Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Yep, read that . I was just confused with Wendy saying she didn't to do the story because she didn't want AB coming for her , because she's not one to play those games or whatever she said.  I guess I just thought there was history between WW and AB. Wendy never seems shy away from gossip. 

• Love 3

The Simpson's controversy about Hank Azaria's voice acting of the East Indian character is about 5-6 months old.  A documentary was made about this.  Why did Wendy report this old news?  I think she is crazy to want Bill Cosby to be holed up in a studio apartment and be fed bread and water.  He's going to appeal anyway and probably stay out of jail during that process.  Why is she meddling in the racist student's story again but "soft" on Bill Cosby?  

Also, she is making herself too much of the topics she is "reporting".  I think she is doing that so she doesn't have to try to remember the "hot topics".

• Love 1

@Babalooie I read those blind items. Not too many were shockers but the story about Brandon Lee and The Crow (his death movie) hit close to home. I’ve worked at that movie studio. What a sad insight and emotionally written.  Thanks for the hour of entertainment. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

The Simpson's controversy about Hank Azaria's voice acting of the East Indian character is about 5-6 months old.  A documentary was made about this.  Why did Wendy report this old news?  I think she is crazy to want Bill Cosby to be holed up in a studio apartment and be fed bread and water.  He's going to appeal anyway and probably stay out of jail during that process.  Why is she meddling in the racist student's story again but "soft" on Bill Cosby?  

Also, she is making herself too much of the topics she is "reporting".  I think she is doing that so she doesn't have to try to remember the "hot topics".

Hank has said he'd stop voicing the character when he appeared on Colbert which brought the issue up again. That's where I saw him say it anyway.

There was a lady in the audience on The Talk Thursday who they have a mic to who was soft on Cosby too. She was stressing the not enough evidence and that the women took too long to come forward.

I agree with you about Wendy talking about herself so she doesn't have to remember stuff. I think she does it to fill time too.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

It seems that something is going cray cray in her world again. Whether it’s a divorce from Bad Kevin or something like substance abuse, time will tell. In the meantime she’s leaving us to suffer...or change to new outlets for our gossip. I don’t want to hear her rant (at 3 pm) about something that all the other channels covered the day before. I want fresh scoop. New insight into what’s going on. Say for instance that gossip site (from Babalooie) had a neat quip about how Justin Theroux (in his NYC pad) has a 50 Shades of Grey Room and that everyone in NY knows about it. People gossip.  Now I realize that she’s in NJ but she used to work in NYC and I’m sure she still has contacts there. She chats about going in to the clubs in Manhattan what does she see and hear? I hate this downwards spiral. 

Please get out of the clouds Wendy. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Wendy made no sense today. She went off on several embarrassing tangents in Hot Topics and Norman had to reel her back in. Thank god for Norman. White people have more people to hold them up when they fall as opposed to black people? Ok, tell that to Kevin Spacey and Weinstein to name a few. I don't see any white people holding them up. That whole Cosby segment had me going What. The. Eff. Then she said he should be living out of prison, sleeping on a cot somewhere with bread and water.... somebody please help this woman! 

I could not even figure out what the heck she was talking about with Ali Wentworth. Her friend Reggie calling her talking about Ali's husband George, Wendy hanging up on her, Wendy watching George every Sunday, blah blah blah. She lost Ali, too, who was trying hard to keep up with her rant. There was no following that crazy train of thought. 

Wendy said she'd never thought of George as sexy until her friend brought it up and now she sees it for herself. I think of him as adorable in a Keebler elf kind of way, but sexy? Not seeing it.

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yep, read that . I was just confused with Wendy saying she didn't to do the story because she didn't want AB coming for her , because she's not one to play those games or whatever she said.  I guess I just thought there was history between WW and AB. Wendy never seems shy away from gossip. 

Her entire career has been about "playing those games" with people so I don't see why she's afraid of doing it now. The woman makes zero sense.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Hank has said he'd stop voicing the character when he appeared on Colbert which brought the issue up again. That's where I saw him say it anyway.

There was a lady in the audience on The Talk Thursday who they have a mic to who was soft on Cosby too. She was stressing the not enough evidence and that the women took too long to come forward.

I agree with you about Wendy talking about herself so she doesn't have to remember stuff. I think she does it to fill time too.

I saw Hank many months ago discussing the same thing on a talk show.  I thought it was the old clip that I saw months ago.  I guess Colbert is searching for things to talk about too.

26 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I used to think she did HT from memory after going over the news, etc in her morning meeting.   This was shown to be not the case earlier this week, when she complained about the words used on the teleprompter.   They showed the teleprompter and you could see whole sentences written out, that it practically feeds her the lines she repeats on camera.  Apparently, she has to sacrifice longer stories/more gossip for exciting tidbits like how much she loves Gold Bond lotion.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Apparently, she has to sacrifice longer stories/more gossip for exciting tidbits like how much she loves Gold Bond lotion.

Don't forget about Air Wick. She mentioned during one of her Air Wick promotional bits that they had them plugged in all around the studio. I'm betting some people got a headache from it too.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Apparently, she has to sacrifice longer stories/more gossip for exciting tidbits like how much she loves Gold Bond lotion.

And not only does she love it,  apparently Little Kev loves it too! <eye roll>  Yeah, I really believe a 17 year old kid is going to rave about the effects of lotion.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

And not only does she love it,  apparently Little Kev loves it too! <eye roll>  Yeah, I really believe a 17 year old kid is going to rave about the effects of lotion.  

Bwahaha!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, patty1h said:

They showed the teleprompter and you could see whole sentences written out, that it practically feeds her the lines she repeats on camera. 

Holy crap! I never knew she used a teleprompter. She has no excuse for the dismal Hot Topics she's putting out there, the lack of information, the people's names that she forgets, etc... it's all written right there for her, all she has to do is read!

13 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Oh yeah, she said he never calls her but had to call this time to tell her how great it is! Jeezus, how this show has deteriorated in to total garbage. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Holy crap! I never knew she used a teleprompter. She has no excuse for the dismal Hot Topics she's putting out there, the lack of information, the people's names that she forgets, etc... it's all written right there for her, all she has to do is read!

Oh yeah, she said he never calls her but had to call this time to tell her how great it is! Jeezus, how this show has deteriorated in to total garbage. 

Amen to that! I only watch for the next embarrassing thing Wendy is going to say or, wear!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Can you imagine what would be going on without a teleprompter, the bug in her ear, and Norman?  Poor Wendy, she really is in bad shape - cognitively.  I'm amused now but I'm sure I'll be sad for her later.  But that doesn't explain the Q-tips.

• Love 3

The Anita Baker segment was weird.  I had heard about the China Anne story (I love Anita Baker) and just kind of wrote it off.  I could see how either side could be true... and I could also see how I didn't care.  So for Wendy to say, "I'm not gonna go there!" and then going there was lame.  Sounds like a personal beef with Anita from way back.

My local news pre-empts Wendy for all kinds of things... car chases, breaking news, really any excuse to bump Wendy off the air.  It used to upset me but now I don't find myself caring so much.  Wendy has lost her joie de vivre.  

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Lol, if he is, he certainly has a different use than the one she is using it for.

• Love 5

Wendy's new good friend R. Kelly is making news today because women's groups are protesting his concerts, to the point where at least one show has been cancelled; he's declaring his innocence.  Great subject for HT tomorrow, right?  We'll see if Wendy talks about this on the show and how she spins it -- guilty or innocent.  My guess is she'll address it but leave her opinion vague/won't shade Kelly and say something like "we'll keep an eye on this story".

'

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I missed today’s show. Did anything noteworthy happen? I appreciate all of you who keep me in the loop. 

Honestly, not really.  She had a new girl help her with the gossip section after Hot Topics who was really cute and fun.  But the show was largely background noise for me today while I paid bills online.

(edited)

I see that Wendy did address the R.Kelly controversy, and she is still making him out to be a saint in disguise, because he was nice enough to talk to her in a club after midnight with a bottle of booze between them.  He must have slipped something in her drink to make her forget all of the nasty things he's supposed to have done, and forget how she shaded him on previous shows.  She said the the public beating that R. Kelly is getting is worse than what happened to Michael Jackson.  Then she polled the audience on whether they will turn on her if she gets R.Kelly in as a guest - the audience response was positive.  I'm sure the audience wants him on to see Wendy ask "the hard questions", but I can see her asking him a lot of soft questions that make him seem wrongly accused.  

Another person who Wendy badmouthed a little while ago is Kathy Griffin and I see from the previews that Kathy is on later this week.  Either Wendy just says things on the show to be outrageous or she has a very forgiving nature or she will bring anybody on the show and use them to fill up an hour.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 2

First the plugs for her shirt and sneakers. Get them at HSN. She did look cute today. 

The Kayne news is old, but I didn’t realize that Dr Jan lost his license due to DUI’s. 

She’s just started the R. Kelly story and I have to go somewhere. I don’t know if this is a good or a bad thing (missing another show). 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She’s just started the R. Kelly story and I have to go somewhere. I don’t know if this is a good or a bad thing (missing another show). 

Mindthinkr, you need to have DVR. With my cable service you can record 4 shows at once and the best part is you can ff through all the commercials.  Once you have it, you will wonder how you ever lived without it! 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Mindthinkr, you need to have DVR. With my cable service you can record 4 shows at once and the best part is you can ff through all the commercials.  Once you have it, you will wonder how you ever lived without it! 

True, but it would add $9 to my bill and I have a cap on what I’m willing to spend. Right now I have TV (extended) HBO, Showtime, Netflix and Amazon prime. The Netflix is $10 and $110 for Amazon then $130 for the other stuff. 

No WW today in Southern California due to high speed pursuit of a stolen Audi. 

Now no Dr. Phil because of police pursuit of an RV with an alleged kidnap victim. I am enjoying the police pursuits so much more than Phil and WW.

• Love 6

What the hell is up with Wendy and this R Kelly BS?  First she gives us that ridiculous story a few months ago about him summoning her late at night to talk, and how now he is her best friend.  Then she goes into more detail yesterday and how it relates to the new protests against him. 

First of all, what the hell was the point of Wendy meeting with him, talking to him, specifically pointing out that he allowed her to ask him any questions, but that they remain confidential?  Is Wendy really that gullible?  Can't she or her team see that R Kelly was using her to either gain some "people" on his side unofficially, or at the least to neutralize her from talking bad about him on a daily basis?

The worst part is Wendy fell for it.  She came on the show after declaring how "great" he is, and how she knows some things but can't talk about them.  Yes, Wendy that is exactly what every talk show host wants a really exclusive interview with a  controversial figure that she can't air, or subsequently talk about. 

Now she wants to actually troll the audience to see how far we will drag her if/when she can get a legitimate interview from him.

What's worse is that Wendy has always had this, believe it or not, "respectable" stance about not mixing with celebrities and how that would compromise her doing her show.  All it took was a late night phone call, a warm welcome, and a pre-made drink.  Speaking of, what woman with connecting brain cells would ever accept a pre-made drink from R. Kelly?  Yes, I understand Wendy was there with Kevin and her manager, and I don't believe that R Kelly would of tried to drug her, but just on principle and professionalism alone I would of declined that drink.

Now take the R. Kelly situation above and compare that to Kathy Griffin whom Wendy shared a few weeks ago had legitimately reached out to her in her time of need for some "advice".  Wendy unashamedly admitted that she left Kathy hanging and wouldn't respond or return her phone calls. 

Now R. Kelly with all of his misdeeds and actual "allegations" over the years is someone who can summon you at the drop of a hat, but Kathy doesn't even deserve you returning her phone calls. 

Even from a professional standpoint it doesn't make any sense.  You have more of an opportunity to have gotten an exclusive interview with Kathy back then if you had showed her some decency than getting this fake confidential interview with R. Kelly that you can't talk about.

I really try and like Wendy I just feel I never know where I stand with her.  Is she the "no holds barred radio Wendy" or the "calmer, mature but still a little snarky Wendy", or is she just an opportunist who goes wherever the wind takes her?

• Love 6
(edited)

I am clearly too old and too white for this show.   Sitting through the R Kelly nonsense and Kanye is an icon?  No, he isn't.  He is a crazy man who married a high profile reality 'star.'  MIchael Jackson is an icon. 

She is looking good these days.  I loved her black and white check circle skirt.  I love that she is wearing flat shoes, too.  Her shuffle to the chair in heels looked stupid.   If you can't take a normal step in them go down an inch.  

Kathy Griffin has become a charcaturer of herself.  She is exhausting. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8

Another long time was spent on Kanye. Le Sigh. 

Nas is not invested in Testa...maybe Tesla. Get your facts straight Wendy. Also not being able to remember Ashley Judd but to keep saying Winona. Big difference between the two sisters. 

It’s Dor-eet not Dor-it. 

I wish Kathy G hadn’t kept clapping at her own comments. It was loud and annoying. I do wish I knew the word she said that got bleeped out (when discussing Andy Cohen). 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wish Kathy G hadn’t kept clapping at her own comments. It was loud and annoying. I do wish I knew the word she said that got bleeped out (when discussing Andy Cohen). 

It was a sentence not just one word.  I think she said he (Cohen) was too busy fucking Cooper in the ass.  Something like that.  It was shocking to the audience and Wendy both so it was OTT. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Wings said:

It was a sentence not just one word.  I think she said he (Cohen) was too busy fucking Cooper in the ass.  Something like that.  It was shocking to the audience and Wendy both so it was OTT. 

Kathy is very bitter and I understand it. However, she should not go down in the gutter. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kathy is very bitter and I understand it. However, she should not go down in the gutter. 

Yes, she is not familiar with the high road.  :>)

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I really try and like Wendy I just feel I never know where I stand with her.  Is she the "no holds barred radio Wendy" or the "calmer, mature but still a little snarky Wendy", or is she just an opportunist who goes wherever the wind takes her?

Wendy is an opportunist, always has been and always will be.  I still remember her crying on the radio, after, viewing, the infamous R. Kelly, peepee tape with that underage girl.  Usher was her guest that day and was comforting her.  I also remember her talking about his marriage with the underage Aaliyah.  So, her defense of R. Kelly, after, one clandestine meeting, is odd, to say the least.  I expect that we will see him on the show, soon. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I am clearly too old and too white for this show.   Sitting through the R Kelly nonsense and Kanye is an icon?  No, he isn't.  He is a crazy man who married a high profile reality 'star.'  MIchael Jackson is an icon. 

Don't feel that your age and race have bearing on finding some of this stuff ridiculous.  I'm black and I can't relate to a lot of this crap either, though I am a little older than most of Wendy's demographic.  I spend about 25% of the hour that the show airs shaking my head at the nonsense and foolishness that I see and hear, while wondering why I keep coming back.   I wish I knew.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, Wings said:

She is looking good these days.  I loved her black and white check circle skirt.  I love that she is wearing flat shoes, too.  Her shuffle to the chair in heels looked stupid.   If you can't take a normal step in them go down an inch.  

So is Wendy! J/k kinda. And I am too old, non AA and cranky to watch her at this point ;-)

15 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wendy is an opportunist, always has been and always will be.  I still remember her crying on the radio, after, viewing, the infamous R. Kelly, peepee tape with that underage girl.  Usher was her guest that day and was comforting her.  I also remember her talking about his marriage with the underage Aaliyah.  So, her defense of R. Kelly, after, one clandestine meeting, is odd, to say the least.  I expect that we will see him on the show, soon. 

Truth!

Bitch would do anything for a check.

16 hours ago, Wings said:

Cohen is fucking Cooper in the figurative ass. Anyways.

her homophobic ways are front and center again????

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
(edited)

Kathy may have been saying that Cohen is a coke head too. That was one of the claims she's been making since he started shading her after her incident last year.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

Oh no! My DVR did not record today! In fairness, it probably was like, "oh hell no, I can't record this shit again!" But I gotta know if there was any crazytown today. Can someone recap? popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Love 2
On 5/2/2018 at 3:35 PM, Wings said:

Wendy's show is one of the few that will probably agree to have Kathy as a guest anymore. I can't believe Kathy has sold out gigs again? Wendy is thirsty for guests, so she will take anybody.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Wendy's show is one of the few that will probably agree to have Kathy as a guest anymore. I can't believe Kathy has sold out gigs again?

I know, right?  But honestly, if Kathy has a show anywhere near me, I'll go just to support the idea that she will not be silenced or bullied into obscurity.  So her sold-out shows may be more of a show of support for the First Amendment rather than Kathy herself.  I liked D-List Kathy tremendously but I have a feeling she can no longer be that silly, gossipy Kathy.  Oh well.  I'm sure Renee Zellweger is relieved.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’d go see Kathy G in a heartbeat. I wouldn’t go see Wendy. Alas, she’d be reading cue cards and fumbling and that isn’t professional. 

Wendy would have Norman in the front row with cue cards and an earpiece. 

• Love 3
On 5/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, Mindthinkr said:

True, but it would add $9 to my bill and I have a cap on what I’m willing to spend. Right now I have TV (extended) HBO, Showtime, Netflix and Amazon prime. The Netflix is $10 and $110 for Amazon then $130 for the other stuff. 

Oh, I feel ya! My monthly cable bill is the most expensive utility bill I have. It's outrageous! Still, I have to have my DVR in 3 different rooms..

• Love 3

^^When she was talking about the Kevin Hart extortion plan that was hatched by Kevin's own friend, Wendy used that expression while explaining that the woman that was on the sex tape was not a co-conspirator.  Even so, Wendy gave the woman some shade for knowingly sleeping with a married man.

11 hours ago, patty1h said:

Even so, Wendy gave the woman some shade for knowingly sleeping with a married man.

Yet she doesn’t throw any shade to the woman sleeping with Bad Kevin. 

• Love 2

Guest Van Jones again. Proves my point in an earlier post about Wendy being thirsty for guests. He's been on 3 times already. Pissed me off when she asked him about his opinion of R. Kelly and he wouldn't reply. 

• Love 1

She is definitely thirsty for guess. 

Regarding Kathy, she has been on the View and Howard Stern prior to WW.

It looks like she took inspiration, from the late Joan Rivers( her friend/mentor) to fight back and keep working.

Back to Wendy, she  sometimes follows and promotes the Fox agenda and sometimes she is more her, imo. Strange bird.

Imho, She needs a succession plan.

She hates the job, has the finance to retire and work less. It is Time for her to give someone else  a hand’s up, imo.

and by that, I don’t mean Jerry ;-)

Wendy can't retire entirely.  She thrives on being in the spotlight.  I mean really, did the world need another celebrity clothing line?  No.  Is her stuff that different and new?  No.  She just puts tacky embellishments on clothing already done.  She wanted another way to get out there.  Another way to gain more fanbase.  

What she needs and really wants is a forum that she can control almost completely.  She is shackled on this show because she can't say exactly what she want in the way she wants, she's got to worry about sponsors and network rules.  She should drop the show and start a XM (is that right?) channel like Stern but she would lose fanbase because right now, everyone with a tv can tune in whereas if she went to pay radio, she'd lose a lot of people.  She'd be happier not having to worry about tv standards and practices.

Then again, she'd still be a mess.

• Love 3