Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Neither do they post selfies on Instagram which are Photoshopped to the point where they are unrecognisable from their real selves (real feminists don't agree with dramatic Photoshopping as it creates and perpetuates fake and unrealistic beauty standards).

Like this? 

Looking at the hair, makeup & tiny necklace, I think this photo & the "fierce feminist" one both come from the same photo shoot that produced 3 others. Twit has been doling them out, one or 2 every week or so, since Apr 25. How long before she finally runs out & has to return to reality?
  • Love 5

AH HAH HAH HAH, good one, Whit, let's see if this trend continues, oh wait, it won't because No Body Shame means Body Shame so we'll all keep seeing those overhead angles and be kept FAR away from this rare appearance of the Big Chins.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

AH HAH HAH HAH, good one, Whit, let's see if this trend continues, oh wait, it won't because No Body Shame means Body Shame so we'll all keep seeing those overhead angles and be kept FAR away from this rare appearance of the Big Chins.

Well, if ya didn't pick yer nose on the right side, they'd be the same shape and size.....

• Love 5

You know how we always say that Twit reads our comments? Well, we were just commenting on a picture that she had on her IG with a filter that had doggie ears and nose. We all were saying that she looked like a pig and not a dog.  Low and behold the picture was taken down! So all I have to say is HI TWIT!!!

• Love 13

We all were saying that she looked like a pig and not a dog.  Low and behold the picture was taken down!

She thinks that everything she does is just so cuuuuuute. Her minions aren't the ones to speak truth so she needs us to provide a reality check. Did anyone make a screen grab of the face she made when spewing word salad while shilling for the cruise?

One thing that cracks me up is that she tells her acolytes to "sign up" never mind that it is big bucks to actually book the cruise which, incidentally, will pay for her as well as  assorted barnacles..

• Love 9
23 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

People are saying ‘your face is so thin’ because you sliced 1/2 of it off with photoshop and they are too nice to point it out or too trusting to believe you’d do that. 

THIS!!! Jesus! Were the photoshopped pics, like, A TRAP for her fans? God, she is such a miserable cow. I can’t even imagine making my SM pics more attractive then getting mad at people who are complimentary about it! It isn’t your weight, you awful hag; THIS is why we hate you. Gah! 

• Love 13

So, everyone has those moments when they're lying in bed and think back to that awkward thing they did like a lifetime ago, right? Those unbearable moments where we messed up or did something embarrassing? I keep thinking back to Whit's ski failure and I find myself thinking, "That footage is never going away," and I wonder if it keeps her up at night. It's not one of her more catty or obnoxious moments but you would have thought that it would have been like a wake-up call or something for her, you know?

Crying while begging someone to help you up because you can't move isn't or at least, doesn't qualify as a fabulous life for me.

I would have thought that after that ski fiasco, she would have gotten serious about losing some weight. It wouldn't have to be a lot but enough that if you fall, you can pick yourself back up. I saw the recap about the season where Whit explains herself away but it felt and seemed stilted to me. I wonder what she really thinks about that moment.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChessDiva19 said:

So, everyone has those moments when they're lying in bed and think back to that awkward thing they did like a lifetime ago, right? Those unbearable moments where we messed up or did something embarrassing? I keep thinking back to Whit's ski failure and I find myself thinking, "That footage is never going away," and I wonder if it keeps her up at night. It's not one of her more catty or obnoxious moments but you would have thought that it would have been like a wake-up call or something for her, you know?

Crying while begging someone to help you up because you can't move isn't or at least, doesn't qualify as a fabulous life for me.

I would have thought that after that ski fiasco, she would have gotten serious about losing some weight. It wouldn't have to be a lot but enough that if you fall, you can pick yourself back up. I saw the recap about the season where Whit explains herself away but it felt and seemed stilted to me. I wonder what she really thinks about that moment.

In all candor, I can not think of anything more humiliating than Twit doing the splits due to her obesity and having it filmed on national TV.  Yet she continues to amaze me when she topped this event with the "chub rub" episode.  The only thing that could top these would be having the cow filmed trying to wipe her arse.

image.png.7d41d6ab58990c85037f2b0e428059e0.png

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Snafu said:

In all candor, I can not think of anything more humiliating than Twit doing the splits due to her obesity and having it filmed on national TV.  Yet she continues to amaze me when she topped this event with the "chub rub" episode.  The only thing that could top these would be having the cow filmed trying to wipe her arse.

image.png.7d41d6ab58990c85037f2b0e428059e0.png

She's got to have a limit. There's only so much humiliation that a single person can take. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ChessDiva19 said:

She's got to have a limit. There's only so much humiliation that a single person can take. 

The thing is she humiliates herself.  It's not other people doing it, although TLC would like to convince us otherwise by having an occasional "stranger" make a rude remark now and then.

Really though is the scene on skis any worse than the scene in the hot tub where Whit gets in and sits on Lenny and half the water spills out?  The  8k? Having parking lot time with a gallon of ice cream?  It's like the whole show is designed to make fun of her and she's trying to pretend she's in on it and it's all one big laugh.

• Love 17

The lotion scene, as far as I'm concerned, was done by Whit to humilate her friend. She's disgusting. She called him up with the express purpose of going where no one should go. I hope he got therapy for it. 

• Love 18

All the pretty made-up face pictures are never going to change Twit's morbidly obese body (finding appropriate clothing),  or the disabilities of pain, and the inabilities to do many activities like skiing, hiking, or surfing. 

Post all the pictures you want Twit,  we know what you look like below the neck.  And how un-fabulous your life is.  

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/26/2018 at 12:55 PM, SevenCostanza said:

Whit gets in and sits on Lenny and half the water spills out?

Yep with those disgusting fat legs, nasty feet and gross cankles popping out of the water! Blech!!! ???

4011AFA4-3A19-4755-9C20-5C88B2D6C1D0.jpeg

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 5
On 5/26/2018 at 3:26 AM, ChessDiva19 said:

That's something I don't understand about Whitney- experiencing moments that for most people, would be a terrifying wake-up call to take action to save herself, or at least try. I wonder if it's ever occurred to Whitney what might happen if one day she fell over when she was on her own and there was nobody around to help her up, and she couldn't reach her phone to call for help?

I have heard many stories of people who have successfully lost weight (either with their own pure willpower and determination, or with the help of therapy and/ or weight loss surgery) after experiencing mortifying moments, such as getting stuck on a fairground ride or breaking a chair. But with Whitney, it's as if her survival instinct is dulled somehow. I don't know if that's because her food addiction is so strong or perhaps being on Prozac (if she is on a very high dose) gives her a false sense of "happiness" while dulling experiences that could be a potential wake-up call. 

I'm not saying anti-depressants are bad- sometimes they can literally help save a person's life if that person was having suicidal thoughts and deep depression, and being on anti-depressants helped them to drag themselves out of bed in the morning and go to see a therapist. But in some cases I think those medications can actually hinder a person's recovery and they are not suitable for everyone. I've seen many people, including my own sister, get hooked on them and then become avoidant of facing their actual problems. It's very sad. And I know many people don't have much choice because they can't afford to have therapy and drugs are cheaper.

BUT, I wish Whitney would realise that she is in a privileged position and she could access life-changing help more easily than most people if she really wanted to change! With the money she makes, she could easily afford to go to the best therapists in America!

Of course, if she got mentally and physically healthier, she wouldn't have her TV show any more, but isn't happiness- true, genuine happiness, not chemically induced Prozac happiness or the temporary buzz of attention seeking- more important than being on TV or being famous?

Maybe having Histrionic Personality Disorder prevents a person from realising that?

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ZumbaTiger said:

That's something I don't understand about Whitney- experiencing moments that for most people, would be a terrifying wake-up call to take action to save herself, or at least try. I wonder if it's ever occurred to Whitney what might happen if one day she fell over when she was on her own and there was nobody around to help her up, and she couldn't reach her phone to call for help?

I have heard many stories of people who have successfully lost weight (either with their own pure willpower and determination, or with the help of therapy and/ or weight loss surgery) after experiencing mortifying moments, such as getting stuck on a fairground ride or breaking a chair. But with Whitney, it's as if her survival instinct is dulled somehow. I don't know if that's because her food addiction is so strong or perhaps being on Prozac (if she is on a very high dose) gives her a false sense of "happiness" while dulling experiences that could be a potential wake-up call. 

I'm not saying anti-depressants are bad- sometimes they can literally help save a person's life if that person was having suicidal thoughts and deep depression, and being on anti-depressants helped them to drag themselves out of bed in the morning and go to see a therapist. But in some cases I think those medications can actually hinder a person's recovery and they are not suitable for everyone. I've seen many people, including my own sister, get hooked on them and then become avoidant of facing their actual problems. It's very sad. And I know many people don't have much choice because they can't afford to have therapy and drugs are cheaper.

BUT, I wish Whitney would realise that she is in a privileged position and she could access life-changing help more easily than most people if she really wanted to change! With the money she makes, she could easily afford to go to the best therapists in America!

Of course, if she got mentally and physically healthier, she wouldn't have her TV show any more, but isn't happiness- true, genuine happiness, not chemically induced Prozac happiness or the temporary buzz of attention seeking- more important than being on TV or being famous?

Maybe having Histrionic Personality Disorder prevents a person from realising that?

I think she just doesn't care.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

I think she just doesn't care.

On the contrary, I believe that she cares very much so. Why else would she warp her face until it was unrecognizable or attack anyone who dares to offer the slightest bit of critique? She's on the defense. She's ALWAYS out to prove to everyone that her life is, in fact, fabulous, that she's living life to the fullest, that she's healthy, that she's in some strange way, a person to be idealized for speaking out against her haters both real and imaginary.  Now, as to whether or not Whit suffers from a psychological disorder or trauma, it's difficult to say. We do know for a fact, as both her mother, her father, and even Whit herself have all said that she was never said no to when growing up. So, right off the bat, we have the development of an unhealthy ego. To push the matter even farther, Whit seems to have zero concept of boundaries. We saw the way she grabs anyone she deems attractive and how she harassed Lenny when he didn't answer her phone calls. And I need mention how Todd (?) was forced to apply lotion to her, for lack of a better word, crevasse?

Some of these instances may be excused for higher ratings but we've seen Whit and have heard testimonials from her friends that Whit has a history of making everything about her. Even when Ashley's (?) baby was due, Ashley (Sorry, guys the barnacles warp to together after a while.) expressed the fear that Whit would make it about her. Her behavior is nothing new to her friends and everything she does to push the spotlight back on her suggests that her actions are par for the course when you know her. 

But to raise the possibility that Whit suffers from Histrionic Personality Disorder is a complicated matter and I say this as someone who not only studies psychology but holds a degree in it. To give a quick rundown, there are three clusters of Histrionic Personality Disorder: A, B, and C. Each cluster carries their own sub-cluster and highlights the different aspect of how someone may, antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, etc. to name a few. Today, we'll be looking into the Narassicitic sub-cluster. For verbatim from the DSM-5, "Typical features of narcissistic personality disorder are variable and vulnerable self-esteem, with attempts at regulation through attention and approval seeking, and either overt or covert grandiosity."

On its face, this description could fit a number of people. After all, who hasn't sought attention and approval through acts both big and small? Everyone's got an ego and egos must be fed sooner or later. But with people who suffer from Narassicitic Disorder, whom may I add almost never see or receive help from a trained and licensed psychologist due to the tricky nature of diagnosing it, have it in two ways; A: The Level of Functioning Personality and B: Pathological Personality Traits. With moderate or greater impairment in two or more sections in level A, Identity, Self-Direction, Empathy, and Intimacy, the sufferer may have emotional regulation in the extremes, set goals based on approval of others/set personal standards as too high or low based on a sense of entitlement, have an impaired ability to recognize and identify with feelings and needs of others, and have relationships that are largely superficial and exist to serve self-esteem regulation.       

We have seen Whit go from happy to sad like a pendulum swing, her goals are generally abstract (With this I meant that she changes her desires so damn quickly that I've given up on keeping track much with her barnacles), her ability to realize that other people have problems like Ashley with her baby and that New York trip where one of them stormed off for feeling hurt, and finally jumping from relationship to relationship to prove that she is wanted sexually and is found desirable by both men and woman.

However, this is all speculation and I leave to you dear reader to make of it what you will, for everything that I see from Whit's show and social media is focused on HER. Where, of course, her exploits will be exploited for her fans, show, and store. Furthermore, I can't be certain without running extensive personality tests and having multiple one-on-one therapy sessions. The camera has a funny way of making people act like an ass. If Whit doesn't have a personality disorder then what we see before us is an otherwise normal person who's never been given a timeout before act outrageously. If she does then well...I don't know what to say. There's no cure, no magic pill for it. Medication may help with the mood swings or depression that is often felt but it's a personality disorder. 

Sorry for the long post everyone! Psychology is my thing and I love to analyze it. 

• Love 13

Thank you, @ChessDiva19, for your analysis. One Q: can the guidance of a therapist help a person with a personality disorder ameliorate her situation even if not cure it?

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Dot said:

Thank you, @ChessDiva19, for your analysis. One Q: can the guidance of a therapist help a person with a personality disorder ameliorate her situation even if not cure it?

First, may I say excellent question and second, hello Dot! I love your posts on Whit. They're always great. 

Under the guidance of the right therapist, a personality disorder can be managed. Emotions can be brought under control, thought patterns can be altered, and behavior which at one time were harmful can be changed to socially accepted or even positive ones but I don't dare say the word cured when it comes to personality disorders. Granted, that there is some dissension in psychological fields as to whether personality disorders can be cured or not but I am in the camp that they can not. Please note that many of the disagreements come from which style of therapy that one practices or follows. For example, those who follow Skinner's path often say yes, anyone who follows Freud says no (but many of Freud's studies have been rendered useless and there are hardly any hardcore followers that practice only Freudian style and that many psychologists blend styles and approaches in order to best help those who need it). But as a someone who is in the Humanist camp and prefers the works Gestalt, I'm going to say no. 

As corny as it sounds, change has to come from within. A psychologist, or psychiatrist in Whit's case if her therapist is prescribing medication, may give her all the tools she needs to change herself but if she doesn't use them then it's useless. See, when it comes to disorders like this, people never really "get over" it, they just get better coping mechanisms and learn to think in a different way. Besides, a true and honest personality change is rare. Everyone's personality starts from the second that they are introduced to the world (I do recognize that the development in the womb can affect the child's personality a la drug or alcohol abuse but for the sake of brevity I'm skimming over that). From what they see and experience, they incorporate and use and that becomes who they are. We're not talking about changing someone's mind on how they act on a specific matter or circumstance but how they act as a whole! It is essentially undoing who that person truly is and that's a tall order and not one that I would imagine would even stick.

• Love 6

@ChessDiva19 Thank you for sharing your insights! It's really great to hear the opinion of somebody qualified in the field of psychology. I find the subject highly interesting and fascinating myself, have had a lot of experience on the receiving end of different types of therapies over the years (Gestalt, CBT and most recently hypnotherapy) and have read many books about psychology, but am not qualified in that field. So it was wonderful to read your opinions about Whitney! Thank you!

When I read your reply to my last post, I suddenly remembered the story of Tania Head aka Alicia Esteve Head, a Spanish woman who pretended to be a survivor of 9/11 and that she lost her husband who worked in the other tower -she claimed to have been the widow of a man called Dave who had actually died, but in reality she had never met the man. In fact she was in Spain at the time of the attacks! But she was such a convincing liar she managed to become the president of a group set up for 9/11 survivors and fool a psychiatrist she had PTSD. When her story was eventually found to be fake, she showed no remorse. So afterwards, everyone was speculating her motives for doing it, and most people believe that she did it for attention and fame, to feel like a hero, because to her having suffered a (fake) trauma made her feel special (of course, to a genuine survivor of terrorism or any other trauma, and speaking as someone who's had PTSD myself, you do NOT feel like that and you wish it had never happened to you). It was revealed that just like Whitney, Tania was extremely spoiled as a child- her family was very wealthy- but she was teased for being morbidly obese, and used telling elaborate lies as a way to feel better about herself. Most of her lies, incidentally, featured fictional boyfriends or husbands!

Anyway, I'm not saying that what Whitney is doing is anywhere as bad as exploiting a tragedy the way Tania Head did, but I'm bringing up her story because I think she was an attention seeker in a similar way to Whitney- I think her motivations may have been be similar. In her "fat athlete" Instagram post, and many other times, Whitney likes to portray herself as a victim, when in reality (apart from possibly having had real eating disorders) I highly doubt she has experienced anything close to a real traumatic experience. Yet she talks as if she sees herself as a brave survivor. That's something that has always disgusted me about her. An obese person can always lose the weight, even if it's difficult, but people who have suffered burns, amputations or severe mental trauma go through battles Whitney can't imagine, and she should be ashamed for acting as if her "struggles" are on the same level.

In reply to a great point you made in your following post, I agree that a person has to WANT to change and be willing to do the work themselves even when provided with all the tools to do so and the best therapist available. And I think part of that willingness has to come from a self-awareness and honesty with oneself. I don't think it's corny- that's just how it is!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ZumbaTiger said:

In reply to a great point you made in your following post, I agree that a person has to WANT to change and be willing to do the work themselves even when provided with all the tools to do so and the best therapist available. And I think part of that willingness has to come from a self-awareness and honesty with oneself. I don't think it's corny- that's just how it is!

Having nothing to do with Whitney, I just wanted to thank you and @ChessDiva19 for your insights.  I'm dealing with someone right now who is beyond difficult, and this points the finger right at what is making the situation even worse . . . a lack of willingness to be self-aware and honest with himself.

Seeing objective comments like this that are right on target are sometimes the little boost I need to move forward in my OWN resolve to step up and protect myself from continuing emotional and verbal abuse.

Bless you both . . . now back to Twitney!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ZumbaTiger said:

I completely agree. And often the desire to change and the self-awarness needed to change comes from these "rock bottom" situations that have been discussed. But this hasn't worked for Whitney and I think it's because of the show and social media. Whether she has a narcissistic personality or other officially diagnosable psychiatric condition or not, she really loves to be the center of attention. The more attention, the better. The show and social media are a gateway to huge amount of ego stroking. The TV show has in essence made her the center piece of the lives of her family and friends. In addition she perceives through the continuation of the show and social media that she is adored by 10s of thousands. And she gets to go on talk shows where they talk about how brave and wonderful she is. If she loses weight she's just an unemployed, self-centered brat. So all the "rock bottom" in the world isn't going to spur that willingness and self-awareness because she is getting the attention she wants now. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Wikipedia offers a mnemonic for the characteristics of HPD.

"A mnemonic that can be used to remember the characteristics of histrionic personality disorder is shortened as 'PRAISE ME':

Provocative (or seductive) behavior

Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are

Attention-seeking

Influenced easily by others or circumstances

Speech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail

Emotional lability; shallowness

Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self

Exaggerated emotions; theatrical"

A pretty clear picture of Twit. Given that changing ALL of these characteristics would be impossible, let's give her the narcissistic & performance characteristics -- she's a theater major who considers herself an actress, after all.

That, for me, leaves the inappropriate sexual behavior, which has actually included sexual assault. (Ref: that post-production film in HI she posted on SM showing her stroking a Polynesian man from chest to waist.) With that behavior, I include her desperate need for coupling which leads her to thinking a man is more interested in her than he is. (Buddy, Lennie, Avi, Roy ...)

So, to modify my Q to @ChessDiva19: Can a qualified therapist help Twit overcome this ONE HPD characteristic? Can she be made to understand that nibbling Tal's tit, forcing him to straddle & kiss her, posing in the nude with him is not appropriate?  Can she be made to understand that grabbbing Heather's breast & lolling all over Donna or Alison is not apprpriate? Can she be made to understand that it is inappropriate to turn every comment into a sexual double entendre? I think if a therapist could get that thru Twit's head, it would go a long way towards making her a more tolerable individual.

BTW, I don't think Twit's current therapist does much more than collect her fee for letting Twit bemoan her life for 50 minutes.

Edited by Dot
forgot something
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 4:41 PM, Dot said:

which leads her to thinking a man is more interested in her than he is. (Buddy, Lennie, Avi, Roy ...)

Exactly @Dot! To add to that, Roy came out as gay on the radio show in January! Roy is such a sweetheart, as he came out on the air to help a caller that was conflicted about coming out to his Dad.  Roy didn’t want him to feel alone so he shared his own experience as Roy just recently came out to his Dad! Roy was just being nice to Twit and she is so delusional that she turned into this big thing and that he desperately wanted her.  I hope she feels like the fat pushy pathetic asshole that she is.  She tried to make Roy look terrible for “leading her on” and her weirdo fans were sending Roy hateful messages all because of her! Sorry to go off but you’re 100% right @Dot! I always thought she has histrionic personality disorder and I also think borderline personality disorder as well as she has many of those characteristics! 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, ZumbaTiger said:

apart from possibly having had real eating disorders) I highly doubt she has experienced anyth

Thank you so much @ZumbaTiger for putting the word “possibly” in there! I have always thought that she was lying about this! There was a girl that I went to college with that did that.  We had class together and no one really spoke to her. She happened to be obese.  She told me one day that she was bulimic and I felt so sorry for her but I was also surprised because she was large like that Tania Head lady and Twit. Usually, you’re not obese when you’re Bulimic.  Before I figured out she was nuts, I felt bad for her.  I invited her to hang out.  Well, it ended up that she lied about being bulimic to get attention, sympathy and to actually join support groups on campus. I figured out that she lying about being Bulimic because she would retell stories (for attention, like Twit) and say to random people in class that she was out to eat and she would run to the bathroom right after she ate to throw her food up.  Which was absolutely untrue and she would say “ask Kaia...I do that all the time after I eat, right Kaia.”  She would say she goes to the campus support group and she’s going to beat Bulimia!I Omg, it was crazy!  I became Inspector Gadget after that!  We hung out like 2 more times with one of my other friends. I would notice if she went to the bathroom that she would make vomiting noises and then come out with her make up and lipstick completely untouched. I was a pre-law and justice studies major so I’m a bit of a detective by nature! lol. Anyway, I distanced myself from her because I didn’t want to be associated with such a liar and honestly it creeped me out. But not before telling her that she needed help but not for “Bulimia.” I wasn’t mean when I said it because she obviously had severe mental issues. She knew exactly what I meant when I said that.   If you’re truly suffering from an eating disorder, you don’t have to try to convince people and it’s something that’s very private. To me, the minute Twit tells her “Bulimia” stories it reminds me so much of that girl. Especially a month or so ago, Twit,  put up a picture of her becoming “prom princess“ and then said something like 30 minutes after she took that photo she threw up her food at fancy restaurant.  I got chills when I read it because that was exactly something that girl would say! Like there was no reason to put up a picture like that and to go into detail about throwing up dinner and mentioning that it was fancy restaurant! That is part of histrionic personality disorder. Elaborating or lying about facts that have no bearing on the conversation.  We’ve all seen Twit lie so much on the show. It’s ridiculous! You hit the nail on the head @ZumbaTiger with what you said about Twit “Yet she talks as if she sees herself as a brave survivor. That's something that has always disgusted me about her.” 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 6

@AZChristian: So sorry you've had to put up with an abusive person in your life, but I'm glad to hear my words gave you another perspective. When you are involved with people like that (ideally it's best to completely cut such people out of your life, but that's not always possible if it's a family member for instance) it's really important to stay objective and grounded and realise their issues are their issues and no matter how much you wish/hope they'd wake up and change, ultimately they won't change unless they want to.

@Kaia40 Great points!! I wrote "possibly" because unfortunately it isn't uncommon for some obese people to falsely claim to have EDs. I remember one of Dr.Now's patients claiming, with a straight face, that she was bulimic!! But I can't rule out that Whitney may have had an ED at some stage because, on the other hand, it's quite common for some people to go from one extreme dysfunctional relationship with food to another. Sometimes an obese person starts to diet in an unhealthy way (starvation instead of a healthy balanced diet) and ends up anorexic because their body image is distorted and they don't realise they have gone too far, and in their head they still believe they are fat. And other times, people who have been anorexic for years balloon in weight when they start eating again because their body has gone into a desperate survival mode. Their metabolism has been messed up from years of starving and also, some former anorexics develop Binge Eating Disorder because once they allow themselves to eat again, they find they can't stop. The way Whitney talks, it's as if she doesn't realise there is a healthy middle ground between being morbidly obese and starving yourself, which COULD be a sign of her having ED-like thinking, BUT on the other hand, as you say, the vast majority of people with genuine EDs are very secretive about their illness and don't like to bring other people's attention to it.

Either way, anybody who falsely claims to have an ED for attention is a disgusting person, because they make a mockery of the genuine suffering ED patients go through.

About your suggestion of Whitney maybe having Borderline Personality Disorder, I don't think so. 21-18 years ago (it is me in my avatar photo, but I'm a older than I look) I was in a 3 year abusive relationship with a guy who did have it. He seemed charming at first but revealed himself to be a full-on nutcase: going from loving to hating me in a matter of seconds, violent rages, paranoid outbursts at men who he imagined were looking at me, threatening to commit suicide if I left him, heavy drinking and abusing drugs, out of control of himself but extremely controlling of me, even locking me in his flat overnight on one occasion. And I have a feeling that if Whitney did have BPD I would have spotted it because obviously I am quick to notice such traits in people now! HOWEVER, now you mention it, I can see a few "mild" BPD type TRAITS in Whitney, such as using emotional blackmail to control and manipulate people, obsessive behaviour in relationships, and covering the peephole when she knocked at Lenny's house. So, if personality disorders are on a spectrum and my ex was at the extreme end then could Whitney have a milder case of BPD?

Either way, BPD or not, those traits are disturbing and unhealthy.

• Love 5

Somewhere in her SM she referred to moving to Korea with her former fiancé. I wonder if was the same situation as with Buddy, Avi and Roy in which she conflates a casual relationship as being more serious than it actually was?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Somewhere in her SM she referred to moving to Korea with her former fiancé. I wonder if was the same situation as with Buddy, Avi and Roy in which she conflates a casual relationship as being more serious than it actually was?

Seatmate on the flight back to US? Maybe they exchanged contact information.

• Love 13

The thing that has always bugged me is that Prom Queen photo on Instagram. 

She said there was a negative reaction to her being Prom Queen (people booing) but she was voted Prom Queen in the first place. She was popular enough to be made Prom Queen, enough people liked her to make that happen. I was picked on at school, to the point of not being able to even go to my Prom as I was afraid of what might happen, after being thrown to the floor and hit a few months earlier yet Whitney, poor hated bullying victim Whitney, was popular enough to be made Prom Queen, so I doubt, I REALLY doubt she was actually hated as much as she claims. She was voted, VOTED, to be the Queen of her peers, yet the caption on that photo makes her the victim once again. I really don't understand it at all. 

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, Littlez said:

She said there was a negative reaction to her being Prom Queen (people booing) but she was voted Prom Queen in the first place. She was popular enough to be made Prom Queen, enough people liked her to make that happen.

Maybe the popular kids lost the pig's blood?

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Littlez said:

The thing that has always bugged me is that Prom Queen photo on Instagram. 

She said there was a negative reaction to her being Prom Queen (people booing) but she was voted Prom Queen in the first place. She was popular enough to be made Prom Queen, enough people liked her to make that happen. I was picked on at school, to the point of not being able to even go to my Prom as I was afraid of what might happen, after being thrown to the floor and hit a few months earlier yet Whitney, poor hated bullying victim Whitney, was popular enough to be made Prom Queen, so I doubt, I REALLY doubt she was actually hated as much as she claims. She was voted, VOTED, to be the Queen of her peers, yet the caption on that photo makes her the victim once again. I really don't understand it at all. 

Great observation! But, if she WAS telling the truth about being booed... could it possibly have been because WHITNEY was a bully herself? You know how often a bully is surrounded by a clique and very popular even though they have a rotten personality, and people are scared of pissing them off? But at the same time some other people (who might have been in a rival clique or had enough friends to be protected/feel safe) may still express their distaste for the bully openly. I'm just throwing out a wild guess there!

You have my sympathy for being bullied, by the way. Bullies are disgusting, weak people.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

It would be fascinating to hear from this person. I have to wonder if he knew she was following him to Korea or if she just showed up there

• Love 6
(edited)

I never went to a prom either & have only a vague sense of what goes on, mostly from movies.

But Twit was a prom princess, not prom queen. Wouldn't that be like homecoming courts, where a group of young women have been selected to be in contention for queen & if not the winner, are considered members of the queen's court? (At my university the women were chosen by their sororities, not by a campus-wide, popularity vote.)

If so, maybe Twit wasn't all that popular. I guess it would depend on how girls in her h.s. were selected to run for queen.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Dot said:

I never went to a prom either & have only a vague sense of what goes on, mostly from movies.

But Twit was a prom princess, not prom queen. Wouldn't that be like homecoming courts, where a group of young women have been selected to be in contention for queen & if not the winner, are considered members of the queen's court? (At my university the women were chosen by their sororities, not by a campus-wide, popularit vote.)

If so, maybe Twit wasn't all that popular. I guess it would depend on how girls in her h.s. were selected to run for queen.

I too am unfamiliar with American prom culture as I grew up in the UK before they adopted the custom over here in the 2000s. I didn't realise there was a distinction between a prom queen and a prom princess, but it may be a very important distinction if it exposes yet another exaggeration or lie Whitney has told! If she was really one of many 'runner up' princesses then she was not the centre of attention that night, but of course she'd want to give her social media followers the impression that she was!

Come to think of it, it would be FANTASTIC if some of the people who went to high school with Whitney joined this forum! I'd love to hear their interpretation of events!

And @3girlsforus after watching Whitney's delusional, obsessive, possessive man-stalking antics on her show, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she stalked a man across the Pacific Ocean!!

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ZumbaTiger said:

Come to think of it, it would be FANTASTIC if some of the people who went to high school with Whitney joined this forum! I'd love to hear their interpretation of events!

I, too, would love that! One of the very best threads in this forum was started by a guy who had been a member of the audience when Twit gave a speech at ASU. He gave us all the jnfo about what really goes on at a taping of MBFFL. That's the kind of REAL reality I like.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 3:41 PM, Dot said:

Wikipedia offers a mnemonic for the characteristics of HPD.

"A mnemonic that can be used to remember the characteristics of histrionic personality disorder is shortened as 'PRAISE ME':

Provocative (or seductive) behavior

Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are

Attention-seeking

Influenced easily by others or circumstances

Speech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail

Emotional lability; shallowness

Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self

Exaggerated emotions; theatrical"

A pretty clear picture of Twit. Given that changing ALL of these characteristics would be impossible, let's give her the narcissistic & performance characteristics -- she's a theater major who considers herself an actress, after all.

That, for me, leaves the inappropriate sexual behavior, which has actually included sexual assault. (Ref: that post-production film in HI she posted on SM showing her stroking a Polynesian man from chest to waist.) With that behavior, I include her desperate need for coupling which leads her to thinking a man is more interested in her than he is. (Buddy, Lennie, Avi, Roy ...)

So, to modify my Q to @ChessDiva19: Can a qualified therapist help Twit overcome this ONE HPD characteristic? Can she be made to understand that nibbling Tal's tit, forcing him to straddle & kiss her, posing in the nude with him is not appropriate?  Can she be made to understand that grabbbing Heather's breast & lolling all over Donna or Alison is not apprpriate? Can she be made to understand that it is inappropriate to turn every comment into a sexual double entendre? I think if a therapist could get that thru Twit's head, it would go a long way towards making her a more tolerable individual.

BTW, I don't think Twit's current therapist does much more than collect her fee for letting Twit bemoan her life for 50 minutes.

This is a great question and I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to answer it.  

I feel that I should remind everyone on this forum that diagnosing HPD is extremely difficult due to the following facts: 1. People who have this disorder rarely go in for help and 2. Symptoms are rarely as clear-cut as Dot has so wonderfully stated. It may take months before a comprehensive diagnosis can be provided and that's with a trained and capable psychologist.

We know that Whit has/currently is seeing someone but for what, I don't know. It could be for a variety of things but let's say on the basis of speculation, it's for depression. Whit wouldn't choose a psychologist that handles personality disorders but focuses on depression. So, they might miss some of the red flags but it's not their fault. For example, jumping into shallow relationships could be for a boost in self-esteem as can a grandiose appearance or seductive behavior. That's what the psychologist may see depending on their training and resources (Seriously, you guys wouldn't believe what some tests cost. These things can get expensive!). However, I need to say this, it's not the psychologists' fault and I think this saying works well, "If you hear hoofbeats, you'll think of horses, not zebras". You would choose someone who would help you with the problem that you are facing, not one whose field has nothing to do with what you're going through. A person who suffers from addiction isn't likely to seek help from a child psychologist. Choosing a psychologist or any healthcare professional should never be done in haste and I say this as someone who knows the horrors of the mental health system. People can get hurt and lives can be ruined.

So let's say that Whit's current psychologist is helping her work through her problems. It takes so much time to build up the necessary level of trust for someone to freely speak their true feelings. Usually, when someone meets a mental health professional, they're scared and shy. On the first meeting, it's an explanation of what the psychologist can and can't do, everyone's expectation from therapy, rules that are set up, and general questions that the patient might have. From there, future meetings will be focused on what the patient wants to discuss. It's the psychologist's job to help track progress, introduce new tools, and to steer the conversation and to keep it on track. It doesn't surprise me that Whit's been seeing a psychologist on the regular if she's been suffering from depression since adolescence but if she's been seeing the same one? That's not right. Granted, that all mental health professionals want to help patients, if after this many years the patient is still coming to you on regular weekly visits then something is wrong. Patients need to be able to work without the help of their psychologist. We give them the tools they need and they need to be able to live their lives without having to keep coming back for support. It sounds cruel I know but it's true. Now, if by some impossible chance that Whit is seeing someone for HPD. Learning to set up healthy boundaries is going to be a massive undertaking and it would take years. People who have this disorder don't know what boundaries are and if it's bad enough, they might hit on the psychologist, regardless of their sexual orientation which raises a host of problems on their own. How can you set healthy boundaries if you don't respect the boundaries of the therapy session? See, with people who have HPD, being blunt about their sex life (both real and imaginary) is a way to get attention.

Most of us, I imagine, talk about their sex life with their partner, their doctor, maybe their close friends but with Whit, it's a way to shock and awe. It's one of the ways that she stands out. But no one is shocked by women kissing, someone going on a "date" with their "cousin", or considering adoption. We've got other things to be scandalized by. It would take one hell of a psychologist with a cool personality and a steel backbone to not be bullied or shocked by Whit. For the minute that the psychologist allows Whit's overbearing personality to take over the session, then it's over. You can't lose control of the session.

Sorry about the long post again! 

Edited by ChessDiva19
left something out.
  • Love 4

Thank you so much, @ChessDiva19, for the fulsome response to my Q. I've read it a couple of times & will probably do so a couple more times.

If I understand you correctly, treatment for her sexual inappropriateness is a paradox: the fact of receiving treatment is in  & of itself an excitement of that behavior.

• Love 2

RE: "Prom Princess"

I find it oddly fitting for her revisionist history that she never shares a photo of her as prom princess actually *at* the prom. She Instagrammed one of her in her dress, and I *think* I recall her show shared one of her holding some flowers and wearing like a sash and a pair of khakis or something otherwise business-casual. None of her anecdotes make much sense to me, but I guess people aren't really watching this show for its sensibility, lol.

• Love 7
(edited)

I've never heard of a Prom Princess, but if I had to guess, they nominate X number of girls, one is chosen Queen, and the rest are Princesses...? Unless, she was a Junior (meaning 11th grade) Princess, and the Queen was elected from the Senior (12th grade) class. Typically Juniors and Seniors have their prom together (Freshmen (9th grade) and Sophomores (10th grade) do not have a Prom).

ETA- I am American, this is how our Prom worked when I was in high school

Edited by Emma C
Nationality Clarification
  • Love 5
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I've never heard of a Prom Princess, but if I had to guess, they nominate X number of girls, one is chosen Queen, and the rest are Princesses...?

That's how I understand it -- like a so-called homecoming court in college. Which makes her constant reference to herself as prom princess rather meaningless & therefore pathetic. (Actually, it's pathetic that a 34-yr-old woman is still talking about being a prom princess in h.s.)

56 minutes ago, Emma C said:

4 hours ago, SenshusWoman said:

I find it oddly fitting for her revisionist history that she never shares a photo of her as prom princess actually *at* the prom.

Actually, there is another one. It's one of those typical photos you see where the couple are photographed, rather formally, together. Twit, being adorable even in h.s., kicks one of her legs up a la Hollywood pinup photos.

ETA: I found the photo by Googling for images of Whitney Way Thore, but being a proud SM Klutz I couldn't figure out how to D/L it here. Anyway, it's probably a pboto taken by Glenn in front of the Thore residence fireplace, so you're right about no photos at the prom.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Dot said:

Actually, there is another one. It's one of those typical photos you see where the couple are photographed, rather formally, together. Twit, being adorable even in h.s., kicks one of her legs up a la Hollywood pinup photos.

ETA: I found the photo by Googling for images of Whitney Way Thore, but being a proud SM Klutz I couldn't figure out how to D/L it here. Anyway, it's probably a pboto taken by Glenn in front of the Thore residence fireplace, so you're right about no photos at the prom.

Here ya go, Dot.  Please note:  I did NOT cut off the heads . . . that's how the picture showed up in Google images.

Capture.JPG

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Here ya go, Dot.  Please note:  I did NOT cut off the heads . . . that's how the picture showed up in Google images.

Capture.JPG

Thanks, @AZChristian, for posting the photo. (The one I saw in Google Images, however, didn't decapitate the couple. It was from an article in Life & Style mag.)

• Love 3

Oh dang, if that's her senior prom, then that's the same night she lost her virginity, right? According to this season just past, she found that receipt for condoms or something for prom night which also happened to be her 18th birthday...do you guys remember, or am I crazy? Either way, you're right, @Dot, LOL at a 34 year old woman braying about having been a high school prom princess. 

• Love 6

Plus: when I read the caption with her latest selfie, it makes me scratch my head. A path cleared and a purpose crystallized for her overnight; she seems to think she's a "voice" on a "platform" but what *I* see is that TLC saw prime fat fodder and fuckin' hit the jackpot with her. She thinks so much of herself that I doubt she's "in on the joke," as we often wonder.

Also, writing novel-length, wishy-washy captions like those underneath a picture of your filtered-to-hell visage is SO VERY 2002 Prom Princess of you, Whitney.

• Love 8

Slightly off topic... there's an article about a couple who made a weight loss resolution in 2016 and lost an astonishing amount of weight. Only reason I bring this up is the wife's starting weight was 485, and she looks SMALLER THAN SWEATNEY. 

Here's her picture before and after.

images.jpeg

• Love 9