Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Side Dishes Side Pieces

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

For the divorce to be "finalized" it has to be filed in the courts to begin with, so she/Peter lied, plain and simple they lied so that Cynthia had a storyline this season.

As for Kandi talking to Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo, that is fine but when Phaedra told her no and why, Kandi should have respected her decision, even if she disagreed with it, and backed off......I also never heard Phaedra ask Kandi, or anyone else, to not be Apollo's friend or to not support him, did I miss this?

The storyline was actually going through the process of divorce.  The actual date of the filing was up to the attorneys.  I don't buy the conspiracy theory from the gossip sites that you are linking - that Cynthia and Peter are trying to pull a Ne-Ne and Greg.  That makes no sense what so ever, considering they were never liked as a couple.  Cynthia is much more interesting as a single woman. 

What Kandi told Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo - was the same thing her lawyer, the child psychologist said.   But it was easier for Phaedra to accuse Kandi of betraying her and taking Apollo's side - than to admit that she was wrong to keep her kids from their father.

Edited by escape
  • Love 8

Sheree packing to move from the condo really pissed me off. Her kids were no help, she was acting like a petulant little child herself and her attitude about that condo was despicable. It looked really nice to me... fireplace, hardwoods, granite, nice appliances, she is the most entitled bitch I have ever seen in my life! Most people would be perfectly happy in a nice luxury condo like that.  What in the hell has she ever done to deserve better? Spread her legs for an abusive brain dead asshole like Bob? You go live your princess life at Chateau Sheree and lets see where you wind up a year from now after it goes in to foreclosure...

Peter and Todd. What losers. Peter has nothing to add to this show so please let's not ever see him again. Driving past "his" old house acting all melancholy, leaving the OLG party early because he can't bear to see the love of his life Cynthia there.  Yea, I bet he's upset about the divorce. No more money train for him, so you just know he's latching on to Todd in hopes that he can get some financing from the Bank of Kandi when he needs it! 

Peter, Todd and Kandi's support of Apollo. I don't get it. Never will.  A lying, cheating felon and you still talking to him when he calls from prison? Why??? For the beat down of Phaedra storyline? She makes an ass of herself on her own, needs no help from them. I knew the only reason Apollo is fighting that divorce is because his entitled ass wants what's "his" and Todd even said it in the car, that Apollo needs to have something when he gets out of prison. Really, Todd, tell us exactly why that piece of shit should have anything! I'm saying this in defense of Kandi for the first time, but, I hope she did get herself an iron clad pre-nup, she shouldn't trust that weasel for a second.

Porsha's birthday party for Phaedra. How sad was that? Porsha had a nice little set up with the yummy food and decorations but why no other friends of Phaedra there? I mean real friends. Seeing the two of them twerking with each other and nobody but the camera crew there was just plain depressing. 

If, at the reunion, Andy Cohen doesn't ask Cynthia  why she said her divorce was final, even told her daughter about it, when really she didn't even file yet (at the time), I'm going to lose my mind because you know he and the other ladies are going to crucify Phaedra for lying about the divorce. Turn about is fair play and Andy better bring it and not play favorites!

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This season was filmed last year, 2016, only the reunion was filmed this year. And the reunion was filmed just a few days after Cynthia finally filed for the divorce. LOL For the divorce to be "finalized" it has to be filed in the courts to begin with, so she/Peter lied, plain and simple they lied so that Cynthia had a storyline this season. As shady as Phaedra was with her creative divorce paperwork, which did come back to bite her on the ass, she really did file for divorce when she said she did. I wonder if both divorces will be finalized at/near the same time! LOL

I don't think Phaedra would have asked Kandi or anyone on the show to hide assets, I think she would know the Feds or the victims families would watch the show looking for them. As for Kandi talking to Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo, that is fine but when Phaedra told her no and why, Kandi should have respected her decision, even if she disagreed with it, and backed off. Do you really think Kandi would tolerate Phaedra, or anyone else, taking Block's side concerning Riley and inviting someone to tell her their life story about how they got past something like that? I don't think so. I also never heard Phaedra ask Kandi, or anyone else, to not be Apollo's friend or to not support him, did I miss this?

This is what I don't get. Wanting children to be able to have a relationship with their father isn't about "taking sides" to me that's what bothered me so much about the conflict between Kandi and Phaedra. Sure Kandi held a different opinion on the matter and maybe she didn't back off as completely as some think she should have but this tendency to put it into "taking sides" is so childish to me. I can have my beliefs about something without it being reduced to just "taking sides". That implies that unless you completely dismiss your own beliefs in order to back someone else's your taking the side of someone else.

I've always seen it as Kandi feeling strongly about the subject, the children and the OVERALL idea of kids and their parents and not some plea on Apollo's behalf. I mean no where in any of the exchanges did Kandi come across like she was all "For Appollo's" sake. She always addressed the situation in a way that made it clear she was looking at it in a more general sense of children should have a relationship with their parents if ever possible and not some campaign for Apollo AGAINST Phaedra.

I also believe that Kandi's disapproval was more about her personal views on the situation, especially considering her issues with her own daughters father AND her own father. Kandi should be able to share those feelings with Phaedra without it being received as Kandi being Apollo's personal advocate or Kandi doing it just to shade Pheadra.  I feel like Kandi's motivation for sharing her views was due to her own first hand knowledge of what a child feels like when their father isn't a part of their life. Thing about that sort of thing is that it ain't cut and dry or black and white. No matter the circumstances children usually feel some kinda way when they have limited access to a parent while growing up. Being as informed as possible while growing up eliminates the wondering, the filling in the blanks, the assumptions, the possible feelings of rejection. Children are very imaginative and those uncertain memories created in childhood are hard to separate from rationale thought in later years.  Limiting the already limited time they have with Apollo gives them that much more time to come up with alternative reasons as to why they didn't get to see him as often as they could.  A child's mind can be a mind field if you're not careful even if you think you have more than enough reasonable explanations for why time was limited (he's in jail, it's far away). Kids can invent a lot of self doubt (well didn't he WANT our visits, we still could have went to see him UNLESS he really didn't was us to) if given the opportunity.

I think Kandi is sensitive to this and felt like she had to share the potential damage not having access to their dad would do to them. Sure sure Apollo shouldn't have this that and the other but that has nothing to do with Kandi wanting to share her experience with her close friend. I feel like that was a very real and sentimental exchange so to hear it constantly referring to just some "taking sides", "a friend should hold her tongue", "how she gonna pick Apollo over her girl" attitude Kandi was having towards Phaedra is disappointing. I never felt Kandi was trying to be Apollo's cheerleader. It always felt like it was coming from Kandi, herself. How she felt about the situation IN GENERAL and not particularly as trying to defend Apollo.

Phaedra can feel how she wants about Kandi overstepping, I get that, but I don't think it's fair for her to assign Kandi some simplistic "she took sides" narrative.  It's such a juvenile misrepresentation of Kandi's intentions.

6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Phaedra has clearly expressed her anger over the friendship the other men had with Apollo, she in fact got nasty over the money Apollo spent in strip clubs with them. Phaedra has been a broken record about the others maintaining friendships with Apollo.  I am thinking we saw the reason why tonight - Phaedra doesn't tell the truth.  I also think Kandi was pretty clear she really had no time for Apollo's woman in her life.  TO me, it seemed that is where she drew the line in "supporting" Apollo.

Kandi stated her opinion she had some shoestring relative visit and talk with Phaedra and did nothing else to sway Phaedra-who ended up taking the kids to see Apollo.  I think Kandi would listen to Phaedra about Block-just because it costs very little to listen.   For Phaedra to turn around and say Kandi wasn't there for her and at the same time shut her down is a little whack.  Phaedra is such a low form of human life she deserves every bit of blow back that comes her way.  It seems to be coming back hard on her.

Exactly! Thank you!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Shady Phaedra who won't pay on a contract with Todd, even when the details are all over national TV, wouldn't try to hide some assets from the Feds if she thought she could get away with it?   That is extending a lot of credit to Phaedra that I don't think she has earned.  She has shown that she is willing to tell even the most ridiculous lies and has the arrogance to think that everyone is buying her nonsense, no one is as smart as her and that she is fooling everyone in the room.

And that applies, even in court proceedings.  See Phaedra's deposition in the Angela Stanton case.  See also Phaedra making material misrepresentations in her divorce case. 

Phaedra is not above trying to cheat the government if she thinks she can get away with it.  And...spoiler alert....she always thinks she can get away with it.

I don't think Apollo's assets were shown, and IIRC, if it weren't for the tip called in (by someone other than Phaedra, she totally swears!) I don't think they would have known to look to Kandi at all.

Should Kandi have backed off?  maybe.  But I don't know how their friendship works, not every friendship is the same.  Close friends and family get more leeway and may feel more obligated to continue to tell you something if they think its in your best interest.  An acquaintance, who doesn't really care, may just tell you once and not want to be bothered to bring it up again because they don't really care one way or the other.

I think Kandi would have listened if Phaedra had said "hey, let the man establish a relationship with his daughter, even if he is imperfect, let him see her"  and I think she would have been fine if Phaedra had insisted on the point.  Or even if, Phaedra disagreed and said "that man should never be in Riley's life because he is just going to hurt her."

Also, if Phaedra was upset because Kandi kept saying it, were they not good enough friends for Phaedra to just say "hey, this is my decision, and while I love you, I'm done talking about it, lets talk about something else."  From what I remember, Kandi let it go after she let Phaedra meet her cousin.

I don't think Phaedra had to directly ask to make her expectations known.  

Sleeping on an air mattress and eating stale Entenmenn's cheese danish on a card table outside of Chateau Sheree......

It probably wouldn't be comfortable, but oh what a story you'd have to tell your friends!

I have a best friend that is the harshest person anyone could ever deal with. I've gotten into screaming matches with her cause she thrusts her brutally honesty down your throat even tho you tell her to mind her fucking business and nows not the right time. That's one thing all of her friends have bonded over on occassion cause she thinks her advice should be heeded and that's it... But we love her and we forgive her cause she's also that friend that would and has dropped everything in the middle of the night and come running FOR ALL OF US at one time or another. She's also that friend that checks on you randomly with a plate of food and her company if she knows your feeling down in the dumps or is in a rut or even if she thought you may be having a simple case of the Monday's.

Yeah, I have a friend that will be brutally honest and will try and force an opinion down your throat cause she thinks you're being an ignorant mess. I've been that friend on occasion too with only one or two friends and not that often so what I saw Kandi do didn't even come close to the level of "oh no she didn't" outrage to me. <shrug>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

Sheree packing to move from the condo really pissed me off. Her kids were no help, she was acting like a petulant little child herself and her attitude about that condo was despicable. It looked really nice to me... fireplace, hardwoods, granite, nice appliances, she is the most entitled bitch I have ever seen in my life! Most people would be perfectly happy in a nice luxury condo like that.  What in the hell has she ever done to deserve better? Spread her legs for an abusive brain dead asshole like Bob? You go live your princess life at Chateau Sheree and lets see where you wind up a year from now after it goes in to foreclosure...

All of this! Sheree knows good and damn well she can't afford that monstrosity of a house. All she needed was a 3 bedroom condo! That was perfect for her. Mcmansions make zero sense to me. Porsha is another foolish ass one. Buying this big-ass house when she's single and child-free. If she were smart, she'd slide into Sheree's condo because that would've been a good size for her. But why make sense when you can live above your means? 

It really irks me when grown-ass people don't know how to dress appropriately for occasions. You'd think Todd would've gone home, showered, and put on a casual outfit (button down, nice jeans, maybe a blazer) something! But nope, he still had on the hoodie that he was sweating in all day. I shouldn't be surprised though. This is the same guy who wore a white t-shirt and jeans to his daughter's high school graduation. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

All of this! Sheree knows good and damn well she can't afford that monstrosity of a house. All she needed was a 3 bedroom condo! That was perfect for her. Mcmansions make zero sense to me. Porsha is another foolish ass one. Buying this big-ass house when she's single and child-free. If she were smart, she'd slide into Sheree's condo because that would've been a good size for her. But why make sense when you can live above your means? 

It really irks me when grown-ass people don't know how to dress appropriately for occasions. You'd think Todd would've gone home, showered, and put on a casual outfit (button down, nice jeans, maybe a blazer) something! But nope, he still had on the hoodie that he was sweating in all day. I shouldn't be surprised though. This is the same guy who wore a white t-shirt and jeans to his daughter's high school graduation. 

Porsha's dumb gigantic house makes even less sense when you realize that she had a $700,000 judgment against her when she bought the house. 

I believe Todd had planned on going home, showering, and wearing something nicer, but he grossly underestimated the amount of time it would take to clean the restaurant and set it up for the party. A couple of people talk to him about going into the back of restaurant and putting on his blazer. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Shady Phaedra who won't pay on a contract with Todd, even when the details are all over national TV, wouldn't try to hide some assets from the Feds if she thought she could get away with it?   That is extending a lot of credit to Phaedra that I don't think she has earned.  She has shown that she is willing to tell even the most ridiculous lies and has the arrogance to think that everyone is buying her nonsense, no one is as smart as her and that she is fooling everyone in the room.

And that applies, even in court proceedings.  See Phaedra's deposition in the Angela Stanton case.  See also Phaedra making material misrepresentations in her divorce case. 

Phaedra is not above trying to cheat the government if she thinks she can get away with it.  And...spoiler alert....she always thinks she can get away with it.

I don't think Apollo's assets were shown, and IIRC, if it weren't for the tip called in (by someone other than Phaedra, she totally swears!) I don't think they would have known to look to Kandi at all.

Should Kandi have backed off?  maybe.  But I don't know how their friendship works, not every friendship is the same.  Close friends and family get more leeway and may feel more obligated to continue to tell you something if they think its in your best interest.  An acquaintance, who doesn't really care, may just tell you once and not want to be bothered to bring it up again because they don't really care one way or the other.

I think Kandi would have listened if Phaedra had said "hey, let the man establish a relationship with his daughter, even if he is imperfect, let him see her"  and I think she would have been fine if Phaedra had insisted on the point.  Or even if, Phaedra disagreed and said "that man should never be in Riley's life because he is just going to hurt her."

Also, if Phaedra was upset because Kandi kept saying it, were they not good enough friends for Phaedra to just say "hey, this is my decision, and while I love you, I'm done talking about it, lets talk about something else."  From what I remember, Kandi let it go after she let Phaedra meet her cousin.

I don't think Phaedra had to directly ask to make her expectations known.  

Sleeping on an air mattress and eating stale Entenmenn's cheese danish on a card table outside of Chateau Sheree......

It probably wouldn't be comfortable, but oh what a story you'd have to tell your friends!

Nahhh, she would have helped hide them just not with anyone on the show. LOL

2 hours ago, escape said:

The storyline was actually going through the process of divorce.  The actual date of the filing was up to the attorneys.  I don't buy the conspiracy theory from the gossip sites that you are linking - that Cynthia and Peter are trying to pull a Ne-Ne and Greg.  That makes no sense what so ever, considering they were never liked as a couple.  Cynthia is much more interesting as a single woman. 

What Kandi told Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo - was the same thing her lawyer, the child psychologist said.   But it was easier for Phaedra to accuse Kandi of betraying her and taking Apollo's side - than to admit that she was wrong to keep her kids from their father.

The link I provided shows a copy of when Cynthia actually filed for divorce, it was Feb. 21 this year! She announced that the divorce was finalized/done on last nights show, that she was now a "single woman", which was not true because that was filmed last year and they are still not legally divorced yet.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The link I provided shows a copy of when Cynthia actually filed for divorce, it was Feb. 21 this year! She announced that the divorce was finalized/done on last nights show, that she was now a "single woman", which was not true because that was filmed last year and they are still not legally divorced yet.

The tabloid gossip sites aren't privy to the legal ramifications behind the scenes.   As others have noted, she could have been legally separated during this time. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This season was filmed last year, 2016, only the reunion was filmed this year. And the reunion was filmed just a few days after Cynthia finally filed for the divorce. LOL For the divorce to be "finalized" it has to be filed in the courts to begin with, so she/Peter lied, plain and simple they lied so that Cynthia had a storyline this season. As shady as Phaedra was with her creative divorce paperwork, which did come back to bite her on the ass, she really did file for divorce when she said she did. I wonder if both divorces will be finalized at/near the same time! LOL

I don't think Phaedra would have asked Kandi or anyone on the show to hide assets, I think she would know the Feds or the victims families would watch the show looking for them. As for Kandi talking to Phaedra about taking the kids to visit Apollo, that is fine but when Phaedra told her no and why, Kandi should have respected her decision, even if she disagreed with it, and backed off. Do you really think Kandi would tolerate Phaedra, or anyone else, taking Block's side concerning Riley and inviting someone to tell her their life story about how they got past something like that? I don't think so. I also never heard Phaedra ask Kandi, or anyone else, to not be Apollo's friend or to not support him, did I miss this?

Yeah I would believe that because Kandi has been on Block's side. Kandi has pushed him to have a relationship with his daughter but it seems the man is flighty as fuck and can't be relied on to show up to anything he plans with his own daughter. Kandi encouraged her daughter to give her father a chance. Kandi shut down her mother when she tried to say that Block had no place in Riley's life because he didn't pay child support and Kandi made it be known that she didn't care about his money, he cared about him not hurting her daughter. Kandi has spent her entire life as a single mother and has seen first hand what a hurt and rejected child looks like. I would expect nothing less from her than to encourage and support the idea of any man who says he wants to be an involved parent in his child's life...even if behind prison bars. Whether Apollo holds true to that is on him, not on Kandi or anyone else who supports the idea that any father who wants to be a part of his child's life should be a part of their lives so long as he isn't causing harm to them.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, escape said:

The tabloid gossip sites aren't privy to the legal ramifications behind the scenes.   As others have noted, she could have been legally separated during this time. 

Cynthia didn't say they were "separated", she said they were "divorced" and that the divorce was "finalized" last night.......big difference. They have been separated for a while, 1 1/2 - 2 years now but they didn't file for divorce until just over a month ago. She lied for whatever reason but it was a lie nonetheless.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Not much to say about this one - except that Noelle is an interesting combination of Cynthia and Leon.

And becoming prettier and prettier as she ages. She has such a lovely and unusual face imo.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Yeah I would believe that because Kandi has been on Block's side. Kandi has pushed him to have a relationship with his daughter but it seems the man is flighty as fuck and can't be relied on to show up to anything he plans with his own daughter. Kandi encouraged her daughter to give her father a chance. Kandi shut down her mother when she tried to say that Block had no place in Riley's life because he didn't pay child support and Kandi made it be known that she didn't care about his money, he cared about him not hurting her daughter. Kandi has spent her entire life as a single mother and has seen first hand what a hurt and rejected child looks like. I would expect nothing less from her than to encourage and support the idea of any man who says he wants to be an involved parent in his child's life...even if behind prison bars. Whether Apollo holds true to that is on him, not on Kandi or anyone else who supports the idea that any father who wants to be a part of his child's life should be a part of their lives so long as he isn't causing harm to them.

If Phaedra kept telling Kandi she was wrong, that what "she" was doing was wrong even after she told Phaedra why she was doing it, Kandi would be upset at her.

Apollo may have told the others he wanted to see his sons but he sure didn't act that way before he went to prison. He was MIA most of the time, out partying, going to strip clubs and doing whatever but spent very little time with his kids and the others well aware of this.

• Love 4

My opinion on this episode…

To start off, I have refused to actually look at this show another minute longer so I am assessing my opinion  based on several reviewers of the show via youtube..

I get where Sheree is coming from with not wanting to depend on anyone to get back the house she once had but the way she is going about it is wrong and extremely costly.  As one of the bloggers stated, she could have brought a complete house and renovated it to her liking or just built a smaller house since she and only one of her kids will actually be living there.

I simply just don’t get why everyone just dumps on Phaedra and call her a liar about her divorce.  It is like everyone just expects someone to just go to a lawyer and just sign papers and it is over just like THAT!  It is never that easy to get a divorce unless both parties are willing to let the status quo be and just sign.  That is NOT the case with this situation.  You have a man who is a career criminal who have both lied and cheated on Phaedra and even mentally abused and physically threated her.  This is a man who spent the last day of his freedom going on a party-and-dog his wife tour, doing and saying any and everything he could think of the hurt her.  And he still expected her to be waiting for him and giving him money while he was in prison and he would have everything she gave him when he got out.

It didn’t quite work out that way as he didn’t really thing she would actually file for divorce.  Yes there may have been misspellings of his name on the papers but that was not on Phaedra as she was not the one who would draw up the papers, it would be her lawyer.  Also it would not have held up proceedings either.  The only way that the proceedings would be held up is if it is contested by the dissenting spouse i.e. Apollo.  He wants her money and he will not let her go until he gets it or find out he cannot get it.  And yes, he sent his side-chick to twist the knife in just a little more.  The hold up even now is still about money.  He thinks Phaedra is hiding money from him that he somehow thinks he deserves.  I don’t blame her if she is and feel she should.  She has a good case of infidelity against him but that will be a very long drawn out fight. 

As for her lying about being divorce.  I don’t think she was.  All the way up to the day it is finalized the dissenting spouse can refuse to sign and contest the legality of the divorce for any reason he/she can come up with.  The is goes back to the court and there will have to be a trial to determine who gets what and how property and/or child support would be handled.  After all what possible reason would Phaedra have to lying about being divorced?  Lying about still being married would have been the way she would have gone if she didn’t want to get the divorce.  There is no logical reason for her to lie about it.

The OLG restaurant is doing well presently and still getting crowds.  All the Atlanta bloggers are buzzing about it and said the food is good.  The décor, however isn’t quite there.

The SP Girlfriend comes off very desperate and fame-whorish to me.  The whole situation  with her appears to be Apollo not only diminishing the divorce but to destroy Phaedra in front of her friends.  I am kind of happy she didn’t show up for the opening but I suspect it is coming.  As some folks have said; Todd and Petra really show how sorry their behinds are for allowing that woman to show up there, knowing Phaedra could have been there.  Very low blow.

I am glad Porsha and Phaedra spent Phaedra’s birthday enjoying a girl’s night instead of participating in that very unnecessary drama at the OLG opening.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhh, she would have helped hide them just not with anyone on the show. LOL

I suspect Phaedra doesn't have a lot of long term friends.  She seems to burn people.  And if she does, they are likely other attorneys or church folk.  Neither of whom would hide shit for her.  Or her broke ass drug dealer clients...who would probably steal it, sell it or use it. Say what you will about kandi, but she has been loyal to a fault.  It took Phaedra talking shit about Todd before she went nuclear.  

That is the friend you want hiding your shit.  Someone who is loyal, has money, and probably not a ton of qualms about hiding your stuff from the government.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

To start off, I have refused to actually look at this show another minute longer so I am assessing my opinion  based on several reviewers of the show via youtube..

I get where Sheree is coming from with not wanting to depend on anyone to get back the house she once had but the way she is going about it is wrong and extremely costly.  As one of the bloggers stated, she could have brought a complete house and renovated it to her liking or just built a smaller house since she and only one of her kids will actually be living there.

I simply just don’t get why everyone just dumps on Phaedra and call her a liar about her divorce.  It is like everyone just expects someone to just go to a lawyer and just sign papers and it is over just like THAT!  It is never that easy to get a divorce unless both parties are willing to let the status quo be and just sign.  That is NOT the case with this situation.  You have a man who is a career criminal who have both lied and cheated on Phaedra and even mentally abused and physically threated her.  This is a man who spent the last day of his freedom going on a party-and-dog his wife tour, doing and saying any and everything he could think of the hurt her.  And he still expected her to be waiting for him and giving him money while he was in prison and he would have everything she gave him when he got out.

It didn’t quite work out that way as he didn’t really thing she would actually file for divorce.  Yes there may have been misspellings of his name on the papers but that was not on Phaedra as she was not the one who would draw up the papers, it would be her lawyer.  Also it would not have held up proceedings either.  The only way that the proceedings would be held up is if it is contested by the dissenting spouse i.e. Apollo.  He wants her money and he will not let her go until he gets it or find out he cannot get it.  And yes, he sent his side-chick to twist the knife in just a little more.  The hold up even now is still about money.  He thinks Phaedra is hiding money from him that he somehow thinks he deserves.  I don’t blame her if she is and feel she should.  She has a good case of infidelity against him but that will be a very long drawn out fight. 

As for her lying about being divorce.  I don’t think she was.  All the way up to the day it is finalized the dissenting spouse can refuse to sign and contest the legality of the divorce for any reason he/she can come up with.  The is goes back to the court and there will have to be a trial to determine who gets what and how property and/or child support would be handled.  After all what possible reason would Phaedra have to lying about being divorced?  Lying about still being married would have been the way she would have gone if she didn’t want to get the divorce.  There is no logical reason for her to lie about it.

The OLG restaurant is doing well presently and still getting crowds.  All the Atlanta bloggers are buzzing about it and said the food is good.  The décor, however isn’t quite there.

The SP Girlfriend comes off very desperate and fame-whorish to me.  The whole situation  with her appears to be Apollo not only diminishing the divorce but to destroy Phaedra in front of her friends.  I am kind of happy she didn’t show up for the opening but I suspect it is coming.  As some folks have said; Todd and Petra really show how sorry their behinds are for allowing that woman to show up there, knowing Phaedra could have been there.  Very low blow.

I am glad Porsha and Phaedra spent Phaedra’s birthday enjoying a girl’s night instead of participating in that very unnecessary drama at the OLG opening.

I think people call Phaedra a liar ... because she is a lying liar who lies. 

Edited by Yasmine
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Yasmine said:

I think people call Phaedra a liar ... because she is a liar.

Lol she lies all the time and gets caught lying all the time. 

This is very true. However, the same can be said about Porsha, Cynthia, Kenya and the ever fronting Sheree. They are all liars except maybe and I emphasize maybe, Kandi. Difference is everybody acts as though Phaedra is the only one. 

40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Cynthia didn't say they were "separated", she said they were "divorced" and that the divorce was "finalized" last night.......big difference. They have been separated for a while, 1 1/2 - 2 years now but they didn't file for divorce until just over a month ago. She lied for whatever reason but it was a lie nonetheless.

Yup. She even told her daughter she was "officially" divorced. WTF Cynthia! 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Apollo may have told the others he wanted to see his sons but he sure didn't act that way before he went to prison. He was MIA most of the time, out partying, going to strip clubs and doing whatever but spent very little time with his kids and the others well aware of this.

Preach!  This really burns me up.  Now that he's on lock down, he wants to act like he's concerned about those boys.  Todd and Peter trying to act like they've tried to be father figures and Phaedra has denied them.  I call BS.  Show that footage, if you have it.  I really hope that Phaedra has stayed cool with Kim F.  I think Ayden and Dylan could play well with Kim's sons and have a surrogate father in Chris.  Hell, even Kroy would beat a blank as he and Kim Z. have kids of similar ages too.  God bless parents but I'm not sure how easily Phaedra's can keep up with those pistols.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I suspect Phaedra doesn't have a lot of long term friends.  She seems to burn people.  And if she does, they are likely other attorneys or church folk.  Neither of whom would hide shit for her.  Or her broke ass drug dealer clients...who would probably steal it, sell it or use it. Say what you will about kandi, but she has been loyal to a fault.  It took Phaedra talking shit about Todd before she went nuclear.  

That is the friend you want hiding your shit.  Someone who is loyal, has money, and probably not a ton of qualms about hiding your stuff from the government.  

I think Phaedra is smart enough to know that the victims/families and/or the Feds would watch the show in hopes of finding some of his hidden assets, which is exactly what happened. Which is why she wouldn't ask anyone on the show to hide anything. LOL

26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If Phaedra kept telling Kandi she was wrong, that what "she" was doing was wrong even after she told Phaedra why she was doing it, Kandi would be upset at her.

I don't keep a journal of these things so I'm not sure how many times Kandi brought it up but it didn't strike me as a recurring conversation. I remember the initial conversation. Then the follow-up was when she brought her cousin or some family member to meet Phaedra and of course it was brought up at the reunion but I don't count that because the topics discussed are based on what Andy wants to bring up. I don't recall Kandi ever telling Phaedra she was wrong for what she was doing but that she disagreed with Phaedra keeping her sons away from Apollo because of the potential ramifications it could have in the future.

It doesn't matter what Apollo was doing before he went to prison. If you let Apollo see his kids then as they grow, they will eventually decide for themselves the type of relationship they want with their father (if any) rather than have someone else make that decision for them. It's not like Apollo is a murderer, rapist or did something something else so foul and disgusting that it would seem unimaginable that any child would want to acknowledge a father like that. Apollo isn't in that category of criminal. It's enough for a wife to walk away. Not sure that type of crime is enough for a child to think their father is monstrous enough that they would want nothing to do with him. That said, if the kids get to talk to him on the phone, I don't see it as being all that bad that Phaedra isn't lugging them out far away to the prison to visit their dad regularly. I suspect that they do talk to him on the phone though but I don't know that for certain...I'm just assuming.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't keep a journal of these things so I'm not sure how many times Kandi brought it up but it didn't strike me as a recurring conversation. I remember the initial conversation. Then the follow-up was when she brought her cousin or some family member to meet Phaedra and of course it was brought up at the reunion but I don't count that because the topics discussed are based on what Andy wants to bring up. I don't recall Kandi ever telling Phaedra she was wrong for what she was doing but that she disagreed with Phaedra keeping her sons away from Apollo because of the potential ramifications it could have in the future.

It doesn't matter what Apollo was doing before he went to prison. If you let Apollo see his kids then as they grow, they will eventually decide for themselves the type of relationship they want with their father (if any) rather than have someone else make that decision for them. It's not like Apollo is a murderer, rapist or did something something else so foul and disgusting that it would seem unimaginable that any child would want to acknowledge a father like that. Apollo isn't in that category of criminal. It's enough for a wife to walk away. Not sure that type of crime is enough for a child to think their father is monstrous enough that they would want nothing to do with him. That said, if the kids get to talk to him on the phone, I don't see it as being all that bad that Phaedra isn't lugging them out far away to the prison to visit their dad regularly. I suspect that they do talk to him on the phone though but I don't know that for certain...I'm just assuming.

They do talk on the phone, we have heard Apollo call/talk to them, so Phaedra didn't cut Apollo out of the kids lives. Apollo isn't in a prison close to Atlanta, he never was, both prisons he has been in were/are located out of state making it hard for anyone to visit him, let alone someone bringing 2 young children with them. Also, Apollo's big complaint is that Phaedra doesn't bring the kids to see him, not that she doesn't allow him to talk to them.

I disagree, Apollo not spending time with his sons before he went to prison speaks volumes to me. He put hooking up with his now fiancé, going to strip clubs and partying with his friends ahead of spending his last weeks of freedom with his kids but then puts Phaedra on blast for not dragging the kids out of state to visit him as if they (the kids) mean the world to him. It's an act to garner sympathy and to punish/humiliate her via the show and Todd/Kandi/Peter are all willingly helping him do it.

Phaedra may have things in common with Apollo, like being a liar, shady, cheater and a questionable friend but they differ as parents, Phaedra is a good mother, Apollo is not a good father.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

THIS!!!

How all of Kandi's obvious sentiment got turned into Kandi turning on Phaedra and taking Apollo's "side" is beyond my comprehension.

Say Kandi had a falling out with Phaedra due to a number of shady shit, miscommunication and misrepresentation but call out Kandi's single mother perspective on kids having there father in their lives if possible as a tool she used against Phaedra. Not to mention Kandi herself had the experience of a father who wasn't around. I'm betting that whatever side-eye we sensed from Kandi may just have been Kandi not being able to hide her frustration as a women who didn't have the benefit of a dad who wanted to be involved or the benefit of having a present father for her daughter.  Now are Phaedra's reasons valid? Absolutely but my gut tells me that a piece of Kandi's reaction had to do with that inner child who wouldn't have cared if her dad was a part of the Mason family just as long as he wanted to be in her life. That's the type of sentiment you want to get across but is the hardest to convey. I think that's why Kandi thought it was a good idea to have her cousin try and deliver that message.

At the end of the day it was well within Phaedra's rights to decide whatever it is she decided but Kandi didn't turn on her. I think she may mishandled it for sure but I truly believe it came from her own experience and demons she herself holds. Hard to detangle yourself from a friends similar dilemma and be mindful of overstepping boundaries and I give Kandi a pass on that.

• Love 3

But did Kandi continue to harass her or was having her cousin talk to her the second and last time we saw the issue addressed? I don't remember Kandi brow beating Pheadra about it day and night.

If anything, I can believe that whenever someone asked her her feeling on the matter she answered honestly but that's not the same as crowding Phaedra and constantly insisting she bring the kids to see Apollo. Again I could be wrong but did any of that happen? And did Kandi even suggest that if Phaedra didn't change her mind it would affect their friendship. Like I'm not remembering where there was some extreme exchange on the subject. Phaedra throwing shade on it isn't the same as Kandi constantly addressing it and maybe suggesting that she wouldn't be able to rock with someone who kept they kids away from their father... or something along those lines. Pheadra being offended at Kandi's intrusion isn't the same as Kandi trying to deliberately break up the friendship over it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

I think everyone understands Phaedra's impulse to keep the details of her divorce private, but there is a mechanism for doing so which involves requesting that from the judge and not filing under a false name.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They do talk on the phone, we have heard Apollo call/talk to them, so Phaedra didn't cut Apollo out of the kids lives. Apollo isn't in a prison close to Atlanta, he never was, both prisons he has been in were/are located out of state making it hard for anyone to visit him, let alone someone bringing 2 young children with them. Also, Apollo's big complaint is that Phaedra doesn't bring the kids to see him, not that she doesn't allow him to talk to them.

I disagree, Apollo not spending time with his sons before he went to prison speaks volumes to me. He put hooking up with his now fiancé, going to strip clubs and partying with his friends ahead of spending his last weeks of freedom with his kids but then puts Phaedra on blast for not dragging the kids out of state to visit him as if they (the kids) mean the world to him. It's an act to garner sympathy and to punish/humiliate her via the show and Todd/Kandi/Peter are all willingly helping him do it.

Phaedra may have things in common with Apollo, like being a liar, shady, cheater and a questionable friend but they differ as parents, Phaedra is a good mother, Apollo is not a good father.

You're disagreeing based on having the hindsight to see how things worked out and how Phaedra has managed the situation. That isn't fair because this conversation began with me explaining Kandi's point of view - which is before Apollo even went to jail and before Phaedra even knew how she would officially decide how to manage the situation with her sons and Apollo. Kandi was providing her opinion based on the information provided to her her and at the time, Phaedra didn't really specify restrictions but that rather hesitancy of keeping Apollo in their sons lives.

At the time, if Phaedra would have used Apollo's treatment of her to decide the kind contact his children could have with him, that would be wrong. I completely disagree that it should matter what Apollo did before going to prison or what he said about Phaedra (they both slung mud at each other), the priority is what's best for their children, not using their children as a tool to punish each other. Again, at the time, it wasn't known that Phaedra would allow any communication. This was never a debate about the merits of Apollo and what he deserves. It's not our place to decide what kind of relationships he deserves. Phaedra decided he didn't deserve her and she made her decision. And regardless of the amount of strip clubs and side chicks he had, only his sons (with time) can decide if he deserves a relationship with them because ultimately, it's their lives that are more affected by that decision, not ours.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

How does any of this mean she isn't lying??

I had a very long, drawn out divorce, too (4.5 YEARS!).  But until the judge stamps it, it is not final, regardless of who is contesting it or on what grounds or if someone is a criminal. None of that matters. You know when your divorce is final. And until then, it's not final. There is no mistaking it or any gray area.

I believe Georgia is a no fault divorce state, so whether or not there had been infidelity it would not matter at all.

• Love 5

Mixed feelings about the divorce stuff.  Many years ago my husband and his business partner bought some commercial real estate in Georgia.  His partner's wife and I had to sign off on the transaction and the property was recorded as sole property of James P Smith, a married man, sole property of Jon Jones, a married man.   Neither of us were divorcing at the time.  So I am wondering if Cynthia's attorney needed to get an agreement from Peter for her to purchase the Lake House, similar to what I signed.  It makes me think there was some sort of separation agreement in place. 

I hold Phaedra to a higher standard than Cynthia because she is an attorney and she rigged things in such a way to indicate it was an uncontested matter when it wasn't.  The entire misspelled name is damn near fraud.   Apparently combined with other various misrepresentations it was enough to get the dissolution petition and order nullified.  Again Phaedra is an attorney who should know better. 

One last thing, I get the impression from the men folk of this franchise they are either directly compensated or their wives are compensated for their "appearances".  As a negotiating tool and division of property I would think it would factor into any settlement the parties try and reach.  Let's take Peter, maybe his RHOA income is his primary support and walking away may be the end of his primary support.  I don't have the answer I just think there is probably a lot more involved than we are privy to.

I recall Phaedra taking the kids and their caregivers out of town away from Apollo.  So there was a lot of animosity going on near the time of Apollo's impending incarceration.  My guess is Kandi and Todd felt like things would change once Apollo was incarcerated and had more time to focus on things that were important to him.

Not pertaining to your response I found this on the effect of infidelity on a divorce in Georgia:  http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/divorce/spousal-support/cheating-spouse-alimony-georgia.htm#  Short answer zilch. In this case as neither party filed under the grounds of infidelity. It does not effect alimony, custody or child support either.

• Love 2
(edited)

Phaedra lives in Atlanta, Apollo is in prison in New Jersey. It's not like she lives close by like his side peice does so she can't take the kids to visit every other weekend. The last time she took them to visit Apollo on camera, the kids were getting tired and cranky, she said they lost interest and wanted to go home. It's a very long day for small children, they don't understand where they are or why. She's doing the best she can. Apollo made his choices and now he has to live with what he has done to his kids, which is basically leaving them with out a father. I haven't heard any remorse from that asshole, he's still blaming Phaedra for everything that is wrong in his life. He has learned nothing except how to try to get under Phaedra's skin, which judging from the amount of time he has on his hands these days seems to be his main priority. Frankly, I don't give a damn how shady Phaedra is as long as she's a good, loving mother to those beautiful kids. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

Kandi's aunts and mother must have a following in their neck of the woods but, much as I love Southern cooking, I'd be prayin' those old witches were nowhere in sight before I stepped into their new place!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Many years ago my husband and his business partner bought some commercial real estate in Georgia.  His partner's wife and I had to sign off on the transaction and the property was recorded as sole property of James P Smith, a married man, sole property of Jon Jones, a married man.   Neither of us were divorcing at the time.  So I am wondering if Cynthia's attorney needed to get an agreement from Peter for her to purchase the Lake House, similar to what I signed.  It makes me think there was some sort of separation agreement in place. 

Two options. Peter could have released his dower rights to the property (like what you described above) during the closing. There doesn't have to be a separation or anything. It's his right to do that when she buys the property, if that's what he wants to do. There may have been some financial inducement on Cynthia's part to get him to agree.

Or they could have simply agreed during the divorce proceedings that Cynthia would retain sole use of that property and he filed a quit claim deed. Again, likely with some $$$ inducement.

I've done both, for various reasons. Easy.

You're disagreeing based on having the hindsight to see how things worked out and how Phaedra has managed the situation. That isn't fair because this conversation began with me explaining Kandi's point of view - which is before Apollo even went to jail and before Phaedra even knew how she would officially decide how to manage the situation with her sons and Apollo. Kandi was providing her opinion based on the information provided to her her and at the time, Phaedra didn't really specify restrictions but that rather hesitancy of keeping Apollo in their sons lives.

At the time, if Phaedra would have used Apollo's treatment of her to decide the kind contact his children could have with him, that would be wrong. I completely disagree that it should matter what Apollo did before going to prison or what he said about Phaedra (they both slung mud at each other), the priority is what's best for their children, not using their children as a tool to punish each other. Again, at the time, it wasn't known that Phaedra would allow any communication. This was never a debate about the merits of Apollo and what he deserves. It's not our place to decide what kind of relationships he deserves. Phaedra decided he didn't deserve her and she made her decision. And regardless of the amount of strip clubs and side chicks he had, only his sons (with time) can decide if he deserves a relationship with them because ultimately, it's their lives that are more affected by that decision, not ours.

Actually I wasn't. I am not trying to argue about how you or I feel about Kandi/Phaedra's talk before he went away, I was replying to your comments about him talking to the kids from prison.

My whole problem with Kandi in the discussion was that Phaedra laid it out for Kandi, she was very clear about why she wasn't sure she would take the kids to the prison but Kandi didn't respect Phaedra's feelings and drop the subject. Instead she had her cousin come over to talk with Phaedra a few days later, she crossed the line for me. I don't always agree with my friends when it comes to their marriages or their children and once they make it clear to me that this is their decision, I drop it, support them and let them make the decision best suited for them/their kids.

Oh, and Phaedra never said she wouldn't allow Apollo to talk to the kids or not allow him to keep in contact with them, it was only about taking 2 very young children to an out of state prison.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Actually I wasn't. I am not trying to argue about how you or I feel about Kandi/Phaedra's talk before he went away, I was replying to your comments about him talking to the kids from prison.

My whole problem with Kandi in the discussion was that Phaedra laid it out for Kandi, she was very clear about why she wasn't sure she would take the kids to the prison but Kandi didn't respect Phaedra's feelings and drop the subject. Instead she had her cousin come over to talk with Phaedra a few days later, she crossed the line for me. I don't always agree with my friends when it comes to their marriages or their children and once they make it clear to me that this is their decision, I drop it, support them and let them make the decision best suited for them/their kids.

Oh, and Phaedra never said she wouldn't allow Apollo to talk to the kids or not allow him to keep in contact with them, it was only about taking 2 very young children to an out of state prison.

If she "wasn't sure" than Kandi bringing her cousin was giving her a viewpoint to consider.  I didn't remember Phaedra "not being sure," I remember her saying that she wasn't going to do it.  And even then, I thought Kandi bringing her cousin around to give Phaedra a perspective of a grown man who was in Aiden and Dylan's shoes and what he would have liked, was a bad idea.  

But its really not a bad idea, or being obtuse, if Phaedra was still in the process of deciding whether or not the boys should have a relationship with their father, and if so, what type of relationship.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So is the more appropriate time to share a disagreeing opinion is when someone is absolutely sure of their decision? If someone is unsure, then I think a good friend would provide other perspectives to consider. I can't recall if Phaedra was unsure or if she had made up her mind at the time. If Phaedra had made up her mind, then I can see why Phaedra would feel upset and uncomfortable with Kandi's decision to bring her cousin around to meet her but if the friendship was as real and valued as they both said, how would you not know how to navigate the situation to put an end to Kandi inserting her opinion? I don't think for a second that Kandi was coming from a malicious place or trying to shame Phaedra for her decision. I think Kandi felt an emotional tie to the situation being someone who was raised without a father, someone who is raising a child without the father present and someone who has family members who were in the same situation as Aiden and Dylan. The reason why I defend Kandi here is not because I don't see anything wrong with how she managed the topic with Phaedra and not because I don't understand why Phaedra would have been offended or uncomfortable in the moment. I defend Kandi because I do think she had good intentions and for someone to whine as much as Phaedra about how real their friendship was and how Kandi basically ruined it, if that was the breaking point, that doesn't seem like something a true friendship couldn't overcome. If it were malicious, this would be an entirely different conversation and I would support Phaedra ending their friendship. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Here's some random comments--don't think I'm crazy:

1)  I liked Phaedra with that wig.  Hair covering her face/hairline was prettier than her usual pulled-back style.

2)  I thought it looked like Phaedra had gotten breast implants in that low-cut dress Porscha gave her.  There was a tell-tale line under the breast.  Has anyone ever noticed or commented on this before?  I haven't been watching regularly this year, as the show has deteriorated.

3)  I thought Kandi's restaurant was not attractively decorated.  I didn't like the unfinished wood.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I also chuckled when they shut to door to the private room when Sherin joined the rest of the ladies. Mainly because, you could see MJ on the Joyce on the other side as the door closed, trying to see what was going on, and maybe even trying to get in the room herself, but too late.

I was coming here to post exactly this!  I rewound it several times just to see the look on her face as the door slowly closed on her....such a good laugh.

• Love 3

Phaedra looked quite good in that first wig. She should seriously consider cutting her hair in that style. Even the color was flattering. 

Apollo's girlfriend is a poser. She had to mention the designer name of her purse. Most people would just say, "Let me just get my purse." but she said, "Let me get my Chanel."  It was probably fake anyway. LOL  

• Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

So is the more appropriate time to share a disagreeing opinion is when someone is absolutely sure of their decision? If someone is unsure, then I think a good friend would provide other perspectives to consider. I can't recall if Phaedra was unsure or if she had made up her mind at the time. If Phaedra had made up her mind, then I can see why Phaedra would feel upset and uncomfortable with Kandi's decision to bring her cousin around to meet her but if the friendship was as real and valued as they both said, how would you not know how to navigate the situation to put an end to Kandi inserting her opinion? I don't think for a second that Kandi was coming from a malicious place or trying to shame Phaedra for her decision. I think Kandi felt an emotional tie to the situation being someone who was raised without a father, someone who is raising a child without the father present and someone who has family members who were in the same situation as Aiden and Dylan. The reason why I defend Kandi here is not because I don't see anything wrong with how she managed the topic with Phaedra and not because I don't understand why Phaedra would have been offended or uncomfortable in the moment. I defend Kandi because I do think she had good intentions and for someone to whine as much as Phaedra about how real their friendship was and how Kandi basically ruined it, if that was the breaking point, that doesn't seem like something a true friendship couldn't overcome. If it were malicious, this would be an entirely different conversation and I would support Phaedra ending their friendship. 

They talked about it, Kandi expressed her opinion, Phaedra hers and then Phaedra made her decision. For whatever reasons Phaedra had, it was her decision to make and Kandi as her friend should have respected it and not pushed it with bringing in her cousin (who was a stranger to Phaedra) in an effort to change her mind. I agree, Kandi's intentions were honorable but she didn't support her friend in that moment when she needed it. Sometimes, the best thing to do for a friend is wait a while and approach the subject again in a few weeks, not a couple of days, after the friend has had time to cool down and think clearer. It wasn't that Kandi was malicious, she was insensitive to Phaedra's point of view/feelings.

13 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

Phaedra looked quite good in that first wig. She should seriously consider cutting her hair in that style. Even the color was flattering. 

Apollo's girlfriend is a poser. She had to mention the designer name of her purse. Most people would just say, "Let me just get my purse." but she said, "Let me get my Chanel."  It was probably fake anyway. LOL  

According to the site, SFtA, production loaned her that purse! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
(edited)
Just now, WireWrap said:

They talked about it, Kandi expressed her opinion, Phaedra hers and then Phaedra made her decision. For whatever reasons Phaedra had, it was her decision to make and Kandi as her friend should have respected it and not pushed it with bringing in her cousin (who was a stranger to Phaedra) in an effort to change her mind. I agree, Kandi's intentions were honorable but she didn't support her friend in that moment when she needed it. Sometimes, the best thing to do for a friend is wait a while and approach the subject again in a few weeks, not a couple of days, after the friend has had time to cool down and think clearer.  

I agree, but you and I wouldn't be having to make sure our discussion was worked into a production schedule and was taped (which I think skews many, if not all, of the discussions that take place on these 'reality shows').  

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

How does any of this mean she isn't lying??

I had a very long, drawn out divorce, too (4.5 YEARS!).  But until the judge stamps it, it is not final, regardless of who is contesting it or on what grounds or if someone is a criminal. None of that matters. You know when your divorce is final. And until then, it's not final. There is no mistaking it or any gray area.

I believe Georgia is a no fault divorce state, so whether or not there had been infidelity it would not matter at all.

So why do you think Cynthia lied about filing for divorce, that it was finalized and she was/is a single woman when none of that was true? Most here have no problem calling out Phaedra for her lie that her divorce was finalized but few are calling out for Cynthia lying about all of it.

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Mixed feelings about the divorce stuff.  Many years ago my husband and his business partner bought some commercial real estate in Georgia.  His partner's wife and I had to sign off on the transaction and the property was recorded as sole property of James P Smith, a married man, sole property of Jon Jones, a married man.   Neither of us were divorcing at the time.  So I am wondering if Cynthia's attorney needed to get an agreement from Peter for her to purchase the Lake House, similar to what I signed.  It makes me think there was some sort of separation agreement in place. 

I hold Phaedra to a higher standard than Cynthia because she is an attorney and she rigged things in such a way to indicate it was an uncontested matter when it wasn't.  The entire misspelled name is damn near fraud.   Apparently combined with other various misrepresentations it was enough to get the dissolution petition and order nullified.  Again Phaedra is an attorney who should know better. 

One last thing, I get the impression from the men folk of this franchise they are either directly compensated or their wives are compensated for their "appearances".  As a negotiating tool and division of property I would think it would factor into any settlement the parties try and reach.  Let's take Peter, maybe his RHOA income is his primary support and walking away may be the end of his primary support.  I don't have the answer I just think there is probably a lot more involved than we are privy to.

I recall Phaedra taking the kids and their caregivers out of town away from Apollo.  So there was a lot of animosity going on near the time of Apollo's impending incarceration.  My guess is Kandi and Todd felt like things would change once Apollo was incarcerated and had more time to focus on things that were important to him.

Not pertaining to your response I found this on the effect of infidelity on a divorce in Georgia:  http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/divorce/spousal-support/cheating-spouse-alimony-georgia.htm#  Short answer zilch. In this case as neither party filed under the grounds of infidelity. It does not effect alimony, custody or child support either.

Being "separated" is completely different than claiming you "filed" for divorce and then claiming the divorce was "finalized". Cynthia's divorce from Peter was never finalized because she never filed for divorce last year to begin with, it was all a lie. She/Peter could have used "We are separated" as their storyline just as easily, if not easier, than lying that they were divorcing/divorced/single ready to mingle and he still would have gotten paid. Bottom line, she lied about all of it!

38 minutes ago, rayndon said:

I agree, but you and I wouldn't be having to make sure our discussion was worked into a production schedule and was taped (which I think skews many, if not all, of the discussions that take place on these 'reality shows').  

Ahhhh, the ever present production! LOL As much as production may have wanted them to discuss this on camera, they were not forced to do it. I think both Kandi and Phaedra were wrong in talking about it on camera because of the kids, that isn't something we needed to know, Shame on both of them IMO.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well it's official. Joyce was right. Imo, Todd is a fuckboi. He actually disgusts me now. The use of "females" is almost always a tipoff for me but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Even the KKK seem to dislike him and they're hardly pinnacles of virtue themselves.

I know why Phaedra lies (cuz she's a liar) but why did Cynthia lie? I always find her boring but if she's becoming conniving like the rest of them then she might get interesting.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2

I enjoyed FRICK & FRACK's birthday celebration.  

I could not believe Todd didn't shower before the party.  He looks so tiny in the pink shirt in his TH's.

I liked the WANTED picture of the OLG, but the restaurant was not appealing to me at all.

I'm sick of Peter, Todd and Apollo.  Glad Kandi insisted on the pre-nup.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So why do you think Cynthia lied about filing for divorce, that it was finalized and she was/is a single woman when none of that was true? Most here have no problem calling out Phaedra for her lie that her divorce was finalized but few are calling out for Cynthia lying about all of it.

Being "separated" is completely different than claiming you "filed" for divorce and then claiming the divorce was "finalized". Cynthia's divorce from Peter was never finalized because she never filed for divorce last year to begin with, it was all a lie. She/Peter could have used "We are separated" as their storyline just as easily, if not easier, than lying that they were divorcing/divorced/single ready to mingle and he still would have gotten paid. Bottom line, she lied about all of it!

Ahhhh, the ever present production! LOL As much as production may have wanted them to discuss this on camera, they were not forced to do it. I think both Kandi and Phaedra were wrong in talking about it on camera because of the kids, that isn't something we needed to know, Shame on both of them IMO.

We have no concept if they completed the paperwork and depended on the attorney to file.  If the idea was presented as -here is the agreement-work out the details and sign, Cynthia may have felt once Peter signed it was a done deal only to find out that upon review legal counsel later advised waiting to file and finish the deal.  Cynthia isn't an attorney there has been no real behavior to indicate she and Peter are still together and that seemed to be the rub.  If the divorce or lack thereof was a ruse.

• Love 1

Phaedra's lie was televised for all the viewers to see. Cynthia's lie has been uncovered and posted in a general thread about the episode that not everyone may have looked at it or fact checked. If someone doesn't acknowledge Cynthia's divorce lie, does it somehow make Phaedra's lie less of a lie? When someone is instigating and you lash out like a fool, most aren't going to pay attention to what made you pop off, most will just remember that you popped off and how foolish you looked. When two people lie, people will likely want to talk about the liar who portrays themselves as an honest, God fearing, southern belle who happens to be dishonest, condescending and judgemental. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

We have no concept if they completed the paperwork and depended on the attorney to file.  If the idea was presented as -here is the agreement-work out the details and sign, Cynthia may have felt once Peter signed it was a done deal only to find out that upon review legal counsel later advised waiting to file and finish the deal.  Cynthia isn't an attorney there has been no real behavior to indicate she and Peter are still together and that seemed to be the rub.  If the divorce or lack thereof was a ruse.

It doesn't matter about the paperwork or her attorneys, she lied about filing and she lied that the divorce was done/finalized........she lied. If they were only separated, then say that and I have no doubt that Cynthia knows the difference between being separated, legally filing for divorce and the divorce being finalized.

26 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Phaedra's lie was televised for all the viewers to see. Cynthia's lie has been uncovered and posted in a general thread about the episode that not everyone may have looked at it or fact checked. If someone doesn't acknowledge Cynthia's divorce lie, does it somehow make Phaedra's lie less of a lie? When someone is instigating and you lash out like a fool, most aren't going to pay attention to what made you pop off, most will just remember that you popped off and how foolish you looked. When two people lie, people will likely want to talk about the liar who portrays themselves as an honest, God fearing, southern belle who happens to be dishonest, condescending and judgemental. 

Cynthia's lie was "televised" as well, the only difference is that Phaedra got caught lying on camera and Cynthia didn't. Just because Cynthia wasn't caught in that lie doesn't make her any less of a liar, Phaedra at least filed and the divorce was only stopped because Apollo stopped it. LOL

ETA, Phaedra's bad behavior should be called out but that doesn't negate Cynthia's deliberate lies. One doesn't cancel out the other.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It doesn't matter about the paperwork or her attorneys, she lied about filing and she lied that the divorce was done/finalized........she lied. If they were only separated, then say that and I have no doubt that Cynthia knows the difference between being separated, legally filing for divorce and the divorce being finalized.

Cynthia's lie was "televised" as well, the only difference is that Phaedra got caught lying on camera and Cynthia didn't. Just because Cynthia wasn't caught in that lie doesn't make her any less of a liar, Phaedra at least filed and the divorce was only stopped because Apollo stopped it. LOL

ETA, Phaedra's bad behavior should be called out but that doesn't negate Cynthia's deliberate lies. One doesn't cancel out the other.

I just want to know how Phaedra got her attorney friend to "play the role" like that for all to see? That was a real attorney in those scenes right? So like Trump needing help, Phaedra will drag everyone down with her to perpetrate her fantasy life she's leading! I guess she really thinks if she's only seen in a good light in her opinion, that no amount of video can dispute her interpretation! ;-)

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

I just want to know how Phaedra got her attorney friend to "play the role" like that for all to see? That was a real attorney in those scenes right? So like Trump needing help, Phaedra will drag everyone down with her to perpetrate her fantasy life she's leading! I guess she really thinks if she's only seen in a good light in her opinion, that no amount of video can dispute her interpretation! ;-)

I wonder if Phaedra did all the paperwork, filed it herself and then only had her friend pretend to be her divorce lawyer on the show. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

We have no concept of what Cynthia's attorneys told her.  Maybe he told her it was filed.  Maybe he told her Peter signed the papers and the divorce was as good as done.  Cynthia has never been married before, never gone to law school, maybe she relied on her attorney's representations.  When it counted when she was live last month on WWHL she said it wasn't final.  Cynthia being inaccurate or misrepresenting on TV doesn't excuse Phaedra's material misrepresentations to the court.

Phaedra knew better and hers wasn't just a lie she defrauded Apollo and the judgment was nullified. Phaedra got caught lying by the court the difference is so huge it cannot be quantified. 

What is we should be so angry at Cynthia about?  As long as it is not some contrived story and she and Peter are secretly together I see no harm.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Phaedra's bad behavior should be called out but that doesn't negate Cynthia's deliberate lies. One doesn't cancel out the other.

But you have to understand, Cynthia isn't Public Enemy Number One, Phaedra is. 

Given all the venom being directed at her, apparently, I missed the scenes where she committed murder; swindled some elderly folks out of their home, social security and pension; burned down an orphanage; kicked some puppies and spat on a homeless person. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

We have no concept of what Cynthia's attorneys told her.  Maybe he told her it was filed.  Maybe he told her Peter signed the papers and the divorce was as good as done.  Cynthia has never been married before, never gone to law school, maybe she relied on her attorney's representations.  When it counted when she was live last month on WWHL she said it wasn't final.  Cynthia being inaccurate or misrepresenting on TV doesn't excuse Phaedra's material misrepresentations to the court.

Phaedra knew better and hers wasn't just a lie she defrauded Apollo and the judgment was nullified. Phaedra got caught lying by the court the difference is so huge it cannot be quantified. 

What is we should be so angry at Cynthia about?  As long as it is not some contrived story and she and Peter are secretly together I see no harm.

It wasn't filed, let alone finalized during filming, she lied and actually, she did claim it was finalized on WWHL a few weeks ago! LOL

• Love 1