Type keyword(s) to search

Good Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

So how did Dean lose his job? Did I miss something? Is it because the FBI raided the place?

FBI said it would take a while. I think it's being treated as a "crime scene" right now. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

So how did Dean lose his job? Did I miss something? Is it because the FBI raided the place?

This is not always the case. My younger sister called 911 while playing around and when they answered she hung up. They immediately called back and my mom explained what happened. They never sent anyone out to check on anything.

Now that Rio has pretty much kicked Beth to the curb since she's just "a work thing", do yall think she'll still go through with the divorce from Dean, or was she filing for divorce in hopes of being with Rio?

If Dean is onboard with her criminal lifestyle she will probably stay married to him. From what I understand, it was actually Dean who wanted the divorce to protect the family.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GussieK said:
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn’t the reason he wanted so much upfront—more than the usual retainer—was because Ruby was paying him with counterfeit money? I got the impression he was going to launder it through his firm, and the extra was his cut.

$10,000 is peanuts as a retainer for a criminal defense case like this one.  That was not more than the usual.  And defense lawyers have to get their money up front, bc the clients aren't going to pay if the are convicted. 

Ruby gave the lawyer a lot more than $10,000. I wasn't counting, but I remember the lawyer saying something like, "That will cost you an extra $30,000 for the trouble," which is why I thought he was laundering the money.

2 hours ago, deaja said:

But her income hadn't changed since her husband died.

She had a decent chunk of change while she was blackmailing the women, but that didn't last long.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I'm mad that Stan is probably going to prison over a bullshit non-case. I know public defenders are overworked (and in Detroit I'm sure that's doubly so), but I feel like Stan's case is so flimsy that even an overworked PD could get it tossed.

This annoys me as well. Chain of evidence is super important in a case, so proving that things went wonky should be enough to get Stan's case tossed or at least reduced to a misdemeanor or something pretty tame.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Did the girls threaten to turn Mary Pat in for fraud? Because they've got her dead to rights there. Her husband's death was an accident (although isn't mutilating a corpse also a crime?), but cashing a dead person's disability checks = prison time & fines.

Do the women know Mary Pat is cashing disability checks illegally? The Mary Pat stuff is all over the place. I wish they'd dealt with her more consecutively. I get that maybe Allison Tolman wasn't available, but that's what contracts are for. Lock the actors down for the time you need them.

27 minutes ago, Jennabelle88 said:

Now that Rio has pretty much kicked Beth to the curb since she's just "a work thing", do yall think she'll still go through with the divorce from Dean, or was she filing for divorce in hopes of being with Rio?

I think Beth is done with Dean. Getting Rio would be nice, but that's not why she's divorcing Dean. Though I can see some plot point stalling the divorce.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, qtpye said:

If Dean is onboard with her criminal lifestyle she will probably stay married to him. From what I understand, it was actually Dean who wanted the divorce to protect the family

You're right. My bad. I forgot that.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ruby gave the lawyer a lot more than $10,000. I wasn't counting, but I remember the lawyer saying something like, "That will cost you an extra $30,000 for the trouble," which is why I thought he was laundering the money.

This was my understanding as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennabelle88 said:

His dealership? Probably closed down at least temporarily due to the raid. The new job? Being his usual arrogant dumbass self who thinks he’s way better than he is, he defied what his boss told him about “no haggling”, soaked a customer for an extra $3000, and then refused to refund the extra money. (Exactly WTF did he think “no haggling” meant?!)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, deaja said:

Even if he's getting his information from Mary Pat, he's not wrong. Beth is in deep and she doesn't care about it.  When Ruby got in on the plot, her motive was to save her daughter. Annie was to try to keep custody of her son. Beth and Dean were living a lifestyle they couldn't afford and she didn't realize it. 

I don't understand a lot of the Mary Pat stuff. (Like I understand the logistics but I feel it doesn't make sense from a story view.)  First, she was so desperate for money because her husband died so she got involved with the girls. But her income hadn't changed since her husband died. Then she knew Boomer wasn't dead, but she gave the girls a fake body.  She was so worried about going to jail for murder that she told on them, but there wasn't even a murder so she could have easily avoided that.

I don't understand, either. Maybe Boomer promised to stay away, if she played along. The only trouble is, if the FBI found the body, they should be able to tell through DNA testing, that it isn't him. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Was anyone else grossed out by Dean’s spaghetti antics? I guess that was the character having a mini breakdown?

It was Dean letting Beth know that he didn't care if his uniform shirt was irretrievably stained, because he wasn't going back to work there.

8 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

(Exactly WTF did he think “no haggling” meant?!)

Of course he knew; but like the scorpion in the folk tale, 'it's in his nature'- even if it doomed him. The real question is why he took a job there in the first place; there are still plenty of traditional dealerships (with haggling allowed) around. This plot line seems to give Dean a (bogus) reason to get into crime- ' I can't work for somebody else; I tried it and it didn't work, so I'm just gonna HAVE to run drugs (or pills)'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Of course he knew; but like the scorpion in the folk tale, 'it's in his nature'- even if it doomed him. The real question is why he took a job there in the first place; there are still plenty of traditional dealerships (with haggling allowed) around. This plot line seems to give Dean a (bogus) reason to get into crime- ' I can't work for somebody else; I tried it and it didn't work, so I'm just gonna HAVE to run drugs (or pills)'.

EXACTLY.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

It was Dean letting Beth know that he didn't care if his uniform shirt was irretrievably stained, because he wasn't going back to work there.

I got what he was doing with the shirt but just thought it was annoying. You are right about the dealerships. The only dealership I know that does no haggling is Carmax. Most places would love to have a closer like Dean.

50 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I got what he was doing with the shirt but just thought it was annoying. You are right about the dealerships. The only dealership I know that does no haggling is Carmax. Most places would love to have a closer like Dean.

I think it was also though showing again what a child Dean is.  Smearing spaghetti on his shirt like that?  My 3 year old knows better!

2 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

The plot WRT both Mary Pat and Boomer just seems so slapped together, the latest developments seem like an afterthought.

Ooooohhhhh! I wonder if this was added because they were picked up for a third season!

• Useful 4

I'm kind of over the cop turning up at the family's church. Wouldn't that be considered harassment if this went to trial? 

Then again, he followed Beth to the QuikieMart, so who knows?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought the fancy lawyer knew Ruby was paying him in counterfeit money? His snippiness was hypocritical, and really, he was an idiot in the first place to accept fake dough, no matter how safely he thought he could launder it.

I was confused about that too. Why would the lawyer be dumb enough to deposit counterfeit into his own bank account? Maybe he didn't actually know it was counterfeit (although that seemed like it was the case when he was demanding a higher fee from Ruby). Maybe he just thought she had obtained the money illegally through drug sales or something.

I thought that was the case. That even if you accidentally dial 911 they will still send someone out.

They will if you don't say anything, but if you say "Sorry, I dialed this by accident" they usually won't. I know from experience. 

Was anyone else grossed out by Dean’s spaghetti antics? 

Yes. The squishy sounds it made when he was rubbing it into his shirt were icky, especially to anyone who has a mild case of misophonia. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

This confused me so much at first, but I think I see what you mean. When she rejected Rio initially, I think she still didn't really see him as a person or care about him outside of how he made her feel. Following him around for a day and then breaking into his home seemed to change that for her, and maybe she felt some regret. I don't think she had Rio in mind when signing those divorce papers, though. I think she signed them because they are at odds about her lifestyle, and she knew the marriage wouldn't be able to hold together under that strain. If he gets on board with her lifestyle, they may stay together for the kids, or even do the house swap thing he suggested but on much more amicable terms. I just hope they don't have her reconnect with him romantically because Beth needs a little time alone to figure herself out, especially since Dean's behavior is what messed her up so badly in the first place.

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Wow, that went right over my head, lol. I thought it was just a weird tantrum, too, but that makes more sense.

14 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

Ooooohhhhh! I wonder if this was added because they were picked up for a third season!

I don't think so, unless they did some reshoots. S2 was already written and filmed before they were picked up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WAnglais1 said:

I'm kind of over the cop turning up at the family's church. Wouldn't that be considered harassment if this went to trial? 

I thought it was harassment, too. And talking to the kids? That’s way over the line. I’d threaten a lawsuit if I were Ruby and her husband. They still have rights, even when they’re under investigation.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

It was Dean who filed, no? She just agreed to the divorce because what else was she going to do? I don't think she wants to stay married to him at all - her concern was access to her kids. If Dean wanted, he could easily say "Full custody for me or I turn you in for all your shit," which would ALSO result in full custody for him because she'd go to prison.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Maybe he didn't actually know it was counterfeit (although that seemed like it was the case when he was demanding a higher fee from Ruby). Maybe he just thought she had obtained the money illegally through drug sales or something.

Yes, this is right. Last episode he was like "So what did you do to get this money?" when she showed up with the $10K retainer in cash and I forget what Ruby said in response (and I don't think he was actually expecting her to answer truthfully), but he told her that he'd need $20K (I think) on top of the $10K retainer in exchange for discretion. I'm sure he assumed she did something illegal for it and he was prepared to look the other way (I highly doubt it's the first time he, a defense attorney, has been paid with ill-gotten gains), but he didn't know it was counterfeit until this episode.

1 hour ago, LaMatadita said:

I just hope they don't have her reconnect with him romantically because Beth needs a little time alone to figure herself out, especially since Dean's behavior is what messed her up so badly in the first place.

There is absolutely nothing romantic between them, for me. They didn't even look like a couple who has been married for 20 years and lacks passion but still cares for each other. It seems like she can't stand him (which I get). And if they hadn't had sex for two years AND they hadn't even talked about it, shit was pretty bad between them before Dean's cheating and money mismanagement.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do the women know Mary Pat is cashing disability checks illegally? The Mary Pat stuff is all over the place.

Oh, you're right, I don't think they do. Damn - that would solve their problem pretty easily, although it would fuck up the kids' lives. The Mary Pat stuff feels very sloppy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought it was harassment, too. And talking to the kids? That’s way over the line. I’d threaten a lawsuit if I were Ruby and her husband. They still have rights, even when they’re under investigation.

Too bad she burned her lawyer with bunk cash.

• Love 1

I found the scene when Mary Pat hit Boomer with her car and then freaked out trying to figure out what to do about it....against that elevator music/song...and then realized the kids were oblivious because of their devices, etc...to be hilarious. Well done, very comedic.

I don't want Dean and Beth joining forces to be criminals.

When Beth got upset because Rio said it was just business...I was like, girl, what did you expect? She was acting like a little high school girl who got rejected. Boo-hoo. Sorry Beth.

That grandma is a sneak...first she lied about Gloria Pritchett's recipe...now this! Tsk, tsk.

• Love 14
(edited)

This is the song. It was out when I was a kid, I guess I'll always associate it with Boomer almost getting bumped off now. I just laughed again, thinking of her dragging him off to this. 

Edited by Anela
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, Empress1 said:

There is absolutely nothing romantic between them, for me. They didn't even look like a couple who has been married for 20 years and lacks passion but still cares for each other. It seems like she can't stand him (which I get). And if they hadn't had sex for two years AND they hadn't even talked about it, shit was pretty bad between them before Dean's cheating and money mismanagement.

I feel the same way you do, but I also feel like the writers have tried to make Dean more sympathetic this season. Combine that with the possibility of Dean finally embracing the criminal activity, and the additional possibility of things being truly over with Rio... I do worry that they'll just have her bounce back to Dean and have them rekindle something. I'm not terribly opposed to the idea of them becoming platonic life partners/partners in crime, but nothing romantic, because that dude treated her like garbage and has refused to take any responsibility for his role in setting her on her current trajectory in the first place.

16 hours ago, mansfolly said:

When Beth got upset because Rio said it was just business...I was like, girl, what did you expect? She was acting like a little high school girl who got rejected. Boo-hoo. Sorry Beth.

I was definitely struggling with her attitude towards Rio in this episode. I know she has very little experience with men and is very insecure after being screwed around on, but her extreme emotional reactions and vindictiveness toward Rio every time she thinks he's not completely enamored with her can be hard to take. She seduced him, then threw money at him like a hooker and kicked him out of her house, followed by blocking his number, causing him to first have to track her down in person to warn her about the FBI and then send her body parts to get her attention (which, ew, but I also sort of get it because she would have just ignored anything less extreme, and he knew it). And then she broke into his house! (Which, yes, he has also done to her, but only in the first season. He has not entered her house uninvited at all this season, at least not that I remember.) Not to mention the fact that he has given her advice about this whole situation repeatedly, and she has repeatedly ignored that advice! And she's, what, surprised that he's not jumping at the chance to clean up her mess for her again? She is work, and a lot of it. He may be making her sweat, and he may be petty, but Beth would be just as petty if the tables were turned.

I get her, I really do, but she can be a lot to take...

Edited by LaMatadita
  • Love 7
(edited)

BOOMER WHY WONT YOU DIE?!? The motherfucker is truly a cockroach, he just keeps slimming away from near death experience after near death experience. Someone please just kill him! Mary Pat is nuts and understandably hates him, let her try again! As ridiculous as it is that no one notices Mary Pats hijinks, I did crack up when she ran around looking at seemingly dead Boomer, while her kids are too distracted by their devices to notice anything. 

"She’s like a gazelle!"

Turner following Ruby and her family to church really crosses a line. I know he is technically a good guy, but he sucks. They really do need to sue for harassment, he has followed their kids, been at their church, and come to their house even without a warrant. Maybe they should tell his boyfriend that he used him to harass children?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Turner following Ruby and her family to church really crosses a line. I know he is technically a good guy

Is he? I have no idea if I think Turner is a good guy or not. Isn't he asking a cop to admit to something he didn't do? 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

Is he? I have no idea if I think Turner is a good guy or not. Isn't he asking a cop to admit to something he didn't do? 

Taking the pen cap from the evidence locker? He did do that.

• Love 5

This show requires me to suspend disbelief entirely too much.  Mary Pat's husband dies and she is able to keep it under wraps.  How does she keep her three hellions from telling that secret?!?!?  Oh yes, the one son did spill the beans to the FBI guy, but that was a contrived plot point.  The husband never interacted with anyone else?  He didn't have any family to wonder about him?  No one would recognize that he's gone and a NEW guy suddenly is hanging around.  Also, breaking into the MP's mailbox in broad daylight?  Plus, why would the mailbox have a lock on it in the first place?  How would the mail-person be able to put mail in the box?  It's a neighborhood, not an apartment complex where the mail is behind a multitude of locked boxes.

With all the mistakes that these three make, they should be in jail hundred times over.  Many of the mistakes are unforced errors.  Robbing the same store multiple times, handling a dead body without any gloves, throwing counterfeit money around like it's real money (pay-day loan place, using it for retainer at law firm), taking kids to a drug deal, and others.  The FBI guy doesn't need to harass Ruby and family.  If he just staked them out or had an undercover (someone they don't know) follow them, it wouldn't take long to gather evidence to arrest them all.  His interaction with Ruby is just dumb.  Why even let them know he's on to them? He's giving his advantage away and I seriously doubt law enforcement would do that.

The show is interesting to watch, but oh so frustrating.  So, Beth just let it drop that those teens dug up the yard and stole her/their money.  One attempt to get it back and then it's dropped?  Wasn't Rio going to get the money back for them?  Pretty sure they could have thought of something.  They only had to deal with the one girl since the boys were out of the picture.  But, then the show couldn't have them get the money back because that would kill the "money problems" storyline they're all experiencing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PsychoDrone said:

The show is interesting to watch, but oh so frustrating.  So, Beth just let it drop that those teens dug up the yard and stole her/their money.  One attempt to get it back and then it's dropped?  Wasn't Rio going to get the money back for them?  Pretty sure they could have thought of something.  They only had to deal with the one girl since the boys were out of the picture.  But, then the show couldn't have them get the money back because that would kill the "money problems" storyline they're all experiencing.

This drove me crazy. I found it so contrived that they couldn't figure out how to get that money back from those 2 idiots and their slightly smarter... girlfriend? They gave up SO easily, just because the writers needed them to not be able to get the money back in order to move the plot along. It's a good thing I don't watch this show for the plot, which is sloppy and full of holes. I usually enjoy the character relationships and think those elements are done well, so that's definitely what keeps me coming back. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Taking the pen cap from the evidence locker? He did do that.

I know Stan took the pen cap. Turner was saying he would find a cop who would lie and say they saw him steal the pen cap. 

I think Turner is a dirty cop, as does Stan when he said "You and I are nothing alike, brotha" (paraphrased).

Here's how a reviewer summed it up because I can't rewatch the episode right now. Emphasis mine.

When Agent Turner started questioning Stan, it was clear he’s not a man who is willing to play by the rules. Stan should have been offered a lawyer and the interview should have been recorded. However, neither of those things clearly happened.

We could see there was no lawyer present, but what makes me think it wasn’t recorded? Agent Turner had no issue in telling Stan that he had no proof that Stan stole the pen cap or that he’d find someone willing to tattle on Stan. It’s clear that Turner is grasping at straws right now.

It irritates me that Turner is willing to do this. Okay, Ruby and co. did rob the grocery store. They are the ones who dumped Boomer’s body. And Stan did definitely steal that pen cap.

This whole situation makes me wonder how far Turner is willing to go. How dirty will he play?

• Love 5

I'd like to know why Turner is so fixated on bringing down the women. The first season we knew he was after Rio and was going through the women for that. But now it seems that's been forgotten and Turner has this weird obsession with only the women. It could be seen as misogyny, really.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

While I think the premise of the show is these girls bumbling into crime, they aren't bumbling so much as idiots. They keep digging deeper because they are stupid and don't learn. I would much prefer the show show them learning. Even Nancy Botwin learned.

• Burying the cash in the backyard in the first place. Where Dean knew about it. Didn't Rio make a whole point of showing them how to get a storage locker?!?
  • Ruby and Beth letting teenagers girlfriend pull a gun on them because they failed to get away with their reclaimed cash due to petty bickering. Like, bicker later, dummies!  I would have jumped that girl to keep that hard earned money.
  • Ruby dumping the canada loot; Annie hiding the stuff in the cooler was lame though the show thought it was clever.
  • Ruby thinking she could pass 30g counterfeit to a LAWYER.
  • burying the body in the garden on their own property; hello STORAGE LOCKER or even just moving it to a different container in the grocery freezer.

Turner is most definitely dirty, in the ends justify the means way. Intimidating a witness, planting evidence, all not good things.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, PsychoDrone said:

Also, breaking into the MP's mailbox in broad daylight?  Plus, why would the mailbox have a lock on it in the first place?  How would the mail-person be able to put mail in the box?  It's a neighborhood, not an apartment complex where the mail is behind a multitude of locked boxes.

They would put letters through a slot. Packages would have to be taken to the front door.

7 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

They would put letters through a slot. Packages would have to be taken to the front door.

I concede on the point about the mailbox.  Found out that those types of mailboxes do exist.

I would like to see the ladies smarten up.  I don't expect them to be criminal masterminds, but I don't want to see them do things so stupid that any normal person with half a brain wouldn't do.  On numerous occasions, they've demonstrated signs of genius, but other times "get the idiot ball" and amateurish doesn't truly define their idiocy.  It's a wonder that Rio still works with them since their ineptitude could come back to hurt him.

• Love 2

Also, Mary Pat was very open about her engagement to Boomer.  You don't think the whole husband that hadn't been reported dead might be an issue?  I really feel like they dropped the ball with this whole plot.

4 hours ago, deaja said:

Also, Mary Pat was very open about her engagement to Boomer.  You don't think the whole husband that hadn't been reported dead might be an issue?  I really feel like they dropped the ball with this whole plot.

How does the FBI not know about the missing (as far as they know) husband?  Since Mary Pat is being used as an informant, or suspect, the FBI didn't do a background check on her? 

FBI guy:  "Mary Pat [last name], 4 kids, currently married to [husband's name].  Wait a minute, where is the husband?  Why is she running around with this Boomer guy?  Mary Pat, I have some questions about your husband and your current relationship with Boomer."  This should have triggered a missing person/potential murder investigation.

Very sloppy show.  In attempt to work a twist into the show, they only opened a MASSIVE can of worms.  Show: "audience, please suspend disbelief and don't pay attention to the plot holes you could fly a airplane through."

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, PsychoDrone said:

How does the FBI not know about the missing (as far as they know) husband?  Since Mary Pat is being used as an informant, or suspect, the FBI didn't do a background check on her? 

FBI guy:  "Mary Pat [last name], 4 kids, currently married to [husband's name].  Wait a minute, where is the husband?  Why is she running around with this Boomer guy?  Mary Pat, I have some questions about your husband and your current relationship with Boomer."  This should have triggered a missing person/potential murder investigation.

Very sloppy show.  In attempt to work a twist into the show, they only opened a MASSIVE can of worms.  Show: "audience, please suspend disbelief and don't pay attention to the plot holes you could fly a airplane through."

Especially with a US government issued disability check going to the husband. It is leverage to make Mary Pat a snitch.

So maybe Agent Turner does know. We just haven't been told that he knows.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Raja said:

Especially with a US government issued disability check going to the husband. It is leverage to make Mary Pat a snitch.

So maybe Agent Turner does know. We just haven't been told that he knows.

Oh, there’s another giant plot hole! The government doesn’t issue paper checks for recurring deposits anymore, only direct deposit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I have no idea if I think Turner is a good guy or not. Isn't he asking a cop to admit to something he didn't do? 

We're clearly meant to side with the ladies. The turning point for me was when Turner was laughing about Noah getting Annie into bed.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, eat said:

Oh, there’s another giant plot hole! The government doesn’t issue paper checks for recurring deposits anymore, only direct deposit. 

This is untrue. I work at a bank. Most people have swapped over to direct deposit, but we still see tons of paper checks on the first and third. The government was supposed to do away with them entirely a year ago, but that never happened.

• Useful 6
On 5/23/2019 at 1:16 PM, deaja said:

They even went for a cake tasting at the grocery store Boomer used to manage.

• Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, Jennabelle88 said:

This is untrue. I work at a bank. Most people have swapped over to direct deposit, but we still see tons of paper checks on the first and third. The government was supposed to do away with them entirely a year ago, but that never happened.

Interesting! I feel like they basically threatened to never send me my check again if I didn’t do direct deposit, but the one consistent thing about the government is their inconsistency!

• Love 4

Season finale synopsis:

"King"

Turner has Beth in checkmate. The women must contend with a rotten egg from the past. Rio makes a grand gesture for Beth, and a new business opportunity presents itself.

And promo:

I noticed that they never posted the promo for the finale on the official YouTube channel, which seems really strange. Maybe their social media person messed up? Every other promo is usually posted by Tuesday or Wednesday and then taken down the following week, but this one was never posted at all.

Anyway, a couple of basic finale speculations...

1. Someone will die. I'm guessing Boomer or Mary Pat. If it's Mary Pat, I think it would have to be Rio doing the deed, because I don't think Beth would be capable. Even Boomer would probably still have to be killed by Rio, but I could be wrong.

2. We might get some additional backstory on Rio, especially regarding baby mama and whether she's still in the picture. I feel like he's going to do something that will piss Beth off even more, but I also feel like the writers have done too much work to make him stand out as being different from the average thug to just toss it all and portray him as an unrepentant hardcore baddie now. Whatever he does has got to be something that some viewers will understand even if Beth doesn't.

3. I honestly have no idea what to expect for Ruby and Stan. They seem to be at their wit's end, so unless Rio's "grand gesture" is to offer his lawyer to Beth,* who then passes the favor on to Stan, I have no idea how Stan's going to get out of it. I wonder what kind of effect Stan being in jail would have on Ruby next season.

*Probably a conflict of interest, but on this show, it's possible!

4. Something won't add up. With all the already-existing plot holes, I'm not convinced that whatever twists the writers try to pull are going to end up making sense in the end.

• Love 1
Spoiler

So the more things change, the more they stay the same.  The longer this show goes on the harder it gets to suspend disbelief, and it appears that will be even more the case next season.  Figured that Rio wasn't going anywhere but I was hoping the FBI agent would be replaced by a new antagonist though. 

This show already popped up on my DVR because the local affiliate ran it this afternoon.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ichbin said:

This show already popped up on my DVR because the local affiliate ran it this afternoon.

I heard the finale was spoiled on social media because of this but don't know the actual details. I've always planned to just read the Reddit episode thread live when it starts on the east coast rather than wait til after the episode like I usually do, since I'm not sure I'll actually be wanting to watch this one. Gonna stick to that plan.

It’s the season finale and here we are once again.  Beth and Rio in a room with a gun:

Not sure how I feel about Rio probably being alive.  He makes a good villain but the show might have been better by letting Beth kill him in front of the Fed whose name I can never remember.

• Love 2

15 minutes in: Glad they reminded us that Turner is shady. UGH Boomer is THE WORST. Sorry, I don't buy Annie/Noah. Wow, Rio is really good at clearing out of a place fast!

"Who is he?" -- I want to know too, Beth!

• Love 4