Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy is on HSN right now (Sat.) and she is selling her pumps that she is calling "civilized." LOL What kind of description is that for shoes. The only civilized thing in her life I guess.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Jaded said:

Wendy was on the Ho (Nickname in another forum here)...I mean HSN earlier and looked like a bag of bones with a loose shirt on.

0FDpD0p.jpg.387da6659550c9d944056f6e71450204.jpgxPsdOk0.thumb.jpg.adc32b424dd6c0a513df32c7d8acacf4.jpg

Callie looks like qwap.... just sayin'. 

I see Wendy is on the trendy train with the slogan tops or whatever they are calling them. 

Edited by Fishy
42 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

One day last week, Wendy seemed like she was throwing shade at Shemar Moore, implying that he hits for the other team.  Why would she do that?   

That wasn't the first time she implied that about Shemar. In Wendy's defense, that rumor has been swirling around Hollywood for quite some time, not just with Wendy. I'm inclined to think it might be true. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That wasn't the first time she implied that about Shemar. In Wendy's defense, that rumor has been swirling around Hollywood for quite some time, not just with Wendy. I'm inclined to think it might be true. 

People have been saying it for years.  Shemar Moore is just like Queen Latifah, everybody knows that they bat for the other team, but, nobody will say anything about it. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

On the show there is this guy who is helping Wendy out on her tropical giveaway segment. Barbados ________. I can't recall his name and don't know if he's an actor or model. Does anyone have any info to share? My friend (watching with me) and I are curious. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

On the show there is this guy who is helping Wendy out on her tropical giveaway segment. Barbados ________. I can't recall his name and don't know if he's an actor or model. Does anyone have any info to share? My friend (watching with me) and I are curious. Thank you. 

Barbados Billy!  Cute, isn't he?  Funny you should ask--Wendy had her, "Wendy, What's Good?" segment last week and someone asked about him.  I don't recall if he's an actor now but Wendy revealed that he isn't even from Barbados and he's a Brown graduate who used to run track for them.  She wondered how he went from Brown to dancing in his swimsuit on the Wendy show.  LOL.  But I do believe she said he's single.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Barbados Billy!  Cute, isn't he?  Funny you should ask--Wendy had her, "Wendy, What's Good?" segment last week and someone asked about him.  I don't recall if he's an actor now but Wendy revealed that he isn't even from Barbados and he's a Brown graduate who used to run track for them.  She wondered how he went from Brown to dancing in his swimsuit on the Wendy show.  LOL.  But I do believe she said he's single.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2017 at 8:42 AM, Mindthinkr said:

No, a$$hole can't go on without her. She's his biggest stream of income. Now by what means he's keeping her under his thumb is not known. 

He is the producer or has some exec title.  We don't know what her contract/agreement with him is.  He very well could have set things up where he walks away with the bigger share.  

1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

I just noticed the show is airing on a new channel: BHER. I had to look it up; it's Bet HER. Channel 174 for me. The new episode is shown at 7pm, with a rerun late night. Last season the show was on regular BET.

BHER used to be Centric. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

MMM MMM GOOD! I'll gladly take him over Suzanne's screeching any day. Speaking of which, did you guys catch Wendy calling Suzanne "high yellow" last week? "You're black, Suzanne!" Keep on talking, Wendy and you'll mess yourself up again...

• Love 2

Assuming that sweater Wendy is wearing on the HSN picture is from her line, it looks awful. It's all stretched out on the bottom. Ugly sweater with no shape to it. I hate sweaters that don't hold any shape! Wendy's line is very, very cheaply made. 

12 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Speaking of which, did you guys catch Wendy calling Suzanne "high yellow" last week? "You're black, Suzanne!" Keep on talking, Wendy and you'll mess yourself up again...

Ok so I'm an old white lady so I will ask. What does "high yellow" mean? I know Wendy is all hung up on lightness or darkness of skin color so I'm assuming it has to do with that? And why did she tell Suzanne that she was black?

• Love 1

As I understand, "high yellow" is what they called light skinned black people back in slavery times, and some people still use it.  It's not a slur, just an old fashioned phrase.  I think she says Suzanne is black because she hangs around with WW and crew and picked up some "honorary" blackness by default.  A few months ago, WW was talking to Suzanne and said something like "you're coming along/you're getting there", like she was picking up black 'hipness'.  I wonder what Suzanne thinks about all this, that WW is on a mission to change her.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 2

I couldn't believe that today Wendy said that Gene Simmons had pubes for his hair.  I may not be a fan of his and disagree with some of his perspectives, but I thought that was beyond rude.  It seems like she's getting meaner towards people in commenting on their looks more and more rather than focusing on their actions and scandals.  

I have pretty consistently watched Hot Topics when home (and not the rest of her show), but I may not be watching as much in the future.  Not because of what she said about Gene Simmons' hair, but more that she just seems more self-focused and meaner about things that are not the real foci of Hot Topics.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I couldn't believe that today Wendy said that Gene Simmons had pubes for his hair.

I was gobsmacked at that one too. She must be very unhappy in her real life and hence being mean (taking it out on others) in her professional life. It was just unnecessary. 

• Love 4
On 11/10/2017 at 7:08 PM, Jaded said:

Wendy was on the Ho (Nickname in another forum here)...I mean HSN earlier and looked like a bag of bones with a loose shirt on.

0FDpD0p.jpg.387da6659550c9d944056f6e71450204.jpgxPsdOk0.thumb.jpg.adc32b424dd6c0a513df32c7d8acacf4.jpg

My wrists are thicker than Wendy's thighs and I'm not a big woman! Lol

19 hours ago, rmcrae said:

MMM MMM GOOD! I'll gladly take him over Suzanne's screeching any day. Speaking of which, did you guys catch Wendy calling Suzanne "high yellow" last week? "You're black, Suzanne!" Keep on talking, Wendy and you'll mess yourself up again...

What is 'high yellow"? I heard Wendy say that to Suzanne and I have no idea what it means. And I guess Suzanne is back in full swing because I hear her cackling at everything Wendy says and getting lots of camera time.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

What is 'high yellow"? I heard Wendy say that to Suzanne and I have no idea what it means. And I guess Suzanne is back in full swing because I hear her cackling at everything Wendy says and getting lots of camera time.

It's a phrase used to describe a light skinned black person. Like patty1h said, it's not exactly a slur, but since Wendy's gotten in trouble for making idiotic comments about race, it'd be best for her to steer clear of those "jokes". I can't remember what the topic was that made Wendy call her that though.

And why is she so bothered by Terry Crews using the word "African American"? The man's talking about being sexually assaulted in front of his wife and she gets her panties in a bunch over him not using the word "black". Oy.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Diane Lane is so freakin' beautiful--it makes me stabby.

Story time: Many years ago when Diane was with Josh, I used to work in a popular "home goods" store in West LA.  She and Josh came in one day to shop and I have to tell you Diane Lane is strinkingly beautiful in person.  You know how some people are described as glowing?  This was the first time in my life I had encountered someone who I could use that statement on.  She really is breathtaking in person. 

Believe it or not but the other two people who I've met/seen up close who would also qualify are Rihanna (no shock there), and Vin Diesel.  Vin, I have always found attractive in the "big brooding guy" way but up close he is strikingly handsome, great skin, and an incredibly nice and personable man. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I couldn't believe that today Wendy said that Gene Simmons had pubes for his hair.  I may not be a fan of his and disagree with some of his perspectives, but I thought that was beyond rude.  It seems like she's getting meaner towards people in commenting on their looks more and more rather than focusing on their actions and scandals.  

I have pretty consistently watched Hot Topics when home (and not the rest of her show), but I may not be watching as much in the future.  Not because of what she said about Gene Simmons' hair, but more that she just seems more self-focused and meaner about things that are not the real foci of Hot Topics.

And what was with her going on about the cleanliness of her cup and the ice cubes?  I would be upset if I was responsible for that on the show.  That was mean.

• Love 1

You are all jealous haters!

According to Wendy:

“They are so jealous. Excuse me, do I look too skinny? I weigh 145 pounds. I am sleek, lean, and living my life.

Read more: http://thejasminebrand.com/2017/11/14/wendy-williams-shoots-people-calling-thin-jealous-excuse-look-skinny/#ixzz4yajihDch

She is clearly delusional at this point. If she wants to turn herself into a white squeleton, let Miss Wendy be great!

I won’t be watching anymore. She is simply late on gossip and she can miss me with her haterade of any young successful women(most notably African American or Black like this cow prefers)

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

“They are so jealous. Excuse me, do I look too skinny? I weigh 145 pounds. I am sleek, lean, and living my life.

145 is skinny for a person that is almost 6 ft tall. Is she delusional? I don't see sleek and lean. Looking at her beach photo's I see alot of sag and bag. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

145 is skinny for a person that is almost 6 ft tall. Is she delusional? I don't see sleek and lean. Looking at her beach photo's I see alot of sag and bag. 

Yes, especially when she has at least twenty pounds of silicone up front.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Story time: Many years ago when Diane was with Josh, I used to work in a popular "home goods" store in West LA.  She and Josh came in one day to shop and I have to tell you Diane Lane is strinkingly beautiful in person.  You know how some people are described as glowing?  This was the first time in my life I had encountered someone who I could use that statement on.  She really is breathtaking in person. 

Believe it or not but the other two people who I've met/seen up close who would also qualify are Rihanna (no shock there), and Vin Diesel.  Vin, I have always found attractive in the "big brooding guy" way but up close he is strikingly handsome, great skin, and an incredibly nice and personable man. 

Lucky you! If I ran into Diane Lane ANYWHERE, I would have to kidnap her and take her home so I could just stare at her for hours! She is beyond beautiful. 

• Love 1

First we have to endure Wendy shilling her HSN stuff left and right, but now she's crowbarring in these cheesy Walmart "ads" (for Apple watch, a laptop, a TV) into the HT segment.  I understand Walmart is paying for some prizes that'll be given out later in the show, but talk about it then or put their info in the credits that roll at the end of the show, like most other programs. 

I do not care about any fool out there who feels that they have to "clap back" at some other fool, but Wendy sure loves to spill the beans on this phenomenon.  Cardi B!  Joseline! Vince! Tamar!  These people are Z list and who cares, but I guess it helps to fill out this kind of program.  I'm almost judging myself for watching every day.  Last thing:  anyone else annoyed when they get the person on the line for the stupid contest, and Wendy is too busy yakking nonsense with Suzanne to pay attention to the caller?  That's just rude.   And don't get me started on the audience that claps for everything...

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Wendy showed the Versace trailer today and said an unknown was playing Versace?  It's Edgar Ramirez, who is a pretty big star?  Her research team needs to step it up.

Even if they did do the research, she wouldn't have gotten it right.  She is so off her game lately.  She gets really simple things wrong, like the Xscape show actually being on the air now.  There is no excuse for her not being prepared for an interview and she never seems prepared lately.  That is not her teams fault as much as it is hers.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

Even if they did do the research, she wouldn't have gotten it wrong.  She is so off her game lately.  She gets really simple things wrong, like the Xscape show actually being on the air now.  There is no excuse for her not being prepared for an interview and she never seems prepared lately.  That is not her teams fault as much as it is hers.

The other day when she was talking about Scott Disick and Sophia Ritchie once again, she said "Cynthia". First of all, nobody cares so much about this story and second of all, really Wendy can't get a simple name right? Her laziness with Hot Topics is infuriating!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Wendy showed the Versace trailer today and said an unknown was playing Versace?  It's Edgar Ramirez, who is a pretty big star?  Her research team needs to step it up.

She used to have some scoops and some pretty interesting things to comment on. I very much agree that her team needs to step it up. She is getting so full of herself that she isn't delivering HT or will just spend days following one story. I'm on the fence about whether to continue viewing or not. 

• Love 4
On 11/9/2017 at 4:42 AM, Mindthinkr said:

No, a$$hole can't go on without her. She's his biggest stream of income. Now by what means he's keeping her under his thumb is not known. 

While I have no knowledge about showbiz, I assume it would be very messy if they divorced while the show is still on. She'd probably need to fire him and pay him a ton of money.

During her show, she indicated multiple times that she might have experienced a ménage à trois. I suspect that during their marriage, Wendy was trying to keep her husband happy at all costs, even by going to "sex clubs". If they go through with the divorce, I'm sure Big Kev would be happy to show the receipts.

Same goes for the drugs I guess. If Wendy is or was taking illegal substances during the course of their marriage, Kev probably wouldn't hesitate to spill the tea.

Her son is not in college yet, she might be waiting until he moves out before filing for divorce.

Edited by krpa
grammar
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, krpa said:

While I have no knowledge about showbiz, I assume it would be very messy if they divorced while the show is still on. She'd probably need to fire him and pay him a ton of money.

During her show, she indicated multiple times that she might have experienced a ménage à trois. I suspect that during their marriage, Wendy was trying to keep her husband happy at all costs, even by going to "sex clubs". If they go through with the divorce, I'm sure Big Kev would be happy to show the receipts.

Same goes for the drugs I guess. If Wendy is or was taking illegal substances during the course of their marriage, Kev probably wouldn't hesitate to spill the tea.

Her son is not in college yet, she might be waiting until he moves out before filing for divorce.

I suspect that a lot of what you said is true. It's sad for Wendy but...(don't you hate what comes after but?) she states that she is a strong woman and maybe professionally she is. I do think tho that she is weaker in her real life and for those reasons that you stated, she might be sticking it out until she has a better exit plan. Think Katie Holmes with Tom Cruise. 

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, patty1h said:

First we have to endure Wendy shilling her HSN stuff left and right, but now she's crowbarring in these cheesy Walmart "ads" (for Apple watch, a laptop, a TV) into the HT segment.  I understand Walmart is paying for some prizes that'll be given out later in the show, but talk about it then or put their info in the credits that roll at the end of the show, like most other programs. 

I do not care about any fool out there who feels that they have to "clap back" at some other fool, but Wendy sure loves to spill the beans on this phenomenon.  Cardi B!  Joseline! Vince! Tamar!  These people are Z list and who cares, but I guess it helps to fill out this kind of program.  I'm almost judging myself for watching every day.  Last thing:  anyone else annoyed when they get the person on the line for the stupid contest, and Wendy is too busy yakking nonsense with Suzanne to pay attention to the caller?  That's just rude.   And don't get me started on the audience that claps for everything...

I enjoyed the caller who was less than enthusiastic that she was talking to Wendy even better.  Wendy reprimanding her was just plain stupid.  Her panties got in a bunch over that one, if she wears them, that is (thinking how she likes to be ready for anything and all).

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 4
On 11/18/2017 at 5:49 AM, bichonblitz said:

The other day when she was talking about Scott Disick and Sophia Ritchie once again, she said "Cynthia". First of all, nobody cares so much about this story and second of all, really Wendy can't get a simple name right? Her laziness with Hot Topics is infuriating!

I'm telling ya, ever since the fall, not right.  She needs a neuro workup because the blood isn't getting to the brain.  Something is gunking up the works somewhere.  Of course not a  pro doc.  Just opinion from having seen it before.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

I'm telling ya, ever since the fall, not right.  She needs a neuro workup because the blood isn't getting to the brain.  Something is gunking up the works somewhere.  Of course not a  pro doc.  Just opinion from having seen it before.

Anorexia paired with distress over big Kevin cheating on her is enough.  He is so blatant about it!  And the mistress is wearing a diamond engagement ring.  

During the review of the fashions of the AMA, this Bevvy woman was annoying me.  She kept calling everyone "darling", then she said that she liked that Ciara was spending her husband's money on high ticket outfits.  She also did this weird sideways plug for some boots that Tracy Ellis Ross was wearing, basically saying that they're affordable for the general public. What?  She's there to review fashion and suddenly she's giving a tip on scoring some great boots?   I've heard that many manufacturers will use any way to get their product name heard by the public and pay celebs to push products while on talk shows, etc. That felt like plugola to me.  READ BELOW if you're the least interested in the boring history of people getting paid for pushing products.

Kathy Griffin spilled this tidbit years ago on the Howard Stern show - various companies are paying people (celebrities) to push their products.  She gave this example:  Drew Barrymore was a guest on some late-night talk show and suddenly Drew started talking about eating Kraft cheese or something.  Kathy explained that this wasn't Drew being quirky and rambling off topic; Kathy said it was clear that Drew's manager made a deal to get $$ for this subtle product plug.  Kathy dropped this nugget back in the early 2000's and to this day, my ears prick up when someone talks about a particular product for no good reason.    Nowadays, there are people all over social media shilling for all kinds of things.  Some actress (Busy Phillips?) boasted how she earned more money in 2016 pushing some junk on her Instagram than she did for acting.   

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
On 11/19/2017 at 7:24 PM, wings707 said:

Anorexia paired with distress over big Kevin cheating on her is enough.  He is so blatant about it!  And the mistress is wearing a diamond engagement ring.  

Did you see the diamond necklace that Wendy was wearing today? Revenge jewelry maybe? Usually she wears the Jersey state outline or the big W. 

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, Mindthinkr said:

She used to have some scoops and some pretty interesting things to comment on. I very much agree that her team needs to step it up. She is getting so full of herself that she isn't delivering HT or will just spend days following one story. I'm on the fence about whether to continue viewing or not. 

Wendy was at her best during the show's first full season. That was back when audience members had their say during HTs, but Wendy was able to get through several stories with fairly accurate information and it was nice hearing opposing viewpoints. Now it's all focused on Wendy yakking on and on about how much she doesn't care about certain stories and she's only doing it for the viewers, insulting her producers/crew and getting sidetracked. She could do better, but since she's got the viewers and a check, she's fine with doing a half-assed job. I still watch, but barely pay attention.

• Love 5

Does Wendy even realize Kandi from Xscape wrote songs for the likes of Beyonce, Mariah and a lot of other A list singers and has become extremely wealthy doing so? When she said Kandi wrote a "couple of" songs for the group and didn't mention all the other hits she has written for others just shows me she really has no idea about pop culture unless it has something to do with a cheating scandal or baby daddy. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Does Wendy even realize Kandi from Xscape wrote songs for the likes of Beyonce, Mariah and a lot of other A list singers and has become extremely wealthy doing so? When she said Kandi wrote a "couple of" songs for the group and didn't mention all the other hits she has written for others just shows me she really has no idea about pop culture unless it has something to do with a cheating scandal or baby daddy. 

I was floored when she said that. Her ignorance shows everyday even about mundane things.  Something is definitely off and we all know that it has to do with Big Kev. I cannot feel sorry for her because she knew who this man was and always defended him at all cost. With the predators, being outed, in the media, it is very awkward to watch Wendy opine on this, knowing how her husband used to harass her interns on her radio show.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

It's almost as if she's aged out of Hot Topics. She's 53. She looks silly sitting in that purple chair reporting on people she doesn't give a shit about. Especially when she talking about celebs in their 20's and 30's. And getting it wrong, no less, because she doesn't really care. I wonder if she knows she's getting a little long in the tooth for Hot Topics. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It's almost as if she's aged out of Hot Topics. She's 53. She looks silly sitting in that purple chair reporting on people she doesn't give a shit about. Especially when she talking about celebs in their 20's and 30's. And getting it wrong, no less, because she doesn't really care. I wonder if she knows she's getting a little long in the tooth for Hot Topics. 

I think that you are onto something there. Dang, it is going to hard for her to admit it too. Her contract lasts for how many more years? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that you are onto something there. Dang, it is going to hard for her to admit it too. Her contract lasts for how many more years? 

She could also talk about other things.. She can highlight people doing good things in the world, if she wants to avoid talking about Politics... There is nothing wring with evolving and changing her show.. If she wants to only highlight celebrities, it would be good if she can attract A-list celebrities on her show.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I am far from my teenage, even young, lol, years. I still care about a lot of actors whom are middle aged. Even rock people. Frankly I don't care about every young thing trying to make a name for themselves in Hip Hop. People in my generation did it by making good music and doing good deeds. Not by going nude and over the top antics. She should diversify. She isn't hanging out with her son's crowd. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes.  She gets these little obsessions with celebrities.  Today she got all twirled up about Janet Jackson doing a concert with Justin Timberlake.  She did not approve!  Janet is a headliner so don't share the light with Justin.   Oh come on.  She is 51 to Justin's 36.  Go with where the invitations, money and relevance are.  I would think them doing a gig together would be a positive thing. 

• Love 4