Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Spring Cleaning

Amy and Garrett launch an investigation after sifting through abandoned photos during the store's spring cleaning; Jonah works to gain Glenn's approval; Cheyenne's fiance starts working at Cloud 9.

The two main plots were just okay: The Jonah-Glenn storyline only gave me a few laughs. And I liked Amy and Garrett working together--but their story wasn't very funny, either. 

Bo was hilarious, though. That was the one plot I thoroughly enjoyed. And I loved that Cheyenne was the mature one and is the voice of reason in their relationship. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, topanga said:

The two main plots were just okay: The Jonah-Glenn storyline only gave me a few laughs. And I liked Amy and Garrett working together--but their story wasn't very funny, either. 

Bo was hilarious, though. That was the one plot I thoroughly enjoyed. And I loved that Cheyenne was the mature one and is the voice of reason in their relationship. 

I was amused by Garrett's reaction to Jonah's tie, though.  And yeah, who'd a thunk that Cheyenne would be the voice of reason?

• Love 1

Bo is hilarious, but I hope Cheyenne dumps him at some point. Yeah he the father of her child, but he's such a loser and kind of an asshole, and I think she can do a lot better. I do enjoy seeing her being the smart one of a duo. Kind of like when she gets paired with Glenn, and she has to become the voice of reason.

I liked Amy and Garrett having a plot together, even if it wasn't super hilarious.

"If I catch a foul ball, I'm not giving it to a kid." "I can respect that".

Bo, planning to rob the store. Cheyenne: "We could probably both lose our jobs over this!" Ya think?

This one actually made me feel a little sorry for Glenn. He's just so pathetic and needy. The baseball raffle was just embarrassing. 

I can't believe Dina didn't see right through Bo. Shows how susceptible she is to flattery.

2 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I wish Cheyenne would dump Bo; he's so awful, and she's dim/naive but sweet.

Colton Dunn (Garrett) was hilarious this episode. He looked like he was enjoying himself thoroughly! 

What I appreciate about the Cheyenne/Bo dynamic is that it is realistic to me. I know far too many young girls who have a lot going on for themselves who go after these idiots. It's like they don't realize their actual worth until they become adults (if then). 

• Love 3

I loved the "breakfast at 4:00am in the gas station" routine. Loved watching Jonah's face as the entire break room set out to trap him. "Wait a minute, it's 6:30 now and you had breakfast before this?"

Also, loved Sandra's "can't be free this weekend because she will be cremating her dog." She and Cheyenne need to attend Self-Esteem Anonymous. Come to think of it, Matt and Glenn could benefit from that too.

Note to Jonah: never sleep with your boss' daughter. Didn't your stint in business school teach you anything?

Edited by MaryHedwig
  • Love 3

I think Bo is hilarious!! However, I hope he's not going to be on every week. 

I didn't notice any odd "regular" customer scenes this week. :(

Mateo asking if the stuff on the wall was blood or chocolate and then licking it and confirming it was blood. Ugh!! So gross, but so funny!! 

The Glenn/Jonah and Garrett/Amy plots were very weak. 

I wonder who is going to be laid off...

16 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

I wonder who is going to be laid off...

Me to! Hopefully, unless they work it to avoid layoffs, it will either be some peripheral employees, like Myrtle of Sandra(much as I love her), and not one of the main cast of Amy, Jonah, Glenn(even though he would probably be safe as head manager), Garrett, Cheyenne, Mateo or Dina. I feel like the show is really clicking right now and if they lose one of the main recurring cast they risk messing that up. Luckily I see Glenn being very Michael Scott-ish about it and fighting it because he can't bear to loose anyone. Glenn really reminds me of Michael in that he is a people pleaser, is sensitive and thinks of his coworkers as family. I don't see him just laying people off without a fight...

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

What I appreciate about the Cheyenne/Bo dynamic is that it is realistic to me. I know far too many young girls who have a lot going on for themselves who go after these idiots. It's like they don't realize their actual worth until they become adults (if then). 

I bet it's not far off from the relationship Amy had with her husband when they were that age.

3 hours ago, MaryHedwig said:

I loved the "breakfast at 4:00am in the gas station" routine. Loved watching Jonah's face as the entire break room set out of trap him. "Wait a minute, it's 6:30 now and you had breakfast before this?"

I rewound that bit twice it was so funny! Colton Dunn is just about the only reason I watch this show. He was amazing this episode. Especially his expression when Bo's like "they're banging." The pseudo-incredulous bit was amazing!

• Love 4

I chuckled aloud at the "let's go for lunch"/"It's 10:30" line. This is soooo the life of retail. You end up having "lunch" at the weirdest hours. If it's not 10:30am (because you started at 6:30 and your lunch is automatically scheduled 4 hours after you start), it's at 3pm. You can't win. I remember having to argue with cashiers about why they *had* to take their lunches at 10:30am-- if I push them back to 11 then the people who started at 7am are scheduled and there's too many people off (compromise: 10:45!) Oh retail. 

Bo is a treasure. He reminds me of that sound effects guy from Police Academy with the noises he makes. Hilarious. 

Edited by Keener
  • Love 2

I chuckled aloud at the "let's go for lunch"/"It's 10:30" line.I chuckled aloud at the "let's go for lunch"/"It's 10:30" line.

I loved Glenn's comments at the Mexican restaurant. "Can you make a Mexican version of a churro?" "Do you take American dollars here?" and the look on Jonah's face.

Jonah's character is bang on to me. When I worked retail, there was always those on their way to med school (Jonahs) slinging hash right next to those on their way to incarceration (Bos). Retail work in your 20's is the great equalizer.

• Love 3

The Mexican restaurant scene might have been my favorite. I was so hoping that Glenn would order something with a double L ( tortilla) but pronounce the double L's as in English words (think yellow). Missed opportunity, writers.

• Love 2
On 04/21/2017 at 11:09 PM, juliet73 said:

Mateo asking if the stuff on the wall was blood or chocolate and then licking it and confirming it was blood. Ugh!! So gross, but so funny!! 

Here's the thing though, in retail the chances of blood or chocolate were rare, but actual shit was always the reality.

Store clean ups always sucked. The last chain I worked for would do their inventories in January on a rolling schedule and turn trucks off to the stores for a few days after. All you really had to do was clean up. But the check list was ridiculous and after the fist page or so, you'd start pulling a Sandra and just pushing things under the shelves. Not dead mice, but random chunks of dirt.

Jonah trying to make small talk with Glenn was my favorite part. So tortured, so true to life.

• Love 2
On 4/22/2017 at 0:03 PM, Keener said:

I chuckled aloud at the "let's go for lunch"/"It's 10:30" line. This is soooo the life of retail. You end up having "lunch" at the weirdest hours. If it's not 10:30am (because you started at 6:30 and your lunch is automatically scheduled 4 hours after you start), it's at 3pm. You can't win. I remember having to argue with cashiers about why they *had* to take their lunches at 10:30am-- if I push them back to 11 then the people who started at 7am are scheduled and there's too many people off (compromise: 10:45!) Oh retail. 

Oh my gosh, yes. In the early days at my Walmart (I was an original associate who helped open the store), the head truck unloader got in the habit of making a page when it was time for his crew to go to lunch. These guys worked 4 pm to 1 am, so their 'lunch' was around 8 pm. One night I was on register when the announcement got made and my customers got so irrationally upset. Looking at their watches, saying to me, "Um, it is EIGHT O'CLOCK! That is NOT lunch time!" Well, no, but it's just what we call the hour meal break. Relax, ya'll.

Yep, it wasn't uncommon to have stores run stocking crews from 5am to 1:30. Lunch might be 9, just when the store was opening. Customers would be pissed when they saw the whole stocking crew walk out as the doors were unlocked for them to shop.

10 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought the "but it's 10:30" was kind of silly. If I'd gotten to work at 6 AM, I'd be hungry for lunch by then, anyway. Hell, sometimes I start fantasizing about lunch at 10. ;)

Especially since his breakfast had been at the gas station at 4 . . . .

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Especially since his breakfast had been at the gas station at 4 . . . .

'Oh, they're banging!' Funny line by Bo, but I wonder what Cheyenne sees in him. 

• Love 1

'Oh, they're banging!'

I loved the whole line, "Oh, they're banging. Getting some breakfast action." Yeah, Bo is pretty darn concrete. True be told, I dated a few Bos in high school. Thank God I didn't get pregnant with them. On one level, this show is all about how people get stuck. Cheyenne is stuck with Bo and the Superstore because of Harmonica.

13 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought the "but it's 10:30" was kind of silly. If I'd gotten to work at 6 AM, I'd be hungry for lunch by then, anyway. Hell, sometimes I start fantasizing about lunch at 10. ;)

Hell, I had breakfast at my desk at 8:45 this morning and by 11:30 I was looking for snacks.

14 hours ago, neuromom said:

Aw well, it appears I'm the only one that finds Bo annoying

I think that's his entire point!  We're supposed to be perplexed that anyone could put up with him!

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1