Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Okay everyone, knock it off.  You are raining on my parade and I asked you not do this, nicely, too.  

Now she has to wear black skinny jeans, a crisp white shirt, silver earrings and these shoes.  Then she will be cool.  Jeans once is not enough. 

3879701-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Why do you want Julie to wear ugly shoes? She already gets picked on enough for her wardrobe. :)

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Why do you want Julie to wear ugly shoes? She already gets picked on enough for her wardrobe. :)

I think I wore something similar in high school. God, when fashion comes back around to when you were a teenager, you feel kinda old. And I'm only in my 30s!  Those would look great paired with a spaghetti strap tank, plum lipstick, and a velvet choker. Welcome back to the 90's! Now where did I put my Delia*s catalog? 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

AG obviously is willing to rig shit to get the result that she wants, but at the same time, I also don't think she has as much of a vested interest as we sometimes think. For instance, did they rig it so that Paul would be safe for the first few weeks? Of course, no doubt about it. However, I think that's really the extent of it. That's already a huge advantage. I don't think they particularly care beyond giving him a huge advantage right off the bat. 

Similarly, we all know AG lurved Frank, and yet she did not rig shit to keep him last year. If there's enough natural drama in the house (and most of the time, there is), I think she's content letting the game play as it lies (after already doing their rigging right from the start, of course - as just bringing veterans back period is already giving the vets an advantage - lump in three weeks of safety and come on - they've already manipulated the game a lot without having to do another thing all season). 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think I wore something similar in high school. God, when fashion comes back around to when you were a teenager, you feel kinda old. And I'm only in my 30s!

LOL - Wait until the fashion is coming around for the 2nd or 3rd time. Then tell me how old you feel. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They are not ugly to me!  The ones she wore last night were though. 

I just took another look at last night's episode to scope out the shoes. I didn't mind them, but they kinda looked like what I'd think of as heels for older ladies. I am an older lady myself so that's not necessarily an insult. :)

Just now, Skycatcher said:

LOL - Wait until the fashion is coming around for the 2nd or 3rd time. Then tell me how old you feel. 

Haha! I am living that and I feel ancient!

4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

AG obviously is willing to rig shit to get the result that she wants, but at the same time, I also don't think she has as much of a vested interest as we sometimes think. For instance, did they rig it so that Paul would be safe for the first few weeks? Of course, no doubt about it. However, I think that's really the extent of it. That's already a huge advantage. I don't think they particularly care beyond giving him a huge advantage right off the bat. 

Similarly, we all know AG lurved Frank, and yet she did not rig shit to keep him last year. If there's enough natural drama in the house (and most of the time, there is), I think she's content letting the game play as it lies (after already doing their rigging right from the start, of course - as just bringing veterans back period is already giving the vets an advantage - lump in three weeks of safety and come on - they've already manipulated the game a lot without having to do another thing all season). 

Applause!  I agree. 

(edited)

I would argue that only the first week of Paul's safety was rigged with the friendship bracelets. Although can you call it rigged when they're so obviously just handing it to him because he walked in the house?

But the vote, I think, was completely on the up and up. Fifteen unknowns versus one person who played the game the season before and made it to the end? You're not going to vote for the unknown entity. You'll vote for the devil you know. 

ETA: General "you", not specific "you"

Edited by Callaphera
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I would argue that only the first week of Paul's safety was rigged with the friendship bracelets. Although can you call it rigged when they're so obviously just handing it to him because he walked in the house?

But the vote, I think, was completely on the up and up. Fifteen unknowns versus one person who played the game the season before and made it to the end? You're not going to vote for the unknown entity. You'll vote for the devil you know. 

Right, but that's the "rigged" part. They had that one right away when they knew Paul was obviously going to win it (vets or anyone with a connection to a vet if there are no vets there) will always win it. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It was on the up and up in the sense that they didn't literally rig the voting or lie about the results.  But they constructed a tool by which there was only one logical outcome.  The general public was never going to rally behind any one Houseguest they knew nothing about.  But Paul has fans and those fans would all vote for him thus guaranteeing he would win.  Nobody in production could come up with a legit reason to just hand him safety so they concocted this farce.

• Love 3

God, can you just imagine if no one had pressed the button for $25K? I mean, someone would have had to. There's no way around that. Production would keep them out there for hours, begging one of them to hit it. And $25K is a nice chunk of change. But still...

3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Right, but that's the "rigged" part. They had that one right away when they knew Paul was obviously going to win it (vets or anyone with a connection to a vet if there are no vets there) will always win it. 

1 minute ago, MV007 said:

It was on the up and up in the sense that they didn't literally rig the voting or lie about the results.  But they constructed a tool by which there was only one logical outcome.  The general public was never going to rally behind any one Houseguest they knew nothing about.  But Paul has fans and those fans would all vote for him thus guaranteeing he would win.  Nobody in production could come up with a legit reason to just hand him safety so they concocted this farce.

Nah, you guys are right. I'll concede the point on this one. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Cody should not be surprised at Dom sitting there since he told everyone that Mark and Dom knew of his plan to nominate both Paul and Christmas!  Of course they were going to get rid of one of them because they were seen as traitors or not trustworthy.   Cody's plan to shift the focus off of Jess, worked and he didn't even recognize that.  

I don't think Cody's surprise was a lack of recognition - rather, I think it was more along the lines of, "Daaaammmmn – that POS plan of mine actually WORKED...!?!? "  ;>

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

They are calling the Battle Back the Grunge Match.  ***shrug***

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/tonight-on-big-brother-19-battle-back-special-episode/

Grudge match, not grunge match.  Dammit.  Now you have me picturing the evicted HGs quoting Nirvana lyrics at each other in a battle to return to the House, and I may never forgive you for that.

(Yeah, I'm joking.)

48 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Okay everyone, knock it off.  You are raining on my parade and I asked you not do this, nicely, too.  

Now she has to wear black skinny jeans, a white shirt, silver earrings and these shoes.  Then she will be cool.  Jeans once is not enough. 

3879701-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

For some reason I suspect Julie wearing open-toed shoes would please a particular segment of the viewing audience to a totally inappropriate degree - and just thinking of that would keep the Chenbot awake through what are normally its nighttime recharge cycles....  :>

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Grudge match, not grunge match.  Dammit.  Now you have me picturing the evicted HGs quoting Nirvana lyrics at each other in a battle to return to the House, and I may never forgive you for that.

Hysterical!  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Agreed. I don't think it was so much rigging it for paul... but rigging it for the veteran, because having the first twist fail in the first week would have been super lame.  No matter who had come back, they would have figured out how to give them safety. 

17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

God, can you just imagine if no one had pressed the button for $25K? I mean, someone would have had to. There's no way around that. Production would keep them out there for hours, begging one of them to hit it. And $25K is a nice chunk of change. But still...

Nah, you guys are right. I'll concede the point on this one. 

If I recall correctly there were about half of them that actually pressed the button.  They showed a bunch of red lights and Kevins green light.  And then some people had no lights, which I'm assuming meant that they didnt' push the button.  I'm REALLY freaking bored today at work so maybe i'll try to go back and grab a screen shot of that. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

ITA.  I don't think AG cares who wins.  She used Paul for the drama and to ensure people who watched last year to continue watching this year.  She wanted to make sure he wasn't eliminated too early, hence the Pendant of Protection.  Now that that's been accomplished, though, I think she's ready to ditch him should the HGs evict him.  After all, he's nowhere near as popular as he was last year.  I think Cody may have supplanted Paul as AG's favorite.  He seems more like her type of favorite HG judging from her past faves.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

(Yeah, I'm joking.)

So they'll all be able to quote Smells Like Teen Spirit but it'll be a stalemate after that?

• Love 5
(edited)

I may have made this too small but it was actually less than i thought.

Cody, Ramses, Mark, Raven, Jason and Kevin all pressed the button. 

edit: oh wait, it was about half.  HA!

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 1.44.54 PM.png

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Two of the lights are not visible.  Not sure who the 2 women are. 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, gunderda said:

edit: oh wait, it was about half.  HA!

7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Going left to right:

• Definitely pressed (red light): Alex, Raven.
  • Definitely did not press (no light): Meghan, Jessica, Dominique.
  • Unknown (light obscured): Elena, Jillian, Christmas.

ETA: Christmas may be a Did Not Press - at the top of her basket I can't tell if I'm looking at her light, or the heel of Jason's boot.  :(

21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So they'll all be able to quote Smells Like Teen Spirit but it'll be a stalemate after that?

You would prefer Pearl Jam?

Edited by Nashville
14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The lights were edited in, you can tell they're just colored circles they put in when editing.  On the replay they only showed Kevin's light so I think only the green one lit up. So I think even if the ones we can't see did push the buttons, they would have just put a red circle on it to represent that they did

9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

ETA: Christmas may be a Did Not Press - at the top of her basket I can't tell if I'm looking at her light, or the heel of Jason's boot.  :(

That is definitely the heel of Jason's boot.  I studied a large, clear picture at the time. 

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

That is definitely the heel of Jason's boot.  I studied a large, clear picture at the time. 

That was my first impression as well - but I'm bad about second-guessing myself.  :)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

You would prefer Pearl Jam?

Personally, I'd go with Nirvana even though Pearl Jam was my "first". But they'd probably know even less Pearl Jam. "Uh, I think there was that song? About a guy? It was his name? Jim, maybe?" I remember that 90's (Takeover?) comp with all of the grunge references, and then cringing and laughing when they kept trying to figure out which bands did which songs on the live feeds afterwards.

Mr. Callaphera may or may not play guitar and/or drums in a grunge cover band.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

So.....I just analyzed the actual video again (with a lot of space bar pressing to pause the video every half a second) and I'm actually leaning toward that NOT being the heel of Jason's boot. It looks like the light that's above everyone's seats. I analyzed the image again and I compared it to Cameron's off light. I don't know what I analyzed it again, but I did. So I think that she didn't press her button....I might have also stared at her hand holding the buzzer and her finger clearly did not move. 

Confession time. I guess I am really naïve because I didn't realize there was all this production interference until I started reading the live feeds discussion in Season 15. I was always spoiler free up until that season. Not to say I didn't think some of it was scripted, I'm not that stupid, I just didn't realize they coached people what to say in the DR and stuff. It's kind of disappointing.

I always wanted to be on BB. I never would for a number of reasons - I'm an introvert and couldn't be around people all the time, I'm not a size 2 and no one wants to see me in a bikini and I wouldn't want to read what nasty things people say about me. If I was though I'd definitely be with the outsiders, be loyal, but probably naïve and have my feelings hurt and be out the first night. Lol If I ever got HOH, I'm locking that door and only letting in close allies and I'm there to win, not make jury. I have no big illness, kind of poor, but would play my ass off.

And I kind of like Jason. :)

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Nashville said:

That was my first impression as well - but I'm bad about second-guessing myself.  :)

Actually, you are good at it.  ;^)

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Did you see the Survivor season that was basically Boston Rob's victory lap? 

I did, and it was a strain for them to come up with anything interesting each week.  so hopefully, they learned from that.

• Love 2
(edited)

Spoiler from Reddit: 

Spoiler

Cody won the Battle Back and Jess won HOH. This is from the same person who broke the news on the Megan self evict. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3
(edited)

Er, there's a part of that "spoiler" that I'm not sure about. Namely how the second place finisher is worded. 

I mean, not saying it isn't true. I'm low key giddy if this is the case. But that part is a bit of a head scratcher to me. 

Edited by Callaphera
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm thinking that his DR sessions go like this:

Production: "Hey Paul, we have this great idea to do a battle back episode and have one of the first four returnees come back. What do you think?"
Paul: "NEVER CARED."
Production: "Okay, so we'll do that but not let them back in the house. But Paul, what if we let you in the house and gave you four weeks of safety? That's pretty cool, right?"
Paul: "That's FRIENDSHIP."
Production: "We've got a winner! Someone call AG and tell her what her boy has given his blessing on."

I’m beginning to fantasize that that this season Paul might not be so much a real BB contestant as some kind of consultant or hired gun employed by production to “punch up” daily life in the BB house (kind of like how movie producers hire script doctors to improve screenplays). I imagine him having an independent contract that requires him to create drama and chaos into the game, and he gets paid for that rather than how he places in the ostensible Big Brother contest.

I have absolutely no evidence of this. It’s just that Paul’s behavior is so different from everyone else’s, and seems to be based on more than competition in the game. Although I guess extreme egotism and extroversion could explain it as well…

(edited)
Spoiler

I am not really excited to see Jessica and Cody holed up in the HoH all week but at least their noms and the potential madness that could ensue should be interesting/entertaining!

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Spoiler from Reddit: 

Hide contents

Cody won the Battle Back and Jess won HOH. This is from the same person who broke the news on the Megan self evict. 

I hope this is true!  We talk about spoilers which are often rumors here all the time.  We talked about Megan self evicting before she did, not being sure if it was true.   

No surprise that Cody won and thrilled Jessica got HOH!  Again, this may not be true but it is fun to think maybe god is really in that house!  Could Dom have been right all along?   If that is the case she left him behind.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I kinda feel like the spoiler tags aren't necessary since this thread is full of spoilers by definition. I hope the spoiler is true because it will cause some chaos. Please lord don't let Paul end up acting like co-HOH like he usually does.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I hope this is true!  We talk about spoilers which are often rumors here all the time.  We talked about Megan self evicting before she did not being sure if it was true.   

No surprise that Cody won and thrilled Jessica got HOH!  Again, this may not be true but it is fun to think maybe god is really in that house!  Could Dom have been right all along?  

If true, there will be a completely different strategy in the house. jess and Cody do not need to play along with Paul. They can put him on the block with impunity because the next HOH, if she and cody are on the block, she can halt ! Good time ahead. Lets see how fast people jump ship. And does Cody still wuv Alex ( as a player)?

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4
Just now, Michichick said:

I kinda feel like the spoiler tags aren't necessary since this thread is full of spoilers by definition. I hope the spoiler is true because it will cause some chaos. Please lord don't let Paul end up acting like co-HOH like he usually does.

Jessica will not let him!  

(edited)

Well, fine. I'll be less obtuse. 

The exact quote from the spoiler from reddit, bolding mine:

Head of Household - Jess -- it came down to her and Xmas! Xmas hung in for three fucking hours. Jess won

That is what I have trouble believing out of all of it. I'm having trouble thinking of an endurance comp that can be done on one leg and has no water or shit being thrown at them and no falling aspect. Isn't she still no weight bearing on her bad leg?

Edited by Callaphera

This is the best news I could have heard, my dream scenario.  I wonder who they will target.  It is not obvious to me at all.  Alex is likely but she is not a big fish.  Mark?  Raven is annoying by no strategic threat.  This is going to be a good week.

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That is what I have trouble believing out of all of it.

Yeah, I do too.  It must have been something where her legs did not dangle but this just doesn't sound right.  There are so many more interesting challenges.  Endurance is boring.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That is what I have trouble believing out of all of it. I'm having trouble thinking of an endurance comp that can be done on one leg and has no water or shit being thrown at them.

Could they have brought the season 6 (hand no in the button box) back ???

• Love 1
Just now, missyb said:

Could they have brought the season 6 (hand no in the button box) back ???

The Pressure Cooker? Fuck them if they kept it off the live feeds. I will legit rage if it was Pressure Cooker and we didn't get to see it play out.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That is what I have trouble believing out of all of it. I'm having trouble thinking of an endurance comp that can be done on one leg and has no water or shit being thrown at them and no falling aspect. Isn't she still no weight bearing on her bad leg?

And Jess didn't hang that long on the wall.... which would be easier than hanging from something else. 

It may have been the swing one....if true

Just now, PoshSprinkles said:

It could have been like the endurance Russell won in BB11 where they were sitting on swings that rotated around while they got smacked with a foam diploma. Christmas could possibly do an endurance competition like that as long as they don't spray water everywhere. 

That has a falling aspect which would take her out.

I'm not kidding about Pressure Cooker. That's the Holy Grail of Big Brother comps.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The Pressure Cooker? Fuck them if they kept it off the live feeds. I will legit rage if it was Pressure Cooker and we didn't get to see it play out.

Road trip!  You in for a ride to the CBS lot?  I have a couple of Tiki torches and a bic, you got a cooler?  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1