Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

And?  Cody is talking about himself using language that typically comes out of supremacist movements.    And what does that have to do with Jason?  It is possible for multiple people to be repugnant.  I have no idea what your point is.

I just said I'll take what Cody Said over what Jason has said, that all. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I'll take that over Jason saying he'd watch while there was a line up to rape Jessica..come on, Cody is talking about himself..

Wait. I missed this in my Raven rants today.

Did this happen? Truly? I've never heard this before. Do we have video or recaps of it or something?

• Love 1

I do think Raven is very sick and her case of gastroparesis is rare and terrible.

It doesn't seem that way to me. I have a mild case of gastroparesis and I can't eat the way she has been. Look how much weight she's gained since the show started. She actually looks healthy now. I think her mother convinced her and the doctor that she has it, but the only sickness I can see here is in her head. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Devils Chick said:

It doesn't seem that way to me. I have a mild case of gastroparesis and I can't eat the way she has been. Look how much weight she's gained since the show started. She actually looks healthy now. I think her mother convinced her and the doctor that she has it, but the only sickness I can see here is in her head. 

She does have some implant in her mid section.... so what doctor would do that if no condition was present? 

• Love 1

You should watch Mommy Dead and Dearest, a documentary about a mother with Munchausen by Proxy who convinced doctor after doctor that her daughter had various illnesses she didn't have. She got all kinds of treatments she didn't need. I don't think it would be impossible for her scam artist mother to convince the doctor she needed the stimulator. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

She does have some implant in her mid section.... so what doctor would do that if no condition was present? 

Hands-free iPhone, maybe?

I'll let myself out....

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Devils Chick said:

You should watch Mommy Dead and Dearest, a documentary about a mother with Munchausen by Proxy who convinced doctor after doctor that her daughter had various illnesses she didn't have. She got all kinds of treatments she didn't need. I don't think it would be impossible for her scam artist mother to convince the doctor she needed the stimulator. 

That documentary was so freaky- and when the doctor would catch on like that one did- and put it in his notes she never went back to that specific hospital. 

26 minutes ago, mooses said:

I laugh everytime I think about Raven going on and on at the top of her lungs about Cody's dick size. I hope, hope, hope she gets in another brawl. Alex versus Raven would be a doozy.

Best ever!!

Loved the video of Cody eating Reese Puffs.  They are on my grocery list.  They sounded delicious!   I took one look at my husband's maternal side of his family and it struck horror into my heart.  He took after his father and luckily my kids missed the 5'2", short arms and turtle mouth genes and all turned out well.  I don't fault Cody for thinking about that!  I did.  

• Love 2

"Turtle mouth genes" really has me guffawing.  Thanks for the much needed laugh, Wings.

A Christmas win, a super safe Paul (still!), it's all too much.  And so much smug out of these people as they are relentlessly abusing someone.  I don't even know what to call it besides revolting.

• Love 4

Here we go again.

Big Brother 19 interview: Allison Grodner on new Temptation, Friday show

As always, quote from the article, bolding mine:

What, if anything, can you say about the latest temptation twist and its impact on the game?

The final temptation twist will see the tree in the front hall come to life. Just as the twists before, it will stir up the game and tempt the houseguests as they chart their path to the half million.

(Christmas) Joy of all joys. 

Edited by Callaphera
6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'll still root for [Paul] somehow losing. It won't happen, but I'll still root for it!

Right! I don't care how much better of a player he is and how stupid the rest of them are, I hope Paul loses to whomever he takes to F2. And yes, I do mean even if it's fucking Alex.

6 hours ago, wings707 said:

There is a twist and we will see what that is tonight.  I am not even trying to figure it out.  

I think Julie said the twist would be in Sunday's ep. But I figure we'll know what it is when the feeds come back since I imagine it will have to be done before noms if it's for Sunday's ep.

1 minute ago, Christi said:

are feeds supposed to be back at 9 tonite??after the stupid clips show?

They come back tonight after the show ends on the west coast, so 9 pm pt/12 am et.

• Love 3
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

I had a feeling that massive LED Tree wasn't for naught. 

Unfortunately. Big Brother of old would have been all over those safety deposit boxes in the HoH room, culminating in something like a Pandora's Box. Big Brother now? Add something that's completely out of place and hope that they don't question it until we're ready to blast off on our new lame twist that will fizzle out.

Bah. They're never going to use those safety deposit boxes upstairs and those could have been so fun for an involved hunt/clue/twist type thing.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Here's Cody talking about his breeding skills:

For me, I could take the initial statement as being a dead-pan joke, but then he goes on to talk about superior genetics, and that's where it starts to resemble supremacist propaganda.  Apparently, also (although I haven't seen it), he referred to Jessica as a half-breed.

Maybe it's foot-in-mouth syndrome, maybe it's not.  I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder, though, if he has some retrograde views on race/genetics. 

Thank you for posting the clip; I had been searching to no avail for "genes" as the primary keyword. 

The dialogue doesn't set off any alarms for me. If anything, it raises connotations of studs, mares, and farming IMO (which is odd in its own way). From my personal view, a miscommunication like using the idiom "that's the pot calling the kettle black" to refer to a person of color would have way more problematic ambiguity and/or possible prejudicial intent than this.

He's talking about how he produces conventionally attractive kids. And in the overall schema of the adulation he showered on his daughter's intelligence, I don't think "superior" is that unsettling in terms of diction.

There's also the broader context of the fact that his romantic partner (and thus the woman with whom he would be producing future children) isn't traditionally phenotypically white - I actually initially thought Jess was African-American and she's clearly ethnically bi- or multiracial in terms of her features to me.

Similarly, the castmate that he has singled out for applause as a competitor is an Asian woman.

I don't see overt (or, really, any) sexism and or racial biases on Cody's part. 

All my subjective opinion. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Jel said:

If that temptation benefits Paul in the slightest way, let's just boycott the stupid show. 

Not effective, they don't know we stop watching.  Road trip!!  

giphy.gif

• Love 6

Ok, here's how I'll put it.  There are many completely innocent and non-racial ways to use the number "88."  However, the number crops up in white supremacist literature often enough that if I see someone using it, I'm going to start asking questions about its use.  The usage may be completely innocent, but it's not crazy to wonder, particularly if the usage of "88" seems similar to the way it's used in supremacist circles.

Of course, I never said Cody was a racist.   I just find the entire clip to be enough to raise questions, though, and I'm not able to dismiss the notion out of hand because of that clip (and the reported clip of him calling Jessica a "half-breed.").  For me, it's up in the air.

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

A simple Fuck you Paul, would work.  

Nah. Because later that night, we'll get:

Paul: "No, no, see, they called us back in before we could hear the rest of it. It was 'Fuck you! Paul is being bullied!' It's cool. So, that Cody guy. Such a dick, right?"

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Ok, here's how I'll put it.  There are many completely innocent and non-racial ways to use the number "88."  However, the number crops up in white supremacist literature often enough that if I see someone using it, I'm going to start asking questions about its use.

That is one of my favorite numbers.  I had no idea it was a white supremacist thing.  So Cody used the number?  Good god.  

2 minutes ago, Jel said:

EVICT PAUL FIRST THEN GO FUCK YOURSELVES.

Yes, that is it.   Just a simple Evict Paul!  The rest would not be heard.  

5 hours ago, gunderda said:

BB on facebook just posted a gif of Cody walking on the table and walking out.  I am so amazed that table didn't break or at least tip over lol 

Right? If I ever planned a big move like that I'd probably trip, make a humiliating shrieking noise, fall flat on my face and then show the world my underpants.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Right? If I ever planned a big move like that I'd probably trip, make a humiliating shrieking noise, fall flat on my face and then show the world my underpants.

Hopefully they would be clean. You know how your mother (or maybe it was just mine?) always told you to wear clean underwear in case you got hit by a bus? Well, it wasn't a bus but I took a Civic to the back of the knees one day and the first thing I said to the ambulance driver as they were loading me in the back? "Thank God I was wearing clean underwear."

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Love this! You're my sister from another mister, Auntie Velvet.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Best you stick to wearing jeans. 

2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Love this! You're my sister from another mister, Auntie Velvet.

You, too. 

On August 17, 2017 at 2:31 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Christmas strikes me as someone who gave up her drug habit by sheer will alone, but never dealt with the underlying issues.  She got into extreme fitness because of the control and discipline, and became "hooked" on the adrenaline and release.  Maybe people who know her well don't recognize this version of her.  Maybe the outlet of her workouts suppresses or works through her issues temporarily.  Now she's stuck in a house, somewhat disabled, and has no outlet for the pain she's buried with drugs and exercise.  She's lost control and discipline.  Pure speculation, but makes her slightly more sympathetic in my eyes.  Slightly.

This is an astute deconstruction and one with which I pretty much agree entirely. Abstractly, I aspire to have empathy for mental health issues like substance abuse but at a certain point it becomes difficult for me to determine whether, say, Christmas's bitterness and entitlement are personality characteristics or symptoms of an addiction-related backslide. Since, of course, addicts can simply be assholes, too. 

I think it will be interesting to see both how Christmas behaves in power as HOH and whether or not she attributes her behavior post-season to the pain medication/attempts to blame it on factors out of her control and other people. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, wings707 said:

That is one of my favorite numbers.  I had no idea it was a white supremacist thing.  So Cody used the number?  Good god.  

Yes, that is it.   Just a simple Evict Paul!  The rest would not be heard.  

Wait, wait, wait.  Cody DID NOT use the number (that I know of).  I was using it as an analogy.  Sorry for the confusion.

19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Nah. Because later that night, we'll get:

Paul: "No, no, see, they called us back in before we could hear the rest of it. It was 'Fuck you! Paul is being bullied!' It's cool. So, that Cody guy. Such a dick, right?"

Nuke 'em from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Here's Cody talking about his breeding skills:

For me, I could take the initial statement as being a dead-pan joke, but then he goes on to talk about superior genetics, and that's where it starts to resemble supremacist propaganda.  Apparently, also (although I haven't seen it), he referred to Jessica as a half-breed.

Maybe it's foot-in-mouth syndrome, maybe it's not.  I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder, though, if he has some retrograde views on race/genetics. 

It is definitely something that a nice non-Nazi lady would want to follow up before "breeding" with him. But as was pointed out, idioms can differ, and it's not always a dog whistle for Eugenics. The good thing is, Jessica definitely seems to have the wherewithal to ask those questions and challenge his statements. I mean, she was *literally* busting his balls in that clip.

• Love 1

So, here we go.

Also, don't skip the previously on BB segment for the Special Episode tonight. It just revealed information that I don't think they actually showed for DE (Jason tried to get MATT out, but Josh put the target back on Elena).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

God, it's already the first commercial break for the episode and I already want to punch Christmas/Paul and hug Mark.

Wish the Live Feeds were on last night so we could watch the fight in context.

ETA: UGHHHHHH.... I hate clip shows!

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 4
Just now, zenithwit said:

Wish the Live Feeds were on last night so we could watch the fight in context.

God yes. I want to know the true story behind that. The unedited version. How amazing that Paul incited it and yelled at Josh to shut up and they showed it.

It makes me think that it was a lot worse than that and all we'll ever have is the edited version and the retellings from Paul's point of view to go off of.

• Love 6

Lol at Paul's face when he thought Derek might be coming into the house to compete.  I'm no Derek fan, but knowing that it would piss off Paul makes me wish it was happening.

• Love 19

I just watched the DE. I was thinking that Elena should have been scrambling to at least gather her items. Then as she left I realized her stuff was already conveniently packed up! Lucky for her. 

I'm sure that doesn't happen to often?  

• Love 1

Oh, Paul's going to hate that Jody got a lengthy segment for the clip show.

Also, I love that Raven hugged Derrick first when he walked into the house and he barely held back a grimace...and then all genuine smiles when hugging Mark. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I just watched the DE. I was thinking that Elena should have been scrambling to at least gather her items. Then as she left I realized her stuff was already conveniently packed up! Lucky for her. 

I'm sure that doesn't happen to often?  

Huh.  That's an interesting question.  Or to phrase it another way, how many times has the 2nd evictee in a DE episode been a nominee at the first eviction?

Ha! Derrick's face when he said "friendship" and Paul screeched it back? MADE THIS WHOLE EPISODE WORTH IT.

Blizzcon thanks Alex and Big Brother for the free promotion. When she said "I went to Blizzcon", I'm assuming she left off "to work as a Booth Babe."

And holy hell, she called Jason her ride or die in front of the whole house. I mean, it's obvious (yeah, thanks for that shot of Paul looking "shocked", editors) but you never really say out loud in front of a group of people "yeah, that's my ride or die". I hope that comes back to bite you on the ass, Alex. 

Even CBS doesn't care about Maven. They probably couldn't get enough footage of them that wasn't a) sex and blowjobs or b) Raven talking about her many illnesses and injuries.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I'm not watching the episode right now because I'm away from my TV. Can anyone tell me what Paul yelled at Josh about or what the fight was?

The fight to Mark was about the chess game where Mark/Jason talked about getting Paul out. Jason denied agreeing to anything, Paul called Mark out, Mark decided that he didn't want to answer because he did talk about it, Christmas got condescending, and Josh tried to interrupt and Paul shut him up.