Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Perhaps I shouldn't, but I judge those standing quietly, even though they're not smiling.  Christmas is practically breaking her neck trying to watch Jessica's reaction as she's screamed at.  Standing silently and watching, is nonverbal agreement.  At the very least, it's condoning the behavior.  I don't know how they can even witness it.  You often see people looking away, down, or even walking away when something uncomfortable is happening.  Not these folks.  Which means (to me) that they're not that bothered by what they're witnessing.

This. All of this. Thank you.

I was going to say that Matt at least made an effort in the beginning to say that he wasn't down with this behavior. By the end of the night, he was telling Raven how turned on he was by seeing her like that yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is Dave Navarro his personal hero?  Doesn't it defeat the purpose of looking like this, if you're still living with your parents?

Mmm, Dave Navarro. Sorry, you were saying something? I'm lost in fantasy land. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Perhaps I shouldn't, but I judge those standing quietly, even though they're not smiling.  Christmas is practically breaking her neck trying to watch Jessica's reaction as she's screamed at.  Standing silently and watching, is nonverbal agreement.  At the very least, it's condoning the behavior.  I don't know how they can even witness it.  You often see people looking away, down, or even walking away when something uncomfortable is happening.  Not these folks.  Which means (to me) that they're not that bothered by what they're witnessing.

Personally, as someone who hates confrontation and is (honestly) kind of a wimp at times, I can see why people aren't standing up. Now, Christmas seems to be instigating the behaviour just outside of that gif so she doesn't really get sympathy for me here. But thinking about it, they're stuck in a house with these people 24/7. They're there to get as far as possible and try to win. Inside the house is a mob mentality and a dictator conducting his own mental warfare "games" because he can manipulate the right people into doing his "errands" for him. Not everyone is brave or confident enough to stand up, but it doesn't make them bad people for it. That's just who they are; unless they're actively doing the bullying and yelling and screaming like banshees, I try to give the silent bystanders a little more lenience. There's nowhere to walk away from, and these houseguests tend to analyze every little move that people make. Some seem to be trying to just make it without a target on their back. 

Which is unfortunate because I'd hope if I was in Jess' position that someone would stand up for me. But Matt already tried earlier and was shot down hard by Christmas, Raven, and Paul. So him staying silent is totally understandable. 

Just because someone is silent, it doesn't mean that they're agreeing with the behaviour. They just may not be strong enough to stand up and say something to a loud group. I wouldn't dare to say anything in that particular moment, nor would I really want to afterwards, not until everything calmed down and time had passed. It's hard to know what to do in a situation where you're stuck in a house, confronted with the same people every minute of every day, and with little chance to really express your opinion without fear of being targeted. Again, it sucks and there should be more people who aren't afraid to stand up, but I will only judge the people who are actively involved in the bullying. 

Not that I don't understand your point, because I really, really do. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Michichick said:

1966. I think you may be older than I am. I am not saying you're old. Just that I feel old when I'm reminded that I am old enough to have adult children.

I understood what you meant.  Been there many times myself.  She is a smart well bred young woman, just curious to know how old her parents are.  Yes I am old. Lol

Edited by wings707
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

I'd love it if the most airtime Raven gets in an episode shows her shrieking at Jessica like an asshole. Hahahahahaha!

Ravens constant profanity would prevent any clip from going to long. Either that or it would be just one continuous bleep. That girl has the trashiest mouth I have ever heard. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is Dave Navarro his personal hero?  Doesn't it defeat the purpose of looking like this, if you're still living with your parents?

Naah.  Paul's parents probably forbade him from getting a tattoo.  And Paul, like the bad ass he is, probably went and did it anyway.  And then they probably nagged him seriously about it.  But he didn't care, 'cause that's how he rolls.

Screw you, Mom and Dad!

• Love 8

well cody isn't helping anything today..... paul just found an egg carton full of empty egg shells.  paul was asking who did it and why.  cody said he did and paul asked if there was a reason (and not in a mean way actually) and cody goes "hold that thought" and walks outside, has jessica follow him and shuts the door. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, mooses said:

Christmas started "killing them with kindness" this morning, asking Jessica if she wants to sunbathe. That would've been a great plan maybe, say, 24 hours ago. Out of all the people involved yesterday, Jessica said she was most surprised by Christmas because she thought they had developed a good relationship lately.

What has been with Christmas? She seemed like a generally mostly-positive (and, yes, cocky) person for the first few weeks, and now seems like a moody black cloud most of the time. I wonder if she's always easy to snap, and the drugs just make her more irritable more often.

Her yelling at Mark about her Special Slop yesterday was hilarious because she had to make a Scooter K-Turn to angrily storm out on him.

Not excusing her behavior, because it was and is gross, but I'm guessing that the meds plus her inability to do anything but sit there are extra irritants in addition to normal house stuff. 

Aside from it being gross on a personal level, it was stupid on a game level as well. 

• Love 3

Paul is pissed that Cody admitted to putting cracked eggshells back in the container.  Christmas is talking about how it'll get people sick.  I agree that it's nasty but Paul has no room to blast someone fucking with food since he's the one going around putting Vaseline on the coffee scoop and then putting the scoop in the container and switching the decaf/regular coffee.

• Love 6
Just now, gunderda said:

now christmas is riled up because people could have gotten sick. mark says that doesn't get people sick. 

Wow, Christmas. Raven splatters raw chicken liquid all over the counters, Paul/Jason switch decaf and caffeine containers and they spread Vaseline onto the coffee scoop, but god forbid Cody leaves empty egg shells in the carton.

Fucking hell, woman. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, mooses said:

It seems like at least part of the tattoo was a cover up job. And I'm done looking for pictures of Shirtless Paul.

Yup. All that black packed into that area screams cover-up. The face that was covered up looks like it should have been. Not sure about the skull beside it because it's hard to see. 

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Paul is pissed that Cody admitted to putting cracked eggshells back in the container.  Christmas is talking about how it'll get people sick.  I agree that it's nasty but Paul has no room to blast someone fucking with food since he's the one going around putting Vaseline on the coffee scoop and then putting the scoop in the container and switching the decaf/regular coffee.

How will that make people sick?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Not excusing her behavior, because it was and is gross, but I'm guessing that the meds plus her inability to do anything but sit there are extra irritants in addition to normal house stuff. 

Aside from it being gross on a personal level, it was stupid on a game level as well. 

Yeah, her general demeanor lately has been unpleasant. I'm assuming it has a lot do with those things, plus the pain. She seems the most like her first-few-weeks self when she's talking to Kevin in their weird flirtmance.

I saw an old video of her and Jason dancing, and I was like...I can't believe that's the same person! 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Yup. All that black packed into that area screams cover-up. The face that was covered up looks like it should have been. Not sure about the skull beside it because it's hard to see. 

I guess open eggs in the cold refrigerator will give people salmonella ;) 

Either way it was kind of a bizarre thing to do... and then to own up to it. 

Just now, Callaphera said:

I think the fact that the cracked shells still have pieces of raw egg whites on/in them makes it a Salmonella issue.  Paul said there was at least one uncracked egg still in the container that this was done in.

14 minutes ago, zorak said:

Paul is now claiming that after last night, he's over it.  Whatever.

Wait, so you can round up 7 people to mastermind the merciless bullying of two people who aren't doing anything to provoke you, and then the next day, when you realize that it's probably going to blow up in your face and that America hates you and you're no longer "their boy," you can simply say that you're "over it?"  Huh.  Interesting.  And funny.

4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

indoor lock down

I'm waiting breathlessly for Paul to be suddenly cannon-shot out of the back door and over the wall.............

• Love 3

If you're looking to avoid salmonella you should wash your hands after you crack an egg anyways. The empty shells in the container don't increase the risk (although I think it was a dick move to leave them in there).

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Personally, as someone who hates confrontation and is (honestly) kind of a wimp at times, I can see why people aren't standing up. Now, Christmas seems to be instigating the behaviour just outside of that gif so she doesn't really get sympathy for me here. But thinking about it, they're stuck in a house with these people 24/7. They're there to get as far as possible and try to win. Inside the house is a mob mentality and a dictator conducting his own mental warfare "games" because he can manipulate the right people into doing his "errands" for him. Not everyone is brave or confident enough to stand up, but it doesn't make them bad people for it. That's just who they are; unless they're actively doing the bullying and yelling and screaming like banshees, I try to give the silent bystanders a little more lenience. There's nowhere to walk away from, and these houseguests tend to analyze every little move that people make. Some seem to be trying to just make it without a target on their back. 

Which is unfortunate because I'd hope if I was in Jess' position that someone would stand up for me. But Matt already tried earlier and was shot down hard by Christmas, Raven, and Paul. So him staying silent is totally understandable. 

Just because someone is silent, it doesn't mean that they're agreeing with the behaviour. They just may not be strong enough to stand up and say something to a loud group. I wouldn't dare to say anything in that particular moment, nor would I really want to afterwards, not until everything calmed down and time had passed. It's hard to know what to do in a situation where you're stuck in a house, confronted with the same people every minute of every day, and with little chance to really express your opinion without fear of being targeted. Again, it sucks and there should be more people who aren't afraid to stand up, but I will only judge the people who are actively involved in the bullying. 

Not that I don't understand your point, because I really, really do. 

I completely understand your point, too!  I'm an introvert, and unless I respond immediately, I will talk myself out of interfering.  Having said that, witnessing this would be excruciatingly uncomfortable for me.  At the very least, I would be looking down at my feet.  Otherwise, I'd probably walk away so it wouldn't look like I was in agreement.

ETA:  And while it's totally corny, I try to live by the motto:  "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Edited by RedheadZombie
Add quote.
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

And one of them said during their screech off "you are a disgrace to Marines" yeah ok.

that alone will guarantee Cody my vote for favorite player.  how dare they dishonor his service?

• Love 8

Ah, so the egg shell thing is the same reason I get the raised eyebrows and warnings when I order my eggs done over-easy in a restaurant. I'm willing to risk myself for yummy delicious runny yolk that I can dip my toast into. 

7 minutes ago, zorak said:

Raven to Matt:  "You're so mean to me."

Matt:  "You want to know the reason why?  It gets you all riled up and I like that." 

Gross.

These two deserve each other.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

These two deserve each other.

They really do.  Last night after the main event was over, Matt and Raven were in the bedroom by themselves and they had what appeared to be an aggressive kiss with each other.  To me it came off like they were both turned on by Raven's part in the attacks on Jess.  I was completely grossed out.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Artsda said:

"I'm really disgusted at them going there over Cody's service. They're attacking a 10 yr vet over his service?  CBS better air that on the episode so they all have to deal with the consequences outside the house. "

totally agree. Absolutely it should be shown on the air!  Every veteran watching will vote for Cody to be America's favorite and everyone that attacked  Cody will be shamed by it once they get out.  What have they done for their country?

Edited by watch2much
  • Love 5

Alex telling Josh again that Jessica is a sexual predator.  She says that Jess touched her vagina.  Until yesterday I have never heard Alex mention this.  Does anyone know if it's true?  I'm just trying to imagine a scenario in which this would have happened.  Then again, I can't imagine why Jess would have been sticking her finger up Paul's ass, but I know she has done it.

Every time Paul repeats to others that Jessica accused him of having influence over what everyone does, I wonder what goes through their minds.  Do they believe Paul's version that he doesn't have any influence on them?  Or do the wheels start turning and they realize it's true?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

Every time Paul repeats to others that Jessica accused him of having influence over what everyone does, I wonder what goes through their minds.  Do they believe Paul's version that he doesn't have any influence on them?  Or do the wheels start turning and they realize it's true?

Judging from yesterday, when Paul said once again that Jessica accused all the other HGs of being his dogs, Raven let out with a hearty "WOOF WOOF MOTHERFUCKING WOOF" so... nope. Wheels are definitely stuck in place. Ain't no turning going on there.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

Alex telling Josh again that Jessica is a sexual predator.  She says that Jess touched her vagina.  Until yesterday I have never heard Alex mention this.  Does anyone know if it's true?  I'm just trying to imagine a scenario in which this would have happened.  Then again, I can't imagine why Jess would have been sticking her finger up Paul's ass, but I know she has done it.

They joked about fingers and butts, but Cody said no way is anything going close to there, it was said twice on BBAD, Alex is making that up!

4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Which is what he's doing right now to RAven, Elena and Mark.  Elena kinda looks like she's checked out.  

He says he's not playing a psychological game.  He doesn't tell people what to do.  Accuses Jessica and Cody of not letting people talk to other people because they're paranoid and that's how that's the dumbest thing ever.

I'm not sure how any of these people can stand Paul's story telling. It's WAYYYYYYYY too dramatic. 

If alex is afraid of someone being a sexual predator then maybe she should stop displaying her boobs. (which right now they are covered up which is amazing)

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Michichick said:

1966. I think you may be older than I am. I am not saying you're old. Just that I feel old when I'm reminded that I am old enough to have adult children.

Don't despair.  Loretta Lynn was a mother at 14 and a grandmother at 28.

• Love 1

It drives me nuts that so many of them often misuse the word "implicate". 

Paul to Mark:  "Now you know when people are implicating that I'm a snake." 

More talk follows and then Raven says, "You're implicating" and then the camera switched.

FYI houseguests, implicate and imply are not the same thing.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

If alex is afraid of someone being a sexual predator then maybe she should stop displaying her boobs. (which right now they are covered up which is amazing)

The way a person dresses (or doesn't) has nothing to do with any of that. 

• Love 13
Just now, wings707 said:

We have another week of this crap because C and J will be around.  It doesn't matter who wins HOH, we are going  hear Paul spew about them.  

He's getting nervous though, because he has no safety..watch him ramp up his hatred

• Love 1

Mark says he keeps eggshells in the carton in the fridge.  That's why he told Christmas it was ok.  But Mark wouldn't do it while living with other people. But at his own house, by himself, he does it.   Mark says he knows food safety way more than Christmas. 

• Love 1
Just now, zorak said:

Did I just hear Paul say something about how sometimes he goes to the bathroom at home with his phone and then realizes 2 hours later he's still in there?

He must be really good at Candy Crush.

• Love 4
Just now, Michichick said:

Yes. Hahaha!

What the hell???  And then he said he walks around naked at home.  He also doesn't do dishes.  He says his mom likes to do that because she's a mom and needs something to do or something ridiculous.  He's such a prince that even when his mom says she's tired, instead of doing the dishes for her, he'll yell at his sister to wash the dishes.