Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Side Dishes Side Pieces

• Start Topic

Kandi and Todd scramble to launch Old Lady Gang restaurant. Also, dramas center on Cynthia's divorce; Phaedra's birthday is celebrated; and the ladies gather at a preview event, but an unforeseen guest arrives, leading to revelations about a divorce.

Sherien is no upgrade as far as I'm concerned but what can you expect from a 2 time felon.  She's no different from Phaedrah except for the fact that Phaedrah had him when he was a 1 time felon.  Her looks to me are on the same level as Phaedrah's; Average!

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, Apollo's trashy gf just happened to decide to show up at Kandi's restaurant party on her own...

Speaking of which, Dumb Porsha knows how to make a birthday party trashy and cheap. I need to get some brain and eye bleach now.

Edited by Ubiquitous
Spelling
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, appledumpling said:

Sherien is no upgrade as far as I'm concerned but what can you expect from a 2 time felon.  She's no different from Phaedrah except for the fact that Phaedrah had him when he was a 1 time felon.  Her looks to me are on the same level as Phaedrah's; Average!

IMO, she is a downgrade! At least when Phaedra got with Apollo he was single and a 1 time felon just out of prison, Sherien got with him while he was married, became a 2nd time felon going away for 8 years, showing us that she isn't very smart. LOL

• Love 16

That little Dylan looks like more than a handful!  

I need to know what Apollo thinks he's owed? He wasn't interested in legitimate employment so what does he feel he contributed to that marriage other than two adorable children?  Boy, bye.  Take your trashy side piece with you.  And who knew you get to call home that frequently from federal prison??

• Love 13

Sheree probably has aspirations to turn the Chateau into a Celebrity BNB.  Only problem is you have to bring the B n B yourself. 

I agree that Kenya is trying way too hard to pretend the past with Apollo is all or nothing.  There's plenty of room for lack of judgement and outright bad behavior there.  I'm not sure it gets you off the hook if you were just playing and still allowed certain perceptions to take place.  But I find Moore-girl to be the first major step in ruining this franchise.

I had hopes for Todd but he is really showing his ass.  I think Porsha is an idiot.  I dislike Phaedra intensely.  But Todd's actions with both of them should have Kandi thinking even if just watching the show and removed from the moment.  I think Kandi should see just what she married.  By quitting the show.  She claims she doesn't need the money; claims I think are valid if not proven since I'm not on her bank account (seems after Todd and her mother there wasn't anymore room on the checks).  She says she doesn't need it career wise.  So I have to ask since she is still on, who the famewhore?  Maybe it isn't her.  I mean I get that maybe she wants to launch her daughter's killer music career (take as long as you want with that one -- though when she is legal maybe she can do back ground tracks for Sheree's son's jackoff videos -- heck considering the tawdry desperation we can go all RH family business since I'm guessing the odds of the Wig's eldest daughter doing a sex tape or at least stripping are pretty high). 

Then again when you have a bunch of bitter old women to support and Tiny Paws Todd now, extra cash is always nice.  Still she seems to really hate being on this show in some ways and even when she doesn't have to pretend to like the rest of the cast and films only with her crew/family, more times than naught they trash each other instead of Kandi's current nemesis-du-jour.

The show:  Apollo has a girlfriend!

Me: 'A'?  As in one?  Now I'm shocked.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

The reaction from the women to Sherien was very telling. None of those women are particular fans of Phaedra, but it was interesting how uniform they were in giving the woman the justifiable side-eye.

Kandi had to be wondering about all the time Todd spent with Apollo and what they were really up to!

The only HW not giving side eye was Kenya, who moved closer to the gf so she could get the dirt, her eyes were glistening with excitement/pleasure.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 22
(edited)
42 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Funniest line of the night Apollo saying he is a 1 woman man. 

Those two have 'known' each other for 4 years, but isn't Apollo and Phaedra's youngest son Dylan 3 years old? No doubt they were fooling around and Apollo was spending his stolen loot not only at strip clubs but on this chick.

Todd and Peter are messy bitches that live for drama. I believe Kandi had an inkling. She was trying a little hard to distance herself. If nothing else she needs to come to the conclusion that Apollo never was, is not and never will be shit and she is married to a man with fuckboi tendencies since Todd is still riding hard for that felonious fool.

Kenya STFU! Yes, Apollo may have lied on you about some stuff but don't act like you weren't flirty and inappropriate with Apollo. None of this vindicates your ass. 

Eh, Apollo and Shady Fakedra deserved each other.  She knew what she was getting into when she married him.  I never bought her innocent victim act that she was clueless re Apollo's shady business dealings.  And it's ain't like she didn't have her own "side dish" going on.

Fakedra show what a "friend" she was to her bestie Porsha by constantly throwing her under the bus and having her do her dirty work with the other women.

Edited by escape
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

I mean I get that maybe she wants to launch her daughter's killer music career (take as long as you want with that one -- 

This is deliciously funny to me!

And I don't know why I get the sense that Kandi does miss her friendship with Phaedra. (At least while they were filming these last episodes anyway, not now.). She invited Phaedra to the OLG mess and made that remark to Apollo that she and Todd's "support" may have caused the rift between she and Phaedra.  It's a shame - - two trifilin' ass men with penchants for titty-bars got in the way of a good friendship.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I thought we were supposed to be mourning the death of a marriage? How is Phaedra kee keeing with Porsha playng with wigs and thotness instead of being shrouded in black?

Well Phaedra's all kinds of dim cheap and contrived.  I'm thinking maybe she just was so torn and befuddled as to what was the proper wear.  Mourning black as you proposed or born again virgin chaste white to show how innocent she was and is through the whole thing?  I mean this is the woman I've seen wear a huge cross that balances over her bared cinched up titties like the sneeze guard over the last two corn muffins at the Golden Coral Buffet.  Never making uo her mind she settles for a dumb date with her current bestie to play dress up video vixen style. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Todd's standing by Apollo showed he has fuckboi tendencies but tonight shows he's a fuckboi for real.

Who wants to be divorced more Phaedra or Apollo.

STFU Kenya...

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Well Phaedra's all kinds of dim cheap and contrived.  I'm thinking maybe she just was so torn and befuddled as to what was the proper wear.  Mourning black as you proposed or born again virgin chaste white to show how innocent she was and is through the whole thing?  I mean this is the woman I've seen wear a huge cross that balances over her bared cinched up titties like the sneeze guard over the last two corn muffins at the Golden Coral Buffet.  Never making uo her mind she settles for a dumb date with her current bestie to play dress up video vixen style. 

Can a life be more empty than spending it with an empty headed heifer like Porsha? Both need serious help with their lying issues; quite pathological! I can't for the life of me understand why Phaedra would want to meet the next Mrs. Nida?! lol! ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Added another sentence
  • Love 1

Are any of these people actually divorced?

16 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I thought we were supposed to be mourning the death of a marriage? How is Phaedra kee keeing with Porsha playng with wigs and thotness instead of being shrouded in black?

Frick and Frack were mourning the death of P. Creonta Nita's marriage. So tragic. I liked Phaedra in the shoulder length bob. She kinda looked a little like Taraji. Fakedra looking like little Miss Cookie and just as crooked too.

Todd and Peter are messy beyond belief.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

Frick and Frack were mourning the death of P. Creonta Nita's marriage. So tragic. I liked Phaedra in the shoulder length bob. She kinda looked a little like Taraji. Fakedra looking like little Miss Cookie and just as crooked too.

Nope! At least Phaedra did file, she tried some shady stunts and got called out on them but she did at least file for divorce, whereas Cynthia didn't even file! LOL

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'd love to get Kandi drunk and see her rationale as to why apparently, Todd being buds with Apollo and Peter doesn't keep her awake at night holding her purse in her arms.  Kandi seemed to see Peter for who he was in terms of who's spending Cynthia's money.  Hint.  Not Cynthia.  And in a lot of ways she is fighting battles that Todd or one of his buddies fired the first shot.  I get the whole brave and united marital front but I don't Todd looks to be magic in the sack to the point Kandi's lost her damn mind.  At this point in his life, the people he picks to hang out with, let along do shit like this would me really wondering what he would be like the first real bump in the marital road.  And how he looks at me, his wife, when he has such a sudden affinity with frauds and failures that encompass so really nasty views towards women no matter how nasty the women in specific can be.   I might have a run in with someone like Porsha or Phaedra and walk away thinking "what a bitch".  But the prevailing attitude with these three men in some ways is that all women are bitches sooner or later and deserve to be humiliated and disparaged at all costs. 

Don't even get me started on Cynthia taking her sweet old time with Peter.  I was Cynthia and I wouldn't be worried about holding a peach next season but whether Dateline will let me shoot my interviews in street clothes or I have to do the from the neck up to hide the prison uniform until the end thing.

It amazes me that even as these men do their own women wrong in so many ways, they stand back and let them drag other women down in the name of bro-manship.  And if I was Todd and hanging out with Peter and Apollo (assume once he is out) I'd be awake at night clutching Kandi's purse too. 

• Love 4

I don't care if I ever see Peter or Todd again. 

I believe OLG exists as a tax write off. They can use it for several years, there's an accounting firm in my town that does this and once the restaurant goes in black they do pricey renovations and if it is still profitable they simply close it at and open a new one. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I can only hope, now that they have received so much negative fan reaction this season, that Phaedra and Porsha stop trying to make "Frick & Frack" happen. It's as "hilarious" and "spontaneous" as Kenya's "twirl."

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I can only hope, now that they have received so much negative fan reaction this season, that Phaedra and Porsha stop trying to make "Frick & Frack" happen. It's as "hilarious" and "spontaneous" as Kenya's "twirl."

Porsha said, "Frick and Frack keeping it moist." - what the hell is that supposed to mean?  ewwww!  Get some cornstarch.

• Love 16

The OLG smiling?!? & (mostly) pleasant!?! What the what???!!! I see Mama Joyce gave Aunt Bertha her Dora the Explorer wig. The restaurant really looks gorgeous, as Peter pointed out the location is prime & the reviews online say the food is delicious. Go Kandi & Todd! Ima need somebody on the forum to go & report back..... Oh! & how cute was lil Ace! 

I thought the Frick & Frack sleepover looked like lots of fun! Food & drinks & trying on wigs & onesies? Sign me up! I've been wanting to try that St. Germain elderflower liquer...

It was an interesting footnote, but I don't need to see Apollo's fiance again. She was nice but the thirst was real. 

Poor Peter looked so heartsick.... I almost forgot about that video of him inappropriately touching that other chick.

• Love 7

I did chuckle a bit when Kandi just basically shrugged her shoulders when told her they were only one hundred thousand dollars over budget. How nice it would be to be that rich...

I also chuckled when they shut to door to the private room when Sherin joined the rest of the ladies. Mainly because, you could see MJ on the Joyce on the other side as the door closed, trying to see what was going on, and maybe even trying to get in the room herself, but too late.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Kenya STFU! Yes, Apollo may have lied on you about some stuff but don't act like you weren't flirty and inappropriate with Apollo. None of this vindicates your ass. 

If Phaedra hadn't turned on Kenya last week we wouldn't be hearing any of this crap from her.  And she knows damned well she was flirty with Apollo.  Do I think she was really interested in him?  No!  I think she was flirty with him just to piss Phaedra off.  From the start she was doing it right in front of Phaedra's face.  Kenya is not a girl's girl.  She harbors too much jealousy to ever be a true friend to anybody if you ask me. 

51 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I also chuckled when they shut to door to the private room when Sherin joined the rest of the ladies. Mainly because, you could see MJ on the Joyce on the other side as the door closed, trying to see what was going on, and maybe even trying to get in the room herself, but too late.

Hell, Joyce would have literally creamed her granny panties if she was in the room when Apollo's side piece walked in.  I can hear her fawning all over her and trying to get the dirt on her in order to throw it in Phaedra's face when she sees her.  And you can't tell me Todd and to a certain extent, Kandi, didn't have anything to do with Apollo's woman showing up to the event.  It was an invitation only event, Kandi said that last week.  They are so full of crap!  And thanks to Kandi, Todd will always look like he stinks to me.  We know he went without showers and wore the same dirty clothes while getting the restaurant up and running.  Did he ever go home and wash up before the party?  I will always associate him with body odor and sweaty balls when he's on my screen.  Ewwww!

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

One was a "divorce party" and the other was a friend celebrating her birthday with her.  I see a lot of difference.  She was feeling some kind of way about the divorce party because it's not something to celebrate.  Cynthia felt the same way.  Sometimes you just don't want to trivialize certain things.  I felt that way when I got divorced.  It's almost like a death and once you get that final decree, it can be really emotional.  And I saw nothing wrong with Porsha throwing her friend a little birthday celebration.  They're friends.  Friends do those kinds of things.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Yeah, Apollo's trashy gf just happened to decide to show up at Kandi's restaurant party on her own...

Speaking of which, Dumb Porsha knows how to make a trashy birthday party. I need to get some brain and eye bleach now.

Apollo's new woman looks like a refugee from a strip club.

The funniest thing about Porsha's party is she never even mentioned the name of her wig company.  Which frankly, is unfortunate, because I'm a little in love with that wig Phaedra was wearing and depending on price, I would buy it.

.....and I despise Porsha.  But damn, when anyone else brings their products out they say the name of the line about 15 times.  Even tonight with the OLG opening, Cynthia was like "oh, how do you like those Cynthia Bailey eyeglasses?"  Porsha needs to get smarter if she wants to pimp her products on this show.

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, she is a downgrade! At least when Phaedra got with Apollo he was single and a 1 time felon just out of prison, Sherien got with him while he was married, became a 2nd time felon going away for 8 years, showing us that she isn't very smart. LOL

I suspect she is excited to be on TV.   She got with a dude who was on a TV show, so she could potentially get on the show too.

No rational person who wasn't a fame whore would agree to show up to that restaurant opening and share all their personal business.

She wants her own peach, or orange, or shoe, or whatever else

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Apollo's new woman looks like a refugee from a strip club.

The funniest thing about Porsha's party is she never even mentioned the name of her wig company.  Which frankly, is unfortunate, because I'm a little in love with that wig Phaedra was wearing and depending on price, I would buy it.

.....and I despise Porsha.  But damn, when anyone else brings their products out they say the name of the line about 15 times.  Even tonight with the OLG opening, Cynthia was like "oh, how do you like those Cynthia Bailey eyeglasses?"  Porsha needs to get smarter if she wants to pimp her products on this show.

I suspect she is excited to be on TV.   She got with a dude who was on a TV show, so she could potentially get on the show too.

No rational person who wasn't a fame whore would agree to show up to that restaurant opening and share all their personal business.

She wants her own peach, or orange, or shoe, or whatever else

She would be more entertaining than either Phaedra or Porsha who've had to resort to high school "mean girl" tactics to keep themselves relevant! The pervasive lying just wants to make me change the channel! "New cast please in the ATL!" ;-)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, absolutqt said:

That little Dylan looks like more than a handful!  

I need to know what Apollo thinks he's owed? He wasn't interested in legitimate employment so what does he feel he contributed to that marriage other than two adorable children?  Boy, bye.  Take your trashy side piece with you.  And who knew you get to call home that frequently from federal prison??

Well, if Phaedra knew about his illegal activities (and I think she did) and profited from them (and I think she did) and he kept his mouth shut (I believe he did) he may feel he is owed something since she is living large on the outside.  Apollo was a shit husband, but I do think he kept his mouth shut on Phaedra primarily so his children wouldn't have both parents in jail, and the one on the outside had a much cleaner rap sheet and earning ability.

But if he hasn't spoken out in order to protect her and she profited from his illegal schemes than I could see where he thinks he is owed more than whatever pennies Phaedra was trying to give him.  But that is Phaedra, for some reason she will cut off her nose to spite her face.  I suspect if she had just been straight about the divorce, and even given Apollo a little more there probably wouldn't be any issue.  Same thing with Todd, had she just paid him, no issue.  But instead she will try to shame people and end up looking bad.

Apollo said it could get ugly, and I truly suspect it could if he wanted to lay it all out. 

4 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I agree that Kenya is trying way too hard to pretend the past with Apollo is all or nothing.  There's plenty of room for lack of judgement and outright bad behavior there.  I'm not sure it gets you off the hook if you were just playing and still allowed certain perceptions to take place.  But I find Moore-girl to be the first major step in ruining this franchise.

I think, at most, Kenya exercised a lack of judgment.  But her "alternative facts" line tonight is part of the reason I'll always love Kenya.

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Kandi had to be wondering about all the time Todd spent with Apollo and what they were really up to!

The only HW not giving side eye was Kenya, who moved closer to the gf so she could get the dirt, her eyes were glistening with excitement/pleasure.

I think Kenya has known exactly the kind of asshole Apollo was for a long time and was therefore not at all surprised by his escapee from the stripclub girlfriend showing up.

And given all the shit Phaedra was giving Kenya in Hawaii, I can't blame her for getting all that tea on camera.

4 hours ago, absolutqt said:

This is deliciously funny to me!

And I don't know why I get the sense that Kandi does miss her friendship with Phaedra. (At least while they were filming these last episodes anyway, not now.). She invited Phaedra to the OLG mess and made that remark to Apollo that she and Todd's "support" may have caused the rift between she and Phaedra.  It's a shame - - two trifilin' ass men with penchants for titty-bars got in the way of a good friendship.  

The sad thing to me is that Kandi still shows Phaedra some level of deference and respect.  She invited her to the opening.  She told Apollo that she didn't want to meet his girlfriend b/c of Phaedra, and she laid it out with Apollo on the phone and in front of his girlfriend.

Phaedra doesn't show Kandi any such regard.  I just don't think Phaedra is a very good, or very loyal friend.

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

According to SftA, ......"The true tea is that Peter & Cynthia’s divorce was JUST FILED a few weeks ago on February 21, 2017 (just in time for the reunion) and it is no where near final.

Hide contents

Also, this blog is interesting, it has a lot of info about the upcoming reunion! http://straightfromthea.com/2017/03/19/rhoa-season-9-reunion-tea-fake-makeups-breakups-r-i-p-frick-frack/

I don't know how divorces work, but could it be that they were working out a divorce agreement to present to the court before actually filing?

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I don't care if I ever see Peter or Todd again. 

I believe OLG exists as a tax write off. They can use it for several years, there's an accounting firm in my town that does this and once the restaurant goes in black they do pricey renovations and if it is still profitable they simply close it at and open a new one. 

What annoys me about the OLG is that I have no idea what those three harpies are even supposed to get paid for.  They didn't invest their money, they don't cook, and MJ showed up almost 2 hours late to her own opening.  What, exactly, are they going to be doing to draw any sort of paycheck?

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Well, if Phaedra knew about his illegal activities (and I think she did) and profited from them (and I think she did) and he kept his mouth shut (I believe he did) he may feel he is owed something since she is living large on the outside.  Apollo was a shit husband, but I do think he kept his mouth shut on Phaedra primarily so his children wouldn't have both parents in jail, and the one on the outside had a much cleaner rap sheet and earning ability.

But if he hasn't spoken out in order to protect her and she profited from his illegal schemes than I could see where he thinks he is owed more than whatever pennies Phaedra was trying to give him.  But that is Phaedra, for some reason she will cut off her nose to spite her face.  I suspect if she had just been straight about the divorce, and even given Apollo a little more there probably wouldn't be any issue.  Same thing with Todd, had she just paid him, no issue.  But instead she will try to shame people and end up looking bad.

Apollo said it could get ugly, and I truly suspect it could if he wanted to lay it all out. 

I think, at most, Kenya exercised a lack of judgment.  But her "alternative facts" line tonight is part of the reason I'll always love Kenya.

I think Kenya has known exactly the kind of asshole Apollo was for a long time and was therefore not at all surprised by his escapee from the stripclub girlfriend showing up.

And given all the shit Phaedra was giving Kenya in Hawaii, I can't blame her for getting all that tea on camera.

The sad thing to me is that Kandi still shows Phaedra some level of deference and respect.  She invited her to the opening.  She told Apollo that she didn't want to meet his girlfriend b/c of Phaedra, and she laid it out with Apollo on the phone and in front of his girlfriend.

Phaedra doesn't show Kandi any such regard.  I just don't think Phaedra is a very good, or very loyal friend.

I don't know how divorces work, but could it be that they were working out a divorce agreement to present to the court before actually filing?

What annoys me about the OLG is that I have no idea what those three harpies are even supposed to get paid for.  They didn't invest their money, they don't cook, and MJ showed up almost 2 hours late to her own opening.  What, exactly, are they going to be doing to draw any sort of paycheck?

According to the link, they said they didn't file because of taxes. It doesn't matter why Cynthia didn't file, bottom line, she not only said she did file, she went so far as to claim the divorce was final and that she was a "single woman" at OLG opening which was a lie. They are still married, they only filed Feb, 21 of this year. LOL

Kandi admitted when she was talking to Apollo, that her/Todd's, support of Apollo is what caused her/Phaedra's friendship to end. I have to wonder if she is rethinking that unwavering support hearing that Apollo/gf hooked up during the time frame when Todd and Apollo were running to the strip clubs all the time. She did not look pleased to hear that info.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

According to the link, they said they didn't file because of taxes. It doesn't matter why Cynthia didn't file, bottom line, she not only said she did file, she went so far as to claim the divorce was final and that she was a "single woman" at OLG opening which was a lie. They are still married, they only filed Feb, 21 of this year. LOL

Kandi admitted when she was talking to Apollo, that her/Todd's, support of Apollo is what caused her/Phaedra's friendship to end. I have to wonder if she is rethinking that unwavering support hearing that Apollo/gf hooked up during the time frame when Todd and Apollo were running to the strip clubs all the time. She did not look pleased to hear that info.

I guess I would only say that some of it may matter in the interpretation.  Perhaps, once the parties come to an agreement and give the stipulation to the judge its pretty much "final"  in that the judge just rubber stamps it.  If that was the case, perhaps she considered it "finalized" once it was sent to the judge.  

However, your point is still valid in that the show would have filmed before February 21st when she would have sent any stipulation to the judge for consideration.

I vaguely remember a friend of mine having to deal with the GA divorce laws second hand (long story, but she was dating a guy who was going through a divorce) and apparently, according to GA law, he and his wife had to do court ordered counseling sessions.  Which was, at the time, some sort of standard.

I think Kandi was between a rock and a hard place with the whole Todd/Apollo/Phaedra scenario.  When they were married, Phaedra encouraged a friendship between the four of them.  When they broke up, they both wanted that loyalty, but its hard to split loyalty between two people.  What I do suspect is that, if Phaedra and Apollo were still together at the time, Phaedra would have been the one to ask Kandi to hide his assets.  And I think Kandi encouraging Phaedra to take the kids to see Apollo was something she legitimately believed in.  I think for Phaedra, you had to drop Apollo completely or else you couldn't be her friend.  No matter how shitty a husband Apollo was, that seems like a harsh decision to make.*

ETA: * 1) unless there is abuse, in which case, there is no excuse to befriend an abuser, 2) I think had Kandi known he was cheating while they were married, you're right, she would have dropped Apollo like a bad habit and would have insisted Todd do the same.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

From Cynthia's last appearance on WWHL in March 2017, she said there were a few details left.  (Uncontested divorces take 31 days in Georgia), so perhaps the divorce final storyline had more to do with the two of them freeing up their status to date?  To me, it will only matter if in the off season, they magically get back together and have a third wedding on the show.  I don't see it but I will say between the attorneys on this show who take great liberties with the status and truth in something as simple as a divorce petition.

I don't think the Apollo situation was the sole reason for the Phaedra/Kandi end of friendship. There is such a weird vibe with Phaedra being upset over Apollo/Todd/Kandi and then she turns around and hold the hand of a former Kandi employee while he goes after Kandi. 

It seemed pretty clear that Peter/Todd were meeting the woman for the first time.  I am under the impression she lives in New Jersey-just how long were these trips to the strip clubs?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I guess I would only say that some of it may matter in the interpretation.  Perhaps, once the parties come to an agreement and give the stipulation to the judge its pretty much "final"  in that the judge just rubber stamps it.  If that was the case, perhaps she considered it "finalized" once it was sent to the judge.  

However, your point is still valid in that the show would have filmed before February 21st when she would have sent any stipulation to the judge for consideration.

I vaguely remember a friend of mine having to deal with the GA divorce laws second hand (long story, but she was dating a guy who was going through a divorce) and apparently, according to GA law, he and his wife had to do court ordered counseling sessions.  Which was, at the time, some sort of standard.

I think Kandi was between a rock and a hard place with the whole Todd/Apollo/Phaedra scenario.  When they were married, Phaedra encouraged a friendship between the four of them.  When they broke up, they both wanted that loyalty, but its hard to split loyalty between two people.  What I do suspect is that, if Phaedra and Apollo were still together at the time, Phaedra would have been the one to ask Kandi to hide his assets.  And I think Kandi encouraging Phaedra to take the kids to see Apollo was something she legitimately believed in.  I think for Phaedra, you had to drop Apollo completely or else you couldn't be her friend.  No matter how shitty a husband Apollo was, that seems like a harsh decision to make.*

ETA: * 1) unless there is abuse, in which case, there is no excuse to befriend an abuser, 2) I think had Kandi known he was cheating while they were married, you're right, she would have dropped Apollo like a bad habit and would have insisted Todd do the same.

This season was filmed last year, 2016, only the reunion was filmed this year. And the reunion was filmed just a few days after Cynthia finally filed for the divorce. LOL For the divorce to be "finalized" it has to be filed in the courts to begin with, so she/Peter lied, plain and simple they lied so that Cynthia had a storyline this season. As shady as Phaedra was with her creative divorce paperwork, which did come back to bite her on the ass, she really did file for divorce when she said she did. I wonder if both divorces will be finalized at/near the same time! LOL

I don't think Phaedra would have asked Kandi or anyone on the show to hide assets, I think she would know the Feds or the victims families would watch the show looking for them. As for Kandi talking to Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo, that is fine but when Phaedra told her no and why, Kandi should have respected her decision, even if she disagreed with it, and backed off. Do you really think Kandi would tolerate Phaedra, or anyone else, taking Block's side concerning Riley and inviting someone to tell her their life story about how they got past something like that? I don't think so. I also never heard Phaedra ask Kandi, or anyone else, to not be Apollo's friend or to not support him, did I miss this?

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think Kandi was between a rock and a hard place with the whole Todd/Apollo/Phaedra scenario.  When they were married, Phaedra encouraged a friendship between the four of them.  When they broke up, they both wanted that loyalty, but its hard to split loyalty between two people.  What I do suspect is that, if Phaedra and Apollo were still together at the time, Phaedra would have been the one to ask Kandi to hide his assets.  And I think Kandi encouraging Phaedra to take the kids to see Apollo was something she legitimately believed in.  I think for Phaedra, you had to drop Apollo completely or else you couldn't be her friend.  No matter how shitty a husband Apollo was, that seems like a harsh decision to make.

It always felt to me like Phaedra encouraged the friendships with Apollo and the other husband and then didn't fully realize in real life you can't just ask a friend's husband  to dissolve a friendship.  I agree that Kandi felt strongly about keeping Apollo in the boys life (which Phaedra has done) I could just never figure out why it became a breaking point for Phaedra in the friendship.  I have always thought that perhaps Phaedra is a little envious of how easy it seems for Kandi to make money and can't believe that she doesn't need Phaedra's advice to do so.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

This season was filmed last year, 2016, only the reunion was filmed this year. And the reunion was filmed just a few days after Cynthia finally filed for the divorce. LOL For the divorce to be "finalized" it has to be filed in the courts to begin with, so she/Peter lied, plain and simple they lied so that Cynthia had a storyline this season. As shady as Phaedra was with her creative divorce paperwork, which did come back to bite her on the ass, she really did file for divorce when she said she did. I wonder if both divorces will be finalized at/near the same time! LOL

I don't think Phaedra would have asked Kandi or anyone on the show to hide assets, I think she would know the Feds or the victims families would watch the show looking for them. As for Kandi talking to Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo, that is fine but when Phaedra told her no and why, Kandi should have respected her decision, even if she disagreed with it, and backed off. Do you really think Kandi would tolerate Phaedra, or anyone else, taking Block's side concerning Riley and inviting someone to tell her their life story about how they got past something like that? I don't think so. I also never heard Phaedra ask Kandi, or anyone else, to not be Apollo's friend or to not support him, did I miss this?

Phaedra has clearly expressed her anger over the friendship the other men had with Apollo, she in fact got nasty over the money Apollo spent in strip clubs with them. Phaedra has been a broken record about the others maintaining friendships with Apollo.  I am thinking we saw the reason why tonight - Phaedra doesn't tell the truth.  I also think Kandi was pretty clear she really had no time for Apollo's woman in her life.  TO me, it seemed that is where she drew the line in "supporting" Apollo.

Kandi stated her opinion she had some shoestring relative visit and talk with Phaedra and did nothing else to sway Phaedra-who ended up taking the kids to see Apollo.  I think Kandi would listen to Phaedra about Block-just because it costs very little to listen.   For Phaedra to turn around and say Kandi wasn't there for her and at the same time shut her down is a little whack.  Phaedra is such a low form of human life she deserves every bit of blow back that comes her way.  It seems to be coming back hard on her.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Sheree probably has aspirations to turn the Chateau into a Celebrity BNB.  Only problem is you have to bring the B n B yourself. 

A bed & breakfast without beds or breakfast? How dreadful!

The bottom line is Sheree is too lazy and entitled, not to mention delusional, to run a b&b out of Chateaux Sheree. Speaking of delusional, I may have injured my eyes from rolling them when she claimed that she spent (wasted) eight years of her life on that monstrosity to prove she didn't need a man b/c I swear she claimed it was for her children to inhabit until now.

6 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Don't even get me started on Cynthia taking her sweet old time with Peter.  I was Cynthia and I wouldn't be worried about holding a peach next season but whether Dateline will let me shoot my interviews in street clothes or I have to do the from the neck up to hide the prison uniform until the end thing.

It amazes me that even as these men do their own women wrong in so many ways, they stand back and let them drag other women down in the name of bro-manship.  And if I was Todd and hanging out with Peter and Apollo (assume once he is out) I'd be awake at night clutching Kandi's purse too. 

Peter is such a dick. He said something about "his house" that rubbed me the wrong way when he had Todd drive him past it one last time.

• Love 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Shady Phaedra who won't pay on a contract with Todd, even when the details are all over national TV, wouldn't try to hide some assets from the Feds if she thought she could get away with it?   That is extending a lot of credit to Phaedra that I don't think she has earned.  She has shown that she is willing to tell even the most ridiculous lies and has the arrogance to think that everyone is buying her nonsense, no one is as smart as her and that she is fooling everyone in the room.

And that applies, even in court proceedings.  See Phaedra's deposition in the Angela Stanton case.  See also Phaedra making material misrepresentations in her divorce case. 

Phaedra is not above trying to cheat the government if she thinks she can get away with it.  And...spoiler alert....she always thinks she can get away with it.

I don't think Apollo's assets were shown, and IIRC, if it weren't for the tip called in (by someone other than Phaedra, she totally swears!) I don't think they would have known to look to Kandi at all.

Should Kandi have backed off?  maybe.  But I don't know how their friendship works, not every friendship is the same.  Close friends and family get more leeway and may feel more obligated to continue to tell you something if they think its in your best interest.  An acquaintance, who doesn't really care, may just tell you once and not want to be bothered to bring it up again because they don't really care one way or the other.

I think Kandi would have listened if Phaedra had said "hey, let the man establish a relationship with his daughter, even if he is imperfect, let him see her"  and I think she would have been fine if Phaedra had insisted on the point.  Or even if, Phaedra disagreed and said "that man should never be in Riley's life because he is just going to hurt her."

Also, if Phaedra was upset because Kandi kept saying it, were they not good enough friends for Phaedra to just say "hey, this is my decision, and while I love you, I'm done talking about it, lets talk about something else."  From what I remember, Kandi let it go after she let Phaedra meet her cousin.

I don't think Phaedra had to directly ask to make her expectations known.  

17 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

A bed & breakfast without beds or breakfast? How dreadful!

The bottom line is Sheree is too lazy and entitled, not to mention delusional, to run a b&b out of Chateaux Sheree. Speaking of delusional, I may have injured my eyes from rolling them when she claimed that she spent (wasted) eight years of her life on that monstrosity to prove she didn't need a man b/c I swear she claimed it was for her children to inhabit until now.

Peter is such a dick. He said something about "his house" that rubbed me the wrong way when he had Todd drive him past it one last time.

Sleeping on an air mattress and eating stale Entenmenn's cheese danish on a card table outside of Chateau Sheree......

It probably wouldn't be comfortable, but oh what a story you'd have to tell your friends!

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 11

I have only watched ATL for short a time and have a question - if Sheree started building "Chateau She can't afford it.."(TM Kenya) 8 years ago, how did/does she afford it?

Did Bob buy it for her and the kids?  I thought Sheree brought up in a conversation with Bob, that he never paid child support for the years they have been divorced...just curious where the money came from...does Sheree make that much from RH?

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Missmissie173 said:

I have only watched ATL for short a time and have a question - if Sheree started building "Chateau She can't afford it.."(TM Kenya) 8 years ago, how did/does she afford it?

Did Bob buy it for her and the kids?  I thought Sheree brought up in a conversation with Bob, that he never paid child support for the years they have been divorced...just curious where the money came from...does Sheree make that much from RH?

It's a lonnnng story I so I forgot all the details, but Sheree started construction on her own. Yeah, she's been pouring everything she makes into it, but she was dropped from the show b/c that was her only storyline and she's only been back for a season or two. At some point she appeared on a candid reality show with a "life coach" and she said she was trying to get more money from Bob (that she wasted on other projects) to fund the house instead of for her kids, claiming she was building it for them and not herself. The host called her out on that crap, ha ha.

Edited by Ubiquitous
Formatting fixed.
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, AndySmith said:

b2d16f0e4fad034ae5bf37cde95f6647.jpg

• Love 13

What's the point of Phaedra and Cynthia lying about their divorces when by the time the show airs the information can easily be verified by the public? I'm assuming that Cynthia may have done so purely for the sake that that was her storyline all season long. Not sure she felt the need to all of a sudden make it official when it wasn't. Phaedra just lies and it often has something to do with her fake southern belle persona but after this many years on the show and exposing her true colours, why bother pretending when everyone knows you're full of shit?

I don't blame Kandi for not believing that Todd could pull off the launch...there was a lot of work to be done just a day before the event. I think this restaurant was Todd's project to prove to the world that he can make things happen and isn't just relying on the success of his wife (especially after their failed musical tour venture). He probably has little man syndrome in more ways than one. Do Peter and Todd still mess with Apollo because they know it'll get them extra screen time on the show? We're talking about a relationship with two people who both lie...it's purely convenient to choose which liar to believe. Anything that comes out of Apollo or Phaedra's mouth should come with a moment of pause to allow time for your bullshit detector to survey the situation. I don't judge Phaedra for moving on from Apollo even before the divorce talk officially began. The writing was the one wall - Phaedra isn't the woman to stick with a felon in jail and there's nothing wrong with someone not wanting to compromise their quality of life for the irresponsible and stupid mistakes of their partner. If there's any good reason to move on with your life, it's when your partner manages to land themselves in prison for 8 years. I do judge Apollo a bit here. While the marriage was on the rocks long before he was officially handcuffed and put in a jail cell, Apollo has spent every moment he could to contest the divorce and outing Phaedra having a relationship with another man, all the while he began a relationship of his own while still married to Phaedra and not yet in jail. I get that he wanted to out Phaedra's act, but blasting her for something that he was also doing just makes him look like the worse party. If you're so happy with your new woman, just shut the hell up about Phaedra and instead talk about how you're ready to close that chapter in your life, moving on with your new relationship and focus on how to be more involved with your sons right now and how you're going to be the best damn dad once you get out of jail.

• Love 1

Apollo's girlfriend is straight out of the champagne room.

I do love Kendra lapping up that tea 

Who wants to have a number of pictures of the dour OLG while you are eating?  How dreadful indeed.

• Love 2