Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

That would be very difficult to do unless they made a plan to use the first letter of each paragraph to spell something.  There really isn't much to to tell her.  She has a clear path to F3 as it stands now.  Getting Paul out may or may not be to her advantage.  

It's possible if Christmas planned it out beforehand. 

Man, I'm just sitting at work, thinking about how Alex screwed herself this week, all over throwing an endurance-type comp to a cripple. This season is rivaling a lot of the stupidest moves in previous seasons. I mean, it's not QUITE Lawon's Special Power theory bad, but it might be on tier with Marcellas not using the veto on himself.

Alex could be going home this week because of her arrogance and this may be the most excited I've been since the Halting Hex week. 

My dream is for Alex to get evicted, and the audience just LAUGHS at her as she walks out. That would be worse than cheers, boos, and silence combined. 

• Love 12

Unbelievable!! One of these dopes just had to not throw it. Is Kevin on slop again? That would be motivation enough for him to not throw it. One of these morons has to get a clue that they are being played. 

Watching BBAD and Raven just said she is a great actor. No kidding.

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

My dream is for Alex to get evicted, and the audience just LAUGHS at her as she walks out. That would be worse than cheers, boos, and silence combined. 

If I were in the 73 audience members on the walk between the garage and studio, I would spread the words, 'golf clap.'  It wouldn't be hard to do with so few people.  I think that would be more damning than laughing.  

1 minute ago, Sandycat said:

Unbelievable!! One of these dopes just had to not throw it. Is Kevin on slop again? That would be motivation enough for him to not throw it. One of these morons has to get a clue that they are being played. 

Watching BBAD and Raven just said she is a great actor. No kidding.

He could follow in Matt's footsteps and refuse to obey HN rules.  I doubt he would though.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Raven was a Big Brother genius.

Gotdamn, that trailer park na-na had a nukka mystified, didn't it?!

12 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Why is Julie wearing Ugg boots on her arms?

I thought she fell on the carpet and the shit got attached to her arms.

• Love 1

Alex's reason for throwing the HoH is horrible but I can understand her rationale: if she won, there would have been a full court press by Paul for her to put up Jason. Alex is dumb, delusional and mean but she would have known that putting up Jason is: 1) very shitty of her; and 2) very stupid of her. So she wants Xmas to put up whoever and her hands are clean. Remember she still thinks she has a F2 with Paul. Dumb as hell, but I can understand why she did it.

45 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Christmas' HOH letter seems to be coded. At least that's the impression I'm getting from Joker's.

I hope it says "America hates Paul and the hyena-sheep and loves Cody and Jess"

• Love 9
17 hours ago, simplyme said:

Both an Othello reference AND a Gone With the Wind reference tonight? You realize this crowd watches a trashy tv show, right? ;) (No, seriously, loved them both.)

I wouldn't watch one, let alone two, Twilight Movies in one day, so I wouldn't really know anything about this, but apparently, at the end of Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part I--which I didn't watch, and which I certainly didn't watch before watching Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II--the character Bella dies in childbirth.  I think.  I don't really know, since I didn't watch Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part I.  But if someone who watches Twilight movies (NOT ME!) were to watch Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part I, they might have seen a death during childbirth (ala Melanie Wilkes).  Unlike Melanie, Bella came back to life after she was bitten by a vampire, though.  At least, that's what I've heard happens, since I didn't watch the movie.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 11

Christmas has a walker now.  Pic of Paul carrying it up to the HOH room.  It must be in preparation for her being able to put some weight on that foot soon.  I haven't seen her use it yet.  

My wish is an Alex blind side.  That would be so delightful. A complete blind side where she doesn't even pack and has to walk out in her black bra and cheap cat ears. 

She really bothers me. I think she's more annoying than Paul.  I have to mute the feeds when she's on. 

I hope Christmas has a coded message that tells her to get Paul out now.  But knowing this lot it probably says something like "don't trust Kevin". 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Alex's reason for throwing the HoH is horrible but I can understand her rationale: if she won, there would have been a full court press by Paul for her to put up Jason. Alex is dumb, delusional and mean but she would have known that putting up Jason is: 1) very shitty of her; and 2) very stupid of her. So she wants Xmas to put up whoever and her hands are clean. Remember she still thinks she has a F2 with Paul. Dumb as hell, but I can understand why she did it.

I mean, I can see why everyone is making the moves that they are. Christmas working with Paul because she knows he's taking her to the end and she can't do it herself. Josh trusting Paul's choices as nobody else, besides Christmas, has bothered to talk game with him or protect him at the beginning of the game. I see where everyone's minds are at. 

The issue is that barely any of them are actually trying to play the game for themselves and they're just accepting that whatever is being told of them is fact. Alex thinks she's safe because she assumes everyone's voting out Kevin. When she goes up on the block, she might be suspicious about why Kevin isn't next to her, but she'll buy the whole "he's getting backdoored. No, seriously" excuse from Christmas and Paul. And then, like most of the houseguests this season, she won't trust her suspicions or ask questions or fight for veto until it's way too late and noms are already locked in. So she's going to end up like Maven if her or Jason don't win veto. 

You'd think after being an active part of blindsides this season that she'd learn to maybe ask more questions. She saw what happened with Maven when they didn't bother to make sure Jason was taking one of them off the block. Which is why I'm thriving off of Alex's eviction. It's why I need Jason to win veto to pull himself off...and not Kevin pulling Jason off. Alex needs to see that they want Kevin over her, even if he goes on the block next to her. 

• Love 4

When she goes up on the block, she might be suspicious about why Kevin isn't next to her, but she'll buy the whole "he's getting backdoored

I thought the plan was to put Alex and Kevin up.  Veto winner pulls Alex off and Jason goes up.  This of course depends on Jason not winning veto.  

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I thought the plan was to put Alex and Kevin up.  Veto winner pulls Alex off and Jason goes up.  This of course depends on Jason not winning veto.  

It's quite possible that I missed this conversation in the time that I went to bed last night. I thought Paul told Christmas that she just needed to put up Alex/Jason right off the bat, no backdoor, because it was too risky. I think Paul was worried about Jason winning veto and pulling Alex down, which means Kevin or Raven goes, which is not part of his plan.

13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Christmas has a walker now.  Pic of Paul carrying it up to the HOH room.  It must be in preparation for her being able to put some weight on that foot soon.  I haven't seen her use it yet.  

I think she's had a walker for a while. I remember seeing her use it to hop around upstairs a couple of weeks ago. At the time, she left the walker upstairs to use it there, and used the scooter while downstairs. I think it's too hard to get someone to drag the scooter up and downstairs all the time.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

It's quite possible that I missed this conversation in the time that I went to bed last night. I thought Paul told Christmas that she just needed to put up Alex/Jason right off the bat, no backdoor, because it was too risky. I think Paul was worried about Jason winning veto and pulling Alex down, which means Kevin or Raven goes, which is not part of his plan.

That was discussed, too and I think the better plan for getting Jason out.  I might have caught the conversation of 'what if' we did this as they went through their plans.  

If this is true, hopefully Jason will win veto.   It will be one hell of a day if they both go up.  Goody. 

3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I think she's had a walker for a while. I remember seeing her use it to hop around upstairs a couple of weeks ago. At the time, she left the walker upstairs to use it there, and used the scooter while downstairs. I think it's too hard to get someone to drag the scooter up and downstairs all the time.

She had been using the crutches up stairs and scooter down.  I could have missed this because I have not been watching the feeds much.  Ugh

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

That was discussed, too and I think the better plan for getting Jason out.  I might have caught the conversation of 'what if' we did this as they went through their plans.  

If this is true, hopefully Jason will win veto.   It will be one hell of a day if they both go up.  Goody. 

Watch Alex win veto. That would suck in terms of Alex's ego growing, but at the same time, Jason would be going and it would still be a blindside. So I guess it's still a win-win. 

I don't think we can lose this week. Alex or Jason will be going because Paul doesn't want Kevin or Raven evicted yet, so it won't happen. Paul/Josh with a Christmas tiebreaker, at best. But we all know Raven will do what Paul wants because he's her new Cody/Matt.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3

Yes, that's what I saw, as well. And there was some talk of Christmas actually being forthright when she puts them up, rather than pretending that there's some agenda other than breaking up the Jason/Alex pair. I look forward to them going on the block and then watching Alex run to Paul to whine. He'll tell her he had no idea, and that he thought he himself was going to be nominated. And she'll believe him.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Michichick said:

And there was some talk of Christmas actually being forthright when she puts them up, rather than pretending that there's some agenda other than breaking up the Jason/Alex pair.

Noooooooooooo! No, Paul, bad! The viewers want a BLINDSIDE. We deserve it after all we've put up with when it comes to Alex. They need to know what it feels like to be lied to!

Goddamnit! Paul ruining another potentially great week.

I mean, it'll still be good, but not as good as it could have been if Christmas is truthful.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Noooooooooooo! No, Paul, bad! The viewers want a BLINDSIDE. We deserve it after all we've put up with when it comes to Alex. They need to know what it feels like to be lied to!

Goddamnit! Paul ruining another potentially great week.

I mean, it'll still be good, but not as good as it could have been if Christmas is truthful.

I guess the only thing we have to look forward to is Jason winning the veto so Alex is out and off the feeds.  sigh   

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I guess the only thing we have to look forward to is Jason winning the veto so Alex is out and off the feeds.  sigh   

Although if Jason does get evicted....we will get a jury segment in a couple of weeks with Jason walking into the house and Cody, Elena, Mark, and Matt all roasting Jason. 

"So, Jase, how did choosing Paul's side over working with us work out for you? Oh, you got evicted? You got played by Paul like we said you would? Oh, I'm so not sorry."

And then Alex could walk in right behind him.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Although if Jason does get evicted....we will get a jury segment in a couple of weeks with Jason walking into the house and Cody, Elena, Mark, and Matt all roasting Jason. 

"So, Jase, how did choosing Paul's side over working with us work out for you? Oh, you got evicted? You got played by Paul like we said you would? Oh, I'm so not sorry."

Cody will probably be instrumental in Paul finishing in 2nd place again.  

Cody said he will vote for Paul in this situation and probably will.  Doesn't mean the others will.  Everyone got had. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Mark and Cody will just laugh and laugh!! I hope that happens!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Jason and Alex think that Kevin is the target.  All the others know Jason is.  Or Alex if that doesn't work out.  And to answer your question, no neither suspect they could be on the bottom.  lol  

Please let it be Alex, I haven't liked her from day one! No way is she AFP, even with the kind edit CBS.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Thank you for posting that the Jury House was shown. I went to CBS, called up the episode video, went to the Jury House, watched that and then shut down the video.

I wonder if CBS can track that?

I doubt it and even if they could, would they?  Nope.  The ratings are high and that is all they care about.  

I don't want Jason to go before Alex because I cannot sit through her yelling at the Diary Room how Jason should have listened to her , how she was right and he is dumb etc etc etc. 

Her  voice  makes me want to stick knitting needles in my ears and self lobotomize. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Cody will probably be instrumental in Paul finishing in 2nd place again.  

Oh, please please please! I juss really want Cody to pull a Donny and vote for the other person just to prevent Paul from getting an unanimous win. But no, Paul is definitely gonna win with every vote because this season is the worst.

I am simultaneously loling and banging my head against a wall over everyone throwing this HOH in particular to Christmas. I just. 

I am torn between wanting Christmas to tell Jason/Alex that they're the real targets at the nom ceremony so that they have to suffer all week or everyone lying to them so they can be completely blindsided. I mean I'm good either way. I just can't wait to see them get fucked! 

But ideally Jason would win veto so Alex was guaranteed to go. So delicious!

And now, for a hilarious tweet to both brighten your day and enrage you:

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Thank you for posting that the Jury House was shown. I went to CBS, called up the episode video, went to the Jury House, watched that and then shut down the video.

I wonder if CBS can track that?

They way ratings are determined is archaic and I doubt accurate but the method has not changed.  Unless you have a Neilson box on your TV, no one knows what you are watching.  No one. 

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They way ratings are determined is archaic and I doubt accurate but the method has not changed.  Unless you have a Neilson box on your TV, no one knows what you are watching.  No one. 

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm 

Yes, except ProfCrash watched on the CBS website, and you can rest assured that CBS tracks their video completion rates, as any site would. Doesn't mean they know who was watching, but they certainly track whether the whole video was completed.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mertensia said:

No, this is just a sympathy ploy. Gina Marie and the hat was... uncomfortable. 

Yeah, GM could be extreme enough that nobody REALLY wanted to know everywhere that hat had been....  :P

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yup! Production really hates them now. Building the set along with the rain relay and then they all throw it. This cast sucks. LOL!!!

Could've been worse; imagine Production's reaction if that defecation demonstration had played out on live broadcast.

2 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Christmas' HOH letter seems to be coded. At least that's the impression I'm getting from Joker's.

If I understood correctly, wasn't her letter dated something like July 14?  What coded message would still be relevant? "Beware - Mark and Elena voted to evict you"???

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am simultaneously loling and banging my head against a wall over everyone throwing this HOH in particular to Christmas. I just. 

I love this and I am laughing!  When they look back on this HOH, it will drive the point home.  These HGs do not do subtle!  They may not realize the depth of control Paul had when in jury house.  This is blatant.  They will be angry at first but then that will give away to shame and embarrassment.   

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She had been using the crutches up stairs and scooter down.  I could have missed this because I have not been watching the feeds much.  Ugh

She hasn't used the walker a whole lot but I've seen her use it a couple times.  I think she had the walker before she got her scooter.  For awhile it was just sitting against the backdoor and then she started using it upstairs a little bit.   She might use it upstairs if there's no one to carry her crutches up for her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Yes, except ProfCrash watched on the CBS website, and you can rest assured that CBS tracks their video completion rates, as any site would. Doesn't mean they know who was watching, but they certainly track whether the whole video was completed.

Advertisers go on the Neilson ratings when they buy time.  That is where the money is.  

Just now, wings707 said:

Advertisers go on the Neilson ratings when they buy time.  That is where the money is.  

As someone who had a 25-year career in media planning and buying, I can tell you that this is no longer accurate if by "Nielsen ratings" you mean strictly TV ratings. Nielsen has built a whole business segment around digital measurement and Total Audience Ratings, which include online viewership of TV shows.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/capabilities/ratings.html

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

As someone who had a 25-year career in media planning and buying, I can tell you that this is no longer accurate if by "Nielsen ratings" you mean strictly TV ratings. Nielsen has built a whole business segment around digital measurement and Total Audience Ratings, which include online viewership of TV shows.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/capabilities/ratings.html

I don't think this is being used yet.  Even this article implies this is in the near future.  

Quote:  "The media industry is in the midst of an important transition."

I tend to agree that the HOH not being aired live was the best thing for the show. Although, we won't really get a true representation of the HOH on the Sunday show either.  The feeds were down for a while after the eviction but we have no true idea how long or short the HOH actually took. BTW! It really was crazy that they had a rain delay. I can't even recall that the HG were stuck inside on any season due to rain. Even, the Fall/Winter edition they went outside and they had a firepit. It must be really rare that it rains in Southern California. That said, the one time I was there years ago and went to Disneyland it rained the whole time.

5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't think this is being used yet.  Even this article implies this is in the near future.  

Quote:  "The media industry is in the midst of an important transition."

It's not an article. It's part of Nielsen's website where they talk about products and services that they are actually currently selling to agencies, content providers, and advertisers. Total Content Ratings is a real service that exists and that advertisers do pay attention to.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/capabilities/total-content-ratings.html

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Michichick said:

And that is what I am hoping for. Maybe if enough people do the same thing we can send a subtle signal. Probably not but I can dream right? If they can tie it to the IP address, they would know that I have not watched an episode on the website since the week Jessica was sent home and now all I am watching is the Jury House bits. At the very least it might get us more Jury House stuff?

Probably not but I can dream

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I tend to agree that the HOH not being aired live was the best thing for the show. Although, we won't really get a true representation of the HOH on the Sunday show either.  The feeds were down for a while after the eviction but we have no true idea how long or short the HOH actually took. BTW! It really was crazy that they had a rain delay. I can't even recall that the HG were stuck inside on any season due to rain. Even, the Fall/Winter edition they went outside and they had a firepit. It must be really rare that it rains in Southern California. That said, the one time I was there years ago and went to Disneyland it rained the whole time.

Normally they wouldn't be stuck inside if it rains.  They were only stuck inside because they are not allowed to see what the comp was going to be. 

Hypotheticals anyone?

-Let's say Jason goes for the temptation and unleashes the two vetos and Jason and Kevin or Alex win veto. Who goes up on the block then? 

-Since Raven yelled all last week about Jason breaking the cardinal rule by lying and not telling someone straight up that they are the actual target, do you think she will show some self awareness this week and admit to Alex or Jason that they are the target if asked? I know the answer to this, just saying...

- I'm assuming that one of Jason/Alex/Kevin will leave this week - blindsided by Paul. If one of those that remains wins HoH in the double eviction, do we finally have a chance that somebody might put Paul on the block? Paul will have no time to smooth over his blindsiding.

I'm going to lol if someone goes for the tree this week after they told Big Brother it was the dumbest twist ever.

Edited by lids
8 minutes ago, lids said:

-Let's say Jason goes for the temptation and unleashes the two vetos and Jason and Kevin or Alex win veto. Who goes up on the block then? 

Well, if Jason/Alex are up on the block and Jason/Alex win veto, then Kevin/Raven go up. If Jason/Kevin win veto, Jason comes down, Raven goes up in his place, and then Kevin doesn't use veto.

Either way, Raven would go up and out. They have their four targets just in case; Paul may not like it, but he'd get rid of Raven if he had to. I think he'll see the benefit.

10 minutes ago, lids said:

-Since Raven yelled all last week about Jason breaking the cardinal rule by lying and not telling someone straight up that they are the actual target, do you think she will show some self awareness this week and admit to Alex or Jason that they are the target if asked? I know the answer to this, just saying...

No. Sorry to say what you're already thinking, but if nobody's expressed self awareness aloud to the group before, then it's probably not happening, especially from Raven.

11 minutes ago, lids said:

- I'm assuming that one of Jason/Alex/Kevin will leave this week - blindsided by Paul. If one of those that remains wins HoH in the double eviction, do we finally have a chance that somebody might put Paul on the block? Paul will have no time to smooth over his blindsiding.

Probably not. Paul has his bases covered so Josh/Christmas get targeted before he does. He might be put up, but there's no guarantee that he'd be voted out. I think everyone beside him still gets voted out. 

So, let's say Jason left this week. If Alex won HOH, Christmas/Kevin are going up 100%. Paul's been playing on the sidelines and since these people don't compare notes, they have no idea how involved Paul is.

It's a nice thought that Paul could actually go, but I think that's not happening. 

• Love 3

LOL, Christmas confirmed that they didn't even get to one race because everyone false started beforehand. Which means the HOH comp was most likely ten minutes, at most. Which means, with nobody taking the temptation this week (according to Master Paul), there's going to be no material to show for Sunday's episode. They'll have to either bring material from last week to explain Jalex/Kevin as targets, or they'll have to force something to happen. I know it's still fairly early today so anything could happen, but...poor editors if they give production nothing to work with.

• Love 2