Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 9/16/2018 at 12:14 AM, Maggienolia said:

Y'all... Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter movies) is on Cameo. Along with Marla Maples, Josh Gates...Abby Lee Miller?!?!?!? this is the weirdest and saddest site!!! But Tom Felton?? I'd think he'd be above something like this with all the D-listers, Z-listers, and has-beens... sad. Just sad. What a weird mix of "celebs"... Caitlyn Jenner?!?! "ICON"... uh... okay. 

Thanks @Dot - I have fallen down a rabbit hole and can't get out!!! 

That's an interesting web site.  So many pseudo-celebrities.  Tom Felton doesn't seem that above the rest of them though.  He was a supporting character in a popular movie series, but that's not particularly prestigious.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:59 PM, 3girlsforus said:

You have to click their picture and then scroll to the bottom. Most seem to be in the $50-$100 range. I’ve heard of almost none of them. Danica Mckellar is $60 but she’s doing it for pediatric cancer. Kathy Griffin is $499. It amazes me that anyone pays for this. 

I think it's kinda neat, to have that sort of brief personal connection to a TV person you are a fan of.  My parents are big fans of Monk, and they are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in January.  I am considering getting Melora Hardin to record something for them.

But most of those people available are pretty low on the fame totem pole.  Anyone who tries to parlay an appearance on a reality show into some sort of fame strikes me as kind of pathetic.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She should at least have continued with the swimming, its a decent workout and does not strain the joints of Whitopotimus 

image.png.24b0df92197a9c116c4a0a18f5d7ce78.png

WHITOPOTIMUS! I LOVE THAT! ? Best Whitticism since "Sweatney," @Mahamid Frauded Me.

I am always fascinated with those teeny, tiny feet in photos of her swimming pool split. Imagine trying to haul around 400 #s on those. Like everyone else, I doubt her self-diagnosis of plantar fasciitis; she shows no symptoms of same. But I don't doubt how much pain her feet are causing her. She just doesn't admit to her fans -- and possibly herself -- that its HER WEIGHT causing most of her physical problems.

Regarding her parking in a handicapped space at Dahlia's: there was no evidence of either a DP plate or placard that could be seen in what was shown on MBFFL.

• Love 3

Dot, thanks for the handicapped parking context. 

There may be places where she can only get out of the car if it is a wider than normal parking spot, such as may be the case for a handicapped space.  The people who lined those tiny spaces are all hating fat shamers!  I never understood that before.  Whitney is obviously entitled!

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Dot, thanks for the handicapped parking context. 

There may be places where she can only get out of the car if it is a wider than normal parking spot, such as may be the case for a handicapped space.  The people who lined those tiny spaces are all hating fat shamers!  I never understood that before.  Whitney is obviously entitled!

It's these monster trucks & SUVs that are the problem, IMO. And, remember, Twit owned one for about 2 years. Then she was next seen in a white Kia. I am quite sure that's bc she had a great deal of difficulty climbing into her monster SUV. It would also have been difficult to open the door, in tight parking spaces, far enuf to get in or out.  (I speak from personal experience.)

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Whether Whitney has one or not, that making the lifestyle choice to be obese now entitles someone to a handicapped placard makes me ragey. Full of rage. Full!

The criteria probably vary by state.  In my state it might have had something to do with a state of heart disease (bad enough she needs to be close to wherever she's walking to but not so bad she can't get there).  So not directly related to obesity, but then we know that obesity has a few comorbidities.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

The comments that accompany Twit's gym photo today, I can't even . . .

Ugh, the slow motion makes me cringe even harder. Although at least she admits that she has absolutely shitty form. I have no idea why her new goal is 65% more than her newly-achieved max (a more reasonable goal might be 125, or 100 with GOOD FORM) but whatever, Whitney is an idiot.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, treetop said:

Am I the only one questioning if that are really 100lb? Bc to me it looks not more than 40. You can see how flimsy it all is when she arrogantly throws it down with no regard for the equipment. 

They are probably rubbery weights, which you can "throw" on the floor. (Actual) power-lifters use them. Whether it's actually 100 pounds...? Eh, I am skeptical.

• Love 3

You know how our doctors weigh us each year at our annual exams?  And then the nurse helpfully tells us how it compares to the prior year?  Like it's news to us?  Like we never ever weighed ourselves all year?  Like we don't know down to the half ounce what is going on?

So I'm amused by Whitney's claim that she can't tell you how much she has lost (notice she assumes she has lost), because she probably does only weigh herself every few years.

But she has so much more "discipline" now so what do I know.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Dot said:

It's these monster trucks & SUVs that are the problem, IMO. And, remember, Twit owned one for about 2 years. Then she was next seen in a white Kia. I am quite sure that's bc she had a great deal of difficulty climbing into her monster SUV. It would also have been difficult to open the door, in tight parking spaces, far enuf to get in or out.  (I speak from personal experience.)

But a small car presents other challenges for really big people.  It seems like it would be difficult to squeeze in to a seat that size.  I always kind of have to fold myself into the driver's seat.

19 minutes ago, treetop said:

Am I the only one questioning if that are really 100lb? Bc to me it looks not more than 40. You can see how flimsy it all is when she arrogantly throws it down with no regard for the equipment. 

It looks like powerlifting stuff that is meant to be dropped like others have said - I think that weight is 95 lb (an Olympic bar is 45 lb and those look like two 25-lb plates, one per side). 

29 minutes ago, Ray Adverb said:

But a small car presents other challenges for really big people.  It seems like it would be difficult to squeeze in to a seat that size.  I always kind of have to fold myself into the driver's seat.

That model of Kia is advertised as an SUV, so it is probably roomier than a standard sedan. The advantage for Twit is that she climbs in stepping down as you do to get into a sedan rather than having to climb up into a regulation SUV.

ETA: WTF does Twit mean by gaining "authentic relationships" thru her current exercise routine? The only relationships she has are with those who birthed her or those she met in h.s. Or is she speaking of Will Powell & his daughter whose relationship with her depends on whether or not she can come up with their fee for each session.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 3

Will Powell wrote this in his Fitness Zone blog:

"It’s a fact: you can’t out-exercise a bad diet. Nutrition is a critical component to seeing results in any exercise regimen. Whether you are trying to lose weight or gain muscle, there is a balance of caloric needs you must meet in order to make those results a reality. Eating at ideal times can make or break the results from a workout. Likewise, skipping meals or eating an unbalanced diet can sabotage your progress."

How does he justify his work with Twit if he believes that?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, treetop said:

A heavy pound weight would not bounce at all.   Looks like it is made of rubber.

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

You know how our doctors weigh us each year at our annual exams?  And then the nurse helpfully tells us how it compares to the prior year?  Like it's news to us?  Like we never ever weighed ourselves all year?  Like we don't know down to the half ounce what is going on?

So I'm amused by Whitney's claim that she can't tell you how much she has lost (notice she assumes she has lost), because she probably does only weigh herself every few years.

But she has so much more "discipline" now so what do I know.

She *can't* weigh herself. At home scales mostly have a max of 300# (although there's a more expensive brand that goes up to 400#). And I have no idea how much the weight limit on a normal doctor's scale is. It used to be 350. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

A heavy pound weight would not bounce at all.   Looks like it is made of rubber.

They are heavy AND made of rubber, powerlifting weights are designed to bounce. You see a lot of even regular dumbbells in gyms nowadays have rubber ends so that if they're dropped they won't damage the floor.

7 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

She *can't* weigh herself. At home scales mostly have a max of 300# (although there's a more expensive brand that goes up to 400#). And I have no idea how much the weight limit on a normal doctor's scale is. It used to be 350. 

That reminds me of the time (season 2 maybe?) Glenn bought a bunch of scales and brought them all home because he didn't know which ones Whitney wouldn't break, LOL

• Love 2

I thought she had the ability to weigh herself at Will's.  And with the help of another set of eyes you can use two scales.  That's how Dad weighed our very large dogs.  If Whit cared at all about her weight and losing it she would find a way to occasionally check her status.  She it's not "can't", it's "don't give a fuck".

Lots of livestock in North Carolina.  Somewhere there is a scale available for her.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

They are heavy AND made of rubber, powerlifting weights are designed to bounce. You see a lot of even regular dumbbells in gyms nowadays have rubber ends so that if they're dropped they won't damage the floor.

That reminds me of the time (season 2 maybe?) Glenn bought a bunch of scales and brought them all home because he didn't know which ones Whitney wouldn't break, LOL

The floor is also made of rubber. I think either Will or his daughter has been lurking here and Will finally decided to address the issue of form with her. Now, if he'd only forcefully address nutrition --- ie tell her that if she doesn't clean up her diet her won't work with her any more as a client. But he won't do that, because then he wouldn't get publicity for his gym. Or the $$$ from TLC.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Brooks said:

I thought she had the ability to weigh herself at Will's.  And with the help of another set of eyes you can use two scales.  That's how Dad weighed our very large dogs.  If Whit cared at all about her weight and losing it she would find a way to occasionally check her status.  She it's not "can't", it's "don't give a fuck".

Lots of livestock in North Carolina.  Somewhere there is a scale available for her.

Honestly, they'd probably ought to just take her down to the truck stop and weigh her. That's how my childhood best friend's mom had to get weighed. She was 600lb Life territory.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Ugh, the slow motion makes me cringe even harder. Although at least she admits that she has absolutely shitty form. I have no idea why her new goal is 65% more than her newly-achieved max (a more reasonable goal might be 125, or 100 with GOOD FORM) but whatever, Whitney is an idiot.

That form. She's going to hurt herself severely.

This is what proper form looks like:

Note the enormous difference between Whitney's finishing position on what she calls a "clean and jerk" and what real clean and jerk looks like.

Also, with powerlifting the really important measure is strength to weight ratio. It is not that impressive to see someone clean and jerk (even properly) a fourth of their own body weight.

39 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

The floor is also made of rubber. I think either Will or his daughter has been lurking here and Will finally decided to address the issue of form with her. Now, if he'd only forcefully address nutrition --- ie tell her that if she doesn't clean up her diet her won't work with her any more as a client. But he won't do that, because then he wouldn't get publicity for his gym. Or the $$$ from TLC.

The only part of the video that is accurate - with maxing out power lifts - is that you do not set the weights down in a controlled manner. Dropping them is how it's done. It's safer for the lifter, and the weights and the floor are designed for it.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Brooks said:

You can get scales with higher capacity for home use.  This one is only 48 bucks and has a capacity of 550 pounds.

Edited by Ray Adverb
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Most hospitals & clinics have one of those digital scales that seem to weigh up to infinity. (Ref: the scale seen in M600#L.) I doubt Twit has a GP that she sees on a regular basis bc s/he would tell Twit to lose 200 #s. But even the doc-in-a-box she consults in "emergengies" would probably have a digital scale.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, SenshusWoman said:

Honestly, they'd probably ought to just take her down to the truck stop and weigh her. That's how my childhood best friend's mom had to get weighed. She was 600lb Life territory.

Are those even any good for weighing humans?  They have higher capacity, but the trade off is precision.  I heard once that they can only weigh in 20 pound increments.

3 hours ago, Dot said:

That model of Kia is advertised as an SUV, so it is probably roomier than a standard sedan. The advantage for Twit is that she climbs in stepping down as you do to get into a sedan rather than having to climb up into a regulation SUV.

Wouldn't there still be an issue getting out of the car? You'd have to host yourself up once either way. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, alabetser said:

Wouldn't there still be an issue getting out of the car? You'd have to host yourself up once either way. 

I don't see why: wouldn't she just swing her left leg out, swivel on her butt & put the right leg out? 

Even so, a step down from a sedan to get out of a sedan is much easier than a climb up to get into an SUV.

4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

That form. She's going to hurt herself severely.

This is what proper form looks like:

Note the enormous difference between Whitney's finishing position on what she calls a "clean and jerk" and what real clean and jerk looks like.

Also, with powerlifting the really important measure is strength to weight ratio. It is not that impressive to see someone clean and jerk (even properly) a fourth of their own body weight.

The only part of the video that is accurate - with maxing out power lifts - is that you do not set the weights down in a controlled manner. Dropping them is how it's done. It's safer for the lifter, and the weights and the floor are designed for it.

Yeah, she still does it completely wrong. Doesn't Will realize that the clean and jerk starts with a squat? And there's a squat in the middle?

Does Will realize how BAD she is making him look?

• Love 7

165 is a pretty decent clean and jerk weight for average weight women who are casual lifters. Ill be impressed if she can do it.

The jerk tends to be the limiter, most women can clean much more than they can jerk.

I think for Whitney it will be tough because her bar path is messed up due to her stomach. Also for cleaning and also jerking- it is a very fast movement you really need to 'duck' under the bar. You need a lot of explosive speed and mobility.

Also 100 lbs strict press is not a really good indicator that you can jerk a ton. My best strict press is 95 lbs and my best jerk is 140, for reference. And  it doesn't sound like a lot but 25 lbs on a jerk is a hugeeee amount. I don't think I will ever get to 165 lbs on a jerk. 

Olympic lifting is all about form form form. Raw strength will only get you so far . 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Dot said:

Will Powell wrote this in his Fitness Zone blog:

"It’s a fact: you can’t out-exercise a bad diet. Nutrition is a critical component to seeing results in any exercise regimen. Whether you are trying to lose weight or gain muscle, there is a balance of caloric needs you must meet in order to make those results a reality. Eating at ideal times can make or break the results from a workout. Likewise, skipping meals or eating an unbalanced diet can sabotage your progress."

How does he justify his work with Twit if he believes that?

Eh. He is trying..He is offering her.support in eating healthy and.getting herself.moving. The man isn't a magician or a miracle worker .

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Brooks said:

I'm just going to put it out there that the main post office typically has a large weight scale. I only know this because in law school, the disability firm I worked with had a very large guy who was weighed once a month at the post office by sliding his mattress onto the flatbed of a truck and then onto the scale (he actually couldn't get up on his own).

• Love 3
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We used to volunteer at a food bank . . . there was an industrial scale there so they could weigh pallets of donations as they came in.  Not that Twit would go anywhere she was expected to do anything for free . . . like volunteer.  

You missed the key phrase....FOOD bank

• Love 2
10 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Eh. He is trying..He is offering her.support in eating healthy and.getting herself.moving. The man isn't a magician or a miracle worker .

He is an enabler.  And apparently not assertive enough to address her bad form.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

He is an enabler.  And apparently not assertive enough to address her bad form.

Of course he is, he is getting free publicity from Whitapotimus.   

Another thing mentioned, if she doesn't know how much she has lost/gained, clearly she isn't going to the Dr's on a regular basis, which in itself is bad.  She is not in good health and I would think she would be under better Dr supervision at her current weight, maybe report in every 3 - 4  months, especially if she has pre-diabetes (as she claimed)   

• Love 4
14 hours ago, MegD said:

I'm just going to put it out there that the main post office typically has a large weight scale. I only know this because in law school, the disability firm I worked with had a very large guy who was weighed once a month at the post office by sliding his mattress onto the flatbed of a truck and then onto the scale (he actually couldn't get up on his own).

At our local rock, sand and bark place you drive your pickup on a scale before and after loading...maybe that could work for her? ?

• Love 5

Twit's visit to the gym today led her to muse, saying: "I've spent a lot of time feeling guilty that I think I'm unable to do much of anything JUST for myself. It makes me a great employee -- if I'm working for someone else, I'm a total perfectionist.""

How lacking in self-awareness is this woman any how? She does nothing for herself? Good grief, everything she does is in service to herself. Furthermore, all her friends are expected to bend to her desires or they are no longer friends. (Mattie? And where's Donna now?) Doesn't Twit watch her own show where both her parents have frequently commented on her neediness?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit's visit to the gym today led her to muse, saying: "I've spent a lot of time feeling guilty that I think I'm unable to do much of anything JUST for myself. It makes me a great employee -- if I'm working for someone else, I'm a total perfectionist."

Translation (I speak fluent Twitnamese):  "When I go to Starbucks just for myself, I am unable to get out of my car and walk inside for my calorie-laden drink and massive cookies, so I use the drive-through.  But when I had a fake job as an intern at a radio station, I totally perfectly waddled walked all the way across the street to get coffee for the people who pretended I worked for them."

You're welcome.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Translation (I speak fluent Twitnamese):  "When I go to Starbucks just for myself, I am unable to get out of my car and walk inside for my calorie-laden drink and massive cookies, so I use the drive-through.  But when I had a fake job as an intern at a radio station, I totally perfectly waddled walked all the way across the street to get coffee for the people who pretended I worked for them."

You're welcome.

Twitnamese? Whitipotomus? I'm sore from laughing.You folks are on a tear this week. ?

• Love 5

Those sprints she says she does are all of about 44 steps round trip, 22 from one side of the room to the other. Boy, that's a small gym. That's as many steps as I take from my tiny NYC apartment front door through the entryway and to the living room windows. Can you truly be said to "sprint" when you're just walking across a living room?

Edited to add: I slowed the video way down and counted.

Edited by tdanaher
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit's visit to the gym today led her to muse, saying: "I've spent a lot of time feeling guilty that I think I'm unable to do much of anything JUST for myself. It makes me a great employee -- if I'm working for someone else, I'm a total perfectionist.""

How lacking in self-awareness is this woman any how? She does nothing for herself? Good grief, everything she does is in service to herself. Furthermore, all her friends are expected to bend to her desires or they are no longer friends. (Mattie? And where's Donna now?) Doesn't Twit watch her own show where both her parents have frequently commented on her neediness?

I had to reread her comment. I thought she had an epiphany and realized that she couldn't do anything for herself (lotion, shoes, chub rub, wipe her ass.....). I had hopes that it might lead to diet/exercise responsibility. 

Then I read the second sentence, which made me reread the first sentence. 

Sigh. 

2 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Those sprints she says she does are all of about 44 steps round trip, 22 from one side of the room to the other. Boy, that's a small gym. That's as many steps as I take from my tiny NYC apartment front door through the entryway and to the living room windows. Can you truly be said to "sprint" when you're just walking across a living room?

Edited to add: I slowed the video way down and counted.

That's smaller than the free weight room at my gym. It's 60 steps by 60 steps (and being taller than Twit, I take longer strides.) 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Dot said:

*Disclaimer: I am not saying anyone here should go do this. Please don't.* However, I wish it were possible to reply to her with a list of things she's been unable to do for herself "Oh, like that time, you couldn't put lotion on your own chub rub, or that time you couldn't get out of the bathtub on your own, or that time you admitted you couldn't tie your own shoe, or that time you couldn't do a simple walk without throwing a fit, or that time you admitted you can't shave your own legs, etc." and then follow it up with. "Yeah, you were a great employee with the radio station when you messed up that Pride day coverage and that call with Hillary Clinton, and with the Grasshoppers because you couldn't do the job due to your size and stamina." But I know that the second someone were to question her, the defensive horde would attack. But I do wish somehow it could penetrate her head that she's not as independent as she seems to think.

• Love 7