Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They just posted something on the Primetimer main page with a link to a Los Angeles Times article (I think there's a paywall, though they let me look at one article) about this, that many believe the video is old.  (Many are more observant than I was!)  Her team probably won't admit it and will just make up some weird explanation (probably having to do with Graves disease) or put out some vague statement that doesn't answer anything.  They probably thought the video would help her cause after no one was satisified by the photos of her said to be watching the Super Bowl while wearing really short shorts.

ETA: I understand Wendy's desire for privacy (even though she never wanted anyone else to have any), but I get sick of reading about how all her problems are supposed to be from her Graves disease.  Sometimes the stories do say she is off because of that and "other issues."  I think they still try to cite that as the cause of her fainting on that Halloween episode (Entertainment Tonight's favorite clip) even though I think the TV movie (which Wendy approved) seemed to say it happened because she had been drinking over Kevin.

Edited by KWalkerInc
Added another paragraph.
  • Love 7

Wendy made Inside Edition again yesterday. They said Wendy's people insisted the video was taken in the last 24 hours, and that Wendy is in Florida where she "feels her mother's presence" and that's why she spoke of her mother in present tense. And that she simple made an error when saying her age. 

Now I must confess I have on occasion forget how old I am. (Don't judge, I don't celebrate my birthday at all, so it gets blurry!) The bottom line is Wendy will never tell the truth about anything if she can possibly avoid it and/or can come up with something more sympathetic or self-serving, so I'm sure we will never know. She would be smart to write a warts and all memoir someday, cuz I would love to know how she has gotten away with this stuff for years, and still has a job to come back to.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Wendy made Inside Edition again yesterday. They said Wendy's people insisted the video was taken in the last 24 hours, and that Wendy is in Florida where she "feels her mother's presence" and that's why she spoke of her mother in present tense. And that she simple made an error when saying her age. 

I saw that too. Her people want to make it sound like the video was recorded yesterday because they want her money released. And until they can prove she's of sound mind, her account will remain frozen. So they'll come up with all kinds of reasonable excuses to refute the obvious. 

• Love 8

I thought she sounded all over the place in the video. She also seemed ornery toward her son when she said he wouldn’t know about her working out, because he doesn’t go with her. She listed family members she’s glad to have around her, and left out her son. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 5

https://www.lovebscott.com/exclusive-wendy-williams-show-officially-canceled-june-sherri-shepherd-show-premiere-fall

Reportedly Wendy's show is cancelled as of June. All staff have been rehired for Sherri Shepard's show in the fall.

https://radaronline.com/p/wendy-williams-show-producers-furious-with-talk-show-host-instagram-video/

Reportedly the beach video ticked off the producers. #1--- Because she appears healthy enough to return to work, but hasn't. And #2--- Because she posted it on personal social media, not on the show's accounts.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 2/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Her contact expires this year. I doubt it will be renewed because they are paying her big bucks and she can’t even show up to work. I don’t think they will continue the WW show. After her time on the dime runs out any person willing to continue with a gossip show will want their own name on the marquee. I predict she will be history by June. I hope her staff can find either find new employment or someone else can step up as EP with a new host or hostess. 

You are also correct. She has not been transparent about what’s going on and millions of people function well with Grave’s disease to have full time employment.  Something else is going on. I’m leaning towards some kind of substance abuse; be it drugs or alcohol. I also suspect there is some dementia at work here. Norman has been supplying her info for years now as she can’t even get names straight. 

Looks like you called it weeks ago!

• Love 7

Anyone know if Sherri's breasts are real? I think I read somewhere a long time ago that they are real. If so, she's carrying a heavy load!

But I still like her better than the other buffoons who have hosted the show. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Anyone know if Sherri's breasts are real? I think I read somewhere a long time ago that they are real. If so, she's carrying a heavy load!

But I still like her better than the other buffoons who have hosted the show. 

Yes they are real.

I think the show will be Sherry's, the audience was chanting her name and that must have killed Wendy if she saw it today..

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yes they are real.

I think the show will be Sherry's, the audience was chanting her name and that must have killed Wendy if she saw it today..

Agree. I just wish she would stop thanking "the queen" 🙄🤢

• Love 3
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

The producers make her do that!

So Sherri gets her own talk show, says she isn't replacing Wendy but can't say that Wendy's show is cancelled.

There is probably so much to prepare of the new show that they had to announce it now and not keep the staff in limbo. That being said, I do like Sherri. 

• Love 6

I think all of the WW references (How YOU Doin', thank you to the Queen etc) will no longer be a part of the new show. I noticed something Sherri said to one of the guests (forgot who it was) she was interviewing. Sherri said something like "do you want to do shoe cam?"  Wendy never ASKED her guests. She TOLD them to do the shoe cam. And I would love it if the stupid shoe cam schtick went away forever.  Along with "How You Doin". I will be doing fine Wendy, now that you're gone.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Yeah there was a brief blurb at the beginning of the View congratulating Sherri but pushed ahead and didnt give details

• Love 4

Why do I think that when Wendy loses her show, that she will spiral into a sad, mad mess? I could see her going either two directions:  showing up on red carpets or award shows to get her picture taken, wearing something that shows too much skin for her age.  There's Wendy at the BET Awards in cut-off shorts and those boobs! 

The second route is a modern version of Edie Beale, locked up in a place full of dusty junk and too many cats, going on social media with crazy rants.  I think she will be stuck on how she was a pioneer in radio, changed the face of daytime TV, won awards, etc. (Edie Beale was an eccentric recluse who grew up rich but ended up living in a dilapidated shack, broke and demented.  There are several documentaries about her as she was related to the Kennedy family)

• Love 1

Wendy's statement reads okay to me.  Definitely written by her PR folks.  While it would be nice if she congratulated Sherri, she could do that in a separate statement or when her show officially debuts.  For now, the statement shows gratitude and is careful to not burn any bridges.  That's something she has not previously done well. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Why do I think that when Wendy loses her show, that she will spiral into a sad, mad mess?

She has already made that journey.

There's a lot we haven't been told about Wendy's mental/physical health since she's been gone from the show. It's called the truth. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I think all of the WW references (How YOU Doin', thank you to the Queen etc) will no longer be a part of the new show. I noticed something Sherri said to one of the guests (forgot who it was) she was interviewing. Sherri said something like "do you want to do shoe cam?"  Wendy never ASKED her guests. She TOLD them to do the shoe cam. And I would love it if the stupid shoe cam schtick went away forever.  

All of that is Wendy's shtick. Sherri's new show won't be Wendy 2.0.

I think Sherri can have a nice feel good show!

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Yes. I totally agree. That's what I was trying to convey in my post. I just took a different route to get there! Lol.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rightside said:

Totally agree!  Sherri should just do Sherri. 

Oh, and Sherri, please stop shouting, okay?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

When I learned about Sherri and the crap she pulled with the surrogate and disowning her second child  I stopped watching every time she was on as a guest host. 

I'm surprised she hasn't been canceled yet because of that stunt but now that she's getting her show maybe it will come to light again and ruin her once and for all.  She's just an awful human being. Leah Remini or Michael R would have been better in my opinion.

I have serveral posts here complaining about how mean Wendy got towards the end to guests and the employees. She just seemed ungrateful and lazy, but dementia and/or heavy drug use would make more sense in retrospect.

What is her son doing to her? Or someone else who has taken advantaged of her.  Something seems very wrong regarding the Wells Fargo situation. Is her son taking her money, drugging her or someone else who has gained her confidence.

You would think Wendy was a strong street smart woman but maybe losing Kevin crushed her and she became easy prey.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Wendy posted on Instagram apparently distancing herself from the statement put out on her behalf, telling her spokesperson that he wasn't authorized to say anything about her status.

(It's toward the bottom of this article.)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-wendy-williams-show-sherri-shepherd-163744858.html

Everyone is doing their best to give Wendy her props despite the fact that she has not stepped forward to give an update on her situation or to say so long to her TV audience. It is disrespectful.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 6

As we all know, nobody has been allowed to guest host Wendy’s show sitting in her pink throne. I recall her saying something to the effect that she didn’t want anyone else to fart in it. I wonder if she has (or is having it shipped) to her apt in NYC. Sherri did say that when she begins her new show that she will be have “whole new look”. I’m happy for Sherri and she seems genuinely excited and grateful for the opportunity. 
   I’m personally happy for the staff that has worked on this show. They will all be traveling over to the new show with Sherri and therefore will not be losing their jobs due to WW’s not being there and let go. I won’t call it being fired because her contract was up this June. 
   Also of note are the full audiences. I don’t know if they are still paying the $75 fee for being there. The pandemic has begun to abate and I’m sure that has a lot to do with people feeling comfortable enough to show up and participate. We will see what happens in September, but I will be tuning in to see the changes, what guests will show up, and the new format. 

One last question/thought. Will Wendy continue to be a producer or has she been dropped completely? I doubt she is up to the challenge of working anymore and she no longer holds any clout once her contract expires. Inn5 years she will probably just be a distant memory. As @patty1h stated a modern day version of Edie Beale from Grey Gardens. 

• Love 4

If that’s true Wendy is just burning bridges that were probably held up with frayed ropes to begin with.  If she really believed they were going to extend a multi million dollar contract for someone who never shows up to work she’s delusional.  
As for her ex, it may be her son reaching out to his dad for help (that’s a lot to put on someone so young) and she might just be allowing it because she knows her son needs support.  Or maybe she just still wants his attention and will take it any way she can get.  Either way I’m not surprised.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 2/23/2022 at 6:31 AM, LEILANI2 said:

When I learned about Sherri and the crap she pulled with the surrogate and disowning her second child  I stopped watching every time she was on as a guest host. 

I'm surprised she hasn't been canceled yet because of that stunt but now that she's getting her show maybe it will come to light again and ruin her once and for all.  She's just an awful human being. Leah Remini or Michael R would have been better in my opinion.

I have serveral posts here complaining about how mean Wendy got towards the end to guests and the employees. She just seemed ungrateful and lazy, but dementia and/or heavy drug use would make more sense in retrospect.

What is her son doing to her? Or someone else who has taken advantaged of her.  Something seems very wrong regarding the Wells Fargo situation. Is her son taking her money, drugging her or someone else who has gained her confidence.

You would think Wendy was a strong street smart woman but maybe losing Kevin crushed her and she became easy prey.

🙋🏾‍♀️I knew about the Sherri Shepard surrogacy story from when it happened & I never forgot. For anyone who doesn't know: Sherri got married; decided to have a baby with a donor egg, her husband's sperm & a gestational surrogate; then, while the surrogate was pregnant, she decided to divorce her husband & disown the child. To this day she pays the ex-husband child support, & has NO relationship with the child. Just dirty... dirty, dirty!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

🙋🏾‍♀️I knew about the Sherri Shepard surrogacy story from when it happened & I never forgot. For anyone who doesn't know: Sherri got married; decided to have a baby with a donor egg, her husband's sperm & a gestational surrogate; then, while the surrogate was pregnant, she decided to divorce her husband & disown the child. To this day she pays the ex-husband child support, & has NO relationship with the child. Just dirty... dirty, dirty!

Not to mention, when she was on the view she was constantly saying that she was a Christian.. Hypocrisy is thy name Sherry Shepherd..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11

I just read an article about Wendy on Page Six. Unfortunately it would not allow me to copy a link to post here. It alleges that a former disgruntled employee was one of the culprits for her being declared mentally unsound and unable to take care of her own finances. Maybe Boof? It also has a Senior staff member discussing her issues and how they effected the show. I’m not sure who. Since Wendy was Suzanne’s and Norman’s bread and butter I doubt either of them would upset the apple cart. 
   The article also states that she is missing medical appointments in Florida and they feel it’s best to get her back to New York where she can lead a better (as in sober and medically) life. Of course I read this all with a grain of salt. A source also refused to comment on whether or not she was going to be paid the 15 million she would have made from hosting this season. 
    If she does return to New York who is going to care for her? She no longer has staff members willing to do her bidding as she has nothing left to offer them. Will she take on a home health service care person? Go into a rehab (if indeed she is using again) or some type of skilled nursing facility. 
   How far she has fallen since I first began to watch her show. I never did see her in her heyday. She was only good for a year before her fall before my eyes began. We will probably never be privy to the truth. I don’t think Wendy can handle the truth about her being told. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just read an article about Wendy on Page Six. Unfortunately it would not allow me to copy a link to post here. It alleges that a former disgruntled employee was one of the culprits for her being declared mentally unsound and unable to take care of her own finances. Maybe Boof? It also has a Senior staff member discussing her issues and how they effected the show. I’m not sure who. Since Wendy was Suzanne’s and Norman’s bread and butter I doubt either of them would upset the apple cart. 
   The article also states that she is missing medical appointments in Florida and they feel it’s best to get her back to New York where she can lead a better (as in sober and medically) life. Of course I read this all with a grain of salt. A source also refused to comment on whether or not she was going to be paid the 15 million she would have made from hosting this season. 
    If she does return to New York who is going to care for her? She no longer has staff members willing to do her bidding as she has nothing left to offer them. Will she take on a home health service care person? Go into a rehab (if indeed she is using again) or some type of skilled nursing facility. 
   How far she has fallen since I first began to watch her show. I never did see her in her heyday. She was only good for a year before her fall before my eyes began. We will probably never be privy to the truth. I don’t think Wendy can handle the truth about her being told. 

The sad thing with all of this is that Wendy always wanted to have a talk show on the national scene.  That was always her long-term goal going back to her radio days and it is sad that how it has gone down for her. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The article also states that she is missing medical appointments in Florida and they feel it’s best to get her back to New York where she can lead a better (as in sober and medically) life.

I find it very interesting that several hiatuses ago, Wendy ended up in drug/alcohol rehab in Florida. Obviously that didn't help.

But when she returned from that particular hiatus, she was happy to announce that The Hunter Foundation had started its own drug rehab program. And you'll never guess where ALL of the folks that desired the help were going to have to go travel to on their own dime. Yes, that would be south Florida. 

So rehab in Florida isn't good enough for Wendy but it was good enough for the poor addicts who tried to get help thru the Hunter Foundation. Which,  incidentally, was one of the very first joint (wendy and kevin) business ventures (for lack of a better term since I'm not an attorney)  that was dissolved when the divorce started.  So anyone who was hopeful they could get help thru that source were told the HF no longer existed.

I just wish WW would go away. Go figure out her life and her psychological/emotional and addiction issues. But just go away. Her returning to NYC is not going to change a damn thing. 

Maybe she'll adopt a parrot this time. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The disgruntled employee here is Wendy's former financial advisor from Wells Fargo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Maybe Boof?

I used to wonder about his relationship with her. Sounds like she treated him as her personal slave. Does anyone know if he left the show due to her crappy behavior towards him? 

• Love 2

I used to wonder about his relationship with her. Sounds like she treated him as her personal slave. Does anyone know if he left the show due to her crappy behavior towards him? 

Nobody knows for sure why Boof suddenly was no longer on the show. Wendy never mentioned his absence. But when he WAS a part of the WW show, Wendy could not get enough of him. She was always telling us how great Boof was, how Boof would pick up take out food for her and drop it off at her apartment whenever she asked. (He might have been dropping off more than take out food.)

I think Wendy probably tried to seduce him on many occasions when he stopped by her apartment. Boof turned her down and Wendy retaliated by firing him. JMOO

Once he left the show, we never heard his name again. I think he has a lot to say but probably signed a NDA. I hope it wasn't a long term NDA because I think Boof has a lot to say and a lot of dirt on WW.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Nobody knows for sure why Boof suddenly was no longer on the show. Wendy never mentioned his absence. But when he WAS a part of the WW show, Wendy could not get enough of him. She was always telling us how great Boof was, how Boof would pick up take out food for her and drop it off at her apartment whenever she asked. (He might have been dropping off more than take out food.)

I think Wendy probably tried to seduce him on many occasions when he stopped by her apartment. Boof turned her down and Wendy retaliated by firing him. JMOO

Once he left the show, we never heard his name again. I think he has a lot to say but probably signed a NDA. I hope it wasn't a long term NDA because I think Boof has a lot to say and a lot of dirt on WW.

That's how I remember it too. And I have the same opinion as to why he was let go too. Boof didn't want to be her "man toy" for no money or job. I believe it's true, otherwise why not mention his departure? WW, you're a nasty piece of work. Do us all a favor and stay off TV and wallow in your own pity party.

• Love 9

John Oliver's Last Week Tonight did a farewell to The Wendy Williams Show on Sunday night's episode. Last Week Tonight has poked fun at Wendy several times, but this short segment showed more of her "best" worst moments. No fainting or slurring, just her being rude to guests and otherwise nasty. But most of the clips were actually funny, too. They seemed to be all from earlier seasons, and I forgot how much silly energy Wendy used to bring to it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Tuesday:  WOW!  This Stationmade a huge mistake hiring Sheri Shepard.  Today, Michael Rapaport blew everyone away.  He knows everything about The Bachelor, the Housewives, etc.  He’s to the point and interesting.  I would have watched him everyday, not Sheri screaming for one minute.  Big Mistake.

• Love 9
On 2/28/2022 at 9:12 AM, chenoa333 said:

Yep, I agree.  He probably got paid plenty for being her errand boy, but stopped when she wanted sex.  It had to be that.  What else?

• Love 7

Just a random thought, but what exactly was a DJ needed for on the WW show? It's not like Wendy got up and danced or the opening of the show was music.

I'm so glad she's gone. I know we don't all agree on who we would like to be the new show host, but I would be happy with Humpty Dumpty just so I never have to see Wendy or hear her again.

BYE WIG!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Yep, I agree.  He probably got paid plenty for being her errand boy, but stopped when she wanted sex.  It had to be that.  What else?

I think that he did have sex with her a couple of times and had to put a stop to it when she wanted more from him.  She probably became a real spiteful bitch and he had to part ways with her professionally..

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Tuesday:  WOW!  This Stationmade a huge mistake hiring Sheri Shepard.  Today, Michael Rapaport blew everyone away.  He knows everything about The Bachelor, the Housewives, etc.  He’s to the point and interesting.  I would have watched him everyday, not Sheri screaming for one minute.  Big Mistake.

I also would have preferred Michael Rapaport. He is a fountain of information. 

• Love 8