Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Talk of the Town

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Normades said:

When I see Ramona with all her insanity and horrible plastic surgery, I picture Mario laying in bed with some sweet young thing sipping wine and laughing his ass off.  I don't condone what he did, but I don't know how he lived with that nutter for so long.  He must feel like a man who was released from a life term in prison.  I'll bet he doesn't even mind paying any settlement.  As a wise person once told me:  Do you know why divorce is so expensive?  Because it's worth it!

That and you can drink out of ANY container in the fridge and put it right back in?

I have stated this before...

Mario and Jason caught hell for being jerks (real and imagined) but there is NOTHING on the planet more horrific than to be out with someone and being on pins and needles during the evening/event waiting for your partner to say something (stupid/rude/nonsensical/mean).

Ramona and beffeny have a penchant for saying the stupidest shit in a public/group setting. It's not the 'truth cannon/owing your shit' - it's merely they feel the need to get some last jab in.

You can tell people to fuck off in a civil way, but neither has the tact, brains or ability to pull it off.

Beffy just throws out the rudest shit - Ramona goes middle school.

I remember seeing J and M standing by - after B or R whipped down their pants and took a shit on the floor at a gathering - with the dumbest smiles on their faces, while they tried to figure out what their next move/escape was going to be.

Having to follow either B or R  is like trying to clean up after a Great Dane with diarrhea that shit on the floor heater vent.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What facts are there post last February? Has there been some declaration of Tom stating he is in a open relationship?   I don't understand why anyone would go on and on about the status on a couple's relationship.  Ramona et al, keep objectifying Luann and Tom's relationship. . .it is their main topic of conversation and their running joke.  Oh absolutely gauche to carry on like columnists in tabloids about what one may or may not have heard, or calling ex girlfriends of the groom. 

It is going to be pretty hard to top a photograph of Tom kissing another woman.  It just gives me the creeps these women are taking over and under bets on the wedding and I am sure there is some contingency deal after the wedding why they don't want it to work.  These are the same women who then wonder why their likability is on the decline or they are having are time finding the right guy.

Ramona and Sonja look like pitiful sore losers every time they bring the wedding or Tom up.  Ramona should never question why she isn't invited to anything by Tom and/or Luann-she is an idiot.  Any conversation with Tom she claims is flirting.  

The facts have been discussed on the show.  And it's not just Tom.  Luann said -- on camera -- that she had an open relationship with her husband but, when asked about it on the reunion, she denied having an open relationship and denied having ever said any such thing.  It's ridiculous.

I do think you should warn a friend if you have knowledge about their fiance/husband being unfaithful, but, once you've done that, you need to step out.  I actually don't understand why Luann seems so desperate to be married to this guy -- it borders on obsession -- but, if she's determined to overlook anything and everything that might stand in the way of that goal, then folks should definitely butt out and let her have at it.  Ramona just likes to stir shit, but Sonja is ridiculously, sickeningly jealous.  Everything she says about it makes her sound pathetic.

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG.  I have a lot to catch up on with this thread.  I guess, I'll just start in the beginning and read straight through to see what everyone is saying.  HOWEVER, I just felt that this episode was one of the funniest that I have ever seen.  I'm not sure why ,but, so many things caused me to laugh!  lol  AND IT'S EVERYONE doing it.  Dorinda is hysterical on so many levels.  So is Bethenny and I don't even like Bethenny, (long story), but, even Ramona (flirting with the contractor and pretending to be dating and casting dispersions on Luann and Tom), Luann ( basking in her uptown apt) even Carol(making her political predictions). GOD help her.  It's just too funny.  

I got tickled first with that montage they show which ends with Dorinda shouting at someone who asks how she's doing and she shouts, "NOT TOO WELL, WITCH!"  I hope this is going to be a great season!   So far, I'm getting lots of jealousy though.  I don't even like Luann that much, but, please ladies.  GREEN does not look good on them.  AND is it just me or do the hard feelings, resentments, jealousies, and disdain seem REALLY genuine this year?  I think so.  What do you know.  SHOCK.  I hate those petty, fake fights.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

The fact that Sonja thinks that having a fling with a schlub like Albert is something to brag about is just further proof of her grand delusion.

I think what's irritating the other women is not that Luann refuses to say that she's in an open relationship, but that she goes out of her way to say she's not, when the facts don't back it up.  It goes back to the biggest and oldest complaint about Luann:  she's a liar.  

That's because they constantly corner her into that conversation and she's not gonna give. Good for her!  I think it's ridiculous to pursue a different answer and to such a degree. Why the need to keep going in circles? Let. It. Go.  I find the obsession to get Lu to bend to their will way more of a nuisance than Lu presenting her relationship as something that is making her happy. In Lu's case, it appears that the relationship does indeed make her happy. Who cares if she finds no desire in disclosing the particular details of the terms? Or feels the specifics are not something she's comfortable sharing and instead would much rather present it as a more traditional arrangement. Who the hell does it hurt?

It does go back to the fact that the others find Lu annoying. To me it's such a childish reason they use as justification to keep going in on Lu as cuttingly deep as they do and that is what I find truly despicable.  Not Lu trying to save face. Someone trying to save face is way more understandable than grown ass women going so hard on a woman in such relentless ways for the simple fact that she bugs them.

Truly pathetic I think.

• Love 14
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, Thumper said:

That's a style.  Front tucked in, back hanging out.  I think it's weird, but it is a thing!

That was the style when I was in junior high in 1991.

• Love 3
On 4/6/2017 at 9:40 AM, bichonblitz said:

Yea, I'm convinced they definitely have an "arrangement". Lu seems to be deliriously happy and has never looked better. They have fun together and when they are not together they do their own thing. I'm sure Lu had a nice long talk with Tom about learning to be very discreet, though. She appears to be more embarrassed about Tom being seen around town doing his thing, than if he was doing it behind closed doors. She just needs to cut the bullshit about not having an open relationship, because it looks to me that this is exactly what she has.  

Of course Bethenny, the smartest business women in all of the universe, told her experienced realtor Fredrik  that she wanted more money for her property and of course they got the full asking price and all cash offer to boot! And of course all of that happened within a few short days. And of course Bethenny was gloating because once again she was right. Bethenny lives for being right. 

In my opinion Carole's face looked just as stretched and creepy as Ramona's. Carole looks worse because she was never pretty to begin with. Her stretched lower face emphasizes her fake teeth.  You could cut diamonds on those cheeks. She either had cheek implants or mega doses of filler. They also both have that hollow eye look which I can't stand, as if the surgeon took too much skin off the upper and lower lids. Yuk. 

So is she supposed to wear a sign around her neck or something? This is the part that always confuses me. Why she needs to explain it to anyone? She wants to tell me Tom is home every night at 6 and they eat at the table discussing their day. Sure. IDAF regardless unless I'm invited to dinner. Otherwise, do you Lu.. Do you... (and whoever else comes along if that's what is floating that marriages boat). Hell do I care? Hell do they care?

And where in the rule book does it say she HAS to shout it from the rooftops or confirm it to ain't shit bitches that do nothing but gun for her all the live long day?

I'd be obnoxiously happy and delirious all damn day if it meant driving the others crazy. I'm one to be conscientious about how I affect others in my presence but what I hate is when people take that shit too far. My quirks, my mannerisms, my habits, my way may not be your cup of tea but I refuse to be attacked over it. People can be annoyed by me but be annoyed at a respectful distance or else Imma give you something to be annoyed about which is why I kinda love it when I notice Lu lay some stuff on thick. I can't help it. She may bug but that doesn't give people the right to try and go for the jugular. That's just straight up ridiculous reasoning.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

So is she supposed to wear a sign around her neck or something? This is the part that always confuses me. Why she needs to explain it to anyone? She wants to tell me Tom is home every night at 6 and they eat at the table discussing their day. Sure. IDAF regardless unless I'm invited to dinner. Otherwise, do you Lu.. Do you... (and whoever else comes along if that's what is floating that marriages boat). Hell do I care? Hell do they care?

And where in the rule book does it say she HAS to shout it from the rooftops or confirm it to ain't shit bitches that do nothing but gun for her all the live long day?

I'd be obnoxiously happy and delirious all damn day if it meant driving the others crazy. I'm one to be conscientious about how I affect others in my presence but what I hate is when people take that shit too far. My quirks, my mannerisms, my habits, my way may not be your cup of tea but I refuse to be attacked over it. People can be annoyed by me but be annoyed at a respectful distance or else Imma give you something to be annoyed about which is why I kinda love it when I notice Lu lay some stuff on thick. I can't help it. She may bug but that doesn't give people the right to try and go for the jugular. That's just straight up ridiculous reasoning.

These fucking vultures need to have Lulu admit it, so they can be justified in making evil comments like that.

As for now? It's all supposition and they sound like a bunch of harpies making chirping noises.

Nothing would suit them better that for her to come out and say that she is in an 'open' relationship.

That just allows them to ramp their chirping up - "SEE!!!!! I told you SO!!!!! - and gives the "it will never work" rumors MORE traction.

As my mom once said, "Who cares what anyone does with THEIR ass, As long as they don't use MINE to do it."

• Love 12
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

The facts have been discussed on the show.  And it's not just Tom.  Luann said -- on camera -- that she had an open relationship with her husband but, when asked about it on the reunion, she denied having an open relationship and denied having ever said any such thing.  It's ridiculous.

I do think you should warn a friend if you have knowledge about their fiance/husband being unfaithful, but, once you've done that, you need to step out.  I actually don't understand why Luann seems so desperate to be married to this guy -- it borders on obsession -- but, if she's determined to overlook anything and everything that might stand in the way of that goal, then folks should definitely butt out and let her have at it.  Ramona just likes to stir shit, but Sonja is ridiculously, sickeningly jealous.  Everything she says about it makes her sound pathetic.

I am very suspicious of Lu's motives in marrying him so quickly.  So I don't really mind seeing Moaner & Sonja clucking about it.  They're kinda just what saying out loud what many of us are wondering about.  We didn't see that stunning penthouse last season, did we?  Cuz that, I woulda remembered.  

Ah, these producers are very, very deliberate, aren't they?  And we know they don't like Lu much.  Er, pirate, cough, cough.  I'm wondering now if they showed us those expansive views of the penthouse to say -- hey, viewers, wanna know why she married him -- well, look at this.  Even Bethenny & Satan Andy, with all their dough, don't have an incredible place like that.

By now we know Lu well.  She is exactly the kind of woman who would marry a man for his apartment -- & marry him fast to clinch it.  And it would tickle me silly to hear Sonja or Moaner throw that out there.  But not Bethenny.  I'm hoping Bethenny watched herself last season & realized she was too much -- too much anger & bitterness & too focused on Lu, who didn't even especially deserve the focus of her rage.

• Love 6

It seems to me that Bethenny is more jealous of the Tom Luann relationship than the money and assets that Luann may be able to partake as the WIFE.  The money....well.....she has that ,but the relationship.  That's illusive to her.  I can see how she's resentful of Luann having one.  I mean, how dare she? lol   I mean, Luann is not nearly as smart, funny, and personable as Bethenny, right?  lol 

I feel that Romana is jealous of the whole package deal that Luann got.   She's just ape crazy over it.  Sonja too.  Too bad. I like them both, but, man, all those bad vibes they're emitting in the name of CONCERN.....yeah, right.  I'd be scared of some super bad karma coming back on me.  But, it looks like it will provide us with more amusement this season.  I figure they'll run it to the ground.

• Love 7

I'd much have a woman marry me for my apartment and be up front about it, than marry a woman who has no problem pissing 40k a month away on a 'nominal' career/hobby/vanity.  Lulu may be a gold digging ho', but she has enough sense NOT to brag about how much a ho like her costs a month?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

Again I am not aware of what Luann's relationship with the Count 10 years ago and her relationship with Tom have to do with one another.  IIRC what angered the other women at the time, was she did not want to reveal she had been dumped by the Count and continued to pretend they were married.  I donlt believe for one minute any of the women thought Luann and Tom were in an open relationship or were marrying to be in an open relationship.  It is just a way to slut shame Luann. 

First off, with the exception of Dorinda, none of these women are Luann's friend.  I believe if the couple reconciles and many a couple has reconciled after serious infidelity including children outside of the marriage, it is time to wipe the slate clean.  Tom cheating on Luann had zero effect on Sonja, Ramona, Carole or Bethenny.  How they chose to handle it is on them and comments they made are on them.  Did any of these woman have any significant contact with Luann after the Reunion? 

It just seems so sexiest to me, to claim the woman is the one obsessed and wanting to get married to some guy at any cost.   Tom has to want to marry her as well maybe he is the one obsessed with marrying Luann. Tom had to do some soul searching to decide if wanted in the world that is Luann's and subject himself for perhaps the rest of his life to intense scrutiny by third parties and much of what is reported about him may be totally false.  I kind of felt bad for Luann when she was asked and answered what she liked about Tom and Ramona butted in telling Luann her answer was wrong and not deep enough.  Mark my words no one will ever repeat Mario's mistake and marry batshit crazy Ramona. Ramona needs to be the first resident at the Real Housewives Retirement Home.  Your description of Sonja is perfect.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Tom probably does meet most of what Luann is looking for in a partner, on paper. He is well off financially, he has a penthouse on the Upper East Side, he moves in the same social circles she does, and he is single. Ding ding ding, we have a winner! He gets her into the ivory penthouse she has been dreaming about since her divorce, so she will probably overlook any philandering on his end.

And for some reason this infuriates people.... Head scratcher for sure.

• Love 5
Just now, Yours Truly said:

And for some reason this infuriates people.... Head scratcher for sure.

I don't see it as people being infuriated; broken girl code issue is what's being said! Luann is probably more of a HO than any of them and has no shame in snatching up one of her friends' boy toys! She knew not to talk to Sonja about Tom because she already knew about their relationship, but she didn't care! When we hear of their divorce, I'll try not to laugh, but it'll be hard! She's too old and worldly to be acting like this; giddy and desperate! ;-(

• Love 3

I don't have any issues with the gals talking about Lu with each other. That is what we would all be doing with our friends if we thought the whole thing was a big fat farce. But the things that Ramona said to Lu's face were what was shocking to me. And she sits there not understanding why she wouldn't be invited to the Shower. Why would she want to be at the Shower, if not for the publicity? She just wanted her face in some tabloid as having been invited. Lu was much nicer to Ramona, as is every single person on this show. I just do not get it and I never will. And she had seriously just been out on a date when she met Dorinda at her apartment? With that hair? Good Lord. 

• Love 10
(edited)

People marry for a variety of reasons.  I don't find security or companionship to be offensive reasons.  

I do not believe all the comments that Ramona makes about her dating or just been out on a hot date.  Just don't buy it. I think she wants others to see her that way, though.  She could be doing it, but, I think she's having issues. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I'd much have a woman marry me for my apartment and be up front about it, than marry a woman who has no problem pissing 40k a month away on a 'nominal' career/hobby/vanity.  Lulu may be a gold digging ho', but she has enough sense NOT to brag about how much a ho like her costs a month?

Last year it was Luann had more money than Tom and he was scamming single wealthy UES women, now it is Luann is marrying him for his view.  Luann has her own money and I believe she is frugal. 

24 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I am very suspicious of Lu's motives in marrying him so quickly.  So I don't really mind seeing Moaner & Sonja clucking about it.  They're kinda just what saying out loud what many of us are wondering about.  We didn't see that stunning penthouse last season, did we?  Cuz that, I woulda remembered.  

Ah, these producers are very, very deliberate, aren't they?  And we know they don't like Lu much.  Er, pirate, cough, cough.  I'm wondering now if they showed us those expansive views of the penthouse to say -- hey, viewers, wanna know why she married him -- well, look at this.  Even Bethenny & Satan Andy, with all their dough, don't have an incredible place like that.

By now we know Lu well.  She is exactly the kind of woman who would marry a man for his apartment -- & marry him fast to clinch it.  And it would tickle me silly to hear Sonja or Moaner throw that out there.  But not Bethenny.  I'm hoping Bethenny watched herself last season & realized she was too much -- too much anger & bitterness & too focused on Lu, who didn't even especially deserve the focus of her rage.

Hi Scoobs-

Any sightings at Sonja's?  Does it look like it is on the market?

I would say eleven months isn't exactly a quickie engagement but others do.  Ramona and Sonja are probably still clucking about it.   The others have all weighed in -it is a small place, his second home is in West Palm Beach.  The yacht isn't up to par, the ring is murky, he uses his family name and has no money.

I am just amazed that Ramona would attribute some bizarre gossip about Luann to Tom's mom. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I think Ramona looks great.  She doesn't look to me like she's had anything done. 

Eye appointment anytime soon?  Please tell me you think Kim Zolciak has had work.  :)

I kid, I kid.  

When you say "anything done" do you mean no surgery with knife?  

Each one of them has dipped into fillers and botox.  You don't have virtually lineless, waxy, plump skin in your 50s when the rest of you is thin.  I'm 49 and there is no one my age that has the look of Ramona, Carole, Bethenney's skin.  Some look like LuAnn and Sonja who are both are doing the cosmetic procedures they way it should be done -- a little enhancement, but not the face of someone embalmed.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I am very suspicious of Lu's motives in marrying him so quickly.   

But why? She's not young enough to fake a pregnancy. Even if she were to poison him for the money I'm sure there are already arrangements for whatever assets he has.

Ramona and Sonja are angry that they couldn't "tame" Tom and make him marry them.

Bethenny has hated Luann since the Jill days and from some of Lu's actions, I think the feeling is mutual. It's frustrating tho that these two hide their disdain for each other. I would love to see Luann unload on Bethenny and her secret relationship.

What is frustrating to watch is in a society where people all pretend to be different we always seek to punish those who truly are. I think for that reason it's going to be easy to avoid this one this year and wean myself off the rest.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

People marry for a variety of reasons.  I don't find security or companionship to be offensive reasons.  

I do not believe all the comments that Ramona makes about her dating or just been out on a hot date.  Just don't buy it. I think she wants others to see her that way, though.  She could be doing it, but, I think she's having issues. 

Thank you!!

And I'll add that no one should have to confirm, deny or announce what specific reasoning is anchoring the decision to marry.

• Love 6

Random thoughts as I'm watching...

Nice to see all the ladies in Skinny Girl red *eyeroll*

Gawd--Sonja is so embarrassing.  I don't know if I can take a whole season of her. I can only hope she get wasted a lot...

Ramona answering the door in her negligee? Puh-leeze. She's another asshole. I mean, I really cannot stand her. She can also stop with her faux concern over Lu and Tom.  She couldn't give a rat's ass about her happiness.  

I skipped though all of B's scenes.  I couldn't possibly care less about her or the apartment or the divorce or really anything. 

I gotta say - Lu's looking pretty good this season. All the wedding talk is going to wear thin though. 

Still liking Dorinda.

Carole is Carole. 

"Yacht jeans." lol. 

A Rey sighting! 

• Love 7

I just hope this doesn't become the hating on Luann show. Dorinda seems to be the only one who treats her with a modicum of friendly feeling. Ramona and Sonja and Bethenny are insanely jealous. So they will do whatever they can to destroy her happiness. Carole is a follower so she will go along for the ride because she is too stupid and shallow to have her own opinion.

This is not enough to build a season on that's for sure. Let's hope that the new girl brings something to the table.

• Love 14

The problem with LuaAnn is that she completely overreacted when Bethenny told her about Tom.  She should have just calmly said, "Okay, thanks for telling me.  I'll handle it."  She made an issue out of everyone else making an issue out of it.  And here we are.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Again I am not aware of what Luann's relationship with the Count 10 years ago and her relationship with Tom have to do with one another.  IIRC what angered the other women at the time, was she did not want to reveal she had been dumped by the Count and continued to pretend they were married.  I donlt believe for one minute any of the women thought Luann and Tom were in an open relationship or were marrying to be in an open relationship.  It is just a way to slut shame Luann. 

First off, with the exception of Dorinda, none of these women are Luann's friend.  I believe if the couple reconciles and many a couple has reconciled after serious infidelity including children outside of the marriage, it is time to wipe the slate clean.  Tom cheating on Luann had zero effect on Sonja, Ramona, Carole or Bethenny.  How they chose to handle it is on them and comments they made are on them.  Did any of these woman have any significant contact with Luann after the Reunion? 

It just seems so sexiest to me, to claim the woman is the one obsessed and wanting to get married to some guy at any cost.   Tom has to want to marry her as well maybe he is the one obsessed with marrying Luann. Tom had to do some soul searching to decide if wanted in the world that is Luann's and subject himself for perhaps the rest of his life to intense scrutiny by third parties and much of what is reported about him may be totally false.  I kind of felt bad for Luann when she was asked and answered what she liked about Tom and Ramona butted in telling Luann her answer was wrong and not deep enough.  Mark my words no one will ever repeat Mario's mistake and marry batshit crazy Ramona. Ramona needs to be the first resident at the Real Housewives Retirement Home.  Your description of Sonja is perfect.

LOL, It does have an effect on them.

Beffy married Jason, the attention whore - Now how the eff did THAT happen? A smart, modern, business woman fell for some ne'er-do-well? Who's fault is that?

Ramona marries some asshole that cheats on her. Imagine wanting to bang a woman who isn't a vengeful, rat bitch that can't hold her water?

Sonja? Sonja should get thrown in jail for killing wildlife - She's "shot more beavers" in one season any poacher could in the wild?

Carole doesn't care, she's too busy on the tweeter, starting a revolution?

It's just a reminder - and a huge burr in their thongs - as to how screwed up their pursuit of wealth and happiness is moving along.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 5
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

I just hope this doesn't become the hating on Luann show. Dorinda seems to be the only one who treats her with a modicum of friendly feeling. Ramona and Sonja and Bethenny are insanely jealous. So they will do whatever they can to destroy her happiness. Carole is a follower so she will go along for the ride because she is too stupid and shallow to have her own opinion.

This is not enough to build a season on that's for sure. Let's hope that the new girl brings something to the table.

You say jealous, I say resentment for her boorish behavior! No one throws more underhanded "shade" than Lu! I would have told the b!tch to kick rocks years ago! She does something catty, then sidles up to the person later asking some lame arse question as if nothing had happened; sorta like that girl's night at Dorinda's! ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Punctuation correction
  • Love 7

Interesting to see the pics posted in the link on the previous page of the ladies at the premiere party. Ramona looks ridiculous with those huge implants. Love Carole's hair, her outfit not so much. Dorinda's jumpsuit does her no favours. I hate Tinsley's dress. The horizontal pattern makes her look way bigger than I would think she is, judging from other pics of her I have seen. Luann is back to looking mannish. And her legs (and knees) look the age she is. Which makes me wonder if they use those softening lens when the film the series. Lu in the short skirt when she met Dorinda in the park looked much softer, and her legs looked fabulous. Not at all like how they look in the premiere picture. I thought Sonja looked the best. I wonder if the tags are still on the dress? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Sonja looked the best. I wonder if the tags are still on the dress? 

Of course not!

She probably reattaches the tags when she gets back home. What do you think some of those interns are for?

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

i'm gonna go against the grain here and say i think adam is cute. my questions is what does he see in carol? a cool apt? tv time?

He is not my personal cup of tea, but I think he has a handsome face and can see why others would find him attractive. I do often wonder what he gets out of the relationship myself. It's not just the ages; they seem like an odd match to me. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Yes, she did admit that she/the Count had an open marriage at the end of their marriage but she also said that it was not something she wanted. She agreed to it in an effort to save her marriage.

Calling someone's ex gf and his friends looking for dirt is not trying to protect/look out for a friend, it is looking for dirt to humiliate/hurt someone, which is exactly what/why Ramona is doing it. She wants ammo to hurt/humiliate Luann and nothing more IMO.

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

But why? She's not young enough to fake a pregnancy. Even if she were to poison him for the money I'm sure there are already arrangements for whatever assets he has.

Ramona and Sonja are angry that they couldn't "tame" Tom and make him marry them.

Bethenny has hated Luann since the Jill days and from some of Lu's actions, I think the feeling is mutual. It's frustrating tho that these two aren't hide their disdain for each other. I would love to see Luann unload on Bethenny and her secret relationship.

What is frustrating to watch is in a society where people all pretend to be different we always seek to punish those who truly are. I think for that reason it's going to be easy to avoid this one this year and wean myself off the rest.

Dating is like fishing in a hole.

Worm your hook and toss the effer in.

If you go in and pull every fish out of the water and toss the on the shore to die because they aren't the fish you are looking for? Pretty soon there is nothing left to fish for.

R and S are the kind of anglers that will catch 30 fish and go home unhappy because they aren't THE fish they want.

Sometimes eating 'crappie' ain't a bad thing?

• Love 2

The only men on this franchise seem to be Tom and John. Both of whom are relentlessly attached by these other witches. We don't see them with anyone. 

Is it that they just hate men?

Oh I forgot Adam. They don't attack him. That would be child abuse. Besides they must think being with Carole is punishment enough for anyone. 

I stand corrected. Never mind.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't have any issues with the gals talking about Lu with each other. That is what we would all be doing with our friends if we thought the whole thing was a big fat farce. But the things that Ramona said to Lu's face were what was shocking to me. And she sits there not understanding why she wouldn't be invited to the Shower. Why would she want to be at the Shower, if not for the publicity?

I am right there with you. Of course they're going to talk. Lu isn't really true friends with most of these gals, and they're just speculating on the same stuff we are. But that's where it needs to end. They don't need to bring it up to Lu. They don't need to bring it up to Tom. They don't need to call exes and start probing into the relationship or past relationships. That's just downright crazy. 

39 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

Ramona answering the door in her negligee? Puh-leeze.

With the contractor named Mario. Anyone else think that when she was asking him if he knew any eligible bachelors, she was really hitting on HIM? I mean, how easy would that be? She wouldn't have to learn a new name to call out. 

33 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

The problem with LuaAnn is that she completely overreacted when Bethenny told her about Tom.  She should have just calmly said, "Okay, thanks for telling me.  I'll handle it."  She made an issue out of everyone else making an issue out of it.  And here we are.

That does make it a little stickier. And she has also said, a few times, that if someone knows more they should tell her. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't really matter why they're getting married. If they both want it, have at it! And I know these broads don't really care all that much about her potentially getting hurt, but Lu does make it confusing at times. I would have just said, "We're good. I'll handle my business, thanks" and left it at that. Saying that Ramona should tell her if she knows something just leaves the door open for more prying. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she did admit that she/the Count had an open marriage at the end of their marriage but she also said that it was not something she wanted. She agreed to it in an effort to save her marriage.

Calling someone's ex gf and his friends looking for dirt is not trying to protect/look out for a friend, it is looking for dirt to humiliate/hurt someone, which is exactly what/why Ramona is doing it. She wants ammo to hurt/humiliate Luann and nothing more IMO.

I agree with the bolden and I hate it too, because I have been a Ramona fan for a long time. I've defended her  a lot, too.  Even when she hurled that glass and hit the woman in the face.  She can push some buttons, but this just looks sad to me. 

Okay.  So, who is to be believed?  Did Ramona, Sonja and Bethenny REALLY NOT get invited to Luann's wedding OR were they invited, but, couldn't make it.  Recall they each claimed something.  Bethenny said she would only attend for an appearance fee, Sonja was traveling, and Ramona.....I can't recall.  WHO LIED about that?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree with the bolden and I hate it too, because I have been a Ramona fan for a long time. I've defended her  a lot, too.  Even when she hurled that glass and hit the woman in the face.  She can push some buttons, but this just looks sad to me. 

Okay.  So, who is to be believed?  Did Ramona, Sonja and Bethenny REALLY NOT get invited to Luann's wedding OR were they invited, but, couldn't make it.  Recall they each claimed something.  Bethenny said she would only attend for an appearance fee, Sonja was traveling, and Ramona.....I can't recall.  WHO LIED about that?

Bethenny, Ramona and Carole were not invited at all. Sonja on the other hand was invited to the bridal showers but when she bad mouthed Luann/Tom on SM and in the press/tabloids she was not invited to the wedding. Luann/Tom made the decision to not have their wedding filmed for the show because they only wanted guests there that support their marriage, so they didn't invite any HWs other than Dorinda and I can't blame them. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But, when you can do it under the premise of 'looking out for a friend'? 

That excuse just give the ramonster a 'defensible position' to fall back on.

Lulu: Why are you calling around trying to dig up dirt on Tom-cat?

RS: Because I don't want to see you hurt at the hands of another, I WANT TO BE THE ONE THAT FUCKS YOU UP.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I am right there with you. Of course they're going to talk. Lu isn't really true friends with most of these gals, and they're just speculating on the same stuff we are. But that's where it needs to end. They don't need to bring it up to Lu. They don't need to bring it up to Tom. They don't need to call exes and start probing into the relationship or past relationships. That's just downright crazy. 

That does make it a little stickier. And she has also said, a few times, that if someone knows more they should tell her. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't really matter why they're getting married. If they both want it, have at it! And I know these broads don't really care all that much about her potentially getting hurt, but Lu does make it confusing at times. I would have just said, "We're good. I'll handle my business, thanks" and left it at that. Saying that Ramona should tell her if she knows something just leaves the door open for more prying. 

When Bethenny told Luann on camera, Luann retreated to her room, went back to NY and was not in contact with anyone but Dorinda, who burned her. The women pretty much were mad at Luann for not dumping Tom, because they had decided the Luann/Tom engagement romance was just for the show.  Come the Reunion, Ramona claimed to have something and when asked to spit it out backed out.  If Tom had been hit by lightening on the way to the church Carole, Bethenny, Ramon and Sonja would say, "see told you so they were faking it for a storyline." It is a catch 22 for Luann if she says don't tell me-she is desperate and has her head in the sand, if she says go ahead tell me, then she is suspicious, or opening the door for abuse.  Sonja was right when this first happened-call Tom and tell him to deal with it.  He is the one hurting your friend put it back on him.

To me short of something egregious like the Tom photos, I don't think Ramona saying things like he cheats when he is out of town is helpful..  I do think Luann handled it nicely with the Nancy Drew comments to Ramona.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Last year it was Luann had more money than Tom and he was scamming single wealthy UES women, now it is Luann is marrying him for his view.  Luann has her own money and I believe she is frugal. 

Hi Scoobs-

Any sightings at Sonja's?  Does it look like it is on the market?

I would say eleven months isn't exactly a quickie engagement but others do.  Ramona and Sonja are probably still clucking about it.   The others have all weighed in -it is a small place, his second home is in West Palm Beach.  The yacht isn't up to par, the ring is murky, he uses his family name and has no money.

I am just amazed that Ramona would attribute some bizarre gossip about Luann to Tom's mom. 

So the penthouse isn't all that?  Looked pretty nice from what we saw.  Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if producers were manipulating us to think the worst of Lu.  Well, they don't have to manipulate me to think that.  She's shown herself to be such a slimy lowball character.

I noticed on Sonja's block, there are 2 or 3 townhouses with For Sale signs in front.  Not Sonja's tho.  I kinda liked seeing the street views from Sonja's tall windows in that scene where Bethenny was surprisingly chummy with Sonja.  Sheesh, I expected to see me quickly passing by, as I do just about every day on my way to the subway.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So the penthouse isn't all that?  Looked pretty nice from what we saw.  Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if producers were manipulating us to think the worst of Lu.  Well, they don't have to manipulate me to think that.  She's shown herself to be such a slimy lowball character.

I noticed on Sonja's block, there are 2 or 3 townhouses with For Sale signs in front.  Not Sonja's tho.  I kinda liked seeing the street views from Sonja's tall windows in that scene where Bethenny was surprisingly chummy with Sonja.  Sheesh, I expected to see me quickly passing by, as I do just about every day on my way to the subway.

I wasn't saying it wasn't nice I was repeating what Sonja and Ramona said.  I am sure given time Bethenny will rip it apart.  From the pictures it seems lovely.

Thanks for the update on Morgan Mansion.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

When Bethenny told Luann on camera, Luann retreated to her room, went back to NY and was not in contact with anyone but Dorinda, who burned her. The women pretty much were mad at Luann for not dumping Tom, because they had decided the Luann/Tom engagement romance was just for the show.  Come the Reunion, Ramona claimed to have something and when asked to spit it out backed out.  If Tom had been hit by lightening on the way to the church Carole, Bethenny, Ramon and Sonja would say, "see told you so they were faking it for a storyline." It is a catch 22 for Luann if she says don't tell me-she is desperate and has her head in the sand, if she says go ahead tell me, then she is suspicious, or opening the door for abuse.  Sonja was right when this first happened-call Tom and tell him to deal with it.  He is the one hurting your friend put it back on him.

To me short of something egregious like the Tom photos, I don't think Ramona saying things like he cheats when he is out of town is helpful..  I do think Luann handled it nicely with the Nancy Drew comments to Ramona.

Nobody was mad at Lu for marrying Tom, IMO.  Being mad at her for doing something so stupid would mean that they actually care about her and her well being. They don't. They, like many others, thought she was being incredibly stupid for allowing the public humiliation, and didn't like being called liars about what they knew and what their prior relationships were with Tom.  To say they were mad is making it sound like they actually don't want to see her humiliated, and with the exception of Carole and Dorinda - who I don't believe are cruel enough to want to see her suffer - the rest of them are hoping and praying that they are proven right and Tom really is a dog. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

I thought the outside space was pretty fabulous.  But it is a bachelors penthouse.  For 'penthouse' standards it was on the small side.  But it has great outside space and great views.  That's worth money.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jamie Satyr said:

You say jealous, I say resentment for her boorish behavior! No one throws more underhanded "shade" than Lu! I would have told the b!tch to kick rocks years ago! She does something catty, then sidles up to the person later asking some lame arse question as if nothing had happened; sorta like that girl's night at Dorinda's! ;-)

These women have piled on 10x's more than what was necessary to counter whatever small time petty shade Lu has ever thrown. It's ridiculous how Lu's shade is equated to the absolute vitriol that's been launched at Lu for the last couple of seasons. The only thing that came close to aggressive was the fight Lu had with Carole and ahemmmm that was a back and forth bout not some one sided attack. Lu just throws really good shade and with little effort. Doesn't mean it's somehow more unacceptable than Beth screaming like a banshee in everyones face or Sonja and her inappropriateness or Ramona and her batshitcrazy accusations. Sure, a hair flip, giggle and dismissive gesture or comment burns like almighty hell but countering that with such low blows and underhanded maliciousness is just amazingly disproportioned.

To me it just doesn't compare.

1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

Listen Luann throws a lot of shade. So do all of them. But what is the storyline for the rest of them. Just carping at Luann?

Thank you!

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Nobody was mad at Lu for marrying Tom, IMO.  Being mad at her for doing something so stupid would mean that they actually care about her and her well being. They don't. They, like many others, thought she was being incredibly stupid for allowing the public humiliation, and didn't like being called liars about what they knew and what their prior relationships were with Tom.  To say they were mad is making it sound like they actually don't want to see her humiliated, and with the exception of Carole and Dorinda - who I don't believe are cruel enough to want to see her suffer - the rest of them are hoping and praying that they are proven right and Tom really is a dog. 

I will say it more clearly, collectively they feigned being mad at Luann for not dumping Tom and continuing her relationship with him.  It was all about camera time and who would have a story and who would get invited on a trip.  Luann's impromptu romance needed to be a group effort because all they had were Bethenny's fibroids.

Well Ramona lied more than Luann ever did about her relationship with Tom.  She had not seen him for weeks before he and Luann hooked up.   Luann asking Ramona for permission was so absurd.  Met him on Monday, he dumped me by Thursday.  So her down from seven up to four dates was all just so desperate on Ramona's part.  Sonja and her lover of ten years who she claimed she banged 5 times-only because no one threw out a lower number. 

1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

The only men on this franchise seem to be Tom and John. Both of whom are relentlessly attached by these other witches. We don't see them with anyone. 

Is it that they just hate men?

Oh I forgot Adam. They don't attack him. That would be child abuse. Besides they must think being with Carole is punishment enough for anyone. 

I stand corrected. Never mind.

I agree it seems they are all looking for the perfect man.  Would that be the legally separated, still hasn't filed for divorce cue ball with five kids? 

Adam tosses a mean salad.

• Love 4

These women are alone for a reason. It is easy to see why.

That is why I think they are insanely jealous of Luann and will do anything they can to destroy her relationship. The fact that they are now actually married must burn their ass bigly.

• Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

These women are alone for a reason. It is easy to see why.

That is why I think they are insanely jealous of Luann and will do anything they can to destroy her relationship. The fact that they are now actually married must burn their ass bigly.

I doubt it! Lu's got nothing on these women except maybe "more arrogance" and pomposity! Hard to believe she's actually letting her title go by marrying again! There's the real desperation after all this time!  ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Punctuation correction
  • Love 4

She has a lot over these women. She has a husband. A relationship she can show on TV.  It might not be perfect. I mean she is not riding on his handlebars eating  tofu tacos. Instead they are shipping champagne in his Penthouse. 

Meanwhile Ramona is molesting her contractor. Bethenny is trying on her daughters clothes and Sonja is singing "Glory Days" while trying to make sure that the semen stains don't degrade on her Chanel Jumpsuit from the 1980's. The only one who is in a healthy relationship seems to be Dorinda who is dating a chubby dry cleaner from the outer boroughs. While the other witches tell her that he is no good for her  and she should be alone like them.  

Luann is the type of woman who guys like a lot more than other woman. A lot like Erika on Beverly Hills. Or at least that is how it seems to me.

• Love 23