashamed of living in somebody else's momma house without a job. Drive for uber, deliver pizzas, anything!

Especially since he worked in IT before he started breaking towel racks.  Should be easy to find a job with his background.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

It will be a long time before he can get a job if he has to wait for skin surgery and then have recovery time. And a minimum wage job isn't going to support 3 people. 

Maybe not, but it might help with the cable bill, the car insurance or a just couple of bucks in Sarah's mother's pocket. And yes, Sarah should get off her duff and look for work as well.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

Joe looked so bully-able when he was "running" up that little hill.  I'm not a mean girl, but seriously dude?  You're not ready for that.

My husband starting humming Chariots of Fire when he started running.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I wonder if she could get something similar to horseshoes. You know, semi permanently attached?

Your horseshoe invention would be perfect for Steven Assanti's hooves.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

Maybe not, but it might help with the cable bill the car insurance. And yes, Sarah should get off her duff and look for work as well.

And if he knows he's going to have to take off a long time for the skin removal, then a "throw away" job that would be more intentionally temporary but bring in some money and get him out and in the working world would not be a bad thing. At least TRY and contribute something. Then look for something more permanent in your field post-skin removal.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Maybe not, but it might help with the cable bill, the car insurance or a just couple of bucks in Sarah's mother's pocket. And yes, Sarah should get off her duff and look for work as well.

She post on her Facebook page that she works at Target.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, junip said:

Big guy who used to be a pastor went to see Now trying to get skin removal at 475 pounds! He brought home some skinny mini girlfriend soon after. I thought it had to be so fake or the girl had major, major baggage

I am divorced and in my *cough* 40's and you should see the pot bellied bald men with crappy personalities who think they deserve a hot young chick with a rocking body. So glad I have a decent significant other I have been with for years because the dating world is some scary stuff.

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

This strapless wedding dress trend must die. Titty back doesn't look good on anyone.

Okay, okay Brooklynista just became the latest drawer snatcher with that one! Between her, Mama Anchorabu, and so many others, I can't keep up so I'm just gonna throw a huge pile of gasoline soaked, gender appropriate garments in a pile and you all can grab whatever suits you. There's panties, bras, Speedos, Spanx, Jock straps, thongs, tampons and condoms.............

Aaaaaaannnnd with those last two, I'll see myself out!

Edited to add Threnners to the growing list!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To add additional comments.
  • Love 13
Just now, Azubah said:

Not necessarily. Did you see how broken and gnarly her teeth were?

Yes, the damage would be covered, but not veneers. We didn't see the whole procedure. Veneers are expen$ive.

(edited)

Aww, they're holding hands in the exam room.  Reminds of Lupe on the ambulance stretcher holding hands with Gilbert while they were in the exam room.

Edited by Barb23
Just now, peaceknit said:

es, the damage would be covered, but not veneers. We didn't see the whole procedure. Veneers are expen$ive.

Odds are they were crowns, though. Temp crowns for now. I wanted veneers but my dentist said I have to get crowns. And crowns are easier to justify medically.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Okay, okay Brooklynista just became the latest drawer snatcher with that one! Between her, Mama Anchorabu, and so many others, I can't keep up so I'm just gonna throw a huge pile of gasoline soaked, gender appropriate garments in a pile and you all can grab whatever suits you. There's panties, bras, Speedos, Spanx, Jock straps, thongs, tampons and condoms.............

Aaaaaaannnnd with those last two, I'll see myself out!

...everyone jump in the handbasket to hell; my unicorns are flying, lmao.

• Love 7