Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E24: Rendezvous

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

I was majorly bored until the last ten minutes.and then I was weirdly praying for the rebels to kill Torres...but McGee to be out there? Huh? I thought Ducky was leaving? Huh?

..but I seriously want to use "Why are we talking about meatloaf" in a conversation at some point in my life...

• Love 2

I thought it was the food...weren't they trying to figure out stuff by the guy's Facebook account...God, I hope that no one ever does that if I die.....to think bbq ribs and NCIS posts could catch my killer?

• Love 1

The way it appeared to be telegraphed, I was sure McGee was about to be wounded.  They kept mentioning McGee and fatherhood so much, I was sure that's where we were headed.

I think it was the musical group because the Doors were also mentioned.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

The way it appeared to be telegraphed, I was sure McGee was about to be wounded.  They kept mentioning McGee and fatherhood so much, I was sure that's where we were headed.

That's exactly where I was going.  And if they kill him off instead of Bishop or Quinn...I will be done.

i like Nick, and now he's more comfortable w/the team and in his role.  And he's so suavely charming.

ETA:  I agree w/stone haven.   This was utterly boring until the end.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, roamyn said:

This was utterly boring until the end.

I could see the writers around a big white board with the characters names and someone marking off each minute each one was on camera and then  deciding who would be in the next scene to ballance screen time.  Thus more Jimmy than usual.  Leon shows up ?twice.  Brit delivers something to autopsy- check two minutes.  

And I found myself not caring who was supposed to be in charge. ( But I wonder whose big RV got rented for the epsode.)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, roamyn said:

That's exactly where I was going.  And if they kill him off instead of Bishop or Quinn...I will be done.

I don't think they'll kill McGee, but I could see him being wounded.  From a storyline perspective, it would be tremendously harsh to leave Delilah widowed with a new baby.   I don't see that happening.  In a way, I think it was good that Tim got off the helicopter.  He's SFA now, and that was an SFA move.  If Tony had been there, he would have been the one to get off and cover Gibbs' six.  Now that's Tim's job.  I think Tony would have been proud of his former probie.

• Love 9

The one thing I think this episode showed is that Reeves is unnecessary.  I like the character and the actor fine, but I think Gibbs, McGee, Bishop, Torres, and Quinn make a strong enough team.  There's not enough of a reason to need a British intelligence agent as a series regular.  As a recurring character definitely, but not as a series regular.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/16/2017 at 9:46 PM, Ohmo said:

I don't think they'll kill McGee, but I could see him being wounded.  From a storyline perspective, it would be tremendously harsh to leave Delilah widowed with a new baby.   I don't see that happening.  In a way, I think it was good that Tim got off the helicopter.  He's SFA now, and that was an SFA move.  If Tony had been there, he would have been the one to get off and cover Gibbs' six.  Now that's Tim's job.  I think Tony would have been proud of his former probie.

Wedding, pregnancy, baby shower, but what happens to the new husband, father. When Nick told McGee at the RV he would have his back, I knew the outcome. Gibbs wanted  to take Bishop instead of Torres to face off against rebels? The whole rescue op made no sense and the outcome was foolish just to create a cliffhanger. IMO. Gibbs and McGee only have handguns to defend themselves. The rebels are just thugs which suggests maybe the local government might arrive as backup to save the new dad and his boss..

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 5

I'm sick of cliffhangers. And how predictable. This episode was a big nothing burger. And shut up, Torres. I've really come to hate you.

Really hope there's some retooling for next year.

• Love 5

In my opinion, Torres stayed on board because Gibbs gave him the order - they blow up the copter, we all die. I'm not sure Torres even understood that Gibbs was staying behind. Yes, I absolutely understand no man left behind, but in this instance, their job was to rescue the kids and the injured SEAL. While harsh, Gibbs knew his job was to stay behind and deflect until the copter could get off the ground. Torres knew his was to get those kids to safety. Someone besides the one-handed sailor and the relieved father needed to defend the helicopter.  Just how I interpreted it, anyway.

• Love 12

Also, did anyone else notice that Gibbs' eyes looked funny? I tried to figure it out the whole episode - I finally noticed what I think was a black eye. His right one. His eyelid looked discolored. 

(Do I need a hobby? Yes. Yes, I do.)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose stomach was in a knot expecting/fearing that Mcgee would get shot. (Especially given all the "daddy to be" anvils being slung around.) Now he and Gibbs looked to be in deep crap.
I do hate cliffhangers.

12 hours ago, marina to said:

I'm sick of cliffhangers.

I'm sick of cliffhangers, too.  Way back when, shows didn't end seasons with cliffhangers for the most part.  Now, every show has to do it.

• Love 4

Cliffhangers have been tired and over-used since the 1980s. Seriously. Does ANYONE like them? Do you really spend the summer wondering and worrying about the outcome? Are you more likely to tune in for the next season because of a cliffhanger? I, personally, am not. I tune in -- or don't tune in -- because I like the show.

I think... I'm out, here and for the other NCIS shows as well. I won't say they jumped the shark exactly, but the fun factor is gone. There's nothing remotely believable, and the characters just aren't interesting anymore. Like the cliffhanger trope, they're tired.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, rainsmom said:

Cliffhangers have been tired and over-used since the 1980s. Seriously. Does ANYONE like them? Do you really spend the summer wondering and worrying about the outcome? Are you more likely to tune in for the next season because of a cliffhanger? I, personally, am not. I tune in -- or don't tune in -- because I like the show.

I think... I'm out, here and for the other NCIS shows as well. I won't say they jumped the shark exactly, but the fun factor is gone. There's nothing remotely believable, and the characters just aren't interesting anymore. Like the cliffhanger trope, they're tired.

I think I enjoyed 2, maybe 3 episodes this season.  I used to love this show.  I think they're too focused on the private lives.  It seems like the focus 2 minutes to the cases anymore.  I think I'll tune in for one episode somewhere around mid-season next year just to make sure my McGee is OK (he's always been my fave on this show), but I'm not really fretting over it.  I'm sure he's fine. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure why a ratings juggernaut like NCIS needs a cliffhanger but there you go - it's the thing to do. I hope they try to rectify the ship a bit over the summer. I appreciate that they were trying to shake up things  with the newbies but I don't think it really worked. (And by rectify the ship I don't mean kill off McGee!!!) Best episode this season was the one with Palmer trying to talk down the suicical kid (Keep Going, ep. 13).

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Best episode this season was the one with Palmer trying to talk down the suicical kid (Keep Going, ep. 13).

I liked Keep Going and the one with the horses.  Probably because, horses.  I just can't believe that a couple of years ago, I would look forward to this show every week, and now I'm like, should I watch or not?  Only if I have absolutely nothing better to do.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Wonder if that yellow number seven on Gibb's black hat is a reference to Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback #7 Big Ben Rothlisberger?

I think 7 was Mark Harmon's number at UCLA, so it could be an inside joke of some sort. 

Do you really spend the summer wondering and worrying about the outcome?

I still remember freaking out at the end of the final episode of Season 1 of The West Wing. That was a cliffhanger. This was "eh, the team's in trouble? It must be a Tuesday in May." 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/17/2017 at 11:40 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wonder how the season would have ended had we not lost Glasberg so suddenly last Fall.

I wonder if the Gibbs/McGee 'something blue' moment with the watch was done instead of a Tony cameo appearance or was there a feeling that his return might overshadow the pregnancy news.  I wonder if the quick pregnancy announcement was part of the Glasberg vision for season end. The move seems rushed or was it done now to fit a time jump. The last action segment reminded me of so many final scenes in NCIS-LA episodes with the fierce gun battle and vehicle explosions. At least, nobody from the team was part of a vehicle crash especially McGee.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

I still remember freaking out at the end of the final episode of Season 1 of The West Wing. That was a cliffhanger. This was "eh, the team's in trouble? It must be a Tuesday in May." 

"WHO'S BEEN HIT???!"

• Love 5
(edited)

Honestly, I figure next season will open at the gun fight, then automatically jump four months where Gibbs and McGee have been held hostage by the RAC.  That would put Delilah around 7 months pregnant.  She'll go into early labor the day McGee and Gibbs are rescued, but won't know it, and the cliffhanger going into November sweeps will be "Does Tim make it out of the Paraguayan jungle in time to be there for the birth of his kid?"

Nick will of course find Gibbs and McGee because he makes sweet, sweet love to the English-speaking Paraguayan woman and she'll somehow be the ring leader.  Quinn and Bishop will bumble around MTAC.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, saylubee said:

Honestly, I figure next season will open at the gun fight, then automatically jump four months where Gibbs and McGee have been held hostage by the RAC.  That would put Delilah around 7 months pregnant.  She'll go into early labor the day McGee and Gibbs are rescued, but won't know it, and the cliffhanger going into November sweeps will be "Does Tim make it out of the Paraguayan jungle in time to be there for the birth of his kid?"

Nick will of course find Gibbs and McGee because he makes sweet, sweet love to the English-speaking Paraguayan woman and she'll somehow be the ring leader.  Quinn and Bishop will bumble around MTAC.

Jimmy will have made one totally in appropriate joke each episode, Ducky will be hanging on because Jimmy has no gravotas.

Abby's pigtails will have migrated down about an inch, another crime scene dog will end up in the ultraclean lab Abby rules over. 

Leon will have something happen with one of his children getting older (are they still on the show?) 

The showrunners, unable to admit that the older crime fighters were a bad idea as a bring back, will stumble on a crime scene where the deceased is a second cousin twice removed by marriage from a deceased SecNav, and Tony sr. will reappear.

• Love 3

IMHO, next season's going to start with Navy Special Ops teams arriving on scene in the nick of time, in Black Ops helicopters, using major fire power to take out all the bad guys & rescue Gibbs & Tim.  We'll learn Director Vance secretly ordered this operation, just in case, & was waiting to hear from Torres before sending in the cavalry.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, honeydo7 said:

IMHO, next season's going to start with Navy Special Ops teams arriving on scene in the nick of time, in Black Ops helicopters, using major fire power to take out all the bad guys & rescue Gibbs & Tim.  We'll learn Director Vance secretly ordered this operation, just in case, & was waiting to hear from Torres before sending in the cavalry.

+100 It is hard to believe that Vance would leave the team hanging once he realized the danger.  His early comment to Gibbs to only use defensive tactics was a not-so-subtle hint that support was forthcoming which confirms your theory about a potential rescue. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2017 at 6:23 PM, JackONeill said:

Was that meatloaf as in the musical group? Aren't they a little...old?

Are you asking if Meatloaf, the performer, is a little old?  Which...yes, yes he is for this crowd. On the other hand, he was on Celebrity Apprentice, so he might have picked up some younger fans. 

On 5/17/2017 at 1:05 PM, rainsmom said:

I think... I'm out...the fun factor is gone. There's nothing remotely believable, and the characters just aren't interesting anymore. Like the cliffhanger trope, they're tired.

I am sad to say I feel the same way. The young agents are so flip and so smug -- when Torres told Gibbs in autopsy, "Ah, I know you like me," I was like, "Really?" The lack of respect annoys me. I like how they all used to look up to and fear Gibbs. I was actually happy when they were babbling about meatloaf and Gibbs jumped on them, saying "Get me some answers!" 

I couldn't even get anxious about the cliffhanger; I don't believe either will die. I did like Gibbs picking off so many shooters, though. He will always be my fave.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, VinceW said:

+100 It is hard to believe that Vance would leave the team hanging once he realized the danger.  His early comment to Gibbs to only use defensive tactics didn't make any sense and I think that confirms your theory about a potential rescue. 

That felt more like standard CYA.  Vance knew exactly what Gibbs was going to do.  He has to officially say that he can't sanction anything, but he is also telling Gibbs that he unofficially supports him.

Good cliffhangers are awesome.  NCIS isn't the right vehicle for a good cliffhanger.  It's a show I enjoy watching as something safe and unspectacular, with characters I find likeable.  I don't watch for great storytelling.

• Love 3

I forgot to mention this in my orig post and kept meaning to all week - you can't tell me that GIBBS - of all people - regardless of faith - didn't know enough to take off his hat in the chapel. harrumph.

disclaimer: I am a (very) lapsed Catholic, but it still bugged.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, MortysCleaningLady said:

Of course the cliffhanger has the only two agents that I care about getting left to fight.   If it was Bishop, would anyone honestly be rooting for her?   

Not to fear about Gibbs and McGee for very long. Something to happen to McGee would be cruel. During the MTAC session, the woman official told Reeves that the Paraguay military had been notified that 3 US agents were in territory. Also, Bishop reported that Navy backup was made available for the helo pickup. The whole point of the story was to get McGee to realize his new responsibilities as a husband and father besides being SFA now. I am sure there will be a big scene between Gibbs and McGee about it after the rescue.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2