Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: While the Kat's Away…

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

So far, there's been nothing on the show to suggest that Kathryn is anything other than a good and caring mother.

What we see and court documents. Most good and caring mothers don't lose custody of their children and have the court mandate that they have to have supervised visitation.

• Love 15
(edited)

That TamaraTattles article is some sad stuff. I realize many "fans" want to see Kathryn but I wish the producers had kept her off the show as they originally intended. I don't think her continuing reality TV "fame" is helping her or her kids.

For all the talk about Thomas' kids living in his guest house, I really don't see a problem. As long as he's around and they feel loved and secure, then I'm ok with it. And today he tweeted that he does sleep there with them and there's no night nanny. (Not sure I believe that, but it's better for them than living with a drug-addicted narcissist.)

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

We only see what we're shown. So far, there's been nothing on the show to suggest that Kathryn is anything other than a good and caring mother.  If she's ever abused or neglected her children, it's certainly never been portrayed on camera, and I don't even think Thomas has ever said she's anything other than a good mother.

I would suggest anyone who wants to find the truth, to read up online, search court documents, and don't go by what's on this show. It's fiction. It's a scripted show, they create fake situations to interest viewers and stimulate advertisers to buy airtime.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was going to post something, but there's really nothing to say. Tamara Tattles, the Daily Mail, and some of the posters here have it pretty well covered. The only thing I can add is that Kathryn's and Thomas' son looks like he suffered/suffers from mild Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. His face and head seem to bear some of the hallmarks to a small degree.

33E8454700000578-3577417-image-a-5_14625

He's got a long, relatively smooth philtrum, his nose looks short, and his eyes and bridge of his nose look "off". When you compare his philtrum to his sister's, there's a marked difference. He also seems to have a smaller head than she does (and not just because he's younger).

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 5

I'm really hoping Saint's appearance seems different because he looks like Thomas and Kensie looks like Kathryn, even though it sounds like there may be clinical reasons (I'm with you guys).  Judging by the episode we just saw, Thomas seems to have more of an inclination towards Kensie than her little brother.  Maybe he doesn't want to get those god awful white pants dirty.  I'm so over Thomas and his junk pants.  However I also don't see a problem with the children living in the guest house.  It's a beautiful house and they have competent caregivers in their nannies.  Ideal nuclear situation, no.  But it's the best one could hope for with Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis as their parentage.

• Love 2
On 4/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, pbutler111 said:

Her weed lecture was nothing but a really awkward way for her to insult Kathryn.  I fucking hate Patricia.

Come sit by me. Her and her creepy closeted oleaginous freakbot son are the most hatewatchable characters to have graced my reality screen. Old Patty is trying to flog her tacky pet print caftans to the world at the moment, so every scene we saw this episode was chock full of references to her moneymaker (the gross needlepoint of Chauncey the pug is the same image from her caftan prototypes). And that includes filming with Whitless. Whenever i want a belly laugh, I find the reviews of his documentary on Halston, even though the thought of Halston's memory being slimed and exploited by Whitney sets my teeth on edge. Further, her viciousness towards Kathryn is never far from the surface, and I think it has its origins in her rejection of Whitless' offer to be his beard in Season 1. Also, I think mother and son are permanently furious that Whitney's project (Southern Charm) was hijacked immediately by Kathryn. I wonder where the paid Austrian model got to from last season? I can't name a figure I'd need to have his wormlike cockatoo tongue anywhere near my face, but that was probably superfluous to the contract anyway. This is a 50 year old man who plays a Chanel guitar in a band he's named 'Renob' because it's 'Boner' backwards. And that loosens a montage in my brain of all the ferrety handgestures and tongue action Whitney unleashes whenever he has to communicate heterosexual sex. 

We've all learned in the last few days that Kathryn is in terrible shape and in some circles, TRav is being given a pass. I'd noticed the Foetal Alcohol Syndrome features in Saint and hoped against hope that I was wrong. No one wants to speculate about a child in this situation. But now it's out and Kathryn is fast losing support. Whitney and Patricia have a lot to answer for, as does TRav, for their part in Kathryn's downfall. It's unbearably tragic that the children will bear the brunt of her alcohol abuse and drug use for the rest of their lives. I've taught FAS kids, it's a spectrum and those at the serious end are unable to ever live independently. It's a horrible life sentence. For Kathryn, I really can't imagine the strength she will need to accept the living consequences of her actions during her pregnancy/ies. Aside from getting clean, she will have to humble herself and accept responsibility and knuckle down. It really looks to be a challenge that much older stronger and more stable humans would have difficulty with. Given all this, I fear for her life. At least TRav and family have the resources to provide the best therapy possible for the kids. And I bet Kathryn's family would also be offering their full support. I hope so. Those kids are going to need it and they are going to be difficult to care for and will have trouble in so many areas. It's just so tragic. 

Given the human toll we are now seeing, I wonder whether the show will be shut down. Thomas, Whitney, Patricia and Landon, in particular were and are vicious towards Kathryn. She's a sick woman and they goaded her, excluded her and exploited her. She was so young when this show began and she got pregnant the first time. The drugs, alcohol and partying had kicked in then and she is only 25 now. Addiction freezes emotional growth at the age the substance/s were taken up. So Kathryn is really not capable of managing her own affairs atm. Much as I was rooting for her and supported her, I no longer believe she should be taking part in this show. Previously, I felt that her participation at least ensured she was being paid and could support herself. I was hoping she could get clean and sober and parlay her role on SC into some kind of career. But she won't be in any shape to be trusted to do so in this state. What a terrible tragic mess. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

He's got a long, relatively smooth philtrum, his nose looks short, and his eyes and bridge of his nose look "off". When you compare his philtrum to his sister's, there's a marked difference. He also seems to have a smaller head than she does (and not just because he's younger).

The physical anomalies he's exhibiting put him further than the 'mild' end of the spectrum. His ears at least look regular but to have physical changes to this extent is extremely serious, there is a whole lot more going on in the brain that kicks in with a lot less alcohol during the pregnancy. Some are saying Kensie also appears to have physical hallmarks of the syndrome, but I never noticed it with her and still don't. That doesn't mean she is or isn't on the spectrum, only Kathryn will be able to answer that. It's just so unbearably tragic. I don't know if I could cope with the guilt, if I was Kathryn, and this makes me fear for her life.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, queenjen said:

We've all learned in the last few days that Kathryn is in terrible shape and in some circles, TRav is being given a pass. I'd noticed the Foetal Alcohol Syndrome features in Saint and hoped against hope that I was wrong. No one wants to speculate about a child in this situation. But now it's out and Kathryn is fast losing support. Whitney and Patricia have a lot to answer for, as does TRav, for their part in Kathryn's downfall. It's unbearably tragic that the children will bear the brunt of her alcohol abuse and drug use for the rest of their lives. I've taught FAS kids, it's a spectrum and those at the serious end are unable to ever live independently. It's a horrible life sentence. For Kathryn, I really can't imagine the strength she will need to accept the living consequences of her actions during her pregnancy/ies. Aside from getting clean, she will have to humble herself and accept responsibility and knuckle down. It really looks to be a challenge that much older stronger and more stable humans would have difficulty with. Given all this, I fear for her life. At least TRav and family have the resources to provide the best therapy possible for the kids. And I bet Kathryn's family would also be offering their full support. I hope so. Those kids are going to need it and they are going to be difficult to care for and will have trouble in so many areas. It's just so tragic. 

What are you talking about???

• Love 2
On 4/6/2017 at 1:00 AM, Sonoma said:

Perhaps she should stay behind closed doors with Cooper and her Instagram fans and she won't feel the burden.

I believe Kathryn has alienated K Cooper Ray also? He was my favourite man on this show and the only real man on this show. I'll never forget his shepherding the intoxicated and slavering TRav away from the golf cart at the 'Words of Wisdom' dinner party. Kathryn is a danger to herself at this point sadly.

6 minutes ago, queenjen said:

The physical anomalies he's exhibiting put him further than the 'mild' end of the spectrum. His ears at least look regular but to have physical changes to this extent is extremely serious, there is a whole lot more going on in the brain that kicks in with a lot less alcohol during the pregnancy. Some are saying Kensie also appears to have physical hallmarks of the syndrome, but I never noticed it with her and still don't. That doesn't mean she is or isn't on the spectrum, only Kathryn will be able to answer that. It's just so unbearably tragic. I don't know if I could cope with the guilt, if I was Kathryn, and this makes me fear for her life.

I've seen those kids for about a split second on the show.  How anyone thinks they can diagnose either one of the with some serious disorder based on a few seconds of TV time is a mystery to me.  If either child had anything like fetal alcohol syndrome going on, don't you think it would have shown up in all the nasty custody back-and-forth?  I'm sure the kids are fine and, if they aren't, and it's because of something Kathyrn did or didn't do, I'm just as sure that Thomas would have been shouting about it from the rooftops.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

What are you talking about???

The media articles and court documents that are showing Kathryn's failed drug tests, the failed rehab the drugs she was on and the now open speculation about the effect alcohol has had on at least one of her children. A lot of this is much more recent and now confirmed.

I was going to post something, but there's really nothing to say. Tamara Tattles, the Daily Mail, and some of the posters here have it pretty well covered. The only thing I can add is that Kathryn's and Thomas' son looks like he suffered/suffers from mild Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. His face and head seem to bear some of the hallmarks to a small degree.

Perhaps there's a "marked difference" because she's twice his age.  The boy looks perfectly healthy. The only unfortunate thing is that he looks just like his father.

1 minute ago, queenjen said:

The media articles and court documents that are showing Kathryn's failed drug tests, the failed rehab the drugs she was on and the now open speculation about the effect alcohol has had on at least one of her children. A lot of this is much more recent and now confirmed.

Since when have a bunch of fans of a TV show nattering about their pet theories online been "confirmation" of anything? Show me something that isn't fan or blog based -- like a medical report connected with the court case -- and I'll pay attention.  

• Love 4

The kid looks just like his father.Screen-Shot-2017-04-03-at-9.02.35-PM.png

1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

I've seen those kids for about a split second on the show.  How anyone thinks they can diagnose either one of the with some serious disorder based on a few seconds of TV time is a mystery to me.  If either child had anything like fetal alcohol syndrome going on, don't you think it would have shown up in all the nasty custody back-and-forth?  I'm sure the kids are fine and, if they aren't, and it's because of something Kathyrn did or didn't do, I'm just as sure that Thomas would have been shouting about it from the rooftops.

It's not the show, it's the photos that go up on Instagram etc. The physical features are really obvious if you know what to look for. I taught so many of them in one school and these kids would look related to one another. I have never said anything about it before now, because speculating on such a thing with respect to little kids should be off limits. But it's now become a topic across the internet and many commentators are saying pretty much the same thing (that they noticed the anomalies, particularly in Saint). Thomas has indeed been saying this stuff in court. He also posted a video (he took it down, but it's still floating around on the web) of Kathryn smoking and intoxicated while pregnant. They were on the street, if I remember correctly, and he began filming her as she was screaming at him. Also, Thomas should absolutely NOT be given a pass on any of this, which is what is happening in some circles. He's got a verified history with cocaine and who knows what else, and this is also said to contribute to issues with children. However, it's not as clearcut as FAS.

• Love 5

@pbutler111 Put pictures of him up next to children known to have FAS. I did. I'm not saying he definitely has it, but it certainly looks like it. I'm certainly not relying on what I've seen on the show, as you seem to think. Some of us realize you can gather information using the Internet, too.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Since when have a bunch of fans of a TV show nattering about their pet theories online been "confirmation" of anything? Show me something that isn't fan or blog based -- like a medical report connected with the court case -- and I'll pay attention

TamaraTattles has condensed various links to articles in this post: 

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/05/kathryn-calhoun-dennis-situation-is-dire-thomas-ravenel-admits-he-bought-her-an-engagement-ring/

In this post, there are links to articles in the Daily Mail and there are court documents quoted here. I've seen them elsewhere on the web also. More will be popping up elsewhere in the next few days. 

I am a huge Kathryn supporter (I don't want to say 'was', because this is an illness for her and she needs support and treatment, not exclusion and judgement), I feel for her. The verification of some of the ugly things TRav has said about her saddens me. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, queenjen said:

I am a huge Kathryn supporter (I don't want to say 'was', because this is an illness for her and she needs support and treatment, not exclusion and judgement), I feel for her. The verification of some of the ugly things TRav has said about her saddens me. 

I can't stand Kathryn, but even I hope she'll do what she needs to do to get better and be able to be a mother to her children. I think she's a psycho right now, but that's probably the drugs and drinking making her that way rather than it being part of her normal personality. She's probably quite likeable when she's sober. Even if she's not, I still hope she gets clean, stays clean, and mothers her kids.

• Love 5

@Babyfoot Yeah, my wife and I caught that, too. I don't know enough about Shelby for that to sway my opinion of Craig. Speaking of Craig, if there's a 5th season of this show, I'm going to be keen to find out what he's doing. Does he actually finally become a lawyer? Or does he decide to do something else?

• Love 1

Exactly. This is such a tragic situation. As far as Kathryn is concerned, there have got to be concerns for her safety. She's going to be judged and condemned everywhere. Facing the consequences of her choices in her own children will be beyond challenging. She's got nothing going for her. She's so young, I don't think she finished her college degree and I believe she only worked for a short time for some political campaign? She was trying to sell clothes and accessories online at one stage, I visited the page, but the stuff looked like things she'd worn and discarded, and random bits of jewelry picked up at yard sales. She's certainly not in any shape to provide for these two children right now.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/5/2017 at 2:36 PM, corter20 said:

I think my thing is that both Kathryn and Thomas are vile creatures and they should equally be held accountable for her actions.  Thomas has recently been hanging out with a very young girl in her  early (barely) 20's who doesn't have the best reputation with cocaine and various other drugs. This girl has been in the main house. This girl has spent the night in his house while he had custody of the children. I am not saying that Kathryn isn't doing the same, but I feel like he needs to equally be held accountable. I think if Thomas was given a drug test "truthfully" and a legitimate one at that, he would fail it in a heartbeat. 

Thomas is out doing the exact same thing Kathryn is or was doing, yet he has no consequences. He might have a beautiful house, but children are way more important than any house. Put that house on the market and get a house that is kid friendly and allow yourself to raise them on your own. He needs to show he is better than Kathryn, because at this moment, he is just showing that he has a lot of money to pay off lawyers and judges to get what he wants. 

I also believe that's Thomas enjoys pushing buttons as much as Kathryn does. I am not sticking up for Kathryn whenever I say this, but she is young, dumb, and jealous with very little experience in order to know to respond and just simply live. Kathryn's biggest issue is that she is bitter and can't let it go. She seems Thomas out doing the exact same thing she is doing, yet no one is criticizing him other than saying he is an idiot and it is typical TRav. She knows he still likes his drugs and alcohol, but he can manipulate situations so that he comes off looking peachy. People overlook his mistakes as it is just him being him. Kathryn makes the same mistakes and her kids get taken away from her and placed in custody with the other parent doing the exact same thing.  Kathryn needs to learn to shut up and sit back. What is coming to Thomas will eventually come. She just isn't smart about how to take care of matters and let's her crazy show. 

Was the bolden above  on the show?

Not to defend Thomas, but, I think that we really take a big step when speculating about the progress that Kathryn is capable of achieving.  I don't know her diagnosis, but, I would be very surprised if it's just substance abuse.  Some kinds of issues render people incapable of good intentions, honest dealings, genuine concern and selflessness.  And age doesn't correct it.  I'm a pretty liberal person, but, when I see mean....I believe it.  

I don't have a high opinion of Thomas either and most of it is due to his involvement with Kathryn.  I really hope that no one gets seriously hurt in all their dealings.  A person like Kathryn makes domestic matters ripe for violence.  Prayers for the innocents, especially the babies. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

@pbutler111 Put pictures of him up next to children known to have FAS. I did. I'm not saying he definitely has it, but it certainly looks like it. I'm certainly not relying on what I've seen on the show, as you seem to think. Some of us realize you can gather information using the Internet, too.

And why in the world would you?  I find it disturbing that people actually seem excited at the thought that there could be something wrong with this kid.  The boy looks perfectly fine to me, as he does to my husband, who is a physician.   C2A9BUMXEAAaJ6o.jpg

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Babyfoot said:

Did anyone catch Craig saying "I hate her" when Shelby entered the party? I'm not a Craig fan necessarily but that endeared him just a little to me.

Am I just not in with the times, because my first thought was, who goes to a pool party with high heels?! OR is that how kids do it these days?

• Love 2
(edited)

@slowpoked LOL. Well, I definitely can't help you because I haven't been to a pool party in 30 years, give or take. And that would have been when I was a teenager. That said, I didn't give it much thought. I figured "pool party" translated to "gathering where the intent is to see and be seen", which makes high heels sort of fit (I think). LOL

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 2

Tamara Tattles just updated her post from yesterday. Apparently K. Cooper Ray reached out to her for her to get Shelby's side of the story.

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/07/tamara-tattles-exclusive-interview-with-shelby-dennis-and-k-cooper-ray/

It looks like all the lashing Kathryn has made the past few days in the media is due to her currently using drugs. And this is especially sad:

P.S. I forgot to mention the People article where Kathryn claims to be living at home with her parents, practicing yoga and focusing on regaining custody of her children. That is a trifecta of lies. She is shacked up with some dude, and partying. Allegedly. As I have heard through various Charleston sources.

I hope someone intervenes before the worst happens.

• Love 2
(edited)

Based on my experience living in the south ,there are pool PARTIES and then there are POOL parties.  For the former, you go to be seen, drink and flirt. It's more about the people and not the swimming. lol  Most families have POOL parties where you wear your suit and have fun playing in the pool.  Still, it looked that the girl last night had a pretty good mix of people who looked like they were enjoying the water, especially Thomas.  So, maybe, someone got their signals crossed. 

Why is Shep so angry?  I mean, if Craig wants to waste his time and energy pretending to apply to law school, HOW does it impact him?  I mean, is it really a reason to hate the guy?  I could see his girlfriend being angry, but,.........

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
On 4/5/2017 at 8:18 PM, scrb said:

Craig has no job and Naomi is going to school.

So of course they have a Porsche.  Probably leased by the show to play up the supposedly elite circle.

Austen lives paycheck to paycheck but brags he has a nicer car than Shep.

As for Shep getting into Craig's business with law school, that's probably the story line the producers wanted, to generate some friction and drama.

Most of them don't socialize together regularly.  Some don't even live in Charleston when the show isn't filming. So they're going to have fake get togethers for the show.  Since what's his name is gone, will they still do the ball or just replace with something else.

I think it was established last season that Naomi is loaded.  It bugged the hell out of me when Craig and she had a house party last season and he went on about "New Craig".  New Craig landed a girl with money.  

Setting aside how much Craig annoys me, I think Naomi is great.  She's an intelligent girl who isn't afraid to call our b.s. when she sees it, even if it's Craig' b.s..

I actually like Whitney.  He's an oddball, but he's really never done anything that I would deem terrible.  He's a snob, but look at his mother.

Cameran is a beautiful girl and I enjoy her snark, but once a baby comes, I'm not sure she will stay on the show.

I honestly did a double take when Thomas said Kathryn hadn't "seen" her kids in months.   I think Bravo really has to cut her loose.  There is nothing entertaining about seeing a Mom self destruct and lose her kids.  The long term effects on those kids from having all this televised cannot be anything but bad.

I found Season 2 Kathryn somewhat likeable, but that girl is gone.  Just reading about her treatment of Jennifer Snowden is horrifying.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, queenjen said:

Whitney and Patricia have a lot to answer for, as does TRav, for their part in Kathryn's downfall.

This comment ticked me off because, once again, Kathryn's the victim; Kathryn wasn't ten years old when she got involved with these people, she was a grown woman.  

• Love 12
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was the bolden above  on the show?

Not to defend Thomas, but, I think that we really take a big step when speculating about the progress that Kathryn is capable of achieving.  I don't know her diagnosis, but, I would be very surprised if it's just substance abuse.  Some kinds of issues render people incapable of good intentions, honest dealings, genuine concern and selflessness.  And age doesn't correct it.  I'm a pretty liberal person, but, when I see mean....I believe it.  

I don't have a high opinion of Thomas either and most of it is due to his involvement with Kathryn.  I really hope that no one gets seriously hurt in all their dealings.  A person like Kathryn makes domestic matters ripe for violence.  Prayers for the innocents, especially the babies. 

It wasn't. I hate to be so petty, but this young woman is not very attractive at all (very plain but extremely full of herself). The girl on the show was way better. 

33 minutes ago, corter20 said:

It wasn't. I hate to be so petty, but this young woman is not very attractive at all (very plain but extremely full of herself). The girl on the show was way better. 

LOL. I like redheads, personally, and I find Kathryn both attractive and unattractive, by turns. It all depends on how she has her hair done (because I think her head is not shaped in a way that I find to be unequivocally attractive). This has even been a point of fascination/distraction for my wife over the last season and a half (because, by mid-season last season, we were both just sick of her psychotic antics and wanted her off our screen). Sometimes, her hair just makes her head seem to have a strange shape.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

This comment ticked me off because, once again, Kathryn's the victim; Kathryn wasn't ten years old when she got involved with these people, she was a grown woman.  

I completely agree.  Kathryn joined a reality show, sought out the richest guy, got pregnant, kept up a drug habit, lashed out at others, etc...the fact that her actions were judged publicly by others on the show kind of comes with the territory.  If I recall, she was not a cast member in the first season, but was hell bent on being one; hence her multiple hook-ups with multiple cast members.

Kathryn may have fallen victim to drugs, but she was not a victim of others on the show.  That being said, kids are involved now, and the show needs to end this storyline.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think it was established last season that Naomi is loaded.  It bugged the hell out of me when Craig and she had a house party last season and he went on about "New Craig".  New Craig landed a girl with money.  

Setting aside how much Craig annoys me, I think Naomi is great.  She's an intelligent girl who isn't afraid to call our b.s. when she sees it, even if it's Craig' b.s..

I actually like Whitney.  He's an oddball, but he's really never done anything that I would deem terrible.  He's a snob, but look at his mother.

Cameran is a beautiful girl and I enjoy her snark, but once a baby comes, I'm not sure she will stay on the show.

I honestly did a double take when Thomas said Kathryn hadn't "seen" her kids in months.   I think Bravo really has to cut her loose.  There is nothing entertaining about seeing a Mom self destruct and lose her kids.  The long term effects on those kids from having all this televised cannot be anything but bad.

I found Season 2 Kathryn somewhat likeable, but that girl is gone.  Just reading about her treatment of Jennifer Snowden is horrifying.  

Her family may be well off but then why would she bother with Craig then, a guy with no prospects?

I think production is leasing cars and homes for several of the cast.  Besides Thomas, the really rich in Charleston won't bother being on TV.  Well Patricia but not sure what her angle is, maybe boredom?

so the rich can be fame whores too.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, scrb said:

Her family may be well off but then why would she bother with Craig then, a guy with no prospects?

As dismayed parents everywhere who are less than impressed by their child's selection of mate say, "There's no accounting for taste." Personally, I think he's better-than-average looking. But I'm a guy, so what do I know about men's beauty?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

As dismayed parents everywhere who are less than impressed by their child's selection of mate say, "There's no accounting for taste." Personally, I think he's better-than-average looking. But I'm a guy, so what do I know about men's beauty?

Lol.  Craig does nothing for me in the looks department.  I think in ten years, once he's matured a bit & is more secure in himself, he will be less annoying, but now he just tries to hard.

• Love 5

@AttackTurtle I'll agree he tries too hard. He's young, in a social environment that encourages "keeping up with the Joneses" and consumerism, and hasn't yet figured out that life isn't about all of that stuff. I think he would do better if he were away from that scene. Of course, that means he either probaby wouldn't have met Naomie or probably wouldn't be able to keep her. I think they're a good couple (at least, from what little we've seen on the show, they seem to be) and so I hope he figures out how to treat her. "Happy wife, happy life" after all, even though most men mean that sardonically.

• Love 2

I just watched the pilot again. Whitney was so much grosser than I remembered. So much grosser.

I can't believe this bit of foreshadowing made it into the show: Cameron asks Thomas if he'd rather end up with Melanie or Scarlett from gone with the wind; Thomas pantomimes with his finger losing an erection with Melanie and getting one with Scarlett. It's crazy. As much as people talk about Kathryn being a gold digger, Thomas has a type. That type is crazy and troublemaking.

Also Cameron is the only cast member who has consistently invited friends of color to any of their events.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Not to mention I think Patricia has probably spent ten minutes in the presence of Kathryn.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I can't believe this bit of foreshadowing made it into the show: Cameron asks Thomas if he'd rather end up with Melanie or Scarlett from gone with the wind; Thomas pantomimes with his finger losing an erection with Melanie and getting one with Scarlett. It's crazy. As much as people talk about Kathryn being a gold digger, Thomas has a type. That type is crazy

Hey, don't insult Scarlett O'Hara like that!  :p

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I seriously doubt production is leasing shit for these people. 

I think they do. I read somewhere that at least Landon and Cameran's cars are through the show. Not bought for them, of course. So I don't think it's too far off that Craig and Naomie's Porsche are also leased for them. It actually does help the show so I'm not surprised production will foot the bill for it. It gives more credence that these people are Charleston "elites".

I read somewhere too that Naomie's promise ring is also another one supplied by production. That Naomie only wears it while filming. During off-season, it's taken back by the producers.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I read somewhere too that Naomie's promise ring is also another one supplied by production. That Naomie only wears it while filming. During off-season, it's taken back by the producers.

If this is true, that is really quite sad. I suppose Naomie is able to continue taking Craig seriously because she knows it's part of the show. If I were Craig, though, this would offend my sensibilities and pride as a man.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Cameran's cars are through the show.

Cameron has had the exact same car for two if not three seasons it would make absolutely no sense for them to lease it for her efen when the show wasnt filming. She and her husband can afford her car which is not that expensive and she IGs from it when they aren't filming. Even Craig's and Naomi's car wouldn't be difficult to afford. 

Have we ever seen Landon driving anything other than a golf cart? Not even joking she is usually picked up by people and other than that her mode of transport is a bicycle, uber or golf cart.

12 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I  read somewhere too that Naomie's promise ring is also another one supplied by production. That Naomie only wears it while filming. During off-season, it's taken back by the producers.

Not sure where you read it but it's clearly not true as demonstrated by her Instagram where you can see her wearing it even when they aren't filming.

• Love 1

I'd be fine having Craig being my kept man doing carpentry and gardening. My real life BF is named Craig so I wouldn't have to worry about getting their names mixed up either.Next season plot line, show?

Any guy that openly hates cousin Shelby is right in my book.

• Love 2
(edited)

Cam drove a smaller Benz in season 1 I think, then she graduated to a white 5 series and now she's in a new Benz.

ETA: I think I remember her saying something about becoming more successful financially / getting the white 5. But I'm going on the assumption that a lease on a new Benz is part of her compensation package, and same for Craig/Naomie sharing the Porsche. Craig used to drive a Milan which probably belonged to his mother or grandmother. Austen likely gets a car allowance as a product rep. 

Edited by RedDelicious

I can tell you with good authority the show does not lease cars or homes for these people. They are paid a salary for appearing on the show, nothing else. If they take a trip somewhere, far away, production pays airfare and hotel fees. Other than that, nothing.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I can tell you with good authority the show does not lease cars or homes for these people. They are paid a salary for appearing on the show, nothing else. If they take a trip somewhere, far away, production pays airfare and hotel fees. Other than that, nothing.

Thanks for clarifying!

• Love 1

Does anyone else here remember being in their yearly 20's?  I do and I was an idiot...much like Katheryn,

I feel really bad for this girl.  Thomas is one sorry son of a b.  Why didn't he get a vasectomy or God forbid use a condom?

If they were even close in age, I wouldn't be so hate on Thomas, but with this age difference he needs to pay for his stupid mistakes. 

Thomas can play Southern Gentleman all he wants, but he messed up and needs to pay up in many ways.  What a douche!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Missmissie173 said:

feel really bad for this girl.  Thomas is one sorry son of a b.  Why didn't he get a vasectomy or God forbid use a condom?

If they were even close in age, I wouldn't be so hate on Thomas, but with this age difference he needs to pay for his stupid mistakes. 

Because he wanted children, why he wanted them with Kathryn is beyond any rational thinking but it's Thomas so I guess no one should expect rational thought.

I easily remember my early twenties and why I made stupid mistakes but I wasn't a batshit drug addict who is a shitty person. 

It's not only Thomas she is batshit every single person on the cast even Craig has had issues with her. She was even mean to Dani and Elizabeth both who were kind to her. She also turned on Cooper who was her most vocal supporter.

Shep has also mentioned that she has gone crazy on him more than once.

• Love 8